Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

♔ ── prompt 14! ))

Postby faelyn » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:46 am

username: faelyn
clan: the shore of dreams
prompt#14 response:
glowing, laughing, glistening. those streaks of silver were smiles across the stellar watercolors of the dancing throneroom of heaven. it was elegant. perhaps, even mystical. the ivory plume of an angel’s feathers were magical wisps adorning the night sky, gently fading into a soft mauve. the souls of fairies were singing lights winking down at what lay below the heavens. the streams that were rows of flaws and the flowers however beautiful they were imperfect in their own little ways. yet, the stars shone down upon them all the same.
every night, no matter how dark each night would be.

the twinkle of constellations were elegant palaces of a paradise too far to touch. each of which told stories that were beyond one’s heart. curses and blessings. tragedy and life. a beautiful note building up the other into a booming crescendo or tearing one down into a diminuendo.
fate was unpredictable.

and he endured through it’s wrath.
red. red. red. it was all he could see.
scarlet had embellished the darkness, embracing the shadow’s in it’s embrace so dangerous. so lethal. it’s lips were the shade of a dwindling autumn. it’s tongue, the beautiful light of the sun. it was gorgeous. but, beauty musn’t be underestimated. especially when it came down to fire.

it burned him. scorched him alive.
his heart. his cheeks. his eyes.
everything was kissed by it’s lips. those lips that cradelled the fury to burn the elegance of towers into nothing but ash and ruin. there was no mercy. no forgiveness. nothing in those eyes that held the heart of embers.

would there be no end to this torment?
symphonies of horror and agony was all that was known to his lips, adorned with altos and sopranos that barely reached. perhaps, the angels had truly left him to suffer the twist of fate. perhaps, they had never cared about him, after all.

everything was turned upside-down that day.
eyes that seemed to be the blush of a perfect forest was now, a curse he had to bear across his shoulders. unnatural and freakish. the scar crisscrossing those devil-kissed eyes was a cruel reminder of the failure of his precious gods. the gods that he had lost all faith in that day.

he lost everything.

but, like the stars that glistened above, and adorned the heavens, hope was a beautiful stallion who brought him the maiden. the beautiful girl that saved his life eternally.

she was here.
the soft glow of the moon gleaming like a halo above her head, the shadows fluttered to greet her, crowning her with their beauty. a gorgeous set of elegant wings forming from the darkness. beads of silver were braided into her feathers that seemed to resemble a raven’s wing. all her fierceness shone like an enchanting light as the twinkle in her eyes was lifted to the sky. a symphony that meant she would always be an angel at heart.

her delicate lips were dancing with beautiful words embellished with a soft soprano note. dainty chords were sung into the gentle lyrics that he had known since he was young. she was making a wish. a wish that she would sing to the angels, who would never respond. it was always so pointless to recite those familiar words. because no matter how much one could beg, the wish would never be granted and all those moments of unrelenting hope wasted.

it had been seasons since he had heard these same words. it was unfamiliar, yet soothing to his soul.
so, therefore, he would listen.

“thou angels be with me, till the end of time.” blue adorned her lashes, glistening in the soft moonlight. the ghostly presence that would've haunted his nightmares when he was young. it was oddly comforting, now. something he would have never thought he would bask in it's light. “oh, may the gods hear my voice for i pray for my heart. my love. all i ask tonight is that you show me it’s real..” her lyrical voice was a love song, adorned with uncertainties. with feelings flecked across the great divide. “i want to know if he truly loves me as i am.”

oh, my sweet elienne. i do. of course, i do.

those unspoken lyrics to a heartfelt symphony broke open his heart. a heart that danced with melodies and voices that he couldn’t shake away. he would make it up to her and grant her wish to the gods.

for, he would be the god of love.

---

twinkling wintertime flowers were frolicing across fields that sparkled with beautiful ivory. she loved these flowers. loved when he once upon a lifetime picked one and braided it into the alluring spirals that danced freely across her back. they were gorgeous. with elegantly drooping buds that shone with white, they were called bells in the snow.

dainty fingers, closing around each enchanting bud, lacing them together into a beautiful crown. the delicate silk of petals was soothing to his soul, a promise of granting his love’s wish.

pearls were gently embedded in the silver twine that lured the buds together. beautiful and alluring, in it’s own little way. the breath of the angels embraced him, their feathers, mere glimpses of the heavens, itself. long ago, he would’ve fallen on his knees in divine worship of their majesty. but, now, he would never. no matter how much his heart longed to whisper words of empty prayers.

he had never been a saint. just, another sinner to add to the world of shadows.

the stars had fallen and risen. constellations ripped from the sky, but placed delicately back into it. solis, the goddess of the morning, had danced against the skies and had taken a breath in the sweet aroma of reality, but she never stayed for long. for she laid down in it’s nighttime grave, without a whimper, letting luna arise in all her splendor.

he could hear her.
the lovely notes of soprano sweetening the air with it’s honey. she was singing. chorousing the melodies of the falling of snow. she was beautiful in the midst of a gently falling storm. she was perfect in a world with its flaws. she was a light while surrounded in eternal darkness.

“my little raven?”
“my prince.”

the crown of snowbells twinkled, a sparkle in the night. he could only hope this would grant her wish. “i love you and it’s real, eileen.” a shiver trembled in his voice, a vibrato in a lyric of song. “i want you to be mine, forevermore. i want you to know that-”

“i love you, jae.”
and their lips danced a tango into the night.
(1113 words! <3 little jae is granting a wish! )
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STARS catlander event prompts!

Postby /nyx. » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:30 am

Username: bmkmb
Clan: CaladiumClan
Prompt #14:
"As much as I seethe at his antics, he is my apprentice, and has made me proud these last moons. I do not understand why he collects flowers, as the petals rarely last even a fortmoon; however, I will tolerate it for now, and gift him this lantana to help his collection grow."
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:30 am

Day 14 prompt has officially ended! Prompt #15 is up! Your rewards will be shown on the first page.

Those who wrote 100 or more words were given 10EXp for the attempt. Any with less than that were not included in the rewards :(
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Username: cinxer
Clan: Roseclan
Prompt#15 response: wolftooth laughs as stormswirl falls into a ditch hidden by snow. "always watch your step when walking on fresh snow!"
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:55 am

Day 15 prompt has officially ended! Prompt #16 is up! Your rewards will be shown on the first page.

Those who wrote 100 or more words were given 10EXp for the attempt. Any with less than that were not included in the rewards :(
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:18 am

Username: Vivika
    Clan: Falls of Eden

Prompt #16:
    Snow clung to her coat, ivory crystals bejeweling and enveloping her in a moonlight’s caress. Her eyes lowered, darting to her paws. Nights like these brought back too much. Too much of the past. Something she couldn’t afford to lose herself in. The court with their soft, sugared words cloaked in deceit and treachery. Words means to pry and poke, to seek weakness and wield it for their benefit. She used to be one of them, head lifted high and adorned in all their finery. Fur dusted with silver dust and precious jewels from the mines. Jewels purchased at the cost of countless lives.

Not anymore.

Silverleaf shook her head, willing the thought away. Not now. It was the night of the winter festival, celebrated on the solstice. The thin crescent of the moon hung low in the darkened skies, overshadowing the young adults lounging nearby, and the tumble of kits racing down the hill, rolling in the snow. A precarious misstep sent one reeling into a line of kits, all falling as if a stack of cards. She hid a chuckle, shaking her head. Kits. Precious bundles of mischief.

She stood on top of the hill, surveying the gathered cats. Their soft, amiable chatter weaving like a chime through the night, easing the tension from her shoulders.

“You look like the goddess herself.”

Soft-spoken words springing from behind. Eyes widening, she turned on her heel, coming face to face with a dark-furred tom. One she knew too well. Warmth heated her cheeks as she met his gaze steadily, taking in those copper eyes. Copper eyes glinting with unspoken promises and playful mischief, unchanging since they'd been kits. A soft smile played on her muzzle.

“Ashflight.” She nodded once towards the tom, taking a step close. “I wasn’t expecting you tonight… last I heard you were attending the festivities at the palace. Stars, did something h--”

“Your grace.” A sardonic smile etched on his muzzle as he tilted his head to the side. “You doubt my abilities already? The stars would be disappointed.” He inclined his head once towards her, smile fading to something bordering on teasing. “I was given leave, and thought to pay a visit. Besides, the winter festivities are hardly to be missed.” HIs tail curled in the direction of the hill, gesturing towards it. “The clan has always outdone themselves with the solstice. I see kits are… snowballing down the hill. A new tradition?” He arched a curious brow, smile fading. “You shouldn’t worry.”

A strained chuckle escaped her throat. She didn't doubt his abilities. Never. He was head of their covert operations for a reason. She shook her head firmly, gaze wandering towards the hill. “I can’t help it.” Her voice softened, barely above a whisper. “There are rumors. The king’s new edict is… troubling to say the least. More and more are flocking to Eden as his actions grow more rash." She shook her head. "I fear Eden can remain neutral no longer. Not while so many are… suffering.”

She paused, drawing a breath in. “Something must be done. After the solstice---”

The words died on her tongue. The tom drifted close, a tail tucked under her chin to gently tilt it up. His breath was warm against her cheek.

“Lené.” A name from the past. One that fell so easily from his tongue and that carried much weight. Her insides twisted under his steady gaze, his next words carefully chosen. Crafted. “Vengeance will come. The king will fall in time." Passionate words, seething with white flame. This was the tom she knew, one of reckless passion and foolhardiness. Also one who would put his life on the line to act as a spy in a palace she'd fled.

"...I have acquired new information of importance, but for now --- for tonight perhaps we should leave it in the snow. Winter solstice only comes once a year, no?”

A pause, the silence lingering.

“I’m sorry.” Her eyes swept his face, the arch of his chest, taking in the new heaviness in his eyes. He was tired, no, exhausted. Of course, he'd come a long way. Stars, why hadn't she noticed? She released a breath. “I’m glad to see you. Truly.”

“As am I.” The dark-furred tom paused, clearing his throat before continuing. “A walk, perhaps? There’s something I'd like to show you.”

Silverleaf hesitated, before offering a small nod, “Lead the way.”

They wandered down the hill, meandering through the forest and descending from jagged cliffs. His pace was quick, but remained steady, unchanging, as he led the way to the shores. Tugging a breath in, she followed, her paws sinking into the sand as he drew to a sudden standstill.

“What is it?” she murmured, tracking his gaze. “Did you--”

A chuckle as he shook his head, tapping a tail to her flank. “Relax, Lené. I didn’t bring back any officials… not like last time.” He released a sigh, before settling down into the sand. “Just… relax. Look around. What do you see?”

Her breath caught.

Moonlight dancing on the waves, skimming the waters and bathing the world in a silver glow. The sliver of the crescent moon reflected in the waters, contrasted by the ivory flurries falling from above. Stars aglow, strung through the skies as if on a thread, soft whites, golds and pale blues woven through the night canopy. Their glint in the skies holding a promise, a knowing smile tucked in the glow. A world of possibilities above and beyond, amidst the sea, stars and skies.

The thrum in her heart eased, her breathing slowing as she sprawled out in the cool sand beside him. “It’s beautiful,” she whispered.

“Isn’t it? The solstice --- longest night of the year are when the stars are the brightest. They’re hard to miss.” He tilted his head thoughtfully, tilting a nose towards the brightest star. “You know the North Star?”

She nodded.

“It always points north.”

“A navigator now, I see.” Silverleaf laughed, nudging his shoulder. “I reckon the hunters would be pleased.”

Ashflight chuckled. “Ah, but it’s the most important one of them all.” He paused, a small frown etched on his features. “And the only one I know… but listen. Eden lies to the north, so the star---”

“...always points to home.”

Her gaze settled on his. Copper eyes met hers easily, ones that seemed to know too much.
    That seemed to know her too well. A bridge she wasn’t ready to cross.

For now, it didn’t matter. They were two cats under one sky, one moon and a thousand stars, celebrating the winter solstice when the stars and moons aligned to shine bright in a world gone so dark.

Tentatively, she leaned a head against his shoulder.
    And finding peace in the snatches when the world was aglow.

(#1138 words. <33)
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:17 am

Day 16 prompt has officially ended! Prompt #17 is up! Your rewards will be shown on the first page.

Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:42 am

Username: Vivika
    Clan: Falls of Eden

Prompt #17:
    The dark lingered close.

Cats gathered in pairs, groups of three or four, others amongst their family and siblings. They milled about, the buzz of excitement zipping like a ripple through the gathered cats. Scattered snow swept through the air as a pawful of snow was tossed, sending shrieks from nearby cats. Shrieks dissolved to quiet laughter as the atmosphere shifted.

It was time.

One by one, cats presented woven wreaths, flower crowns and bouquets of winter flowers. Snow drops, winter jasmine and hellebores. Whites, yellows and pinks intricately woven by careful paws, the stems carefully dried to ensure a sturdy base, before it was draped atop heads, around necks and strung through fur.

It was too much.

Smokestrike turned on his side, tearing his eyes away. Their laughter, a songbird’s melody, slicing through his heart. They seemed to have moved on. Forgotten. Forgotten about one that had gone before them, leaving their ranks to join the stars.

A gust of wind thundered, the cold frost nipping his cheeks. He gritted his teeth. Even the weather wasn’t kind this evening, not even on the solstice. His claws dug into the hard ice, sending cracks splintering like a spider’s web around him. It should never have been like this. He rested his head on his paws, eyes sealing shut.

He could still see her. His sister.

Those vibrant green eyes brimming with life and fierceness, a fire that could never be quenched. That tilted chin up, eyes alight with defiance. Her scent, winter jasmine and fresh pine, lingering in the trees and the air. Her breathless enthusiasm and sheer zeal on patrol day-in and day-out. Her tail snaking through the waters as she slunk around the broken passage on patrol. The haunted ghost of the passage.

Ironic that it was where her life had been cut short. In the waters, a place she adored more than her own soul. A tempest. One stirred up without warning or notice. Lightning had streaked through the skies, sending the waters ablaze in a flash of white and blue. Clouds became enemies, pouring and pounding every last ounce of strength onto the already drenched patrollers. In a blink of an eye---

“Are you okay?” Soft words accompanied with a gentle nose pressed to his shoulder.

Smokestrike stifled a growl, eyes snapping open and claws unsheathed. What in the stars? A young apprentice stood before him, mottled browns and ginger a striking contrast in the snow. Her hazel eyes widened as she stepped just out of reach of his claws, but her stance remained steady. Steady as steel.

He paused. Interesting. She had some nerve. But he didn’t have time for this --- for socializing. His eyes narrowed. Wasn’t that obvious? Or was this some kind of prank? The apprentices were renowned for those, always sticking their noses where it didn’t belong. His voice lowered, harsh syllables slipping from his throat. “You got a problem? If not, I suggest you leave. Now.”

Her shoulders squared, nose tilted up this time more hesitantly. “I-are you alright? I spotted you---”

“Is this some kind of joke? I said leave. Everything is fine here.” A growl slipped from his throat as he huffed, turning aside. Nosy little brats. The apprentice shrank back slowly, eyes stinging with unshed tears. He turned his shoulder. Served her right. She shouldn’t have been sticking her nose where it didn’t---

He could hear her. Her voice, her words ringing in his head. Her head tilted, brow raised in implicit disapproval, reserved for him alone in their moments together. “Smoke, really?”

Oh the stars.
    The apprentice’s back was turned, slowly retreating---

“Wait.” He swallowed, nodding towards the spot next to him. Heaving a sigh, he swept a paw through the snow, crunching the larger shards between his paws. “Look I uh-nevermind. What’s your name again?”

“Sorrelpaw.” The young apprentice trod carefully through the snow, taking a tentative seat beside him. “You must be Smokestrike.” Her voice softened. “Your sister… she was the one taken by the waters.”

His throat tightened, squeezing like a serpent around his chest. He couldn’t breath, he couldn’t-- He swallowed, managing a curt nod as he tried to keep the strain from his voice. “...I didn’t think anyone would remember.” Guilt swirled around, weighing his tongue down. She knew his name and he didn’t know hers. Stars, what was he doing? She would never approve. No, never. His sister; she’d known the whole clan inside and out. Names, details, everything.

Sorrelpaw tilted her head, eyes fixed on her paws. “I remember her. Storm. One of the best patrollers there was.” Her voice radiated warmth, equal parts tender and lilting. “She brought the new apprentices on their first patrol --- it was the best time we ever had.” A small smile flicked on her muzzle. “You miss her.”

His throat was dry. So dry. He trained his gaze on his paws, swallowing the lump in his throat as he nodded. This apprentice read him so well --- too well. And she wasn’t as young as he assumed. Older, perhaps almost of age for her ceremony. “I do,” he whispered. “Everyday.”

“I know.” A nod from her, an almost wistful smile twisting on her muzzle. “Before I came here, I… lost my clan to a fire. My brother, my sister…" Her voice cracked. "T-they were family." She shook her head. "The clan… they're here to help. I owe them my life."

"Here," she murmured. "This is for you."

A winter jasmine. He froze. Soft, gold petals opened a morning crown around the vine in their full, unsheathed glory. A thread of gold and green. It was her flower. The one Storm chose every solstice without fail.

Shards pierced his heart, ice splinters shattering what little control he had left. Shoulders shaking, he turned his gaze to the stars. Was she out there? Waiting for him? Watching? Maybe this was her sign, her push to let go. To leave the past in the dust, to move forward. And a reminder he was never alone. He’d lost his faith in the stars, but out of the hundreds of winter flowers… this was the one that was given. It couldn’t be a coincidence.

He returned his gaze to her, "Thank you. About earlier, I'm so--"

"You shouldn't be alone." She shook her head, pressing a warm nose to his shoulder. A touch so gentle that it burned, scorched in a thousand ways. "Join the healers at the den? They wouldn't mind the company… they're worried about you.”

A breath in as he hesitated, gently taking the flower in his jaws. Then, a small nod.
    A nod into a new day, and a step into a new path.

Into a new sunrise of gold.

(#1126 words, featuring a grumpy, heart broken soul grinch, who thaws. <33)
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♡ -- prompt seventeen !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:47 am

username: faelyn
clan: the shore of dreams
prompt#17 response:
beyond her, there were seas of paradise. pathways to the throne room of heaven. swirling paths that held twinkling halos over their heads, glinting like starry crowns in the night sky. like constellations that spoke of a thousand different secrets. like mirrors revealing angels beyond imagination. faeries that had once danced the sweet harmonies of ballet across the hills and the valleys.
all those mystical souls kept a secret from hearts that let their wishes fall upon stars. wishes that held prayers for a miracle. just a single miracle.

a miracle that could heal broken hearts. a miracle that could save lives.
that could save a lost soul such as hers.

a miracle called love.

if only, it would show it’s precious smile and give the gentleness of its hand, once more. give her the strength for another leap of faith. to guide her through the twists of fate. to fix the shattered pieces of her heart.
but, miracles sent by gods were cruel..
as they didn’t last long.

she had loved and was loved beautifully by the light of her entire world. she could remember all those days adorned with sunshine and roses. it had been so perfect, if only, it could’ve stayed that way. if only she could wake up to every enchanting sunrise, with a crown adorned with kisses placed glowing across her forehead and be greeted to the shine of heterochromic eyes.

he was the one who stole her heart away. the one who won her soul with empty promises and pleas for her to follow him wherever he would go. said that they could have a perfect life together and who swept her off her feet, into a palace that she had never felt drawn to.
he enchanted her into weakness and changed her into as many ways as the number of stars. she hated him for breaking her heart. hated herself for falling for him the way she did.

she had been so naive. too naive to see the deceit and lies of the one who she adored. who she trusted with all her heart. with thousands of silk treasures and jewels laid out beautifully at her toes, and with charms of a prince, her heart had already been carried away by what seemed like a dream come true. love at first sight. a magical fantasy that was a nightmare, adorned with faux pearls.

a wandering princess castled within fortresses of blue. with eyes that captivated the sea and enchanting locks of gold and brunette, butterflies adorned her cheeks, their wings glistening the essence of a fairytale that had fluttered into reality.
it was a mirror to a beautiful maiden.
a maiden such as her.

beneath the eclipses adorning the endless blue of sky, the lively glow of the angels was vibrant against the ruffles of gold against the canvas of her back. everything seemed to flutter just beyond reach. the clouds. the birds. the leaves cradled by the breath of the earth. reality seemed to dance with her as the gentle touch of turf was nowhere to be felt.

this was her dance. a dance that she would cherish with all of her heart.
each step gave her wings to fly and the music, the cry of the brooks and soft whisper of the lilies.

“there you are, laurel!”
the symphony of his voice stole her breath away, it was a soft forte, a beautiful rumble that could shake the earth to its core. the curls of fur sparkling across his back seemed to glint like the sun itself. enchanting and dreamy. but, in his eyes, there was uncertainty. an emotion beyond imagination.

the shine of his eyes had been dimmed, as if the light in them had been stomped out like a flame amongst the shadows. in his arms, the glint of gifts was between them. silk plush embellished with jewels and a bow with the most delicate of sequins. she loved them, almost left them with all of the other presents her love bestowed to her.
until, her lips parted into a song that changed her life, forever.

“i want to come and live with me, sweetheart. we’ll have a life together. a family, if it’s what you’d like.”
it was a promise that was so empty. so worthless. yet, she took the promise into her heart and gave up everything for what seemed like true love.
but, it wasn’t.

they planned a perfect life that would’ve lasted an eternity. but, was torn apart in a day. the light of her entire world had fallen for another maiden. one far prettier than her. one that was a gorgeous queen, unlike the princess living in her soul.

there were now unspoken vows between them. beautiful words that could never be said.
all she could ever say and think was why. it all seemed like a dream come true.
it, all, had been so perfect to her ears.

all she could wonder was if love at first sight was real.
her heart was broken beyond repair. shattered beyond belief. his words cut through her. tore her apart like she was a mere flower with no thorns that could inflict harm.

but, there was still hope. beyond on shores that would forever live, eternally.
she could hear their beautiful voices. harmonizing. overlapping with one another like an orchestra too enchanting to be true. they had souls of gold and silver. souls that triumphed over the hurt their hearts witnessed.

they never lost hope. not in the midst of the storm that roared it’s fury to the skies of heavenly thrones.

they were singing of the angels she had never believed in.
singing of the faeries she had thought never existed.
not until this day. they were beautiful in their own way. they had scars that would never leave their souls.

but, even so, they were still dancing. winter adorning their gorgeous fur that embraced the sunlight. it reminded her of the one she loved, but now hated.
but, would forever miss.
(1003-ish words! <3 from laurel's perpective!)
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:53 am

Day 17 prompt has officially ended! Prompt #18 is up! Your rewards will be shown on the first page.

Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me