Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby LilyHorse » Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:41 am

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
mice, scraps, bugs, minnows, nuts | 1 FP
small fish, vole, large handful of berries| 2 FP
large fish, songbird | 3 FP
rabbit, raccoon (rare) | 4 FP
eagle, large snake | 5 FP
new predators:
predators not changing
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? no thank you :D
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

2020: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 38 people.
I have received 34 gifts.

2021: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 20 gifts.

I am missing a lot of late '21 and 2022 pets! plz trade i don't bite

____________________________________________________________________________________________

lilyhorse ..................
LilyHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LilyHorse » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:25 pm

LilyClan - post #6
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

It had been many moons now since Lilystar had had that encounter with the fox. She'd grown used to the quiet repetitivity of clan life, solo hunting every day, each time a little farther away from camp. She'd seen other groups of cats far off, but had always steered clear. She was just fine by herself, if not a little sad and bored at times. But it was peaceful, sitting by the stream and snacking on nuts, berries, and whatever else she managed to find. So, she'd be fine. No need to worry! She would never be sobbing alone in bed, wishing for the body of another cat next to her. Not, at, all.

Which is why she's so happy when another cat shows up at her camp's entrance, his body lit from behind from the morning sunrise. "Hello," he said. "I've smelled your scent around here, and it's always seemed quite friendly, would you mind if I come and stay with you for a while? It's awfully lonely all by myself in the cold."

She stays silent for a moment, just staring at him. How had StarClan known, she needed a friend so deeply?

He interrupts her thought process with more speech. "I promise I won't hurt you or anything! Others have thought that before, sometimes I can be quite loud and talkative, but I just want a friend. Please?"

She nods immediately. That word, 'friend', was all she needed to hear. "Of course!" she said. "I'd love a friend too. My nest is over there, by those marigolds, would you like me to come help you set up a spot for yourself over there too? Oh! Wait, what's your name? I'm Lilystar, come on in."

His face brightens up immediately. "Great! Thanks so much! I'm so happy! I think we'll get along fabulously! Thank you again." He scurries over to the tree stump Lilystar had always imagined be used for this purpose, and sat down by it. "I'm Slatetooth! I use he/him pronouns! Uhhhh, my favorite colors are brown and green, which is great because we live in the woods!" He jumped up and beamed at her. "You?"

Lilystar smiled deeply. She hadn't realized how much she'd missed this until now. "Like I said, I'm Lilystar," she began to lead him over to the nests. "She/her, they/them, it/its," she stuck her head through the hanging vines and moss she used as a curtain. "If I had to choose, I'd say my favorite colors are yellow and red. I tried to save some leaves last leaf-fall, but they fell apart a half-moon into leaf-bare. They're not too common colors out here." She beckoned him in to the space. "Here's where I sleep. I'd love it if you'd join me, I don't like sleeping alone much."

Slatetooth peered down at the pile of moss Lilystar had made into her bed. "Honestly, it's kinda bare." he reported. "Nice enough, but I think we should spice it up some. Maybe we bring some flowers in, and- ooh- get some moss without thorns. Ouch! Come on, are you ready to go?"

Lilystar let her shoulders relax for the first of many times with this cat. "Sounds perfect. Thank you so much for coming to find me. Let's go collecting, new friend."

[ 552 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Lilystar | she/they/it | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Slatetooth | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
mice, scraps, bugs, minnows, nuts | 1 FP
small fish, vole, large handful of berries| 2 FP
large fish, songbird | 3 FP
rabbit, raccoon (rare) | 4 FP
eagle, large snake | 5 FP
-- level 1
experience: 51/200
-- items in inventory used
- 1x level-up gift
- 1x mouse
-- active quests:
none
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
Scraps / 2x / 1fp
Mouse / 0x / 2fp [-1]
Level-Up Gift / 0x / 1fp [-1]

Bright-eye / 2x
Coltsfoot / 1x
Chickweed / 1x
Daisy Leaf / 1x
Deadly Nightshade (Death Berries) / 1x
Fennel / 1x
Juniper Berry / 1x
Thyme / 1x
Wild Garlic / 1x

Custom prey form
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

2020: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 38 people.
I have received 34 gifts.

2021: I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 18 people.
I have received 20 gifts.

I am missing a lot of late '21 and 2022 pets! plz trade i don't bite

____________________________________________________________________________________________

lilyhorse ..................
LilyHorse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0241.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:02 am

PEACECLAN !!
    xcoffee.berry archive last post

Already, the faint prelude of spring breathed a melody of its own.

Hidden between the sheen of frost, tiny hints of pale greens and rosy pinks peeked out underneath the collision of prints from critters shaken from their slumber. Like spiralling prisms, icicles glistened, sending pinpricks of meltwater falling from above, gracing her cheeks.

But it was strange… the silence that had befallen them.

Even the freckled cinnamon form beside her didn’t part his jaws in song, nor hum the soft ditties stolen from trips down to the Twoleg Camp. Not even in familiar tease. He was… oddly silent.

“Scared already?” Her shoulder nudged his side. “I didn’t know rumours could steal your voice━”

A crash boomed overhead.

Her paws froze, head craning up. And between the swinging trees, a blur swelled, dark and shadowed, tumbling━

A force tackled her, hurling her paws from underneath her and knocking the breath from her lungs. She rolled, claws unsheathed, but the familiar frame before her steadied her. Oakspeck. His shoulders tensed, one paw on her side, as his gaze slipped over his shoulder. Back to where she’d been standing.

And there, a branch rested ━ hefty and leaden, forked like a trident forged in wood. Enough to crush any unsuspecting traveller. But for a few mandibled termites… it was a free-trip down. (+1FP bugs, +1 catchweed, +2 tansy)

“You alright?” His voice croaked, fraying and breathless. The first words he'd breathed in so long. Something shone, but not in the twinkle of those peridot eyes. Instead, it oozed from his face, reflected in the weary set of his jaws and the droop of his ears. He hid it well. But… not well enough.

She frowned, sheathing her claws. “I could ask the same about you.”

Oakspeck has fallen ill and needs one of the following herbs to heal: +1 rush, +1 ragwort, +1 sorrel or
    +1 ragwort leaves! If he continues on patrol without being healed, he'll lose -10% health each time!

xx

────────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller; last patrol fed!)
        xx↳ hazelpelt (10% hunger), oakspeck (10% hunger)

✦ health stats
        xx↳ oakspeck (sick!)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; no)
        xx↳ +20XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +1XP for
        xx.xprey, +3XP for herbs, +150XP from sept/oct quests

✦ patrol's prey & herb finds
        xx↳ +1FP bugs, +1 catchweed, +2 tansy

✦ item finds
        xx↳ n/a

✦ levels
        xx↳ +183XP → level 3 (526/400XP) → level 4 (126/500XP)

congrats! you've reached level four & earned an additional +2FP (of your choice), +2 herbs (of your choice),
          +1 uncommon edit and +1 stellar remnants (eye/nose/paw color changer)!
      xxxx✦ notes; hello! i've added your september and october quest xp! thank you again for being so sweet + understanding <3

────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Peaceclan || Explore #21

Postby coffee.berry » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:56 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Oh, you silly cat.." Hazelpelt mentally facepalmed - her friend was sick. It must've been from the icy cold water he'd gulped down this morning, before the patrol. "You need some ragwort leaves. Now." Hazelpelt was glad she'd listened to the medicine cat, Saltwater, about what to do in times like these; the she-cat searched the small satchel she'd taken with her. She'd stolen that from a twoleg, and Saltwater had put some herbs in it for Hazelpelt.

"Found it!" Hazelpelt whooped. "Oakspeck, you'll be alright in no time." Hazelpelt let Oakspeck eat the leaves. (-1 ragwort leaves)

Oakspeck immediately started to feel much better. "Wow, Hazelpelt.. were you a medicine cat in your previous life?" he teased. Hazelpelt snorted. "No, I just pay attention when a medicine cat speaks to me, unlike you." she tilted her head at the you. "Now, are we going to hunt or are we just going to sit here and talk? The clan has to be fed." The truth was that Hazelpelt wanted to hunt. It gave her a rush of adrenaline every time she did it in her old clan. She wanted to feel that again.

Oakspeck hummed a beautiful melody. It was a song of Noel, a song of Christmas. Hazelpelt wondered if Oakspeck had gotten her a gift, because she'd gotten him one - a small keyboard that he could play music on. "Hey, what's a kit mother's favourite Noel song?" Oakspeck asked. Hazelpelt knew a joke was coming up. "I don't know; tell me." Hazelpelt grinned. Oakspeck started to giggle. "Silent night!"

"Very funny, ha ha." Hazelpelt shook her head disbelievingly. "You find the cheesiest jokes, Oakspeck." Oakspeck smiled proudly. "Just doing my duty!" as he said this, Hazelpelt noticed a family of squirrels climbing up a tree. "There's prey up ahead, let's hunt that family of squirrels. You take the right side, I'll take the left."

⋆ word count; 312 words

levels & xp ━━━━

⋆ level 4 (126/500XP)
    active quests━━━━━━

⋆ link by [fennel/furzetuft]
    ⋆ link by [fennel/furzetuft]
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

cats on patrol━━━━━━━━━━

⋆ Hazelpelt | she/her | adopt page
      0% hunger | 100% health | not sick

⋆ Oakspeck | he/him | adopt page
      0% hunger | 100% health | not sick
    prey inventory

⋆ 1FP scraps | x3
    ⋆ 1FP bugs | x2
    ⋆ 2FP vole | x4 > x3
    ⋆ 2FP mouse | x1
    ⋆ 2FP small fish | x0
    ⋆ 3FP squirrel | x1
    ⋆ 3FP fish | x0
    ⋆ 4FP rabbit | x0
    ⋆ 4FP crow | x2
    ⋆ 4FP big fish | x0
    ⋆ 5FP eagle | x0
    herb inventory (pt one)━━

⋆ Mallow Leaves | x1
    ⋆ Goldenrod | x2
    ⋆ Elder Leaves | x1
    ⋆ Catchweed | x1
    ⋆ Lungwort | x1

⋆ Goatweed | x1
    ⋆ Burdock Root | x1
    ⋆ Horsetail | x2
    ⋆ Dock | x2
    ⋆ Bindweed | x1
    ⋆ Yarrow | x1
    ⋆ Tansy | x1
    herb inventory (pt two)━━

⋆ Fennel | x2
    ⋆ Stinging Nettle | x1
    ⋆ Sweet Sedge | x1
    ⋆ Tormentil | x1
    ⋆ Watermint | x1
    ⋆ Catchweed | x1

⋆ Lamb’s Ear | x1
    ⋆ Chamomile | x1
    ⋆ Foxglove Seeds | x1
    ⋆ Wintergreen | x1
    ⋆ Ragwort Leaves | x1
    ⋆ Celandine | x1
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    inventory items used

⋆ x1 vole for Hazelpelt and Oakspeck - 0% hunger for each <3
    ⋆ x1 ragwort leaves for Oakspeck - sick > not sick (striked both the vole and the leaves from list!) <3
    notes for responding writer

⋆ I'm sure I haven't added my s i x t y ! XP from Catvent '21 to my level's XP - was hoping that could happen now <3

⋆ Also need to add 563 XP from Camp Charcuterie to my level's XP <3
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0242.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:21 am

WHISPERING WINDS !!
    xxxxxmrs clan archive last post

And it was like carrying a lucky clover.

The wild mess of sun-kissed curls beside him infused a certain energy into the patrol, rivalling the glow of the sun and moon. His paws never quite stilled as restless as the wandering loner he was. They spun and twirled, flitting and dancing, like a tiny moth caught in the breeze.

Wish’s head nudged his shoulder, before retreating beneath the shade of a freckled patch of flowers, soft grin eclipsed by the morning. “You see that?”

Muddedshine frowned. “Huh? See what─”

“Look! It disappeared.” His paw lifted from the soft earth, revealing a tiny hole in the ground. He huffed and crouched low, settling amidst the wild fronds and frills of the shrubbery. “Watch.”

And he did. He really did.
    Or at least… he tried.

But the seconds crawled. And Wish remained where he was, baby blues pinned, hypnotized by the tiny hole in the earth.

Muddedshine held his tongue, allowing a few moments to pass. Perhaps it’d come ━ whatever it was. In the meantime, however… the aura of the surrounding ivory and gold petals tugged at him, a silent call twined in their swaying dance. He tiptoed close, claws snaring around the closest floret and pulling.

Ivory petals stained with ribbons of indigo crumbled within his paw, winged with darker, hardier leaves. A bitter scent tickled his nose, but it was dampened with something sweet, something twined with the gentle fragrance of mint. Something from… another plant, perhaps. (+1 bright-eye, +1 wintergreen)

Aha!” Wish leaped up, a breathless cheer lacing his voice. Strides long and quick, he thrust a paw in-front of Muddedshine’s face, smeared with goops of mud and tangles of roots. Something squirmed, caught between the chaos. “Got it! Turns out, it was right beneath the soil and with a little digging…” (+1FP worm, +1FP worm, +1FP worm)
    xx

──────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+0% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ two free posts left!
        xx.xmuddedshine (0% hunger), wish (0% hunger)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; yes)
        xx↳ +110XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+6XP for prey, +4XP for herbs
        │││
        │││
        xx↳ +1FP worm, +1FP worm, +1FP worm
        xx.x+1 bright-eye, +1 wintergreen

✦ levels
        xx↳ +140XP → level 0 (140/100XP) → level 1 (40/200XP)

congrats! you've reached level one & earned an additional +1FP (your choice) and +50 stardust!
      xxxx✦ notes; n/a, welcome to explore! it's exciting to have you + your darlings! <33

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0243.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:06 pm

THE DARK CARNIVAL !!
    xxxxxarrikanez archive last post

~Rise and shine, princeling.~

Hushed and sickeningly saccharine, the god’s whisper in his mind invaded even the sweetest of slumbers. But his eyes remained shut, heavy, as he mumbled a string of curses under his breath. The sun had even risen yet. At this point, he’d just━

~If you don’t rise, your Pawn will do something quite foolish.~ And now, he could just envision the knowing smirk on Chroma’s lips, only broadening by the second. ~He may even perish from this realm, prematurely. A shame, don’t you think?~

What? His claws struck steel. Scrambling to his paws, he leaped off the stand, ignoring the squeal of protesting metal and landed onto the soft earth below. “If you’re playing me, I swear ━ Fortune? Kid?”

Nothing.

Not even Chroma’s voice oozing like ambrosial honey. Just the squeak and squeal of rusted bolts and screws from scarely standing architecture. Somewhere ahead, an ancient, faded banner unravelled, the mist devouring the torn, tattered ribbons like a bloodied creature. And that same mist lingered, staining his world crimson as he ventured out.

“Fortune?” His pace quickened, claws unsheathed. “Fortune━”

A force crashed into him.

Dried leaflets and berries exploded all around him, cast into the crimson mist. He hit the ground hard, a berry exploding along the small of his back. Slipping underneath his attacker, he threw his weight at them. His claws rose, poised to strike ━ but the gentle glow of gold eyes froze him in-place. Warm eyes, pecan and russet curls, wide smile…

“Viperstar?” The gentle melody of his Pawn’s voice softened his grip. “What’s going on? Why are you up?”

A growl rumbled in his throat. “I could ask the same of you.”

“Oh! I was just exploring out and about… couldn’t sleep, you know?” His head tilted, a frown etching between his brows. “I found some stuff. Not the weasel, but a lizard thing and some copper token. It’s,” he waved a paw to the fallen lump nearby, “somewhere over there.” (+1FP skink, +1 starburst)

"… that's it?"

"Well, I… found some berries, too." His shoulders lifted, a tad sheepish. "They looked quite fresh! I was going to try some, but I heard my name and came running ─ hey! There's still some on you. You can try some if you'd like!"

With a slight twist, Fortune lifted a dark, bruised berry from his coat, holding it up. (+1 deadly nightshade)
    xx

xx↳ no free posts left!
        xx.xviperstar (0% hunger), fortune's end (0% hunger)

✦ health stats
        xx↳ n/a

xx↳ +100XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+1XP for prey, +1XP for herb, +1XP for item
        │││
        │││
        xx↳ +1FP skink
        xx.x+1 deadly nightshade

✦ item finds
        xx↳ +1 starburst (default fur length changer!)

✦ levels
        xx↳ +113XP → level 1 (195/200XP)

xxxx✦ notes; n/a, thank you for adding those things in! <33

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0244.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:42 am

LILY MEADOW ALLIANCE !!
    xxxxxxxk1ngcl3m3nt1n3 clan archive last post

Shy and gentle, the tiny flutter of wings against their cheeks softened a smile on their features.

“Hey, Salvi.” The moth crawled, landing at the spot just between their eyes, pecan-kissed wings pausing mid-flutter. Her antennae waved, a little curious spark in those dark eyes. With a quick flicker of her wings, she leapt, flowing the guiding breath of the wind.

“Where are you off to?” Their murmur fell, unnoticed, as the little moth continued on her path ━ a mere wisp eclipsed by the sun’s aura. Breaking into a brisk trot, they followed, weaving through the sprawling greens and wild thorns, their paws light against the softened earth. Mud and little pebbles squealed at their paws, but they continued on. “Salvi?”

Songbirds chimed, a lovely, distant melody, as they wandered through the wild tangled chaos of leaflets until it lightened to a muted hue. Something softer and… with a sweet fragrance.

And here, little petals of ivory and gold danced, swaying in the breeze. Salvi leaped, twirling from flower to flower, landing upon the gold centers crowning the florals each time. Her wings waved, gently tugging a chuckle from Izhi’s jaws.

“Already have a head start, I see.” It knelt down, claws twining around the dancing florals. “Maybe we’ll have a chance against, Keiri after all-” (+1 feverfew)

A cool, slick form crested the top of their head.

Dropping to a quick crouch, they whirled around. A little wrinkle etched on its nose as a different scent hit them ━ a cocktail of salt, sand and brine. And the culprit rested nearby, round eyes polished like a sheen of glass, scales shimmering. (+3FP large fish).

“Almost got you there!” A lyrical melody sprang from amidst the reeds as a familiar figure tiptoed in. Keiri. Her smile piqued, a starry twinkle in her eyes as she pawed at the fish. “I think I won this round, though.”
    xx

xx↳ two free posts left
        xx.xshivering’sea (0% hunger), firefly’flitter (0% hunger)

xx↳ +30XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+3XP for prey, +1XP for herbs
        │││
        │││
        xx↳ +3FP large fish
        xx.x+1 feverfew

✦ levels
        xx↳ +44XP → level 0 (44/100XP)

xxxx✦ notes; n/a, welcome to explore, ahh! and you did everything perfectly dw! <33

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arrikanez » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:11 am

Image last explorelast replystorage ♟ © ♟

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Viperstar breathed a sigh of relief - privately of course. Losing Fortune's End to something as stupid as a berry... well, it was a reality now, wasn't it? Having to watch out for that kind of thing. His worry threaded through his entire being as he stalked silently beside the young Pawn, giving a sigh as he noticed that Fortune's happy-go-lucky attitude had seemingly vanished, replaced by drooping ears, and a lowered head. Apparently the young cat was good at telling whenever someone was angry - whether or not that be at him or not. Viper stopped, sat, and curled his tail around his paws.

"I'm not angry with you." he told Fortune. "I'm angry - mostly at myself - for not telling you things you should have known before gallivanting off at all hours of the night to do hunting." The leader composed himself with a breath. "The berry you were about to eat? That's poisonous. I... haven't studied the effects of it yet, but Chroma stated that if you'd bitten it, you would have died. Or at least that's what he implied."

~Semantics at this point, my Prince.~ Chroma stated in his head, sounding... vaguely apologetic. Not exactly like him.

"Regardless. IF you go off again at night... whatever you pick up, you need to bring it back here so we can discuss what it is before you go sampling it. Meat excluded." He bent to pick up the skink on the way back to the camp, noticing that Fortune's ears had perked back up. There was more of a spring in his step too. Okay, so he took any anger about as well as expected. That was to say, not well at all. Duly noted.

Viper dropped the skink on the meagre pile of food they'd amassed over several days, and turned back to Fortune, one ear down. "I'm sorry if you thought I was angry at you. I was just... concerned. You need to keep an eye on what's around here... mostly, because neither of us know anything about anything. We're both new to this whole... being a cat... thing."

Fortune's End gave a nod, and sat himself, reaching up with a hind leg to get a particularly nasty scratch to the side of his ear with rapid leg movements. It gave Viperstar time to think about what to do about this no-food, and no-hope situation. One of them had to find something to eat, and it had to be soon. His ears flicked, irritated with the current state of affairs.

"Right. Rest up, Fortune." he told his Pawn at length. "Tonight, we're going to hunt for real. None of this practice stuff. We need food, and that food needs to feed the both of us for at least a day. Maybe more."

The younger cat nodded. "Okay, Viperstar. But I'm good to go back out and hunt right now. I'm not tired. It's why I was up in the first place." He started to rise, but Viper raised a paw, and shook his head.

"No. Neither of us are pristine right now. I'm running off very little sleep, and I think you're running off... none? So we both need to rest, and regain what little strength we have. It's still cold outside, and it's still bleak. This red mist hasn't gone, and I don't think that we'll be able to hold down anything long enough for a kill if we can't see four feet in front of our noses AND we're dead on our paws." He nudged the younger cat toward the underside of an old ticket booth they'd both been using for shelter off and on.

"C'mon. To bed with both of us." he stated, crossing toward it, and curling up with his tail touching his nose. Fortune's End joined him shortly after, smaller body curling against Viperstar's and shivered. The Ringmaster hadn't been lying about the cold. Without the tirefire lit, it was freezing, and body-heat was the only real way to keep warm. Thus, Viperstar didn't mind Fortune snuggling as close as he currently was. For that reason, he also didn't say anything when the younger cat leaned his head against and over the other's paws.

~Careful, Viper. You're getting attached.~ Chroma warned, but there was a laugh in the warning, and a honey-sweet, sickly sort of amusement. ~I had not figured you for a parental type. Given your lack of experience in the matter.~

The Ringmaster said nothing to this. Chroma was trying to goad him, and he wasn't going to let himself be goaded. It was a warm-keeping measure, that was all. He wasn't Fortune's father or anything like it. Viperstar wasn't anywhere near fatherhood material anyway. With that thought, he drifted off to sleep for the rest of the afternoon.

It wasn't until well into evening that his eyes opened, and his head lifted. It was... warmer, but not by much, since he was still pressed close to Fortune's End - who had lifted his head as well. Both cats stared out into the darkness, watching a shape move among the stillness of the camp. Neither cat moved, until the shape passed over one of the dunes leading to the beach. Viperstar could feel Fortune beside him letting out a breath he'd probably been holding.

"You saw that too?" he asked, getting to his paws, as Viperstar did the same. "That figure? That shadowy thing? It went toward the beach..."

The leader yawned, and flicked an ear. "Yes. I saw it. It clearly wants nothing to do with us, so let's just... leave it alone. Who knows, maybe it'll pass on a meal of cat tartare." His attempt at dark humor did nothing to ease his spirits - or Fortune's, as the two cats slunk semi-silently out of camp, and into the surrounding brush.

No prey seemed to be out and about tonight - or at least not that Viper could sense... and that shadowy figure was still out there somewhere near the beach - that's where it had disappeared to anyway. Both cats avoided headed toward that patch of grass they'd seen it pass through, and opted for a more direct route to hunt in. One away from the beach and the ocean.

It was Fortune's End who caught sight of the first bit of prey they'd seen in days: a weasel. Not too big, not too small, and not even noticing them. But the young cat was impulsive, and scared the prey off with a poorly-timed pounce before Viper had a chance to slink over to help. The rest of the hunting session was pretty much the same. Prey spotted, and then Fortune's End being too slow, too quick, or too noisy. It was a good thing Viper was there, or they'd not learn anything about how to catch anything.

He taught the Pawn the proper paw placement, and how to be silent - stealthy. Most importantly, he cautioned him about patience. The Pawn seemed to be getting it, but the red moon was high in the sky by the time the two cats slunk back to camp, tails high. It was... sort of hard to tell whether or not that had been a successful NIGHT or DAY of learning and teaching, since there was no sunlight here, and it was perpetual night. Viper had been going off his internal clock.

Said clock said it was lunchtime... but they were saving that food for later. It must be day, then, if his stomach was clamoring for lunch - despite the backdrop of darkness and blood. With another yawn, Viper left Fortune to groom, and went to seek solitude to contemplate his next move - finding a rusted old railing from some queue or another, and hopping up on that to think.

"You've been quiet our whole hunting session, Chroma." he stated finally, trying to coax the god to say something. "Cat got your tongue?"

~Hardy har har.~ Chroma said, and Viper could sense the deadpan delivery. ~If you must know, I've been planning a few things. Keeping things in check. This realm doesn't upkeep itself, you know. Even if I HAD a body there, I'd still have to make sure the borders are staying where they're supposed to be, and nothing untoward creeps in.~

"Liiiiiike... the shadowy figure Fortune and I both saw this morning? I think it's morning..."

~Yes. I've dealt with that.~ Chroma stated in an offhand way. ~THAT particular one will not be bothering you again. Though there may be others. You must be ready to deal with them.~

Was it just Viper, or did Chroma sound... less saccharine right now, and more... scared? The leader said nothing to that effect, but his curiosity was certainly piqued. "You make it sound as though these... things... aren't your creations." he said instead, tailtip twitching. "So whose are they?"

~If I knew that, I wouldn't be having to deal with them, now would I?!~ the god snapped, then sighed. ~Forget it. It's nothing to do with you and yours. Your Pawn is coming along nicely. I believe he's starting to settle in well.~

Back to that sweet voice - but Viper had glimpsed something there. An insecurity. Something he could use. He filed it away for later. Fine, if Chroma wanted to play the 'nothing happened' game, he could play along with the best.

"He's doing well, for all that he's learning." Viperstar agreed, somewhat reluctantly. "The kid picks up things like a thirsty little sponge. It's kind of remarkable, actually. If only I had been able to learn things that fast at his age..."

~You would have still gotten into the same amount of trouble.~ Chroma finished for him.

"Yes, but with less repeats." the Leader agreed. "He's got a good brain in his head. Now if he could learn to tame that impulsiveness of his, he has the makings of a pretty dang good hunter." His tail uncurled, and started lashing. "It's just getting him to pay attention to the prey and not everything else that's the problem."

~It will come. I can promise you he's not being insufferable on purpose.~

"You'd think he'd understand I'm trying to help us not die." Viper groused. "It's not like I WANT to boss him around or anything. I mean, some part of me does, but that's beside the point. Why are you being so chummy all of a sudden?" The cat's head tilted to one side. "You aren't usually this... interested in what happens to us."

~... I have my reasons, let's say.~ Chroma answered, avoidantly. ~I am not, and never was, a monster Sweet Prince. Just a minor threat. Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain.~

"It's the man behind the curtain I'm the MOST worried about." Viperstar said with a mirthless laugh. "What drives you? What aims do you have? Why don't you come here and talk to me yourself? There's got to be a reason..."

~There is. And you'll know. Just not... not yet. Not right now. The time isn't upon us for the revelations of those things.~ He was being shady, and some part of his voice gave away that he knew that.

"Okay... but I reserve the right to not trust a word you say until you come clean." the Ringmaster stated, planting both front paws, and staring out into his camp. "... I don't know what to do next. Fortune and I are useless at hunting. We've got maybe two mouthfuls of food in that bucket, and that's stretching it. We need to figure something out fast, because I don't think we can go many more days without something to eat."

~I'm... planning something that will make this whole survival thing easier on you both.~ Chroma said, but didn't elaborate.

"Right... remember, I still don't believe you." Viper said, bowing his head. "But I hope you are - because if you're not going to do anything about this? Both of us are going to starve..."

~You will see, my dear Prince.~ the god reassured cryptically. ~You will see.~

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cats on patrol [2/6]
♟Viperstar♟ He/Him
♟ 100% HP ♟ 0% HUP ♟ Not Sick

♟Fortune's End♟ He/Him
♟ 100% HP ♟ 0% HUP ♟ Not Sick

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
inventory
♟ prey list ♟
Shrimp | 1FP
Shrimp | 1FP
Skink | 1FP

♟ herb list ♟
Lamb's Ear| 1
Horsetail | 2
Comfrey Root | 1
Foxglove Seed | 1
Holly Berry Bunch | 1
Wintergreen | 1
Broom | 1
Loveage | 1
Deadly Nightshade | 1

misc.
level 1♟ 195/200
predator/prey list
No Death Yet

items used
N/A

active quests
N/A

Arrikanez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ⊱── 007. [december explore replies] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:15 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
ImagexxTRIBE OF FORGOTTEN PAST!!!
────────────── ✧

original level stats ✧ level 3 (108/400)
new level stats ➔ level 3 (330/400) --
----------------------------------------------
• • • • • • x 10% hunger for the patrol
───────────────┘
    pov: bearleaf

tonight, the redwoods were alluring - the starry kiss of the skies enchanting as if tainted with the blissful swell of death.
    ah… death. it was far from what he had expected… the mere memory of it was still luminescent in the fallen fortresses of his thoughts. such thoughts adorned of crestfallen daffodils and the ethereal perk of little daisies.

and spirits.
    their voices a serenade bejewelled with the purest of essences, of lullabies unfurling into the secrets of the night. for they were everywhere - in even the barest of whispers sent by the zephrys, in the soft greens of springtime and the blistering bliss of winter. they were in the crestfallen aura of daffodils and the ethereal perk of little daisies.

they were truly… utterly everywhere.

“hey… bearleaf?” delicate in the hush, the bluebells forever blooming in those quiet eyes were on his. observant as ever. “are you feeling okay?”

“yeah… yeah.” managing a soft, lopsided grin, his gaze was ever-so steady on hers, like flora and fauna in all of its breathtaking majesty as a deep songbird laugh fluttered upon his lips. “i’m okay.” a pause. [b]“don’t be so worried, frost.”

gently patting her shoulder as if the mere touch could soothe the tension swelling in the liquid roses of her blood, the little group had fallen quiet. fallen quiet to the rustle blooming in the thicket of redwood beyond.

“something is here.” no longer as ardent as he had once been, the lyrical hush of robincall’s voice was husky in the stillness. “stay back… i’ll investigate.”

and with that, robincall had become a wandering silhouette - fleeting in the starry kiss of the night. fleeting before a gasp adorned reality and a squeal entangled itself in the twilight hush.

it was the bear cub.
    mousy curls in a ruffled tangle, wide, beady eyes embellished the dark, little onyx stars wavering in the night. terrified. a shudder blossomed through its fragile yet stocky frame, shivering as the little cub faltered, tottering backwards into a nest of mice.
    (+2fp [mice], +2fp [mice], +2fp [mice], +6exp)

“t-the bear cub… what is it doing here?” as gentle as ever, robincall fidgetted a little, eyes almost as wide as the cub’s. “where is the mother?”

“o-oh no…. oh no. breathless, the hush was unbearable as bearleaf stumbled a little ways forwards. “if the mother isn’t with her cub it means… oh spirits- ”

it meant the bear was looking for her cub… and a mother’s love is beyond any existing force.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pov: beavertumble

there was nowhere to run.
    a serenade of chuffs and snarls, mousy curls awaited at the bottom of the redwood tree… beady eyes were upon theirs, glistening beneath the ravishing thrill of the night.

“i think we are safe.” a mere rumble upon the roses of his lips, his features were chillingly serene… like the bloom of hidden zephrys among the redwoods. “... we are safe.”

“safety is an illusion.” like the ample swell of cobblestone, wolfprowl’s features were stone-cold, carefully restrained and… vacant. “and-”

“we have a problem.” ever-so leisurely shrinking back, it was only then when the ancient folktale of bears and betrayal dwindled into nothing. “it appears that the bear is… well- it’s climbing the tree.”

the soft, midnight ballad of his voice had barely left before it lilted into a deafening screech. for those starry talons tainted with mousy curls had closed upon him… upon lionsun.

the bear had gotten lionsun.

“lionsun - no!”and with that, the serene stillness of his form had flourished into a desperate plummet. a plummet from his place among the redwoods and into the embrace of a beast ignited with a mother’s rage.

and as of beavertumble… a brother’s love.
    (-25% for beavertumble </3 he needs 2 herbs [any] to stop the bleeding and 1 post of rest!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pov: bearleaf

lyrical squeals embellished the night once more… squeals of desire and yearning, as a shivering mess of mousy curls bounded into the caress of midnight.

“we should keep close to the cub… chances are the mother is looking for her cub.” a fragile whisper in the hush, the stoneteller’s pace was brisk. “we need to get back to the other as soon as-”

it was only then when the serpent of chaos unfurled upon reality.

voices lilting into deafening screeches and twin brothers upon the earth, a prowling silhouette of what could’ve been a wolf a little ways away, ivory talons unsheathed.

ready to strike. before time seemed to slow beneath starry midnight skies, and the mother of flora, fauna and death alike… responded to the lyrical squeals of her little one.

her little one.
    the cause to her madness. her outbreaks.
    her little cub.
    the only reason she was beneath the wavering branches of redwood.

and with that… the mother and her cub of flora, fauna and death fled the redwoods. such redwoods charmed with liquid roses.

no. blood.
─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
ImageImage
writing exp ✧ 80 expxxfood exp ✧ 06 exp---
added exp ✧ 00 expxxherb exp ✧ 00 exp---
event exp ✧ 15 exp-xxpatrol exp ✧ 10 exp-
opt-in exp yes/no xxtotal exp ✧ 222 exp

fp earned ✧ +6fp─
items earned ✧ +0
• [n/a item earned]
█████████████
herbs earned ✧ +0
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
• [n/a herb earned]
user ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ elliott.
user's post / writer's post
+ clan's archive !! ─────
free posts left? x 0 - 1 - 2
xx
x
!!!

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0245.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:58 pm

LISSIDOM !!
    lili041 archive last post

In the dawning quiver of the sun, even the shadows trembled.

They wavered, a fickle rippling creature, haunted by the trickle of light. But still, the rust and the stench of rot remained, etched itself into the wavering trees. Imprinting a memory that would never be forgotten.

“Mama?” Soft and hesitant, a head of damp, rosy curls pressed against her flank. Lily. And perhaps, this little one was a gift from the stars ━ already so poised and elegant, graced with the ability to see… beyond. To see hope. “I think there’s something over there. it smells like… a pile of forgotten prey?”

“I can check it out.” Indigo eyes winked back at her followed with a little chirp from a certain songbird. Chachar. His strides lengthened, long and full, as he trotted to the edge of the border towards the curve of a moss-laden rock. “It should be quick. You should all rest for a sec.”

She nodded, but remained standing. A part of her longed to drop, to fall like a stone plummeting from the crest of a waterfall to taste the cool bliss of the oasis beneath, but she held back. Something nagged at her, writhing in the core of her stomach.

The rogues had to be close. They should be somewhere around here. But all that remained in the breeze was the tangible, kick of sweet spices from herbs━ a disguise. The rogues were disguising themselves━

She spun around, a warning budding on her tongue.

But it was too late. With a startled chirp from the his songbird, curls wrought in gold and amber swarmed him, tossing the little warrior aside. The rogues. His head hit the side of the rock and he curled up, snug into a little ball around himself… and the songbird. (-10% health for chachar ━ he may continue patrolling without rest or herbs)

“Hey, stop!” Her voice returned to her, almost choked, as she sprang forward, the others bridging a wall behind her. At her step, the rogues fled like a sputtering campfire, dispersing into the darkness, pieces and bits of their loot in-tow. (rogues have fled the territory!)

“Chachar?” Lily gently nosed the fallen warrior, paw on his shoulder. “Are you━”

“I-I’m fine.” His smile wavered as he shook himself out, slowly uncurling, flexing his paws. “And so’s Chirpy!” He winced, but rocked himself to his paws, tail sweeping. “And hey, look! Chin up… we didn’t lose all of it. Turns out the duck and take cover works every once in awhile, huh?” (+2FP mouse, +2FP mouse, +2FP mouse, +1FP bugs, +1 fennel)

xx

─────────────────────────────────────────

✦ hunger (+10% hunger for each patroller)
        xx↳ lissi (10% hunger), hal (10% hunger),
        xx.xmaurus (10% hunger), chachar (10% hunger),
        xx.xpinepaw (10% hunger), lily (10% hunger)

✦ health stats (can continue without herbs/rest!)
        xx↳ chachar (90% health)

✦ xp earnings (death opt in; yes)
        xx↳ +70XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
        xx.x+14XP for prey, +2XP for herbs, +10XP for skirmish
        │││
        │││
        xx↳ +2FP mouse, +2FP mouse
        xx.x+2FP mouse, +1FP bugs
        xx.x+1 fennel

✦ item finds
        xx↳ n/a