Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby /nyx. » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:44 am

Username: /nyx.
Clan: Lé'echékyo

Quest Number: 3
Response:

Energie sees ghosts every day. Her eyes pulse magenta, purple and red; every day since Amber died, she's seen the ghosts.

She's seen the ghosts, she's seen the ghosts. How can she not believe when they're always there, always watching from the corner of her eyes?

How can she stand to lie to the kits, lie like the others do when she knows that they're there? (Ghosts don't like it when mortals lie. Most of them died because of untruths, after all.)

The Lé'eckékyo, in their world, ghosts are real. More than real, almost tangible, yet distinctly fake. Like the taste of an old childhood memory, like soft laughter in the night. Like flowers, like dreams, like nightmares disguised as dreams.

Rio, whose name is really Scepter, sees ghosts too. He and Reign, whose name is really Sovereign, see the ghost of Onyx nearly every day. Every night, that is, in their nest before they sleep (but what does it matter? Lé'eckékyo is timeless. They all live in the void known as the Underground).

On sleepless nights, Rio speaks to Onyx. He whispers truths, whispers secrets, whispers lies he wishes to believe. Onyx shows signs of sentience, of listening, but he never responds.

They're cruel, these ghosts. Ghosts are memories half-formed, desperate chains wrapping around souls. They're mere shells of life enshrouded in death. Their bodies are dead, their souls are expired, yet they (painfully, excruciatingly) exist. They're like rotten prey-things, but not even the crows are willing to pick them off.

Ghosts are never good. They only come into existence when their deaths are unjust, but they, unlike the beliefs of many, don't do anything about it (though not for lack of trying). Most ghosts are distorted, sentimental figures. Even if they want, say, revenge, they have no way of getting it. Ghosts don't walk, ghosts don't talk; they have no say over their own being, with their agonizing presence fully dictated by an invisible, higher power. Ghosts merely exist, frozen in time and space, their soul fragments in harrowing pain until they finally fade away.

As unfortunate as it is, most members of the Lé'eckékyo see ghosts. Knowing that a close friend, a family member, or even that an enemy is wasting away after death mentally, and sometimes even physically, hurts. The knowledge attacks the majikal core; for a summoner or incanter, the pain is threefold.

Why else would one with a broken reil they subject themselves to torture, to those infamous suicide missions? Because a torturous life still beats a dishonorable death. If rykers die honestly in combat, they will not turn themselves into ghosts; however, if they slowly dull from the suffering, then they, even deceased, will continue to suffer.

It's about worth, about honor, about utilizing oneself. Ghosts are a painful concept, but dying in general is a painful process. For a proper member of the Lé'eckékyo, dying will always be a painful process; those at peace in death obviously died too late.

To reiterate: the Lé'eckékyo, in their world, ghosts exist.

(only in our world)
aaaa[our world is hell]

They exist in a plane, untouchable by time and space, in excruciating pain [(flickering in and out like a hologram)]; prohibited from peace due to a dishonorable death, usually one (un)intentional.

Those of the Lé'eckékyo, they (we) believe in ghosts.

(How could we not?)

They hear ghosts, they feel ghosts; moreover, they fear ghosts.

(We do not. We do not! We fear nothing. We fear [not the ghosts, maybe the ghosts, turning into ghosts; the pain, our soul; shameless, unbearable]—)

[...they (shhh] fear the EterNal suffering that DisHonorable death would entail)

Word Count: 606 words
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stars quest board - november quests!!

Postby sunny-skies » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:18 pm

Start of Round

Hana wrote:"Thank you everyone, I loved hearing your responses!"

October Quests

Quest #1

coffee.berry -- +55 xp
miraphoenix -- +35 xp
Saeli -- +35 xp
SushiFoxx -- +70 xp
All Along Watchtower -- +35 xp
wildsight -- +150 xp

Quest #2

miraphoenix -- +35 xp
Mutatedcry -- +45 xp
SushiFoxx -- +40 xp
wildsight -- +25 xp
nindroidzane -- +35 xp

Quest #3

miraphoenix -- +45 xp
MutatedCry -- +30 xp
SushiFoxx -- +30 xp
All Along Watchtower -- +20 xp
BigFrog4231 -- +35 xp
wildsight -- +60 xp
nindroidzane -- +55 xp
/nyx. -- +40 xp

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"I also wanted to give something to those who put in some extra hard work! Here, you can use this to buy something in starclan's shop!"

miraphoenix -- +230 stardust
SushiFoxx -- +280 stardust
MutatedCry -- +150 stardust
wildsight -- +470 stardust

Hana wrote:"Everyone's entries were so good, but here are my favorites! You guys have earned something extra special for all of your effort."

Quest #1: All Along Watchtower and miraphoenix
+un myo each

Quest #2: nindroidzane and MutatedCry
+1r myo each

Quest #3: BigFrog4231 and /nyx.
+1r myo each

Hana wrote:"Wait wait, please don't leave yet! I just wanted to ask a few more questions..."

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Tell me about a regret one of your cats keeps secret.
You may draw or write your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
Tell me about your clan's relationships with twolegs!
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Tell about your leader receiving their 9 lives.
(Or meeting with their ancestors/something spiritual/supernatural)

You may only write your response to this prompt.
Last edited by sunny-skies on Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:24 am

Username: BigFrog4231
------------------------------------------------
Clan: The Star Striders
Quest Number: 1
“It were a long night of tension that followed the day that Wolf’Kissed had overthrown Lost’Star by challenging him to a holmgang. It was a close battle, the corrupted leader had left his successor in shreds. Not even Withered’Flame could say he would’ve made it the night without him being given 9 lives.” Frostclaw shook her head, her ears posted back as she took a moment to recollect her memories from that night. “Dead’Eye and Wolf’Kissed had been rivals since their birth. Just as their fathers were. It’s rumored that Wolf’Kissed father only had him because he wanted to be a better parent than the other. It’s all sorts of twisted. Anyway- Dead’Eye seen the opportunity to kill Wolf’Kissed while he was weak. It couldn’t have been a fair fight, the Tom was playing dirty just to please his own father and follow in his paw prints. I had to do something.” Her slate tail began to lash. “I confronted him, he didn’t stop his stride towards the den Wolf’Kissed was recovering in. The only way I could’ve gotten his attention was if I called him to a holmgang. The loser either had to yield and brought shame.. Or be Exiled.”

-------------------------------------------------

``Dead`Eye! I told you to stop``, she hissed, tail lashing. The tom stopped, turning to the angry she-cat. She tried not to show her anxiety, worried what would happen if Dead`Eye made it to Wolf`Kissed. ``And what do you think you're doing? This is between me and Wolf`Kissed``, he sneered, curling his lips into a cruel smile. She didn't back down, standing taller and trying to appear larger. She knew she wouldn't be able to talk him out of it. She only had one more card left up her sleeve. ``I challenge you to a holmgang. For the position of Iarl!`` The camp went silent, all eyes on the pair. Dead`eye's smile grew, his claws extended now. He took a few confident steps over to Frostclaw already looming over her. ``Well, I surely wasn't expecting this...`` Sarcasm was laced heavily in his voice as he chuckled. As if on cue, Wolf`Kissed stepped out of his den, a stern expression on his face. It was obvious he was weak, but he still carried himself like a Skeppare.

``Why don't we settle this dispute. Dead`Eye will fight to hold onto his title of Iarl, and Frostclaw will fight for the position. The looser shall accept defeat and yield, exiled from the clan, or they shall face death. The battle will be held in three sunrises, and will be fought just outside of camp.`` Wolf`Kissed spoke loud enough for the whole clan to hear, his voice ringing out through camp. His words repeated over and over in her mind as she sharpened her claws and trained for the fight. The thing that made her most uneasy is that whenever she saw Dead`Eye, he didn't even seem bothered to train- just carrying on with his duties as normal.

The three sunrises came and went, and all that remained now was the duel. She walked out of the camp calmly, seeing Wolf`Star and Dead`Eye already outside. Frostclaw walked to the opposite side of Dead`Eye, not taking her eyes off of him. Wolf`Star stood in the middle of the two, with many Thegns surrounding the three watching in anticipation. Wolf`Star stepped from the center to join the surrounding Thegns and gave a curt nod, and the cheering began.

Dead`Eye crouched down to the ground, claws digging into the soft soil. Frostclaw's tail lashed as she unsheathed her claws, glaring at the opposing tom. Without hesitation, he lunged after her, hissing out as she darted to the side and jumped onto his back, trying to dig her claws into his pelt. Dead`Eye rolled to the ground, slamming Frostclaw into the ground and releasing her grip. The air was knocked from her lungs and her ears rang, hearing the rising cheers as Dead`Eye gloated. She heaved herself off the ground and lunged for his legs, knocking Dead`Eye to the ground for a second as she slashed her claws across his face. Frostclaw begins to sprint to the other side of the ring as the tom yowls out as he springs after her, grasping her flank and pulling her to the ground. She hisses at him, trying to kick herself free. Her head is slammed into the ground by one of his paws as he takes a step away, sneering at her. The ringing in her ears returns, accompanied by a roaring boom of thunder.

The crowd cheers even louder as Frostclaw shakes herself off, looking for a weak spot to attack. He's bigger than me, but I'm faster. I just have to outsmart him... she thinks, noticing the grass becoming slick with hazy rainfall. She begins to take a few steps around Dead`Eye, circling him. And suddenly, she bolts around him, knocking out his front paws and running to the opposite side of the ring yet again. He yowls out and begins to chase after her, trying to dig his claws into the muddy ground. Frostclaw looks behind her once she hears a thud, skidding to a halt seeing Dead`Eye in the mud. She smiles and jumps onto him, trying to pin him down. She grabs hold of his collar with her teeth and pulls, trying to get him out of breath. Dead`Eye yells out and rolls onto the ground again, attempting to squash her like before. Try a different move next time! She thinks while hopping off of his back and onto his stomach. His eyes widened in horror as she held him there, realizing in one move it could be all over. The crowd erupts into cheers.

``Do you yield?`` She hisses, having to shout over the now pounding rain. ``Never!`` Dead`Eye snarls and slashes at her neck, then kicking her off of him with his hind legs. She flies off of him, struggling to get off the ground before he pins her down. The cheering of the crowd was now drowned out by the thunder and she watched Dead`Eye approach her slowly, knowing this was his win. Her mind raced, trying to grasp at any thought of what to do. A heavy paw slammed onto her stomach, and Dead`Eye lowered his head to her ear. ``Do you yield?`` His voice was quiet, barely audible over the rain. This was meant for Frostclaw, and only Frostclaw. Her heart races and she swallows her massive pride, looking Dead`Eye straight on. ``I yield!`` Her voice rings over the rain, and the crowd cheers, chanting Dead`Eye's name. He removes his paw from her chest and smiles, walking over to the crowd to gloat. Out of the corner of her eye, she can see Wolf`Star frowning at her.

Wolf’Star held a heavy gaze between the two cats during the fight. He sensed something else was going on. Frost’claw wasn’t deemed a power hungry individual in his eyes. After a few moments, he cleared his throat and called out. “Frost’Claw, step forth.” This was it. This was her trial. Whatever final words she had left, he would hear now. He sat himself atop of his rock, looking down to the light colored molly as she approached- still riled up from battle.
“I plead trial.” Frost’Claw nearly yowled out. After this announcement, many cats grew confused. To plead for trial meant something was wrong. Horribly wrong. It was deemed as a last resort. Wolf’Star had given a confused look before narrowing his eyes. “I will hear your trial at nightfall.” He began. “I want you in a clear mind if you truly do want an honest trial.” After this, cats begun to scowl out in protest. The new Skeppare was sure to put the cats in their place. “Silence.” a new found tone boomed out; soon the voices ceased. “Every cat of Zenith is entitled to trial-” He was cut off by Dead’Eye himself. “She is no longer one of us.” He spat out, getting a few nods of agreement from the posse around him. “Have I exiled her yet, Dead’Eye?” A snarl came from Wolf’Star as he replied. This silenced the chocolate lynx point tom. His focus then returned to Frost’Claw. “Go visit the shaman, rest there until your trial.” He said in dismissal before returning to his den.
—-
The evening passes rather slowly, it picks away at Frost’Claw’s tension. “He doesn’t know what happened.. Why I did what I did! It was the only way to get his attention.” She mumbled to herself, coiled up in a moss nest within the back of the shaman’s den. Her mind began to weave the conversation in her head. How the trial could play out.
—-
The sun begun to shift into the horizon, Wolf’Star had come down to the meeting grounds and awaited. Frost’Claw could feel the many eyes on her as she had come out from the den and made her way to the black smoke ghost tabby waiting for her. “I am here to just listen right now.” Wolf’Star spoke softly, nodding. He made sure to keep himself silent while Frost’Claw spoke. “Dead’Eye was after you, right after you had fought with Lost’Star.” A frown cursed her lips as she spoke. Her throat tightened, she felt as if no matter what she said; it was exile. “He wasn’t listening- it’s the only way I could’ve gotten his rotten attention away from going after you while you were already down. Please, I had a good reason.” Her claws sunk into the moist earth, her head was down.
Wolf’Star took a few moments to take everything in. “You know the rules of a holmgang just as well as I do. Why didn’t you resort to calling out my name to warn me? Or any other cat?”
Frost’Claw’s ears shifted backwards, she hadn’t thought about it in the moment. “There wasn’t time for thinking, he was right outside your den. Please-“ “I appreciate your heart, Frost’Claw- But I would be no better than the very cat I overthrew if I didn’t follow the rules. I cast exile. I wish you the best travels.”

She felt as if the ground dropped out from underneath her paws. Wolf`Star's words echoed in her mind, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get Dead`Eye's wicked smile out of her mind. Before she realized it her paws were carrying her away. Fast. Her claws dug through the muddy earth and she ran, her mind racing. Where do I go? Become an Outsider? No I can't... She ran as far as her paws would carry her- through the territory she grew up around- until her surroundings became foreign. The only thing worse than being exiled was being caught after exile. She couldn't bare to see Dead`Eye again, let alone any of her old clanmates. Her pace slowed, and the stars hung above her, looking different than they did from camp. Have my ancestors abandoned me too? Despair hung heavy in her heart as she curled up under a bush, drifting into an uneasy sleep.

It had been many moons since her exile. Her paws were rough and cracked from her travels, and Dead`Eye's claws had left a nasty scar on her neck. The wound never healed properly, and now her grave mistake from all those moons ago had left a permanent reminder, never letting her forget her past. She was far away from Zenith now, she wasn't even sure if she would be able to find her way back if pressed- she had just kept traveling, never once looking back. The familiar surroundings of her old home had now warped into a stinking two-leg infested territory. Hard concrete replaced the soft grass, and instead of trees there were now tall pillars of light where two-legs lived. She hopped down from the chain-link fence she was walking on, and was standing in front of a new clan she heard about. The "Star Striders", was it? Maybe They'll let me join...

Frostclaw had never explained why she truly needed a new clan to join, she just simply stated that she had been traveling for a long time and wanted somewhere to call home again. She wasn't completely lying, but it sure wasn't the whole truth. She doesn't think she'll ever tell any cat about Zenith or how she lost her honor- it's already torturous enough that she has the scars to remind her of her mistake all those moons ago. It'd be too much on what's left of her pride to tell someone.

Total Word Count: 2,101
Demonic.Canine's Word Count: 764
BigFrog's Word Count: 1,332

Characters Included: (art by me :3c)
Image Image Image Image Image
Lost`Star xxxxxxDead`Eye xxxxxWithered`Flame xxWolf`Kissed(Star) xFrostclaw

Clan: The Tribe of Singing Wind
Quest Number: 2
(reference image used) Image
``They were gone when I came here, I wonder why they left?``

Clan: The Star Striders
Twistedleg hauled himself back into camp, exhausted from what transpired. The scent of copper hung heavy as the unusually still coldness of the camp surrounded him. ``They're gone... Everyone...``Despair hung heavy in his heart as the light of the stars twinkled brighted off the leftovers of monsters, almost as if to mock him. Your clan took everything from us, and now everything has been taken from you, the broken-down monsters sneered. Twistedleg was tempted to simply leave- find a new group of cats to live with- but something stopped him. The leader's den- the only intact monster left- seemed to sparkle with something different, as if to call him over. This is not over Twistedleg, this is merely the beginning.

He limped over to the den- the shards of glass in his paw pads making every step full agonizing- yet he continued on, a spark of hope flickering within him. With a few clumsy attempts he was finally in the den, the inside of the beast covered in old claw marks of past leaders, all making their mark as to not be forgotten. Twistedleg looked up out of the top of the monster and saw his ancestors shining brightly down on him, filling him with more hope as he drifted to sleep, finding comfort in the knowledge that he was not truly alone.

He awoke startled, a gentle nudge urging him to awake. The dreamscape that surrounded him made his heart drop as he soon saw starry ancestors surrounding him. ``Have I died? succumbed to my injuries? Was I not strong enough? What will happen to the clan?!`` His heart was racing, but he soon began to calm down as the cat in front of him smiled, laughing slightly. It was Ratstar, the last leader the Star Striders had. He now stood tall and proud like he did when Sunstar chose him as their deputy, and his previously visible ribs were now covered in muscle. He looked as healthy as could be.

``Twistedleg, you have done well to protect your clan in the face of peril. I wish I could have done the same, but the past is in the past. We must live with our mistakes and continue forward,`` Ratstar said, speaking calmly with a small flourish of pride in his voice. ``Twistedleg, will you accept the honor of becoming the new leader of the Star Striders? To lead fearlessly and with your clan in your best interest?`` Twistedleg looked at Ratstar in shock, just nodding silently as he let his old leader's words set in. ``Then it is my honor to give you the life of Foresight. May you always think of the future while making your present decisions.`` The old leader touched Twistedleg's nose gently, and a surge of shock flowed through him, making him jump. Ratstar lifted his head and smiled, walking away. It was only now that Twistedleg noticed the cat surrounding him. He recognized a few, specifically the small orange she-cat that approached him.

``Flickerpaw, I-``, Twistedleg began, but Flickerpaw just lifted her tail, silencing him. Even Starclan couldn't prevent her scars from showing- ugly and twisting around her torso, the Monster's claw marks embedded in her pelt. ``Twistedleg, you were the best mentor anyone could have asked for. Even when my littermates gained their names, you still believed in me until the very end, even if I did do some pretty dumb things``, she laughs, remembering their time together. She clears her throat, sighing. ``Twistedleg, it is with the greatest honor that I give you the life of Patience. May you find it within your heart to give all cats the same amount of patience you gave me``, The flame colored she-cat said, craning her head upwards to touch noses with Twistedleg. As their noses connected, Twistedleg could feel a great heat surge within his bones, stretching outwards to the tips of his whiskers. He clamped his mouth shut, trying to endure the flame. And in an instant it was gone, with Flickerpaw bounding over to Ratstar.

An even more familiar cat approached him, taking wobbly footsteps towards him. Snowkit had never had the best balance, but she did her best to approach her brother. Twistedleg wanted to say something, but Snowkit seemed to notice, and gave him a knowing look. ``It's been a long time Twistedleg, its been a joy to watch you grow over the moons. I wished so badly to hunt next to you- to share that naming ceremony with you- but I suppose the greencough that spread through camp had other plans.`` Her voice quivered slightly, trying not to let her emotions get the better of her. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes, opening them once she was ready, a sense of determination in them. ``Twistedleg, it is my honor to gift you the life of togetherness. Even if it doesn't seem like it, we will always be there for you. Keep others company while you can, you'll never know when Starclan will call for them...`` Twistedleg crouched down to touch noses with his little sister, a bitter and pinching cold chilling him deep. But soon enough it was over, and Snowkit began to turn away. Twistedleg gave her a quick lick on the top of her head before she walked off to the others. She stuck out her tongue playfully and padded over to the rest.

Next was a cat he did not recognize, a grey tom with round brown eyes. ``I am Dusty, one of the first. I figured this was quite the special occasion, so I might as well give my thanks``, he said, dipping his head to Twistedleg. He seemed much older than the other cats, not in age but in wisdom. Twistedleg felt nervous as Dusty stretched his head over, leaning in cautiously. ``I give you the life of Strength. Not just physically, either. May you carry on no matter the struggle, continue the fight until you're the last one standing.`` Again, the pain came and went. A shock, greater than anything he's ever felt, surged through him, his eyes flinging open in shock. He tried to keep his paws steady, but he found his legs failing him. And then it was over, with Dusty already with the others, smiling at the shaking tom.

A more pleasant cat approached Twistedleg, smiling ear to ear and snickering slightly at the dazed cat. ``I missed you buddy! How the times fly...`` Puddlepaw- Twistedleg's old best friend- sighed as he saw the tom's gaze soften, now realizing who was talking to him. ``Aw, don't look at me like that! It's great here, can't even remember what that rat's fangs felt like anymore!`` Twistedleg knew. He remembered the painful moans that came from the Star Reader's den as the infection grew worse, that stinking rat taking his best friend away from him. ``Hey, it's fine now,`` Puddlepaw whispered. ``Twistedleg, it is my greatest honor to give you the life of Courage. No matter what, never step down from the challenge! Channel your fear into your courage, taking on even the most toughest of enemies!`` The two touched noses, and instead of a great pain, a gentle calmness flowed through Twistedleg. His pains faded and he felt a small tear fall down his cheek, watching Puddlepaw run over to the others.

An older cat with a long gray coat approached Twistedleg next, her bottom teeth poking out slightly from under her top jaw. Twistedleg had the faintest memory of her, remembering her swirling silver pelt in the Starling's den when he was small. Her name was Silverstripe, right? ``It's good to see you again Twistedleg, you've grown so much since the last time I saw you!`` She smiles warmly and takes a few more careful steps toward him. ``Twistedleg, I give you the life of Peace. May you never forget the calmness of a mother's love, and carry an air of tranquillity with you as you lead``, she says as she moves her nose to his. Their noses make contact, and a sudden sadness flows through him- a grief more intense than any other he has felt. Images of mothers losing their Starlings, mentors losing their Starhoppers, and leaders losing their Star Striders flash through his mind. He staggers back has Silverstripe lifts her head, giving him one last smile as she walks away to join the others waiting.

Twistedleg looks at the next cat in shock, nodding his head as Sunstar approaches. ``It's an honor to see you here Twistedleg, nothing makes me prouder than seeing someone I trained follow in my footsteps``, Sunstar mews proudly, looking down at Twistedleg. The large cat leans down to Twistedleg. ``Twistedleg, I give you the life of Determination. No matter what you face, continue forward boldly and bravely!`` Sunstar touches his nose to Twistedleg, and yet again a fierce shot of pain racks through him, his eyes shutting closed as he clenches his jaw tight. And just as quick as it came, it left, leaving Twistedleg shaking slightly as Sunstar gave him a quick lick behind the ear before padding away, tail held high.

Next, an old tom stepped forwards. Twistedleg instinctively bowed his head, not wanting to offend the old cat. ``Hphm! Its good to see that they still teach you cats some manners! At least some of you``, he says, shooting a glare over to a snickering Flickerpaw before returning his gaze to Twistedleg, wheezing out a laugh. ``Twistedleg, I give you the life Humility. No matter what position you have, always remain humble and kind. The worst leader is a self absorbed one``, the old tom warns, touching his nose to Twistedleg's. And yet again the intense pain shoots through him, growing more and more painful with each life given. As the old tom walks away, Twistedleg worries if he'll be able to endure the last life as the final cat approaches.

She nods her head but keeps her eyes locked onto his, as if studying him. Twistedleg's stomach drops, nervous if what the cream colored she-cat was thinking. ``You're pretty important Twistedleg, maybe one of the most important leaders the Star Striders will have``, She states, as if simply making an observation. He nods nervously, not sure what to say. ``Twistedleg, it is with my greatest honor that I give you the life of Hope. No matter what despair you feel, remember there will always be good with the bad``, She says, leaning in slightly. Twistedleg goes to touch noses, dreading the pain he would feel, but before they can make contact, the she-cat pulls away slightly, looking through Twistedleg into his very soul. ``Before I give you your final life you must make a promise to me``, she meows, her voice almost a whisper. Twistedleg feels a chill run through him, fearful he might not receive his last life. He nods slowly, confused and worried. ``Promise me that no matter what, you won't let the Star Striders crumble into rubble. Promise me that the Star Striders won't fade away, and that you will do everything in your power to rebulid the clan.``

Twistedleg pauses for a moment but begins to nod. ``I promise``, he beings to say, ``I will do everything in my power to continue the Star Striders``. His answer seemed to appease the she-cat, and she nods once, as if approving his answer. Without notice, she shoves her head forward, and their noses connect. A searing white hot pain courses through Twistedleg, making him brace himself against the starry ground. He clenches his jaw and keeps his eyes shut, waiting for the pain to end. But the cream colored she-cat does not remove her nose. Twistedleg looks up weakly to see her gaze piercing into him, as if waiting for something. He shuts his eyes again and finds the determination within himself to stand back up to his full height, trying not to shake as he opens his eyes to meet the she-cat gaze. She pulls back and Twistedleg lets out a gasp, panting heavily as the she-cat nods. ``Sorry about that. I just wanted to make sure you were strong enough``, she says calmly. Twistedleg bites back a rude remark as the other cats begin to walk towards the pair.

A bit much, don't you think Lightstar?``, the elder tom remarks, laughing a little. ``He's fine Owltalon, he'll make a great leader``, she says, smiling. The starry cats surround him, all of them smiling and silently cheering him on. The she-cat, Lightstar, looks to Twistedleg. ``Twistedleg, it is with our honor to give you the name Twistedstar. You have proven yourself worthy of leading this clan. Remain confident and determined Twistedstar. And remember, you are never alone, your starry ancestors will always be with you, watching from up here``, she meows, bowing her head. All the other cats follow suite as they begin to fade away.

Twistedstar wakes up in the leader's den, the warm sunshine filtering through the cracked glass. He smiles, looking around the monster for a clean surface. He finds one on the soft seat he slept on, and digs a shallow line into it with his claw, making his mark as a leader. He turns around and hops out from the den, looking for a good place to start repairs.

Word Count: 2,224 words
Last edited by BigFrog4231 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:38 am, edited 19 times in total.
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:41 am

Username: MutatedCry
Clan: Clan of Eternal Sun

Quest 1:

[wip, no clue yet, might do Burning and her parents, or Obsidian and their kits, or Enkmari and her kits.]

Quest 2:

[wip, will be Ever, Burning, Spirit, and Dream walking through an abandoned city.]

Quest 3:

"You are very lucky, little spark."

The words were not physical, not spoken aloud, rather whispered with colors and abstract thoughts, the sensation of a cinder being stomped out, vague amusement and the sensation of something Greater than he, like how a puddle might feel about an ocean. Coyote struggled to his paws, digging his claws into the sand in a desperate attempt to gain some stability against the turbulence. "...What happened?" He asked, and though he spoke normally it sounded like a whisper.

"You died."

"Oh." He said simply. And yeah, now that the entity mentioned it, the sensations came back, of overwhelming heat in his fur and the feeling of grit in his mouth, of his heart fluttering in his chest and raging in his head. Of the sun red-hot against his back. And oh, he really was the worst desert cat alive (unalive?), wasn't he?

"You're the sun."

"And you are a cat." Again, there was the vague sense of amusement. "A cat of sand and fire, no less. Tell me. Do you want to see this through the very end?"

Awe, fear, and terror flowed through Coyote, standing his fur on end. That sounded like a Deal, and you didn't make those lightly, not if you still had something to lose. But Coyote didn't have anything, did he? Only the empty shell of a body once his. No kin, no family, and nothing to call his own but a future of wandering the Elsewhere. "Is this a trick?" He still asked, though he shook with fear.

"No trick." And it felt honest. Calm. Nothing to hide and no shred of doubt. "Though you are a wise one to ask."

"Then yes. I wish to see this through the end."

There was a humming. "Good choice, little spark. Then look at me."

And he did. And the sun seared his eyes, burning white-hot in his skull, but he did not look away, because he had nothing to lose. And the pain slowly ebbed away, and when he blinked the tears from his eyes the world felt different. Warmer. His heart thudded in his ribcage again, a steady, comforting rhythm.

"You are now one of my children, Coyotesun." The deity spoke, and it felt Right. As if something he didn't know had been missing had snapped into place. "You will see the end, and will burn through it. The sun is in your favor. I wish you luck."

430 words

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:04 pm

Username: dascanadiansparkle
    Clan: Galactic Skies

Response: wip
    Word Count: (If applicable)

Word Count: (If applicable)
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: stars quest board - november quests!!

Postby coffee.berry » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:31 pm

PeaceClan

QUEST #1
Tell me about a regret one of your cats keeps secret.
You may draw or write your response to this prompt.

[336 words]

I regret lying to my old clan.

Once, I was just wandering about at camp, and all of a sudden, I feel a strange urge to just.. do something.

So, I went over to the food pile, and hid there. Then, when no one was there, I munched all of the food up, and when the next day our leader asked who did it, I blamed my denmate. Lemonjuice. Lemonjuice was a lemon-coloured Angora cat, and she was one of my good friends.

Lemonjuice was punished, and kicked out of her clan because she took all our food. She looked at me sadly, and left. I felt so bad for her, I mean, my friend! It was me who ate it all. I deserved to be kicked out.

But, there was this strange little voice inside me, whispering "Yo, Oakspeck! Wanna do something fun?". "No!" I answered in my head. "I listened to you once and my friend got kicked out!"
"That's true, Speck, but wouldn't it be fun to take Bearberry's medicine cat stuff and hide it?" the voice giggled.

I know I shouldn't have done it, but that little voice pushed me and pushed me, and in the end, I did it. I took Bearberry's stuff and hid it in a hole I dug.

And when they asked us all who did it, I said Blacktail. Bearberry's brother! He was my enemy, but it still felt wrong. "Oaskspeck's a lier!" he yelled.

The whole clan turned to look at me. "Oakspeck, is this true?" our leader asked me. I nodded.

"I also was the fault you kicked Lemonjuice out!" I yelled. "I know that no matter what I do, I'm gonna be unforgivable for the end of time. So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to let myself out of this clan. I'm sorry guys, I'm sorry."

And I left. But now I'm here! And I never did anything again.

But I do regret all those things. I'm sorry, Lemonjuice, and, I'm sorry Blacktail.

QUEST #2
Tell me about your clan's relationships with twolegs!
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Tell about your leader receiving their 9 lives.
(Or meeting with their ancestors / something spiritual/supernatural)

You may only write your response to this prompt.

[707 words]

Silverflame blinked.

All of a sudden, she was in the Cave Of Secrets, staring into the crystal clear water underneath the Dragon Stone.

She took a deep breath, lay down in the water, and fell asleep.

When her eyes opened, she was in some kind of festival! There were lanterns in the starry sky, and cats with a twinkling white aura around them. The only one without an aura.. was her.

"Welcome to the Leader Coronation!" a loud voice boomed from the sky.

"Oh my twinklepaws.." Silverflame whispered. She was the only one without an aura. The only one. Everything made sense now! The twinkly cats were Twinklepaws, and they were having a leader coronation.. for her!

She ran over to where a bunch of cats (probably just a thousand or so, only the special and new ones) were sitting in a circle. "Ah, SIlverflame! Hello, and thank you for coming." the voice from the sky boomed, a bit more softly. "Please sit in the middle, and you shall receive your nine lives."

Silverflame did as she was told, and a beautiful long-haired calico came up front. "Mum," Silverflame breathed.

"My child. This is TwinkleClan, where all the Twinklepaws wander. I will miss you dearly once again when you go, but now, let's get on with this beautiful ceremony. I, Peacestar, give Silverflame, my daughter, the life of love. With this life, you shall help others see that there is no need for being enemies. As a brave Twinklepaw once said, love everyone, friend or foe." Peacestar licked Silverflame's nose, and went back.

Silverflame's mentor, Caracaleye, stepped forward.

"Hello, Silver. We meet again! I, Caracaleye, give Silverflame, my apprentice, the life of trust. With this life, you shall use trust to make new friends, to create a clan full of trust. Use it well."

A bengal cat Silverflame didn't recognize came up next.

"Hello, Silverflame. I am Tornstar, the leader of Twinkleclan. I, Tornstar, give Silverflame, my star child, the life of courage. With this life, you will climb the tallest mountains, swim in the deepest rivers, and fight fights with respect. Have a good day."

Silverflame's sister, Eternity, came now.

"Hello, sister. I have waited long to meet you again! I, Eternity, give Silverflame, my sister, the life of nobility. With this life, you will be kind to everyone and everything. See you at the end of the rainbow!"

Next up was Rosewhisker, Silverflame's best friend.

"Friend! I hope you do well in everything you do. I, Rosewhisker, give Silverflame, my best friend, the life of protection. With this life, I will protect you and anyone you wish in times of danger. But, if I cannot help, you shall protect yourself and the others. I know it will come in handy."

Otterfur, Silverflame's old clan's medicine cat's turn was now.

"Silverflame. I, Otterfur, give Silverflame the life of dreaming. With this life, you will see through even in the darkest times, because you will be the brightest star in the darkness. With that star, you will give hope to others, and they will use their own stars to get through, too."

Angelpaw, Silverflame's friend who died as an apprentice came up.

"Hello, Silverflame. I hoped I would see you here! I, Angelpaw, give Silverflame, my friend, the life of consideration. With this life, you wont run and do something without thinking, like I did."

Sunny, Silverflame's protector in her old twoleg home, was the one to come before the last cat to give her a life,

"Hello, Sweetheart! It's me, the cat who took care of you when you first came into our house. I, Sunny, wish that you, Silverflame, will be a great leader, and that your clan will look up to you!"

Riverstar, the first leader to ever make a clan, came up.

"Hello, Silverflame. I am always honoured to crown new leaders! I, Riverstar, give Silverflame, the new leader of PeaceClan, the life of leadership. With this life, you will lead your clan to fights, fight for them, and be their leader. Everyone, now Silverflame has received her nine lives, I hereby name her SILVERSTAR!!!"

All the Twinklepaw cats started to clap, and TwinkleClan started to fade away..

A new leader was here.

hii! i'm aya/vai <3 feel free to shoot me a pm, i don't bite!!
    status: really busy in real life so if i respond late, sorry <3
    © ~ she/her ~ toyhouse
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jazz. » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Username: jazz.
Clan: ronan's vow

Response: Image

Response: Image[/size]

Response: Unwavering Pillar's crowning ceremony
    "I don't think you're lifting your share of his weight!" Dashing Manor was the burliest of the three littermates yet he still huffed underneath the weight of the deceased Striking Judgement. Their father had finally followed the Regina into the Sky of Lanterns and it was now time for a new Rex to be crowned.
    "Pill is stepping on my tail," Constant Essence complained, expertly navigating around Manor's accusation, "I can't work under these conditions."
    "And here I was worried that he had been losing weight," It was unlike Manor to be so aggressive but grief does funny things, "Essay, I swear on all things holy, if you drop Father..."
    Pillar burst into laughter and as if lifted from a spell, the anger drained from the arguing siblings' faces. This whole situation was outrageous; who else was expected to carry their own dead father up a worn, twisting staircase of a lighthouse? He continued as they ascended, now the only sounds following them were their own pawsteps and Pillar's half-mad laughter bouncing off the old cement walls. He was only nineteen moons old and yet was supposed to be alright with watching everybody else gracefully age past him? Wait...he wouldn't even be able to watch anyone add grey hairs to their muzzle or see his own kits when he started a family. It was a cruel joke that the journey up the lighthouse would be so dreary and monotone; Pillar's last hour or so of sight was wasted on the grey walls. Because that was the curse of Ronan's Vow; the Ancient Powers had deemed him the most worthy, allowing his mind to be bombarded with many lifetimes of memories of the past rulers. Every routine day seemed to be multiplied tenfold as the monotonous tasks remained no matter the time and many nights Pillar jolted awake from a nightmare that wasn't originally his. If only the original Ronan had not feared passing on to the Sky of Lanterns, maybe Pillar, Manor, and Essence would instead be preparing a simple gravesite. But it was about time for Pillar to step into the name and role of Ronan who had traded his eyes and freedom for an extra chance at living among these seaside cliffs.
    The trio was so engrossed in their own thoughts that they ran into the loose hatch that led to the lantern room. As Essence pushed the door open and shimmied through first, Manor asked if Pillar was doing alright.
    Pillar tried to gather himself and took a shaky breath, "No," He choked on his words, "I don't think so."
    "I'll go next with Father," Manor responded as if Pillar said he was fine and dandy. There really was no other option; Pillar had long since agreed to be Judgement's successor. And truthfully, he was still very willing to be but it was just a tad bit overwhelming at the moment. Shaking his head, Pillar helped boost Judgement's body through the hatch and for the first time that night, Pillar was alone. He shut his eyes and rifled through the collection of memories that stored themselves in his mind but none came to the front. He grumbled to himself; usually, he had no issues recalling the most useless of memories but the one time he tried to find another Rex's crowning, his mind was blank.
    "Are you alright down there?" Essence's concerned voice rang down. It seemed that Manor had told her he was having a rough time.
    Pillar tried to say he would be up in a second but words didn't seem to want to form, and he was forced to clamber through the hatch to join the rest of his family. Striking Judgement was laid in front of the ship-signaling light, and from afar it would appear as if the large tom was peacefully sleeping.
    "After you," Manor bowed out of his way and Essence looked at Pillar expectantly. They had no idea what the next step entailed.
    To be completely honest, Pillar didn't know all the details either but it didn't matter; his body moved almost on autopilot as if he had done this dozens of times before (and he had in a sense). He curled up next to his father and gestured for his littermates to join him. "Let your path be as bright as the stars," Pillar murmured as he shut his eyes, hoping the prayer could help guide Judgement's spirit to rest.
    "And yours," A familiar rumble came from his side. Pillar opened his eyes to find himself in the Sky of Lanterns joined by Manor and Essence. And directly to his right sat Judgement as if he really did just wake up from a deep slumber.
    "Father!" Essence cried happily as she rushed to his side to brush against his coat.
    He purred in greeting to his children, and after he had welcomed them he turned back to Pillar. "Are you ready, son?"
    Pillar would give anything to stay in this one moment forever...in this warm, eternal forest with his family surrounding him...if only his mother could join them right now, but they had already sent her off on her own journey in the Sky of Lanterns. It was the duty of the last ruler to pass on the crown. "I-I don't know."
    "It's going to be alright," Judgement's low voice soothed his worries just like they've had many times before. He leaned closer, "Remember, I'll always be very close to you...right up here..." He lightly bumped Pillar's forehead with his.
    Right...soon Pillar will have added all of Judgement's memories to his arsenal. "I just don't want to screw anything up."
    Judgement leaned back overcome with a hearty chuckle, "I've screwed up so many times," He reassured, "The good news is that you'll have all the power to try to fix anything as Rex."
    "And us," Essence prodded Pillar with a claw, "Did you think we'd just let you run around ruining things?" Manor nodded very seriously.
    Pillar allowed himself a shaky smile. "Alright then. I'm ready..."
    Judgement stood tall, towering over Pillar like usual causing his fleeting worry of his own lackluster presence would be disappointing. He snapped back to reality as Judgement started speaking. "I, former Rex Striking Judgement, bestow my title, memories, and blessings upon Unwavering Pillar, allowing him to continue my rule to the best of his ability. From this night on, you shall be Rex Unwavering Pillar of Ronan's Vow, and your vision will be relinquished to bound you to our territory until the day you die. Congratulations, Rex Unwavering Pillar." Judgement ended the ceremony with a proud smile, "You're going to do wonderfully."
    "Vivat rex! Vivat rex!" Pillar's littermates chanted from behind. Pillar had forgotten they were there; he was too busy wallowing in his thoughts.
    "I can still see," Pillar had opened his mouth to thank his father or to say something a bit more eloquent but that was the only thing he could come up with.
    "You'll be able to see in the Sky of Lanterns as Ronan, yes, but once you return to your corporal body, your eyes will be clouded over." Judgement explained. "So when you return here every month, you will be able to look around." Pillar nodded. "Then this is farewell," Judgement gave each of his kits a rough nuzzle with his muzzle, "and a promise to see each of you once again when it is your time to join the Sky of Lanterns."
    As Judgement faded along with the stars, so did Pillar's field of vision; when he was sure that he was once again fully conscious, it was hard to tell. It seemed like he only had his eyes shut but no matter how much he blinked, the lantern room would not come back into view.
    "Wild," Manor was back to his usual collected self, "but we will leave you here in the lantern room if you need to be carried all the way back down."
    "We won't carry you but we won't leave you," Essence assured him. Pillar could only guess that she shot Manor an annoyed look.
    Pillar nodded absentmindedly while he stepped towards the hatch with ease. One would think that navigating the world suddenly blinded would be daunting but now that Pillar was actually doing it, he found that finding important landmarks was muscle memory. "Do you know how often we have found this exit?" Pillar's voice asked evenly.
    "...we?" Essence sounded slightly concerned as if her brother had finally collapsed into a mental breakdown.
    "Ronan, of course," Pillar flipped open the hatch after feeling for it with his paws, "Long live the king."
Word Count: 1442 words
Last edited by jazz. on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
━━ ❝Ah,━━━━━━━━
"чσu dσn't knσw hσw hígh í cαn flч"
| shє/hєr | lσvєr σf hσrsєs |
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xImage
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
IS THE
━━━━━━━━━━━
ImageImage
links
┌─────┐
└─────┘

GOLDEN BOWL!━
THE SPIRIT FLOWN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━
ImagexXImage
jazz.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:32 am

Username: Vinson
Clan: Clan of the Broken Night

Response:

Carrionstar glanced down from the metal pipe he sat on in the abandoned building his new clan, the Clan of the Broken Night, now called home. He knew they would need to move eventually, but it was peaceful here - for now. The clan was sleepy and mulled about slowly, but he could pick each and every one of them out and knew their stories, their qualities, the ranks he had assigned them to. A purr rose in his throat. This was his clan. He was their charge, their leader, their protector and guide. But with a sharp sting in his heart, he remembered that he had not yet received his nine lives. He was anxiously awaiting the moment that Deathwish would take him to Bird’s Watch, the place where they could both reach out and touch the stars together, and where he would receive his full status as a leader.

But he cringed at the thought of it as well. Starclan, his ancestors, had turned their back on him when they allowed Weatheredrock to manipulate Stonestar and drive him out of Peakclan for a crime he did not commit. Who would he receive his lives from, if not Starclan and his ancestors? He shook his head and closed his eyes, the newly blind one still tender. He must have faith that the right thing would happen, that he would be accepted by at least some of his ancestors.
Deathwish padded up behind him and flicked her tail over his shoulder.
“It is time to touch the stars,” the blind blue molly rasped, and Carrionstar stood and turned around to face her. “I will lead you to Bird’s Watch, but I don’t know if your ancestors will tolerate my presence at your ceremony,” she mewed, flicking an ear back irritably, hazy eyes narrowed.

Carrionstar knew that when Deathwish had joined the clan, there was something special about her - despite being completely blind, she knew exactly where everything was, as if there was a map of the city in her mind. And she saw things that other cats, living cats, shouldn’t see. Spirits and ghosts and premonitions and omens, things that Carrionstar could now just barely make out himself, starry outlines against the darkness, thanks to his half blind gaze. One of these barely visible spirits had been the one to lead him and a small patrol to Bird’s Watch the first time, seeking out a cat who could heal Morningdew’s sickness, and Deathwish had been the one.

Now the two padded out of the camp together, Carrionstar with a quick glance at Crowcrawl, Soulstealer, and Rustlingraven, the three who he had appointed in charge during his absence. He knew he would have to choose a deputy soon, and hoped that tonight’s visit with the stars would guide him towards the right choice. Would it be Crowcrawl, the tom who shared his former name and ambition? Or Soulstealer, dark and mysterious but brave and with a sound mind. But Rustlingraven shared these qualities as well, and would be sure to always provide for the clan. He closed his eyes, trying to drive the doubt from his mind. He would know soon enough.

In the cover of darkness the pair made their way out of the den and into the bustling city. Cars honked, dogs barked, humans yowled, but Carrionstar forced it all out and focused on the task ahead. It wasn’t a long walk to the Watch, as the clan had settled close to it after finding Deathwish, and they mainly stuck to back alleys and side streets to avoid danger. With every step the pair drew closer, and Carrionstar felt even more nervous. What if he was not deemed worthy of the nine lives of a leader?

Carrionstar glanced up, looking at the towering stone and wooden structure that was Bird’s Watch. It was old and falling apart, but they both knew that this was where they must go to connect with the stars above. He paused briefly, taking a deep breath, as Deathwish turned back towards him. Her blind blue gaze glowed deeply in the moonlight, and the wind gently battered the pair, sending scents of sand and the sea towards them and the city they had just left behind.

“Follow me, but say nothing, not until we leave to return to the clan,” she instructed him, her voice clear. And with that final instruction she turned and leapt towards the entrance of the Watch, Carrionstar close on her heels. Up the stairs they went, mindful of their paws on the creaking and rotting wood, until they spiraled up to the very top. There was a small hole in the ceiling that Deathwish squeezed through, Carrionstar following dutifully, and the pair then emerged on the top of the Watch.

The stars felt so close - it was almost as if he could reach out with a paw and grasp them, pulling them back down to the waking world. He closed his eyes and still saw their brightness, little dots in the black night. The broken night.

Deathwish nudged his shoulder and sat down, extending her nose towards the stars, and so Carrionstar did the same.

Within moments he was surrounded by starry figures, blurs he could barely make out, whirling around him. His heart beat threateningly fast, and he opened his jaws slightly in awe. He had not expected to see this many cats tonight. But he couldn’t pick out a single one he knew. He was disappointed for only a few seconds, however, as a strong figure strode towards him, breaking out from the whirling mass of unidentifiable cats.

“Sharpstar!” he gasped, eyes wide. The leader who he had dragged, dead, from a flash flood that ravaged the cave stood once more, strong and healthy, in front of him now.
The old cat smiled at him gently, but with pain in his eyes as well. “Crowclimb-”
“I am no longer Crowclimb,” Carrionstar murmured gently, cutting off Sharpstar. “I am Carrion. And after I receive these nine lives, I will have truly earned the name Carrionstar.”
Sharpstar nodded. “Very well,” he continued. “I know it was my son who gave you those scars, after driving you from Peakclan. I will never be able to forgive him for his actions, but those decisions came back to haunt him, and the clan as a whole. They all perished when an avalanche struck the camp, trapping them inside the cave.”

Carrionstar gasped. Never had he expected something so devastating to happen to his former clanmates - and all of them, dying at the same time and of the same fate? He shuddered. No cat, no clan, deserved a fate like that - no matter their former actions.

“Carrionstar, you were meant to lead. It was your destiny to leave Peakclan and form your own clan, and you have done just that. But that does not mean that your ancestors have deserted you,” Sharpstar meowed, looking behind him at the mass of swirling stars. Slowly Carrionstar began to pick out figures he knew, tears in his eyes as he recognized his former clanmates.

“Carrionstar, I am here to give you your first life,” Sharpstar said as the figures sat and waited, looking on at him proudly. He gently touched his nose to Carrionstar’s. “With this life, I give you the quality of selflessness. When you leaped into the flood to save me, you thought only of your clan and not of yourself. Continue to use this gift well to serve your clan - consider not how you can advance your power, or control other cats, but instead think of them all as a whole and put their lives above your comfort.”
A flash of pain shot through Carrionstar’s body, seemingly rattling his bones, before it settled and he felt only the pride of a successful and fair leader. Sharpstar smiled and stepped back, nodding to another figure.

“Stonestar, it’s good to see you again,” he mewed warily, unsure of his former mentor and leader. But Sharpstar only smiled fondly, touching their noses together
“With this life, I give you the gift of forgiveness.” There was sadness in his eyes as he gave this life. “You must not hold on to past grudges, or consider only how a cat has wronged you. Trust your clanmates, and learn to forgive them. Your clan will support you all the more.”

This life was not as painful as the last, but it still wracked his body, a sharp shock, before a buzz in his brain and a warm feeling in his heart. He nodded as Stonestar made room for another cat to come forward.

The small, white footed molly that stepped forward brought only joy to Carrionstar’s heart. Snowfoot, Stonestar’s mate, had been like a second mother to him. She stepped forward and the two touched noses, Carrionstar anticipating her life’s gift.
“With this life, I give you unity. You must be strong to draw these cats together into a real clan, not simply a group of loners and rogues and kittypets. You must find the strength to unite them all under the warrior code - or at least, your version of it.”
As Snowfoot spoke, Carrionstar felt courage and strength pulsing under his pelt, deep in his muscles, as if his body was ready to carry him to the ends of the earth for his clan.

Still feeling the effects of Snowfoot’s life, Carrionstar barely noticed the quick, lithe molly that came to stand in front of him - but it was his first apprentice, Rushingwind. They touched noses, and her starry eyes shone bright.
“My former mentor, with this life I give you confidence. You trained me well, and always trusted your instincts to guide you down the right path no matter what. Be confident in your decisions, and your clan will prosper,” she spoke gently, and Carrionstar felt as if there was a fire in his belly. He wanted to yowl as the pain overtook his body, but he emerged feeling even better than he had before she had given her life.

Two cats approached him next, and he fought back a sob as he saw his adoptive sisters, Pebblefall and Glacierstream. Pebblefall stepped forward first, and Carrionstar felt tears in his eyes as they touched noses.
“With this life, I give you hope. Nothing can fall into complete darkness if you hold out hope - both for yourself and your clanmates,” she murmured, but Carrionstar barely heard her. This life hurt more than all the others combined, and he knew that he must stay strong and carry this life preciously. Hope had been the only thing to keep him alive when he was exiled. It would be the only thing to keep his clan alive in harsh times.
Glacierstream came forward as Carrionstar was recovering from his last life, but she gently reached out anyways. “Brother, with this life I give you the gift of healing. Not all wounds are physical, and you must learn how to heal rifts and divides between clanmates as well as bodily injuries.”
Carrionstar sighed as her life coursed through his body, seeping into every bone. It was gentle and caring.

Carrionstar wailed as he saw his mother, Feathercloud, approach him next. The pair embraced for a moment before touching noses.
“My precious son, with this life I give you both the gift and curse of a mother’s love,” she spoke, voice wavering. “There is nothing more powerful than the love a mother has for her kits, and you must use this gift to watch over and protect your clan with a mother’s eye and heart and claws.”
This life pierced him straight through the heart, and he felt the air drained from his lungs, pain sweeping through his body, before gently pulsing. He felt an entire range of emotions in mere seconds, and looked up gratefully at his mother as she turned away and swept her tail across his shoulder.

The next cat to join him wobbled slightly, and Carrionstar immediately recognized the young chocolate tom as Eaglepaw.
“Carrionstar,” he purred, looking gratefully up into his mentor’s eyes, “with this life I give you patience. You were patient with me, and must continue to wait and be patient with your clan and all the new members that will join you. Trust them and their abilities.”
This life was pleasant - while he felt it stream through his body, it gave him endurance, and it felt as if he could sit here and wait forever.

When Carrionstar opened his eyes, he was surprised to see a tiny kit striding towards him - until he recognized her as Skykit, his sister who he had never known.
He smiled and leaned down so she could press her little nose against his, but she spoke with the confidence and authority of a leader.
“With this life, your last, I give you faith. Faith in yourself and your decisions, in your clanmates, and most of all, faith in the stars and your ancestors. We are watching over you always - trust that we will not lead you astray,” she spoke, giving him his last life.

Carrionstar felt as if he was struck by lightning, that same electric shock coursing through him once more as he turned his eyes towards the stars and the starry cats, his ancestors and his friends and his family. His eyes shone as they hailed him by his new name -
“Carrionstar! Carrionstar! Carrionstar!” they called, loud and raucous, proud of him and his achievements despite all he had faced. Carrionstar was relieved. How could he have ever believed that these cats would not support him, that they would have deserted him?

“Your next step is to name your deputy,” Skykit murmured, her voice rising above the crowd’s. “Do not rush - the right cat will come to you in time. Balance your skills with theirs, and make sure you both hold the same vision of success for the clan.”
Carrionstar shook his head. Were they not going to instruct him, as they had led him to Deathwish? He wanted to make the right choice - there was nothing more dangerous than a power hungry deputy who had ambitions above their wildest dreams.
“We will not tell you who to choose right now. You must trust yourself and the cats of your clan, and discuss your thoughts with Deathwish. She will not lead you in the wrong direction,” Skykit purred, closing her eyes. “But now is the time to say goodbye. I hope we will meet again soon.”

Carrionstar blinked, and he was once again in the living world. He sighed, feeling the power of his nine new lives coursing through his body, and Deathwish gently reached out a paw and placed it on his.
“Congratulations,” she murmured, blind eyes seemingly staring into his eyes, reading his every thought, reliving his every memory.
“Thank you,” he nodded, taking a deep breath. “Now I am truly ready to lead my clan. It is time to return.”

Word Count: 2518 words
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ivyy. » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:46 am

Username: bunnoblizzard
Clan: ≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n

Quest Number: Quest #1
Response:
"𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙬𝙤 𝙤𝙛 𝙪𝙨, 𝙬𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙬𝙚 𝙩𝙧𝙮"

Peachcrown walked, slow to the rhythm of her own isolation. Peachcrown promised him her return but the scarlet skies and the cotton candy clouds that she began staring upon made her quietly sound. Her mind slowed to the lazy song of the gentle breeze, sweeping through her golden and cream fur, her heart where the sun was, warming her with all its might. How do I do this? She asked herself, the question sweeping her off her feet. Peachcrown had recently been spending a lot of time with her best friend Bolin and had recently fallen hard for him, his kindness and affectionate personality making her melt inside. There was one issue, though.

Peachcrown knows that her sister, Cherrybounce somehow has fallen for him too. Cherrybounce doesn't know Peachcrown's newfound feelings for the tom and can't help but continuously shoot her shot with him. As much as Peachcrown acknowledges her sister's feelings, she can only hope to keep it a secret from everyone. Even if she told a single cat, the rumours would spread like wildfire and Peachcrown fears she'll lose Bolin and Cherrybounce in the proccess which would only lead to destruction of her friendships and overall social life. Peachcrown continued her slowed stride as she wandered her clan's large territory, not in any particular rush. Unfortunately, this hadn't lasted very long.

She overheard two cats talking in a low tone in the bushes beyond and she grew curious to know what was awaiting her on the other side of the bushes. Cherrybounce's voice grew more obvious than the other voice. Peachcrown leaned forward and peeked through the thick, secretive undergrowth, her tail waving back and forth in mixed emotions, mostly anxiety, per usual with her. Bolin and Cherrybounce sat facing each other, talking and sounding quite gleeful. Peachcrown continued to watch in quiet agony, her bright emerald eyes practically glowing with invasive interest in the scene unfolding in front of her. Bolin's gaze drifted to her and he jumped in alarm, assuming she was a predator and whispering to Cherrybounce to stay where she was silent.

Peachcrown had unfortunately not caught on to the fact he had noticed her intrusive gaze gleaming in the bushes. He wiggled his hunches as if getting ready for a pounce, which he was, and then he leaped. All too late Peachcrown noticed that he had seen her in the thick of the leaves. Bolin and Peachcrown rolled backward until they both bonked into a tree's thick oak trunk. Bolin pinned her and Peachcrown's face grew hot with embarrassment and shame. Neither of them spoke until Bolin's protective gaze cleared, "Peachcrown?" He asked in sudden utter confusion. Peachcrown just stared back up at him until her face grew as red as a tomato and she mewed, "H-hi."
Word Count: 473 words

Quest Number: Quest #3
Response:
"𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣, 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪..."

Sorren hadn't imagined that the rockslide could've so swiftly ended his big sister. Sorren had to watch in horror as the boulders ended up tumbling onto her instead of him after she had pushed him out of the way. Sorrel had been with him for so long, helping and providing for him when he was barely able to manage a squeak. But what could he do? Stay here and wait for her to emerge? Getting his hopes up at any shift in the devilish rocks? No. There was nothing he could do except try his very hardest to move on from the trauma of what had just happened in front of his own eyes.

The death of his sister had impacted poor little Sorren greatly. He didn't know how to hunt or fight or even find useful herbs so he was stuck on an unwanted diet, cold and shivering with nothing but a large leaf or some bushes as protection from the fearful chill of what would happen next. Sorren, alongside these ultimate new challenges, had to face the facts that he would never see his sister again and Sorren would have to live without her. Somehow, this pain was worse than the pit in his stomach or his frostbitten pink nose, no. This was much, much worse than that.

Several weeks later, the snow managed to continue piling higher and higher until he was driven into a dung-smelling barn filled with scary large animals that could crush him under their weight, just like what had happened to his sister. His ribs were poking sharply through his pelt by now when the sound of an owl touched his ears, a sound even the creatures within the barn couldn't chase away. He sighed heavily, too weak to become more afraid than he already was. Sorren's purple eyes glistened with distant acceptance, this owl had come to finish him off so he could live once more with his sister wherever his next journey would be.

A drifting echo caressed his heart, the voice of a lost one he dearly remembered, "Sorren!" He heard his sister cry before his eyes shut on him and a dim, blackened abyss was awakened in front of him. He was floating throughout nothing. His sister's voice, edging the darkness of his holding cell, called for him until he saw the light brown tabby she-cat himself. He barrelled towards her in joy when he heard the words, "You're not dead, wake up! I'll be right beside you!" She told him, ushering him strongly awake.

As our brave, young tom awoke he found that it was not a cat waiting for him but instead a tawny barn owl with an unusually concerned expression that shocked him. "Sorren!" It screeched, not as loud to the other surrounding animals as it was to me. A cool numbness swarmed his muscles, fear ached within him and he found the strength to stand. "I found you after all this time. It's me, Sorrel." He screeched, much quieter than before. "N-no... I must be hallucinating. Owls cannot speak..." But somehow, he found it within himself to think that perhaps this was his late older sister.
Word Count: 532 words
Last edited by ivyy. on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:40 am

- Coyote / Unohdettu -