Time spent 1 hour, 55 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Lambicorn #193 // Bard

Postby ambopteryx » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:21 am

[center]Image
STYLISH slinky paw-cloven lambicorn
ok this is the last poem-themed lambicorn im making for a while i PROMISE. ill be adding the non-item vers later today

This lambicorn is inspired by two different poems (one of which is a bit harder to see than the other.) Therefore, to get this lambicorn you have to guess the two poems!

This is how it'll work- everyone who enters guesses two poems. If someone posts the correct combo, I will not reveal it until the contest is over. Only the first person to guess both the poems will count.
If the poems are guessed, there will be TWO runner-ups! i will be picking them based on the extra writing you can optionally do, and the design will be based on one of the two poems you guessed (or one of your choice!). If no one guesses the poems, the winner will be chosen based on the extra writing, with no runner-up prizes.

Jas now belongs to Makoto Kino!
Last edited by ambopteryx on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    “Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est"
    (They can kill you, but the legalities of eating you are quite a bit dicier)

― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
    sig art by rem sleep
ambopteryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Lambicorn #193 // Bard

Postby •boo• » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:43 am

I'd like to guess the poems!
Username: NightMareRose
Lambicorn name: Neil
Poem 1 guess: Forest Fire
Poem 2 guess: Hope is the Thing with Feathers
Extra writing: I smacked the word limit hard X'D

"There will come a soldier, who carries a mighty sword. He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord! O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord. He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord!"

He skipped along his path, singing as always.

"There will come a poet, whose weapon is his word. He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord! O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord. He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord!"

The words tumbled out effortlessly as he'd sung this song millions of times. He danced and stomped along his way.

"There will come a ruler, whose brow is laid in thorn. Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord! O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord. Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord!"

They echoed through the forest, though he was alone, he sang anyway. For what was a bard without music?

"O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord, he will tear your city down, o lei o lai, o!"

He heard an eerie sound behind him, but continued to sing.

"O lei o lai, o lei, o lai, o"

It creeped closer...

"O lei o lai, o lei, o lai, o"

It soon became overbearing.

"O lei o lai, o lei, o lai, o lei, o lai, o..."

He turned as the song finished, but no one was in sight. "How strange..." he pondered aloud. Suddenly he saw a figure fell out of a high tree. They we're pink??? And their eyes were quite intimidating, black swirls around a completely white eyeball.

"Oh- Oh no! I'm sorry... I just really liked your song... I'm very sorry if I scared you..." He murmured, his eyes wide as dinner plates.

The bard looked into his eyes, clearly shocked. "Well... thank you? Are you alright? That was quite a fall, I don't imagine you'd be feelin too good."

He shook himself off, "I'm fine actually! I'm immune to pain I think.... anyway! My name is Matty! I'm sorry for following you again... I know I'm not too good at sneaking around, I wasn't even that quiet. I hope I didn't scare you..."

"Not at all," He laughed.

Song by The Oh Hellos!
Last edited by •boo• on Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi I'm Alois!
He/it | Scorpio | AroAce?
Depressed | Anxiety | Sleepy

Kalons | Shamkhyis | Nagalines
Lambicorns | Smoothie Chickens

Check out the CS Discord Server! Avatar ♡
•boo•

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LonelyForestFae » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:59 am

mark for later. the only poem i rlly know is The Road Not Take. He's giving me Soldier, Poet, King vibes too but thats a song. I'll figure this out eventually haha
LonelyForestFae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:10 pm

Username: Makoto Kino
Lambicorn name: Jas
Poem 1 guess: The Tyger, by William Blake
Poem 2 guess: I honestly have no idea & I’d rather not immediately take from another post xD I’ll just stick one of my faves here?
Extra writing: [optional, up to 400 words] might add later!
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:37 am

Username: Rylf
Lambicorn name: Flicker
Poem 1 guess: Fire and Ice by Robert Frost (This is probably wrong, but it's the best I've got and a poem I like a lot, so. xD)
Poem 2 guess: Hope is the Thing with Feathers by Emily Dickinson (one of my faves :3)
Extra writing: [optional, up to 400 words]

"Ohhhhhhhhhhh! I think that I shall never see // A poem lovely as a treeeeeeeee! // A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed // Against the sweet Earth's flowing breeeeeeeeest!"

Flicker bounded through the woods with his trusty dusty instrument close to his chest, his hooves thumping against the bare earth as he moved, his body twirling and whirling in a dizzying dance. He picked at the strings with a graceful finesse that doesn't entirely match the sharp view of his claws. The chains about his neck clanked to the beat of the music as his tail whipped back and forth, the flame dangerously close to the undergrowth of the forest.

The bounding of the Lambicorn stopped only briefly, though his hooves continued a steady drumbeat as he reached out and tapped a quick, upbeat rhythm against the bark of a tree. Once again, he was off, his voice bellowing through the forest, causing all kinds of creatures to peek their heads out of their burrows, both curious and a bit frightened.

"A tree that looks at God all day // And lifts her leafy arms to praaaaaayyyyyyy! // A tree that may in summer wear // A nest of robins in her haaaaaaaair~"

A few robins seemed to tweet in agreement, making Flicker's grin widen as he continued his glorious song, "Upon whose bosom snow has lain // Who intimately lives with raiiiiiiiin! // Poems are made by fools like me, // But only God can make a treeeeeeeee!"

(Poem used is Trees by Joyce Kilmer)
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ambopteryx » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:40 pm

this is now closed for judging!! thank you to everyone who entered c:
(accidentally deleted my first post, whoops)

sig art by rem sleep
ambopteryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ambopteryx » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:13 pm

first of all, I'd like to reveal the two poems that this lambicorn was based off of, and explain the clues/inspiration!

Poem 1: The Tyger by William Blake
    "Tyger Tyger, burning bright" // the patterns and colors are based off a tiger but made to look more firey + the fire tailtip
    "In the forests of the night" // the background, it's a forest at night
    "What the hammer? what the chain, in what furnace was thy brain?" // the chain necklace, plus the metallic paws/hooves/horn due to the mention of forging.

Poem 2: Split the Lark and You'll Find the Music by Emily Dickinson
    Lark // the face marking/color is based off a horned lark, and the wing pattern is also meant to be a lark
    "Saved for you Ear, when Lutes be old" // the lute c:
    "In silver rolled" // the silver bracelets!
    "Scarlet Experiment!" // the red coloration of the wings
    the first two bonus hints are self-explanatory, and the final bonus hint was in reference that Emily Dickinson is a well-known poet, but the poem itself is not one of her more well-known ones.

And the results!!

Makoto Kino wrote:I'd like to guess the poems!
Username: Makoto Kino
Lambicorn name: Jas
Poem 1 guess: The Tyger, by William Blake
Poem 2 guess: I honestly have no idea & I’d rather not immediately take from another post xD I’ll just stick one of my faves here?

Congrats!! Since you correctly guessed one of the two poems, you've won Jas!

but that's not all!!

NightMareRose wrote:I'd like to guess the poems!
Username: NightMareRose
Lambicorn name: Neil
Poem 1 guess: Forest Fire
Poem 2 guess: Hope is the Thing with Feathers
Extra writing: I smacked the word limit hard X'D
-snip-

I loved your writing, the little interaction had a lot of character and a LOT of thought put into it! Because of that (and because hope is the thing with feathers is a very, VERY close guess, you get the runner-up lambicorn based off the poem/song of your choice! (if song I would prefer something with a more bard-like vibe to it, just to keep with the theme). Feel free to dm me here or on discord to work out the details!

and finally....

Rylf wrote:I'd like to guess the poems!
Username: Rylf
Lambicorn name: Flicker
Poem 1 guess: Fire and Ice by Robert Frost (This is probably wrong, but it's the best I've got and a poem I like a lot, so. xD)
Poem 2 guess: Hope is the Thing with Feathers by Emily Dickinson (one of my faves :3)
Extra writing:
-snip-

Your prompt was also really fun and had a lot of character (plus like i said with Night's entry, you got SUPER close with poem 2), you get a runner-up prize of a Classic MYO! Just link to this post on the customs/myo page to redeem it c:

once again, thank you for entering!! i accidentally made this one MUCH more difficult than i originally intended, so I wanted to give all of you something for your guesses, especially since you all got EXTREMELY close. I at least hope you guys had at little bit of fun scouring your brains/the internet for poems that would fit c:

sig art by rem sleep
ambopteryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:23 pm

Thank you! It was a lot of fun~ <3
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dr. Paine » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:35 pm

!!! Ahh man I’m just exited I got the right poem, I was really proud when I felt like I figured it out xD

Thanks so much! Super excited to see the RU! :D
Dr. Paine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby •boo• » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:01 pm

I'd love to see them based on the song i linked:000