My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Staff Litter 2020 | Spirit Bear

Postby Sneky » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:38 pm

username: Sneky

kal name: Kuruk

prompt (500 words max):
“Shhh, this place is hallowed ground” The bear whispered to you, you who he deigned lucky enough to set foot in this place. His words bounced off icy walls, carved and cut by sheer arctic winds that had been absent for eons now, when this cave first formed. The ice sparkled like fine glass, your reflection dancing in its curves like nothing more than a whisper, fleeting compared to the timeless frost. Fine gravel and sand crunched underneath your feet, eroded from years of running water that had frozen or dried up by now. Light became harder and harder to find, the ice fading from sky to midnight hues, so vivid you expected to see the stars of a polar night reflected back at you.
“Do not frighten them, stay quiet.” His voice is low, echoed even lower by the icy walls as you trek further and further into the cave. His steps were confident, sure-footed even without the light that you insisted on bringing to guide your way. It’s paltry in comparison to the murky blackness of the cave, light swallowed up by some shadowy beast older than any who have ever set foot in it. Outside of your light, the only guides you had were the sound of his footsteps ahead and a gloved hand running against the ice, more of a comfort than anything.
“We’re here.” You felt the air space out, emerging into what must be a wide cavern. No walls in sight, you set your lantern down and sat, careful to avoid any puddles of meltwater. “Turn it off, it needs to be dark.” With trepidation you flicked the gas valve off, plunging the two of you into utter darkness. A moment passed. Then he, or something, let out a long-held breath.
Within the ice you could sense something moving without seeing. You’re not really sure what you even did see once the lights went out. The flickering of gentle green light, wicking its way through the ice like a serpent. The shadow of a moose, it’s antlers more formidable than the chill biting at your nose. Great beasts with tusks and trunks wandering in a promenade, ghosts of a time frozen in these walls.
And the ice, it sung! It sung with the haunting cry of a summer loon, the whistle of unfettered tundra winds, the call of something more ancient than you could imagine. Without words it cried, not mournful of what it had lost to the unstoppable march of time, but thankful that someone was willing to listen to a song from nature's past. You turned to look at your companion, but he was lost in thought, head bowed towards the ground with eyes closed. You didn’t interrupt him; you couldn’t interrupt him. Whatever the ice was to whisper to him was far richer than the tale it had just told you, and it was not for your ears. So you turned your focus back onto the past.

(498/500)
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
~
Hey, I'm an idiot that's up to chat
about pretty much anything.
~
I'm Snekly on Flight Rising, pop in and say hey!
~
my Toyhou.se

Trades: Open (Read my Rules)
PM's: Open
Sneky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KestrelTheFirecat » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:13 am

username: KestrelTheFirecat
kal name: Spirt
prompt (500 words max): Wip
i have left
KestrelTheFirecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:24 am

Using piece elsewhere.
Last edited by Ucanthandleme on Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Username:
waffle02

Kalon Name:
Pelmeni
Often called "Peli"

Prompt - What is this Kalon's Paradise:

The brisk morning air didn't chill Pelmeni as he walked through town. The gray and tope world around him appeared even more dreary without the sun's warmth upon it. The only real color found was the stray bush in one of his neighbor's yards. It was always like that here. The chatter of strange birds and planes created a wave of tension above him. Even the air filling his lungs weighed heavy like the stench of stagnant water. No matter how many years he lived in this place he would never adjust. This place never did anything to him, but it was nothing like his home. With his paws in his pockets, Pelmeni continued along the sidewalk.

It wasn't until the wave of navy blue came into view that Pelmeni perked up. The small dark building was nothing special on the eyes, with stucco falling off the less sturdy edges. A glass window in front allowed a view inside, which showed a single safety light and the stark red of the exit sign. As Pelmeni approached the entrance he fumbled grabbing his keys and unlocked the door. As the passage inside opened Peli was immediately greeted with the warmth inside. Figuratively of course, the dark building was freezing, but the chilly air felt just right to him. He carefully walked in and locked the rest of the town outside. As he rounded the corner the entire place transformed with the flip of a switch. The light flickered on and he was greeted with the dimly lit ambience. He became surrounded by comfy patterned chairs and old wooden tables. Walking towards the back the smells of spices wafted through the air. The tiny kitchen was filled with nothing more than flour, potatoes, and chicken, as well as some spices and flavors like black pepper, garlic, sour cream, and siracha. It was quaint, but the simple smells alone made his mouth and eyes water. He sniffled and finished his rounds back at the main counter, decorated with yellow stars across the navy backdrop, reminding him of memories too old to recount. While it wasn't much to most, it was everything left of home for him.

It didn't matter to him what others would say...

The place was a little cramped.

Better to meet others and talk to friends!

The place had old seats.

Like the kind you take to sit outside!

The place was not well lit.

Better to feel as if you are in a different world!

The place had a weird smell.

Like the kind you smell in the deep woods up north!

But this place was Peli's sanctuary, his only home away from his home, and it was his to own.
Peli heard the chime of the back door and as his young protégé came in. He tightly grasped the boy's shoulder with a large grin.
The young kalon smirked slightly to which Peli chuckled deeply.

"Well I'm glad you finally made it! Ready to make some dumplings?"

499/500
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cyrano » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:19 pm

wip
Last edited by Cyrano on Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
used to be: smith(ers) & s-simplicity| toyhou.se | my kalons
Cyrano

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doubledare » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:47 am

username: doubledare

kal name: aperture

prompt (500 words max):

for aperture, sometimes the simplest things were best. they didn't need a golden palace, they didn't need a far away beach. for them, less was more, and they would take comfort over luxury any day.

they woke up, the warm sunlight and pleasantly cool wind fluttering softly through the open window, the white curtain swaying softly in the breeze. the gentle sunlight caressed their cheek, illuminating their bedroom, and they stretched, feeling the softness of the clean white sheet beneath them, and the calming embrace of the blanket above them. they hoisted themselves up, leaning back against the surplus of pillows behind them. birds chirped calmly outside, and the faraway rustle of leaves created a peaceful ambiance. today was a Saturday, and aperture had absolutely nothing to do. they wished the world could stay like this forever, a soft white silence that permeated her skin and filled their soul with soft spring sun.

153 words
hey!

i'm doubledare, and im only just starting to become active here again. please be patient with me.

doubledare

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Amplify » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:57 pm

username: amplify
kal name: kenai
prompt (500 words max):

Looking back, it was easy to remember why they loved their hideaway in the woods so much, starting with the journey there. The trek felt like an adventure in it of itself, especially to a young child who couldn’t even go to the other side of the store by themself yet.

From their family home, out the backyard and into the woods, you must start from the left corner and, walking at a quarter angle, keep going until you can no longer see the houses or the street. At this point, turn towards the horizon and keep moving. To ensure you’re going in the right direction, there are several markers along the way.

The first sign is a thick, gaunt tree with a large knot at its center; it is the only one of its kind in this part of the woods—the other trees thin with twig like branches. You won’t see it until you come right upon it given the dense number of smaller trees around it, but don’t be discouraged. If you are walking in the right direction, you should see it directly to your right. If you miss it, double back and don’t walk at as great an angle.

Past the tree there’s a small creek, barely a hop over. Walk about fifty small paces, probably twnty five regular ones, and you should see the forest getting denser with bushes and trees. The tallest bush, shaped like a carrot with its thin pointy top, is the final marker. Enter low from the left side; the right of the bush is blockaded by thorns, like the rest of the perimeter. But as soon as you’re through, you’re there.

At its center is a mossy pond with turtles and frogs swimming in it. The tadpoles were always interesting to watch, showcased front and center because of the shallowness of the water. To the back left, a series of trees grew tightly together, forming an entry to a curving path with ivy filling in the gaps to make it appear as if it were a real staircase. Of course, you could only go up so far before the branches became too weak to support you, but that never stopped them.

Scattered around were little trinkets which they had left there. A toy soldier, a crown, and what appears to be a glitter pen. At first glance they wish to remove them but looking closer they remember why they never do.

The soldier had become rooted into the ground, the front half it its body extended upwards, forming a ledge for crickets and small frogs to leap upon. The crown, clocked in ivy, had remnants of a small bird’s nest, liable to return when it came time for its season. The glitter pen, void of ink, was still sterling and shiny as it hung from the branch they had tied it to long ago; a beacon to the outside world.

Smiling, they walked around once more, happy for another memory.

[500]

Notes wrote:
- she/her
- trades [open/closed]
- PMs [open/closed]
Interests wrote:
- art, music, reading
- marvel, dc ;; the hobbit, lotr ;; good omens
- naruto, fma, haikyuu, fairy tail
- d:bh, tloz, pokémon
Amplify

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lileevine » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:18 am

username:
lileevine
kal name:
creme
prompt (500 words max):
a dense mist clinging to the hills.
there is an old watermill, now defunct, nestled at the end of a gravel road, off a highway surrounding by a mile of nothing but thick, glossy grass meadows here. its river is slowly running dry. this paradise isn't frozen in time. the wooden bridge, littered with holes from local cow herds passing over, is quietly rotting down into the river below. full of duckweeds and lily pads, it has become a dash of murkier green in the soft spring grass. a dam holds it back from crushing an already cracked stone, trickling softly over instead, but bidding its time until the rust in the nails and the rot in the planks weaken to its incessant push.
you can hear roe deer here. you can see kingfishers here. magpie feathers are littered between the trees. muskrat trails crisscross between the branches, from one riverbed bush of daffodils to the next. the sun paints patterns through the leaves onto these busy roads.
the clearing is thick with thistles, nettles, buttercups, and bishop's lace. they gather in clumps, groups, creating a patchwork of weeds. ladybugs eagerly climb up and down them before settling on an old gate, slowly being taken over by morning glories.
a grapevine clings to the watermill, a hazelnut blooms, bears fruit, and fades, over and over again behind it. spiders pull a delicate lace over the roof, bees pat down dirt into alveoli in window sills.
creme watches it change.
✧ || UR pancake/box auction || spotted tribal auction || ✧

» kola/fae
» she/her
» mixed
» central euro timezone

» trades welcome!!
» toyhouse/goatlings @ lavender_kola
» hoarder

Lileevine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kaatlove » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:09 pm

omg i loved reading all these !! choosing was so hard sob
    i rly loved 2 so to start off kittyandcat's (945930) gets an hm, and the winner of this kid is ky-on !!
ImageImage
✶ kaat ⋆ chars
kaatlove

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me