Re: Arkade Kal #6 - Pick a Game and Design the Hair

Postby Baylin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:47 pm

username: Baylin
name: tbd ????
hairstyle: beeps
favorite game: Dishonored
gif: Image
Last edited by Baylin on Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xXx

◊ My Toyhou.se
◊ pfp by Chizuny
◊ Sig art by SarahN

XxX.ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

xXx
Baylin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:11 pm

username: NightMareRose
name: Winnie
hairstyle:
favorite game: Among Us
gif:
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝, 𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚏𝚏."

Postby fish-soda » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 am

username: fish-juice xxname: alphecca xxgender: male

hairstyle: above! 'favorite game: super mario galaxy 'gif:

fish-soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:34 am

username: Broccoli_Bento
name: Calzone

hairstyle:
(you can change the hair color if you want)

favorite game: Luigi's Mansion 3
    gif:

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqim]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfumus » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:12 am

Username: Wolfumus
Name: Mott
Gender ♂: Male (Feminine)
Favorite Game 🎮: Five Nights at Freddy's: Pizzeria Simulator
Hairstyle ✂:

Kalon Hair 200.jpg
Kalon Hair 200.jpg (42.72 KiB) Viewed 456 times

GIF:

Last edited by Wolfumus on Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discontinued » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:18 am

username: Discontinued
    name: Kenji
    hairstyle: click to zoom in
    favorite game: Skies of Arcadia [Legends]
    - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- - -- -- -

ImageImage

Image Image Image - art shop ♡ - my kals - wermz - cozies - credit
• Yuu — tired person — INFP

- insomniac
- severe anxiety
- always searching
- wishing for everything

“I wish I could’ve lived my life without making any wrong turns. But that’s impossible. A path like that doesn’t exist. We fail. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It’s all we can do. On our own two feet.” - Yuki Sohma
Discontinued

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amplify » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:00 pm

♦【 username 】amplify
♦【 name 】calian
♦【 gender 】male
♦【 favorite game 】elder scrolls
♦【 hairstylelink!

Notes wrote:
- she/her
- trades [open/closed]
- PMs [open/closed]
Interests wrote:
- art, music, reading
- marvel, dc ;; the hobbit, lotr ;; good omens
- naruto, fma, haikyuu, fairy tail
- d:bh, tloz, pokémon
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 76heart » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:31 pm

this is now closed! all entries completed before this post will be counted.
thank you all so so much for entering and I’ll get the winners up very soon! <333

please do not post until the winners have been announced! <3
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Arkade Kal #6 - Winners

Postby 76heart » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:02 am

Hello everyone! <3

Thank you all so much for entering, and thank you to everyone who has shown interest. I'm honestly so overjoyed to have the opportunity to do this, and it's been so utterly wonderful seeing all the fantastic entries come in. It made me smile every time there was a new post and ahhh <33333

Because I neglected to mention it in the first post like a fool, I just want to clarify that none of this was judged by skill. It was judged on creativity, and what hairstyle, game, and gif sparked the most ideas for me. Absolutely every single entry is beautiful and so well done and gorgeously drawn and I'm beyond honored by the number of people who showed interest or entered. If you don't win, please be proud of your beautiful work and idea and don't doubt yourself and your capabilities, you did so so well <33

Judging this was honestly really hard and there were three entries I was incredibly stuck between, to the point where I had to ask for help choosing the main winner. There were so many beyond beautiful hairstyles and inspiring gifs I just couldn't choose between which pretty hair I wanted to do.
But !!
Without further adieu, I bring to you, the winners!

Honorable  Mentions
I would love to award the following lovely users an HM! I love the ideas your entries gave me so so much, but unfortunately I can't give out that many RUs <3
olivionary, CacophonousDreamer, bakuraas., MouseyLavi, IndigoBlues, Crowned, Wolfiedog3, Baylin, fish-juice, Broccoli_Bento

Runner  Ups
I would also like to award these wonderful users a RU! Please let me know if you would like to accept as soon as you're able <3 I fell in love with the ideas these entries gave me and I cannot wait to work on them for you <3
I will do my best to get these to you promptly, though life may happen as it loves to do this year so they may not be as prompt as planned <3 At any point, it is a-okay to check with me on the progress!

Grey_Hoodie
God the hairstyle just looks so fun to draw ahhh I absolutely love it! It's layered beautifully and feels so so wild and free but with some elegance still and I just adore it all around <3 The gif is gorgeous as well and just, ideas, hello. I'm getting regal palace in the sky made of pearly white stones that shimmers up in the clouds, intricately carved, but with a world full of life held within and little oddities and things that bring pizzazz to match the free elegance of the hair. Just absolute carefree radiance and gentle, soft, beautiful things and I'm already running wild in my head with all the gorgeous colors they could be. Your entry just instantly sparked all the ideas and I'm so excited to work on it <3

deerbroken
I love the feel of iron gates and fences with orange vines creeping up and flowers peaking through, and that gif could not capture that more perfectly. I love the dark, haunting, yet beautiful vibes it gives and the robe of the plague doctors gives me loads of ideas that I just absolutely adore and can't wait to get working on. The hair too looks really interesting and fun as well??? The braid will be so fun to do and I love the straighter shaggier parts and ahhh it along with the gif just creates such a fun image in my head and I so so love it <3 It just gives the perfect vibes of someone who's been through a lot and seen the rough and rugged side of things and ahhh I'm so excited to design Arcadius for you <3

Nermal1999
For some reason, of all things in the gif, the rose petals in the gif just immediately hit me with ideas for a design, and the more I stared at it, the more things in the gif sparked ideas, and the more inspired and excited I became. Then your lovely hair design, just even more ideas. I adore the loops of hair around the ears with the braid so much, and I love how it's on the inside of the other side too. That's such a unique way of doing it. The way the hair goes low over the nose is such a nice look too, and just overall the look of the hair is so so wonderful <3 It's different and wild, something I can see an elven archer with and just ahhh I love it! It's going to be so much fun to combine with the gif <3

rodentspawn
Stunning long hair !!! Yes !! I love me some long hair, especially if it's tied at some part, and ohhhhh that braid I love ittttt <3 The way the hair loops over the back is absolutely gorgeous as well, and I just utterly adore the faint, long and flowing elegance to it all. The loop beneath the ear and the side part too, oh I can't wait. I don't know much about Harvest Moon, but I know it has a goddess and that hair just instantly made me think of her and that brought so so many ideas I'm so so excited to work on. Flowing grace and hints of a moon and beautiful things. A goddess with nature and adorable little sheep and cows, oh my heart <3

Sobble
Beautiful complicated hair !! And long !!! The ties, the way it flows and has such an airy windy floaty feel that matches the style of Okami, it's all so so perfect and it just instantly gave so many ideas. It feels like it's just absolutely magical and the hair pins are so stunning and just compliment it beautifully <3 I love the gif too, it's so serene and beautiful, like a magical forest in the dawn of the night. The colors are gorgeous and style will be interesting to work with too. Okami is a game I've admired ever since it popped up in one of my studies of Japanese Mythology and the art style, and it's beautiful design to it all is so inspirational and the hair matches it perfectly and ahhh I'm so excited <3

Arkade  Kalon  #6  Winner
Sneky
Of all the entries, yours stood out to me (and the lovely staff member who helped me judge <3) the most. It was different than the others, and along with that, so very unique. It truly could not match ABZÛ and the absolutely gorgeous gif more perfectly. Brizo's hair just makes her feel like she's actually a part of the sea and the ocean's beautiful world. The pony tail is beautiful, and I just adore how it feels like a fish's tail, which is going to be so fun to echo in the tail. I also love the beads that tie off the pony tail and the hanging locks too, it just further adds to the fish undersea feel and I love it. The elegant curving swoop of the side part adds to it as well, and even the more tufty bit contributes to it and just ties it all together so wonderfully well. It feels bubbly and so very fishy and it reminds me of those cool looking koi ice cream cone desert things I can't remember the name of? Also Poe from Dappervolk ahhh. It's not at all what I was expecting, but I couldn't love it more and you absolutely deserve to win this darling <3 ABZÛ is truly one of the most stunning games, and you chose such a fantastic gif of it. The colors are lovely, and the sea life gives me so so many ideas and ahhh I'm truly excited to make her real for you <3 The underwater sea stacks, the anemones and coral and other marine plants I sadly can't remember or don't know the names to, along with the schools of fish and the dolphins and the gorgeous sunlight peaking through the waves and reaching down to the bottom of sea, and of course the gorgeous hairstyle, all just paint such a beautiful picture in my mind I absolutely can't wait to do <3 I know you'll give Brizu a magnificent home, congrats! I shall do my best to get her completed for you very soon! <3
Also your bird sounds like a beautiful adventure and please give them some scritches from me <333

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

@olivionary I really enjoy watching people play megaquarium, and ahh the gif you chose of it is so perfect, I love it! I utterly adore your hairstyle too, it feels so modern and fun and really adore side shaved styles like that. The bun and the pins in it are so so perfect too ee I adore it <3 It all just comes together and matches so well and they just feel like someone who would run an aquarium or go there to sketch or relax or have fun, and gives a fantastic sense of character right away
@CacophonousDreamer What an absolutely perfect hairdo for a darling in Stardew Valley! It's so beautifully suiting and I love the gentle, relaxed, low down country feel of it. That's someone you can trust and share some tea with and maybe hear some wisdom from, or even some unexpected mischief. The gif is such a lovely one to choose as well, the autumn feel is wonderful and I love what seems to be some little trouble makers hiding around <3
@bakuraas. Can I just say how cute and darling that hair is? And that little starfish? My hearrtttt <3 I love it so much and how soft and sunset summery it feels. I've never heard of the game Spiritfarer before but ahhh it seems so charming! That gif is just delightful, and as the hair does, it gives off the most wonderful feel that just makes you smile and relax and feel all comfortable to look at. It's all just so lovely and intriguing and brings lovely ideas and I adore it
@MouseyLavi Oooo what elegance! Valiance and regality just comes off both the style of hair and the gorgeous gif in waves and I love it so much. The ponytail is a simple one, but the way you've drawn it is just so appealing and makes it feel so fancy ahhh I adore it. I super enjoy the gif too, it's such a lovely image of a fantasy world in the sky. The figure looks so cool and the tree is snazzy and the foreboding city in the back all tell a story and I love it, and the ponytail just fits it so utterly perfectly <3
@IndigoBlues Mae inspired hair! I really miss Night In The Woods and that made me so happy to see honestly. The style is so so cute too and ahhh I love the highlights, I never appreciate highlights like that enough or think of them when they can be the most perfect touch. The gif is perfect too and ahhh I adore the chaos. A sunset lightbulb smashing darling with such snazzy hair is something I would someday so love to see, and something the world very much needs <3
@Crowned It seems like something went a little wrong with getting the gif, but nevertheless I was still able to find a way to view it and ahhh I adore it so much! There's so so many absolutely lovely gifs of the game and that one is just so beautiful and the scenery is utterly gorgeous. I love your hairstyle so much too! The feathers are such a wonderful touch that I absolutely love, and the pearl beads are beautiful too and just ahhh I so so love the look, it fits perfectly with the game <3
@Wolfiedog3 God those braids, they are so absolutely beautiful! And all that hair !! And those bangs ! It all comes together perfectly and I adore how it's like Aloy's hair, but still it's own very gorgeous thing that you did so well. You can feel the personality from it and ahhh the gif you chose is truly beautiful <3 The landscape shots and passing of time make for so so many wonderful ideas and I just love it so very very much, and I also keep staring at that gif because it's so lovely
@Baylin Ahhh the hair wrap on the longer strand is such a cool idea and you executed it so well and just ahh I love it so muchhh <3 Wraps like that are always so cool and I truly love how you did it and how soft it all looks. The bit going to the other side of the eye and framing it is also 10/10, it's so perfect. I love the flow of the hair, and I really adore Dishonored and the gif you chose loads! The hair really fits with it well and the hand mark brings loads of ideas
@fish-juice Oh wow, that hair looks so bright and fun! You can't help but smile when you look at it. It's wild and free and all sorts of unique and creative and just eee I adore it <3 I love the asymmetrical look and how it's out there, but with a purpose and a sense. It's well incredibly well composed and I just love every part of it, from the buns to the hair loops I always adore and those utterly fabulous bangs. It's a really wonderful game and gif choice as well!
@Broccoli_Bento That is absolutely, by far, the most fantabulous fantastic mustache I have ever seen and it gave me such a needed laugh of surprise to see. Calzone is one snazzy man with excellent taste and facial hair grooming and his concept has my whole entire heart. It clearly fits absolutely perfectly with the game as well, and Luigi must have gotten inspiration for his own mustache from Calzone's because it, along with his hair is just magnifico <3

@Khada Jhin Ahhh I love the style of the hair so so much! I'm a huge fan of hairstyles where the hair goes under the ear like that and you did it really well. The image and game you chose are lovely too! I especially adore the decorative quote gifs ahhh <3
@lillibeth,, What you went with just feel so fun! <3 Pacman is traditional but an absolutely perfect choice for an arcade, and the hair is really interesting to! The bun and the little curl strand are just so cute, and it's a great gif choice too!
@SilhouetteStation Illusive Peaches, she always comes when I'm not checking my game. Your entry is just so adorably cute though and there aren't words for how I love it <3 The cat shaped hair ties are such a darling adorable touch and that gif is so utterly precious my hearttt
@spottedpuppi The braid is absolutely beautiful and ahhh the little tufts on top are just precious <3 I adore the look of it all so so much and I also so love how you matched the colors of the hair lines and the form to the gif! That's a lovely touch and ahhh that gif is super cool as well!
@FluffyBirdie Oooo Nykra looks like such an interesting and beautiful game and ahhh what an utterly perfect choice of gif! It's beautiful and I love the contrast between the nature and the hexagon so much. I also so so adore your ponytail! It's simple but I love how it matches the one of the person in the gif <3
@Sinful_Lies That mohawk with the side shave is absolutely 10/10 snazzy and cool and I love it. It goes with the gif really well and ahhh I love the vibes of it all <3 The gif is a really cool one and the game seems really interesting too and just ahhh the concept you have going on is so fun
@DragonOfEmber That double high pony with the beads wrapped as ties and those lovely long bang strands is so gorgeous hello?? Absolutely beautiful and fantastic, I love it, and ahhh that game and gif are so beautiful! The moon and sky could make such a lovely design with the utterly stunning and unique hair <3
@Fanjee Ohhhh hello, your hairstyle is absolutely wonderful and ahhh I love the beads and the hair loop so so much! It's a unique and creative spin and I absolutely adore it <3 The way it curves up looks really cool and ahhh I adore the hair on the back of the neck too, it gives it such a great look. Your game and gif are interesting too!
@NightMareRose Simple, yet so chic, and so fitting for some astronauts dutifully doing their tasks to keep things afloat, or even an imposter there to wreck it all! I love how well the name fits with the hair too and it's overall just charming and darling and very sweet and nice to look at <3
@Wolfumus Oh I absolutely love those dreads! With the chosen game and lovely gif, the style of them fits so well and they resemble an animatronic look in a way, as does the really cool rest of the hair! That's a really wonderful touch and I love how neat and thought out it all feels <3
@Discontinued A very action packed gif, very fun!! The action lines and battle effects could make for a really interesting design and I really like that! The hair is utterly lovely too, it's very well done and looks like it would fit right in with the game. I love the way you did the locks on the cheek <3
@Amplify First, I love ESO and that's and utterly stunning choice of gif! Second, I love how the bun is really high and between the ears and how the bangs flow from it, that's really cool and I've not seen that before and I really love it <3 The braids are gorgeous as well, along with the twirled strands hanging down!

Thank you all again for entering so so much, it means more than I can possibly express and I adore each and every single entry and wip entry so so very much <3 I wish you all so so much luck in future competitions, and if you fell in love with the concept you created here but didn't win, I truly hope you're able to someday get them <333
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Arkade Kal #6 - Pick a Game and Design the Hair - WINNER

Postby sobble » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:45 am

Heart you continue to be one of the kindest people out there — Your passion and excitement is so contagious!! I can’t wait to see the designs you come up with, and i feel as if each description was a little sneak peak into the way you saw the designs. Thankyou so, so much for the RU and the kind words ♥️♥️
And a big congrats to everyone else! I really enjoyed seeing lots of varying and unique hairstyles, and the gifs were so pretty - i might have to check out some of those games ;)
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me