Based on Click to view
Artist ToxicShadow [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

VOK Halloween Event #4

Postby ToxicShadow » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:04 pm

To adopt this lion, you must either:
1. Have a founder, be at least level 1, and have enough space to accommodate this lion
2. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

This lion just wants to make friends! How do they go about it?

250 words max

Ends 10/25 OR on the 2nd page.

Please DO NOT post incomplete forms.

Medium event edits: Edgy mane, tusks, eye horns

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lion name:[/b]
[b]Lion gender:[/b]
[b]Pride:[/b]
[b]Pride status:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Halloween Event #4

Postby Firedancer77 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:00 pm

Username: Firedancer77
Lion name: Chrysalis
Lion gender: Female
Pride: Isle of Roses
Pride status: Cook
Prompt:
Chrysalis has learned that the best way to make friends is through their stomach. She has become quite proficient in her cooking skills since joining the Scarlet Crew, becoming an expert at cooking while at sea on the White Cutlass and also while still at the island all the ships that made up the Scarlet Crew called home. It was her cooking that earned her a spot on the crew in the first place; her ship was boarded, and when Chrysalis (who had always had a soft spot for pirates) found out they were specifically searching for a cook willing to join them, she happily obliged. That alone was enough to gain the favor of most of the White Cutlass' crew, but for those that weren't immediately onboard with her, they were quickly won over by her chipper attitude and dedication to preparing quality meals. It was hard for anyone to disapprove of the lioness when she was able to supply them with such delicious meals, and besides, it was obvious that she meant well even on the occasions where she did happen to slip up. [ 186/250 ]

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Username: Sunlit
Lion name: Erebus
Lion gender: male
Pride: Starheart's Regiment
Pride status: Duelist
Prompt: Erebus' idea of making friends is to challenge them to a fight. For some lions, this works out wonderfully. For others, not so much. When meeting more peaceable lions, they tend to get concerned at his eager challenge and back off. Luckily, there are other lions that appreciate his style. The fighters in the Regiment have some more understanding of how he does things. They'll gladly duel him as often as he likes, and often, with the few friends he's able to make, he'll talk late into the night about battle strategies and awesome skirmishes he's been involved in.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nia The Elf » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:10 am

Username: Nia The Elf
Lion name: Zekhan
Lion gender: Male
Pride: Red Eagle
Pride status: Knight
Prompt:
Zekhan's tusks are a big part of who he is. They show his place in society, his strength, they aid him in combat and they help him interact with others.
It wasn't his fault that the lions who met him on this new planet panicked as he charged towards Gringolet with joyful stupor.

"Back off!" Elyan snarled, hackles raised defensively as Gringolet swung his antlers and knocked the newcomer aside, long tusks barely missing an eye.
"Stand down, now!"

Zekhan tilted his head, confusion etched clearly in his features. Backing up, he created space between the three of them. "Do you not want to be friends?" He asked, holding in the hurt that began to course through him.

Frowning, Gringolet stepped closer. “Friends? You just tried to attack me, I wouldn’t consider that very friendly behaviour.”

It clicked. These lions didn’t have tusks after all, and only a few had antlers. Cultural differences.
“I’m so sorry! Where I come from, tusks are everything - you use them to assert dominance, but you also use them to greet eachother and make friends or allies. I presumed it’s similar everywhere; but I come from far away so I guessed wrong. I hope this hasn’t gotten us off to too bad a start?”

Elyan smirked behind Gringolet, who just shook his head and calmed his racing heart.
“Of course not,” he sighed, and introduced Zekhan to the safer way of greeting one another; with a gentle nudge of his muzzle.
Nia The Elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QueenOfWyrms » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:56 am

Username: QueenOfWyrms
Lion name: Wendigo
Pride: PoB
Pride status: Nadiri Batling
Prompt:
Wendigo awoke from his crash landing in a panic. Where was the Crystal? Where was Flitter? He leapt up, shifting into his much more agile chiropteran form. His mind clearing, he sensed Flitter's pain to the south of him and made to go that direction. However, a large black claw stopped him midair. Fear gripped him, and he cried out, thinking the Hirae had followed them down to Petrichor. one of the claws gripped his mouth, silencing his cry. "Hush! Or the lions of the valley will hear you!" A low voice spoke in a hushed tone. The voice was far too deep to be the screeching voice of any Hirae, even the largest Avian had a certain pitch from the shape of their beaks. As the adrenaline left him, Wendigo realized the claws were too big, and had opposable dews.

The panic passed, Wendigo and the great beast interrogated each other, discovering, respectively, the Dracons and the Chiropterans. They exchanged information on the goings-ons of the worlds, as they understood it, and after a short time Wendigo was introduced to Onyx's, the black Dracon, adoptive sister, Ath-Bhrieth. Stories exchanged, and knowing Flitter's Crystal was under safe watch for the time being, Wendigo implored them to help him search for his fellows, who had been with him as they fled Nadir to the safety of Petrichor.
[226]
QueenOfWyrms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mercuré » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:26 am

Username: irockwaffleking
Lion name: Nachash
Pride: The Pantheon
Pride status: a “Meili”
Prompt:
Nachash hadn’t been on this planet for long and he was already lonely. He felt like he had been walking forever and the only living thing he had found had been a frog which he now gently carried with him. He still had hope he’d find something. Soon Nachash came to a gate of what looked like a garden. It had a large door that he couldn’t open. Well he could break it open but he figured that might be rude.. so instead he decided to yell,

“Hello! Anyone here!”

Nachash waited and was about to shout again when he heard a voice from within the massive garden speak, “I’m coming I’m coming.” The lioness emerged from behind a bush that boasted flowers that were a bright red. “Hello traveler what is it that you want?”

Perfect! Though Nachash. Someone who can be my friend..... but how do I do this. Nachash realized she was still looking at him waiting for a response. Oh well here goes nothing.

“Hellowouldyouliketobefriends also look at this thing it is the most beautiful animal I have ever seen” Nachash said really quickly with a big grin on his face. He held up the frog like a rare trophy and it let out a dignified ‘ribbit.’ The lioness kept a blank expression until she burst out laughing at the ribbit and Nachash joined in even if he didn’t know why she was laughing at the regal creature. He was just happy to have friend
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AwkwardAnxiety » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:56 am

Username: AwkwardAnxiety
Lion name: Eber
Pride: Churning Waters (subpride)
Pride status: Crew
Prompt:
Eber bolted awake, frightened. His body felt wrong, the world looked wrong. He stumbled to his feet, desperate for something familiar, something he could remember. He couldn't remember anything around him. He couldn't remember anything. In his frightened meandering, he found himself running face-first into a lioness. He paused, first out of surprise and second to struggle with the fact that he knew this thing was a lioness when he didn't know what a lioness was.
The lioness stumbled back from the force of the collision and stared at him in a bewildered fashion. "What in the name of the shiny blue sea?" She exclaimed. Her eyes settle on his tusks and she seems to check herself for injuries from them.
"Uh, who? Where?" He mumbled out, the complex sentences he meant to say lost in the foreignness of his mouth and the strange tongue in which he spoke.
The lioness squinted her eyes at him. "...Are you on nip?" She asked before looking at herself. "Am I on nip? No, this is too absurd even for nip."
"What kind of creature are you?" She queried.
Eber frowned and floundered for a response. "I... don't know?"
Her eyes glinted with intrigue. "Oh, really? I know exactly what to do then. Come with me."
At a loss for what else to do, Eber followed clumsily.
[224]
This user no longer participates on Chicken Smoothie and wishes not to be contacted
AwkwardAnxiety

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Username: RupturedRaptor
Lion name: Doug
Pride: The Fire Empire (Mystic Swamp Subpride)
Pride status: Queens guard
Prompt:
Doug’s always struggled with talking to others. His blunt and straight forward attitude towards communicating doesn’t mix well with his naturally intimidating appearance. Many other lions get the wrong end of the stick at first, believing him to be scary or even mean. Because of his past failure to communicate properly he gets nervous and panics when talking to strangers. He’s tried compliments but half of them come across as backhanded. Doug has also tried humour but it seemed like he was making fun of the other lions. To add onto this he simply does not understand the concept of small talk at all. It’s just completely beyond him.

He isn’t a complete failure at making friends however, where Doug really strives is in doing activities. He finds it easiest to get to know someone else if he’s hunting with them or training with them. Physically doing something with others compliments the skills he does have, rather than working against it. The most difficult part for him is inviting someone to do something with him, but once he’s managed that Doug just stays true to himself. He may only have a few friends, but those few friends are some of the most reliable and kind lions he knows.
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tiger♥Bear » Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:27 am

Username: Tiger♥Bear
Lion name: Tafari
Pride: Pekee Pamoja
Pride status: Guard Captain
Prompt: 250/250
    Tafari was still pretty new to the area and he was...nervous. The area he was in was some kind of lush jungle. It seemed the lions here were all really close. Or at least he assumed. There were definitely two distinct groups. Just go over and talk to them. Make nice. Be friendly. It's easy. He stood frozen to the spot. You see... Tafari was horribly introverted. He had the hardest time putting himself out there. Thoughts of "what if they don't like me?" or "what if they're afraid of me because of my tusks?" or "what if I'm too strange for them?" ran through his mind. Even back in his home world he had a hard time making friends.
    "Hey!"
    His body tensed as he turned to the source. A black lion with a sandy blonde mane was looking right at him, the two lionesses conversing softly to each other behind him.
    "M-m-me?"
    "Yeah, you. You gonna stand there all day staring or are you gonna come over and join us?"
    "Azizi. Can't you see he's shy?" The lioness who appeared this "Azizi's" opposite spoke up. "Sorry about him. He means well."
    "O-oh! Uh... okay." Even with their invitation he hesitated.
    "I'm Binti. This is Azizi and his sister, Nalah." The brown lioness gave a wave of her paw at the mention of her name.
    "Hi."
    "And... what's your name?"
    "T...Tafari."
    "Cool. You wanna hang out with us?"
    "Oh! I- if that's okay?"
    "Of course! Welcome to the gang."
Pekee Pamoja . VOK
Fallitur . VOK

Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tiger♥Bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:13 am

My apologies for the long wait! It seems that although I went through all of these competitions and noted down winners in a document on my computer, I accidentally forgot to actually post on the threads. I'm so sorry for that!

That said, the winner of this lovely is Firedancer77!

Honestly, I just loved the idea of winning someone over with food. She and I could probably be friends. lol.
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me