Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: •FEATHERVALS•

Postby EpicratesPictus » Thu May 06, 2021 4:18 am

So, what’s the distinction between common songbirds and black birds? Asking as I’m considering making a Sturnidae (commonly referred to as starlings or mynas) one, which are taxonomically songbirds, but are some are visually black most of the year.
EpicratesPictus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu May 06, 2021 5:25 am

Will a Discord server be made for feathervals in the future? ouo

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vicorish » Fri May 07, 2021 7:38 am

Irrylath wrote:So, what’s the distinction between common songbirds and black birds? Asking as I’m considering making a Sturnidae (commonly referred to as starlings or mynas) one, which are taxonomically songbirds, but are some are visually black most of the year.

• Oh this was miscommunication on my part - by uncommon "black birds" I actually just meant crows & ravens. Updated that now!
Actual blackbirds and Sturdinae are considered songbirds and common, so you can totally go ahead with that! •

Kitten-Girl-500 wrote:Will a Discord server be made for feathervals in the future? ouo

• Good idea... I don't keep up with big servers toooooo well, but it might be the best solution for easy communication/collaboration/development at least! I will work on one now :)
vicorish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⬤FEATHERVALS⬤

Postby Chanceuxcat » Fri May 07, 2021 8:17 am

Love all the work you've been doing with the flocks! They look so unique and awesome, I can't wait to develop my Feathervals now using some traits from their flocks! :3
╔══════════════╗
she/they
university student
atheist

╚══════════════╝
Currently very anxious and trying to pass my classes so responses/activity may be delayed. Apologies, I'm really going through it and I'm trying my best
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Fri May 07, 2021 8:28 am

Agreeing with Chance, the flock development is so neat thus far! Really looking forward to seeing more cultural differences between them too c:

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EpicratesPictus » Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 am

Back with another question, does any extant fox fall under common? Also, what would a bay cat be in terms of rarity?
EpicratesPictus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vicorish » Fri May 07, 2021 10:44 am

♥ Thank you guys! Looking forward to developing more and hearing your ideas soon :)
Irrylath wrote:Back with another question, does any extant fox fall under common? Also, what would a bay cat be in terms of rarity?

Yes - any extant fox (as long as its typical colouring/not melanistic/albino) is considered common, as is the bay cat.
I'm rearranging the DNA rarities so that ALL natural/wild cat DNAs are now considered common (since feathervals were a cat+fox-based species to begin with, and I want a lot of common-level variety to go around.)
Uncommons are now pedigree/bred-only cats, and other "cat"/"fox"-ish mammals.
And then Rares are more outlandish or bolder non-cat patterns.
Thanks for bringing all these up, I like being able to clarify and add more specific species to the rarity list!
vicorish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jaybirdsdelight » Sat May 08, 2021 2:57 am

I have a quick question! I'm planning on making another featherval to be friends with my existing one but would a Japanese waxwing be a common or uncommon songbird? Also would a tanuki be the same rarity as a racoon or would it be rarer? Thank you for your help and I hope you have a wonderful day!! ^^
jaybirdsdelight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vicorish » Sat May 08, 2021 7:23 am

jaybirdsdelight wrote:I have a quick question! I'm planning on making another featherval to be friends with my existing one but would a Japanese waxwing be a common or uncommon songbird? Also would a tanuki be the same rarity as a racoon or would it be rarer? Thank you for your help and I hope you have a wonderful day!! ^^

Heyo :> waxwings will be considered common! And yes, tanukis will be uncommon with raccoons :)
Thanks for asking!
vicorish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vicorish » Sat May 08, 2021 12:12 pm

⬤UPDATES⬤
New staff has been added! I will slowly be adding more, so please be patient if you are already on my list of interested people :)
• A Discord is also in development, and will be opened to staff first to organize things! •

1) CURRENTLY WORKING ON...
• I am currently working on the Monarch ref sheets. Once I am done with all 6 I will be assigning them to staff/people up to the responsibility. •

2) PLANS - Bestiary Update
• Next, I'm looking into removing the Bestiary from the master post. •
EDIT: There will be a separate Featherval Bestiary Thread, organized by flock by a capable archivist. •
• I will still be approving MYO Feathervals, and then linking the approved designs to the archivist to be added. •
• Each Monarch will consult the Bestiary thread to see who is joining their flock (and others'!) They can put out announcements requesting more MYO feathervals to join if their ranks are thin, or request specific skills like 'good at fighting', 'aquatic', etc.
• Approved feathervals can apply directly to the Monarch for an Alpha/important position in the Flock, and will then be listed on that Flock's thread. •

3) PLANS - Featherval Nesting (nursery)
• People will be able to request breedings from available nursery artists (I am going to start with just one - our captain dude!) They can pay for slightly more custom results, or can be randomized/up to the artist. They will receive a litter of 1-3 fledgelings (toddler/child age.) •
• After a certain amount of time, they can request a growth from an available growth artist. •
• Depending on which flock they are born into, there is a different coming-of-age challenge fledgelings must endure to earn into their spot in the flock (still in development.) This must be submitted as part of the growth request, as it may help determine what role in the flock they will take as adults RP-wise. It can be written by the owner of the fledgeling, or commissioned to one of the very talented staff writers. •

♥ that's all for now, take care ♥
vicorish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me