27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon #1922

Postby magpie! » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:04 am

edits;
    [s] hair, shine
    [c] tail

---

happy pride!! this kal is inspired by the lesbian flag!

this is a partner competition!

the prompt is the same, but one user must respond in writing [up to 500 words]
    and the other must respond with art [1 piece, no comics or words in the art]!

what do these kalons have in common?

prettying up is fine, no extras!

Code: Select all
    [list][b]username & number;[/b]
    [b]link to partner's form;[/b] [url][/url]
    [b]name;[/b]
    [b]gender;[/b]
    [b]prompt response;[/b] [ art or writing ][/list]

ends to June 25th at 8pm EST
Last edited by magpie! on Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1922

Postby captain dude » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:23 pm

username & number; captain dude 1003555
    link to partner's form; FoxieWithaMoxie
    name; Ampere
    gender; Female
    prompt response;
It all started with a little birthday gift. Ampere had found a cute sock-making for Wyrm and Wyrm, head over heels excited, wanted to have a sock day with her best friend.

The two went to work and found their calling. I mean, sure, some of their earliest creations turned out a bit... er, lumpy but with some practice, they became skilled at making all kinds of footware! It’s become their calling and now, they own an Etsy shop together and sell their cute little booties at the farmers’ market. Wyrm grows cotton plants at her cottage and Ampere has a little herd of angora rabbits and sheep that she shears for wool every once in a while. But with how good sales have been, they’re quickly running out of their homegrown wool and cotton!

Early in the morning, Wyrm bikes over to Ampere’s house, bringing along her cotton and usually with a little treat for breakfast or some flowers from her garden, just to brighten the day of work ahead of them. Their morning starts with processing the wool and cotton, dying it to the perfect hue, and spinning it into yarn.

They like to spend long afternoons sitting in the grass and knitting their new creations, just chatting about life and whatever they feel like. It’s soothing, and they really enjoy the company and deep conversations about life that come out of these sock-making sessions in the sun.

It’s a very relaxing job (except for the Glow Sock Incident of last summer that almost lit Wyrm’s feet on fire thanks to some half-baked designing and faulty circuits, but that’s become just a laugh now). Ampere likes that it doesn’t require that they work too fast. This nice laidback pace allows for some very intricate designs. Ampere just finished a pair of socks with goats on them and Wyrm completed a set covered with little roses and hearts. Tie-dye, holiday, or lace-tipped, they do it all!

They’ve gone everywhere with their socks! Life’s an adventure when it comes to their business! They started out with a booth at the renaissance fair selling lacy, ribbon-decorated socks that turned out to be way more popular than expected. The next year, they took their business to a booth at Comic-Con, selling socks themed around popular fanbases. It was so popular, that they sold out within the first eight hours of being there! It all worked out okay, though, because then they got ample time to enjoy the convention itself as well as going home with a boatload of money! This year, they planning to shift things into overdrive and bring double the socks!

Life is just so simple, so peaceful when they can just tune out and enjoy their creative outlet. They’ve grown to be better friends and to have a better outlook on life from it all. And most importantly, they’ve made more memories than they can count!

captain dude

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:55 am

username & number; lovage + 817593
    link to partner's form; Wolfumus
    name; eve
    gender; female
    prompt response; Image
Last edited by lovage on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:51 am

Postby Lucario » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:59 pm

A busy night for Lucielle. She had finally finished cleaning up the shop,
twenty minutes before close, before her neck began to sting.
She propped her brush against the shelves, before bringing a paw up to it, rubbing it for a moment.
She groaned quietly, before it began to get worse.

She had been born with a symbol upon her neck, a birth mark, as she would call it.
Many had told her that it reminded them of a yin-yang, although she could never differentiate
between the yin and the yang. Some joked that when she met her soulmate, they would have
the opposite sign. It was an idea that floated in her mind since she was a child, however,
she didn't truly believe that that would be the case. She didn't necessarily believe in soulmates either, for that matter.

The stinging only got worse, before the bell upon the door rang. "Just a moment!"
she called, having to take a seat to compose herself. Her mark had never stung before, she made a
mental note to search the internet for some sort of reason before she went home.
"Okay, how can I help you, ma'am?" she spoke, as she made her way
to the front of the store. The kalon that stood there took her by surprise, for a moment.
She was a beautiful color, and Lucielle would have been lying if she said that she wasn't awe-struck.
"I'm looking for some pain-relief" said the girl. Her voice was soft,
soothing in a way. Now, Lucielle had always been taught to ask why a customer needed pain-relief,
or any sort of medication for that matter. It had been a policy at the store for a while, and while
Luci didn't exactly agree with it - preferring to keep customer's business private - she asked out of habit.
"Can I ask what for?". She was already reaching for the medication before the other
Kalon spoke once more.

"You see, I've suddenly gotten this stinging pain on my neck, I don't quite understand it,
and I'm hoping that you'll have something to help"
"A stinging pain, you say? Well, you're in luck," began Luci, having already
considered what medication she would use for her own stinging pain. "I have
the same pain at the moment, I suppose-"
. The other Kalon cut her off as her back was turned.
"Oh, how peculiar. You seem to have the very same mark as myself. I've never seen
anybody with another"
The Kalon lifted her hair to show Lucielle the mark, and sure enough, it was the opposite of her own.

A soft chuckle left Lucielle's lips. "Oh, haha! You know, my friends at school used to
say that the person with the matching mark would be my soulmate"
she rambled, not noticing
that the other Kalon had fallen silent. "My friends used to say the same.... surely they
weren't all wrong?"

Lucielle found herself raising an eyebrow, considering it. "Maybe you're right.."

╔══════════════╗
    xxxusername & number;
    xxxxLucario || 756684
    xxxlink to partner's form;
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxxname;
    xxxxxxxx Lucielle
    xxxxxxxxxgender;
    xxxxxxxx Female
    ╚══════════════╝
Lucario

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:54 am

username & number; ThatPinkThing + 300398
    link to partner's form; aglassman's form
    name; Izzy
    gender; female (she/her)
    prompt response; [498/500 words]

The first day of school was always a busy one. Places to be, people to see. Izzy’s mind was full as she crossed the campus. Most of the other kids had made it to their classes now, and Izzy had her nose in her schedule as she turned the corner, knowing the school’s layout by heart since this was her third year here. Seeing as she wasn’t looking where she was going, she bumped right into another student. The collision shook her from her own little world and she hurried to help the other kalon pick up their books and pencils. “I’m so sorry! I wasn’t paying attention-“

“It’s alright,” the other answered softly, smiling to show Izzy they meant it. Izzy picked up a pencil bag and handed it back as the pair stood up. She tilted her head.

“Are you new here? I don’t think we’ve met before and I know, like, everyone.” Izzy giggled and the other kalon, a girl with pretty grey and pink fur nodded.

“I just moved to the area a few weeks ago.”

“Well welcome! You’ll be walking around here without having to look in no time. See you around- wait, what’s your name?”

“Kelly.”

“Kelly! I’m Izzy, nice to meet you. Have a good one!” Izzy waved over her shoulder as she headed off towards her first class, and Kelly smiled a little and waved back.

“Kelly!”

Kelly looked up and around, surprised to be addressed seeing as she was still the new girl. The soccer team was chatting before try-outs and Kelly had found herself stretching off to the side, nervous to approach the other girls who had clearly been playing together for a while. But Izzy was jogging across the pitch, waving enthusiastically.

“I didn’t know you liked soccer,” they said as Izzy set her stuff down and joined in the stretching. Izzy nodded.

“Been playing since I was in like third grade, what about you?”

“Same, actually,” Kelly replied.

Izzy perked up. “That’s awesome! I’m sure we’ll both make the team then!”

“Go Kelly go!” Izzy screamed from the sidelines, her heart racing. The clock was dangerously close to finishing, and Kelly was still a long way from the goal. They didn’t crack under the pressure though.

Izzy watched in awe and excitement as Kelly weaved through the defense, keeping the ball where she knew she’d be next at all times. The crowd roared as Kelly glanced at the clock before taking the shot. The seconds timed out right as the ball flew past the goalie’s fingertips and hit the net.

Izzy and the rest of the team flew from the bench to crowd and congratulate Kelly on the winning shot. Kelly was a bit overwhelmed at first, but smiled when Izzy lifted them up onto her shoulders so they could see the rest of the team’s smiles.

“You were incredible, Kel!” Izzy beamed up to look at her friend. Kelly giggled.

“You too, Iz!”
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpie! » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:55 am

thank you all so much for trying out for these kals, I really enjoyed reading your stories and seeing the artwork you came up with!! I'll be giving everyone with a completed entry from an honorable mention as listed below!

the winner of this kal is...

enderian
    and the winner of kalon 1923 is their partner, Potions-Master!

honorable mentions for kal 1922 go to:
    captain dude
    lovage
    Lucario
    ThatPinkThing
magpie!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:10 am

oh wow thank you so much ! ! ! i really appreciate it ^o^
thank you to potion-master for being such a great partner ! !

also ! ! everyone else who entered i loved ur entries they were so fun to read and ur art is awesom ^o^

Postby ThatPinkThing » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:51 pm

Congrats enderian and potions-master!!
x
x
x
x

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️