My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mr.Churros Bakery

Postby SylphTheDragon » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:32 pm

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id SylphTheDragon + 1097719
Bonus: As luck would have it, Paloma already had some experience in baking— their first ever said experience being a carrot cake their mother had shown them how to make at a rather young age— and it had always come naturally to them. They honestly didn’t see how it even could be difficult, as they had always followed the recipe to the letter; hyperfixated as they were on measuring out the correct ingredients in the correct amount in the correct order, only adding their own touches after trying the same recipe several times to make sure they knew it inside and out and so that they didn’t just end up screwing it up. Experimentation could be fun, yes, but only when it wielded the positive results they desired, after all, even if it wasn’t always the results they expected. The only drawback was that with how slowly she always measured out every ingredient, pouring and leveling out everything from the baking soda and sugar to even the vanilla extract with the utmost care and focus as though one wrong move could cause the entire bowl of batter to detonate, she tended to take forever to finish. Which was usually fine by her; she was an utter perfectionist when it came to most things, and was willing to spend however long it took to get it right. As the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race.

But when she’s helping out in a store bakery, and there’s an actual time limit placed on how quickly she can get cakes out and ready for the costumers, and she is no longer able to devote all her time and attention into steadily pouring and mixing the ingredients one by one, things tended to get rather… messy. Quite literally. In her rush to pour sugar into the measuring cup, nearly a fifth of it ends up outside the rim and scattered all over the table. She makes a frantic mental note to clean it up later, and gets on with pouring the next ingredient— much of which also becomes part of the mess that is decorating the table surface. One by one, the dry ingredients that they would’ve usually measured and poured in with the utmost care are measured and thrown in— well, still with some care, as they would rather chew off their own tail than risk getting some of the measurements wrong— but now also rather hazardously, their movements fast-paced and stressed.

So what happened next should have hardly been much of a surprise, after they reached for the bag of flour only to discover that it hadn’t yet been opened. They rapidly tugged on the top of the plastic with a claw, and for a moment, it refused to give. They steadily put in more and more pressure— and soon enough, with an unexpected tear, the bag flew wide open, so quickly and suddenly that the flour imprisoned inside only moments before leapt out into the air, bursting in an explosion of white right in front of their face. Releasing a startled yelp, they took a step backwards until they felt the counter pressing into their back behind them and squeezed their eyes shut. When she next opened them, after rubbing the flour clear from her face with a free paw, half of the kitchen was dusted in powdery white, as though someone had dragged a snowstorm inside with them and left in the brief amount of time she’d had her eyes closed. Observing the damage with a wide, striken stare, comparable to what one does after coming out of their house to see the aftereffects of a natural disaster, she felt her heart sink to her feet. “Well, crap.”

Word Count: 619

PD Baking: Paloma
Last edited by SylphTheDragon on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

🌸
🌸
SylphTheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flicka » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:34 pm

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id Flicka + 9355
Bonus: Needs edible flowers
PD Baking: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4902527&hilit=Plate+dragon
My Wmes~Senegal Zebras~Crownies
ImageImageImage
Now accepting Commissions!
Flicka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:29 pm

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id Eevee55 + 1033286
Bonus: Rei has been enjoying learning to bake cakes at the bakery, despite it taking some time to get the hang of it. Even with help, Rei's attempts to make a cake have been less than perfect so far, but the plate dragon seems determined to keep trying, and has not been letting that deter future attempts. Today, however, there have been so many requests for cake that Rei needs to make some cakes entirely without assistance in order to keep up with the orders. With a bit of nervousness, Rei begins preparing the ingredients for the first cake. "Okay, we have sugar, flour, eggs..." Rei mutters quietly, continuing on until all the necessary ingredients are in place. Somewhere along the line, however, Rei must have mixed up something while measuring the flour because it was suddenly everywhere. "Uh... Oops..." Rei sighs, trying to clean up the flour before finally writing it off as a lost cause and just grabbing a new bowl and starting to measure the ingredients again- but being much more careful now not to overdo it with the flour. This time, despite carefully mixing it, the batter does not seem to have quite the right consistency, but at least there is not a bunch more flour everywhere, so Rei considers it a definite improvement. Now, the cake just needs to bake... Rei struggles a bit to pour the cake batter into the pan, but most of it ends up inside the pan and it makes much less of a mess than the flour did, so that is really the least of Rei's concerns. After putting the pan in the oven to bake, Rei is finally able to take a break, and sits down on a chair- which is also, of course, covered in flour- to rest. The break does not last long, however, since when the cake is finished baking, Rei still needs to add the icing. There is just one problem with that.
Rei has no idea where the icing is.
After about twenty minutes of frantic searching, Rei does eventually find the icing... Buried under a large pile of flour. Really, that should not be surprising at all, Rei muses. Well, at least Rei was able to find it. Considering all of the utensils in sight are covered in flour as well, spreading the icing on the cake is more difficult than it really needs to be, but is still manageable.
When all is said and done, Rei has successfully created a cake! ...It tastes like flour.
PD Baking: Rei
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby udderchaos_cat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:20 pm

Theres flour everywhere!
udderchaos_cat 716760
PD Baking:Asta
Bonus: 
        Asta took a deep breath as the nervousness crept up on him. Today was his first day of baking ever. He had paid close attention at the bakery preview but nothing could compare to this moment. As he looked at his little notepad of the recipe for "Death by Chocolate Cake" he was doubting himself. This had to be the most difficult recipe he could have choose. It didn't seem so hard back then but now he was trying to put everything to the test and not have a step-by-step guide or instructor to work with. Asta sighed at himself and gathered up all the items on his list. First thing first was to make a simple chocolate syrup. Easy peasy, he pulls out his favorite ice cream topping and sits it in his work area. "Done!" Feeling a bit relieved he goes to the next task at hand, he then butters his baking pans. Next was the cake batter, grabbing the flour, he drops it and the bag busts making flour go all over the kitchen. He shakes what flour that is on him off and grabs another bag. "I'll clean that up later..." Gather the rest of the ingredients, he starts mixing it all up. When he was done he stopped and realized it was too thick, looking back over his ingredients, double-checking each one he didn't know if he'd missed any. He noticed the eggs and opened them but there was nothing but cracked eggs. Asta scratched his chin and decided that it was better just to continue on with the rest. Looking at what was next he decided to skip the cooking step as he could control fire and could easily cook this cake in no time. Up next was frosting, his favorite. Taking his butter, cocoa, sugar, and heavy cream, he starts whisking them all together. He looked at it and realized it was not as smooth as he wanted so he decided to use his fire to heat up the bowl a bit to make it a little warmer, a whisk after that he was now satisfied. Smiling to himself he worked on cooking the cake next. After a while, he realizes the cake should be done by now and decides to let everything cool. Asta walks out of the kitchen and goes to bug his friend, Egg. She's off eating sweethearts and picking out all the gross ones.
     "Hey Egg! Guess what I'm making!" She shrugs and looks at him.
   "Idk are you making a mess? I'm pretty sure I smelt chocolate earlier. Are you burning peanut butter cups again??" She looks at him, questioning him.
  He blows a raspberry "Pffft that was one time... but no. I'm baking a chocolate cake!" Egg's ears perk up and she gets excited.
  "Can I have some??" He shakes his head no.
  "It's for my new friend/boss Mr Churro!. He needs a helping paw in making cakes so I figured I would bake him a cake for him." 
  "Make me one next!" Her ears droop as she whines at him.
  Chuckling, he walks off to finish his cake. Taking the cake of the freezer, he gets his cake platter and starts putting it all together. Chocolate syrup, cake, chocolate syrup, icing, chocolate syrup, cake, chocolate syrup, icing, and then lastly he adds mini chocolate chips. Admiring his work he decided it needed more syrup so he added some drippies off the side with the last of the syrup. "Man, I hope 3 bottles of syrup is enough," he thought to himself as he looked at his cake. Egg had just walked in as he was done and commented on how nice it looked at how messy the kitchen was.
    "Oh yeah! I forgot to mention earlier, that I used the last of the eggs, and the milk and stuff have gone bad. I forgot to take the old stuff out. I think the cooler is broken" she told him. Asta looked at her in disbelief and sighed.
      "Well great, now I can't give this to Mr Churro..."

Bonus bonus: This was so fun.
udderchaos_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:41 pm

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id fruitbat 272407
Bonus: no time today, sorry!
PD Baking: Plato
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beetleb0nes » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 pm

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id beetleb0nes + 1070966
Bonus:
Popcorn wandered into the bakery, bright and early for his shift. He couldn’t wait to help Mr Churro out! Cooking and baking had always been some of his favourite things and now he gets to help out the community doing them? Sign him up!!
He was immediately assaulted by a haze in the air and a sneezing fit. He pulled his mane over his nose and took in the scene. The bakery was completely covered in flour! He flapped his little wings, clearing some of the flour out of the air. He blinked, once, twice, before signing and grabbing the paper towels, broom and vacuum cleaner. Looks like he’s going to have to wait a little longer to start baking…
After an hour or so, he had successfully returned the bakery to a somewhat tidy state.. Hey, give him a break! he’s good at baking, not cleaning! He returned all the cleaning supplies to the cupboard he found them in, and grinned. “Finally, it’s time!”, he thought.
He started grabbing supplies to make the BEST cake this bakery had ever seen! He pulled out the electric mixer and his measuring spoons and turned the oven on to preheat. Whistling a tune, he greased up his pans ready. He couldn’t wait to impress Mr Churro with his cake! Then, he moved over to the pantry, and filled his front legs with ingredients. Vanilla extract, sprinkles, butter, sugar, eggs, jam, cream, and… uh oh.
Flour.
There was a thud, and the air turned white. Once the air settled, Popcorn was standing there, coated completely white, blinking in the middle of the kitchen. The torn flour sack sagged miserably on the floor.
Then, the back door opened. Mr Churro was back.
Popcorn sighed heavily, and got his best puppy eyes ready to explain himself. Today was going to be a very, very long day.

PD Baking: Popcorn

Just over 300 words! That took me AGES lol
─────𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐄──────
──────𝑱𝑼𝑺𝑻
───❥───────
toyhou.se - trade thread
ImageImage
───𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒
percy - they/them + neos - adult - vampire
my special interest is mcr. i love vampires,
queer microlabels, collecting, music and
videogames.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
beetleb0nes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Exitium » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:59 am

Theres flour everywhere!
Exitium + 626371
Bonus:
Patty Bark excitedly steps forward, offering to assist with the baking. She's quite experienced with baking, even though she mostly makes sweets and chocolate in her own shop. On her own time, she does enjoy baking different kinds of bread and other foods (in a timely manner, not all at once, of course). Helping out Mr. Churro is like a dream come true- a well needed break from her own Valentines Day prepping in her busy shop. Her employees could handle the workload for today without her, she made sure of it. She trusts the plate dragons with her entire shop.

Following Mr. Churro, she prepared by washing her paws, cleaning up carefully before assisting with the baking. You can't have a dirty plate dragon contaminating the food, after all! "I'm ready to work, Mr. Churro! Thank you for inviting me to assist you today~ It's wonderful to be out of my shop for the day. Valentines week has the plate dragons going absolutely feral for our free samples." Patty sighed, looking over at the plate dragon. "What do I need to do first?" Patty questioned, ready to do anything. She wasn't quite expecting the answer to be "Use the broom and clean the surfaces first, Patty dear". Hiding her disappointment, she got to work. Today would be a long, but most likely happy day. [225 words]

PD Baking: Patty Bark
................exitium
.....discord: @mortemius

................Image

.............ImageImage

ImageImageImage
Exitium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby freybugg » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:08 am

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id freybugg 415187
Bonus:
Blythe hates baking. Of all the types of food creation, its the one that can be messed up so easily! And Blythe always gets so nervous when it comes to making anything, much less something with so many steps! Are they getting the order right? The amount of each ingredient? Oh, its terrible! Blythe grabs the flour off the shelf, and feels the corner of the paper bag crumble under their paw. Flour falls onto their face, and they sneeze a cloud of flour into the kitchen. Frantically, Blythe places the bag of flour into the baking bowl, a line of spilled flour left in its wake. So much to clean, and they have not even measured anything yet!
After cleaning the mess, they look back at the bag of flour, tail swishing. Should they put the flour into a new bag? They don't think they have any. Maybe a box? They grab the bag of flour, placing it into the only plastic container they could find. Well, that would do for now, they suppose. They finally grab the measuring cup, and get ready to get the actual amount of flour, when they realize they con't even remember how much that was! Two cups? 1/2 cups? five? Oh geeze.
PD Baking: Blythe
DACS CharactersToyhouse
Previously komodo. & ~RedWolf~
freybugg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me