Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Valley of Kings -- #114

Postby ~Soul~ » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:02 pm

username; Cactologist
lion name; Ukwazi ("Knowing" in Zulu)
lion gender; Male
pride; Ukusizana Pride
pride status; Lorekeeper
What is this Lion(ess) Companion ; Despite his loud appearance, Ukwazi was always quieter than all of his fellow cubs. In fact, when he was born he was thought to be mute, but he just preferred to speak only when necessary. Still, though, he was made fun of and called simple and dumb. Little did they know, though, that he possessed the extraordinary ability to communicate with all other species. Through it all, he remained silent about his secret, absorbing it all.

One day when Ukwazi was wandering through the forest as an escape, he came across a newly fallen tree. Young, desperate cries of help squeaked from the branches. Although he was still young, he was able to move the log enough to uncover a busted up nest, formerly the home of a family of Spotted Eagle-Owls. While most of the down-feathered bodies were still, the head of one peaked out of the wreckage. Knowing what he had to do, he carefully lifted the chick from the rubble and placed him in his mane. Obviously he couldn't show anyone or his new friend would perish, but he found pleasure in feeding the baby and helping him grow, hiding him in a bush not far from his den. While the owl had never been given a proper name, Ukwazi came to know him as Umngani, or "friend." As the bird's grey feathers changed into a brilliant reddish-brown, Ukwazi developed a strong bond unlike any he'd ever had with a lion with this unlikely acquaintance. Instead of flying away when he came of age, Umngani stayed, vowing to always be there for Ukwazi as Ukwazi had been for him. Soon he became a recognized member of the pride, helping Ukwazi in his new role of Lorekeeper and teaching him to use his voice.
296 / 300 words

Last edited by ~Soul~ on Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
𝕃 𝕠 𝕀 π•₯ ~ π•š π•Ÿ ~ β„™ 𝕒 𝕣 𝕒 𝕕 π•š 𝕀 𝕖
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

𝔸𝕝𝕨𝕒π•ͺ𝕀 π•¨π•šπ•₯𝕙 π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•Žπ•’π•§π•–
~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Valley of Kings -- #114

Postby -Isabella- » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:26 pm

username; Isabella45
lion name; Imani
lion gender; Male
pride; link to thread
pride status;Β  Guard
What is this Lion(ess) Companion ;

As a cub Imani had no pride, having been born to a loner.
He was often lonely and longed for other cubs to play with.

One day while he was out exploring he caught the attention of an African Wild Dog pup. Curious, the pup followed Imani for almost an hour before the young lion noticed.
And as soon as Imani acknowledged the pup's presence he seemed to decide they were going to be friends.
The pup followed him all day, telling him his name was Dayo.

For several days the pup stuck around, at first nothing more than a nuisance with his habit of jumping on Imani and hitting him in the face with his paw.
But over the course of a few days Imani grew to like the playful pup and the two started to become friends.
As it turned out Dayo was an orphan and from that day on he regarded Imani as his family and has been steadfastly loyal ever since.

They do make an odd pair, Imani now a full grown lion strolling along with a playful dog bounding along at his side. The two are inseparable and would each protect the other even against their own kind.

When Imani first thought he might want to join a pride he was worried they wouldn't accept Dayo, or Dayo might not want to go. But Dayo was fine with the idea, not at all bothered by the idea of living among lions since he'd never lived among his own kind anyway.

Luckily the pride accepted the pair of them, seeming to think Dayo's presence was some sign, or that Imani had mystical abilities of some sort.

They are happy to let others think what they want as long as it means they can stay together.

(Word count 299)
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:11 am

username; Cactologist
lion gender; Male
pride; Ukusizana Pride
pride status; Lorekeeper
What is this Lion(ess) Companion ; Despite his loud appearance, Ukwazi was always quieter than all of his fellow cubs. In fact, when he was born he was thought to be mute, but he just preferred to speak only when necessary. Still, though, he was made fun of and called simple and dumb. Little did they know, though, that he possessed the extraordinary ability to communicate with all other species. Through it all, he remained silent about his secret, absorbing it all.

One day when Ukwazi was wandering through the forest as an escape, he came across a newly fallen tree. Young, desperate cries of help squeaked from the branches. Although he was still young, he was able to move the log enough to uncover a busted up nest, formerly the home of a family of Spotted Eagle-Owls. While most of the down-feathered bodies were still, the head of one peaked out of the wreckage. Knowing what he had to do, he carefully lifted the chick from the rubble and placed him in his mane. Obviously he couldn't show anyone or his new friend would perish, but he found pleasure in feeding the baby and helping him grow, hiding him in a bush not far from his den. While the owl had never been given a proper name, Ukwazi came to know him as Umngani, or "friend." As the bird's grey feathers changed into a brilliant reddish-brown, Ukwazi developed a strong bond unlike any he'd ever had with a lion with this unlikely acquaintance. Instead of flying away when he came of age, Umngani stayed, vowing to always be there for Ukwazi as Ukwazi had been for him. Soon he became a recognized member of the pride, helping Ukwazi in his new role of Lorekeeper and teaching him to use his voice.
296 / 300 words
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SlimPaw » Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:15 am

username; SlimPaw
lion name; Taronja
lion gender; Male
pride; Hienrich Pride
pride status; Guard

Taronja is best friends with an albino Hyena named Niche. They share similar stories about their own prides and how both were shunned for looking different than the rest of the pride. Taronja wandered off away from the pride to clear his mind off of his bullying. One day he found a snow-white figure headed in his direction, looking sad--just like him. They greeted with every last ounce of joy left in their system and the more they spoke the brighter their attitudes got. Eventually Taronja would sneak off late at night to play with Niche, Niche being the only friend he had at that time. The adults caught wind of what was going on, and spread the word of Taronja and his forbidden buddy to his parents. Lions are enemies with Hyenas and are to never socialize with one another, but this didn't stop them. Once Taronja returned home, his parents met up with him--looking very upset.

"Really? A Hyena? It could be ANY ANIMAL and you chose a HYENA?" His mother shouted.

"But he's just like me mom--he's lonely and-" His mother interrupted him.

"I've heard enough young cub. You're coming back to the den and never leaving again." She snapped. "Now."

Being apart from Niche, Taronja felt depressed and alone all over again, and he hated it. As he grew he gained endurance against the other's remarks about his appearance. Taronja was an adult now and was able to wander the lands on his own again, as a guard. During one of his patrols he noticed the same snowy white figure in the distance. It was Niche. They both made eye-contact and smiles at each other, knowing both were too busy to leave the lands. But at night... They hung out again.

295/300
Last edited by SlimPaw on Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
| She / They | Demisexual | Gemini | Artist | <3 |
SlimPaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amplify » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:05 pm

username;; amplify
lion name;; calder
lion gender;; male
pride;; tomoko’s pride
pride status;; warrior
what is this lion’s companion;;
calder met kaipo by chance, during the lowest point in his life. alone and depressed, he spent much of his youth wandering from place to place and eventually found himself taking a break in a small forest. he had been walking for several hours by then, and needed to rest his feet.

so upon finding a small pond he decided to get a drink, scavenge some food, and relax in the shade for an hour or two. however, his body had different plans; shortly after eating he began to feel sluggish, to the point where he could barely keep his eyes open. it didn't take long for him to realize that taking a nap was his best bet, so he hunkered down in the shade and closed his eyes; after all, what could possibly go wrong?

to his surprise, nothing; in fact, it turned out to be one of the greatest decisions of his life. for sometime between him falling asleep and awakening hours later, a small black ferret had curled up at his stomach. itβ€”no, heβ€”looked so vulnerable by his side. the question was, what was he doing here? based on the evidence, it appeared he was an orphan, like him...

he just couldn’t abandon him; especially not after receiving such unconditional trust. so from then on they traveled together, and as it turned out a family was just what they needed. in the end calder even began to rise above his depression; although, this does not mean he had no more bad days. in fact, he still does to this day; but the truth is he hasn’t feared them since meeting kaipo. after all, knowing he always has someone there with him makes all the difference.

Notes wrote:
- she/her
- trades [open/closed]
- PMs [open/closed]
Interests wrote:
- art, music, reading
- marvel, dc ;; the hobbit, lotr ;; good omens
- naruto, fma, haikyuu, fairy tail
- d:bh, tloz, pokΓ©mon
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:17 pm

username;
ToxicShadow

lion name;
Makuvu

lion gender;
Male

pride;
Oddity Pride

pride status;
First Commander

His companion is a seemingly unremarkable crow.

Makuvu was an unfortunate soul. Being born in a barbaric pride, where it was kill or be killed, he met his end when he vehemently refused to kill off the other young lion that he was pitted against by other members of their tribe as part of their coming of age ceremony. In spite of winning the fight, he was unwilling to deal the final blow. And, as such, the onlookers took his life, instead, deeming him weak and unfit for their pride.

The last thing he remembered was suffering the pain of death, as his body was torn and mangled, unable to fight to save himself.

That would have been the end. Had it not been for the crow.

It is often said that crows are omens of death. This is, perhaps, partially true. They are creatures capable of not only sensing the deaths of others and ferrying souls, but they are able to defy death.

Sensing the tragedy of Makuvu's untimely death, his despair, the crow took pity on him and, threading their souls together, brought him back from the dead.

He learned from the crow what had happened, that he'd died, that several seasons had passed, and the complications of their relationship. Makuvu cannot die, or even be harmed in a lasting way, unless the crow loses his life first. Strangely, the crow doesn't talk very much and claims not to have a name. Jokingly, the lion started calling him, "Death," as he helped him to defy death and, it stuck. For the most part, their conversations are one sided, lead by Makuvu, though Death offers advice when necessary. The pair are inseparable, and Makuvu will protect Death with everything he has, as it is the same as protecting himself.

300 Words
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:55 am

This is now closed!! I will judge this after class!
No editing to forms after this point or you will be disqualified!
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Soul~ » Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:11 am

Everyone’s forms where great!!! Though this one spoke to me a bit more!!
Congrats Cactologist!!

Cactologist wrote:username; Cactologist
lion gender; Male
pride; Ukusizana Pride
pride status; Lorekeeper

296 / 300 words
VOK ~ Healani Pride ~

~Soul~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cactologist » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:58 am

Thank you so much!! This lion is so gorgeous and he'll make a great addition to my pride!!
Cactologist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me