Re: Orphan Batch #28 -- Peachy Keen

Postby Svetigris » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:25 am

username & ID number: Svetigris #913556
name: Nadezhda
prompt:

"What have i loved my entire life?"

- Thought Nadezhda, holding a small ceramic pot, with a sapling. The little plant looked weak, protruding from earth, but for Nadezhda, it was the most valuable thing on Earth. Even if the Sapling didn't look like huge, tall trees made of brick and steel - those being houses. Even if the air was bad, she still tried to keep the little plant alive, watering the sapling by any means possible. It is probably the last real plant - nowadays you can get everything artificial. Even sheep - they only need your batteries for being sustained. Artificial plants exist too - some with fruits, but the latter is not edible at all - you wouldn't eat plastic.

"My mother had many plants... This one was supposed to be... a peach tree!"

She held on tight to the pot, as if hugging it. She ran with it, always to a different place to sleep. Nadezhda wasn't a citizen of Newjoy, thus that's the only thing she could do. Sometimes she spoke to the small sapling, as if trying to boost it's mood, to motivate it to grow. The small tree was the only vestige left of her caring mother, thus she kept it with all that she can, and gave a promise that she won't let this plant succumb to the void. And thus Nadezhda always keeps the sapling, repairing the damages on the old ceramic pot using only bandaids.

She climbed up to the abandoned skyscraper - that was certainly, no longer needed for the ever-expanding city. It had a beautiful view of the latter, so Nadezhda didn't worry about this at all - in fact, it was the least of her worries. Using an old piece of fabric, she covered herself up, and held on to the pot, wishing good-night to a small seedling.
Nadezhda saw many trees. As if the world has flourished once again. She giggled, taking off her dreaded gas-mask she always wore, and ran through the endless woods. It was sunny, but not very hot. As she ran, she found a valley covered by pines, as if they were bowing down before something. Suddenly, she found a large tree, that had many peaches on it. She gasped.

"Peachy?"

She ran to the big tree, and hugged it, laughing. Happy tears steamed down her face. She did it. She finally found a place for her friend. She just laid there in the shade of the big tree, enjoying the scent of fresh grass and a fragance of peach flowers. Nature flourishes. Peace has come once again. It was her biggest dream ever...
The morning sun's golden rays shone down upon Nadezhda. She picked herself up, checking up on the sapling.

"You ready for another day?"
- She asked to the small plant, cuddling it. She tied the fabric to herself and to the plant and secured it. A brand new day has come - so they must find refuge, water and food.

"Let's Go!" - And she ran once again.
(500/500)
Last edited by Svetigris on Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svetigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewy Feathers » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:47 am

Mark!
Dewy Feathers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:33 pm

Imageusername & ID number:Image
Rosemoon & 941592
Imagename:Image
Peach Cream
Imageprompt:Image
Peach grew up on a farm with an orchard of miscellaneous fruits as far as the eye can see. He tried as much as he could to help maintain this orchard since his parents passed, but living on a farm on the mountainside in the middle of nowhere has it's disadvantages. He's endured harsh weathers that no child should have to go through alone, he's gone through mind numbing illnesses that rendered him bed bound, he's dealt with the occasional tourist attempting to steal his harvests. Nothing would ever have gotten done if it wasn't for his most prized possession.
One summer when he was a baby in his mother's arms, he had met a kind old fisherman out in the forest by the lake. He said he was a shaman of the woods, and that he would give Peach a totem to protect him against all bad will that could come his way. Now, Peach was not a superstitious child and didn't believe the totem would actually protect him, but he loved it anyways. This totem was a small stuffed rabbit, fur as white as snow and ears filled with gray stars. He named it Bun Bun. Bun Bun was his lucky charm from then on out. Peach never went anywhere without her, and always had her stuffed in his jean overall pocket. She got dirty, he cleaned her up lickity split, fur never keeping a stain or growing ragged. She got lost, Peach would spend as much time as he could finding her, but she was never gone for long.
Peach was obsessed with Bun Bun. He had loved this stuffed animal his entire life and would do anything to protect her, as she did him... even if he didn't believe it. The only reason why he's alive today is because of that totem. It was infused with a deep rooted forest magic of good luck. The old shaman knew he would need it. Peach still never believed in superstition or magic. Just pure luck. But Bun Bun was his best charm, and he'd never give her up.

Pixel Credit
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HoneyLavender࿐ » Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:46 am

username & ID number: AngelDoll + 869663
name: Momoko
prompt:

She is a wraith,
A phantom of the opera
Lurking between
Wooden boards
And carefully planned sets
Of lace and passion.

She moves too fast to be held down by something as meager as human sight. A true swan, they would call her. She is Odette's envy. A shadow draped in Odile's guile.

She paints grand jetés across sweat tinged air and composes her own music with every click her shoes create. The White Swan kisses her wings and blesses her flight across the lake of cherubim teardrops.

Croise devant!
She seeks pause from flight, and in the lacuna that fills onlookers with a requisite for more, she lets a tear fall.

She has been dancing with darkness all her life. She is not the swan queen, never was. The dark facsimile is her true self, a figure around which legends are wrapped, warped and twisted.

Odile holds hegemony over her music, and Von Rothbart, the man who clipped her wings, is her puppeteer. She is a pet, nothing but a tool, a seducer, a trickster.

Phobos is her father. But the way she pulled blackness and weaved her porcelain fingers around it in a plié of illusion, you'd think she was darkness herself.

Her variation comes on and Odile steps into the spotlight. Allure pulls her leg back and the black swan lifts her chin.

Pointe!
She pulls up her weaknesses, presses it ramrod straight against her bowed back, and reaches, shoulder blades rippling like smooth honey.

How could one be so Celeste, an angel from the heavens, yet such an incubus born at the hands of Erebus? She is ethereal, a maiden borne of angel tears and caliginous glares.

Cabriole!
With every move, so elegant and divine, she sings a story of deceit and allure slathered in saccharine and presented in a platter of grace.

Sharpness and precision lines her veins as she chants her spells, and you will find yourself unable to break free.

She is ruination, fingers constantly dipping into the fabric of nothingness.

Pirouette!

The danseuse spins around in the hands of the damned. This is her Pas des Deux, her duet with the void.

She takes her last step and she falls. Into the shadows where they welcome her home.

This is the
Final act.

Momoko feels her cheeks warm intensely under the gaze of hundreds of speechless people, she then hears a deafening applause before she walks offstage. Ballet, she decided was her lifelong love.

[412/500 words]

████████ Image

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Non-Binary - They/Them - Europe
Kalons - BM's - 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙#5098 - ©
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HoneyLavender࿐

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:14 am

username & ID number: Ucanthandleme + 809102
name: Ume
prompt:
Warmth. A warm hand holding mine, large and rough, yet so secure it made me feel. A gentle crooning of a mother's voice in my ear and the large embrace of my father's arms. Happiness. Where the world seemed so warm and bright.

I could capture it. Long straw covering a field, wildflowers sprouting from the earth. In the middle danced my mother a flower crown atop her head. An ugly crown it was but my mother had a smile on her face nevertheless. I dashed towards her as her skirt swayed with each tap of her foot. Round and round she twirled and when I finally caught up she grasped my hands and twirled me too. Floating, me and the skirt went up and down.

Then from behind large hands grasped me tight lifting me into the air for a moment I was airborne before landing on strong sturdy shoulders.  My father, dancing with us between the straw and wildflowers while humming a tune. High and low his voice went, I tried too to match the tune but my child humming could not match the strength of his own. But no matter, I hummed anyway to the tune of my father's voice.

A moment, we sat on the beach watching the sun go down. The sky blended into different colours as the earth went to sleep. The laughter of my father and mother as a large wave hit splashing on our toes and wetting the bottom of our feet. My mother would show me all sorts of different coloured and different shaped shells and my father would splash salty sea water at us while laughing aloud.

A picnic blanket lay on the sand and my mother would call my father and I to join her. Ugly cupcakes were pulled from a wicker basket, they were the cupcakes I had made early today leaving a mess of flour and eggs all over the kitchen. Despite their ugly appearance they were nice and sweet, though my father might have got a bit of eggshell in his. Nevertheless he ate it with gusto, saying it was the best cupcake he had ever had, I thought so too.

So beautiful these moments were, how many moments were. Each experience, each dance, each song, each word, each hug, each laugh, all of it I loved. That was the thing I had loved my entire life, the creation of a memory.

(406/500)

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolarSam » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:59 am

username & ID number: SolarSam, 836917
name: Naomi
prompt: (keeping bugs as pets, 499 words)

3 years ago

Naomi was crouched low in the grass, carefully surveying her surroundings.
There, again: a flash of green, a stalk gently swaying back and forth.
Her ears flicked, she hesitated a moment, then pounced, and - success!

Triumphantly, she jumped up from the ground, a grasshopper carefully held in her paws.
She grinned at it and proceeded to run from the garden back into the house, skipping intermittently.

Once inside her room, Naomi gently deposited the grasshopper into a jar, already filled with dirt, pebbles and various plants.
Then, she placed it onto her shelf, right next to another container - this one held a ladybug she had caught a few days prior. It's name was spots.

While she was thinking of what to name her newest bug friend, she went out into the yard again, this time to collect aphids for spot to eat. She had read in a magazine somewhere that ladybugs particularly enjoyed those.

Armed with a pair of scissors, she cut off a couple of leaves, teaming with small black dots all over.
Her mom didn't mind her trimming the plants, as long as she was careful to only take the parts with aphids on them.

Her mom didn't like aphids much. Naomi didn't really understand why - they made spots happy, and you did'nt have to pay for them like for other pet food, so surely they couldn't be so bad?

Amidst this new train of thought, she completely forgot about her original plan to come up with a name for the grasshopper.

present day

Naomi held up two pieces of wood, one in each paw, humming thoughtfully. She turned one over slowly, squinting at it for a few seconds, before spinning around in her chair to face her shelf.

On it sat a small jar; inside was a large beetle, currently munching on a piece of fruit.

"Dot, what do you think?" Naomi held the two wood pieces up to the beetle. It kept chewing on the fruit quietly.

"You're right, that one is better!" She tossed one of the wood pieces aside, carefully placing the other into a terrarium occupying most of the space on her desk.

"Almost done! Just some finishing touches..." She reached into the enclosure, adjusting some of the foliage inside, before turning on a small light hanging from one of the walls.

"There!" Naomi jumped up from her chair and rushed to the other side of the room to admire her work, a proud grin on her face.

Then, she gently took Dot out of the jar - along with the fruit, because it refused to let go of it - and gently placed it in the terrarium.

"Enjoy your new home, buddy!" Dot, after adjusting for a few seconds, dragged it's bit of fruit behind the piece of wood with great effort, then continued to eat it slowly.

Naomi giggled. "I guess you like it!" She paused. "You know... it is pretty big, maybe I should get you a friend?"

art credit: https://folksy.com/items/7613333-Cat-in ... -cut-print
SolarSam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rabbit... » Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:19 am

username & ID number: rabbit... + 45716
    name: Muxi - Osmanthus flowers
    prompt:
    The earliest memory Muxi has was not a bright light, not her mother’s heartbeat, but her grandmother singing softly under an equally grand tree. The notes of the song have been lost to time but she will remember the warmth of that day.

Even if she feels like she has no one on her side, Muxi can look to the side and see her smiling Gran. There is something so lively when she has a mouth that always looks upturned into a smile and the folds of her eyes crinkle into crow’s feet. Gran’ face was carved by time, looking as immaculate as the rivers that furrow through the countryside. Each line must tell a story of experience, worries and happiness.

When Gran does decide to share, her face lights up with the memories. She would stare into the distance and gather together all the pieces before coming back to herself and launching into an animated retelling. Gran climbed this very tree when it was not as strong, a branch snapped and so did her arm on the way down. Muxi was able to avoid the same fate when Gran was yelling out directions to climb the tree. Gran would also climb it’s just the issue that she would be unable to get down afterwards.

There is no better personality than Gran, there is an absolutely dizzying amount of candles on her cake after Muxi wanted to light every single one for Gran. The candles were trying to escape the cake as the family tried to put more on. The next year Gran hassled the family for a second cake to accommodate all the candles just to please Muxi.

What is immortality when there is no one to spend it with? Gran’s enthusiasm for youth is unparalleled. Much like the Monkey King from Gran’s stories, Muxi wishes that she too, could find a peach of immortality and give it to Gran.
rabbit...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Orphan Batch #28 -- Peachy Keen [winner!]

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:58 am

---( 🍑 )---

hello everyone! I hope you're all having a lovely day - it's time to announce the winner of this kid!
    all of you had lovely forms and should feel very proud of yourselves ♡ you made this a very tough decision!

I want to start by giving honorable mentions to a few people -

hayzel
    Svetigris
    Ucanthandleme

I adored all the different ideas everyone had, but these three really stood out to me! I loved reading your forms,
    so the least I could do was return the favor with an hm ♡

and, without further ado, the winner of this kit is going to be..

HoneyLavender࿐!

your writing was absolutely enchanting, and it really helped express just how much she loves ballet! your entry
    just absolutely took my breath away - I hope you take good care of momoko!
    [ raine/elf ] • [ any pronouns ] • [ my kals ]
    ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: Orphan Batch #28 -- Peachy Keen [winner!]

Postby hayzel » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:06 am

thank you for the hm, elf! and congrats to the winner <3
    hayzel