Based on Click to view
Artist SerenWish [gallery]
Time spent 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CWHR: The Werewolf

Postby SerenWish » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:39 am

Awwwwwoooooooooooo!
What's that?! Are those paws clambering through the brush, or hooves? Was that a snort or a growl? Uh-oh!

So, this is the adopt who screwed up my layers! And....is it worth it? .....no idea. XD I tried. There's a few things I may tweak, just as a warning (the lines on the legs, they look odd, but I may fix them.)

So, just a heads up, before you all get excited: The companion is NOT A WOLF. Nor it is a "wolfdog". While all dogs are relatives of wolves, this dog is removed from its wolven ancestors by a good few generations. He/she merely looks wolfish.

The horse, meanwhile, is a fuzzy silver one, with a (faux) wolf pet tied to its back, a wolf-themed piece of armor, and a super fluffy mane- a throwback to its heritage! For this adopt, I will be testing your knowledge, research skills, and creativity!

To win them, fill out the form. (Remove all the instructions in parentheses!)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[u]Horse[/u]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Barn Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] (YES, I am letting you choose gender. However, you must explain why you choose this gender in the 'reasons" section)
[b]Breed:[/b] (Make sure to explain your reasoning behind it in the section below!)
[b]Height:[/b] 14.3 hands
[b]Color:[/b] Silver Dapple Black
[b]Markings:[/b] N/A

[u]Dog[/u]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b] (Again, you must explain below!)
[b]Breed:[/b] (See above)
[b]Color:[/b]

[b]Reasons behind Choices:[/b]
[b]Personality (Horse/Dog):[/b]
[b]Name items that are lethal/toxic to werewolves in mythology:[/b]
[b]Show me a wolf gif:[/b] (Show a Twilight gif.... I dare you.... You won't win the form. XD)

Extras/Edits are allowed, but make sure you fill everything out here!

Oh....yeah...one thing.... make the dog a Siberian Husky/Siberian Husky cross and I'll automatically ignore your form. ^__^ Be creative! Pick an unusual breed that fits the color and looks of the dog!

End Date: October 20th
Last edited by SerenWish on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SerenWish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CWHR: The Werewolf

Postby resolution » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:13 am

Username: resolution

Horse
Show Name: Running with the Pack
Barn Name: Wolf
Breed: Rocky Moutain Horse
Height: 14.3 hands
Color: Silver Dapple Black
Markings: N/A

Dog
Name: Coyote
Breed: Tamaskan
Color: Sable

Reasons behind Choices:
Horse
gender: I chose to make the horse a mare because even though she greatly resembles most people's image of a wild, rugged stallion, I think that she'd actually look rather feminine under all of that mane, tail and costume.
breed: I was actually going to choose something like an Irish Draught for this horse, but when I saw the height, I had to do a breed that fit that description a bit better. Through a bit of research, however, the Rocky Mountain Horse ended up fitting best.
Dog
gender: In my experience of introducing other animals to each other, I've found that two male horses get along better together than two female horses do, and a mare and gelding also have less problems. So, following this format, Coyote ended up being a male.
breed: I'm not going to lie, I had to search for some appropriate dog breeds that resembled wolves. There were varied answers, with the Siberian Husky being many of them, but the Tamaskan stuck out to me. I had never heard of them before, but they really do look like wolves!
Personality:
Horse
Wolf is very timid. There are very few horses that she'll allow to get within ten feet of her, and none that she'll ever talk to. She's a bit more accepting of humans, as long as they don't touch her "armor" and cape! She only lets herself get close to a handful of people though, usually around two or three at a time. She also goes through phases with the people she trusts. For example, she may be snuggling up to you one week, but the next she won't let you put a halter over her head. However, the barn-hand she lunged at three days ago can easily do that same task.
Dog
Coyote is just about Wolf's opposite. Loud, obnoxious, over-trusting, care-free, whatever you want to call it. She's the dog that everyone at the barn yells at to pipe down when a new person walks through the door and the pet that has to be fetched from the inside of that same person's car. She's very friendly, though, and loves attention from everybody and anybody.
Name items that are lethal/toxic to werewolves in mythology: Silver items, primarily silver bullets, and herbs similar to Wolf's Bane
Show me a wolf gif: Image
Last edited by resolution on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    dahyun. and I are siblings, I am giving what is left of this account to her ^^;;

free pets & items
resolution

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sapphirespirit » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:43 am

Reserve - fangirls- I love thissssss

Username:sapphirespirit
Horse
Show Name:A Walk in the Wood
Barn Name:Bane
Breed: Comtois Draft Horse (maybe a wip...)

Dog
Name:Arthur
Breed: Utonagan
Color: sable? Chestnut?

Reasons behind Choices:
Horse:
mare: because there are far too few female 'werewolves' out there, and Lemme tell you- girls can be just as...lethal and alluring.. as men can.
Name:Well..bane from Wolfsbane, and A walk in the Wood just sounds.. both elegant and spooky all at once.
Breed: Comtois because the height- color- and fuzziness add up .(I may change this though..)
Dog:
Male: because girls don't exactly get along together for long periods of time- I've learned that from experience. It's far more likely the companion to be a male than a female.
Name: I've always wanted a dog Named Arthur, so here's my chance xD
Breed:Utonagan
I was torn between the Canadian Eskimo dog, AND the Finnish Lapphund , but their curly tail threw me off (Granted the Utonagan's tail curls too i believe..). this fits the looks better in my eyes.

Personality (Horse/Dog):
Horse- Bane is fiery and independent. She is extremely aggressive- she's ready to fight at the drop of a hat. She isn't particularly a loving horse- but she is loyal. She's a bit withdrawn and solemn the majority of the time.
Dog: Arthur makes up personality wise what Bane.lacks. he's energetic and spunky , and he's all around loving. Granted he is extremely protective over Bane and those he holds loyal- and can go from.cute and cuddly to fierce and lethal in a matter of seconds.
Name items that are lethal/toxic to werewolves in mythology:Silver(Duh) In the forms of bullets or stakes , Aconitum (Wolfsbane, monkshood) , Mercury (Quicksilver), some stories say that holy/blessed objects, Some stories also say that a stake to the heart and beheading is only the sure fire way to kill a werewolf.
Show me a wolf gif:

Extra: Art:Click
Last edited by sapphirespirit on Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
S.apphire S.pirit
My Species:
Sanctum In The Swamplands ,Sapphy's Carousel Menagerie
Silverbell Ranch Cattle Adopt, Eletoo,Aduiri
Seeking Stamps for my adoptables! Pm if interested.
I'm an artist at these adoptables:
Cottonwood Wild Horse Ranch
Siberian River Hounds
Northern Norbreds

Seeking Art for my Fursona! Please PM me if interested!

My Cottonwood Horses (huge wip)
My VOKs
My SITS Herds
My Senegal Hounds and Siberian River Hounds
My Senegal Zebras
sapphirespirit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BluebonnetBree » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:00 am

Username:
Mother~of~Dragons

Show Name: Lycan's Bane
Barn Name: Lucian
Breed: Gypsy Vanner

Name: Sonja
Breed: Utonagan
Color: Red Sable

Reasons behind Choices:
Horse:
Breed - After changing the breed twice now I've finally settled on one I really liked. Finding "fuzzy" horse breeds the was hard part until I just started looking for silver dapple black horses and found an Irish Cob, but looking further into the breed the most common name was Gypsy Vanner. The other names for the breed are: Cob, Coloured Cob, Gypsy Cob, Gypsy horse, Irish Cob, and Tinker Horse.
Gender - Well a mare sounded like the obvious choice so I decided to wander outside the box and I chose a stallion...plus I just need more stallions in my herd as I only have like four and twice that in mares.

Dog:
Breed - A lot of the breeds I had hoped to choose all had wolf or wolf-dog content in their blood so this one was kind of tough but in the end I went with the Utonagan, which look closely related to wolves but have no wolf blood.
Gender - Well someone had to keep Lucian in check and it sure wasn't going to be a guy.

Personality:
Horse: Lucian is very loyal and but he can be a bit testing or stubborn at times. He's protective and watchful...maybe a little too watchful sometimes. He loves to pester you and will follow you around for hours until he eventually gets bored and wanders off. Very rarely does he listen to rules and he loves to check his riders for weaknesses. He's never thrown anyone but he does buck and rear from time to time but in his head its only playing. His unusual relationship with Sonja causes many people to question the safety of everyone around him. He's often teased by many horses and it causes him to lash out with anger and then he gets in trouble. He doesn't do well with being told what to do and pushing him to do it only makes him ignore you even more.

Dog: Sonja is the one who keeps Lucian under control when he's about to do something they might both regret, she's also the one who helps him out of any sticky situations. She wouldn't let on my she need Lucian more than he knows. She's always been untrusting towards humans, because spending the first years of your puppyhood abused would change anyone. She hates other horses and will often snap at them or chase them away, which might be an issue of her jealously towards anyone who talks to Lucian that isn't her. Just like Lucian tho she doesn't liked to be pushed around and when she's had enough of him or anyone else she'll just wander off and be gone for a few hours to a few days. Just pay attention to her mood and you might have a chance at not being snapped at.

Name items that are lethal/toxic to werewolves in mythology: Silver bullets (or rather anything silver and sharp would do), wolfsbane, rye and mistletoe were also thought to keep werewolves away. Living under mountain ash was thought to keep werewolves away but that method has been brushed off as an old myth. The most lethal way was to remove the head and heart of a werewolf in human form only as to go face to face with a fully shifted werewolf was said to be suicide.
Show me a wolf gif:
Last edited by BluebonnetBree on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:38 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hello! Please call me Bree <3
I'm always available to talk if you need to!
She/Her pronouns
I'm an artist for Range Trotters & Lone Bashkir Curlys please check them out!
ImageImage
Bluebonnet Creek Ranch
^My current stable page^
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrows » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:42 am

Congrats to winners! <33
Last edited by Arrows on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
by serBronn

isleen
caswallon
my chwr horses

I <3 my horse Indigo
ℓ ι ν є у σ υ η g. ℓ ι ν є ƒ я є є. ℓ ι ν є ƒ є α я ℓ є ѕ ѕ.

My Kiamara, Odysseus. Click the picture to the right to see information & all art for Odysseus!

by Niluna
Arrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Arrow » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:56 am

Username: 221B Baker Street
Horse
Show Name: Heart of Stone and Soul of Fire
Barn Name: Spark
Breed: Morgan Horse

Dog
Name: Raex (Pronounced ray-x as in rakes)
Breed: Irish Wolfhound
Color: Sable

Reasons behind Choices:
Horse Gender: This one is rather simple, I thought it looked male, and felt stubborn, so chose female.
Horse Breed: Morgan horses can be silver dapple black, and I first learned to ride on one. They hold a special place in my heart, and I thought this girl would be worthy of the title. The can be rather small, and get moderately shaggy in the winter.
Dog Gender: I chose male, simply because he looks rather male in the face and chest, and I liked the male name I came up with more than the female.
Dog Breed: I chose Irish wolfhound because Wolfhounds have the shaggy, rugged coat I see in Raex and his size is rather large, like Wolfhounds.
Personality (Horse/Dog):
Name items that are lethal/toxic to werewolves in mythology: The most common is wolfsbane, but silver bullets work just as well.
Show me a wolf gif: http://media.tumblr.com/b222e2c4fbd5fd9 ... qz4rgp.gif
Huge wip
Last edited by .Arrow on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
.Arrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby noreptiles_ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:32 am

Dropping out due to not having enough time to finish, and loosing connection.
Good luck everyone!
Last edited by noreptiles_ on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
noreptiles_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby orse » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:05 am

Username:
Horse
Show Name:
Barn Name:
Gender: (YES, I am letting you choose gender. However, you must explain why you choose this gender in the 'reasons" section)
Breed: (Make sure to explain your reasoning behind it in the section below!)

Dog
Name:
Breed: (See above)
Color:

Reasons behind Choices:
Personality (Horse/Dog):
Name items that are lethal/toxic to werewolves in mythology:
Show me a wolf gif: (Show a Twilight gif.... I dare you.... You won't win the form. XD)
orse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gallivant » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:11 am

Horse Basics wrote:Sнσω Ɲαмє: Jαєgєя σf ωσƖνєѕ [нυηтєя σf ωσƖνєѕ]
Ɓαяη Ɲαмє:Ƭнєяση [нυηтєя - Ɠяєєк]
Ɠєηɗєя:SтαƖƖιση
Ƭуρє (ωιƖƖ вє єxρƖαιηєɗ ιη яєαѕση): Ƈσυяѕєя
Ɓяєєɗ: ƇαяσƖιηα Mαяѕн Ƭαcку
Hєιgнт: 14.3 нαηɗѕ
ƇσƖσя: SιƖνєя ƊαρρƖє ƁƖαcк
Mαякιηgѕ: Ɲ/A
Dog Basics wrote:Ɲαмє: Titan
Ɠєηɗєя: Male
Uѕє: Grey wolf hunting
Ɓяєєɗ: Irish Wolfhound X Airedale Terrier
Ƥєɗιgяєє: Purebred
Hєιgнт: 87 cm
ƇσƖσя:
Mαякιηgѕ: Ɲ/A

Reasons behind Choices:
Personality (Horse/Dog):
Name items that are lethal/toxic to werewolves in mythology:
Show me a wolf gif:
[img]http://cdn.arwrath.com/1/113915.gif[/img

Here is my idea, so please don't take,His favorite Halloween story is: there was a knight in the medieval era and loved wolf hunting. One day he was bitten by one and became a werehorse, on the full mom he transforms.
Last edited by gallivant on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:55 am, edited 4 times in total.
gallivant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lichenfeather » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:41 pm

WIP, just jotting down ideas
Username: Lichenfeather
Horse
Show Name:
Barn Name:

Dog
Name:
Color:

Reasons behind Choices:
Personality (Horse/Dog):
Name items that are lethal/toxic to werewolves in mythology: Silver, wolfsbane (monkshod)
Show me a wolf gif:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ʀɪᴅ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdeviantart | she/they

lichenfeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me