[ 🥀 ] those wilted among us

Postby mousekewitz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:15 pm

username: lordren ..|.|.. name: sage ..|.|.. gender: male ..|.|.. rollcall form: here
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────

A light breeze slithers between the trees of the swamp. Alistair sits on a wide patch of moss beneath a dead tree, surrounded by different flowers, and holds his flower press on his lap. Unfortunately, it'll take a number of days for these to dry but he has collected a variety of new specimen to add to his collection. There's a heavy rustling a couple yards away in the brush that catches his attention. The blue kalon stares into the trees, waiting for another noise or an explanation of the sounds. After a few moments, a white kalon with gorgeous red accents steps from behind a black willow, eyes stopping on Alistair. Silence befalls the two.

"Hello." Alistair is met with only a look. He swallows awkwardly and curls his fingers on the pages. "Are you from Kamp too? Wait-- stupid question, of course you are. The area is restricted. I'm Alistair, I'm on Team Sunflower."

Again he is met with silence. He wonders why the other kalon isn't talking. Come to think of it, he hasn't seen this particular kamper yet, and he's met virtually everyone in Kamp at least once at meals. Someone who looks like this stranger would be hard to miss.

"Are you all by yourself?" The stranger's eyes narrow hesitantly, his lips pressed into an unsteady line as if he is struggling between speaking and staying silent. Alistair flips towards the front of his book before turning the pages slowly back to a blank one.

He twirls the water lily in his hands now with the book propped open on his legs. Alistair looks up to the strange kamper as he settles the flower onto the page. His glance flickers back down to the page; with a mechanical pencil, he begins designing the layout of the page. At the top he marks the scientific name and below it, to the left, he makes a section for notes, usually something about its pollination habits or particular anatomy. The red and white stranger moves forward, wet leaves squishing beneath their feet, until he is standing over Alistair with his eyes trained on the book. Settling beside him, he rests his glance on the blue kalon.

"I'm Sage. Not many kampers talk to me." His eyes move to the swamp. Crickets chirp in the background. "You like flowers? What a strange place to look for some. I have a scrapbook of presses back home."

"I've never had the chance to go to a swamp before, I figured I should spend some time here and get whatever I can. I found a water lily" Alistair turns the flower in his hands once more, then bending over to grab a couple different flora off the ground before him. They were from different areas of the swamp that he had visited previously.

"You're the only person that's talked to me." Sage leans his head on Alistair's shoulder. "Thank you."

"I have a feeling we will get along." The two smile.
Last edited by mousekewitz on Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mousekewitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

bufo babey

Postby carotid » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:18 pm

username; carotid
    name; "bufo"
    gender; trans girl [she/her]
    kamper/roll call form; here!
    prompt; 500 words

a tiny kal found herself dawdling along one of the woodchip-laden paths quite a ways off kamp. the early dawn was the best time for leisurely walks-- no one expected anything of anyone else in the earliest hours of the morning. muriel enjoyed these times most. the atmosphere was unlike any other.

she always encountered many animals going down these paths, today especially. strolling along, a fat toad shouted a sudden, hefty croak at her, causing her to squeal in surprise. just as she reacted, a larger figure barreled through the underbrush. a faint splash followed. never had she encountered a creature of this size out in the wilderness. it was larger than a buck, but not humongous.

"hello?" muriel inquired, figuring it could be another kamper. she stepped away from the path, pushing aside a bush. a swampy pool resided further in the greenery, and in the water, a pair of bright, curious crimson eyes reflected the soft dawn lighting. captivated, muriel treaded through the dense plants, and she found herself sitting at the edge of the murky pool.

muriel didn't speak at first. she felt that the silence was acknowledged between them. when she did speak, it was barely above the chirp of the morning crickets. "your eyes are pretty." the younger kal offered a grin as the creature seemed to gain a twinkle in their eyes. abruptly, the splash of a chubby toad hopping into the water interrupted their moment, which made the creature flinch. muriel laughed.

"there are so many toads in these woods. how are they all so fat?" she asked the creature. their eyes had fallen back on her like they were listening. "toads remind me of home. we have a lot on the farm." homesickness was a vague reminder in the back of her head, making her feel a bit lonely. "i miss home already. these toads make me feel like i'm there, though." she rested her chin in her palm dejectedly.

"i know toad facts." the creature couldn't seem to care less. "the scientific name for a toad is bufo. when a toad is in danger, it pees so it can run faster. common toads can live up to forty years if they're lucky enough."

ignoring her, the creature was observing the toad that had joined them in the pond, and in a lithe movement, the figure emerged from the water, her palms cupped as she picked up the toad. "bufo," the creature murmured, her voice gravelly from lack of use. muriel grinned.

"yeah. bufo."

the other kal turned, offering the toad out to the girl. muriel clasped it in her own hands, grinning. "there are a lot of bufos on the trail. want to go for a walk with me?"

her new friend, drenched in the water of the swamp, seemed to consider, and she nodded softly. muriel released the grumpy toad back into the pool, offered a helping hand to the taller girl, and the two went on their way.
Last edited by carotid on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carotid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: lost kamper #1 - wild boar

Postby Error » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:36 pm

username; Error
name; Cezary "Skunk" Roxas
gender; Male
kamper/roll call form; Offal
prompt; 454 words
    Offal has smelled the poison ivy before he had even seen it. He had also smelled someone who reeked like a skunk and was clearly having a bad day. Whose day was about to get even worse as he grumpily walked a little too far off the path, straight towards the ivy in question.
    “Stop! Skunk!” Offal managed the words perhaps in time, he couldn’t tell, he thought he did. He heard the paw steps stop and a disgruntled huff was all that greeted him.
    “NOW WHAT!?” The other kalon was obviously a bit on the angered side, skunk perfume never lifted one’s mood.
    “Ivy.” Offal said, a bit softly, he was standing not to far off from the other kalon, he was sure of this. The other kalon might’ve made a face at him, then started to walk off again. “NO. Don’t do that.”
    “Do what? Continue to bother me? Because that’s exactly what you’re doing! What even are you?”
    “Walk into ivy… Poison ivy, causes itchness you know.” Offal didn’t know how to answer the other part. The other kalon huffed again, clearly displeased. He heard the shuffle of paw steps, but they didn’t proceed forwards.
    “What ivy? I don’t see nothing.”
    “Don’t see it either. But I smell it.” Offal said, it isn’t too far off from where you be standing.”
    “How can you smell anything over this skunk smell?”
    “Don’t mind it.” Offal offered up, the other kalon gave a laugh, one that was equally parts still very much so annoyed and another part, actually slightly amused.
    “Not surprising, you smell worse off.” The kalon said, “Simply awful.”
    “Simply Offal is who I am.” Offal gave a nod of his head, though he probably looked like an elk about to start a fight. The other kalon gave a slight leap to the side, perhaps he wasn’t as tough and gruff as his voice made him sound.
    “I need to head to the nurse’s office I think; if this camp even has one. Have to get rid of this skunk smell you know?” The other kalon said, “Can you show me the way?”
    “Don’t know where that is.” Offal said, or even what such a thing was, “But I reckon I could show you where not to step if you be willing to follow me.”
    “If it means I don’t wander into ivy among smelling like a skunk. Then yeah, lead the way.”
    With this, Offal started to walk along the path again, noting the ivy and leading the other without really much of a thought about it.
    “My name’s Cezary by the way, not skunk.” He sounded annoyed that Offal hadn’t asked him yet.
    “Skunk’s a better match I’d say.”
Error

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starberry_milk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:10 pm

username; StarWerewolf
name; Erin
gender; Male
Kamper roll call form; Here?!
prompt; wip
:3
Starberry_milk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirittai1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:45 pm

username; spirittai1 | kamper; sebelia
    name; alister | gender; cis man

prompt;

wip !
    -
    spirit | it/its
    lost a lot recently, not feeling well
    please be gentle
spirittai1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby E t e r n i t y » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 am

username; E t e r n i t y
name; 畜牲 (chù shèng)
gender; fem
kamper/roll call form; my russian childe
prompt;
Last edited by E t e r n i t y on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
E t e r n i t y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby veridian » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:44 am

mark!!
veridian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:44 pm

username; chunkypeanutbutter
name; osha aaaaagender; male
roll call form;aaa'aaaalink here

Finally, a chance for some peace and quiet.

Jason walked out into the woods with his camera strapped around his neck, looking for a good spot to collect specimens to record in his journal. A few songbirds whistled above him, and he quickly fumbled to raise the lens up before he heard a loud crack and snap about ten feet in front him. The birds, startled by the sudden sound, quickly flew away. Annoyed, Jason looked wearily at the strange kalon that stood gazing into a little pond. He looks like he hasn't noticed his presence yet.

Jason approached, and confronted him. "Who are you? And, what are you doing all the way out here?"

As the kalon's lip quivered a bit, he felt maybe that wasn't the right way to approach this situation. "Uh...sorry. What team are you in? If you're lost, I can help lead you back--"

"Team?" the kal queried. "What do you mean?"

"...Aren't you here for Kamp?"
      "No, no, I just...I live here."
      "In the....forest?
      "Yeah."

Jason sat in thought for a moment. I need to bring this kid to a counsellor... he thought, how am I going to get him to agree to leave the forest, though?

"Hmm. Well, what's your name?"
      "Osha."
      Osha, hmm? "Well, Osha, I have a question for you. How well do you know this forest? I'm a bit of a scientist, myself, and I'm trying to collect data on the natural ecosystem."

The kal's eyes brightened. "Oh, I know plenty! I don't know much about those fancy little songbirds, but the fish here have such interesting behaviors. ..Come here, I want you to see!" He grabbed Jason's arm and pulled him closer to look in the pond.

"Catfish are really protective dads...see here, the males make the nests out of hollow logs or crevices, where the female will lay her eggs. After the eggs have been fertilized, the proud papa has to chase the female out, because she likes to eat the eggs." He made a clawing gesture with his paws, and made a face. "So the dad protects his kids from any predators until they hatch." Osha pointed at the big catfish sitting on the bottom of the log. "I've given him a name...Big Rock. He sits there all day every day since the eggs were laid. He's five years old..." he sighed. "They have pretty long lifespans. They can live up to 20 years..."

Jason had been scribbling down notes the entire time he talked. "Hey... that's super interesting. I know of some really cool fish over in the lake we could look at?"

Osha looked nervous. "Uh...there's an awful lot of people over there. I don't know."

"It's okay," Jason said. "I'll be right here, it'll be fine! Besides, everyone at Kamp is really nice. I'm sure they'll love you!"

"...You're right. I don't know why I'm so afraid. I've been wanting to check it out anyways..."

The two started to head back to camp.
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 【Wildfire】 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:02 pm

-snip-

[deleting all my old posts]
Last edited by 【Wildfire】 on Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No longer active on this website.
【Wildfire】

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy. » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:32 am

username;
Knuckle Bine
name;
Holland
gender;
Male
kamper/roll call form;
Nigel
prompt; [349 words]
Nigel shivered as he walked along the edge of the swamp. It was free time, so even though the swamp made him nervous he went to explore it. As long as he kept a brave face it should be fine, right? He jumps as he notices that he's not alone. Another kamper is sitting very close to the edge of the swamp, staring down sadly. Nigel sits down a little bit away from him, then scootches closer with a cough, and then a bit closer till their paws almost touch.

"Hi there!" He managed, nervous but excited to make new friends. The other kalon didn't seem to notice him, so he leaned forward a bit and waved. This time, the other kamper raised his hand a bit and waved weakly, still keeping his eyes locked firmly on the ground.

"What brings you all the way out here?" Again, no answer. Nigel sits back with a sad sigh. The other kalon taps him and begins to sign something with his hands.

"You're sitting on my tail, could you, um, move a little?" The other kamper looked nervous. Nigel took a moment to process what he said and then scrambled up, dusting himself off and signing back.

"Oh, geez, I'm so sorry! I'm Nigel, by the way." He said with an awkward smile. The other kalon got up and gave a huge grin.

"I'm Holland! It's nice to meet you, Nigel!" He held out a hand to shake and Nigel happily obliged before deciding to ask some questions.

"So what brings you all the way out here, Holland?" Nigel asks with a warm smile. Holland frowns again, face dropping.

"Oh, well.. I was hoping my cabin mates would come frog-hunting with me.. but they're all too scared of the swamp." He signed with a little sigh. Nigel simply grinned bigger.

"Well, I'm here now, so let's find some frogs!" He signed, grabbing Holland's hand in his own. Holland smiled widely and nodded, and off they went, the best (and only) frog hunters in Kamp.

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx

{ teddy | he/they | adult }
hey there! i'm teddy, feel free to msg me!!
my viscets ~ my kalons

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx
teddy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me