Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

*.✧ seraphillons ✧.* by rainboxys

Artist rainboxys [gallery]
Time spent 15 hours, 8 minutes
Drawing sessions 21
36 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

*.✧ seraphillons ✧.*

Postby rainboxys » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:06 pm

What are Seraphillons?

Pronounced ser-aff-ee-yon, Seraphillons are a special subset of borzoi blessed by angelic beings. Unique to this species is a fur tail that grows in the shape of butterfly (or moth) wings. These tails may take on the Lepidopteran species’ colorations as well, but not necessarily. This shape is also not confined to currently discovered Earth species but can be any possible imagined lepidopteran. Papillonidae or Swallowtail is the most commonly occurring tail shape. Additionally, most Seraphillons, or Phis (pronounced fees), have at least two or more sets of wings. It is possible for them to have less or more, and they may be attached to any area of the Seraphillon. Wings instead of ears is most common, as well as one set being on the torso. These wings may be birdlike, insectlike, batlike, or other fantasy wings, such as dragons or hybrid.

As a whole, Seraphillons are quite small in size. They are no more than 8 inches tall (20cm) and weigh around 5 lbs or less. They are extremely fast and have a high metabolism, but prefer to primarily eat honey and other sweets left by humans on windowsills. Seraphillons can be found hiding most commonly in well-maintained flower gardens, either in flower bushes or hiding in dense ground cover.

It is said the best way to communicate with a Phi is through their Seravice, which is a mysterious piece of technology that appears whenever a Phi draws close to humans. It mostly functions as a translator for the Phi’s angelic language. Sometimes, if a Phi is less trusting, you may have to earn the right to this device.

trait rules

Most modifications are allowed, within reason.
      You can add essentially anything you want to a Seraphillon. However, the tail must remain moth or butterfly-shaped. They must also have ears. At a minimum, they must have wings for ears OR two pairs of wings somewhere else on their body. If you're uncertain on an acceptable tail shape, or otherwise would like trait approval just to ensure no changes are needed, the Discord is the best place to ask. You may also PM me on ChickenSmoothie.

One page of examples of tails.

Excessive body horror is not allowed.
      This adopt posted on ChickenSmoothie is a prime example of something that would not be allowed in Phis. While I want to cultivate a community that is as creative and free as possible, I would like to avoid most graphic horror and themes. That being said, if you would like to make a scary Seraphillon, or otherwise use horror themes, I can discuss with you privately your particular concepts and whether or not they will be permitted.

semi-custom roll list

for any competition offering a semi-custom seraphillon with edits applied, the following list may be used. pre-selected traits are also okay, it is up to the artist's preference.

1. secondary tail
      any non-sentient tail from any species; does not replace butterfly tail
    2. chimera
      sentient second tail, can be snake, tailmouth, etc., does not replace butterfly tail
    3. animal ears
      can be of any species, artist's choice, no roll needed for species; phi must have 2 sets of wings elsewhere on the body
    4. 1-5 horns
    5. scales
      can be of any scaled species and cover up to 50% of the body (fish, lizard, dragon, bird legs, etc)
    6. halo
      can surround any body part, multiple ok
    7. gem embed
      can be located anywhere on the body in one centralized part
    8. hair
      any length or style, including mane change
    9. companion
      can be any creature or inanimate object given sentience
    10. floral or plant growth
    11. extra sets of eyes (up to 6 eyes)
    12. extra set of legs (front or back)
    13. sleipnir (8 legs total)
    14. elemental powers/morph
      secondary roll: 1- fire, 2- water, 3- electricity/glitch, 4- earth/rock, 5- metal, 6- ice, 7- darkness, 8- light/stars, 9- blood, 10-wind, 11-combustion/explosion
    15. transparent body parts
      secondary roll: 1- neck, 2- chest, 3- vapor tail trail
    16. mermaid
      legs and tail only, caudal fin must be butterfly shape
    17. multiple heads
      2-3 maximum
    18. exposed bone
      any body part ok but must be located in one part
    19. alternate feet
      can be of any species but does not include scales more than the feet (hooves, rat, bird, raptor, etc. ok)

affiliates

to be added, please pm if you would like to affiliate!

our icon for affiliation:

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4884538][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=4173256&size=large&format=png&rev=1692063399[/img][/url]

rainboxys wrote:
rules

Community Guidelines

Seraphillon Adoption Center is a safe place for all people.

Bigotry is not allowed in any form. This includes, but is not limited to homophobia, transphobia, acephobia, panphobia, racism, anti-Semitism, islamophobia, and so forth. Bigoted behavior will merit you two strikes on the first infraction and a ban with a second infraction.

All rights to Seraphillons reserved.
      I understand there are similar species, but I reserve the sole right to ownership of the lore and all content produced for the use of this species. This does not include ownership of any fan-produced content, such as art made of characters within the species owned by a member of the community.

3 strikes and you're out.
      Infractions will receive a warning, or if severe enough, a species ban. 3 strikes result in a species ban.

Mind your manners.
      Don't be rude to other users, whine about losing a competition, et cetera. Please don’t mini-mod or talk over staff answering questions. Poor behaviour may warrant a strike or species ban. Really, just be nice to other community members and staff. That’s all I’m asking here.

No COPPA users.
      Because COPPA users' posts have to be approved by site staff, this may create undesirable results when judging competitions. Additionally, our species utilizes Discord and you must be 13, as per their Terms of Service.

Non-owners will be favored for the first 100 adopts.
      You may own an unlimited amount of Seraphillons, however, once you win one, non-owners with a similarly competitive form will be chosen over your form.

You cannot make your own without a MYO slot.
      Most competitions will be focused on development of a character within the Seraphillon world. However, sometimes you can purchase a premade Phi outright or a MYO slot.

Out of every four adopts, one will be for sale via offer to adopt, auction, or flatsale. This is a ratio of paid to unpaid, not so much a hard rule about adopt numbers, etc.
      In accordance with ChickenSmoothie rules, c$ and valuable pets will be accepted. However, it is up to the individual artist as to whether they will accept USD, other offsite forms of payment, or art, in exchange for their designs and whether or not they value other forms of payment more highly and preferentially to ChickenSmoothie payments. Please see the “Staff Perks” section regarding more information on this rule.

Trade, Design Creation/Edit and Ownership Rules

You may not sell Seraphillons for more than you purchased them for, excepting added art value.
      Art of your adopt is allowed to increase its value. However, you must add only commissioned art’s purchase value and no more. If you produce the art you are adding to the value of the character, you must first post an appraisal request in the Discord or related CS thread before it may be considered. Premade Seraphillons may also be traded for other species items, Sundew, c$, CS pets and so forth, in accordance with the character’s value.

If you receive or win an adopt for free and it has no art, it should be traded only for other premade characters.

Until further notice, new Sundew is only found or earned through species participation or by trading with other users.
      Regarding Sundew or species-specific item trades, it is only permitted to trade them for c$, CS pets, and other Seraphillon items. You may use the #seraphillon-market thread in the Discord or the approved thread on the ChickenSmoothie Forums. Please see the "Staff Perks" section regarding MYO ticket sales/trades.

You can edit designs you own as long as the design stays recognizably similar to the original (at least 70% similar to original design) AND you have the artist's permission.
      All changes to the designs must be approved by the original artist, as well as myself. Participation in species lore is optional as well: you can choose to adopt a design and not participate in the species/world, if you so choose. However, there are incentives planned for species participation.

If a pre-existing IP is used as inspiration, the adopt must look at most 30% similar to the original design.
      This means you may not recreate characters from television shows, comics, books, et cetera directly as Seraphillons and must use only loose inspiration, such as sampling from a color palette, symbology, clothing or hairstyles. Media must be Safe for CS in order to be sampled from. Please ask permission before making a MYO from a pre-existing IP.

If you are no longer interested in your Seraphillon, you may readopt them out to the community or gift them to someone else, so long as the recipient is not banned from the community. Please notify a staff member so the competition can be publicly advertised with other open adopts.
      You must choose a winner for the readoption within 30 days of the deadline. If you are unable to do so, users are encouraged to notify Seraphillon Staff in order for a winner to be chosen by a Staff Member. Readoptions must be held in public, on the ChickenSmoothie Forums.

Seraphillons are tradeable from the moment you are awarded one or your MYO is approved. However, they cannot be bred until at least one week from ownership. Additionally, they are only capable of breeding once every 3 months.

If you get banned from the species or are blocked by me, you are allowed to keep your adopts but will no longer be able to participate in species spaces, such as the fanclub or Discord Server, or acquire further species assets.

I reserve the right to make changes to the rules at any time, as needed.
Last edit: February 28, 2024
Last edit reason: Updated trade rules to add clarification for items & trading

strikes and warnings

none yet! let's keep it that way

staff list

owner and jack of all trades
rainboxys 604943

artists
LavenderRain 829208
ruptures 1047464
twilispark 1027995

more may be added, as time goes on.

staff perks

Staff are allowed to sell 1 of every 4 adopts they make in Offer-to-Adopt or auction format. This adopt must be the fourth of four that they have made. You may also "save up" these paid slots and do gacha batches, etc. with them. In example of calculation, say rainboxys makes 6 adopts. It has earned two paid slots to create, which may be sold at any point after these adopts are made.

Staff are awarded 1 MYO ticket for every 4 adopts they make, which they are allowed to sell, use, gift, et cetera, at their own discretion without consideration of it as a paid staff perk slot.

Undesigned MYO ticket sales are permitted but must not exceed a total of $20 usd. For the purpose of our rules, this is equivalent to 380 c$. Individually imposed values on C$ to USD are not considered for this valuation. There is no value minimum or maximum imposed on premade design OTA/auctions.
Last edited by rainboxys on Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:01 am, edited 46 times in total.
rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: seraphillons WIP

Postby Taxidea » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:15 pm

Say sighthound and I come running!! Big 'ole mark!
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby twilispark » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:28 pm

DUDE . MARK
ImageImage
stormie ✧ any pronouns ✧ adult
th<3
twilispark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlueEyedKite » Fri Aug 04, 2023 6:07 am

Taxidea wrote:Say sighthound and I come running!! Big 'ole mark!

Same! Give me the borzoi :clap:
Characters.Toyhouse. Dreamwalkers.Image
ImageWriting Contest >> Here<<
avatar by shalusky MM stamp by hellevi
BlueEyedKite

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:11 pm

stares
x

leah - college student - adult
ven nilla bats racc star
"like the ocean finds the shore,

xxxxxi'll always find you"
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starry Night » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:17 am

borzoi!! my favorite huge little noodle dogs

I'm sorry if I disappear
I swing in and out of
being able to be active

Trade Thread

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 24 people.
I have received 18 gifts.

missing complete lineart collections wrote:Looking for August PPS Lion!!
looking for Fennec Fox! missing 16 ♡
looking for Chickens! missing 2 ♡
looking for Deer! missing 5 ♡
looking for PPS Squid! missing 3 ♡
looking for Store Dragons! missing 11♡
(minus UR too hard to get ^^)
Starry Night

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *.✧ seraphillons ✧.* MYO event live!

Postby rainboxys » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:48 am

a couple of community updates!

the discord is now live! please join for community events, easy access to staff for questions and more! click for invite

the opening MYO event is now live! click to view
each user is allowed one MYO. please read the first post for limitations on edits.
bats // it/its // adult

my personal characters
are not up for sale or trade.

find me elsewhere @ rainboxys
discord: somnacanth
commission TOS

rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *.✧ seraphillons ✧.* MYO event + discord live!

Postby Fawntura » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:21 am

Mark!
╭━━━━━━━━╮

𐂃
𐂃
𐂃
𐂃
𐂃
𐂃
𐂃

╰━━━━━━━━╯

Hi You can call me Fawn or Ace! I currently own VW's & NSW's!
My DMs are always open!
My Commissions for MYOs, Customs and art pieces
Are Open! Just Shoot me a DM!

ImageImageImageImage
Fawntura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mothha » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:51 am

marky

jonah • he • adult
art © wafflecat
icon © aremisu
th<3
mothha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ruptures » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:43 am

MARKKKK
ruptures

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me