Range Trotter #HT029 by adheline

Based on Click to view
Artist adheline [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #HT029

Postby adheline » Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:41 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

When we were kids, my friends and I used to tell each other stupid 'scary' stories, like one about a girl who kept seeing floating lights getting closer to her house only to find out they were people with glowsticks at a party.
Tell me a spoopy story! Can be an original work or a retelling, just be sure to tell me which it is. Really doesn't have to be long, feel free to paraphrase.

End Date: October 16th

Username: Autosarcophagy
Show Name: Mother Midnight
Barn Name: Elegy

Height: 14.0 hh
Eye Color: Soft Shadows
Phenotype: Bay Splash The Mold
Genotype: Ee AA Splspl Tmtm
Last edited by adheline on Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #HT029

Postby Taxidea » Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:43 am

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Voices From Beyond
Barn Name: Beyond
Height: 14.1hh
Halter color: Blues
Original or Retelling: Original
Story: This story is both spoopy and completely true. When I was about 15 years old, I was trying to fall asleep at night, but I kept hearing faint voices. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but the voices were insistent. I turned on the light, half wondering if I had fallen asleep and the voices were in a dream, but I could still hear them. Maybe my family was talking a little outside my door...but when I opened the door and stepped into the hallway, the voices disappeared. A chill went down my spine -- what was happening? Where were these voices coming from? Why were they only in my room? I found my dad and asked him to come listen. After standing with his eyes closed for a few seconds, he told me that he couldn't hear anything. Meanwhile, I could still hear the voices chatting, discussing, arguing...I couldn't tell. But I didn't like that I was the only one who could hear them. With my dad in tow, I walked the perimeter of my small room, seeing if the voices got louder or softer. They stayed the same no matter where I was. I was starting worry that I might be going crazy. My dad tried to convince me to get back in bed and fall asleep, sure that whatever was happening would be gone in the morning. But there was no way I could sleep with those voices mumbling in my head. Panicked, I started throwing things around in my room, looking for anything that could be the source. Suddenly, my hand fell on top of a small, black box. Lifting it to my face, I saw the long cord from which dangled old fashioned, felt-covered, over ear headphones. The black box? A small, portable radio, that I must've stepped on and turned on, with the volume up loud enough that I could hear the indecipherable radio voices coming through the headphones.
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autosarcophagy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:56 am

Username: Autosarcophagy
Height: 14hh
Halter color: Cream
Original or Retelling:[A retelling of my favorite ‘Shaggy Dog’ spoopy story, the original is PAGES long but I’ve condensed it by a little bit!]

Story: Three boys venture into a haunted house. One brings a knife, the second, a flashlight and the third. a handful of cough drops.
Creeping through the house with the boy carrying the flashlight in the lead, the trio makes their way carefully through the desolate building, mustering all their courage to not turn and flee at every shadow and sudden creaking floorboard.
“OOOooooo…”
A quiet voice echoes from somewhere below them, rising up through the floor and sending goosebumps prickling along the fearful adventurer’s arms. Uncertainly, they continued forward, stepping through the doorway to the kitchen and onward, room after room in pursuit of the voice, until they finally reached the door to the basement.
“OOOOuuuuOOOu”
Once again the voice echoed through the house, louder and seemingly more agitated, this time coming from the other side of the door.
The boys discuss in hushed voices, expressing their fear and speculation over what would possibly be hiding down there. A ghost, vampire, maybe a real living person? This house had been abandoned for as long as they could remember, so what could it possibly be? Eventually their curiosity won over their apprehension and, steeling their nerves, the three boys opened the door.
EEEeeee.
Rusted hinges ground against the ancient frame, revealing a set of wooden steps leading deep into the inky void of the unknown.
The boy with the flashlight in the lead once again, they descended into the dark.
Stairs creaked beneath their feet and each of the three could feel their heartbeat pounding so loudly he feared the others would hear.
The boy with the flashlight stepped down onto the cold stone ground, sweeping his flashlight in a wide arc, eventually landing on a dark coffin sitting in the empty space. It was adorned with relics and candles, careful inscriptions carved into its sides in a language none of the friends could decipher.
“OOOOOOOUUUUUUUuuuuOOOO”
Suddenly, as if by magic, the coffin began to rise, spinning in the air in front of the boys as it continued to scream.
The first boy dropped his flashlight and ran back up the stairs.
The second held his ground, slicing at the air with his knife as if to ward off the evil spirit, but he too succumbed to his fear and fled shortly thereafter.
The third, who had remained quiet throughout all this, faced the coffin calmly and reached into his pocket. Taking out one of the cough drops he popped it into his mouth.
Waited a few moments…
And the coffin stopped.
Dirk ↦ It/He ↦ "Memento Mori 000:00:00:00" ↦ ©

"Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel."
Autosarcophagy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Oddly Shaded » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:03 pm

Username:
Show Name: Altiva Park Manifest
Barn Name: Mani
Height: 14.2hh
Halter color: Eye colour
Original or Retelling: Mix of both
Story:
When I was a teenager (because Oddly is old now haha), I went to a birthday party for one of my dearest friends at the time. There was about 6 of us girls enjoying the day of fun activities with a sleepover planned. We were sitting by the dam when the birthday girl decided that the darkness creeping in was the best time to start telling spooky stories to freak everyone out. And so they all go through a story, and darkness falls even heavier over us as it is then the birthday girls turn. She starts the story of the Man with the bloody finger.

Its the cold dead of night, in an empty house, youre all alone. The phone right, and when you answer, a gentleman speaks softly. "I am the man with the bloody finger. I know where you live". Immediately you hang up the phone, concerned you go and lock the doors, close the curtains and sit on the couch. Staring at the phone. Wondering. Why did some guy just call you and say that bizarre thing. While you stare, the phone rings again. Without hesitation you answer. "Hello?" you say, rather profoundly. His response, quicker than you had thought "I am the man with the bloody finger. I am in your town". Again, at the sound of his voice, you hang the phone up. Before you have a moment to think, the phone rings again. Hesitant this time, you slowly grab the phone and without a word he replies "I am the man with the bloody finger. I am in your street". You shove the phone down. Assuming that its a prank. Waiting for the next phone call to come, assuming it would at least. But he makes you wait. Not too long. But a minute passes. And the phone rings again. You go to start telling this man off. Telling him to leave you alone. But theres nothing but silence. So you ask, "Hello? Are you even there?" to which he replies, "I am the man with the bloody finger. I am at your house". The phone cuts dead, and immediately there is a loud, obnoxious three bangs on the front door. You drop the phone, as pure terror creeps through your whole body. You run to the kitchen, shuffling through draws to find the biggest knife you own. Your fingers find the knife, and you turn to the door with the blade extented fully out. Fear has you in its grip and you cannot make a single word leave your body. As you stand there, the door knob begins to slowly turn. You know you locked the door right? You did? Didnt you?... The door slowly opens with a creak. A large black figure stands in the door way, dressed in a hooded cloak. You scream in pure horror, and run for the bathroom. Load footsteps follow behind you and as you slam the bathroom door shut and lock it three times to be sure. You hear another knock. You scream at the man, "Who are you! Leave me alone!". To which he replies, "I am the man with the bloody finger. Do you have a bandaid?"

Obviously us group of girls, thought that this was just the scariest and funniest spooky story. Until an hour later I disappeared... My friends were all hiding in the little granny flat down the yard from the house. And so i called the flat. "Hello?" said one of my friends. "I am the man with the bloody finger. I am at your house". I said in the deepest spookiest voice I could muster. A scream followed, with more young girls screaming (presumably after they were told what was said on the phone). In the darkness i slid down to the door of the flat, and knocked. "Dont open it! Hide in the bathroom! Go! Go hide!" is all i could hear through the door. And as i opened the door, one of the girls had a wooden spoon (because there wasnt any knives) pointed to my face, and i asked "Do you have a bandaid?". She looked absolutely mortified. And the other girls come shyly out from the back of the flat all with faces of pure terror. I think they all still hold a grudge about this even though its been like 12 years. Best prank I ever pulled off.
Oddly Shaded

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:09 am

Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Dreams Of Red Fog
Barn Name: Zina
Height: 15hh
Halter color: Black
Original or Retelling: Original
Story:
When I was a teenager I was in what's called Brownies (the girls-only equivalent of Scouts), we were on a night's stay in some building and had been split into groups for the rooms. We just sat in the hall hanging out before we were sent off to bed and one of the girls of course had to start telling a scary story that sent my poor anxious self spiralling. She said that she'd heard at one point from other girls that had stayed at the place that in the middle of the night they heard knocking on the window and upon looking out of the window they saw a pale figure outside looking in.

I ended up so bad that I couldn't stay in the room with the group I'd been put in, so they had me stay in a room with one of the leaders. For the life of me I can't remember when it actually happened but either late at night before the leader went to bed or early morning after she'd gotten up and left the room. I heard knocking on the window, I didn't see anything but my god I left that room so fast and just hovered in the corridor because no windows there hahaha
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adheline » Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:44 am

Autosarcophagy wrote:Username: Autosarcophagy
Height: 14hh
Halter color: Cream
Original or Retelling:[A retelling of my favorite ‘Shaggy Dog’ spoopy story, the original is PAGES long but I’ve condensed it by a little bit!]

Story:
-snip-

Congrats! c:
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Autosarcophagy » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:35 am

My first trotter! I'm so excited thank you!
Dirk ↦ It/He ↦ "Memento Mori 000:00:00:00" ↦ ©

"Between the velvet lies
There's a truth that's hard as steel
The vision never dies
Life's a never ending wheel."
Autosarcophagy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups