Andaluz Sport Horse #043 by Idem

Based on Click to view
Artist Idem [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Andaluz Sport Horse #043

Postby Idem » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:39 am

information!! wrote:Andaluz Sport Horses are a cross between the Andalusian and the Spanish Sport Horse. These horses have been bred
to combine their strength and agility to create the perfect showing champions. Andaluz's are extremely intelligent and elegant
horses, but are also known to have a fiery spirit. Their name is quite literally a combination of the two species, with andaluz
meaning "andalusian" in Spanish, and sport horse coming from their Spanish heritage.

These horses excel in endurance competitions such as cross country and show jumping, but are also capable of dressage
and harness pulling. Andaluz's also enjoy leisure riding as a way to bond between horse and rider. These sport horses can be
ridden either Western or English, but for showing purposes, will always be shown in English tack and attire.

Their heights can range anywhere from 14-16hh, with the average falling between 15-15.3hh. The most common
coat colors are the basic solids, but Andaluz's can have any coat color that has been discovered with the exception of mutations.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ --
Contest Information: Wanted to play around with a tail edit, so here's a lovely raised tail Andaluz!
To win this bab, tell me where their favorite place is and why. Minimum word count is 50 words.
End Date:
July 12th

Username: paradise,
Stable Page: Apricot Acres
Show Name: Take my Hand, Cowboy
Barn Name: Vagabond

Eye Color: Barbie Girl
Phenotype: Bay Roan Peacock Leopard Appaloosa
Genotype: Ee/AA/RnRn/Lplp/Patn1Patn1
Breeding Notes:
Dominant for agouti, roan, and patn1. Tail edit passes at breeding artist's discretion

Lineage: Foundation x Foundation

Last edited by Idem on Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Andaluz Sport Horse #043

Postby SpartanAmethyst » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:01 am

Username: SpartanAmethyst
Stable Page: [x]
Show Name: ARR Aurora España
Barn Name: Aure (pron. "Or-ey")
Halter Color: Something Aurora based!
Prompt: "Where the Lights touch the Earth...."

Aure was born in Galicia, Spain, October 2003. An older mare now, she still remembers those first few months of life so vividly. She'd been only a few weeks old, and was enjoying the last few nights of pasture freedom before the winter would see her and her mother housed inside the stables at night. It was a normal night it seemed: the crickets chirped, the skies clear, and breeze chilled, but somehow, there was static in the air. It made her coat stand on end, and even her mother continually looked to the sky and their surroundings. Aure had just been about to settle in to the lush grasses to sleep when a strange color caught her attention - it was light, but it shouldn't have been daybreak yet? Turning her eyes skyward, the most amazing colored lights filled the inky blackness, dancing and weaving through the stars. Even their owners has stepped out of their home to see the spectacle, a once in a lifetime show. It filled Aure with such excitement that she danced too - for hours upon hours until her tiny body finally had no energy left, and she slept.

Ever since that experience as a foal, her favorite place has always been the sky. Even though she doesn't know what causes auroras or why they happen, she can always be found staring up at the sky before she falls asleep. After she left her natal stable in 2008, she unfortunately was sold to a competition stable in Florida, then continued to move west across the United States, from stable to stable. It wasn't until she was sold to Amethyst Ridge, a competition stable located in Northern Colorado, that she saw her beloved aurora again. And even after all those years without them, that night she danced just like when she was a foal.
x ================== x
x ================== x
G O O D
N I G H T
S L E E P
T I G H T
D O N ' T
L E T
T H E
M O T H M A N
S E E
Y O U R
NI G H T L I G H T

------
ARR
GSAISO
SpartanAmethyst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:55 am

Halter Color: Gradient of your choice!
    Prompt: Vagabond truly is a perfect interpretation of her own name. She is a vagabond. She loves to wander out on her own and explore the entire world, not settling in one location for very long. She has been to numerous locations, each holding a place in her heart, but her favorite place would have to be this hidden lagoon she found in Mexico. It was a serene little place, the rocks outcropping over the top of the lagoon, shielding it from the harsh rays of the sun. The water was brilliantly blue and clear as day, allowing Vagabond to see her hooves when she waded into the water. It was just the right temperature, not too hot or too cold, just perfect. Although her mind is set on traveling, she thought she could have stayed in that little lagoon by herself forever. It was the most peace she had ever felt in her entire life.
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    nicole - she/her - baby artist
    hiya! i love all things horses &
    nature ;w; i am currently an
    artist for: range trotters, ferox
    ponies, + beaumont collies ♥
    . tentatively open
    for commissions/art swaps- just shoot me a
    message here or on discord! @paradise,#0479
    apricot acres - toyhou.se - ©
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Idem » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:38 pm

paradise, wrote:
    Halter Color: Gradient of your choice!
    Prompt: Vagabond truly is a perfect interpretation of her own name. She is a vagabond. She loves to wander out on her own and explore the entire world, not settling in one location for very long. She has been to numerous locations, each holding a place in her heart, but her favorite place would have to be this hidden lagoon she found in Mexico. It was a serene little place, the rocks outcropping over the top of the lagoon, shielding it from the harsh rays of the sun. The water was brilliantly blue and clear as day, allowing Vagabond to see her hooves when she waded into the water. It was just the right temperature, not too hot or too cold, just perfect. Although her mind is set on traveling, she thought she could have stayed in that little lagoon by herself forever. It was the most peace she had ever felt in her entire life.

Congrats!

Hey, I'm Idem! I'm just another person who enjoys collecting rocks and crystals, drawing, playing D&D, and listening to music (tøp, Porter Robinson, Hozier, half•alive). I'm always open for a PM if you'd like to talk. <3
Rocky Mountain Stables Hub My Polecat Drakes My BCs

-Do not go gentle into that good night-
-Rage, rage against the dying of the light.-
Idem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me