Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby Ember the Wolf » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:32 am

Username: Ember The Wolf
Clan: Willowclan

Quest Number: #1
Response:
Sunlight warmed the red rocks, turning them into the fire they resembled in the late afternoons. Tigerstar paces in the small alcove that made his den. There wasn't more than enough room for him to take more than three or four steps without trampling over Hawkmoth and Springtallow. Despite being in the shade and near the part of the canyon that got the least amount of sun it was still stiflingly hot in the small space. Outside the sun reached its peak and there wasn't even a whisper of a cat as the heat settled into the canyon floor.

"We've explored both areas," Hawkmoth said softly as Tigerstar continued to pace "I think it would be best to use the lakeside slot canyon" he added and Tigerstar sighed. Finally the large tom sat down, although his tail still twitched restlessly. Hawkmoth shared a look with Springtallow before standing and gently bumping the older tom with his forehead.

"We took a good long look at both slot canyons and a area in the upper part of our territory, This one had the most potential and the area for us to grow" Tigerstar gave Hawkmoth a quizzical look but then nodded. "You and I can go take a look once it cools off and then we can start preparations. Is would be best to do it sooner, although that doesn't mean that we can half do anything either. This would be the best time while we have no Queens or Elders to fret about moving." He chuckled "Aside from yellowtail, but he'll be just fine." Hawkmoth nodded glancing at Springtallow who nodded at him.

"It will also be best to do it before Greenleaf is in full swing, The stones will get to hot to work during the day" She added softly and both toms nodded in agreement. "This is true, and we absolutely must be done before the floods begin." Tigerstar added and all three of them glanced to where the dry riverbed lay. Over the past several moons changes in the canyon above them the river had changed course and began to erode away the camp. The elders den had been swallowed sometime during No-leaf and the apprentices den was beginning to start as well. Tigerstar sighed heavily. Hawkmoth could feel the worry coming of of him and then stood

"Springtallow, you did great this morning, go cool off and rest until evening, and then take out a hunting patrol. You may take whoever you want." he said and she dipped her head to both of them before leaping down from the ledge and bounding across the canyon to the warriors den and ducking quickly inside. Hawkmoth sighed and settled down at the edge of the ledge laying in the shade. Tigerstar laid down as well settling close to Hawkmoth as they observed the camp. The sat in silence for a little while nothing really moved besides a few insects and the small trickle of water that weaved through the riverbed.

"I think you'll make a great leader one day" Tigerstar murmured softly after a while. Hawkmoth looked at him surprised.

"I'm flattered," he mumbled "I have a great role model" he said and Tigerstar chuckled softly flicking the red tabby with his tail. After a few more moments Hawkmoth looked at him, his worry showing on his face now.

"I'm worried that I didn't make the right choice." He admitted and Tigerstar nodded slowly and took a few moments to think before responding.

"It's a tough decision." He paused " A lot of cats will question my decision to move in the first place. Especially the other clans." He sighed heavily "Willowclan has always lived in this canyon, From the very start when we settled here." Hawkmoth nodded. He knew the stories, all kits from the clan grew up listening to them. "Its going to be a hard move. And it will take a-lot of time to get used to, but this is one of those ones that we have no other option, The river threatens to drown us every time it floods, and now t's taken away part of our camp. I don't believe many of the leaders would of been able to make the choice to leave"

Hawkmoth nodded as and the sighed, resting his head on his paws again. He had faith in his leader, and in himself for making the right choice.

Word Count: 736

Quest Number:#2
Response

Hawkmoth and Sunstreaker
Hawkmoth always takes things seriously and is focused on his duties, Meanwhile, Sunstreaker is just enjoying life and everything in it.

Quest Number: #3
Response:
"You really are bad at this"

Hawkmoth glared up at his mentor and Tigerstar huffed in amusement. With a soft growl of frustration Hawkmoth jumped up out of the water and onto the bank, Soaked and dripping he shook out his fur intentionally getting Tigerstar wet in the process. The large tabby scrunched his face up in displeasure but didn't move from where he was lounging in the sun. Shivering slightly Hawkmoth settling next to him and brooding silently as he let his fur dry. They sat in contented silence for a little while.

They had been here for most of the morning per Hawkmoth's request. He had insisted that Tigerstar teach him how to get better at fishing. Once Hawkmoth's fur was mostly dried Tigerstar stood and nudged him gently. Hawkmoth huffed at him but followed silently. They made their way down the river bank, the quiet babbling felt like a mockery to Hawkmoth.

"You know, for a cat who swims like a fish, I never thought you wouldn't be able to catch one" Tigerstar said teased after they had walked for a moment. Hawkmoth rolled his eyes and bumped him playfully relaxing a little, He had a hard time letting go of his frustration. After a moment of silence Hawkmoth sighed realizing Tigerstar was waiting for a response.

"I don't know what I'm missing. I can do everything else just fine, but I just cant seem to get ahold of fishing." He said looking at the ground ashamed. Tigerstar didn't respond right away, instead he paused walking to think about his words carefully. They sat there at the edge of the canyon, Where dirt and mud gave way to the soft red sandstone, the river carving its way through the stone.

"I can't climb trees" he said finally and Hawkmoth looked at him surprised. He glanced at the trees around them and then back at the tom in front of him.

"What do you mean? I've seen you climb trees before" Hawkmoths retorted

"You've seen me jump into trees before, I can't climb to save my life" He said before continuing to walk along the stream. Hawkmoth pondered for a moment as they walked. He had a point. Every time he had seen Tigerstar in a tree he had typically jumped directly, or from something into the tree. He glanced at the cat he had idolized his whole life, The cat who had basically raised him and his siblings. the cat who had taught him everything he knew. And suddenly he felt a lot less frustrated about being rally bad at catching fish.

Word Count: 437
Last edited by Ember the Wolf on Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:34 am, edited 5 times in total.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
DeviantArt
YouTube
Commisions

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Main characters
My simas

┣━━━━━━━━━┫
Check out My new Adopts!
Soulis Adopts
┗━━━━━━━━━┛
Ember the Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:04 pm

Username: Macabre.
Clan:BirchClan

Quest Number: QUEST #1
Response: [WC: 799]
BirchClan is an isolated clan by choice. They have no direct borders with other clans so they have little to no territorial battles. They only have the occasional skirmish with loners & roughs, maybe the occasional overzealous kitty pet. This gives them peace to live their lives but it also leaves them vulnerable, when a big threat comes they will have no support from other clans. They chose to live this way, deciding that freedom was more important .

BirchClan was founded by BirchStripe who had had enough of the old clans rules. He believed them to be too strict. His parents had been of two clans, his birth forbidden. It had only caused problems, his mother being banished from her clan, only to join his fathers clan and be ostracized. BirchStripe had seen too many lives ruined by being forced to choose the clan over themselves.

When BirchStripe was young he tried to prove himself becoming the best fighter, the best hunter, he memorized all the herbs to help the medicine cat, he tried everything. However it was never enough, the other cats only saw him as an interloper, allowed to live but never trusted. After his mothers death and nobody besides his father, who passed soon after, and himself seeming to care, BirchStripe had enough.

He used the monthly clan meetings to gather info, who was unhappy, who was forced to make a choice they should never have had to. He started spreading ideas. What if it wasn't forbidden to to love a cat from another clan, what if your clan leaders' word was not law? BirchStripe started secret meetings with the other clan cats, during the full moon meetings, at the borders, it was a game of telephone but eventually they had a solid group and set their plan into motion

BirchStripe decided the perfect time to leave was the night of the full moon, while all the clans had gathered for their meeting. Under the full moon, BirchStripe announced they were leaving, he didn't know where they would end up but he had hope for a better life. After his announcement he turned tail and led his ragtag group of clan cats out of the old territories, meows of surprise and protests following them.

BirchStripe knew he had to step up and be the leader these cats needed, he was the one who had uprooted their lives after all. He needed to do everything in his power to make sure these cats had the best life possible. On the journey BirchStripe was restless, he was unsure if this was the right decision. Leaving everything they had known behind? Until one night, three days into the journey, when all the cats were growing weary, he was visited in his dreams by a group of cats. He only recognized two, his parents. Seeing his mother and father together and happy filled BirchStripe with a renewed sense of strength. They gave him a message, that StarClan had chosen to shun the cats that left, and would never allow them to enter into StarClan upon their passing. But there were some in StarClan that had chosen to leave as well, BirchStripes decision to leave the old clans had given these cats the courage to leave, and form a StarClan of their own, now called CelestialClan. Because they are still by the stars.

BirchStrips parents told him they were so proud of him, that he grew up to be an amazing leader, and they would be proud to give him his nine lives, but BirchStripe wanted to wait, he wanted this new clan to ask him to be their leader. His parents were supportive of this decision and told him if he followed the river for another three days he would find a natural quarry surrounded by a birch grove. There he should settle the clan and start his new life.

Bolstered by CelestialClans support, and news of the perfect territory within their grasp, the new clan marched forward. And as foretold, on the third day of following the river they came upon a small natural quarry, surrounded by a large birch grove. As the cats settled in, resting from the journey, BirchStripe made the rounds, making sure everyone was taken care of.

That night as the cats were choosing their nests, a murmur went through the crowd of cats, one brave one stepped forward and asked, “BirchStripe Will you be our leader? You have led us to new lands, given us freedom we never thought possible, we all think you would be the best leader our clan could ask for.” BirchStripe was thrilled, his choice to leave the old clans had been the correct decision. He hoped that his parents would visit him that night to gift him his nine lives.

Quest Number: QUEST #2
Response:SpiderStar & Kazoo

Quest Number:QUEST #3
Response: [wc: 252]
Kazoo is bad at knowing different herbs. When he was first invited into the clan he took an interest in the medicine cat's den. All the different plants that could cure all types of illnesses! Kazoo was amazed, his twolegs just used to make him swallow something hard and gross, until he felt better. When he was out training and hunting he would keep an eye out for herbs, sometimes bringing back mouthfuls of leaves, or a flower or two. For the most part this was no problem, the plants he brought back were never harmful but they weren't herbs. Until one day Kazoo was out roaming the territory alone, just trying to familiarize himself with the borders and landmarks. He was in the marshland along the lake when he came across a plant with small white flowers in dome shaped clusters, it had tall stalks and serrated green leaves. Kazoo thought this was such a cool plant! He was sure the medicine Cat would love this herb, he wasn't sure what it did but it was so distinctive it had to do something. But just as he was entering the camp he heard the medicine cat yowling from the entrance to their den “Kazoo if you don’t put that plant back where it came from CelestialClan help me.” Kazoo knowing this time his weak knowledge of herbs could be putting his new clanmates in danger, decided that would be the last time he would try to help out the medicine cat.
Last edited by Macabre. on Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:23 am

Username: Hazelfang
Clan: Kin of the Vixen

Quest Number: 3
Response:

The young torbie let out a sigh, her body draped along the warm, heated surface of the sunning rocks. Today was her day to finally relax. The Kin had just suffered a pretty miserable bout of a stomach-related ailment that put many of the servus out of work along with the other Kin who were sick. Young Puddleswirl, Stagstride, Frogleap, and Finchsong were the only servus who avoided catching it. However, out of those, Finchsong is still rather inexperienced being a very young servus in training and Frogleap specializes in mediation. Thus, leaving Stagstride and Puddleswirl to handle the more medicinal aspect of things. She wouldn't say Stagstride wasn't helpful during, especially as he was her individual mentor. Yet, she couldn't quite say he was totally... "present" the entire time. Many days, Puddleswirl would find herself totally alone in the servus den, treating up to ten nauseous cats. It was an incredibly stressful endeavor that left the torbie she-cat wiped out. Now that it was finally over, her sister Pondmoss and Doeflower insisted she take some time to unwind. So here she is now, resting beneath the sun's tender gaze.

Just as her eyes began to flutter close, a shy, squeaky voice spoke from nearby, "Um, excuse me, Puddleswirl?" That sounds like little Moth kit... "I am s-sorry to interrupt you."

Puddleswirl slowly opened her eyes, meeting the gaze of the small lilac tabby kit staring at her nervously. She let out a warm purr, comforting the worried kitten, "It's no trouble at all, what can I do to help you, little one?"

The small she-kit kneaded the ground self-consciously, her small tail dragging along the dirt. "Well, I was wondering if you could show me what herbs you used to help my Papa feel better? That way, if he ever gets sick again, I can help!" Her soft words warmed the older cat's heart.

"Of course, Moth. I'd love to show you." she brought herself up from her comfortable spot, shaking the warmth from her fur as she stepped down towards the kit. With a gentle nudge, she lead the kit back towards the camp's walls and towards the servus den. Around them, the camp was back to its normal bustling form. Stalkers were just returning, their jaws full of plump, healthy-looking prey while a pair of Ministra lay outside the nursery, their eyes training on a group of kits. The nursery has been over-flowing as of late, making the sevrus even more busy than they were before. Yet, kits were a good sign for the Kin. More kits meant a stronger family and all of these kits had promised futures. Her gaze trailed towards the small lilac kit trotting beside her. Moth and her two siblings were close to becoming softpaws, approaching their first season since birth. Moth was small than her two siblings, but had a heart of gold with a dream of becoming a servus some day. Puddleswirl had such a soft spot for the little she-kit, hoping one day that she could be her mentor.

As she looked at the kit, pondering her bright future, a sharp voice broke her thoughts, "Puddleswirl! What are you doing back here? Didn't I tell you to relax?" She folded her ears in response, guilt worming its way into her heart.

"I-uh yes, Doeflower. You did, but Moth well," she stumbled over her words, trying to explain why she was returning despite strict orders to stay away from the servus den.

"Oh, hush. I don't want to hear any excuses!" she usually friendly she-cat looked down at Moth, "And you! Where is your ministra? Don't bother Puddleswirl, she has worked too hard this past season and should be left to rest."

Moth's own ears fold back and she presses herself against her caramel torbie friend, "I-I just wanted t-to see.. well to see the h-herbs..." she murmured quietly, her paws digging into the sand sheepishly.

"It's really not a big deal, Doeflower. She just wanted to see what we used to treat Honeybug's stomach ailment. I promise it isn't work for me."

Doeflower let out an annoyed huff, her tail lashing behind her. The fawn tabby gave a stern look to Puddleswirl before her gaze softened once more, "I understand you just want to be helpful Puddleswirl, but I can't let you in there. You are supposed to be resting. And you are awfully terrible at telling cats no. I am certain if you step foot in that den, you're going to get wrapped up in helping some cat out and you'll never be able to relax."

Just as she finished speaking, an excited voice spoke from within the den, "Is Puddleswirl back? Oh, good!" A chocolate tabby galloped out of the den, her green and blue eyes glittering. "I need your help with this poultice! You see, Cloudroar has another infection on his rear paw and I think it's that weird fungal one again. I have begonia, and you know I hate begonia, so I didn't want to chew it up. And I was just thinking to myself how helpful it would be if you were here because I know you..." the cat spoke rapidly, her words twisting into one another as she spoke on without even realizing Doeflower was watching. The fawn sparble she-cat glared at her, her tail lashing harder.

"Marshlily! What did I tell you?" she eventually snapped, interrupting the younger she-cat in the middle of her rant. "Leave Puddleswirl alone, she is not working currently." Doeflower glared sternly at the younger chocolate tabby who looked at her, shocked to even see her there.

"Oh, Doeflower! Good, maybe you can help me instead?" right back at it, Puddleswirl thought to herself while shaking her head.

"I really don't mind helping," she tried to defuse the situation.

"Absolutely not! This is exactly your problem, Puddleswirl. You just can't tell anyone no and if you keep this up, you'll work yourself to death!" Doeflower growled out frustratedly. "Now, Moth! You are going to come with me and I will show you the herbs," she swung her head to face the chocolate tabby once more, "And, you. You will chew your own herbs and go back to Cloudroar right this instant." With one final look at Puddleswirl, she growls out again, "Finally, you. Leave this camp and stay out there! So help me, if I catch you back here one more time, I will send out a guardian to kit-sit you. Am I understood?"

"Understood, Doeflower," she folds her ears back dejectedly, shooting Moth a sympathetic look before trudging her way out of the camp. I guess Doeflower really is right. I am bad at saying no...

Word Count: 1,119 words

Username: Hazelfang
Clan: Kin of the Vixen

Quest Number: 1
Response:

The final rays of the daylight sky were slowly beginning to set, casting a shadow over the land. The red and purple hue of the dusk sky provided little illumination for the five cats gathered together, but it mattered no longer. Their decision was nearly made. A decision that could spell destruction for the Kin if not handled with care.

The brown spotted tabby let out a solemn sigh, her eyes dragging away from the setting sun and back towards her trusted confidants. The four felines sat in a half-circle before her, their gazes equally somber and tinged with the hardship they now face. Trouble was brewing and lies would be there only way forward. They all knew this.

"It's almost time, Kestrelspirit," the lilac she-cat spoke first, her voice remaining still and emotionless. Yet she could hardly hide the pain in her eyes. "We cannot delay any further," she continued, her words trailing.

Another she-cat, as dark as the night sky, spoke next, "Larkblossom is right.Dovecloud and I will walk you to the border, but that is as much as we can do. Any further will arose suspicion," she turned to look at a cream and flame-colored tom then Larkblossom once more, "You two must return. Eliminate any suspicions. You know the plan." The two cats nodded in response, even the usually energetic and positive Flameleap seemed crestfallen. He was the youngest of the group, after all, this must be so much for him to process.

Kestrelspirit slowly stepped forward, rubbing her jaw gently against the young tom's jaw, "I trust my Kin with you and the others, Flameleap. I know you will do a wonderful job picking the next Magister." With tears threatening to escape his eyes, the tom lifted his head to rub against her as well.

His voice cracked as he spoke, "I will miss you so much." His face buried into the older she-cat's fur, unwilling to face any of the other cats. The brown tabby sighed softly, wrapped her tail around his body to pull him into an embrace.

"I will too," she whispered out. After a few moments remaining curled together, Flameleap slowly stepped back, his head lowered and eyes glued to the ground. The she-cat turned to look at Larkblossom who gave her a slow, yet meaningful nod. "Take care, my loyal Sybil Superior. You have served me well and I know you will continue to serve your Kin." The Sybil Superior stared back, no words came from her but the sorrow in her gaze spoke louder than any words could.

"Let us leave, Kestrelspirit," a grey tabby spoke gently, nudging her former leader away from the two mourning cats. She gave the two cats staying behind one final look before following Dovecloud and Hiddenmoon away from camp. Behind her was everything she grew to love. The Kin was her child, a creation of her own making. But it was time for those she nurtured to now care for themselves. A danger was looming over the Kin and her being there would only cause further strife. This was the best decision. It had to be.

The three she-cats carried on, walking in comfortable silence. The sun was completely hidden by now, the moon beginning its journey to the top of the moonlit sky. Butterflies began to flutter in her stomach as they traveled further and further to the border, to the end of her time as the Magister. With each step, she thought fondly of all the memories she forged with her Kin. They faced many battles, many tribulations during their creation. Many of the cats who live there now are fairly young, but they continue to carve their story in the world. She had faith that they would continue to flourish, but it still was painful knowing she couldn't be there while they did. That she would have to watch on from a distance, unable to provide words of comfort or support during their most trying times. This was the decision she made and she knew it was the best one, she just wished it wouldn't be such agony.

"We are almost there, Kestrel." the black she-cat's quiet voice broke the silence, snapping Kestrelspirit back to cruel reality. Before them was the great waterfall she had come to love and cherish. It's rushing water once brought peace to her heart, but now resembled the inevitable changing of times.

The grey tabby cat slowed to a stop next to Kestrelspirit and Hiddenmoon, "We must leave you here to continue your journey." Hiddenmoon slowly nodded in agreement, her eyes searching around the landscape unraveling before them. "You will be dearly missed, Kestrelspirit." she spoke kindly before stretching her muzzle forward to lick the fur between Kestrelspirit's ears.

The brown tabby let out a gentle purr in response, "Please take care of Finchsong and Rheagleam. They will need a mother's love of which I can no longer provide." The words stung like needles in her heart, but she felt comforted once Dovecloud nodded in response, a determined glow in her eyes.

"I promise," the grey she-cat responded. "I will love them as my own."

Kestrelspirit offered a small smile before turning to face the remaining she-cat, "Hiddenmoon... My first Kin. I have sense you grow so much and I know you would make a wonderful Magister for the Kin if not for the rules that bind your fate. Please, share your wisdom to all of your Kin even in the absence of your title."

The black she-cat stared back at her, "I will, Kestrelspirit. I will take care of everyone and I will make sure no one ever forgets you." Her yellow eyes hardened with a tenacity only known to Hiddenmoon, "I swear to you."

A cool breeze traveled through the trees, tugging the leaves free from the confines of their branches. They swirled in the air, dancing to the mellow tunes of the night forest. The brown she-cat looked up at the leaves as they twirled about, "Thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for me." Her eyes slowly closed, "I will always love you..." The leaves traveled on through the sky, journeying towards the waterfall. Their soft bodies collided with the torrent of water cascading form the mountain face, ultimately falling into the pool below. As the leaves traveled into the water, so did Kestrelspirit. She placed her paws into the frigid water but no shiver made its way through her. Rather, she found warmth in the cold. This was the start of the next chapter of her life without the Kin. Her life would continue on as theirs does, simply separated from one another. With her eyes remaining close, she plunged herself deep in the water, allowing its icy embrace to envelope her and pull her down into the depths of her new home. The Noxium Mondae awaited her. You have done well, my child. Rest now and enjoy a blissful life abundant of dreams and freedom. Your Kin will be safe, worry no longer.

✧✧✧

Half a moon had passed since the disappearance of their Magister. The Kin were in distraught. Questions circulated the camp regarding her mysterious departure, questions that none offered answers for. After sunrises and sunsets of searching for their beloved Kestrelspirit, the three Magisters and Sybil Superior decided to commune with the Spirits for an answer. Although it pained the four cats to go through such great lengths to lie to their Kin, they knew this was the best answer. They knew this would be the only way to face the dangers lurking in the dark recesses of the camp. Their leader's "death" was the only solution.

The four spent a day within the sacred cavern of the Sybil Superior while the rest of the camp remained in vigil. The Kin believed they were discussing with the Spirits their next steps. Rather, they were planning what they would say to the Kin. How they would break the news and how they would proceed forward. The cats talked long into the night until the moon was at its highest point. The cats outside of the cavern, outside the realm of their knowledge, remained silent and sorrowful within the camp. Even the nursery that was typically bustling with activity seemed somber and sedated.

Larkblossom was the first to stand, she stretched her back in a large arch and shook her legs. "Let us speak with our Kin," she spoke, hiding any emotions from her voice as she lead the three Legatus out of the den and to the center of camp. Once free from the darkness of the cavern and in visibility of their Kin, all eyes were on them. She avoided their peering gazes, attempting to hide any sense of the truth she may be harboring within her own eyes. With a graceful leap, she landed atop flowering pink tree within the center of camp. The flowers had nearly all fallen, indicating the upcoming winter that threatened to chill their bones. As she landed on the tree branch, several more flowers fluttered down, landing atop the three Legatus who sat below the tree, their eyes remaining as devoid as the Sybil Superiors.

Once upon the tree, she looked down upon her Kin. With a deep breath and her claws sinking deep into the tree branches, she began to speak. "My beloved Kin. We communed with the Spirits of Terra to learn the fate of our Magister, Kestrelspirit. A long and painful half a moon has passed since her disappearance and nothing has been found of her. Many have speculated she ran away, as we have yet to find a body." Her words caused a ripple of murmurs to spread through the onlooking cats. Heads moved closer to other heads as they shared whispers of their own theories, yet she continued on. "Yet, those were mere speculation. Tonight I have learned the truth from the Spirits themselves. A truth that brings me much sorrow to share with you tonight. A truth that haunted many of our dreams." Her eyes closed tightly as she braced for the words she would speak next, "The Spirits showed us this truth. Our Magister, Kestrelspirit, is dead."

Cries of outrage and agony rang out across the camp, piercing the night sky. Symphonies of wailing, moans of despair, and breathless weeping expelled from the broken hearts of their Kin. The she-cat atop the tree watched in misery, knowing she was unable to provide them any comfort. They were to mourn and she were to watch. As was their fate. And mourn they did, for what felt like hours into the night they mourned. As the sorrowful wails continued on, a voice spoke from amongst the crowd, "What are we to do next?"

"We have no leader!" a second voice cried out, their voice shaking in terror.

"Are we to return as rogues?" a third one coming from a cat with eyes bulging in fear.

Hiddenmoon stepped forward from her place beneath the tree, a hiss growing from her throat, "We will never return to being rogues! We are the Kin and will forever be with or without Kestrelspirit.

The lilac she-cat atop the tree blinked down gratefully at her friend before stepping towards the edge of the branch, "Hiddenmoon speaks the truth. We must carry on, it is what Kestrelspirit would want for us. As such, we must begin the process of finding our next Magister. We are aware no cat will ever be able to fill the void Kestrelspirit's love has left in our heart, but we cannot lose what she fought so hard to create." Another deep breath, "We will rest tonight and tomorrow, a new day will come. This new day will be the start of a new beginning. With the help of myself, the three Legatus, and the Spirits, we will carry on. The Renatus Ceremony will begin."

Word Count: 1,991 words
Last edited by Hazelfang on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:59 am

QUEST #1
The heavy rain was like a thickness that spread across their territory, pounding down on those in mourning. And with heavy rain and heavy hearts, the Warriors of EchoClan laid their fallen leader to rest, While the medicine cats looked to the sky for answers. Why now? Everything was going so well and then suddenly…it was not.

“What happens now?” Tansy choked out, trying her best to hold it together in front of the others.

“What do we tell ThistleClaw?” Fennel sunk her head down, tears pouring from her eyes. This was the first loss she had ever experienced, and it was tough to not feel somewhat at fault.

“The truth, Fen, we tell her the truth.”

- -

With the death of their leader, not long after ThistleClaw took over the duties, as Deputy it was their job after all. And not long after that did ThistleClaw name a new Deputy, a small yet capable fresh face, Crouton. One of the beloved children from Cauliflower and Tansy.
It was a choice that was easy to make, she knew that Crouton and her would be able to provide the clan with some much needed change. Together they would lead the clan towards a brighter future….atleast that was what she thought…..things don’t always work out that way however.

Many cats did not agree that Thistleclaw was fit to lead. There were talks here and there of a coup, those in it believed that Thistleclaw was old and her ways the same. They did not think she would be able to provide for them what they needed.
It was then that a choice was made.
Bluesong, FallenLeaves and an outsider by the name of Feloren set a trap to confront Thistleclaw and fight for the leadership. However something happened the day they led her into the trap, and EchoClan was attacked by another clan who caught wind of their leader falling in battle. They were weak and the other clans knew that and decided to strike.

And while the trap was set and ThistleClaw was being confronted, others back in the clan were fighting for their lives. And in a desperate attempt to escape, not wanting to entertain the three who captured her, ThistleClaw struck Fallenleaves, injuring the tom cat. On her way back to the clan she was ambushed, unknowing that something was wrong. She was off her game, caught off guard and she suffered the consequences.
While Bluesong, FallenLeaves and Feloren had not intended ThistleClaw to die…..their choices inadvertently led to her death, and they would have some explaining to do……

QUEST #2

QUEST #3

Viola was one tough cookie. Being the eldest Guide for the forbidden woods she had to be. And while there were many things she was good at there was one thing she was absolutely terrible at. She could never admit when she was wrong.

- - -

"Viola we are lost! I thought you said you knew where we were going?" A frustrated, puffy Fawn she-cat would groan out, her furr a mess of tangles of branches and leaves.

"We aren't lost princess! I know where we are...its just uh...a little more this way. C'mon" Viola had a puzzled look on her face as she glanced around the forest, not a single glowing mushroom in sight to lead them back to the path. They were definetely lost.

"I swear if I end up in another bush...." Elena grumbled, haing no choice but to follow after Viola.
They were led only further into the forest, the darkness now consuming them even more as the continued to go the wrong way.

"Viola..we should go back, I don't think this is the right way..." Elena would sound a little concerned, her grumpy attitude diminishing as the whispers and rustling of leaves grew ever present.

There was something stalking them in the darkness.

"Viola.....lets go back now. Please. Right now" She grew frantic, rushing up beside the other she-cat who was blissfully unaware of the desperation in her voice.

"Stop! I told you to trust me, Princess! I'm sure its just a little more...this way."

"Viola! stop being so stubborn and stop to listen to me!" She would start, her voice raising a bit as she got irrritated.
"Let's go back where we came and think about this!" A snap of a twig, followed by a low grumble made the both of them snap their heads towards the opening they had just come from.

There, amongst the darkness stood a shadowy fox figure, its eyes glowing a fierce white as it prepared to lunge at the two of them.
"Elena....run" Viola shouted, letting her get a head start in getting away.
Elena did not hesistate, as she began sprinting the fox- like figure tried to lunge after her but Viola was too quick.
She rammed her whole body into the side of the beast, her dog companion backing her up as he growled at the fox, in a perfect standoff.
Viola composed herself and began running after Elena, knowing their best shot of getting away was to let her companion take care of it. She just hoped he would be alright.

Viola darted through the woods quickly, getting scrapped by brancches and bushes as she tore her way through, trying to catch up to Elena. She couldn't help but worry that something might have happened...and if it did it would have been all her fault. Why did she have to be stubborn? Why couldn't she just admit that she was wrong......
Last edited by Thani on Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightshyne » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:40 pm

marking!!

Username: nightshyne
Clan: cinder's abyss

Quest Number:
Response:
Word Count: (If applicable)

QUEST #1
Draw or write about a questionable choice your clan has had to make in the past.
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.
casting out the flame-touched

QUEST #2
Draw about two cats who are on complete opposite spectrums and how their relationship is-- maybe one friendly and one cold cat, or the fastest vs slowest cat?
You may only draw your response to this prompt.
apollo and grave, if approved in time

QUEST #3
Write about something one of your cats is really bad at.
You may only write your response to this prompt.
thunder is Too Nice tm
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:00 pm

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Clan: Enurian

Quest Number: 1.
Response:
    "We have to go through."

Ignoring Dogrunner's antics was something that fell naturally to Marshmurmur after a lifetime of managing their four siblings.

"We're not going through."

"I'm serious, Marshmurmur."

"I am too—seriously, c'mon. Can we please just talk?"

His hand wrapped around the tool they were using. It was getting harder and harder to ignore him. It wasn't that he was being persuading or making arguments Marshmurmur might have considered, he was just becoming more and more obnoxious about the whole affair.

"Fine." Their whiskers curled in displeasure as they turned to face him. Ready to be the bad guy in his life and tell him no, he couldn't use her ship to go sailing into the one thing that, historically, always killed ferraen. Except—

—except Sunscale and Pipskip were there too.

And they looked serious.

"Dogrunner's right." Sunscale said first, and despite loving all of their siblings dearly, Marshmurmur was strongly considering violence. "Something's out there. We have to be the ones to discover it."

"May To Stand in Awe grant your tongue the wonder you'll need to convince me."

"The one who came back said there had been wonders no one's ever seen—"

"Anyone can claim that."

"—and they brought back proof."

Marshmurmur paused, whiskers slowly straightening as their gaze flitted across the crowd of siblings before them. Besides them their beloved ship bobbed gently on the warm red waves, hull glimmering an unnatural hue in the daylight. Their ship—the only thing their siblings had eyes for here.

They weren't going to win this one.

They could still try.

"...Show me the proof." They said, and when Sunscale opened her mouth again their gaze turned icy and their tail lashed behind them. "You three bring the 'one who came back' and their 'proof' to me."

"And then you'll let us borrow your ship?" Dogrunner perked up, and Marshmurmur scoffed.

"Absolutely not. I will sail us over the event horizon. If it's even possible."

It was like they didn't even hear that last part. Their three siblings darted off, and Marshmurmur breathed a sigh of relief and went back to inspecting the hull of their ship.

Their siblings were going to be the death of them.

"And this is?"

Marshmurmur peered tiredly at the half blind ferraen trembling in the dark. Their stomach rumbled and they were quickly growing exasperated with their siblings' shenanigans—especially when it involved dragging them out of bed before the sun had even risen.

"She's the one who came back!" Dogrunner barked, before the ferraen in question could even say anything herself. "See? We promised."

Immediately Marshmurmur whirled on her, and the ferraen flinched. "Show me."

The ferraen hesitated for one long moment, then nodded sharply, reaching into the pouch she carried and withdrawing something bleached white that seemed to almost glow in the near darkness of the early morning.

She cupped it in her hands delicately and Marshmurmur drew close, squinting and tilting their head as they puzzled over it.

It was a ferraen skull.

No, wait—

It wasn't.

These bones did not have the same reddish tint that all proper bones did. It was as if a ferraen skull had been warped near beyond recognition, turned an unnatural white that blasphemed against the sea and sand. And where the creature's forehead would have once likely been swirled an uncanny shape, a tangible and horrible brightness that warped and curled and seemed to whisper—

"I wouldn't touch it."

Marshmurmur was jolted back into their body and they withdrew their hand, stepping back slightly.

Without speaking, the ferraen raised a hand, displaying their thumb now smeared with that same dark sunlight.

"This isn't from here." Marshmurmur stated the obvious, just to verify.

The ferraen dipped her head.

"See!" And Dogrunner ruined the somber mood instantly. "See, Marshmurmur, I promised I was telling the truth! Now we gotta—"

"We have to supply first." Marshmurmur interrupted him, without tearing their eyes from the ferraen.

"And then?"

"What's your name?" They addressed the ferraen instead, who jumped as she was putting the skull away, glancing back up at Marshmurmur.

"...Keystone."

"Keystone. Can I convince you to join our crew?"

She startled.

"We'll need a guide."

Their siblings erupted in a cheer, and they grimaced.

"You know, I'm surprised you agreed. I didn't think we would ever wear you down."

"Oh, you didn't."

Sunscale tilted her head.

Marshmurmur didn't pay her much mind. Down below, hidden in a nook and cranny of the deck, Keystone and Pipskip hid in momentary solidarity from Dogrunner's prancing and endless babbling. Their vessel cut sharp through the icy waters and in the near distance, closer to them than everything they had ever known, shone the perfect empty light of the event horizon.

"I still think we're going to be absolutely obliterated from existence. I would just rather die with you all than live by myself for the rest of my life."

The only sound was the ocean against the carapace of their ship.

"Calamityrain. You'd still have her."

Marshmurmur scoffed.

"...Yeah." Sunscale paused for a moment, and then continued on, voice quiet against the roaring of the wind against their backs. "...Thanks. Though. For everything."

Marshmurmur nodded once. Sharply. The air was growing tense and thick and the wind near painful against their fur, pulling their ship along faster than they had planned, and needlepoint panic sunk into their fur. Before them the event horizon's limitless maw gaped wide and they could hardly hear anything through that awful static.

The rest of their crew stopped, and slowly turned towards the beast.

Marshmurmur hardly had time to brace and then—

—and then it swallowed them whole.

and the song stretched onwards infinitely
    and there was no border between night and day
    only dawn, that perfect pitch nothingness that lies between
    curling and spinning and endlessly whirling
    resting eternally.

no longer falling towards entropy.

and there is no border between self and the other
    nothing to separate
    everything to entwine

and there is a discordant note somewhere in the melod
    y

a piece of the song that does not yet be
    long

you can hear it fast approac

W H A T

H A P P E N E D

T

O

They flinch at the warmth that hits their face and open one eye, and then the other, reeling and dizzy at the dream that even now is fading from their memory, leaving only the impression of a song behind.

And before their ship stretches an unfamiliar ocean—

An unfamiliar world.
Word Count: 1,088 words.

Quest Number: 2.
Response: Image

Quest Number: 3.
Response:
    Paintedskull is abysmally bad at socializing, despite being born after the Changing of Days, where most ferraen became slightly more inclined to work in communities rather than in their own self-interests. This partially because he was born with the ability to see the ghosts of ferraen, something that's incredibly distracting and difficult to ignore and something that makes him more than a little offputting.

Word Count: 64 words.
Last edited by Archaeopteryx. on Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:59 am

Username: canadianhowl
Clan: galactic skies

Quest Number: 1
Response:
Birdspirit listened in from a distance. The leader and deputy were talking. He knew the old leader was getting ready to retire as he was getting too old and weak to continue. A sickness was waking up and destroying him from the inside out. The current deputy would need to appoint someone new and they were talking about who would be a good fit. Multiple times they brought up some obvious contenders. Forestheart was a wise cat. He had trained multiple apprentices and each one were some of the best in the clan. He was kind and honest and spoke in such a way that anyone was relaxed by his presence. He’d be excellent at restoring harmony during rough times. Frogmoss was also always a pleasure to have around. Mentored two apprentices and she was very organized and great with time management. The clan would be strategic under her rule. Bearhaze was also a good choice. He was a guard. He was bulky and strong and knew many fighting techniques. The clan would benefit greatly with offense and possibly defense too with his rule. Even with his rough attitude he cared deeply for the future of the clan. Finally, the two had noticed the effort Longanfrost was putting in. While having mentored a single cat, he was wise and the most loyal cat anyone had seen. His apprentice Pidgeonpatch was a fine guard like he was. The two cats were confused… until snapped out of the they glanced up upon hearing footsteps. Birdspirit decided to intervene. While they all were good options, he had another cat in mind. One not usually many would think about but he had a feeling they’d be great.

“May I suggest Ramtail? While not having an apprentice yet I have seen him helping out numerous times with other apprentices. He struggled at first I know with training but he is a wise and friendly cat. He knows how to listen and can be a great mediator when he needs to be. I know he’s not strong or fast or any skill being the best of the best but he has the personality that would give us a good name.”

The two cats blinked before they glanced at each other. He did bring up a good point. Ramtail wasn’t the best out there option but when you thought about it more, he did have the skills. The leader looked back over. He only nodded. He’d consider this.

And when he died… the previous deputy now new leader slowly climbed up the tree and sat on a branch. Throat cleared and began to speak… “I've thought for a long time about this. We have many cats here who would be a great deputy but I have settled on one that I wouldn’t have thought about until I was given a reason. I'd like to have our new deputy be- Ramtail.”
Word Count: 483

Quest Number: 2
Response: WIP

Quest Number: 3
Response: WIP
Word Count: (If applicable)
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Embergleam » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:39 pm

Username: Embergleam
Clan: In The Wake Of Giants

Response:
In which Ivytwist and Owlflight agonize over leaving their birth clan.
"You sure about this, 'Twist?"

"Never been less sure of anything in my life."

"Good. 'Cos I'm..."

Owlflight looked away, shame coiling in his belly. He and Ivytwist had been planning their exodus from Ridgeclan for moons now. They'd talked every detail to death nine times over. Every possibility had been explored, every variable accounted for. Supplies had been gathered. Likely paths had been plotted. Farewells had been said all around, right down to the bumbling kits Owlflight occasionally looked after. All that remained was to actually execute their cunning plan and leap into the unknown.

So why now, of all times, was he suddenly getting a case of late-onset cold paws?

"Getting scared?"

Coming from anyone else the question might've felt like mockery. From Ivytwist, though, it was anything but. The question was warm and wry and just a little bit sheepish- a tacit admission that she understood exactly what he was feeling. It eased the knot of tension trying very hard to tie his insides in knots.

"Yeah, something like that."

"Oh, 'Flight." Ivytwist rose and padded over to join her brother, bunting her forehead affectionately against his. "I'm not gonna sit here and tell you 'don't be scared.' That's just stupid. Truth is, I'm pretty scared too. This is a big decision we're making, and there's always the risk that it's gonna come back to bite us. But y'know what?"

"What?"

Ivytwist shouldered against him, for all the world as if they were kits in the nursery all over again. Owlflight pushed back on instinct. A brief shoving match ensued, leaving both winded and laughing when they were through.

"But that's okay," Ivytwist finished, giving her brother a last fond bap on the nose. "Because we aren't gonna know if we don't try. If we fail? Then we come back home, lick our wounds, and try again. Mom and dad and the littles aren't going anywhere. Neither are Shimmerstar or Goldberry or any of the other cats who love us. They aren't gonna stop caring about us just because we tried and failed. In fact, they're gonna love us even more for trying.

"Besides- what happens if we succeed?"

Both of them fell silent for a moment, considering this possibility for perhaps the first time. Owlflight, at the very least, had gotten so wrapped up in the what-ifs of failure he'd barely spared a thought for success. If they succeeded... well, they'd find the adventure they'd always longed for. They'd see the world outside Ridgeclan's borders, more vast and varied than they'd ever dreamed. They'd find a place to belong- or perhaps make their own, a place for dreamers and wanderers just like them. It wouldn't be easy, but then, 'easy' had never been the point of this little venture.

"...well, when you phrase it like that." Owlflight rose, gathered the little bundle of herbs Goldberry had prepared for him, and drew a deep breath. "Guess it's not really much of a choice, is it?"

"The biggest one we'll ever make, and no choice at all," Ivytwist agreed. Together they turned towards the trail they led out of the hollow the clan called home. One last deep breath, a silent acknowledgment that a Rubicon was being crossed, and then-

Then they both took the first step out of one life and into another.

(557 words!)

---

Quest Number: #3
Response:
A twofer: Nighteyes is bad at taking a hint, and Fogwatch is bad at people.

The white cat with the strange eyes was back again.

"Why are you doing that?"

Nighteyes, they'd called themself. A fairly fitting name for a cat with eyes that could've been cut from the night sky. They were lovely, in an eerie, viscerally unsettling sort of way. They reminded Fogwatch just a little too much of his mother's tales of StarClan. The concept of dead cats watching over the living had never sat well with him-

"Hellooooo?"

-nor did this particular cat.

One dainty white paw inched towards Fogwatch's tail. He watched it for a moment, eyes narrowed in distaste, and hoped against hope that Nighteyes would take a stars-blessed hint.

They didn't, of course. They just... pawed at his tail, for all the world like a kit trying to get their parent's attention. Fogwatch just barely restrained the urge to swat at them. Instead he pointedly yanked his tail away, curled it around his paws, and continued sorting out the herbs he'd collected during the morning's patrol. Owlflight had spotted a patch of nettle yesterday but, laden down with the spoils of a successful hunt, he hadn't had the paws or the time to gather them. Fogwatch had offered to lend a paw. One trip later and he had more prickly pointy bits than he knew what to do with. Step two was to separate leaves from stems, and that was where Nighteyes had so helpfully intruded.

"Can you hear me?" Nighteyes tipped their head first to one side, then to the other, clearly not sure what to make of Fogwatch's brush-off. "It's generally white cats that are deaf, but I suppose you could be too. Your pelt is almost white-"

That questing paw returned, and this time it beelined straight for Fogwatch's neatly-organized herbs. That was a line too far, in his estimation. This time he did bap Nighteyes' paw away, punctuating the gesture with a growled, "STOP."

Those strange, starry eyes lit up. Nighteyes wasn't daunted in the slightest by his posturing. On the contrary, they were delighted, giddy as a kit with a mouthful of dandelion puffs and every bit as obnoxious. They even did a shuffling little dance on the spot, oversized whiskers swaying in a breeze of their own making.

"So you can hear me! I was starting to think there was something wrong with you!"

Fogwatch closed his eyes and reminded himself that picking fights was frowned upon in polite society. In The Wake Of Giants wasn't polite, in the strictest sense of the phrase, but they still disapproved of overt violence. Relocating an offending paw was acceptable. Bowling someone over to prove a point was not.

That didn't make it any less tempting.

"So what are you doing? You aren't a healer like Owlflight. Plants shouldn't be your problem."

Patience, Fogwatch. Treat the strange little cat like... like one of those little black birds that show up during the springtime, the ones that liked to harass hunter-birds ten times their size. The starry-eyed cat was just like one of them: small, swift, and entirely lacking in common sense.

"These nettles were coming into season," He explained slowly, not sure how much detail would be required to sate Nighteyes' curiosity. "And Owlflight needed help gathering them."

"Why, though? Isn't that his job?" Another head tilt from Nighteyes, who clearly had no idea just how busy a healer could be.

"It is. But he's busy, and I wasn't. Besides, he's been teaching me about herbs, so... this is how I repay him."

"...huh."

For the first time since they'd arrived Nighteyes withdrew, if only by a few inches. They sat, perfectly mirroring Fogwatch's posture, and just... watched. Fogwatch watched in turn, not quite sure what to make of this sudden shift in behavior. When Nighteyes made no move to leave- or, stars save him, mess with his work again- he got back to it, carefully stripping nettle leaves from their thorny vines. Several minutes passed in a silence that felt almost companionable, then-

"Could you teach me too?"

The question was so unexpected Fogwatch nearly jabbed a thorn into his own pawpad. He shoved the offending nettle aside, hissing under his breath, and fixed Nighteyes with an openly incredulous stare.

"Me? Why not Owlflight?"

Another headtilt- why did they keep doing that?- then: "I'm already learning things from him. I want to learn from you too."

...well when you phrased it that way...

"I don't know much," Fogwatch temporized, flicking another thorn over to join a pile of its fellows. "But... don't see why not, I guess."

Nighteyes shot back to their paws with a whoop that sent birds fleeing in a hundred-yard radius. "YES! When can we start?"

Fogwatch had never regretted a decision so immediately or so completely before, but a promise was a promise.

(813 words!)
Be the nonsense you wish to see in the world.
He/him| Image | ADHD
Raven Ridge Stables
Embergleam

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:51 pm

Username: ArithMedic
Clan: Aether

Response:

"I declare you man and wife."

King Balthazar opens his eyes in a sudden awareness of being wake and rubs his head in irritation. Crown Princess Mist's recent finalization of her divorce had been discussed so much, that it made it's way into his sleep and dredged up years-old memories.

At the time, it seemed like the best idea to solidify the Princess' position by marrying her into a strong noble household. She certainly didn't complain and had even agreed on the political savvyness of it, although perhaps that was meant to be an insult instead of a compliment. After he engaged them, the father-daughter bond that had never been great began to deteriorate rapidly.

He'd thought they could at least become happy, but her philanderer of a husband did not offer even that consolation to the Princess and she left him after their triplets were 3 years old. The court proceedings had taken a few years due to the Princess' royal status, but now the Princess was no longer tied to her ex-husband.

Still, Balthazar did not regret it. The marriage provided the Crown Princess with an eligible heir of her own and she was able to gain supporters from her bold attitude that appeared during her marriage. She was no longer meek and shy, she had grown into a fitting personality for her position.

To Balthazar, it was worth her ire to secure the future of his kingdom.
Word Count: 240 words

xxx__________________________________
xxxI go by Arith for short!
xxxChristian, Autistic, ADHD, College Student
xxxArtist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
xxx__________________________________
ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crexmii » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:59 pm

Username: crexmii
    Clan: both here!

Quest Number: one
    Response: "violetstar. are you sure this is a good idea?" petalpatch mewed, azure eyes anxious as she stared up at her mate.
    the blue tortoiseshell glared back, face as hard as stone. "yes. got to get rid of them before they kill me, after all."
    petalpatch looked conflicted, then she stepped forward and spat at her leader. "are you kidding me?! violetstar, this isn't you. it was one, one cat who tried to assassinate you. and you're retaliating like this?! besides, they had the curse of the void in them, they weren't controlling their body!"

violetstar coldly stared back at the deputy, pale green eyes narrowed to slits. "you dare to disobey your leader?" she hissed, tail curling around her tail like a snake's. "i should-"

"exiling every blessed cat in our clan - innocent cats who didn't do anything to you and respect you - is not what you would do! if you're like this, how can we even be mates anymore?" petalpatch interrupted, horror in her eyes as she realised what she had just said. "i- i'm so-"

violetstar's eyes had widened too, pain and guilt in her gaze. "what- am i really...would you really..."
    she ducked her head in shame. "i'm really, really sorry. i just...i guess i got a little carried away."
    petalpatch smiled and padded over to her mate's side, wrapping her fluffy tail around violetstar. "ssh. it's alright. just, please don't try to propose your suggestion to the royal family or act on your own next time."

violetstar sighed, then broke out of their embrace. "okay, new plan. we eliminate all the voidwalkers near our clan. there's a base in one of the forest caves - we can find that place and kill as many as we can." she mewed, newfound confidence rushing through her veins.

"violetstar!" petalpatch yowled. "what did i say about making dangerous decisions?! did you even listen to me at all?!"
    violetstar turned her head to face the softclan deputy. "but i did listen. your words gave me an idea. it wasn't a blessed cat who tried to murder me. it was one who was voidtouched, cursed. which is why we eliminate the curse before it can corrupt the rest of us!"

"...alone?!" petalpatch hissed in disbelief, earning herself a cuff on the ear.
    "no, silly! i'll send a patrol of the most experienced warriors - and myself of course, and you're welcome to come if you want to. we shouldn't risk sending any royals or council members though, as the clan could be thrown into chaos if one of them gets corrupted."
    she rambled, planning as she paced rapidly around in her den.

petalpatch stared at the stone ground, then whispered in a soft voice, "but...what if you get corrupted. what then? what happens to lilacbloom, hummingflight and me? what am i going to do if it gets you, vi?!" she sobbed, shaking her friend by the shoulders. violetstar fell silent.

"it's alright. trust me, i won't die, or get corrupted! now come on and help me plan!"
    petalpatch sighed and followed slowly behind as violetstar ran in the direction of the council members' caves.

———

when the announcement was made, there were skeptical and worried murmurs everywhere. fortunately, alongside the selected cats, a few brave souls volunteered to be a part of the patrol.

and now...the twelve felines were nearing the cave, creeping slowly through the bushes. they all smelled of wild garlic, which meant the scent-hiding trick was working. no voidlurkers had emerged yet.
    an inky black tail poked out of the cave, followed by a creature of umbra, in the shape of a feline, pure white eyes glowing eerily. no doubt they were normal once, but now they had fallen victim to the corruption. everywhere it walked, the grass died, slowly turning black and brown.

now was their chance. they could ambush it. as violetstar gestured with her tail to follow.
    as she pounced, the cave came to life, seemingly endless pairs of white eyes glaring out.
    then the rest of the voidlurkers burst out of the cave.

and the softclan cats leaped out of the bushes, to either life or death.
    now that the final decision had been made, their individual fates were in moira's paws now.

Word Count: [ # 706 words ]

Quest Number: two
    Response: Image
    Word Count: n/a

Quest Number: three
    Response: it's all your fault. the words buzzed in her mind, forever taunting her.
    the memory was sharp and still fresh, clear as spring water in her head.

if only adelaide weren't so useless.
    all she was good at was looking good and dignified.
    she had little to no experience in fighting.

which was why being a royal felt like being a burden.
    watching her clanmates risk their very lives for her, protecting her when she was useless in battle...it was so painful.
    she'd seen too many of her clanmates die taking death blows for her or getting corrupted instead.
    after all, they had to protect their princess.

adelaide was no good at combat. which was why she would give anything to learn.

yet...she can't. because they all refuse, they all say it's too dangerous for her.
    she wonders if, once they're dead, whether they are proud that they saved her...or full of regret that they took the blow for her.

the fresh scent of blood was all around her in the clan.
    just earlier, coalstep had died when their search patrol had accidentally stumbled upon a whole den of those wretched creatures.
    the corrupted beasts were aiming for her jugular - and then coalstep was in front of her, knocking her away. there was blood, and death, and poor coalstep had definitely not made it.

she was no good at healing either, so she couldn't save her clanmates when they hurt themselves, sacrificed themselves for her.
    adelaide wishes she could fight well.
    though the others wouldn't admit it, always praising her for her beauty, how refined she was...
    she was a failure in the warrior department.

if only she hadn't been born a princess.
    Word Count: [ # 286 words ]
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me