Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby xem » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:49 am

Those of the Grotto
SonOfStarGod

Previous Reply

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

The sun hung heavy in the sky, bearing down on the two mollys. Other than the heat, it was a beautiful day. Every now and then clouds wandered through the blue abyss, covering the sun and creating partial relief to the heat.

As the two stopped for water, The One Who Knows No Bounds couldn’t help but eye the greenery growing around the spring. Her eyes darted to her partner, “Think any of those will be of use?” She asked, pawing through the growth. Greenery was rare around the hot and desolate lands, and they both knew gathering essential herbs could be incredibly useful. Love’s Grace helped pick a few herbs until they were satisfied, laying them down gently. “Our day is off to a lovely start.” She purred, her tail brushing across The One’s back.

【 +1 Dock, +1 Lamb’s Ear, +1 Wintergreen, +3 XP】

Love’s Grace picked up the herbs in her jaws, while The One took the lead on their relaxing journey, to find whatever should be given to them, and to enjoy the glorious day.

Out of nowhere a small creature came jumping, spooked, right towards The One, who swiftly caught it in her paws. A jerboa. Though she could only feel worried rather than pleased. Something had spooked this creature.

【 +1 Jerboa (2 FP), +2 XP 】

The two set their food and herbs down to converse. “Do you see anything out there? That jerboa was running from something.” Love’s Grace said nervously, staring out into the distance. Zombies crossed their mind, though it didn’t seem very believable that a zombie would find it worthwhile to travel on such a hot day.

“Maybe it was—“ The One Started, before being cut off.

“Look, over there!” Love’s Grace said, pointing with her tail at the direction the jerboa had run from. It was a tortoiseshell cat, making their way towards them. Instinctively, the two cats drew closer together. “Stand your ground. There’s two of us, only one of them. Let’s just see what they want first… No need to imply a fight. Yet.”

The cat was making their way closer, but the closer they got, the more tired and disheveled they looked. It was clear this cat wasn’t a threat at all, but clearly seeking something else.

Before the two she-cats could speak, the stranger began to first. “Please, you’ve got to help me. Have you seen another cat around? Or scented one?” She asked urgently. “My name is Furzetuft, I’m not from around here.” She added, to try and prove she was no harm. “I just need help finding my friend, to make sure they’re okay. This heat is unbearable, I can’t imagine the other dangers that lurk here!” The worried cat exclaimed.

❖ Furzetuft needs help finding a cat! Will your patrol help her look?

◤⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◥

❖ 【 +20 XP for Words Written
❖ 【
+10 XP for Patrol Sent
❖ 【
+2 XP Prey, +3 XP Herb

Total

+35 XP
+1 Jerboa (2 FP)
+1 Dock
+1 Lamb’s Ear
+1 Wintergreen

Level 0 → Level 0 (35/100)

2 Free Posts Remaining

◣⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯◢

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0187.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:24 am

SMOKECLAN !!
    x( artmajor archive last post )

With the force of the patrol at his back, he was ready. He lifted his chin high and squared his shoulders. Calm, cool and confident. Anything more and anything less meant trouble. Trouble best avoided.

The aroma of roses and rot ran rampant through his nose as he neared the border.

But it wasn't the only thing running. Sniffing, he lifted a paw, touching it to the tip of his nose. Wet. Along with the little tickle at the back of his throat… it was terrible timing. (smokestar has fallen ill ─ see below for healing options!)

"Are you alright?" Honeyroot. Touching a tail to his flank, she eased into step beside him, the breeze cradling her flitting pawsteps. “You seem…”

At the hush of her voice, the rogues quieted. The rush of their breaths, the pitter-patter of their heartbeats, the only song above the rush of distant waves. Up close, that single scent of rot and roses diverged, no longer one. Now, two distinct scents lingered in the salty breeze. One of roses and the other of rot.

A duo. The pair were close… close enough for their scents to be almost permanently intermingled.

"…didn't think they'd actually come." One voice, low and raspy. His floral scent lingered, intertwined with the breeze. "This was just a scoping trip━"

"Now what, idiot?" Another voice, deceptively soft. She was a slender blade, sheathed in soft silk, but underneath all sharp angles and edges. The stench of rot poured off her accompanied with the clink of something… metallic. A chain-link collar? "You summoned them."

"Uh…" An awkward chuckle caught in the other's throat. He coughed. "Well, I don't think attacking them is wise."

Smokestar's brows creased.

"Instead!" A light clatter skittered across the border as the tom slid a rough bundle to his paws. "We're calling a truce. You don't attack us today, we don't attack you. Another day, another story." (+1 willow bark)

Tumblecreek snorted softly, muzzle pressed close to his ear. "Is that wise━"

But the scrape of claws against stone signalled that the pair had come and gone, swift like the pull and push of high tides. And like the cool, cleansing essence of rainfall, the scent of rot and roses drifted. Fading. His claws tightened against the stone beneath his paws, head pounding as soft murmurs rippled around him from the patrol. Perhaps for the best, too.

Smokestar has fallen ill! He needs one of the following herbs to heal: +1 celandine, +1 dandelion, +1 dock or +1 parsley.
    While Smokestar may continue patrolling, he'll lose -10% health in each future explore post (if he isn't healed)! </3

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ smokestar (30% hunger), honeyroot (30% hunger),
    xxxxxtumblecreek (30% hunger), mochaswirl (20% hunger)

xxsickness
    xxxx↳ smokestar (not sick → sick!)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +20XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +1XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+no prey </3
    xx+1 willow bark

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +31XP → level 1 (137/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: ahh, i'm glad you had fun designing that code! thank you for updating that! <33

also sneaking this in here! if you don't quite have the right herbs to heal sickness, don't stress! try swapping herbs with mousespeck or posting an ad to #stars-ads channel in stars' discord to see if any users would be willing to trade the herb you're looking for! let me know if you have any further questions at all! ^^
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SonOfStarGod » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:16 pm

xxxx
last explore last reply storage ©

spacer spacer spacer

Love's Grace and The One glanced over at each other in a sort of strange disbelief. They did not even have to speak to each other to know what the other was thinking.

"Of course, we will help you! I am Love's Grace, and this is my mate, The One That Knows No Bound. Do you know which way your friend went?"

"That way," the tortie said ominously, looking north, "I followed her sent from all the way down south, but I lost it a little bit back!" The two mates looked at each other, the best case scenario was that they were just a little bit ahead, and the worst case scenario... well, the north is not a particularly friendly place, even for a wasteland like this.

So the two were off over the loess to the north. Jumping up onto a small hoodoo, Love crouched down, pushing herself flat against the warm rock; The One quickly scurried into a small bush, trying her best to avoid the prickles. Looking out across the plain, they saw it, a small hoard. Dragging their feet, they twitched as they moved east, and both cats felt a twinge of worry for their newfound acquaintance. She was farther south than the zombies were going but still.

The two waited a fair bit of time for the beings to move on, long enough for the sun to just begin to dip below the horizon. Crawling out for the bush, The One stretched, burs sticking from her fur, luckily none from any cacti. Love leaped down from her hoodoo, landing with a soft thud, almost spraining her ankle.

"Here, let me help you," said Love reaching over to groom her love. The barbs were sharp in her mouth, but she did not care anything; love does that, after all. After they were finished, they continued north, past hoodoos and buttes, finally finding their way into a small canon, the entrance was wide, big enough for a group to twolegs, but they could see it get narrower and narrower as it continued on. Shrugging to each other, they went for it, into the mouth of the gorge. The walls were like waves, twisting and glowing in the setting sun. Layers of sediment created ripples that told the story of millions of years. The sand below them was soft, softer than the normal desert sun, and small sticks were littered about, caught from the blowing debris of dried desert plants. Rapidly the tunnel got tighter and tighter as they strode on; soon, the two cats were brushing holders. The One blushed gently like when they had first fallen in love. The One moved forward, taking the lead; being the clan's leader, it was her duty, after all, to protect if something lashed out at them. But she glance back from time to time, making sure nothing had silently grabbed her lover.

Before they even realized it the canon had become a cavern, their eyes adjusting to the dark absence of light; luckily, there were little glowing bugs on the walls giving off just enough light for them to see.

"Should we go back?" Love's Grace questioned, worrying how long this cave would go on for and if it was even probable that this cat would even be in here. But the second the words escaped her mouth, she smelled something; tilting her head up, she sniffed "Do you smell that?"
"Hmm yeah, smells kind of like a cat, but this musty air makes it hard to tell," The black and orange cat responded "the sent is most likely coming from deeper inside the cave; it was not outside," the lack of airflow made it hard to tell where it was coming from, but the two directions narrowed it down pretty quickly. Nodding to each other, the cats continued on steping up the pace.

The ground was cold and wet benight their feet, stalactites hung from the ceiling and stalagmite poked up from the ground. The cats stopped to lap up the water that was coming off of them; you need to drink when you can to survive in the desert. But the cats both quickly reeled back, salty. Soon the path became wider again, and the mates could walk next to each other once more, intertwining their two tails. The path opened up into a large cavern with little nooks and crannies everywhere that could be explored. Bats hung silently from the roof, looking down at them with cold, judging eyes. The One glared up back at them before asking quietly,

"Which way should we go?" Her mate smelled the air the sent was ever just coming from the front left. Both their ears pricked up, thinking that they had heard something. A low growling could be heard, coming from the right, growling louder before stopping.
"Not that way," Love's Grace chuckled nervously before pointing with her head to a left hole, just tight enough to squeeze into. The roar was not like anything they had ever heard before; it was something different, something truly inhuman. Maybe one day, some brave cats would come back to investigate, but that day was not today. The One squeezed into the hole, pressing down small as she could, wiggling forward, careful not to bonk her head, breathing deeply. She was the leader. She needed to be strong, Love coming on in after her. A few feet in of wiggling forward, The One started to freak out.

"I can't do this!" she exclaimed writhering about
"Yes, you can!" Her mate pressed, "Are you called The One Who Knows Bounds? No, you are not. It is just a little bit further, I know it,"
"You don't. You don't know," she cried.
"I do, and I know that The Seen God will protect you, and you will protect us. The One calmed down, her fur beginning to lay flat again. "You don't have to go quickly; just take your time," Love said lovingly, and The One began to inch forwards once more. Just as Love's Grace had said, the cavern opened up, and both cats squeezed out; Love's Grace quickly went over to groom her mate, but The One stopped her, tilting her face forward with her tail. It was unlike anything they had seen. The cavern was jam-packed with giant crystals, they spread out from the ceiling and the floor and the walls, huge white cylindrical structures jutting at any and every angle. But on the floor nestled in between some crystals was a small dark splotch; they could not tell what exactly it was they would just have to wait and see.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx⌑ cats on patrol ⌑xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The One Who Knows No Bounds▸ she/her▸ 100%▸ 10%▸ No
Love's Grace▸ she/her ▸ 100%▸ 10% ▸ No
name ▸ pronouns ▸ HP ▸ HUP ▸ Sick?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx⌑ cats on patrol ⌑xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxcustom wildlifexxxxxxxxxxxxxx
⌘ 1FP ⌘
scraps, beetles, scorpions, desert geckos
⌘ 2FP ⌘
eggs, small ocean fish, birds, jeroba
⌘ 3 FP ⌘
sea birds, hares, medium ocean fish, road runner
⌘ 4 FP ⌘
snakes, armadillo, meerkat/prairie dogs
⌘ 5FP ⌘
large ocean fish, vultures, ringtailed cat

⌘ predators ⌘
honey badger, coyote, cougar, zombies
poisonous snakes & reptiles, vultures

xxxxxxxxxxxxx⌑ custom wildlife ⌑xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx⌑ level X ⌑xxxxxxxxxxxxx
⌘ experience: 35/100

xxxxxxxxxx⌑ inventory ⌑xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx⌑ inventory ⌑xxxxxxxxxxx
⌘ +1 jeroba (2 fp)
+1 Dock
+1 Lamb’s Ear
+1 Wintergreen
⌘ items used:
nope

xxxxxxxxxx⌑ inventory ⌑xxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxx⌑ quests ⌑xxxxxxxxxxxxx
⌘ help Furzetuft find a cat
⌘ not opted into death

xxxxxxxxxxx⌑ quests ⌑xxxxxxxxxxxx
ImageImageImage
StarGod | they/them | | Always looking for trades!
SonOfStarGod

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ 𓆙 .005 ]

Postby eldritch hound » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:19 am

██ 𓆙 𝙲𝚊𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 ██ lvl: two ─ exp: thirty-six | death opt in: yes | custom pred/prey: xx
    last explore: xx
    last explore reply: xx
    ███
    ███
    items used this post: one x scraps
    active quests: none active
    xx────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    copia, having successfully split from boatswain (previously treasure) and found a nice shady spot under a
    nearby tree after the fiasco that was fennel. fair, it was a good few days, if not weeks, ago, it was still fresh
    in his mind. just the way boatswain had switched like he did, it was weird for it to do, especially given their
    previous interactions with,, outsiders.

while lost in thought about what he had called the 'strange occurrence of the switching mood and the spice
    in the night". they shuffled around under the trees shadow as they tried to find a comfy spot to huddle down
    and begin to chow down on their... well, copia didn't really know what it was, they just assumed it was a left-
    over from one of the prophets not finishing their meal in the sweltering heat, which really didn't bother them
    given he wasn't exceptionally hungry either but, y'know, sustenance and all that.

it was just as the final bite of the mystery prey had been swallowed down that two cats had approached him,
    one bounding excitedly while the other, still with a light pip in their step, was ever so slightly less enthusiastic.
    copia let out a groan at that but shot the two cats a pleasant smile all the same.

froghopper skipped over, absolutely full of beans and excited to finally have a conversation with his fellow dom-
    ination, something xey didn't get to do often, surprisingly enough. he skidded to a stop a few paces from the sil-
    ver tabby, an exuberant smile on xeir face as xey flumped onto xeir rump "snowbird and I wanted to know if you're
    lazy tail wanted to go for a walk? see if we can't find any prey in this surprisingly mild day" his chipper tone was
    enough to grate copia already by snowbird had her own less-than contained smile stretched across her face.

letting out a sigh, the silver tabby got to their paws with a heavy sigh "fine. lead the way feather, toad" he conceded.
    xx───────────────────────────────────────────────────────── words: 337 ───
    inventory:
    xxxxscraps | one food point | x one
    xxxxassorted insects | one food point | x five
    xxxxamerican bullfrog | two food points | x one
    xxxxwestern chipmunk | two food points | x one
    xxxxscarlet tanager | two food points | x one

xxxxbindweed | binds broken bones | x one
    xxxxborage leaves | lower/cure fevers, queens produce milk | x one
    xxxxholly berries | poison? other use in stars specifically? | x one
    xxxxwillowbark | eases pain | x one
    xxxxwintergreen | treats wounds and certain poisons | x one
    xxxxcobwebs | slows bleeding and binds broken bones | x one

patrolling cats:
    xxxxfroghopper | he/xey | HP 100% | HUP 0% | sick: n
    xxxxsnowbird | she/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | sick: n
    xxxxcopia | they/them | HP 96% | HUP 10% | sick: n
eldritch hound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:50 am

𝕃𝕒𝕜𝕖ℂ𝕝𝕒𝕟
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

Dinara hardly knew what to make of the situation. Perhaps Furzetuft was a spirit, and the herbs were a test to determine whether or not they deserved being warned of such a life-threatening creature on the prowl. Perhaps the wolf itself was a test as well; Frost had warned herself and Damir that, though StarClan may have wanted LakeClan in the woods, the spirits may not, and may send trials their way so that they may 'earn' their place. A chill ran up the deputy's spine. This place was was nothing like where she grew up.

"Should I go grab the stuff from earlier?" Rita's voice pulled Dinara from her thoughts. She looked over to her apprentice, who was staring up at her expectantly. Anxiety was written into her every feature, but it was clear by the way Rita held herself that she was trying to hide it.

Dinara did her best to smile reassuringly. If there was a wolf about, it would probably be best not to be carrying around fresh kill. No point in making themselves more appealing to the beast.

"Let's wait for the others first." Dinara suggested. "There's a lot to carry after all."

Rita hummed, thankfully taking that explanation. Dinara didn't want to worry her any more than she already was. Should she have taken her back to camp? But it wouldn't be right to abandon Yantar and Flurry, would it? Stars, how she wished that she had stopped Yantar and Flurry from leaving - though, she was impressed Yantar actually took charge of things. She didn't have any doubt that he was actually going to scout out the wolf and avoided saying it, and understood that he was worried enough to do so right away - really, she probably would have if he hadn't - but as she stood alone with her apprentice, waiting for them to come back, she found herself regretting not returning to camp right away.

Something rustled in the underbrush nearby, making Rita and Dinara both snap to attention. Thankfully, the scent of their clanmates reached them before they go too concerned. The deputy welcomed them back with a wave of her tail and anxiously took Yantar's report, her mind ablaze.

~

Furzetuft mentioned a wolf, and Flurry's blood ran cold. Vertigo panged through her mind, and she did her best not to stumble in place as the forest flipped around her. She couldn't feel the ground under her paws, could hardly breathe.

She had just been hunting.

Yantar nudged her, snapping her out of her stupor. She blinked at him, eyeing him up and down. He was looking at her strangely. Had he said something? She studied him closer, trying to judge what he had said by how he looked at her - he was right in front of her, right in front of her, but he was worlds away, she couldn't focus - but eventually just nodded.

A wolf. Did they follow her? Her mother had called them beasts of the moon, and once said that they hated cats so much because cats were creatures of the sun.

It had been quiet for a moment.

Flurry blinked, once again coming back to where her body was, away from the fangs and blood that haunted her past. Dinara was looking at her strangely - Flurry didn't know what that look meant, didn't care - and Rita and Yantar were too. Did she look off to them? Could they have guessed what was going through her mind? Did they care?

She hoped they didn't.

Wordlessly, Flurry turned and stalked into the forest. Yantar followed close behind, and eventually Flurry let him overtake her to lead - she suspected it had been his idea to split up anyways.

She had just been hunting. She had wanted to surprise her brother with a hare. He had just reached his twelfth moon.

A sudden rustling in the underbrush brought Flurry back to herself. She blinked, gauging her surroundings. She was... in LakeClan's forest. She looked to her side, almost flinching away when she caught sight of another stranger beside her. No, not a stranger. Clanmate. Yantar.

He was giving her a... well, surprisingly expressive look for himself. That was something they had in common, not being terribly expressive. When Flurry could find it in herself to care, she wondered why he was that way. What had him so worried as to actually emote?

Ah, right. Wolf. Here. Again? No, the first.

Flurry turned back to the sound, creeping forward to see it better. It wasn't a wolf. Flurry would never forget the stench of such a beast. But she would have walked into its jaws if it was.

But fate would not have her, not yet. Instead, a duck sat before them. Yantar gave her another look, and this time Flurry was present enough to know what it meant. She nodded, and watched as he disappeared into the underbrush before returning her attention to the duck.

She was only hunting. Only hunting. She let out a long, slow breath.

She made eye contract with Yantar across the clearing with a nod. He lunged forward, startling the duck towards Flurry. She was quick to leap forward and pin it, burying her fangs into the grey fluff around its neck half a second later.

She had seen them in her nightmares, standing over her family like that. Funny how the mind did things like that - Flurry hadn't made it back in time to see the wolves attack her family. But she knew what happened.

Wolf scent hit her nose, strong and tinged with blood. Yantar said something, he must have, but Flurry could hardly hear him, was hardly with him any more. With only that, Flurry was back in the forest around her family's old camp. She had a hare in her jaws, freshly caught. She had only been hunting, only hunting, but in that instant she realized that she was terribly alone. Her entire body went rigid.

In the next instant, Flurry was running, running like she never had before.

(Except, she had. She was running like she had only once before.)

Blood roared in her ears. Her paws barely touched the ground as she ran. The tracks of the beasts were easy to follow, gargantuan and cruel compared to her own paws. Their stench hung in the air, a mix of rot and blood and something that could only be described as beast. A shrill yowl split the air, a sound Flurry had heard over and over and over again in her dreams and yet didn't recognize in the panic, a sound that made her heart clench and almost caused her to stumble. She pushed herself to run faster, faster, begging with the sun and the spirits to let her get there in time to do something, anything, even if it was only dying beside her family.

She burst through the underbrush into a clearing that, for a moment, was soaked in the evidence of the cruelty of beasts. Then, that nightmare of Flurry's past faded away, leaving only a pair of rather startled looking cats in their place. Flurry blinked. Her chest heaved.

Who... who were they?

She looked around, squinting at the trees around her. They weren't the same. Why weren't they the same?

Her tongue brushed against feathers, making her recoil in surprise. A duck? But... but she had gone out for a hare, for her brother, she wouldn't have forgotten, she-

"Flurry?"

Flurry snapped to attention. The bigger cat, a tortoiseshell, was looking at her again. Flurry stared back, slowly processing where she was. This... was LakeClan's territory. It had always been. She hadn't gone back.

She drew in a deep breath, letting her eyes drift close. This was LakeClan territory. There were new kits in the nursery. There was a wolf prowling the territory.

These cats weren't her family. Some of them wanted to be, but they weren't. But they were in danger. And only she knew how much danger they were in.

She opened her eyes, set the duck down, and fixed Dinara with a scowl.

"You need to get serious."

Dinara blinked. "What?"

"You need to get serious," Flurry repeated, keeping her voice pointedly calm but deadly serious. "You need to get back to camp, all of you. Take the prey so it doesn't come for the scraps, and go back to camp. Put strong smelling herbs around the nursery, as much as you have in camp, and go looking for more only if there are none. Every cat who can't climb needs to get in the nursery, and someone needs to cover the entrance with the rock Vorona picked out in case of a fox attack."

"Flurry," Dinara interrupted. "What-"

"Listen to me!" Flurry snapped. It was the first time she had raised her voice with any of them, and Dinara and Rita both flinched hard. Were it any other time, Flurry may have felt bad, but she couldn't muster empathy through the stoniness that had overtaken her. Some part of her recognized something was wrong, but it was crushed under the weight of the flood. She could swear she felt the wolf's eyes on her back.

"You need to get everyone who can't climb into the nursery." Flurry continued, more forcefully than before. "After that, everyone else needs to climb the nearest tree, as far as they're willing and then even more than that. And then you need to hide. Hide until I come back, or until the sun rises tomorrow."

"Flurry, slow down. What are you even talking about?" Dinara spoke slowly, her tone measured and even. Flurry recognized it as an attempt to calm her, which sent a flash of irritation through her. Wasn't Dinara concerned? "Why do we need to get in the trees? And why would we need to wait for you?"

"Wolves can't climb." Flurry replied in a clipped tone. "And you need to wait for me because we have no chance of killing that beast, even if all of us tried to. The only thing we can do it lure it away."

"We can send someone with you." Dinara suggested. Flurry felt just about ready to claw her fur out, claw her own fur out. She had to get back there.

"I have to do this alone."

"Why?"

She wasn't there.

"I'm the only one who can."

"Why?"

She wasn't there.

Flurry's chest tightened. "Because."

Dinara took a step towards her and Flurry moved back like she had been burned. She was too close. Looking too close. There was a pressure building inside her chest and Flurry wanted to run away from it, away from everything, right into the maw of the beast.

"Flurry," Dinara's voice was reproachful but not angry, never angry, and Flurry loathed it, "you'll get yourself killed-"

That pressure inside broke, and Flurry snapped at her deputy, "So what?"

Dinara fell silent. Flurry could feel her studying her again, but this time didn't care. Some broken part of her took great pleasure in the stunned look on the deputy's face.

That is, until, she caught sight of Rita behind her.

The poor apprentice looked horrified. Her ears were folded back, her eyes wide, and Flurry could swear she could see the beginnings of tear glistening in her eyes.

Immediately, all of that hurt and frustration and panic seeped out, leaving only guilt and regret. She stared at Rita, her eyes wide. What had she done? How could she have forgotten?

There was no time to fix it. Not now.

Flurry drew in a breath and straightened her back. When she reopened her eyes, she fixed Dinara with her usual cold stare.

"Fine. Send only the fastest cats. Everyone else needs to do as I said." Dinara started to speak again and Flurry cut her off. "I'll wait here, you all go back. I'll explain later, just-" She stopped herself short, talking in another deep breath and letting it out, "-please."

A silence fell over the group. Yantar was the first to break it, stepping forward.

"I can stay. I'm pretty fast."

Flurry turned an appraising eye to him, looking him up and down. He was puffing his chest out, subconsciously or not Flurry couldn't say, and there was a certain determined shine to his eyes. He was getting bolder, wasn't he? Good for him.

"Not fast enough." She grunted. "Send your sister instead."

She could see how he shrank at that. Almost instantly, he shrank back to his usual half-deflated posture and the spark faded from his eyes. She almost felt bad, but couldn't afford to, not now. She was keeping him safe.

"Fine." Dinara spoke before Flurry had to any more, possibly to save Yantar from further pain. "We'll send Idalia and some others. Wait for them here."

"Of course."

Flurry sat and watched the rest of her patrol grab their fresh-kill and leave. Some part of her ached to see the way her words had affected them - Rita and Yantar especially: both cats were walking with their heads low and tails almost dragging - but that part of her wasn't connected to her mind at the moment. Her mind was full of howls and images of her family's destroyed camp until her new patrol arrived, at which point her body stood and lectured them about the dangers of wolves and how to do what they were about to do before leading them off to where she and Yantar had scented the beast.

~

Damir was not exceptionally fast. But he was meant to be LakeClan's leader, and above that he knew Flurry well, so he felt he had to go. Dinara had mentioned a wolf was in the territory, that Flurry was acting strange, and that she had chosen to stay behind, and Damir had already decided he would be on the patrol.

His relationship with Flurry was... strange. She hadn't been in LakeClan for long, but he respected her like most cats in LakeClan did. However, they were something of kindred spirits in the clan, being some of the few reserved cats, and Damir didn't miss the way that Flurry spent more time with him than she did other cats - though it wouldn't be a noteworthy amount of time to more sociable cats. He didn't know much about her. He didn't know where she came from, or how she knew all she did, or even her surname, but he trusted her. He liked her. And, he had learned to read her well enough that by Dinara's description alone he could tell something was very wrong.

He set about gathering a patrol as soon as he could. He had been hunting and patrolling with nearly every cat in the clan by this point, and had a pretty good idea of who he wanted to take with him.

First was Frost.

Frost had arrived about a week after Flurry. They were a... strange cat, like Flurry could be, but not quite as distant as Damir or Flurry were. Strangely, Frost had managed to befriend both of LakeClan's resident grumps, so Damir trusted them enough with this and knew Flurry's strange behavior was something they would want to know about. Luckily, they were sunning themselves not too far from Damir's den, so he could go to them quickly and without making a scene by looking. He stopped at their side, his shadow covering their face.

"Frost."

The white cat opened one eye, then upon realizing it was Damir speaking to them, sat up. "Yes?"

"There's a wolf in the territory."

Frost froze. They looked him up and down, as if to confirm he wasn't lying. Damir shot them a tense frown.

"Flurry and Yantar scented it while hunting with Dinara and Rita. Dinara said that Flurry started acting strange after, and insisted on staying behind to lead the wolf away."

"Is she doing that alone?" Frost interjected, eyes wide.

"No," Damir soothed, "but she nearly did, according to Dinara. She was barely able to talk Flurry into waiting."

"I see..." Frost narrowed their eyes in thought. "This is.... troubling. I'm assuming you're asking me to attend?" They looked to Damir, one eyebrow raised.

He nodded. "If you're willing."

A smile flickered across Frost's features. They dipped into a stretch, their claws scraping at the light layer of snow. "This sounds like a test from the spirits," they yawned, "I should go." They sat up, fixing Damir with a meaningful look. "It sounds like Flurry needs me too. I'm assuming you're going as well?"

Damir nodded curtly.

Frost nodded back absently. "Let's go gather up the others, then."

And so they went. Dinara had been warning the rest of the camp while they spoke, and Flurry's preparations were quickly set into motion - though not without some protest. Damir was the one to move the stone over the nursery to protect Vorona and the kits - though he couldn't and wouldn't keep Feya from joining her. Vorona almost talked him into staying, with how she grasped at his fur and begged him to be careful. He could hardly meet her eyes, could barely look at Feya or the kits. Still, he made sure to touch noses with his adoptive mother and sister, letting them press their face into his fur and doing the same to them even if it wasn't very leader-like of him, and touch his nose to each of the kits' heads. They were so small.

His throat was tight and raw when he slipped out of the nursery. He met and held Vorona's eyes for a moment as he pushed the large, flat rock over the nursery entrance, though Feya was too preoccupied pressing her face into her mother's fur to look up at him. That was probably for the best. With the rock securely over the nursery, Damir let his head hang.

He was trembling.

He dug his claws into the frosted earth, drawing in long, ragged breaths. He was going to taunt a wolf, possibly fight it if it came down to it. Death or injury were a serious possibility, potentially a certainty. His breath hitched, and he dug his claws deeper into the earth. Vorona had just had kits. Feya was still so young. LakeClan was so new too - would this all fall apart if he died? Would they be safe? Should he stay?

No. In order for this to work, he needed to be a leader.

Damir drew in another deep breath, forcing his muscles to relax as he did. He retracted his claws and straightened his back, drinking in the feeling of the cold breeze against his fur and letting it ground him. He sighed before opening his eyes and turning back to Frost.

They were looking away. Damir smiled softly despite himself. "Thank you."

Frost turned over to him, one eyebrow raised. "Whatever for?"

Damir huffed a short laugh, and Frost smiled back. After a moment of silence, both turned to watch the camp. They sat like that for a moment, quietly watching Dinara and the others spread the word and prepare. Frost was the one to break the silence.

"You will come back to them. I can feel it."

Damir turned his head to eye the white cat. They weren't looking at him, instead focusing on Portobello and Lev as they gathered up strong-smelling herbs. After a moment, Damir turned his gaze there too. A whisper of warmth glowed in his chest.

"Thank you."

He could see Frost smile out of the corner of his eye. "Of course."

Idalia approached them shortly after, asking to join the patrol. Briar came a moment later, asking the same, though Damir almost didn't let her join. Truthfully, he was having second thoughts about allowing Frost to join; both Frost and Barisr were adults, and he wouldn't have consciously called either his friend, but he found himself wanting to hide them away with his family when push came to shove. He could only hope they would be safe, that they would all be safe.

Frost suggested they bring Portobello along as well. They found the tom getting ready to climb a tree already, though Frost still asked anyways. Unsurprisingly, Portoello declined, though e did claim he didn't feel familiar enough with the forest to be of much help. Damir would have accepted him simply saying no, though he supposed that was a reasonable enough reason; Portobello had been a kittypet all his life, and only entered the forest to join LakeClan a month ago. Damir let Portobello stay, and the tom wished the rest of the patrol luck as he turned away.

Dinara wanted to come as well, but Damir did end up forcing her to stay. She was the deputy. Of anything were to happen to him, she had to be alive if he wanted even a chance for Vorona, Feya, and the kits to be safe, if even he didn't love the idea of her leading. He left that last bit out when explaining to her why she should stay, and it was enough to convince her.

So, with a patrol of himself, Frost, Idalia, and Briar, Damir set off to meet Flurry, leaving Lev, Dinara, Vorona, Willow, Portobello, Feya, the kits, Rita, Yantar, and Rye at camp. The trek there was silent, broken only by the occasional birdsong and the crunch of their paws against the thin layer of snow on the ground. Tension was thick in the air. Damir led the patrol, doing his best to keep up a stoic facade. Usually, that wouldn't have even been a challenge, but even he couldn't deny how his heart raced the more he thought about what they were doing. He was surrounded by cats who, for some reason, trusted him enough to follow him to the jaws of death. He supposed that this was the first evidence of him truly becoming a leader, of LakeClan really coming to be. Tallwillow would be proud. He tried not to think about it.

Flurry was hard to spot at first, her white and pale tortoiseshell fur blending in to the wintery forest. She stood when they approached, eyes cold and distant. Damir glanced at Frost, and they returned the look with a slight frown.

"You all need to do exactly as I say," Frost began, her voice hard, "Do not engage. We'll scout it out and choose a path to lead it away from our territory. If you feel like it's too close, turn and run under it, and jump up a tree if you can. Quickly. Don't try to climb a tree otherwise unless you're certain it's far enough away for you to get a safe distance up. If you have to attack, aim for the eyes and nose. If it comes down to it, only go for the throat if there are two other cats distracting it. Only the underside, and bite as hard as you can. It's early No-leaf, so you may still be able to do something." Flurry flicked her tail dismissively. Damir struggled to take in all of the information she was offering as calmly as he could. It sounded like she knew what she was talking about, but this also sounded quite dangerous. She was making it out like they had no chance. Was he making a mistake?

"If if gets to that, try to make sure three cats are on the throat at any given time. If you can manage, you can pull yourself up and hold onto its fur with your claws for a better grip. Never go for the stomach. If it tries to run, let it. Do you understand?" Flurry all but glared at the gathered patrol.

Damir dug his claws into the earth, staring wide-eyed at Flurry. How did she know all this? What had they gotten themselves in to?

No cat moved to leave. With a dismissive huff, Flurry rose to her paws.

"Good." She flicked her ears dismissively. "Let's go."

~

The walk to where Flurry and Yantar had scented the wolf was largely silent, broken only by Flurry explaining how they would waiting in trees along a chosen path and lead the wolf away in a sort of relay race. It sounded like it might work, though neither Damir nor Frost missed how Flurry put herself at the end of the race and failed to mention where she would be leading the wolf after. They argued with her to have the spots right before her. Damir wasn't certain if he would rejoin the fray in an attempt to help her - as much as he hated what she was doing, he had others besides her to think about - but he couldn't just let her sacrifice herself.

By following the wolf's scent trail, they were able to find its tracks in the snow. They were smaller than some other wolf tracks Damir had seen in his life, indicating this wolf was fairly young and small. Perhaps a new yearling out on its own? He couldn't decide it that was a good sign or not: the wolf may be smaller and less experienced, but it could also be starving and desperate. Still, he supposed it was better than a pack at any rate.

The patrol grew quieter, more careful as the tracks grew fresher. Unfortunately, they never left LakeClan's territory. They even grew far too close to camp for Damir's comfort the fresher they got. They would have to act fast.

Just as Damir turned to relay this to the rest of the patrol, a hiss interrupted him. Damir rounded on his heels quickly, ready to chew out whoever dared to be so loud so close to such danger, only to find everyone else just as stunned.

"What are you doing?" A hushed snarl broke through the silence. Damir turned to the sound, blinking in surprise when he found himself facing a bush. He squinted, eventually picking out dark ginger fur hiding in the branches. Another cat.

"Are you crazy?" The stranger hissed, his amber eyes wide. "There's a wolf right-"

A shadow fell over the group, followed by a low growl cut that cut the stranger off. He turned towards the sound, his mouth falling open.

Damir's blood ran cold. Slowly, he turned towards the direction of the sound, his heart skipping a beat as a locked eyes with empty yellow eyes. For a moment, no one dared to move, dared to breathe. Then, the great beast growled again, bringing its terrible snout closer to the group of cats.

With a fearsome snarl, the stranger launched themselves out from under the bush and into the wolf's face, aiming a fearsome swipe at its eyes. The beast stumbled back with a yelp, thrashing its head from side to side in an attempt to throw the stranger off.

That was enough to break the clan cats' spell.

With a thunderous yowl from Damir, they charged, circling the beast and attacking as Flurry instructed them.

[ 4,500 words ]

(Wanted to include some little details about the cats here, because there's quite a lot and I didn't get to touch on any of them very much and I thought it may be fun + make things easier for the writers ^^; This isn't included in my wordcount!

Flurry: Harsh, closed-off, skilled, and intelligent. Slightly taller than average and well-muscled, used to fighting. Respected by most of the clan, lost her entire family yo wolves while she was out hunting and hasn't been the same since, having a time of it rn. Doesn't really consider herself close to anybody
Damir: Stoic, protective, family-oriented, compassionate but tried to hide it. BIG dude, tall, muscled, and fluffy. Adoptive son of Vorona, kinda forced into the leader role by StarClan but is going along with it to create a safe place for his family, slowly growing closer to his clanmates. Closest to Briar and Frost, but has started to become friends with Flurry
Frost: Eccentric, independent, moral, and wise. Average size, not very muscular or experienced with fighting. Joined recently, knows they're supposed to be here and is just kinda enjoying it. Friendly with everyone, but closest to Damir and Flurry
Briar: Easygoing, adaptable, friendly, and creative. Tall, but thin and inexperienced with fighting. Has been here the longest after Damir, thinks she's friends with everybody, besties with Idalia. Clan's bard, will definitely be telling stories about this
Idalia: Open, vibrant, energetic, and loud. Slightly smaller than Damir, has lean muscle, decently experienced with fighting. Joined with her brother Yantar and LOVING it, doesn't really realize how serious any of this is tbh. Besties with Briar, doesn't super like Flurry but respects her, neutral towards everyone else but would still be really bubbly with them
Aspen: Flighty, quick-thinking, slow to trust, and compassionate. Slightly smaller than average, very thin. Was just trying to hide, poor guy)

-- cats on patrol
Flurry | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Damir | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Frost | they/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Briar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Idalia | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Aspen | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
Custom list here!
-- level 3
experience: 24/400
-- items in inventory used
Red Squirrel | 3 FP | x2
Hare | 3 FP | x1
(Fed to Dinara, Yantar, and Rita respectively)
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
Yes
-- inventory
Spinebug | 1 FP | x1
Frog | 2 FP | x2
Chipmunk | 2 FP | x1
Duck | 4 FP | x2 (second)
Whitefish | 4 FP | x1

Lungwort | usage | x2
Catchweed | usage | x1
Chamomile | usage | x1
Willow Bark | usage | x1
Alder Bark | usage | x1
Stick | usage | x1
Borage | usage | x1
Last edited by EchoIre on Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0188.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:49 pm

CATS OF PLEASANCE !!
    x( angel bugs archive last post )

Like little crickets, their fellow companions leaped and bounced, the energy in the duo’s steps drumming a gentle rhythm in the dust. Soft chatter wound around them as Froghopper surged on, xeir tongue always running like a babbling brook.

“… someone told me they spotted a jackrabbit around here.” Xeir light curls ruffled as xey craned xeir neck around a dilapidated building. “Think it could still be here?”

“With the amount of noise?” Copia snorted softly, brows pinching as they raked their claws through the slits of cracked brickwood, alternating with shades of russet and cinder. A tiny smile piqued on their muzzle as a dried leaf encrusted with mud drifted down. “We’re better off aiding the sawbones by searching for herbs.” (+1 chickweed)

Xey chuckled. “Have a little faith. Afterall━”

A whirlwind of dust broke loose, casting the world in a shower of gold and sienna. A whizz shot by. Another. And they were twin blurs, one dwarfed by the other, both weaving around ancient buildings and leaping over discarded wooden planks.

“It’s Silverbird!” Froghopper squinted, brushing past them. “And that jackrabbit.”

Over and under, over and under, over and under.

And the pair ran with free reign, curls rippling in the winds, a plume of starry dust drifting in their wake. Over a rock, under a faltering beam. Over a shrub━

The smaller form stumbled, its long, greying leg snagged around a loose shrub. The shrub held it fast, locked within its brittle manacles.

From behind, a force collided into it.

Silverbird. With a quick snap of her jaws, she seized the long-limbed critter. A soft snap and the chase was cut short. Her grin was wild, ivory fangs tainted scarlet as she waved her tail. And the captured jackrabbit. (+4FP jackrabbit)
    xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat (copia fed!)
    xxxx↳ froghopper (10% hunger), snowbird (10% hunger), copia (10% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted in for death)
    xxxx↳ +50XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+8XP for prey, +2XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+4FP jackrabbit
    xx+1 chickweed

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +80XP → level 2 (116/300XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Peaceclan || Explore #15

Postby coffee.berry » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:49 pm

ᑭEᗩᑕEᑕᒪᗩᑎ

Honeysuckle, Peaceclan's librarian (librarians are kind of like "storytellers") was sitting on a large, mossy rock, looking for prey but also stories.

She thought of a story she'd once heard some old cats. It was about a mouse who ate the fiercest cat in the world.. no, she couldn't use that.

She decided to go on her own adventure. Maybe she'd get some story ideas? Wow, Honeysuckle really was bored.

"At least give me something to do," she said to the sky. "It's not very fun out here, no prey, no herbs, no nothing, y'know?"
She thought she saw a few sparkles near a tree.

Then, she heard the bushes shaking. What was that? A dangerous animal? A predator?

Or, was it something new and exciting she'd never seen before?

Honeysuckle neared the bushes..

[136 words]

------------------------------------------

-ꉔꋬ꓄ꇙ ꄲꋊ ꉣꋬ꓄ꋪꄲ꒒-

Honeysuckle
ꇙꁝꏂ/ꁝꏂꋪ
ꁝ꒤ꋊꍌꏂꋪ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 10%
ꁝꏂꋬ꒒꓄ꁝ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 100%

꒒ꏂ꒦ꏂ꒒: 3 [121/400]

꒐ꋊ꒦ꏂꋊ꓄ꄲꋪꌦ:

Vole | 2 FP
Vole | 2 FP
Crow | 4 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Crow | 4 FP
Squirrel | 3 FP
Vole | 2 FP

x1 Mallow leaves
x2 Goldenrod
x1 Elder Leaves
x1 Catchweed
x1 Lungwort
x1 Goatweed
x1 Burdock Root
x1 Horsetail
x1 Dock
x1 Bindweed
x3 Fennel
x1 Stinging Nettle
x1 Sweet Sedge
x1 Tormentil
x1 Watermint
x1 Broadleaf Plantain
x1 Chamomile
x1 Foxglove Seeds

ꉣ꒐ꉔꀘ꒐ꋊꍌ ꂵꌦ ꄲꅐꋊ ꊰꄲꋪꂵ: here <3

ꉔ꒤ꋪꋪꏂꋊ꓄ ꆰ꒤ꏂꇙ꓄ꇙ: wrote:
No quests!

꒐꓄ꏂꂵꇙ ꒐ꋊ ꒐ꋊ꒦ꏂꋊ꓄ꄲꋪꌦ ꒤ꇙꏂ꒯: wrote:None!

꒯ꏂꋬ꓄ꁝ ꄲꉣ꓄-꒐ꋊ: wrote:None!

↤↤↤↤↤ 𝔫όŦ𝑒𝕤: ↦↦↦↦↦ wrote:Image
- I've gotten 40XP in the Quests round from January 2022! I would like it to be added to my XP <3
Last edited by coffee.berry on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuma.exe » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:19 am

rainclan

"dad?" tigermist whispered. "yes tigermist?" stormstar asked. "do i- do i have a mother?" tigermists voice trailed off. stormstar didnt know why. "yes tigermist." stormstar sighed. "you do have a mother."
    "who was she? can i meet her?' tigermist asked perking up. "she was an angel called furzetuft and i dont know if i can find her." stormstar sighed again. "an actual angel?" tigermist asked. "please dad. we have to find her. i have to meet her.

"no not an actual angel but she was the closest thing ive met to an angel." stormstar smiled. "alright. but is this some bet youre making with your siblings?" "no of course not." tigermist smiled too.

"you have her eyes her tail and her angel in you." stormstar told tigermist on the way. "thanks dad." tigermist was jumping up and down.

"i dont know if this will work" stormstar warned tigermist. "its been moons since ive done this." stormstar took hold of a leaf and carefully drew his message onto it with dirt.

'come here. its an emergency. i want you to meet someone.'

stormstar placed it under a rock and waited for it to dissapear. he picked up the rock. it wasnt there. "shes got it" he let out all the air he was keeping in. "shes going to come soon. are you sure you want to meet her?"
    "of couse dad. wait are you nervous?" tigermist asked.

"i am nervous tigermist." stormstar said. "i dont know how she even had you. we only met two or three times. it was most likely magic." "magic.." tigermist said dreamily. "i know she loves you dad. i know it. dont be nervous. for me?"

"of course." stormstar took a deep breath. "do you think you can make her a gift in such short time?" "yup. i actually have one already." tigermist showed her father a white tuft of fur. "its- its mine. its magical. she can put it on. to remember me."

a golden glow circled the two cats.

[ 336 words ]

-- cats on patrol
    stormstar | he/they | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    tigermist | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
    I'm picking my own!
    new prey:
    gecko | 1 FP
    monkey | 4 FP
    pudu deer | 3 FP
    bugs | 1 FP
    frog | 3 FP
    capybara | 5 FP
    armadillo | 2 FP
    lemur | 5 FP
    pygmy marmoset | 2 FP
    siamang | 4 FP

new predators:
    crocodiles, asian wild dogs, jaguar, anaconda
    Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? no
    -- level 1
    experience: 6/200
    -- items in inventory used
    x1 bugs and ive already removed it. now i have x1 bugs left.
    -- active quests:
    n/a
    -- opted in to death?
    no
    -- inventory
    armadillo | 2 FP | x1
    bugs | 1 FP | x1
    prey | 2 FP | x0
    prey | 3 FP | x0
    prey | 3 FP | x0
    prey | 4 FP | x0

chickweed | x1
    comfrey root | x1
    ragwort | x1
    raspberry leaves | x1
Yuma.exe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:05 pm

+20XP for 246 words written
+10XP for patrol sent
+0% hunger (last free post!)

Fennel cocked their head to one side looking slightly confused before a flash of recognition replaced it
"Oh no you misunderstand. I dont belong to any clan. I am what you clan folk like to call a 'rogue' or sometimes 'loner'. Though I do enjoy being around others more often than not so I usually find a travel buddy."
It was true fennel never belonged to a clan and only discovered clan life through making new friends. Nearly every clan welcomed them, unless prey was running short then some cats got a bit touchy about them being on their territory but they would always move on to the next adventure.
"Well if were going to find my friend I think a good place to start will be near water. I know they said something about being thirsty before I lost them." With that fennel looked at sagebrush intently as if asking where that may be.

Sagebrush and fennel walked west towards the jumping frog stream. Fennel was looking particularly hopeful but sagebrush couldnt help feeling doubtful. No cat had reported scents or sightings of a strange cat in winterclan territory for days. Still sagebrush would keep her promise and do whatever she could to help.
Fennel paused suddenly with their muzzle in the air. There sudden reaction startled sagebrush. They must be smelling their friend! She thought to herself. Sagebrush watched closely as fennel scuffed at the ground near some watercress until they turned back to her with something in their mouth. That definitly cant be his friend can it? This whole time sagebrush thought they were looking for a cat!
Instead of declairing their triumph at finding their friend fennel dropped what they was holding at sagebrush's feet. Slightly dirty she looked closer and realized it was some food. +1scraps, +1FP, +1XP
She let out an exasperated chuckle. Of course this wasnt their friend. Sagebrush thanked fennel and they continued onward.

Sagebrush's paws were becoming sore from walking on the pebbles that lined the stream. They must have walked from sunrise to mid sky. She was just about to tell fennel she needed to go back and help her own clan when they heard a blood curdling cry.
Fennel and sagebrush looked at eachother for a moment pelts spiking and eyes wide. Fennel made a bee line to where they heard the nosie come from and sagebrush followed cloesly behined. Her fur flattened against her frame while droplets of water splashed against her. If she werent going so fast she may have shivered at the coldness.

When they finally found the cat fennel was checking them over. A tall lengthy black and white tom by the looks of it. Who also appeared to have hurt their front paw. Splayed out on the small rocks the cat moaned loudly in pain. Sagebrush rushed over to see what was the matter to find...a splinter stuck in the cats paw pad. It had stopped bleeding by now but it was very swollen and irritated.
Sagebrush wanted to laugh or scold the tom who was about the age of a warrior for being so clumbsy and dramatic until she reminded herself these cats dont know the remedies clan cats do to treat these things. In their lives they could very well die from an infected splinter.
Instead she padded over to fennel who also appeared mildly amused by their friend.
"So ugh it seems we found your friend after all...I should be heading back to camp now. Best of luck on your travels!" Only before she could walk more than a few paw steps she could hear fennel's pleading voice
"Please, my friend needs medicine. I know you've already done so much in helping me find them but...if its not too much to ask...could you spare a little honey?" requires 1honey to heal fennels freind. Does sagebrush chose to help?

Total:

+31XP | +0% Hunger (no free posts left!) | +1scraps | congradulations! You levelled up. You recieve +1 FP (of your choice!) and +50 SD. Level 1 (10/200)

\\Notes: you may swap out cats who go patrolling anytime! They are not locked in. We only ask that you dont change the cats on patrol after you've posted. Hope you enjoy your time in stars!\\
Last edited by Cinxer on Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdbones » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:37 pm

did not mean to post yet still editing sorry!!

──────────────────────────────────────────────
00000000Tribe of gathering storm0000000000000last explore post|last reply post
──────────────────
Image0001000Image
000.0Sorrel00000000000000000Dawn
|HP 100%|hup 0%|Sick: no|0000|HP 100%|hup 0%|Sick: no|
Image0000010Image
000.0Frost00000000000000000Moon
|HP 100%|hup 0%|Sick: no|0000|HP 100%|hup 0%|Sick: no|
──────────────────
Death opt here Level 1|114/200
Items used n/a Quests n/a
Inventory 2xjuniper berries,5xswallow
1xbroom,1xpoppy seeds,1xlizard
──────────────────
Prey + Predators
Field mouse|1 FP0Swallow|2 FP0Fish|3 FP
Lizard|3 FP0Rabbit|4 FP0Hawk|5 FP
Snake |Found in barren lands & forbidden forest.
Mountain lion |Found in mountains & barren lands.
Fox |Found most often in the pines.
──────────────────

┌─────────────────────┐

✦ A fox has been scented close to the border!
    Does the patrol confront the fox or leave it be?✦

The patrol of cats decided to follow scent of the fox.
    Frost signalled for the cats to follow him into the near
    by undergrowth
    text text text text text text text text text text text

└─────────────────────┘
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌

█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌
█▌

──────────────────────────────────── quote ──────
Last edited by birdbones on Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
╔═══════════════╗

𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫 [/ˈreɪvə/]
(noun informal)
!!your amazing!!
hey, i'm birdbones,
i'm on toyhou.se n DA (@yeanbones)
i'm also on artfight (@birdbones)
i'm always looking for art!
(See also:
Icon shop
art © ©)