Re: Kalon #1845 - Eye of the Canyon

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:39 pm

Username + user ID:
Broccoli_Bento // 965616

Kalon name:
Braelynn

Prompt response:

Why was I born in a world that revolves around "love"?
    What does it mean to truly "love", if it's not to only harm those who believe in it?
    How can one just freely give their hearts to someone, just for them to shatter it with empty promises, lies and trickery?
    I did... I was the fool who let others in and turn my hopeful yearning heart into a pile of bittered ash.

As a child I thought that I would understand what it meant to be loved, but my tiny outstretched arms hung in deafening silence awaiting my parent's embrace...
    I thought that they would show the type of attention that reflected love like other families did, but I guess they saved me the trouble of finding later in life how painful it really is.
    Whenever they did try to express their "love" it was only to lie to my face, to hide things by distracting my heart with the words "I love you".
    Hugs were empty, gifts were bought not out of love but to "make me happy", compliments were not sincere, and they didn't even try to hide their arguments.
    I'm surprised they didn't divorce sooner...

When I was fifteen I attempted to give love another chance, and gave my already broken heart to someone I trusted.
    So how did they end up shattering it?
    Was it because I was pursuing a different type of love unknown to me, perhaps it was the idea of the existence of a romantic love, one I did not see between my parents?
    Whatever the reason, I was blind thinking that such a thing existed.
    For two years I went on hoping that the person I loved would love me like they did the first three months, but it was all just a facade.
    I fell for every trick in the book, I was so desperate to be "loved" that I let them break my heart over and over again.

I know that I am of the vast minority who see "love" for what it truly is, but that doesn't mean I only befriend those who believe the same as I do.
    I'm even friends with a girl who expresses her "love" for things, legit all the time.
    "I love this", "I love that", "I love you guys", all are just statements of like than of love, but she's a good friend.

I've opened up to dating again, but this time I'm not letting go of the dust that is the remains of my heart.
    I guess you could say I'm not "dating" rather I'm seeking a closer friendship that allows hand holding, hugs, and nose boops.
    His name is Lake Monroe.
    We were introduced by Jamie, and I trust her, so I decided to give him a chance.
    He's a nice guy who's shown me great patience and respect for my beliefs, and is considerate to not use "love" around me.

Oh, and don't get me started on Disney!

[499/500]

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqims]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloasiii » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:35 am

Hey guys, the deadline for this comp has been extended by 2 days by request! It now ends November 26th at cs rollover.

Ty to everyone that's entered so far! <3
Cloasiii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discontinued » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:06 pm

Username + user ID: Discontinued (145884)
    Kalon name: Zoey
    Prompt response: doesn't believe in hyperfocusing on what time is left
Discontinued

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amplify » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:07 pm

username [#user ID];; amplify [#426059]
kalon name;; nefertiti
prompt response;;

Glancing at the darkened sky,
my mind driftless, frozen as I
cannot find it in myself to believe
in the glowing moon high above me—sigh.

I know that it's there,
waiting, looming, beyond the bitter air,
but I find myself desperate for reprieve.
I will not fall here; not now, ne'er.

Not under its unnatural glow,
false hope, its found to bestow
upon people, so cruel as to deceive.
My heartbeat must stutter before it can slow.

Down to the bare bones,
I must strip this reality, tones
lowering under the light, cautious to grieve.
Mourning the veil exposed as a king enthrones.

The leader of the known,
never looking forward and never alone
to deal with the souls they aggrieve.
To feel at peace one must truly atone.

And how can any soul,
blinded by light, the moons role,
ever realize, ever hope to even conceive
the thought in their heads, under its control.

Glancing at the darkened sky,
my mind driftless, frozen as I
cannot find it in myself to believe
in the glowing moon high above me—sigh.

Notes wrote:
- she/her
- trades [open/closed]
- PMs [open/closed]
Interests wrote:
- art, music, reading
- marvel, dc ;; the hobbit, lotr ;; good omens
- naruto, fma, haikyuu, fairy tail
- d:bh, tloz, pokémon
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpicratesPictus » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:39 am

Username + user ID: Irrylath 884843
Kalon name: Collin, only referred to as Colon or :
Prompt response: I lean forward, pulling at my chains. “I don’t believe in revenge. That’s not to say that I don’t believe that after someone has been hurt, they possibly will go on to hurt others, or that being hurt will give us a bias against someone or something. I don’t believe that someone would intentionally go out of their way to harm a person who previously harmed them for the sole reason of getting back at them. I am of the opinion that there is other reasons behind so-called revenge than getting back at them by means of harm.” Pausing, I think back to how I ended up in here. “You may not remember the court case against me that put me in here, but for me, it was a turning point in my life. The governor of our jurisdiction had grown fearful of the trades and of magic. He declared that all places where those things were practiced must close for nine fortnights, and anyone caught practicing would be imprisoned. Apparently he had forgotten that his wife and children hadn’t died of hemophilia was a simple bit of magic that had to be renewed every nine weeks, or half the time that we were told to not practice. Either that, or he had grown to desire a different woman more. When the ninth week was up, I grew worried, and came to renew the magic. I was turned away. By the end of the next fortnight, his wife and all his kids were dead. I was called in alongside my family, and was told that in exchange for the lives of his family, he would be taking mine as his own, I was to be imprisoned, and my true name would be struck from the records. It’s been eight years, and all I’ve done since is provide protection for him, his jurisdiction, and the people in it.”
EpicratesPictus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloasiii » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:46 pm

results !!

Apologies for the delay in judging! I appreciate everyone's patience; this comp was exceptionally hard to judge, and if I was allowed I would definitely pick 4 or 5 winners LOL.

Firstly, I'm awarding HMs to:

Kyar #320861
    Sobble #918599
    ford #916502
    plantfood #428547
    ~Arokai*Rokujo~ #328442

I loved the creativity and storytelling in each of your entries -- you've all imagined very unique and fascinating characters/stories that I genuinely hope you reintegrate your ideas into other works.

The winner of this kal is deerbroken #641378!
Of all the entries, for one reason or another yours was one of the few that stayed in my mind even when I was going about doing random things during the day. The personality of Jasper is charming and entertaining, and he seems to have had a number of interesting experiences over his life so far. I'm excited to see what the future holds for someone like Jasper, and the types of individuals that he might surround himself with!

Since Jasper doesn't believe in death, I cannot resist offering a RU kal to Calibri #927415 for their entry about Delphine, who doesn't believe in ghosts!

Calibri, your concept takes a very different approach to a similar aversion to death, and I'm in love with the perspective you chose to write from while explaining Delphine's predicament. The history and motivations that Delphine has, and how she might learn to cope, are beautifully set-up in your writing. I will post a RU based on your entry within the next day or two!
Cloasiii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1845 - Eye of the Canyon [RESULTS UP]

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Huge congratulations! :)

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqims]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deerbroken » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:43 pm

adkjfh thank u im,,,, crying,,,,, congrats to calibri and to all the hm winners as well! i can't wait to see what you do with the RU design!
deerbroken

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:32 pm

congrats deer!! I read through a good portion of entries and yours really stuck with me — I really look forward to seeing this kal around ;D

and thankyou for the hm clo!
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ford » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:34 pm

thank you so much for the hm!! congrats to deerbroken and calibri for the ru!!

ford ☆ he/they
thkalspfp
ford

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me