Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

explore post 001 -- elmclan

Postby ethium » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:28 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
elmclan storage - last explore: n/a - last response: n/a - word count: 642
level: 0 experience: 0
      explore post 001

The wind was light, and pikesplash let herself take a moment in the pleasant weather within elmclan's camp. Beside her rested amberhaze, purring lightly as she ran a tongue over herself. The two lay in the shelter of a nearby tree, just outside the primary ring of camp. The day had gone uneventfully, and the two were wrapped up in the bliss of their own company. Pikesplash watched as Perchpaw, Wolfpaw and Doepaw dashed rings around one another, playing gleefully in the sunlight. A brief smile flashed across her maw as she watched her daughter goof about. There were things to do, of course, as there always were, but for this brief moment she felt relief begin to flood in. The last few moons had been full of adventure and conflict, far from what pikesplash had been used to in her youth, and she was greatful that her daughter would have a chance at peace. Albeit for a brief time. Her amber eyes flicked up however, when Lionfang trod in. Broad shouldered and lean, the stern molly took one look at the romping apprentices and let her irritation show. Pikesplash watched lionfang huff, and peel back her lips in a snarl as she snapped at the young cats.

"Hey mouse-brains! Things don't get done around here by running circles around each other! To work! All of you." she gestured with a sharp nod of her head to nowhere in particular. Pikesplash resisted the urge to quip back, and instead watched as the apprentices flashed quick apologies and then dashed off to who-knows where. Perchpaw slunk across the clearing back towards her mothers.

"Who made dirt in her nest?" perchpaw muttered, dipping her head first to amberhaze and then meeting pikesplash's gaze with irritation. "We were just having a bit of fun." Pikesplash chuckled softly.

"Well, maybe if you lot weren't such a pain in the tail all the time-" she was cut off as perchpaw pounced indignantly on her, batting playfully at pikesplash's pelt. "Oh really! I'll show you pain in the tail!" the two collapsed into a fit of laughter, amberhaze chuckled lightly, but had moved away to give the two cats some room. Their rabble had now gained the attention of lionfang, who shot an irritated glare at pikesplash. The spotted molly simply returned it with a simple shake of her head. Some cats just didn't know how to take it easy, lionfang was definitely one of those cats. It didn't take long for lionfang to slink off, but just when pikesplash thought she was going to get an easy day she was proved wrong.

Lionfang returned, fadedstone the quiet, contemplative tom trailing behind her. Lionfang approached the trio of cats, casting an almost disinterested glance over them. Pikesplash felt the urge to claw the arrogant expression off of the older molly's face, but instead drew herself up from her laying position.

"We're to head out on a hunting patrol." Lionfang stated, rather smugly as she looked over the three. "I'm leading it, I want you and perchpaw on it with me and Fadedstone." the yellow molly gave a sharp nod behind her, of which fadedstone did not acknowledge. He remained silent, his gaze fixed on his paws. He looked like he just wanted to get this over with so he could go back to slinking in the corner. Pikesplash sighed, okay lionfang, if your going to be like that.. "Come on Perchpaw, duty calls." her apprentice and daughter seemed irritated, but said nothing as she nodded and joined the group. Lionfang pulled her head up and strode towards the entrance with a quick flick of her tail.

By the ancestors this hunting patrol is going to be insufferable... With that thought in mind, Pikesplash joined the group, and they made their way out of camp and into the territory.

XXXXX
        the current patrol:
        pikesplash - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        perchpaw - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        fadedstone - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        lionfang - HP 100% - HUP 0% - sick: n/a
        prey inventory:
        prey -- 1FB -- x0
        prey -- 1FB -- x0
        prey -- 2FB -- x0
        used inventory:
        item name -- desc
        herb inventory:
        herb name -- description
        herb name -- description
        active quests: n/a
        roll for death? no
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby aglassman » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:15 pm

Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
The crate rattled into the side of the monster again and Celery curled his tail over his ears in an even more impossibly tight ball. Why why why why why? That morning has seemed so ordinary: she had woken up to wet food from her Twolegs, batted around her favorite jingle ball, and settled down in the sink for a nap. When the short one scooped her up under her forelegs, she pretended to be miffed, but she knew that she was safe. At least, she had been. But when she was dropped into the arms of a new Twoleg and summarily stuffed into a new crate, she knew something was not right.

This crate did not smell the same as the crates that Celery’s siblings had gone away in, plasticy and fresh. It was dusty and smelled like something Celery did not recognize. Paper? Wheatgrass? But what had scared Celery into the huddled wreck he was now was the ghost. As a large Twoleg paw latched the cage door shut, a flash of lightning screamed before Celery’s eyes and in the afterimage, he could see a beast. Like a cat or a dog but one hundred times larger and more fearsome. It opened its terrible jaws and spoke the words that Celery had been hearing in his dreams for moons: “The mighty Stone must never shatter.”

What happened after that was a blur--Celery had nearly passed out, and the rumbling thunder became indistinguishable from the roar of the monster she had been loaded into. The ride was long, much longer than she was used to in her few encounters with monsters, but when she was abruptly lifted out of the seat and her crate set down in front of an old barn, she felt like it had been all too short. Surely this was not her new home? Her foster-siblings, a few moons older than her, had reassured her that they would each go to nice new Twoleg homes when they were grown--like their own, but without any pesky siblings to jostle and fight over wet food. A home with a warm, sunny windowsill and fresh, soft towels.

Celery could not imagine this building containing any towels, soft or otherwise. The dry, grassy smell was much stronger, wafting from large, yellowing piles of straw. The walls were sunbleached wood, and high above was no warm windowsill, but a dark loft. Silhouetted in that loft was a figure. The monstrous old bear of a cat roared, and Celery bolted.

Ignoring the Twoleg’s dismayed yowls, Celery scrambled for a hiding place and dashed into a nearby shrub. When he popped unexpectedly out the other side and tumbled down a short slope, Celery resolved to run as far as his little legs would take him. He would not become supper for a lion. Not today.

Celery wandered, lost, for the better part of a day. The coarse grassland she started in eventually gave way to red clay soil, and then to the smooth, flat stone that Twolegs walked their dogs and monsters on. Around her rose monolithic Twoleg nests, each identical and much thinner than what she was used to. It was like a pantry with boxes of Twoleg kibble stacked face-to-tail. She walked with her eyes cast upward, hoping to find the familiar window of her apartment, but she recognized nothing, and the few cats who she glimpsed through the glass hastily turned their eyes away. Was she really that scary-looking, tired and dirty as she was? On a sudden hunch, Celery anxiously glanced behind her. The beast wasn’t following her, was it? But the only movement was the shadow of a Twoleg pelt rippling high overhead.

Soon after the cloudy evening sky darkened over, it began to rain, and Celery leapt into the half-open mouth of a Twoleg bin to take cover. He thought that he could smell Twoleg food in the tall, dark container, and it would be as good a place to shelter for the night as any. Except for a nice, warm bed, he thought glumly.

Celery was awoken abruptly by a crash and the world turning sideways. Dazed, she tumbled out of the bin and onto the feet of a trio of ferocious-looking rogues. “Hey! There’s nothing but wrappers in here!” one yowled indignantly, “That kittypet ate all our cheeseburgers!”

“There were never going to be cheeseburgers in there, you fat moron.” His buddy jostled the other roughly in the shoulder, but by then Celery was long gone.

A bedraggled Celery trudged through the Twolegplace in the dim moonlight for what seemed like forever. She was miserable, hungry, and she had no idea where she was. Every corner seemed like it had just had the shadowy tail of a rogue or the beast flick around it. The Twolegplace was clearly dangerous, but she had nowhere else to go. She didn’t even have a clue where she was going.

Suddenly, the old Twoleg barn loomed before him. Oh no. This was the last place that Celery wanted to end up at. He turned to leave, but a bolt of lightning split the dry earth at his tail and he sprung a foxlength into the air. The shadow he cast resolved itself into the shade of a monstrous cat scarred by white lightning: the same figure that Celery had seen earlier that day. But this time it faded with the lightning glow, and in its place, the dim moonlight revealed a much smaller, silvery-grey old she-cat. Her eyes flitted around wildly and she hissed, “Come in. Quick. You’re soaked.”

Celery opened her mouth to protest, but she was soaked, and she could no longer sense the ominous aura of the beastly shade. Hesitantly, she padded after the elder into the cool, dry barn.

“I-- The ghost--” Celery stammered, but the grizzled she-cat cut him off with a hiss. Celery couldn’t help but notice the broad scars that criss-crossed her pelt.

“Hush, child. He won’t hurt you now. It’s a mouse’s breath until sunup, but if you sleep now, you can get some rest. Then we can figure out what to do with you.”

Obediently, Celery curled up on a mound of straw that the old cat had gestured to and closed his eyes.

---
“Sleep well. Old Charlie will protect you.”

Charlie wearily addressed the ghost standing in the doorway. “What are you doing with this poor child? They have no part in this.”

The shadowy cat only flicked his ear in annoyance and took a pawstep forwards, towing over her. The morning sun rose over the crest of the hill and the last stars of Silverpelt twinkled out. Just before the figure faded, he hissed in Charlie’s tipped ear, “StarClan has deigned to send you a seed. Plant it.”
[ 1131 words ]

--cats on patrol
Celery | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Charlie | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
--items in inventory used
none
-- active quests:
none
I want to risk death!

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Kibble, garbage scraps| 1FP
Mice, small birds, lizards, small fish| 2FP
Squirrels, medium birds, rabbits, fish| 3FP
Groundhogs, opossums, poultry, hot prepared food (Twoleg garbage)| 4FP
new predators: Raccoons, foxes, domestic dogs, coyotes
new dangers: Rogues from The Stones, cage traps, monsters, farm equipment
new herbs: List

Last edited by aglassman on Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    " gardening goat gal . "
    moo/glass - she/her - adult
    th - stars - return

aglassman

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Re: Nomads Explore #1

Postby xem » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:29 pm

mothbrainz wrote:The Nomads

Silence filled the air for a few moments before No Place to Go and Cold on the Inside began to make movements, not only with their paws, but their tongues. They spoke as they moved farther away from the four cats behind them, ears alert, and eyes searching. Their once normally deadly silent footfalls were now slightly reckless, stepping on small sunken branches in the mud, and creating sloshing sounds. A soft purr of amusement came from Cold on the Inside as she allowed the muck to create sloshing noises between her paws. No Place to Go rolled her eyes, “Are you actually getting a kick out of this?” She asked in a gruff tone, but a smile began to twitch at her jaws. Cold on the Inside only smirked, “You aren’t?” She asked with a teasing look in her eyes. To them, the group of four cats growing in distance behind them didn’t exist. For a moment, it was just them, awaiting the eyes of any predator that would dare to draw near.

But a sudden sound broke the silence from in front of them, as something small darted right towards their paws. No Place to Go was quick to attack, taking the creature with a swift snatch of her paws. A poker, decent in size, muddied from the run it had endured. They were usually spotted in trees, it was a bit uncommon to see one running in the mud. The she-cat hadn’t been quite as careful as she should have been when taking the prey, and poker’s sharp features causing some damage to her paw. She didn’t express the minor pain, biting her tongue. No Place to Go looked at Cold on the Inside, they both feeling a slight sense of something to come. “Something larger must have scared it, right?” Cold on the Inside asked, her muscles slightly tense from the sudden movement that had just occurred. But No Place to Go only shook her head, “Let’s just keep moving forward..” She mumbled, heading in the direction the poker had come from. As they began to move again, Cold on the Inside noticed a small plant growing beneath their paws, miraculously untouched. Ragwort. She clutched it in her jaws before heading after No Place to Go.

[+4 FP (Poker), +1 Ragwort Leaves, +5 XP, -5 HP for No Place to Go, no herbs or rest time required to heal ]

The duo took in the scents of the land before them, preparing for any danger. A feeling of something unknown hung in the air, but whatever it was never seemed to present itself. The tension loosened, but neither cat refused to believe the poker had simply ran at their paws for no reason. Just before deciding to move on, Cold on the Inside spotted a meat fruit attempting to blend in with its surroundings. They snatched it up in their jaws, giving their partner a smug look. They soon returned back to their group of other four cats, both curious to speak of all that had happened. The four that had stayed back appeared to have not experienced anything unusual, but their eyes were wide with curiosity.

[ +1 FP (Meat Fruit), +1 XP ]

"It seems you had some action, we saw you catch the poker. Are you two alright?" Full of Rabbit Fur asked, tilting his head. "It didn't seem you needed any assistance from us, but you looked a bit unnerved out there. Was everything okay?" He asked, slightly concerned. Cold on the Inside and No Place to Go exchanged glances, before giving the others a brief explanation. There was no danger, or so it seemed. For now.

[ +25 XP for 386 Words Written ]
    [ +10 XP for Patrol Sent ]
    [ +10% Hunger for All Cats ]

Total:
    [ + 41 XP, +5 FP (x1 Poker and x1 Meat Fruit), x1 Ragwort Leaves ]

Level 1 (187/200) —> Level 2 (228/300)

Level Up! You have received +1 FP of Your Choice, +1 Herb of Your Choice, +1 Common Edit!

┌──────┐

✧ artist
    ✧ guitarist

th
    credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
    xem
    Oekaki Moderator

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby lovage » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:34 pm

[url=first post]last explore post[/url] | [url=n/a]last response post[/url] | font credit
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    level zero | exp none | word count 503

the morning dew was still gathered in the low tide camp’s clearing when jayflight deciding it was time to stretch her sore limbs. she had just returned from an exploration mission around neighboring islands for any future danger. and, she about had it up to the tip of her tail with the wacky requests of foxcall after a bear sighting, so the days of rest she was owed would help her blow some steam before her next request from whitethroat.

jayflight settled down into a sunny patch of grass as she observed the clearing. her clanmates were obviously gossiping about the bear sighting. her fellow clanmates of dustysun and whitethroat were discussing it within earshot and how they were worried about it coming back again. jayflight scoffed at the idea of the bear returning as she saw the guards deal swift and powerful blows to it, obviously scaring it a lot with the power of tiny cats. but, that wasn’t to be expected for hunters, or ex-hunters like whitethroat, to get as they only know how the bears can be deadly for them. then, she heard something she necessarily didn’t want to hear. that scouts would now be joining and guarding the hunter patrols, but at least she wouldn’t have to deal with that for a bit.

yet as she dozed off in her sunbathing, dustysun approached her. “hey, whitethroat wants you to join me, her, and haystalk on a hunting patrol. whitethroat also wants you to see if foxcall can join us as you may not be fully recovered from your previous mission,” he said, poking her with his tail.

“i’m on my break. just get foxcall to go as all she does is sit around camp. she could use a patrol to clear her mind especially since you know what.” jayflight narrowed her eyes as she glanced across to the nursery. foxcall and her kit flamekit sat out front playing moss ball, and the whole bear thing obviously is messing with foxcall as both being a council member and queen had made her pretty worried over everything.

“no, all the scouts have already been sent out besides a few of them,” dustysun replied. “we leave at sun high, so be there unless you need an earful from whitethroat again.” and, before she could respond, dustysun turned and ran to grab haystalk from the hunter’s den. so, she stood up and trotted across the clearing to foxcall. as she approached the she-cat, she said, “we’re needed on a hunting patrol for extra protection, and flamekit will be fine with the queen’s helpers for a bit. no buts unless you want whitethroat dragging out of camp, and patrol is at sunhigh.”

foxcall tried to protest, but jayflight turned and just ran off. patrolling wouldn’t be fun with her sore muscles but annoying foxcall will make it a tad bit more bearable. then sunhigh came, the group of jayflight, foxcall, whitethroat, haystalk, and dustysun set off into the surroundings forests down towards the river.

--cats on patrol
      foxcall | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
      jayflight | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
      dustysun | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
      haystalk | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
      whitethroat | hp 100% | hup 0% | sick: no
      --inventoryprey | 1 FP | x0
      prey | 2 FP | x0
      prey | 2 FP | x0
      prey | 3 FP | x0
      prey | 3 FP | x0
      prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
      herb | usage | x0
      herb | usage | x0
      n/a
      -- active quests:
      n/a

I'm picking my own!
    new prey:
    crabs | 1FP
    squirrels | 2FP
    chipmunks | 2FP
    salmon | 3FP
    small birds | 3FP
    large birds | 4FP
    new predators:
    bears, hawks, and foxes
    Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a
    lovage

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

explore replies!!

Postby sunny-skies » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:44 pm

the soft rustle of leaves caught timberfreckle's attention, and the molly paused as she trailed behind her clanmates. her eyes scanned the area around her, her ears pricked slightly as she searched for the source of the sound. the molly's gaze soon fell upon a small cluster of ferns that stood in a nearby clearing, where, upon further inspection, she could only just spot the pelt of a rabbit through the thin branches. after promising that she'd be back in a moment, the molly disappeared between a clump of bushes, her belly low to the ground. she reappeared a few minutes later, her head held up triumphantly as the plump figure of a rabbit hung from her teeth. the sight of timberfreckle's catch earned her praise from her clanmates, and even a nod of approval from buckstar himself. (+3fp, +3xp)

it wasn't long after when willowdust's keen eyes caught sight of a frog sitting at the edge of a nearby pond, the clear water lapping softly at its feet. the molly crouched, her gaze fixated on the creature in front of her as she inched forward silently. it wasn't long before she stood only a couple feet away from the pond, her body partially hidden from sight by the thick foliage. she stilled, taking a few moments to adjust her footing, before springing forward and trapping the frog under her paws. she quickly pierced it's soft body with her claws, and soon the creature laid limply in front of her feet. (+3fp, +3xp)

willowdust rejoined the group, adding her catch to their small stash of prey. the patrol resumed their search, wordlessly weaving their way through the trees as they made their way deeper into the clan's territory. swifthare's voice soon broke the silence when the tom pointed out a well-sized patch of herbs that sprouted from the ground only a few tail-lengths away from where the patrol stood. though a couple of cats were already occupied with carrying the patrol's previous catches, they still managed to grab a good few to bring along with them. (+1 lamb's ear, +1 celadine, +1 poppy seeds, +1 deathberries)

as the hunting patrol began to near the edge of the clan's territory, it was almost impossible to ignore the strong scent that hung in the air around them. and, while unable to recognize at first, buckstar quickly realized that it belonged to another cat. "rogues." the tom hissed, his eyes narrowing as he spoke. the scent was still fairly fresh, they must have crossed the border a day or two ago, and it was very possible that they were still nearby. "they don't seem to be far, either, judging by the scent". swifthare added, seeming to echo the leader's own thoughts.
    buckstar wasn't fond of the idea of unwelcome cats, especially rogues, trespassing on his clan's territory. and, while he hadn't planned on encountering anything during the patrol's brief hunt, he certainly wanted the outsiders gone. but, then again, he wasn't even sure how many cats there where. two? three, maybe? a larger group of rogues might easily be able to overpower the small patrol if they attempted to drive them out. the tom paused, deep in thought as he glanced over at the others. as the leader of the patrol and the clan, it was ultimately buckstar's decision on how they'd handle the situation. would the patrol pursue the scent and confront them, or ignore the scent and attempt to avoid any risk of injury?

+280xp for 5419 words written
    +10xp for patrol sent
    +10% hunger (-10% for jaggedmoon)

total :

+300xp | +10% hunger | +1 lamb's ear, +1 celadine, +1 poppy seeds, +1 deathberries | +3fp (squirrel), +3fp (frog) | level 4 (182/400)

congrats, you've leveled up! you have received +2fp and +1 herb
    congrats, you've leveled up! you have received +2fp, +2 herb, and +1 random custom

luckysong gave a small shake of his head as he tried to recollect himself, and a part of him couldn't help but feel grateful that nobody else was around. after all, he'd have hated to have made a fool of himself in front of his clanmates. the tom kept a watchful eye as he resumed his journey, making sure to stay on alert for signs of nearby prey or any other stray branches that may appear further along his makeshift path. it didn't help that the tom still wasn't all too familiar with the territory that surrounded him, and him being the only cat on patrol considerably slowed down his progress. though, while more eyes and ears to map out the area certainly would have aided him, the tom was sure that he'd manage perfectly fine on his own.

wanting to memorize as much as he could of the uncharted territory, luckysong allowed himself to slow his pace and pay closer attention to his surroundings. he crept through the underbrush with with soft pawsteps, his head lifted slightly as he sniffed the air around him. the tom was quick to pick up the fresh scent of herbs, which he had grown familiar with over the past few moons and was easy to distinguish among his other surroundings. his gaze swept over the clearing before falling upon a small patch of herbs, which poked out from between the twisted roots of a tree stump. eager with his findings, luckysong rushed forward, the underbrush crunching softly under his paws as he approached the patch. he picked the herbs gently by their stems, grabbing as many as his jaws could carry before moving on. (+1 broom, +1 chamomile, +1 ragwort, +1 holly berries)

despite the clear day and near-perfect weather, the scent of prey seemed to be absent in the air around him. even after an entire morning of scouting the area, anything had yet to make an appearance. if it weren't for the patch of herbs that he'd been lucky enough to come across, luckysong was certain that he'd be returning to camp empty-pawed. after a short while, however, the tom did manage to find the partially-eaten scraps of a vole. the already-faint scent had been easily hidden by the surrounding foliage, and he was sure that he'd have missed it entirely had it not caught his eye. (+1fp, +1xp)

just as he had turned to continue his journey of mapping out the territory, the scraps hanging loosely from his jaws, luckysong caught the scent of what he almost immediately recognized to be a coyote's. the tom froze in his steps, his muscles rigid as his eyes scanned over his surroundings. fortunately it didn't seem to be anywhere around him, but judging by the freshness of the scent, it was definitely close to where he stood. closer than the tom was comfortable with, at least. the idea of a coyote wandering freely around his clan's territory, especially so close to camp, worried him. though provoking it might not be the wisest option, especially when he was on his own, he wanted the fox out of his clan's territory as soon as possible. luckysong's brow furrowed in thought as he weighed his options. would he pursue the coyote's scent, or leave it alone and hopefully avoid crossing paths with it later on?

+35xp for 599 words written
    +10xp for patrol sent
    +0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+50xp | +0% hunger | +1 broom, +1 chamomile, +1 ragwort, +1 holly berries | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (50/100)
    Last edited by sunny-skies on Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    sunny-skies

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby miles. » Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:23 pm

the drifting smoke express
    loreterritory
    last postlast reply

luckysong's neck-fur stood on end as he carefully tasted the air to check the scent again, dread washing over him at the fresh scent of predator flooding his senses. the last thing he needed on an exploration journey was a run-in with a coyote; he was just one cat, & nine lives or one life, he definitely couldn't take the beast down by himself. but all that said, camp was still just too far for him to run back for help to drive off the predator - no doubt redfur would be itching to sink her claws into the fleabag, and shadewish would be his first choice to have in a fight like this as backup - and the idea of letting the coyote make itself at home in their hunting territory was making his blood run cold.

what could he do? he could chance the journey back home, being extra careful to avoid the coyote and still make useful markings along the way back, but what if a hunting patrol or another exploration patrol found him before he could return with the more seasoned carriers? starclan forbid a delivery ran into the coyote - they'd be even more worse off than luckysong is.

"...What kinda a leader would I be, if I just fled with my tail between my legs in the face of danger? Stars alive, Luckysong, get ahold'a yourself..." he mutters under his breath, disappointment heating his fur as he shakes his head slightly to clear his thoughts. no, he had to do this on his own, for the good of the clan; he had nine lives, and every clanmate in the express only had one, far more precious than a ninth of his.

taking a deep breath, he slowly snuck into a nearby patch of brush and undergrowth, carefully concealing the herbs and scraps that he's been lucky enough to find so far there so he could double back for them afterwards. if any cat was to run into the damn coyote, it had to be him, and it had to be now. he's not so stupid as to think he can kill it, though - he's not exactly a paragon of raw strength or anything, but he's pretty sure he can run it off deeper into the woods for now and come back with more carriers after that. it's a bandaid fix, but it'll at least ensure that the rest of the clan stays relatively safe for today. he opens his mouth again to taste the air, briefly flinching in disgust from the overwhelming stench of coyote, and sent a silent plea up to starclan to not let this be a death of him before dropping low to the ground into a hunting crouch and beginning to follow the predator-scent into the forest. he'll take everything back to camp later, once he's certain no apprentices or newly-crowned carriers still acclimating to the territory like he was would run into the jaws of death.

[luckysong will pursue the coyote & attempt to chase it off!]

[ 498 words ]

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

--cats on patrol
    luckysong | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    --level 0
    experience: 50/100

--inventory
    scraps | 1 FP | x1
    mouse | 2 FP | x0
    small fish | 2 FP | x0
    vole | 3 FP | x0
    rabbit | 3 FP | x0
    bird | 4 FP | x0

broom | usage | x1
    chamomile | usage | x1
    ragwort | usage | x1
    holly berries | usage | x1
    -- n / a --
    -- active quests:
    -- n / a --
    ...........nobody deserves to be called a curse;

─── icon by jasper ; ───
    .══════════════════════.
    Image miles / cecil ● he/him Image
    but if you're gonna insist,
    i'm happy to make things worse.

.══════════════════════.
    miles.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Peaceclan || Explore #1

Postby coffee.berry » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:22 pm

PeaceClan
    [url]1st free explore post[/url] | [url]Last Response Received[/url]
    Silverstar was going out for a patrol on her own, as she didn’t have any other cats.
    At first she went up onto the snowy mountain.
    Silverstar sat down by the river and started to drink water hungrily.

[ 70 something words ]

--cats on patrol
    Silverstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Not sick
    --level 0
    experience: 0

--inventory
    prey | 1 FP | x0
    prey | 2 FP | x0
    prey | 2 FP | x0
    prey | 3 FP | x0
    prey | 3 FP | x0
    prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
    herb | usage | x0
    herb | usage | x0
    Any items used this post (or eaten)
    ex. food, herbs, explore items
    -- active quests:
    quest #1 (linked)

I'm picking my own!
    new prey:
    Scraps | 1FP
    Vole | 2FP
    Mouse | 2FP
    Squirrel | 3FP
    Rabbit | 4FP
    Crow | 4FP
    new predators:
    Foxes, badgers, snakes, coyotes
    Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? No
    Last edited by coffee.berry on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
    coffee.berry

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

the pirates

Postby beebun » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:33 am

ᴛʜᴇ ᴘɪʀᴀᴛᴇs
    foxclan last post [url]last reply[/url] - pirates last post last reply

the pirates fight the rouges.
    xxxx chipper really didn’t want to fight, and he hoped that his clanmates would see reason. this technically wasn’t their territory. they were just nomads, and they could be traversing on someone else’s land. and so, before the other two could do anything stupid, he said ‘ guys, this isn’t our territory. we just got here, there’s no need to fight. we have no specific territory, remember? ’ ..no one heard him.
    xxxx teadrip had heard chipper, but she had ignored him. she hated it when cats disrespected others, and really wanted to teach these two a lesson. unsheathing her claws, she glanced at squashpaw and then to chipper, who sighed dejectedly. squashpaw was the first to pounce, and soon the five cats were all fighting one another.
    [124 words]

cats -
    teadrip / hp 100% / hup 0% / sick - n
    squashpaw / hp 100% / hup 0% / sick - n (technically not an app.)
    chipper / hp 100% / hup 10% / sick - n
    level 3
    299 xp out of 400 xp
    inventory -
    scraps / 1 fp / x1
    mice or rats / 2 fp / x0
    small fish / 2 fp / x0
    crabs / 2 fp / x1
    minnow / 3 fp / x0
    bird / 4 fp / x0
    birds of prey / 5 fp / x0
    chamomile / x1
    comfrey root / x1
    raspberry leaves / x1
    tansy / x1
    items used -
    x1 bird
    predators -
    other cats
    birds of prey
    dogs
    coyotes
    beebun

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Chamomile court

Postby Centipedes » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:30 am

I want to risk death!
    Username: chimingcloud
    Clan link: Chamomile Court

Image𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓶𝓸𝓶𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓬𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽Image

"Come on, Heartworm!!" Called the jolly apprentice as she bounced down the path paved by the many cats who walked it before them. A brown tabby and white molly strolled at her own pace several fox lengths behind the lynx-point with no intention of speeding up to please the small cat.

A scoff coughed up in the older cat's throat, "I do not obey the orders of those who cannot take me in battle." Her voice stern yet hinted with a slight purr of amusement.

The insult bounced off the brown cat's back like water as she continued prancing until she was met with the tall stalks of lavender flowers, like a endless forest before her. She braced herself before lowering herself in to a crouch and disappearing within the sea of purple and pink hues.

Chamomile court was faced with a unique challenge of hunting within tall flower fields, they were useful in covering up cat's strong scents and creating oblivious prey but every brush against the plants was echoed into small ears, forcing cats to be stealthier than your average warrior.

The brown molly curled up on a smooth rock right in the view of the suns warm rays, here she would wait for her apprentice. Not wanting to disrupt the cat's assessment and risk scaring off her stalk. They've only had a few days to train their hunting techniques within the flowers but it was time to show that Fishpaw could feed her clan within this challenge to her mentor so that they could critique their training approach accordingly.

[ 262 words ]

--cats on patrol
    Heartworm | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    Fishpaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

--level 2
    experience: 052/300

--inventory
    mouse | 8FP | x4
    scraps | 1FP| x1
    Minnow | 3FP | x1
    vole | 1FP | x1
    opussum | 4FP | x1

Lovage | usage | x1
    celandine | usage | x1
    Coltsfoot | usage | x1
    Daisy leaves | usage | x3
    Foxglove seeds | usage | x1
    Bindweed | usage | x1
    Tormentil | usage | x1
    Mallow leaf | usage | x1
    Lungwort | usage | x1
    Horsetail | usage | x1
    Feverfew| usage | x1
    Dried Oak Leaf | usage | x1
    Borage leaves | usage | x1
    Raspberry leaves | usage | x1
    Watermint | usage | x1
    Willow bark | usage | x1
    Elder leaves | usage | x1
    Deadly nightshade | usage | x2
    Fennel | usage | x1
    sweet-sedge | usage | x1
    Any items used this post (or eaten)
    ex. food, herbs, explore items
    ┌── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┐
    Chime ♡ He/him
    ♡ owner of heartcatch
    └── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──┘
    Centipedes

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:41 am

Eagle Camp

2nd Free Explore Post! | Last Explore Post | Last Response Received | Helpful Explore Doc

Blaze had the best idea, since their little patrol group included a Healer, Scavenger and Veil Walker it was the perfect opportunity to take a kit out for their first look at the territory! So with a little convincing he got Briar to agree to let little Cheese take her first trip outside the safety of the camp. This patrol was mostly just to check that the local herbs were growing in alright after the weird bare leaf they had. As well as to grab some small prey, if they happen to see a good opportunity or find something another predator abandoned for any reason.

They gather at the entrance to the camp, Cheese bouncing excitedly as the adults gather slowly. Briar is standing nearby utterly tense at the idea one of her kits is old enough to start wandering. Cheese circles her queen with excitement as she bounces around.

"Brighteyes says there's cheesebugs and cheese frogs and and all kinds of stuff named like me!" Cheese squeals excitedly.

The three week old kitten is just absolutely vibrating with excitement. Lepid chuckles as he puts a ring of dried mushrooms around his neck, never hurts to be careful in case he needs to get Cheese out of danger quickly. There's plenty of living fairy rings in the territory but it's better not to depend on being near one of those.

"Yup. Lots of species got named after cheese because it looks like it could be made of cheese. None are of course, that would be silly." He teases dipping his head to bump Cheese's affectionately.

"Maybe we will see some of them, maybe not. Newleaf means everything is coming back but we still might not see much prey just yet." Autumn adds, hoping they do get to see some of them since Cheese is so excited about it. She loves seeing the kittens get excited about new things, maybe one day she'll have kits of her own to show off the world to.

"Oh I'm sure we will, today's a great day for prey to be out. Maybe we won't catch anything but I'm sure we will see some stuff scampering about if we are careful." Blaze purrs tail held high. They might not be able to catch anything but if they keep their eyes open there's surely some things to be spotted out ahead of them. He herds their little group into the bramble tunnel.

"Let's get going~" He sings happily. Letting Autumn take point, Lepid alongside Cheese in the middle, and himself taking up the rear. Autumn might specialize in scavenging but she's still a fierce fighter in her own right, so having her up front to ward off danger makes the most sense. Lepid sticks near Cheese so that if things get hairy he can get the kit out of there, whether through the veil or simply scruffing the kitten and running. Blaze is not as adept at fighting as he is healing but he can buy Lepid some time if anything comes from behind them. All three adults are on the alert as they exit the bramble tunnel out into the woods, Cheese however is looking around for totally different reasons. She's taking in her first look at the wide open world of their territory. She's never been out of the bramble cover of their camp, this is so exciting....
    [ 568 words ] [Cheese Count: 14]

--Cats on Patrol
    ImageBlazepatch | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ImageAutumnleaf | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    ImageLepidcatcher | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    Cheesekit | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
    --level 0
    experience: 26

--Predators
    Cotija Hawk | 5 FP
    Gouda Eagle | 5 FP
    Gorgonzola Fox | N/A
    Halloumi Rattlesnake | N/A

--Prey
    Scraps | 1 FP
    Cheesebug | 1 FP
    Cheese Mouse | 2 FP
    Brie Mouse | 2 FP
    Cheese Frog | 3 FP
    Grueyere Rat | 3 FP
    Asiago Rabbit | 4 FP

--Inventory
    Scraps | 1 FP | x1

N/A | Herb | x0
    --Items in Inventory Used
    N/A
    -- Active Quests:
    N/A
    --Lore Items
    Ring of Inedible Mushrooms | Open the Veil | x1
    Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
    Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
    ---
    Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
    ---
    Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
    ---
    Moonlight is Grazing
    ---
    Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
    ToraOkami303

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me