Range Trotter #1010 by little_light

Based on Click to view
Artist little_light [gallery]
Time spent 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #1010

Postby little_light » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:49 pm

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

for this spooky trotter, write a snippet of how they celebrate halloween! (300 words max)
End Date: 10/15/2021

Username: Mister Hollow
Show Name: Candybar Creepshow
Barn Name: Candy
Height: 13hh

Eye Color: harvest moon
Phenotype: flaxen black chestnut colobus monkey tovero (tobiano + overo)
Genotype: ee/aa/ff/CmCm/Toto/Oo
Last edited by little_light on Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

𝚒 𝚗 𝚏 𝚒 𝚗 𝚒 𝚝 𝚎xx𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙳
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

|| fr || sig ||
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
hello! im little_light, feel free
to call me light.
rest in peace
lance reddick
may the light guide you
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙴, 𝙻𝙸𝚃𝚃𝙻𝙴 𝙻𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃.
𝚆𝙴 𝙷𝙰𝚅𝙴
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
interests include ;; destiny,
transformers, nier, skyrim,
reading, art, video gaming
~ warlock main ~
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

little_light

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #1010

Postby ivyy. » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:20 am

Username: bunnoblizzard
Show Name: BV's Spooky Scary Skeletons
Barn Name: Opie
Height: 14.1hh
Halter Color: same as eyes w/ dark brown accents <3
Prompt:
Opie's barn invites a famous chef to cook horse friendly treats!

Opie, like most horses, is extremely food motivated and loves to eat and try new things when it comes to food! Annually, for Halloween especially, as it's the best time for spooky-themed sweet treats. The barn will invite a famous chef or two and make a competition out of designing and creating the best pony snacks and whatever is leftover or made, will eventually be taste-tested by the horses to see which chef wins that specific competition. Usually, they make a large amount, enough to saving for later in the year.

The horses and chefs aren't the only ones involved. Every time, they also have a round or two extra after the chefs have their three rounds of hard work. The first extra round is free of charge and for the little kids, the age range being from four to twelve. The last round does cost a bit of money as they would need some supplies for the horses and materials and such but it's for ages thirteen to however old you are!

In conclusion, this is how Opie, his friends, and his barn end up celebrating the best season of all, spooky season.

[206 words]
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werepickle » Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:57 am

Username: werepickle
Show Name: Spooky Skeleton
Barn Name: Bones
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: White
Prompt: Bones loves to spend Halloween by being drapped with spooky lights and eerie decorations. He helps by pulling a cart that takes visitors on a cart through the spooky forest tours When he isnt busy pulling a cart he is walking around the fairgrounds receiving pats and treats by all the fairgoers. He loves to go over to the bobbing apples and tries to pluck an apple out for himself.
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:10 am

Username: Mister Hollow
Halter Color: Matching with eye color please! <3
Prompt: Candy celebrates Halloween by helping her humans celebrate Halloween! Her facial marking is too perfect to pass up for any Halloween-enthusiast (such as myself) and upon seeing this Trotter I had the perfect Halloween costume in mind... I was to be the Grim Reaper this year for Halloween, with my skeleton steed as my mount! I spent months putting together the perfect costume and hand-making my own reaping scythe, which ended up standing about six feet tall from the bottom of the staff all the way to the top of the blade.
I tested this with photos and videos a few nights ago and I have to say that I'm very pleased with the results! After sundown, it gets mostly too dark to make out anything on her head other than the skull-like markings, and we make for quite an intimidating pair, if I do say so myself. I can't wait to try this out for real on Halloween night and see if I can spook anybody!
Candy has been so patient, kind, and understanding throughout the whole outfitting procedure and trial and error of me trying to figure out how to ride her while also holding the weapon I have crafted, I couldn't ask for a sweeter horse to make my favorite holiday perfect. I'm very fortunate that she's so patient and seems to understand how much this holiday means to me!
(233 words)

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberrymwilk » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:16 am

Username: Strawberrymwilk
Show Name: Blair Witch Project
Barn Name: Blair
Height: 14.2 hh
Halter Color: bright orange
Prompt:
Every year Blair and other horses from her barn ride in a Halloween trail ride! The horses and the riders alike get in costume, more often than not is Blair a skeleton, and ride through the woods. It's a race against other teams as they work to solve riddles. Blair couldn't imagine spending her Halloween any other way. Whats better than being surrounded by your friends, both human and horse, and getting to run through the woods?

┌───────┐
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
└───────┘
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:25 am

Username: Furrydogs12
Show Name: The Ghost who Haunts At Midnight
Barn Name: Ghost
Height: 14.2 hh
Halter Color: Artists choice
Prompt:
Ghost loves the spirit of Halloween! He enjoys hiding and when his pasture mates come to find him, he scares them! He loves the reactions they give, they are all quite funny. Some get irritated at him, but it doesn’t last long. The stallion also loves dressing up! He doesn’t like to be the same thing every Halloween, so each Halloween he has to be dressed as something he’s never been before. His favorite activity though, has to be the trick or treating. He loves to compete with his friends and see who gets the most candy. He also likes to steal some from the humans when their backs are turned. He gets scolded but it with no malice behind it. He also sometimes gets fed more! (127 words)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
@linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:32 am

Username: ►Athena◄ 
Show Name: ORT Lost in the Maze
Barn Name: Scarecrow
Height: 15.1hh
Halter Color: Light Yellow
Prompt: Scarecrow is terrified of Halloween horror, and spends his holiday with much safer activities like corn mazes and bobbing for apples!
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby little_light » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:45 am

Mister Hollow wrote:Username: Mister Hollow
Halter Color: Matching with eye color please! <3
Prompt: Candy celebrates Halloween by helping her humans celebrate Halloween! Her facial marking is too perfect to pass up for any Halloween-enthusiast (such as myself) and upon seeing this Trotter I had the perfect Halloween costume in mind... I was to be the Grim Reaper this year for Halloween, with my skeleton steed as my mount! I spent months putting together the perfect costume and hand-making my own reaping scythe, which ended up standing about six feet tall from the bottom of the staff all the way to the top of the blade.
I tested this with photos and videos a few nights ago and I have to say that I'm very pleased with the results! After sundown, it gets mostly too dark to make out anything on her head other than the skull-like markings, and we make for quite an intimidating pair, if I do say so myself. I can't wait to try this out for real on Halloween night and see if I can spook anybody!
Candy has been so patient, kind, and understanding throughout the whole outfitting procedure and trial and error of me trying to figure out how to ride her while also holding the weapon I have crafted, I couldn't ask for a sweeter horse to make my favorite holiday perfect. I'm very fortunate that she's so patient and seems to understand how much this holiday means to me!
(233 words)

It was hard to choose, but I loved this entry! Congrats Hollow, I want to award an HM to BunnoBlizzard as well <3
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

𝚒 𝚗 𝚏 𝚒 𝚗 𝚒 𝚝 𝚎xx𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚎
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙰𝙻𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚃𝙸𝙼𝙴 𝙸𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙾𝚁𝙻𝙳
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆

|| fr || sig ||
━ ━━ ━ ━━ ━
hello! im little_light, feel free
to call me light.
rest in peace
lance reddick