Based on Click to view
Artist SerenWish [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Wizard of CWHR: Cowardly Lion

Postby SerenWish » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:16 pm

If I only had the nerve...

The Cowardly Lion, one of the most comedic characters of the Wizard of Oz! A fun curly fellow, in order to take him home, finish the form! Once completed, he will recieve full tack when I am done!

sapphirespirit wrote:[center]Image

Username:
sapphirespirit
Show Name:
The Cowardly Lion
Barn Name:
Bertlahr (>:3 see what I did there?)
Breed:
Baskhir Curly
Height:
15.2 hands
Color:
Sooty Palomino
Markings:
Star, coronet, pastern
Genes:
e/e, Cr/cr, Sty/Sty
Personality:
Much like his movie counterpart- this poor guy is simply startled at everything. He's a shivering, skittish, stumbling mess- but he is deeply loved. and, he loves deeply. He's extremely Loyal, and He's got a huge heart. Why, we've even witnessed him facing some of the most frightening things (to him, anyway) for sake of his comrades. We've seen him rear up a few times at suspicious characters, as if to say " Put 'em Up, Put 'em up!!" Granted, he usually hightails it afterwards, but...

Short Story:

He hadn't slept in what felt like weeks. He imagined there were dark circles under his eyes- much like the humans got in sleepless times. He wished he were sleeping- and not walking along after his friends through the wood. But apparently this was something they just had to do. He crept along behind the trio ahead of him, his head hung low an dears flicked back as he walked so cautiously. His tail was tucked as far as he could get it. He snorted softly, a brief anger washing over him. The shiny coated , tin colored male was walking along side the patchwork colored male, and ahead of them was the lovely painted mare ,with blue ribbons in her mane and tail. He snorted again, shaking his head. They should All be sleeping- but the poor, dim girl insisted on this trek- she'd bat her pretty eyes and swished that silky tail, and they'd come galloping without a second thought. Mares.. Well, of course he wasn't about to be alone! So he'd went with them. Wishing now he hadn't. With a sigh he lifted his head. well, it was too late now, right? Just..had to make the best of it. Besides, what was so spooky about the forest? He walked for a while with his head held high, almost in a regal manner. But as the time passed, his brief flicker of courage ws blown out by the wind whistling through the tree tops. There was a storm brewing- making the whole area darker than it normally was, foggier. The wind kept tugging at the trees- and eventually a good sized stick fell, landing in a nearby bush an dpointing towards him. He'd started, his muscles tensing as he spooked in place- his eyes wide with fright. when he realized what it was, he snorted, almost a nervous laugh. Wh-what, tryin' to pull an axe on me, eh? He nevertheless hurried along to catch up to his friends, who had now faded from sight. Calming down again- his courage started to spark once more. He could do this! What was so bad? Yip, yip, yip! He half reared as a black furred mass darted past him, yipping all the way. Blasted Pee-Wee! Silly dog! Heh..trying to sneak up on me, eh? He shook his mane, after all, this was silly of him to think the forest was out to get him. He nickered laughter, half rearing at an old stump Put em up! Put em up! He nickered laughter again. Seriously, there wasn't anything in here.. except.. lions.. and tigers...and bears... and spooks. He froze, the whites of his eyes showing. sp-sp-pooks? He shook his mane, walking nervously. No, they had assured him, spooks weren't real. They weren't real. He was so focused on convincing himself that they weren't- that he hadn't noticed the wind had blew his tail into a bramble bush. That is, until it was tugging at his poor tail. He whinnied loudly, rearing up, before bolting through the forest-I do believe in spooks! I do, i do, i do, i do!- past his friends- Somebody pulled my tail!!-and crashed through the stream until he reached the clearing- leaving his pretty red ribbon tattered in the bramble patch.
The trio came loping along after him, surprised and confused.
What happened to being brave? the patched colored stallion sneered at him, the shiny stud nickering in laughter.
I haven't any courage at all! I even scare myself!
The mare tossed her head , whickering a soft laugh.
He must be a coward,
He , still trembling, tossed his head in agreement.
Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!

Find me a Wizard of Oz Gif:
Another hilarious favorite excerpt from The Wizard of Oz:

Describe is worst fear:

Why,this poor fellow is scared to death of everything! He spooks at loud noises, and faints when things jump at him- odd for a horse to faint, but this fellow just topples right over! He's terrified of the dark, and refuses to go into the wooded area alone, if at all. Like he thinks there's some sort of spooks in there, Ha! Halloween is not a good time for him...
But worst of all , he is terrified of things pulling his tail! If it doesn't start a stampede or cause him to faint over- it causes an awful squealing and kicking spree!

Design him some tack:
A nice emerald blanket with white trimming,
and a light green Halter with gold trimming, with a 'crown' on any of the circle clips, or on the bands.
basically based off of The Cowardly Lion's crown and robe get up when he sings' If I were King of the Forest'

Finish the line!

Lions, and tigers, and bears.....
OH MY!

Video Clip Click
I swear this scene I guffaw at every time! My all time favorite line from the Cowardly lion is when he screams, spins round, and says"Somebody pulled my tail!" I swear I lose it everytime, i was giggling the whole time I was making this form up, and had that scene replaying several times in the BG xDD

I swear I almost had a heart attack when i seen this- and i scared my family im visitin by squealing over this! Seriously fangirled reallllly hard, this is a HUGE WIP!!

[/center]
Last edited by SerenWish on Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wizard of CWHR: Cowardly Lion

Postby Kiwilady » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:26 pm

Username: kiwilady
Show Name: King of The Jungle
Barn Name: lion
Breed: Baskhir Curly
Height: 15.2 hands
Color: Sooty Palomino
Markings: Star, coronet, pastern
Genes: e/e, Cr/cr, Sty/Sty

Below is a wip
Describe is worst fear:
Design him some tack:

Finish the line!
........ ...... ........................
Hi!
I'm Kiwilady but you can call me kiwi!
I am a qualified Vet Tech!
I am a horse kinda person who loves
science and drama!
Come Visit The New CWHR!
I have a flight rising, a howrse, an aywas and many other websites and i love offsite trading!
Kiwilady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frostbite18 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:45 pm

Username: Frostbite18
Show Name: The Cowardly King
Barn Name: Lion
WIP
Find me a Wizard of Oz Gif: http://giphy.com/gifs/dsSndFyw5bjIk
Describe is worst fear:
Design him some tack: Bright, red, leather, western bridle with rubies on the crown. Red western saddle with golden engravings and more rubies!:) His saddle pad would be bright gold and his boots would be gold and red.

Finish the line!
Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!
Last edited by Frostbite18 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Frostbite18

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Weeping_Angel }Y{ » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Username: Weeping_Angel }Y{
Show Name:
Barn Name:

Describe is worst fear:
Design him some tack:

Finish the line!
Lions, and tigers, and bears. Oh my!
Dropping out!

While the Cowardly Lion is one of my favorite characters,
I just don't connect with this handsome boy.

Good luck to the other contestants.
Last edited by Weeping_Angel }Y{ on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
woof
birb
---
Art by
Ember the Wolf
characters
dA
---
babusagi
simas
---

The Pumpkin Queen | ∑a∂ µa††er | DolphinGirl4Ever
Weeping_Angel }Y{

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Username:
sapphirespirit
Show Name:
The Cowardly Lion
Barn Name:
Breed:
Baskhir Curly
Height:
15.2 hands
Color:
Sooty Palomino
Markings:
Star, coronet, pastern
Genes:
e/e, Cr/cr, Sty/Sty
Personality:
Much like his movie counterpart- this poor guy is simply startled at everything. He's a shivering, skittish, stumbling mess- but he is deeply loved. and, he loves deeply. He's extremely Loyal, and He's got a huge heart. Why, we've even witnessed him facing some of the most frightening things (to him, anyway) for sake of his comrades. We've seen him rear up a few times at suspicious characters, as if to say " Put 'em Up, Put 'em up!!" Granted, he usually hightails it afterwards, but...

Short Story:

He hadn't slept in what felt like weeks. He imagined there were dark circles under his eyes- much like the humans got in sleepless times. He wished he were sleeping- and not walking along after his friends through the wood. But apparently this was something they just had to do. He crept along behind the trio ahead of him, his head hung low an dears flicked back as he walked so cautiously. His tail was tucked as far as he could get it. He snorted softly, a brief anger washing over him. The shiny coated , tin colored male was walking along side the patchwork colored male, and ahead of them was the lovely painted mare ,with blue ribbons in her mane and tail. He snorted again, shaking his head. They should All be sleeping- but the poor, dim girl insisted on this trek- she'd bat her pretty eyes and swished that silky tail, and they'd come galloping without a second thought. Mares.. Well, of course he wasn't about to be alone! So he'd went with them. Wishing now he hadn't. With a sigh he lifted his head. well, it was too late now, right? Just..had to make the best of it. Besides, what was so spooky about the forest? He walked for a while with his head held high, almost in a regal manner. But as the time passed, his brief flicker of courage ws blown out by the wind whistling through the tree tops. There was a storm brewing- making the whole area darker than it normally was, foggier. The wind kept tugging at the trees- and eventually a good sized stick fell, landing in a nearby bush an dpointing towards him. He'd started, his muscles tensing as he spooked in place- his eyes wide with fright. when he realized what it was, he snorted, almost a nervous laugh. Wh-what, tryin' to pull an axe on me, eh? He nevertheless hurried along to catch up to his friends, who had now faded from sight. Calming down again- his courage started to spark once more. He could do this! What was so bad? Yip, yip, yip! He half reared as a black furred mass darted past him, yipping all the way. Blasted Pee-Wee! Silly dog! Heh..trying to sneak up on me, eh? He shook his mane, after all, this was silly of him to think the forest was out to get him. He nickered laughter, half rearing at an old stump Put em up! Put em up! He nickered laughter again. Seriously, there wasn't anything in here.. except.. lions.. and tigers...and bears... and spooks. He froze, the whites of his eyes showing. sp-sp-pooks? He shook his mane, walking nervously. No, they had assured him, spooks weren't real. They weren't real. He was so focused on convincing himself that they weren't- that he hadn't noticed the wind had blew his tail into a bramble bush. That is, until it was tugging at his poor tail. He whinnied loudly, rearing up, before bolting through the forest-I do believe in spooks! I do, i do, i do, i do!- past his friends- Somebody pulled my tail!!-and crashed through the stream until he reached the clearing- leaving his pretty red ribbon tattered in the bramble patch.
What happened to being brave? the patched colored stallion sneered at him, the shiny stud nickering in laughter.
He must be a coward,

Describe is worst fear:

Why,this poor fellow is scared to death of everything! He spooks at loud noises, and faints when things jump at him- odd for a horse to faint, but this fellow just topples right over! He's terrified of the dark, and refuses to go into the wooded area alone, if at all. Like he thinks there's some sort of spooks in there, Ha! Halloween is not a good time for him...
But worst of all , he is terrified of things pulling his tail! If it doesn't start a stampede or cause him to faint over- it causes an awful squealing and kicking spree!

Design him some tack:
and a light green Halter with gold trimming, with a 'crown' on any of the circle clips, or on the bands.
basically based off of The Cowardly Lion's crown and robe get up when he sings' If I were King of the Forest'

Finish the line!

OH MY!

Video Clip Click
I swear this scene I guffaw at every time! My all time favorite line from the Cowardly lion is when he screams, spins round, and says"Somebody pulled my tail!" I swear I lose it everytime, i was giggling the whole time I was making this form up, and had that scene replaying several times in the BG xDD

I swear I almost had a heart attack when i seen this- and i scared my family im visitin by squealing over this! Seriously fangirled reallllly hard, this is a HUGE WIP!!
Last edited by sapphirespirit on Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:35 am

I have a number of unfinished forms. I am giving everyone until September 12th to finish! After this, I will judge
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby urie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:37 am

Seren this is absolutely amazing, I love him. I won't be trying out though as I don't have the time and all of that but I just wanted to say he is really well done!
    totally wasn't stalking your gallery when I found him
i'm pretty sure the last time i played here was in 2015. insane to see how it's changed. feel free to ask for my pets lol
urie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:49 am

hound;; wrote:
    Seren this is absolutely amazing, I love him. I won't be trying out though as I don't have the time and all of that but I just wanted to say he is really well done!
    totally wasn't stalking your gallery when I found him

Thank you so much canine! <3
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SerenWish » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:34 am

sapphirespirit wrote:

Username:
sapphirespirit
Show Name:
The Cowardly Lion
Barn Name:
Breed:
Baskhir Curly
Height:
15.2 hands
Color:
Sooty Palomino
Markings:
Star, coronet, pastern
Genes:
e/e, Cr/cr, Sty/Sty
Personality:

Short Story:

He must be a coward,

Describe is worst fear:

Design him some tack:

Finish the line!

OH MY!

Video Clip Click

Your wonderful form snagged this boy, of course! I hope you enjoy your new boy! :3
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:16 am

-SQUEEEEEEE!!!! THANK YOUUUUUUU !
I lurve him. :3
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups