Re: Deerssert #327

Postby apprentice_ » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:00 pm

Username;; rainichi
    Deer Name;; misa
    Art/Writing;;

like an old memory, recovered from the dust and beginning to dance in front of the mind’s eye. a wistful feeling, like she's anywhere else. a scent that carries strange nostalgia, that whisks them into a time passed.

well, many things bring misa to remember old events, old conversations, old feelings. but there’s something to the smell of a book that brings misa to recall only the best of times. perhaps the reason isn’t all that mysterious- her father, an avid librarian, always finding new and unusual stories to bring home to misa. every night she’d hear another, just before falling asleep.

she had her favorites though, specific tales that she made her dad read her over and over and over again, countless times and still she’d never grow tired of them. maybe they would have grown boring, if her dad hadn’t been there to act them out and put such life into them.

now, she hadn’t heard one of his infamous reenactments in a while.

even so, his voice so clearly rang in misa’s head, and whenever she flipped open a book its words sang to her. she liked to try to put on voices like he used to. she liked to imagine the scenes just as she did when she was little. so vivid and real, like she was almost there.

but the smell of a book, or even the story within, that’s not specifically the part that misa enjoys the most. it’s not even quite the book, really, or the memories. actually, it could be a combination of those things, but more so, it’s the act of collecting stories. traveling from town to town, land to land, receiving both tales old and new.

in the form of a book, of course, or an ancient scroll, or even local folklore that’s never been committed to paper. misa collects a story in any form, and then she’ll be off to find the next. she’ll share the stories she’s heard or read to children she passes by, or if she ever finds herself with too many books, she’ll pass them onto the nearest library. though, most of the books- or otherwise- that come into her possession ultimately end up in the care of one library in particular:

the one her dad used to own, so he’ll never run out of stories to tell no matter where he is.
    [398/400]

im chi | they/them | spicy & undead
──────────────────────
links artshop
fern lyn
──────────────────────

apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Insaniity » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Closed for judging
Insaniity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Insaniity » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:53 pm

First of all, I would like to announce the RU winner, rainchichi. Your writing really said a lot with only a small amount of words and it was absolutely lovely!

And now...

Congratulations to AlleyBalley! I loved the atmosphere in your artwork that you created with the background and lighting!

Thank you all for entering, there were so many good entries and I had the help of some of our staff to pick a winner. Keep an eye out for our upcoming event if you are still looking for a deerssert to call your own!
Insaniity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apprentice_ » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:01 pm

swea ts tha n k you for the ru oml

congrats alleyballey !!
apprentice_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AlleyBalley » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Aah, thank you so much!
Commissions OPEN (Tumblr) (Deviantart)
Tumblr| Minecraft askblog (Tumblr) (Twitter)
Deviantart| Twitch| Youtube| Patreon
AlleyBalley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:00 pm

{Congrats to you both! <3}