Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

[092.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:49 am

MISTCLAN !!
    x( sushifoxx archive last post )

And it hit her.

The aroma of embers and ashes, of burnt cinder and obsidian charcoal, fumes flecked with the fragrance of a runaway fire. A fire gone so, so wrong. It enveloped her, a faint wisp faltering in the breeze, teetering like the haunted whispers rushing across the border.

Survivors. Ash-streaked and weary, their paws straggled with an unending trail of soot, fur darkened by the kiss of flame’s touch. The flicker of dying flames in their eyes… never left. A testimony to the hell each had walked through. And loss unconquered.

Her heart lodged in her chest.

Swallowing, Cinnamonstick crept, easing behind a thicket of thorns. A new scent, a sweet aroma, tickled her nose. A reprieve from the suffocating fumes tainted with loss. And caught within the twisted tangle of thorns… small, budding greens. Her paws brushed against them, soft and gentle. (+1 celandine, +1 feverfew)

A raspy hiss punctured the fragile silence, cutting. “What are you doing?”

“Rattlesnake!” She jolted. “I… there’re some rogues. They’re just across the border and━”

Their eyes narrowed, mere amber slits. “And what? You were fraternizing with the enemy?”

“No! Of course not, I just…” She shook her head, heart sinking. “I was just watching to see what they’d do. I think… I think they may be hurt. They were in a fire.”

A beat crawled by, agonizing slow, the silence unbroken.
    Two beats. Three.

Rattlesnake squared their shoulders, chin lifted. A soft huff escaped their jaws, a gentle scoff, as they set down a small bundle of crimson fur, tail drifting over their paws. Dark eyes bore into hers, firelight eyes focused. Suspicious. (+3FP squirrel)

And still silent.

“Should we help them?” Her voice faltered, paws tracing a hesitant shuffle along the dirt. “Or at least… see what’s going on?”

The patrol has spotted a rogue group across the border! They don't appear to be trespassing
    or causing any trouble. Does the patrol confront them or just allow them pass by?

xx
    totals

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ rattlesnake (20% hunger), cinnamonstick (10% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxp stats (opted out for death)
    xxxx↳ +35XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+3XP for prey, +2XP for herbs

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP squirrel
    xx+1 celandine, +1 feverfew

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +55XP → level 5 (415/650XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImagex
    notes: n/a! <33
──────────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby 0Zero0 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:51 pm

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

|
|
|

𝕿𝖆𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙
𝔇𝔯𝔬𝔭 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 ℭ𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔰 𝔗𝔞𝔦𝔩
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

|
|
|
•••○☼○•••
♠` It was a long week for Dreamcloud, one filled with deep exasperation as she clambered to prepare everything. Fur slick with rain and sweat as the molly tired her aching bones, and rushing from one end of the camp to the other it was getting close to the morning light. Oh the scent of sweet lavender and smiling roses would soon gleam a crossed the flat stones that lined the hill side. Dawn was rushing up and scaring away the night's pleasant blanket forcing a deep bellow of orange to burst from the horizon.

♠` She didn't have time to gape, restless with business Dream knew what had to be done, oh she knew better then anyone. Not that her perfection would be acknowledged by herself, her modesty in skill was far above that, no. She wasn't the type to recognize her own efforts, others though she would. Which this was far more important to do, yes, it was a moment where Dream would stand up and care for another, but not for the first time. The molly was nervous, and hadn't slept all night. Several herbs had been picked out, and before she could double check anything a sound came at the den entrance.

♠` "Your up early." A yawn escaped a black cat with a stark white face. It was MistLeaf, a stunning short haired tom with several golden specks that run down his coat. Mist was there as the Angel Leaf, so it made since he would be the first to arrive in the medical wing. His face was quizzical at Dreams for a moment, as if to question her existence, then pondered his gaze to the plant life sitting in front of her paws. "Lamb's ear, Sorrel, and... " He looked up. "a Lily leaf? what use is that? Wouldn't that kill one of-"

♠` Dream hushed him harshly, then looked down. "Please be prudent Mist." She kept her head down but looked thoughtful at her teacher, her mentor, who gave a similar look back when realization hit him. "I know your intelligent, but dreams must still be tugging at your mind." She gathered the herbs up with her tail and stepped out into the morning light.

♠` Before long a large greeting smile awaited plastered on a small thin energetic frame. "Is it ready?!" It was far to early for kits to be awake, but Dream was sure that there was an exception made for this one. His blue pelt made it obvious this was the child who would undergo the ceremony today. Dream took extra care to hide the herbs from him, hoping the smell from the den would overwhelm any other identification to the things she was carrying.

♠` "Go on now little one, I must speak with our leader." She gave him a gentle smile, and with hesitation, the youngster scampered off to a distant grey cat that Dream assumed was his father. Part of her worried the reason he was able to escape was the lack of supervision. His father was always out, and the foxes were rather busy this time of year. The poor kit had no one else in the camp who could watch him.

♠` Not to long the soft footed Angel arrived at the tip of the mountain crest. Bright crimson, flickering salmon, and blossoming cream all flickering under a deep blue sky barely lightening from the distant glowing sun. The flowers glistened and fluttered above the felines heads. Closest to the trunk was a golden beauty thin and tall. He was a cream tabby with scars all down the side of his face and even a torn ear. Deep golden eyes were focused on a black cat standing close to him. Thick dark swirls allowing small slivers of brown to peak through, this included a bright burnished face with matching eyes to the tom that stared at him. This was the Comet Keeper SunStar, and his Holder CrowMask.

♠` Dream bowed deeply to both of them, the Angel giving great respect to those who stood before her. The trial was ready, but there was still preparations to make. Dream passed the two and climbed the cherry tree with great delicacy. Each step seemed to be so careful as if each touch was a sacred act. The rest of her body, her fur, her tails, her whiskers, did not touch any part of the Sakura as if the tree would cause great dismemberment if one were to accidently brush the branches. She sat a crossed the top of the tree on the thickest branch. Her tails dangled low below them, there length almost exceeded that of the trunk, but she kept great care into staying her place.

♠` In the distance, A blue tom, smaller then the rest slowly rose over the hillside with a cheery young one at his heel. He appeared to be doing everything in his power to keep the small creature at bay. The most striking thing about GreyFox was his missing eye. Nothing was in the place of it except a white patch of fur covered in scars. It wasn't torn out, rather it had never been there. This made it easy for him to seem as everyone else, as nothing bothered the tom. Nothing. As Grey stopped in front of the tree, and halted his little tyke behind him, two more cats climbed out from behind him. TagetsePetulia, and VaporStorm. The two were friends of Grey and Cinder, and were there for support.

♠` Vapor was also a blue kitty, a swirling pattern that could remind you of a twister, hence the name. Vapor was a Dragon who wasn't much older then Cinder. She was very quiet as they past, but did nod to her friend. coincidently, the child was also blood related to the leaders of the clan standing at the foot of the tree.

♠` Sunstar announced loudly before more movement could be adhered to. "All paws asunder. Here a dragons roar and tremble." All faces attended to the golden eyes. "Here we gather under our guardian to grant the next cliff edge for our kin." He lowered his head to the apprentice. "What is the path you choose?"

♠` bright blue eyes peered up at Sun. Curiosity filled his open maw. "F..." he looked to his father, then up to Dream. The elegant molly nodded softly to the newly apprentice. "Feather."

♠` "Good." Sun smiled, a small purr escaping his lips. "on this fine day, you will take your first leap beyond the edge where danger awaits. You will be responsible for yourself Cinder." Sun looked to Vapor. "Vapor offered to be your guide. Solus thanks you for your contribution." Everyone bowed to Vapor. "let us begin."

♠` With that, Dream sat up, and Cinder attempted to leap forward, but was stopped by Grey. Sun, and crow leaped down towards the forest, Tagetse followed. Those three were to look for prey. Vapor walked up close to Cinder allowing Grey to leave with the other three. At this point Dream spoke up to the children. "You will be looking for herbs children. The herbs you find, don't find, bring back, or otherwise dictates where you will be placed as a feather. I will be searching as well, but not along side you. You may go now." The molly hopped from the tree in such a gentle manor that the branch barely moved. Her grace followed down a different trail into the forest leaving the two to figure out what to do next.

♠` Vapor blinked in shock. "This... is different then my initiation." She frowned and blinked at her friend. "Did they tell you anything?"

♠` "no." Cinder shrugged. "Let's go!" The child's energy seemed to show that he didn't care that they were given very little to go off of. He followed his instincts and trampled into the brush that didn't have even a sign of previous footing. "Come on slow poke." He laughed excitedly, or nervously, or perhaps both.
[ #1326 words ]
•••○☼○•••

♪` ℭ𝔞𝔱𝔰 𝔒𝔫 𝔓𝔞𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔩

•••••○☼○•••○☼○•••○☼○•••••

𝔏𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔩`3 𝔢𝔵𝔭. 178/400
•••○☼○•••

ℑ𝔫𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶

╒═════════╕

𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔶
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Small Fish ♠ 2FP ♠ x1 [x]
Mouse ♠ 2FP ♠ x1 [x]
Pheasant ♠ 5FP ♠ x1 [x]
Moth ♠ 1FP ♠ x1 [x]
Hawk ♠ 5FP ♠ x1 [x]

╘═════════╛
╒══════════╕

ℌ𝔢𝔯𝔟𝔰
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Water Hemlock ♠ x1 [x]
Raspberry Leaves ♠ x1 [x]
Sorrel ♠ x1 [x]
Tansy ♠ x1 [x]
Broom ♠ x1 [x]
Lamb's Ear ♠ x2 [x x]
Parsley [x]
Hawkweed [x]

-----------------------------------

╘══════════╛
╒═════════╕

𝔘𝔰𝔢𝔡 ℑ𝔱𝔢𝔪𝔰
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Mouse x1
------------------------------

╘═════════╛

𝔏𝔬𝔠𝔞𝔩 𝔄𝔫𝔦𝔪𝔞𝔩𝔰
          ╒══════════╕

𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔶
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Scraps - 1FP
          (leftovers, Moths, Goldfish, Fairies)
          Tiny - 2FP
          (Rodents, Minnow, Thrush)
          Small - 3FP
          (Squirrels, Lizard, Dace, Pidgeon)
          Big - 4FP
          (Rabbit, Ferret, Bass, Jays)
          Large - 5FP
          (Hare, Snake, Salmon, Pheasant)

╘══════════╛
╒══════════╕

𝔓𝔯𝔢𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔰
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Large Cats
(Bobcat , Lynx , Mnt. Lion)
Predator Birds
(Falcons, Hawks, Eagles)
Large Mammals
(Foxes, Wolves, Coyotes)
Humanoids
(Humans, Dwarves, Elves)

-----------------------------------

╘══════════╛

𝔄𝔠𝔱𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔔𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔰
none atm
•••○☼○•••

Death opt-OUT
Last edited by 0Zero0 on Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Peaceclan || Explore #14

Postby coffee.berry » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:02 pm

ᑭEᗩᑕEᑕᒪᗩᑎ

Silverstar landed with a thump in another world.
The kit was there, with a big grin, staring at Silverstar.

"You've made it?" the kit tilted it's head, with a twinkle in it's eye. "I am Atlantis."

Silverstar didn't know what to say. "I- I, um-" Silverstar said softly. "It's really.. you?"

"Yes, it is I, Atlantis, Goddess Of Water." Atlantis stood on her back feet. "But this is not why I have called you. I have called you here because there is something special waiting for you inside this new portal." Atlantis put a paw over a portal that was glowing blue, purple and pink.

"What's.. in there?" Silverstar asked. "Answers." Atlantis said. "I may look young, Silverstar, but I am older than any cat in the world. I know what I'm saying."

"But, how will I get back out again?" Silverstar questioned, looking at her paws in frustration.

"There will be a portal brighter than the sun and the moon combined. That will take you straight to your Clan." Atlantis smiled. "You can come back to me if you ever need help again! I'm always here. Now, go!"

Atlantis grinned at Silverstar and wrapped her tail around SIlverstar's.

"Bye, Atlantis!" Silverstar grinned back at Atlantis and jumped into the portal.

As she flew deeper through the portal, Silverstar felt a longing to stay in this portal.

But home was where she belonged.

Home.

Right now, she just had to get answers and this would be over.

[256 words]

------------------------------------------

-ꉔꋬ꓄ꇙ ꄲꋊ ꉣꋬ꓄ꋪꄲ꒒-

Silverstar
ꇙꁝꏂ/ꁝꏂꋪ
ꁝ꒤ꋊꍌꏂꋪ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 10%
ꁝꏂꋬ꒒꓄ꁝ ꉣꄲ꒐ꋊ꓄ꇙ: 100%

꒒ꏂ꒦ꏂ꒒: 3 [88/400]

꒐ꋊ꒦ꏂꋊ꓄ꄲꋪꌦ:

Bugs | 1 FP
Vole | 2 FP
Vole | 2 FP
Crow | 4 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Scraps | 1 FP
Crow | 4 FP
Squirrel | 3 FP
Vole | 2 FP

x1 Mallow leaves
x2 Goldenrod
x1 Elder Leaves
x1 Catchweed
x1 Lungwort
x1 Goatweed
x1 Burdock Root
x1 Horsetail
x1 Dock
x1 Bindweed
x3 Fennel
x1 Stinging Nettle
x1 Sweet Sedge
x1 Tormentil
x1 Watermint
x1 Broadleaf Plantain
x1 Chamomile

ꉣ꒐ꉔꀘ꒐ꋊꍌ ꂵꌦ ꄲꅐꋊ ꊰꄲꋪꂵ: here <3

ꉔ꒤ꋪꋪꏂꋊ꓄ ꆰ꒤ꏂꇙ꓄ꇙ: wrote:
No quests!

꒐꓄ꏂꂵꇙ ꒐ꋊ ꒐ꋊ꒦ꏂꋊ꓄ꄲꋪꌦ ꒤ꇙꏂ꒯: wrote:Giving Silverstar x1 Bugs (again)! I striked them out <3
(Bugs earned in last response)

꒯ꏂꋬ꓄ꁝ ꄲꉣ꓄-꒐ꋊ: wrote:None!

↤↤↤↤↤ 𝔫όŦ𝑒𝕤: ↦↦↦↦↦ wrote:Image
None!
Last edited by coffee.berry on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[093.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:43 am

HOUSE OF THIEVES !!
    x( taichi archive last post )

The echoes rebounded.

Faint remnants of that nebulous shout, bounced off and around the gnarled canopy of the cave akin to the shriek of a dozen crows, proclaiming their next scavenged feast. Locenhai’s jaw settled into a fine line. Was the prince well? Or had something━

“You don’t have any of those… dark, winged creatures around here, do you?” The foreigner’s voice rumbled, clearing their throat lightly. Gold eyes caught his, a faded lop-sided grin catching the edges of their muzzle. “I hear they can be pesky in these areas.”

He blinked. “… you mean bats?”

“Perhaps.” They tossed a little wink, strides long and purposeful. “Unless… you have something else lurking in these shadows to be concerned of?”

A little huff. “Who said I was concerned?”

Rocks clattered, tumbling, a muted roar echoing from the darkened passage ahead. Claws clashed, the clang of sharpened steel against steel, a warning in their song. And the shadows danced, freely with reckless abandon… shivering.

Trembling before another.

“Careful.” A whispered warning from Fennel as they tugged him behind a jagged pillar, tail a quick signal whip. Their shoulders tensed. “There’s someone here. And it looks like they left this behind.”

Neatly wrapped bundles of leaflets lay abandoned, cast haphazardly behind the rock. Inside… dried snacks. Useful for a long journey. (+1 chamomile, +1 goatweed, +1 wintergreen, +1 yarrow, +1FP scraps, +1FP scraps)

He grunted. “Is the prince…”

Benji.

The prince had fallen. Drowned in the embrace of shadows and locked in the grasp of another. And she assumed the crown, ivory claws pinning him in place, a hiss slipping between her teeth. Auburn curls cascaded with the shadows, wild, like the deep verdant of those sacramento eyes… brimming with undisguised ire.

“Do you have them?” A soft quaver slipped, sidling under the fierce undercurrent of her voice. “Where are you holding them captive? Answer me.”

His throat was dry. Too dry.
    He needed to fix this. Now.

Protect the prince, talk her down, sway her to his side, figure out exactly what to━

The prince hissed. “Captive? What are you━”

“Jaz?”

“Fennel?” Her head lifted, stance faltering. “Stars, I’ve been looking for you for so long. I can’t believe…” Her paws crossed the threshold, nose burying into their soft cinnamon curls, a broken whisper ebbing from her chest. “Stars, you’re really here.” (the patrol has located fennel’s friend! <3)

“My liege?” He scrambled, pace clipped and urgent, as he crouched down beside the fallen prince. Tentatively, he nudged Benji with a gentle paw. “Benji. Are you━”

“Lo, seriously.” A little wrinkle snuck onto the other’s nose. “I’m fine. I’m well. It was merely… a misunderstanding. No harm done.”

“About that…” Sacramento eyes settled, warmth inking her cheeks. “I deeply apologize. It… wasn’t my intention to harm you. When their trail led here, I assumed the worst.” Her head bowed, gaze faltering. “Here… it’s not much, but consider it a peace offering. A thank you.”

A small crystal bloomed, settling between Locenhai’s paws, glistening. Within, the essence of rainbows, a thousand colors captured in the delicate crystalline network, scintillating with an eternal light. (+1 star’s grace!)

xx
    totals

xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ benji (0% hunger), locenhai (0% hunger)

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxx↳ +45XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+2XP for prey, +4XP for herbs, +15XP for npc quest

xx+1FP scraps, +1FP scraps
    xx+1 chamomile, +1 goatweed, +1 wintergreen, +1 yarrow

xxitem finds (from fennel <3)
    xxxx↳ +1 star's grace (fast age-up for nursery growths!)

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +76XP → level 1 (95/200XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x

xxImage
    x
    notes: n/a! <33
Last edited by Vivika on Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 016. [march explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:53 am

xxLITTLEMINICOOPER'S FLOWERCLANxx
xx
written words exp: 15
additional exp: n/a
food+herb exp: 14 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp
death opt exp: n/a
total exp: 39 exp

─────────────────────────────────────────
the boundaries of flora and fauna seemed… endless.
with dandelions and daydreams laced within billowing valleys, angels adorned with delicate ceruleans and sienna fluttered all around her, lips parted in a lyrical falsetto as they wandered close.

"you want to know what that bird is?" as dark as the silhouette of a raven, eyes fathomed of soft golds and stars danced towards hers─ twinkling.

"but didn't you already tell me what bird this is?"
lips adorned into a sheepish grin, honeypaw tilted her head a little. "isn't it a magpie?

the gentle boom of her mentor's voice faltered into the lyrical tang of laughter.
"it's actually a bluebird." eyes fluttering shut into a wink, her mentor grinned a little as a single ivory claw gestured towards a shadowy silhouette bejeweled with hues of sapphires and pearls. "that one is a magpie."

a soft snort embellished the hush that fell between the two.

"show-off-"

"penguinpebble! honeypaw!" delicately muffled, tawny curls wavered nearby along with a rustle as the boom of brokenstar's voice adorned reality. "mind helping out?"
(+5fp [hawk], +2fp [mouse], +3fp [squirrel], +1 broom, +1 alder bark, +1 hawkweed, +1 horsetail, +14exp)
**you levelled up! <3 +1fP [of your choice], +50 stardust

┌───────────────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 10 fpxxxxxx herbs earned: +1 broom, +1 alder bark, +1 hawkweed, +1 horsetailx level: level 0 (80/100) -> level 1 (19/200)
items earned: n/a xxxany free posts remaining? : zero posts -----xxxxx hunger: 0% for the patrol!

└───────────────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 017. [march explore posts] !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:03 am

xxLILI041'S LISSIDOMxx
xx
written words exp: 35 exp
additional exp: n/a exp --
food+herb exp: 3 exp
patrol exp: 10 exp ----
death opt exp: yes (x2)
total exp: 96 exp -----
████

─────────────────────────────────────────
butterflies fluttered in her stomach─ seemingly breathtaking as the patrol wandered… tension laced within the startling hush that had fallen over them.

the rose-golds of the morning had faltered, bowing to the fierce bronze hues of the evening as the bitter tang of blood wavered, delicately masked with the sweet fragrance of roses… before fadingdwindling like a falling star in the night.

it was gone.

"marcus? petra?" wavering ever-so slightly, the gentle cadence of her voice parted the deafening silence, lacing it with a serenity beyond any other. "i think the fox is gone."

and there… wisps of scarlet and roses lay, along with a curl of auburn─ the last trace of the wandering fox… one that left in a hurry.
(+3fp [squrriel], +1 ragwort leaves, +4exp)

┌───────────────────────────────────────┐
fp earned: 3 fpxxx herbs earned: +1 ragwort leaves xxxx level: level 2 (58/300) -> level 2 (154/300)
xxxxitems earned: n/a xxxxxxxx hunger: 10% for the entire patrol!

└───────────────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[006] ~ Explore (Lissidom)

Postby LiLi041 » Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:22 pm

Last Explore Post: here! | Last Response Received: here!
Level 2 (154/300 exp) | Death Opt-In: Yes | Predators/Prey: default

Patrol
Lissi | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: no
Maurus | he/him| HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: no
Petra | she/her| HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: no

Items Used
N/A

Active Quests
N/A

Inventory
Prey:
  • scraps | 1 FP | x5
  • squirrel | 3 FP | x1
Herbs:
  • daisy leaves | x1
  • thyme | x1
  • comfrey root | x1
  • horsetail | x1
  • parsley | x1
  • burnet | x1
  • feverfew | x1
  • ragwort | x1

"The fox... the fox is gone," Lissi repeated. She couldn't believe it, and a glance at Maurus and Petra told her they couldn't either. Adrenaline still raced through their veins, blood coursing and pumping at a rate quicker than ever before.

But their noses wouldn't lie to them. And as they stared at each other, Lise's little chirps could be heard as he came flying back, his little wings beating quickly in the air. The patrol understood; Lise reported that the fox had left in a hurry, for some unknown reason. But it likely wouldn't be coming back, that was for sure. So, that was it.

The danger had passed.

Maurus cracked a smile. "Though I can't believe it ended like this, I'm glad it turned out this way. We probably need more practice before a real fight anyways."

"Yeah," Petra agreed. "Let's spar more at home."

Lissi nodded. She wondered why the fox had left; perhaps it was just Mother Nature looking out for them, knowing that they were unprepared?

Just to check though, they still headed over to where the fox's scent came from. Indeed, the fox was truly gone. As their heart rates returned to normal, they found ragwort leaves and a squirrel.

Already, everyone could hear their bellies rumble. A glance at the sun told them that most of the daylight was already gone.

"Should we head back to camp?" Maurus asked.

"Yeah," said Lissi. Lise had gotten very tired from all the flying, and when she glanced at him, she could see him drooping tiredly on her shoulder. She gave him an affectionate lick, and told him, "You did really well, Lise. You can sleep now, if you want." Lissi chirped quietly in response, so quiet she couldn't really understand what he was saying, but she knew that he had heard her.

The patrol started to head back to camp. First, they went to get Artep. Petra was really glad to see that nothing had happened to him while they were away. The poor little mouse looked so stressed as he huddled over their food and herbs.

"Artep," she called. "We're back." Artep looked out from his hiding spot in the tree hollow, and squeaked with such heartrending distress that her heart ached intensely. She gave him an intense round of licks and cuddles and comfort. "We're okay, nothing happened. The fox had already left by the time we got there. And we got more food and herbs," she said, showing him the squirrel and the ragwort. "You did such a good job keeping everything else safe," she praised. Artep squeaked again, this time with a little more relief and also some exhaustion. It looked like the relief from seeing them all well again was slowly letting the adrenaline that had kept him awake and alert wash away.

As Lissi and Maurus took their other finds from the tree hollow and prepared to carry it back to camp, Artep took a few tottering steps out from the tree hollow to try to get on Petra's shoulder.

His little body wobbled and he nearly tripped, but Petra scooped him up and placed him on her shoulder. She gave him another big lick. "We're going back to camp. You can sleep, if you want," she told him. Artep blinked slowly, and buried his face in her fur.

As the patrol made their way back to camp, she could slowly feel him falling asleep.

Nothing eventful happened before they reached camp, and when they got back to camp, the first thing they did was sleep in the comfort of their own moss-lined nests. They slept like the dead, tired and worn out from the day's expedition.

Lissi was the first to wake up the next morning. The whole camp was quiet, and she knew her companions hadn't yet arisen. Lise wasn't awake yet, either; she had quietly slipped out of the leader's den to get a head start on the day.

She first organized the fresh-kill pile with the food they had found the day before. Then, she went into the medicine cat's den and stored away the herbs for future usage.

By the time she finished, the sun was already up. When she left the medicine cat's den, she was pleased to see that everyone else was already up. "Lissi, you're here! Let's eat together!" Petra called.

Lissi hurried over to join them, her belly rumbling. She took a bug from the pile, and pushed it over to Lise. Lise took his fill from the bug, and quickly became full. Then, she finished off the rest of the bug. She also ate another portion of scraps to satisfy the remains of her hunger, and then she started to groom herself, her belly full.

[use 1x scraps, 1x bug for Lissi]

Maurus and Petra also took a bug and portion of scraps each. Artep excitedly picked through Petra's share of scraps to find the little pieces he liked the most.

[use 1x scraps, 1x bug for Maurus]
[use 1x scraps, 1x bug for Petra]

After a full breakfast and a prolonged grooming session, the three were ready to set off again on another patrol. Though they already had enough food for a few more days, it was best to keep hunting and keep the freshkill pile well-stocked. Or over-stocked. Better over-stocked than under-stocked.

So it was with full bellies that the trio formed another hunting patrol and set off into the woods.

[916 words]
Please credit my Toyhouse @LiLi041 for all designs!
~~~
Lissidom (Stars) | eNUF (Stars)
Colony Tracker (Storkies)
~~~
All trades welcome!
LiLi041

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[094.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:01 pm

RAINCLAN !!
    x( yuma.exe archive last post )

All around, the aura of the tropics radiated. Still drenched with the morning dew, fruits infused with a sweet, intoxicating fragrance swirled, pale splashes of rose golds, periwinkles and saffrons draping the canopy above.

With the gentle drizzle of rain cascading down his back… it was perfect.

Almost.

His paw eased in front of a beetle with dark, ebony horns cresting the slope of its head. A soft, tender leaf rested within its grip, held tightly by the stubborn, armoured creature. (+1FP bugs, +1 raspberry leaves)

With a little smile, his gaze lifted, turning to the wild frills and fronds of the forest before him. A gold-bellied frog croaked a gentle lullaby, hopping with renewed vigor… towards another.

And she was there. His angel under the fronds of ferns forever swaying to an enchanted song, forever crowning the angel cradled in their embrace. A weeping angel.

Her head bowed, shoulders slumped, defeat a heavy millstone on her heart. If she had wings… they’d be clipped. Stolen by a thieving bandit with neither heart, nor soul.

His heart thrummed, squeezing as he drew close. “Furzetuft?”

“Oh!” A faint smile skimmed her muzzle, half-heartedly tugging the ends up. “I… didn’t see you there.” Her paw lifted to her head, delicately easing the blushing lily from her curls. “I received your gift. It’s lovely… thank you.”

His brows pinched. “Are… are you okay? Is something wrong?”

Gold eyes caught his.

And her voice was a melody, soft and sweet, although melancholy seeped, a new note tainting her song. She traced an idle circle in the soft earth, clearing her throat. “No. Not really.” She swallowed hard. “You remember my friend? The one who was sick?” Her voice broke. “She… she didn’t make it.”

“Furzetuft, I…” And there was nothing he could say. Nothing truly important, nothing to ease her solace… the sorrow weighing so heavily. Nothing, but meaningless words and a sprinkle of sympathy and pity. And that… that was nothing. Meaningless.

His paw drifted, resting on hers.
    But he could do this.

A promise. An assurance that… he was here. And he would always be. Through storms and wildfires, through mountains and valleys, through the dark and the light. And perhaps, that was all she truly needed.

“Thank you.” A mere whisper, cradling a soft, hesitant smile. Genuine. Her head tilted, gold eyes alight with renewed, gentle strength. “You don’t know what that means to me. I’m… going to visit her family. My friend’s. See if there’s anything I can do.” She faltered. “I… may be gone for a long while, Stormstar. But I’d like you to have this… a gift until I return.”

And gently, she tucked a loop of twine over his neck. At the ends, a little glass bottle capped with a dried cork, the insides brimming with the essence of stardust and galaxies, blinking with unspoken promises of the universe’s glory. (+1 star’s greetings!)

With a gentle brush of her side against his, she stepped away, a farewell sailing with the winds.

xx
    totals

xxxx↳ stormstar (10% hunger)

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxx↳ +15XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+1XP for prey, +1XP for herbs, +1XP for item

xx+1FP bugs
    xx+1 raspberry leaves

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ +1 star's greetings (gives a starclan/dark forest line edit to one cat!)

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +28XP → level 0 (106/100XP) → level 1 (6/200XP)

xxImage congrats! you've reached level one and received an additional +1FP (your choice) and +50 stardust!
    x
    notes: hello! i hope you are doing well, ahh! i love seeing furzetuft x stormstar's relationship progress ─ it's so sweet!! <33

one quick thing, but i noticed you listed a "siamang" as 1FP in your custom prey/predator list! from a quick search + exchange with another writer, we feel it'd be a little more realistic to list a siamang as either 4FP or 5FP, since it is rather large! feel free to add something else (smaller) as an 1FP option if you'd like; my pms are also always open if you'd like to brainstorm some ideas for a rainforest setting! ^^
Last edited by Vivika on Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby WolfstormSC » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:58 pm

Duskclan

The water dripping from her fur and the dazzling light slipping between the trees almost made the moment seem surreal to the young tom. Everything seemed frozen in place, a beautiful moment in time. And yet... He felt empty. His heart was sinking to the pit of his stomach and something felt very wrong.

"Mother... I never did get to call you that, did I?" Mousetail chuckled to himself at first, unable to understand or comprehend the scene that was laid out in front of him. The cat that had taken him in and raised him as her own son, was now laying in front of him, without a single breath of life within her lungs.

He crept closer, every step felt heavier than the last. But still, he was determined and didn't give up until he finally arrived at the side of Timbershine's now deceased body.

Gently, he puts a paw on her to examine. This was more than enough proof for him. An undeniable truth that he had no choice but to accept. She was gone.

"We... Should take her body back and let her children know." He faltered, tears starting to roll down his cheeks. He had hoped to remain composed for the others, but it was all coming to him at once now. The emotions that came with it were overwhelming.

Hawkstripe gave him a nod, affirming this. He quietly whispered an order for weaselmask and ivypatch to do just that.

Infernoheart sat at the young tom's side, offering her condolences. She had never been particularly close to timbershine, but she knew that she was a very good cat who just wanted the best for everyone else deep down.

Hawkstripe took another look at the scene, his gaze came to rest on the new, unfamiliar cat.

Ah, right. Where were his manners?

"I apologies for what you've just witnessed. Thank you for your help during this. As a token of our appreciation, please accept this gift of a shrew. We had only just patrolled the area, so it is still quite fresh. He bows to furzetuft, presenting the gift to them. (2fp given as a quest item)

After a while, the other two come back from their duty. This time, Shadestar came behind them. He thought that since his clan member had died, it was only natural for him to investigate it himself, as leader. He took a while to poke around the site, but didn't find anything noteworthy.

"Come on, let's head back." He cooed towards the rest of the party. He could understand that they likely needed some rest after the whole ordeal and didn't expect them to continue on their work during this time.

As night arrived, a burial ceremony was conducted for timbershine, where she was properly laid to rest. Everyone shared tongues about her and the memories that they had shared with the motherly she-cat.

After this, the patrol took a good few days to rest and recover. They decided to set off once again, with shadestar at the ready, hoping to remain vigilant for any further threats to his clan.

Mousetail was still in low spirits, but he was now okay enough to continue his work and patrols around the area.

[ 535 words ]

-- cats on patrol

Shadestar | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hawkstripe | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Ivypatch | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Mousetail | He/Him | HP 99% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
Infernoheart | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N
Weaselmask | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: N

-- level 3
experience: 158/400 EXP
-- items in inventory used
Shrew (2fp) x1 (given to furzetuft)
-- active quests:
Give furzetuft 2fp or 2 herbs
-- opted in to death?
Yes
-- inventory
Scraps | 1 FP | x3
Bugs | 1 FP | x3
Shrew | 2 FP | x2
Rabbit | 4 FP | x2
Hawk | 5 FP | x3
Vulture | 5 FP | x2

Celandine | usage | x1
feverfew | usage | x1
Dandelion | usage | x1
Lungwort | usage | x1
Marigold | usage | x1
Willow bark | usage | x1
Daisy leaf | usage | x1
Lovage | usage | x1
Poppyseed | usage | x2
burdock root | usage | x1
Stick | usage | x1

Note: Lightningstrike is a murderous cat in my clan and all of these cats are planned to be his victims. I was wondering if he could be incorporated into potential death scenarios (preferably without them noticing though). No problem if not!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'm WolfstormSC, but you can call me Wolf!
He/him or They/Them
World Builder/Writer - Artist - Gamer
Avatar of Thatcher by Crisadence - #160992 on Lioden
Art of Atticus and Vincent by LonewolfKumniver on TH
Beaumont Collies - Return - Stars - VOK - HW
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
WolfstormSC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[095.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:53 am

KINGDOM OF KHAFRA !!
    x( wildsight archive last post )

And the darkness lurked close, charcoal tendrils twisting a cruel tango… striking with poisoned fangs. Fangs forever tainted with the snare of night terrors and the blind kiss of the unknown. It followed like the toll of a dying bell, ringing a haunted lullaby.

The Menes.

Wherever he turned, wherever he dared step and in every turning shadow, it was like they were there. A tightening noose around his heart, squeezing with neither mercy, nor reprieve. It was a game, a foolish, exhausting game, a gamble with stakes so lofty that falling… falling meant a fate forever sealed. And it wasn’t an option. Never.

A splitting shriek sent a shiver shooting through his heart.

The desert erupted. Silver-touched sands whipped with a wildness anew as a force careened, hurtling into the swaying seas. Sienna feathers drifted, lost castaways crawling along the sands, abandoning ship, revealing an avian with crippled wings, twin round eyes as luminous as the moon even in defeat. (+4FP horned owl)

And… something else.

With a small frown, Flaresun crept close, paws sifting the sands and curling along a loose, gold chain. At the ends of the chain, a compass. Etched with the handiwork of astral lights and the morning star, it was… a relic. Ancient. Inside, fragile gilded needles spun frantically, chasing the north, south, east and west, locked underneath cracked glass. Warmth radiated, a gentle heat igniting under his touch. (+1 supernova; a mythical karpati edit ━ congrats! <3)

“Everything okay?” Maplewish. With a little shake of her head, she wandered close, head canting in a tilt. “Heard a shriek and well… thought the shadows spooked you.” Azure eyes twinkled, joined with a light, teasing swat across his shoulder. “I may or may not have bet on it, too.”

He huffed. “Never without the games, huh?”

“Mhm, perhaps.” Her smile was unfaltering. “Speaking of which, we managed to scrounge up a thing or two. Care to take a look?” (+1FP bugs, +1FP bugs, +1 broom, +1 catchweed, +1 celandine, +1 comfrey root)

The compass needles froze.

It pointed north. True north. In the direction where the dust had started to gather, arising in a crawling cloud over dunes cloaked in gold… surging forth by the cadence of paws crossing. Nebulous forms crested the top of a dune, still far away, but present all the same.

“Wait.” His jaws parted, throat dry. “I think… we have company.”

The patrol has sighted a few unknown loners! While they aren't close to the temporary camp (not trespassing), nor causing trouble… they do appear to be passing by. Does the patrol confront them or leave them alone in hopes of remaining undetected?

xx
    totals

xxxx↳ flaresun (10% hunger), snap (10% hunger), maplewish (10% hunger)
    xxxxxvaporfrost (10% hunger), bushbird (10% hunger)

xxhealth stats
    xxxx↳ n/a

xxxx↳ +30XP for writing, +10XP for patrol sent, +530XP from quest board
    xxxxxx+6XP for prey, +4XP for herbs, +1XP for item

xx+4FP horned owl, +1FP bugs, +1FP bugs
    xx+1 broom, +1 catchweed, +1 celandine, +1 comfrey root

xxitem finds
    xxxx↳ +1 supernova (mythical edit → karparti) !!

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +581XP → level 1 (617/200XP) →
    xxxxxx→ level 2 (417/300XP) → level 3 (117/400XP)

xxImagecongrats! you've reached level three and received an additional +3FP (of
    xxxxxxxxxxyour choice), +2 herbs (your choice), +1 common edit and +1 nr myo!
    x
    notes: n/a, but i am very intrigued by the current plotline/arch you have going on! i'm excited to see where this all goes <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me