Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Jellybean Dragon Adopts 2 (CLOSED)

Postby shrimpdog » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:02 am

Wyrd wrote:[list]
I do respect your decision, but just like with how I feel about American government, I don't necessarily agree with everything within it.
I'm not staff, so I don't know all the details naturally, but having been an active and involved member {just check my ask} of the community for the past year or so, and I do have a good {yet still reserved} view of what's been going on. And with the latest event, everyone knows everything, which is a bit much {like someone getting that journal you wrote when you were in sixth grade, it's too much information to be given to everyone even though it was meant to clear the air and remove doubts}.

Hiccup wrote:I recently heard about this huge mess involving certain people and "illegal" jbds. I remember I told certain users they could rp illegal beans just for fun, as long as they didn't make it public and kept it to themselves. I know it's not really fair, but I told them it was ok, so stop being so harsh about it. I don't mean to sound awful right now, but staff, come on, aren't you taking things too far? Let them keep their beans, geez. It's not like they're breaking the law.

Coming from a user who wasn't involved and was immediately {mostly} infuriated with the way the situation was handled, I'm again slightly confused with this. While how the staff went about with the bannings was wrong in itself, they still went against the rules you created for the species and for its members, so the bannings themselves are justified. Playing favorites or keeping information is what got us into a mess in the first shut-down back a few months ago, and playing favorites in a situation like this is very likely to lead to another mess, even with the species closed down.

On a first note everyone does in fact not know everything on this situation, the violation in privacy by posting the ban publicly was not the only thing that set things off. It was false accusations and titles set without any of the "stiff" proof they would honestly need. A conversation between two friends late at night is not strong proof, while some things are true, far more have been assumed. Not only that but the other party of the conversation misread some of the things they had reported and had things added to this title that had never even happened at all.

In regards to this situation, almost all of the rules, if looked at closely, were not broken. The rules set up as broken were all in application to existing jbds, the only rule valid would have been "don't steal". But, is it really theft if the owner of both the lines and species knows and doesn't mind? No existing jbds were taken into or used in the IR, rendering the other rules invalid. Even if a rule was broken by creating an illegal, that was known and not minded by the one who created all of jbds years ago, therefor it was not even the "theft" of lines in which they have been banned for.
shrimpdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby garnet. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:02 am

I think an open species with a limit could be a good idea {short but my opinion}
Image Image Image
ImageImage
garnet.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:04 am

I like the open specie idea nvn it gives more people able to get JBDS, but with a limit of how many you can make uvu Plus like a limit to one with major edits, and limit to one with minor edits c: ( miner would be like hair )
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toyhouse bsktcase ✦ Discord bsktcase#0423
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels
Lunar Blossom Kennels
The Nexus Colony
The Pumet Region
The Veiled Jade
Umberfall
Tribe of the Bogland
Logclan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the name is bskt
my pronouns are she/her
i'm pansexual and demiromantic
full time sterile processing technician

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fahrenheit » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:05 am

The open species idea is a good thing to me, and not to me only! Those who are unhappy with it don"t have to make one, hm?
They have their beans to love. And this would give all of us a chance to own a bean if they haven't win one yet.
I'd only make one bean because having many characters can be very confusing.
Image Art by me Rinzy <3333 (I love youuuu)
[center]Image
Fahrenheit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mitsurugi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:14 am

Fahrenheit wrote:The open species idea is a good thing to me, and not to me only! Those who are unhappy with it don"t have to make one, hm?
They have their beans to love. And this would give all of us a chance to own a bean if they haven't win one yet.
I'd only make one bean because having many characters can be very confusing.

I agree with you, i havent owned a bean for at least 2 years now and i would love to own one. the idea for making this an open species is great!
    ────── 異 議 あり ! ──────────────────
    mitsu • he/him • leo | carrd
    [ istp 5w4 - slytherin - chaotic neutral ]

─────────────────── 待 っ た ! ──────
mitsurugi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby greeenspice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:17 am

Hiccup, I respect your decision 100%.
Shoot me for saying this, but I thought it was high time you closed this. Step up for your species, your hard work. Good for you Hic! And since some (not all) of the staff abused their power, it's really good to see you stepping in and doing what's right.
Also, though I wasn't part of the IR, I think it's wonderful you're letting people keep their beans. Everyone makes mistakes, right?
This is just my opinion, but I think that JBDs should /not/ be an open species. It would get way out of hand and it's just not fair to people who've worked hard for their beans. Sorry I had to say that.
It's been a good year with this community, but all good things come to an end. It was fun while it lasted. I guess I'm just really thankful that I got four beans before all this commotion in the community happened.
Edit: as for the nursery stuff, you know, I don't really mind if it's closed. No, I haven't bred any of my beans yet. Yes, I would love for my beans to have children. But to avoid all the drama, I can live with no bean babies. Honestly, pixels shouldn't be affecting real life all that much anyways.
Last edited by greeenspice on Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
my new baby bean Ansel omgggggg viewtopic.php?f=53&t=2440380
vvv art by the amazing starfin // i ship pepsi so hard omg

<3 art by starfin
greeenspice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:19 am

If beans were made an open species, I think it'd be good if each person could make themselves a certain amount of beans, then make others as many beans as they want, all which have to be approved before getting posted. And since maby staffs quit, there could be new staff to approve the beans

this way rules are followed and no ugly beans are made!
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fahrenheit » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:20 am

Sunset Morning wrote:If beans were made an open species, I think it'd be good if each person could make themselves a certain amount of beans, then make others as many beans as they want, all which have to be approved before getting posted. And since maby staffs quit, there could be new staff to approve the beans

this way rules are followed and no ugly beans are made!

Yeah!!! My point
Image Art by me Rinzy <3333 (I love youuuu)
[center]Image
Fahrenheit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SplashofOrangeJuice » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:22 am

Can I say a few words..?

Hiccup, I respect you, and I respect your decision. Closing the species is a hard decision, but I believe it's time. These adoptions and the community has changed /so/ much since the beginning, for better or for worse. Despite all that though, the community I adored and fell in love with here just isn't the same. We grew so huge so quickly, rules became more strict, and members changed their attitudes. For my journey here, its sad to see these guys close, but I can handle it as what it is because I feel so distant anymore, anyway.

On the topic of distance, even though I'm (was?) a "staff member" I don't feel any more important than the rest. I went on a hiatus from the species early this year, and I didn't get the chance to reconnect as the time I was doing so, shut down began. Since then I've been sort of kept in the dark. I didn't rejoin the staff Skype, and communication among us was nonexistent aside from that group. In all honesty, I had no idea the IR existed or happened until reading posts made here.
For what I've read, if the species is closing and those users bonded so well with there illegals, I stand behind Hiccup in her decision. Its a character and to take that away at the very end would devastate me if I was in there shoes.

All this aside, all I really want to say is goodbye. Its been a wonderful journey foe the most part, and I'm thankful to have had a hand in this species. Even though for me we drifted a long time ago, I will still miss this place. Let's keep in touch, and keep memories alive, ok? I love you guys.
╔══════════════╗

░░░░░░░ ❚❚ ► ░░░░░░

kota // artist
🌵just your average art nerd🌵

my gallery.
my tumblr,

message me

*tumblr sometimes nsfw

╚══════════════╝
SplashofOrangeJuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfxdog » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:42 am

Glad to see you again Hiccup, and for taking things into your own hands and closing down. Takes courage and it is appreciated by many I am sure!

I hope, however, that now decisions are final that everyone can breathe and relax and take the news for what it is. Ease up, realise things are moving on, and everyone can hopefully go on quite happily from here without hassling one another.
Calling names, harassing and attacking former staff is in itself a form of bullying, really. Everyone is a person behind their words on screen, and many are young and learning. Mistakes were made and apologies have been/are being given. Respect that, and let things go. Grudges aren't very fun! There is no blame on the species closing anywhere, it is hiccups decision and has been for a while.
Hopefully everybody respects this.
My deepest apologies for all who are feeling hurt from these recent months. I have not been in the staff for a few months now but the decline has been hard to watch. Closing seems the kindest thing.

Otherwise, I hope to see everybody around elsewhere! :)
stamps and stuff wrote:ImageImageImage

not playing much anymore / semi-quit; just here for the lovely user-made adopts.

love is love, and nothing is more important than remembering that.
wolfxdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me