Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[0182.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:22 pm

SHADED HOLLOW !!
    x( divantae archive last post )

Like the ruckus of a blacksmith’'s abode, the clash and clatter of metal clanged, a ceaseless chime.

The tang of copper tinted the breeze as the stranger rummaged through her wagon, gold and bronze curls a wild, tangled mess. Colorful bits and bobbles toppled from the wagon’s sides, jade and ruby pendants pooling in silver coils at her muddied paws. They shimmered and glistened, catching the snatches of sunlight through parting clouds.

"Aha!" A little grin creased her lips as she brandished a hooked blade, the silver glinting in a wicked smile. Obsidian spikes dashed with scarlet rubies crested the top of the wooden handle, shooting off in harsh, haphazard angles. A scythe. “Here, catch!" (+1 uncommon edit from furzetuft!)

She lunged, the weight of the weapon-like tool barelling into her paws. "Wait, I━"

"Hawksbeard!"

A shriek rose, piercing, as a bundle of carnelian curls tumbled from his mount. Dirt flew, a fierce flury of pebbles and dust as Lionbloom raked at his curls, battling an invisible force. And just out of reach, beetles hung down his back, their long, snapping pinchers snared around tangled tufts of fur.

Behind him, the rooster stomped, crushing a fallen dandelion with a soft crooning chuckle.

"Oh, he got you! He got you good!" The twinkle in Birchspot’s eyes gleamed like the sheen of a copper coin, alight with mirth. He chortled, doubled over as his friend pranced around, trying to shake off the tiny bugs. Wheezing, he dragged a ragged breath in, composing himself.

"Here, allow me,” smothering another chuckle, he plucked a dangling beetle off, “Just look at this greedy thing. It wants its leaf and your precious fur.” (+1 broom, +1FP beetle, +1 FP beetle, +1FP beetle, +1FP beetle, +1FP beetle)

She sighed, gaze flitting back to the stranger. “Once again, I’m truly sorry about those━”

“That━ that herb!” With a soft gasp, the stranger jolted forward. Her gold eyes widened, long lashes accentuating the darker flecks within. She flicked through a loose page of parchment, the pages rustling. “It’s a perfect specimen! My friend studies herbs and my goodness, she’d love to see that one more closely.” Her brows rose, a sheepish smile lifting her features. “I think another trade’s in order… if I can interest you in anything?”

Furzetuft has requested another trade! She'd like one herb in exchange for another
    trinket of hers! Does the patrol accept the trade or turn it down?

xx
    totals

xx+00% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ lionbloom (0% hunger), ivyflurry (0% hunger),
    xxxxxbirchspots (0% hunger), sweetsap (0% hunger)

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +40XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +15XP for npc quest
    xxxxxx+5XP for prey, +1XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+1FP beetle, +1 FP beetle, +1FP beetle, +1FP beetle, +1FP beetle
    xx+1 broom

xxitem finds (from furzetuft!)
    xxxx↳ +1 uncommon edit

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +71XP → level 0 (154/100XP) → level 1 (54/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (of your choice) and +50 stardust!
    x
    notes: n/a, but thank you so much, ahh! you're so sweet!! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Adamented » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:33 am

┌────────────┐
[x]
Gladewood

last post // last reply
[x]
xxxxxxxxx[x]

credits,, [x][x]
└────────────┘
┌────────────┐
Image Patrolxxxxx
xxxxxMembers
Harja [x]
he/him | 100% HP | 0% HUP | Sick/ N
Leijona [x]
she/her | 100% HP | 0% HUP | Sick/ N

Image Activexxxxx
xxxxxQuests
-
Image Itemxxxxx
xxxxxUses
-
Image Inventory
prey
grass frog [1FP] // x1
cotton mouse [1FP] // x3
herbs
elder leaves // x1
juniper berries // x1
lovage // x1
chervil // x1

Image Experience
[37/200 XP]
level 1

└────────────┘

Exploration #03
[x]

Death // Custom Prey // Level
No
xx.xxxxxx [x] xxxxxxxxx 1x

They had reached the barn at last, thankfully under the cool cover of night. There was a time there where it was looking risky, Leijona felt a surge of pride warm her body and tingle deep in her paws as she looked back to Harja. The lilac tom was clearly exhausted, anyone could tell, but he still held his head high and attempted to push forward. Onward, onward, even though they had reached safe haven he couldn't accept that it was over for now. Their journey had been long and hard, she could feel the bond that they had grew stronger in his first trial as a Gladerunner. There would have to be a celebration, a reward for all his hard work and perseverance. An airy trill of admiration shivered in her heart, though the feeling was familiar and invigorating, she stifled it with a grimace.

Leijona's feelings had a habit of mixing themselves up, her priorities could never again become twisted. Though her respect and endearment towards Harja had grown many times over their travel together, what they were to one another was a clear and strict line. His forty eight moons short of her were enough to drive a wedge between them in experience and in that loss of time to train and experience the world, there were many horrors from which Harja had been spared. Their original home, with its ancient trees and dense canopy blocking away all the light and surrounding them in humidity, it was all gone now. Left far behind.

Harja had been there before, the Gladewood they had called home for generations upon generations, but with regret they had to both acknowledge that they would likely be the last generation to have seen it. The fear and the panic of that time hung heavily on all their hearts still, even the young wanderers who had only known a life of long travel with no real home to call theirs for any extended period of time could tell there was a heavy sorrow on the backs and hearts of their peers and their elders. Harja could see the confusion and frustration that it gave them to be unable to share in the hurt of their mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, and others. The Gladewood had only been his home for a short time but for him it had been like destiny calling, beckoning him closer and closer still until he stumbled upon his found family. The Wanderers, under the guiding halo of Myistera's brilliant silver moonlight.

Dawn would break any moment, even as he made eye contact with Leijona's stunning and intense dual colored eyes, he could feel there was more energy left in him. It wouldn't have been good to push himself any further, even though he'd caught a kind of second wind. His paws were still torn up and his whole body was sore, if he didn't tend to himself there would be a significant chance of infection. Yet, still, Harja felt incredibly restless. There had been a close call with the kittens in the snow and he couldn't help but feel that even this place, cozy and filled with old dried hay and untouched, long rusted away and diminished equipment, wasn't truly safe for them.

Harja broke their eye contact, whiskers twitching with the icy nervousness that crawled down his spine and turned his back to the Grand Huntress. His tail gave away his concern, swaying back and forth leisurely but the tip twitched occasionally. They were in an impression in the ground of the barn, it was surrounded by low walls and there was no door or gate at the three foot gap between the walls to hold in whatever animal might have once been there, the space was instead cluttered at the edges with storage, and old musty hay bales were shoved against the entryway. These kinds of obstacles didn't prevent them from getting in and out, rather provided them the surfaces and steps to climb up and over the walls, with an open space in the center of the impression where they could gather and hiding spots and alcoves they could sleep in. Harja shuffled his feet and settled into a deep crouch, bunching his hind legs and pushing all the strength in his muscles down into his hind paws, he shot forward and upward towards the stacked crates. For the others it was best to take one leap at a time but he'd trained himself to leap great length and heights in the time he was in the Gladewood, trained his balance so that he could traverse the trees and find nests with ease.

Now, such a powerful trajectory brought his right up to the faded white painted lip of the wall, his hind claws barely scraping away a bit of the red paint on the wood below as he pushed his weight onto the ledge. It was narrow, but luckily he wasn't too heavy or widely built, his muscles more lean. They shifted under his sleek, soft coat of pale cream and deep lilac, carefully Harja prowled around the perimeter of the stall until he reached a diagonal wooden beam. His tiny needle like claws dug into the coarse old wood and it groaned under him, it's integrity seemed well enough for him to make his way up. Harja kept his belly low to the wood until he reached the height of a window in the barn. It was only a small one, comparatively to the others, but there was plenty space for him and he deftly hopped over to its sill without any trouble. Swiveling grey ears caught the sound of fluttering outside, then swirled around again to catch the slight groan of wood from inside the barn.

Company quickly joined him, a dappled red and rich chocolate coat with a familiar fluffy mane and tufted tail, he could feel a slight bubble of irritation as the intimidating figure pushed onto the ledge with him. It felt a bit like being watched over by an overbearing mother, it felt a bit like she was calling him incompetent, that she had to constantly keep a narrowed eye in his direction. The trial was over, wasn't it? He'd rather at this point just be alone to tolerate his exhaustion and his lingering jitters.

"I can tell you're not ready to settle down," Leijona's warm tone flows out of her maw with a thick puff of an icy cloud, "why don't we patrol the near area? Perhaps we will be lucky and find a prey settling nearby." Despite his initial irritate thoughts, Harja is comforted by her words and feels the pent up frustrated energy eb from him.

"Is this part of it?" He inquired, keeping his tone even, serene blue eyes staring out over the snow and the mess they had made clambering through it that lead down to the barn. He can see the smile form on her face, the honey like melt in her eyes.

"No. It was just the journey. You're going to make an incredible Gladerunner, Harja." Leijona pressed her nose to his shoulder in an action of comfort and congratulation, amused by his readiness to prove himself further. "You've proved all that you've needed to. Now, we can relax, and with some luck and Myistera on our side, celebrate with a hearty feast, yeah?"

Harja can't help but perk up at the idea- at this point, he knows the Gladehunters are already back out there hunting for prey further from the barn where they won't draw too much attention from predators or strangers to the barn. Just two of them shouldn't catch too much awareness, he thought, and nodded in response to Leijona's suggestion. "You're right. I could eat a whole eagle all on my own right now!" He purred, pressing his nose to Leijona's shoulder as a return of her respect once she drew away. He could feel her pushing forward towards the edge of the sill, tail and flank high in the air and shoulders low as the balanced on the chipped sill, he shifted away to give her space and watched as Leijona's tufted tail tip flicked upward in her leap.

She landed on the top of a fence post below, some ways forward with perfect balance and stepped down to the plank that connect it to the next splintering post. She was truly remarkable, a warm excitement bubbled deep in his belly. He couldn't believe he was lucky enough to be personally trained by her, to join her side hunting tonight and to serve her so closely from now on. He had relied on Leijona so much in the past many moons they'd known one another, it wasn't so much time compared to the rest of their lifetime but he felt the deep unending desire to impress and to repay her. Swiftly Harja followed after her, mimicking the same perch and pounce she had demonstrated. He landed short, hitting the beam that came before the fence post instead and could feel his balance shift off so he instead put the momentum into a leap down onto the ground, his paws crunched through the foot of snow, it splashed up into his face and wet his whiskers and nose.

Harja let out a disgruntled snort, heat of embarrassment flooding his whole body when he heard the bell like tinkling of Leijona's laugh, warm and pleasant from above. "Come on. We'll circle around the fence perimeter of this area and see if any prey are using the left over structures as shelter. You'll get it next time." They'd have some time for practice- after many, many sun cycles of trekking, they'd be staying in the barn for a moon cycle at least. To rest, recover, and build up resources for their next trip. They might wait out the cold season, but it was more likely they'd leave at the first earth molt- when the snow melted away for the first time. The weather might be poor again after that, but it wouldn't persist the way it did in the deepest times of the Winter.

"I meant to do that, it was just..." Harja stuttered, leaping out of the snow onto the lower beam of the fence, Leijona dipping her head from above him to observe, amusedly, as he shook the flecks of white from his pelt, "...I didn't think the snow was that deep. That's all." Harja can tell in her gaze from his peripheral that she doesn't believe him, but her infectious smile lifts his spirits. She'd kept her head down the whole time until they got here, he was more than happy to uplift her as well. He turned away from her to focus on the task at hand. The perimeter wasn't gigantic or anything, but it was quite a large birth from the barn. The fence they were carefully trotting their way down met the edge of the barn, about midway down the side. It had two large doors on either side, both were closed with iron-y smelling rusted chains and locks, but they'd found a crack in the barn where they could get in with some effort. The fence branched out from the barn and met with another fence that circled the whole field around the barn, the wood beams separated it into two separate areas. Likely it had something to do with the animals kept there, there seemed to be absolutely pointless painted round wooden beams held on frames in the middle of one of the two halves of the field.

"If you see anything, signal to me, I'm going to drop below." And with that, Leijona was gone into the frosty depths below him, beyond his eye line.

[ 1,963 words ]

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
AdamAddie
he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
[ MY STUFF ]
the gladewood
CLs / buzzies / wermz

[ LINKS ]
ImageImage @adamented

Art T.o.S.

[ SUPPORT SELECT BY RARITY ]
thread
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArtMajor » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:09 pm

b r e a kImage
b r e a k
xxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxx
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Two new cats. Two more added to Smokeclan's rank. So why was there a bitter
sensation boiling deep within Smokestar? It wasn't because of Mochaswirl. The
energetic former-loner was a welcome addition to the clan. She had eagerly
agreed to Smokeclan's mission, and Smokestar knew he could trust her. But then
there was Cloverleaf.

Once a cat Smokestar had known, during his over-extended apprenticeship,
Tumblecreek had brought Cloverleaf to camp during the night, having found the
lost she-cat stumbling through the woods. She was a cat Smokestar had formed a
shaky friendship with. She never stood up for him, but she had also never hurt him.

And now here she was, familiar soft cloth tied about her neck, her quiet oceanic
scent wafting from her fur. But there was something new about her, something
that tied her to Smokeclan in a way Smokestar never could have foreseen.

"I got sick," Cloverleaf said in a quiet voice. "Really, sick. Hickorymoon said he'd
never seen anything like it." her tone was defeated, and Smokestar imagined that
her short tail was brushing tightly against her legs. "And-" her voice hitched. "And
when I finally got better well, he said I would never see again."

It was an ironic twist of fate that had befallen one of Shellstar's best warriors. The
clan that had allowed the leader's cruel treatment of blind little smokepaw, one of
their warrior's sight was now stripped forever.

It couldn't have been a coincidence that Smokestar had caught whiff of starscent just
moments before Tumblecreek and Cloverleaf had arrived. He had let the she-cat into
his camp, and now he had to decide if she could stay. Smokestar's ear flicked and he
tilted his head skyward. If there was anything Starclan wanted to warn him of, now
would be the time.

After several moments of silence, Smokestar sighed, and stretched out one paw,
carefully brushing it against one of Cloverleaf's forelegs. "Stay here, for the rest
of the day. You're likely still weak from your illness, and we don't have anyone
trained in healing. We're going to go on patrol, stay in the den, don't try and leave
camp. If this is a trick, then I swear by Starclan Cloverleaf, you will die."

Cloverleaf's paw fidgeted away from Smokestar for a half-beat, before she pressed
it into his in return. "Thank you Smokep-" a rustle of fur. "Smokestar. Thank you,
Smokestar. And don't worry. I don't know how I survived long enough to cross
the Stone Walls."

Smokestar couldn't stop the small smile from falling across his muzzle. "Tomorrow
I'll start teaching you how to get around without your sight. There's a lot more to
this world than the seeing would believe. And there's a lot that you can only see,
when your sight is closed off."

Smokestar rose to his paws, and turned to exit the den. "Someday, the cats who
refuse to see will be gone Cloverleaf. Shellstar will die, whether by my claws or
not. But the cats of this island will all learn what true sight really is."

With that said, Smokestar left the den, and padded into the warm sunlight, calling
for the other warriors and leading them out of the camp.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[ word count ]

↳ 537 words
cats on patrol [4/6]
smokestar (he/him) | 100% HP | 10% HUP
↳ Healthy | Naturally Blind |
honeyroot (she/her) | 100% HP | 10% HUP
↳ Healthy |
tumblecreek (he/him) | 100% HP | 10% HUP
↳ Healthy |
mochaswirl (she/her) | 100% HP | 0% HUP
↳ Healthy |

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r
b r e a k s p a c e r

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
level
↳ 1 [ 56/200 xp ]

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
active quests
↳ none [ info ]

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
asst. info
not opted into death
no custom food

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
xxxxxxxx
inventory
prey
↳ scraps | 1 FP | x1
↳ small fish | 2 FP | x1
↳ water vole | 2 FP | x1
↳ prey | 3 FP | x0
↳ prey | 3 FP | x0
↳ rabbit | 4 FP | x1

herbs pt 1
↳ deathberries | x1
↳ bindweed | x1
↳ horsetail | x2
↳ honey | x1
↳ fennel

xxxxxxxx
░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────────────────────────
artmajor ✧ she/her ✧ graphic design student

mainly here to stalk the art boards but I
may wander around the rest too, see you
if I see you

toyhou.se
──────────────────────────────────────
ArtMajor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 001. [july explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:44 am

xxETERNALOUTCXST'S CLANxx
xx
words exp: 50 exp
add. exp: 15 exp --
food+herb exp: 10 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp --
death opt exp: no
total exp: 85 exp -
████

─────────────────────────────────────────
the eternities beyond were adorned with the bewitching essence of sleepless nights and goodbyes… goodbyes never spoken. goodbyes that were never sung to the angel that had always watched over her shoulder.

sootstar.
the queen of her heart. the queen of duskflame’s heart.

the radiant aura of her luminescent eyes never seemed to fade… eyes reminiscent of twin embers and fabricated with the essence of dying, vermillion stars.
powerful. lovely. beautiful.
such blessings bestowed upon her queen and the feathered ones that once ruled the heavens and beyond.
(+5fp [eagle], +5fp [eagle], +10exp)

“there’s something this way!”

startling as the kiss of lilac curls against her skin, the woody dales seemed to shiver at the soft lullaby of footsteps against the earth below.
a lullaby that reminded her of the quest softly beckoning… crooning at her to follow.

“do you see him?” with a voice stolen from a songbird… beautiful and bewitching, desperation had delicately seeped into the stranger’s voice. “d-do you see gorcegorge?”

“i don’t think he’s here, furzetuft.. i think-”

“oh- wait!! i see something!” morninglit curls prancing once more as a frolicing shadow flickers a little ways beyond, she danced forwards… a bounce in her step. “i can’t believe it- it’s gorcegorge’s sister! i’ll be back all of you… just hang tight!”
and… she never was.
leaving only a trail of stardust and constellations… twinkling ever-so softly against the foundations of reality.
(+50 stardust, +1 common edit, +15exp for quest completed!)

“i don’t think furzetuft is coming back.” soft murmurs echoed as the dulcet lilt of eveningspirit’s voice soothed the hush that had fallen over the patrol. “let’s head ba-”

no.

“wait!” rancid and starless as if a wingless angel had descended unto the earth, reality seemed to shrivel as gnarled waves of carmine and crimson stained the shadows. taunting.
“a-a fox… i see a fox close by.”

(oh no! a fox has been scented within the clan’s borders! will the patrol confront the predator or ignore it?)

┌──────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 10 fpxxxxx herbs earned: no herbs earned </3xxxxx level: level 3 (11/100) -> level 3 (96/100)
items earned: +50sd, +1 common editxxxany free posts remaining? : zero postsxxxxx hunger: 10% for the entire patrol!

└──────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 002. [july explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:57 am

xxBIGFROG4231'S CLANxx
xx
words exp: 30 exp
add. exp: 75 exp --
food+herb exp: 8 exp
death opt exp: yes
total exp: 246 exp -
███████

all around him a labyrinth of dreams, stardust and wishes awaited… beckoning him close with twinkling etherealism and a touch of luck.

luck… such a strange thing- wasn’t it? like a dwindling moth cloaked with magic and eternal spells, it seemed like the fragile beast was dancing upon his shoulder. on snowtuft’s shoulder.

especially now.
(+4fp [greater prairie chicken], +1 [shrew], +5exp)

first… the little deal between him and ‘mr. tough guy’.
now… this.
“aha!” lips delicately braided into a smirk, scarlet wisps stained the ivory of his fangs as ashen feathers kissed the roses embracing the tip of his nose. “ohhh… mr. tough guy! look what i caught!”

a soft grumble lilted nearby… irritated as startling eyes adorned with the essence of flora and fauna caught his.
a tad… defeated? if the outsider would say so himself!

today was definitely on his side.
well… mostly.

dancing across a billowing meadow of turfs withering into a thousand shades of stardust and gold, the dappled passion of the morning’s warmth hardly relented as he descended into the shadows… desperate for a wink of shade.

it was far. too. hot.
(oh no! it seems like the hot weather was too much for snowtuft and now he’s sick! to prevent him from losing anymore health, he requires one of the following herbs: goatweed, rush, comfrey root or willowleaves!)

“you alright, son?” startling at the delicate drawl laced within the slur of an unfamiliar voice, moon-lit eyes greeted him… captivated with the essence of a fading twilight and all of it’s wonders.

“who might you be?” lips quirked into a rosy grin as tawny waves fluttered close, the stranger frolickedinto the shadows, shuffling close.

“ah.. a curious one, aren’t you?” grin matching his, the stranger reaches out… touch gentle as their ivory claws kissed his curls, ruffling them ever-so softly. “the name’s, fennel.. yours?”

“it’s snowtuft.”

“well… snowtuft, i actually saw your friends a little ways back!” moon-lit eyes fluttering close into a wink, the stranger sprawls out in the embrace of the shadows… seemingly delighted. “they are actually looking for you… believe it or not!”

“i wouldn’t exactly call them my friends but-”

“nonsence! we are all friends around here!” for a fraction of eternity… those strange, moon-lit eyes darkened, fading into a more serious tone as their gaze flutters to his. “and from one friend to another… take these herbs and get some rest- you are looking rather pale.”
(+1 dandelion, +1 catchweed, +1 borrage leaves, +3exp! fennel is here with an active quest! they would like you to make a cat choose to rest instead of hunt during a patrol (writer rolls for 1 less cat for FP and herbs, since one is asleep) ! please link this post in the active quest section of your explore posts as these quests may take a little longer to complete! once you’ve completed this quest, let the writer know in your post and fennel will be back to reward you with something!)

and as if he was lost in a daydream of constellations and falling morning stars, the stranger dwindled into the soft blush of the evening… footsteps light as if they were wandering upon a crescent moon.

they were gone.

┌───────────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 5fpxxxxx herbs earned: +1 dandelion, +1 catchweed, +1 borrage leavesxxxxx level: level 5 (47/650) -> level 5 (293/650)
items earned: n/axxxany free posts remaining? : zero postsxxxxx hunger: 10% for the entire patrol!

└───────────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 003. [july explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:12 am

xxl1LITHU'S HOUSECAT COMMUNITY !!xx
xx
words exp: 15 exp
add. exp: 15exp --
food+herb exp: 1 exp
total exp: 41 exp -
██

it was a nightmare… a curse breathed to life by a wingless angel.
such curses fathomed of roses, amaryllis and hazy daydreams. adorned with the glisten of ivory fangs stained gold in the dappled glory of the morning before-

no.

it as if her memories had become tequila, radiant with shades of vermillion and coral before ruining the eternal fog of every. single. one of her memories.
it was all too much.
the gnashing of slick fangs against her curls, the shrill symphony of an unfamiliar voice- begging for the lullaby of sweet sleep to wash the hurt away.
turns out… the voice was her own.

“c-can you hear me?”

“furzetuft?” a hoarse, lyrical cadence echoing in the hush that had fallen over reality, the ashen foundations of the world around seemed to rock beneath her curls… shivering as a soft gasp fluttered across her lips.

“furzetuft is not here right now…she left a little while ago.” the stranger’s gaze faltered for a moment. “she went out gathering herbs, and found some alderbark!”
(+1 alderbark, +1exp)

the stranger’s voice quieted. “she’s gone now… she had some business to attend to.”

she blinked. “who are you?”

“my name is gremlin.” gracing the stranger’s lips, rosy and delicate… a gentle grin creased gremlin’s features. “i- i just wanted to help you.”
with petals of stardust and amber tangled in tawny waves, the stranger shuffled close… hesitant. “i just wanted to put some of this… um- well it’s called ragwort- on your wounds.” a pause.“i- i mean… if you want of course.”

“y-yeah.. go ahead.” voice trembling ever-so slightly as a wince blossomed across her features, she swallowed, soft eyes darting to starry ones. “i- thank you, gremlin… for you know- helping me out?”

“it wouldn’t be like me to not help you… but of course.”

“so, i- i’ve been hearing rumours about you being leader of a community?” light-hearted and gentle, the question seemed delicate on her lips, seeping into reality like the tears of a weeping angel. “and if you were… i was wondering, since you’ve been so kind, if i could maybe become apart of the community? i would really love some company and i’d be so honoured if i could contribute to your clan.”
(thanks to gremlin’s kindness and generosity, furzetuft’s friend wants to become part of gremlin’s clan! [+1 common myo, +15exp for quest completed])

┌────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 0fpxxxxx herbs earned: +1 alderbarkxxxxx level: level 0 (57/100) -> level 0 (98/100)
items earned: +1common myoxxxany free posts remaining? : zero postsxxxxx hunger: 0% for the entire patrol!

└────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0183.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:22 pm

CLAN OF THE SEA BREEZE !!
    x( sha the sheep archive last post )

Snug within the packed dirt walls of its home, the little bandit hunkered down.

With a soft snort, it raked its slender claws along the sides of its burrow, fiddling with a pile of dried, azure berries and leaflets. Another snort. This time more harsh. Heavy. The silver and obsidian bands cresting its head flashed as it turned a slow circle, steps plodding.

Once, twice, thrice─

The creature's head hit the top of the burrow. Pebbles and chunks of fine dirt crumbled, a shower of muted colors, scattering upon the grumpy creature. With a grunt, its claws dashed against the burrow's side. More dirt, more pebbles, more mess.

“Did it see us?” Hawkfeather. Claws scraping against the ground, he shouldered on, pushing towards the front. His voice rasped, gravelly and solemn. “It's playing us. Before you know it, that beast will pounce. It’s coming, just watch.”

But his warning fell like a feather in an abyss, soundless and meaningless, void of any true threat.

The badger’s dark head lowered. With that, sleep swept in, sailing with gentle promises. And those sails blew to the rhythm of deep, even breaths, cradling promises of safety cloaked with a kiss of peace. If only for a time.

Yet the breeze still lingered, a soft brush against Nectarineswirl's cheeks, rolling and smooth. It didn’t stop, rolling aside the badger’s forgotten berries and sweet herbs until they nudged her paws. A gentle assurance to move on. (+1 juniper berries, +1 sorrel)

"You were saying?" Returning a look in Hawkfeather’s direction, she flashed a wry grin. “Unfortunately, it appears that your beast is… preoccupied at the moment. Perhaps best to save those claws for another time, hm?”
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ haywing (10% hunger), nectarineswirl (10% hunger), hawkfeather
    xxxxx(10% hunger), cinnamonbreeze (10% hunger), ternfeather (10% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +45XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +2XP for herbs,
    xxxxxx +110XP from quests (may-oct), +20XP from catvent

xx+ no prey </3
    xx+1 juniper berries, +1 sorrel

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +187XP → level 1 (300/200XP) → level 2 (100/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (of your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and +1 common edit!
    x
    notes: hello! i hope your day is going well! ^^

as for inventory conversions, you're absolutely on the right track! feel free to swap the 3FP minnow to something of equal value on your custom list (ex. fish, bird, pigeon or a rat) in your next explore post! a writer will reach out if something isn't quite right, but otherwise you're all set! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 004. [july explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:28 pm

xxADAMENTED'S GLADEWOOD !!xx
xx
words exp: 105 exp
add. exp: n/a --
food+herb exp: 3 exp
total exp: 118 exp -
████

and now… he was alone.
alone with the dancing windchimes suspended above a barn that seemed to rock to a lullaby sung by the winds. alone while intangible stars wept, their ivory tears spiraling into crystalline butterflies fathomed of ice and secrets.

he had never heard a silence so loud.
ethereal and serene as if the world had paused in its eternal orbit to relish in the chill of winter’s kiss … it was unsettling. it was as strange as the moon caving into itself each passing twilight. such a silence had found a way to settle into the ivory of his bones... unnerving him.

for the wind was a beast… a deadly one.
its dangerous beauty reflected upon the skies as it bellowed, its voice bold and breathtaking as the world seemed to fall apart at its boom that shattered the silence.
and though the wind was a deadly beast… it was also an angel, bestowing gifts and setting reality aglow with its halo.
(+1 willowleaf, +1exp)

“harja?” as radiant as ever, curls fathomed of dappled embers and dwindling, sequoia flames, divided the bitterness of solitude… greeting him with a passion beyond any other.

“leijona.” a pause. “i see you’ve caught something for our feast?”
(+2fp [rice rat], +2exp)

┌────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 2fpxxxxx herbs earned: +1 willow leavesxxxxx level: level 1 (37/200) -> level 1 (155/200)
items earned: n/axxxany free posts remaining? : zero postsxxxxx hunger: 0% for the entire patrol!

└────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0184.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:41 pm

SMOKECLAN !!
    x( artmajor archive last post )

“There he is!”

Like the light flutter of a moth’s wing, pawsteps flitted close lilted with a sweet, herbal fragrance. Honeyroot. A teasing chuckle rousing in her chest, she nudged his shoulder, jabbing the end of a fish’s forked tail at him. “We did some scavenging while you were busy ━ hope you don’t mind adding these soggy creatures to that prey pile!” (+3FP frog, +2FP small fish)

Another chord of pawsteps fell into step beside him.

Quiet and reserved. Yet… almost unnatural. Even for the tom. A stiffness hung about him, tension taut in his tread, each stride careful and calculated. With a soft grunt, Tumblecreak cleared his throat, then paused. Hesitating.

“What is it?” Mochaswirl flicked a tail, a stick snapping beneath her paw. She winced. “Sorry. They're just so many sticks around h━”

There.” Breath bated, his voice strained, urgency weighted in his tone. “Hear that?”

A pebble clinked, racing through the coarse, pitted stone of the plains, rolling as if struck by a harsh force. Perhaps… even by someone. The little rock swept across, skittering and skipping along loose cracks, before falling. Plummeting into one of the crevices below. A dying ping dwindled, a fading echo snatched without warning.

And faintly, a whiff of roses and rot tickled his nose.

“… there’s a group of rogues across the border.” Tumblecreak’s voice lowered, a soft, hurried hush. “They’re not trespassing, but they seem to like flinging stones and sticks across to our side." He kicked a loose twig, sending it crashing against a lone boulder. "Their scent is all over it. I wasn’t sure if they were still around, but well━”

Smokestar lifted his head. “They’re still here.”

The patrol hears news of a group of rogues! These rogues do not appear to be trespassing,
    merely lurking across the border! Does the patrol confront them or leave them alone?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ smokestar (20% hunger), honeyroot (20% hunger),
    xxxxxtumblecreek (20% hunger), mochaswirl (10% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +35XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +5XP for prey,

xx+3FP frog, +2FP small fish
    xx+no herbs </3

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +50XP → level 1 (106/200XP)

xxImage
    x
    notes: ahh, hello! i adore your new coding ─ the monotone color scheme and symbols just flow so well!! <33

one tiny thing, but make sure to sneak in a section for "inventory items used" (example) in your future explore post(s)! this is a little spot where you'd list what prey item(s) you used to feed your patrol, any herbs used to heal (if needed) and/or if you're giving prey/herbs to an npc (when requested)! everything else looks perfect ─ but definitely let me know if you need a hand with that at all! ^^
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby l1lithu » Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:41 pm

House Cats Community
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Gremlin was dazed, from the colourful memories flying around to the disappearance of Furzetuft. "Oh uh, yeah, that's me. Seventh Leader of the House Cats Community proudly inhabiting Townsville for many past leaf-bares." she gathered herself, pride warming her up. "You are, uh, very welcome to become one of us, we're very welcoming. I will, yeah, uh." she breathed deeply, further bringing herself together. "Do you have a Twoleg you live with?"
All of the members of the community lived with Twolegs, the Twolegs provided for the cats.
She tilted her head back, proud that she had recruited a new friend and ally, but still confused about her strange episode from only moments before.

[ 114 words ]

-- cats on patrol --
Gremlin | pronouns | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey --
if you've filled out the form here previously, please
link to your form here!
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4566186&p=138733233#p138733233
-- level 0 --
experience: 98
-- items in inventory used --
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.