Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Flatterina » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:45 am

+70 XP [517 words written]
+20 XP [Patrol sent]
+10 XP [Predator fought]
+10% Hunger each

Heartworm led the way back to the place where they had smelled the fox, her heart beating in her throat. She wasn’t nervous for herself, but rather felt a desire to protect Fishpaw. Her apprentice was as good a fighter as could be expected at her age, but she had never fought in a real fight, much less with a predator as vicious as a fox. Heartworm would need to find a way to keep her out of harm’s way without insulting her competence. Vixenbounce walked next to her, their furs brushing against each other occasionally as they advanced further into the territory.
Gradually, the scent grew stronger until they were so close Vixenbounce stopped the patrol with a flick of her raised tail. The others gathered around her, and Heartworm noted the excited twinkle in Fishpaw’s eyes.
“Alright”, Vixenbounce whispered in a hushed voice. “Here’s the plan: Batwhisker and I draw the fox out, you hide in the bushels of grass to the side, and when I give the signal, you attack its sides. Any questions?”
Heartworm shook her head, and the others did the same. The leader fixed her gaze on Fishpaw for a heartbeat. “You stay back as well as possible, Fishpaw. It’s your first fight with a dangerous predator, and I won’t see you hurt. Participate only when it is distracted and pull back when it fixes on you, understood?”
Fishpaw looked slightly dejected, but nodded anyway. Heartworm was glad that her mate had picked up on her worries and addressed them without her having to say anything. She was glad the two of them worked so well together and shot her a grateful glance. Vixenbounce nodded and licked her forehead hastily before standing up straighter.
“Heartworm, Fishpaw, you hide in that grass over there. Luckypond, you wait in the grass opposite. Batwhisker and I will try to lead it between the two, and you can attack”, she meowed, indicating a faint path between the grass, lined by tall bushels of green.
Nods were exchanged and orders executed, and a few moments later the three cats were hiding in their assigned spots. Vixenbounce checked that they were invisible from the outside and, once she was satisfied, vanished out of Heartworm’s sight, Batwhisker following close on her heels.
Though she knew her mate was more than capable enough to lure a fox through the fields, but that didn’t stop her from worrying. Fishpaw rested her tail on Heartworm’s flank and she blinked down at her apprentice, appreciating the gesture.
Before she could reply anything, though, she heard an unholy shriek, followed first by an unsettling silence, then the noise of bodies crashing through rustling grass. “Now”, Vixenbounce cried as she flew between the two hiding spots, Batwhisker a nose length behind her, and after him, way too close for comfort, the fox, jaws snapping just a few whiskers behind the tip of Batwhisker’s tail.
There was no time to think or to fear for the others’ safety, and with a hiss Heartworm threw herself forward, claws extended, until she hit the stinking wall that was the fox mid-jump, latching onto him with all her might, sinking her claws into its side and her jaws into its back.
It stumbled, thrown off balance by her attack, and its body jolted again as Luckypond followed her lead on the predator’s other side. Behind her, she could see Fishpaw darting out of the hiding spot to bite the foxes’ legs, bringing its attack on Vixenbounce and Batwhisker to an abrupt halt.
With a snarl, it whirled around, trying to shake off the two warriors clinging to its flanks, and Heartworm had to let go if she didn’t want to get bitten by the predator’s snapping fangs. Meanwhile, Vixenbounce had whirled around, sinking her teeth into the foxes’ neck while it had been distracted trying to get rid of Heartworm. She seemed to have hit something vital, for the shrieks tapered off into grunts as blood began to pour from the wound and the fox stumbled on its legs. For good measure, Batshisker darted in past his leader, swatting the foxes’ snout with unsheathed claws, causing it to shy back. The fox wasn’t fighting all that ferociously anymore and Heartworm could see it had trouble staying upright. “Fishpaw, get back!”, she meowed harshly, and her apprentice obeyed just in time before the large body of the predator came crashing down where she had stood just a heartbeat ago.
“We did it!”, Fishpaw yowled, and Heartworm couldn’t help but smile at the young molly’s joy. Her own heart was frantically beating in her chest, but she could feel it gradually slowing down as she observed that the fox indeed had stopped breathing. They had won, and apparently without any one of them getting hurt. She exchanged a grateful glance with her mate, who walked over to her and nosed her forehead carefully. “I’m glad you’re okay”, Vixenbounce whispered and Heartworm sighed contentedly.
“Well then”, the leader meowed. “Let’s get our prey home!”
Heartworm sighed again, this time exhausted. This fox was huge and her back already hurt from just thinking about dragging it back.
[+1 Fox, +14 XP, +28 XP]

With the five of them working together, they finally got the carcass back to camp. Though stank horribly, no one was about to leave fine, fresh meat to rot, especially since the scent of decay would only attract either more predators, or worse, rats and their diseases. On the way back, they also collected some poppy seeds they took back with them.
[+1 Poppy Seeds, +2 XP]

Totals
+14 FP | +1 Poppy Seeds | +130 XP | Level 2 [258/300]
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BigFrog4231 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:03 am

-+- The Star Striders -+-
Previous Post | Previous Reply
[No words this time, i can't think of anything to type ahjkfdsafd]
[center][ 0 words ]

--cats on patrol
Stormcloud | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Raindrizzle | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Frostclaw | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Sootnose | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Meowjima | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Kittyu | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 3
experience: 264

--inventory
Full inventory can be found here under 'Explore Inventory' tab ^^
--items in inventory used
N/A
-- active quests:
N/A

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
bug | 1FP
scraps | 1FP
mouse | 2FP
small bats | 2FP
chipmunks | 2FP
squirrels | 3FP
pigeons | 3FP
fish | 3FP
crows | 4FP
rats | 4FP
seagulls | 4FP
owls | 4FP
raccoons | 5FP
ducks | 5FP
new predators:
geese, foxes, snakes, opossums, hawks, skunks, coyotes, twolegs, dogs, other cats
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? no
mac !! he/xem
``i like everything, im a great cool``

adult
⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅

est
transmasc
ImageImagexxxx

TH || LISTOGRAPHY
tokenz 4 art- open
TVR || TMA || BGG

⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅ ⋆ ⋅
BigFrog4231

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Echo Revna » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:45 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
small rodents | 1FP
small birds | 2FP
perch, lizards, frogs | 2FP
bass, blacksnake | 3FP
squirrel, rabbits | 3FP
muskrat, ground hog | 4FP
new predators:
hawks
coyotes
owls
bears
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a

Clan of Falling Sapphire Waters
Flutterfern sighed, she wasn’t much of a hunter, she didn’t particularly enjoy it. She’d rather just watch the little creatures of the forest, not kill them. But, eating was a good thing. She’d be glad when the clan got bigger and she didn’t have to come out here as often. But for now she’d just have to make the most of her situation. Unfortunately, she wasn’t exactly sure where the best place to look was. She wasn’t really in the mood to head into the meadow at the moment, maybe she should just head further up the stream. She did know of an ok fishing spot up there. Hopefully she would get lucky and then be able to head back early. If not she was in for a long day.
[ 130 words ]

--cats on patrol
Flutterfern | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
Any items used this post (or eaten)
ex. food, herbs, explore items
--predators:
predator #1
predator #2
predator #3
predator #4

I hope I did that right.
Echo Revna

[010.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:51 pm

FLICKERCLAN !
    If yesterday had been a fine day, today was even… finer? Was that a word?

Gouda shook himself, blinking the last vestiges of sleep from his eyes. It was time to get moving. Locate some prey, gather herbs and all that. So far, no one had fallen off a cliff ━ that was always a plus! Well, besides Cairnpool nearly drowning, everything was fine. And speaking of drowning…

“Hey, uh, do you think you could lead us back to that lake?” He nodded once towards Cairnpool and Aspenlight. Was she still cold? His brows furrowed with concern. “We could fish or something.”

Aspenlight’s ears perked. “Yeah! I think it was just around…” She indicated a vague direction with her nose. “... that way. I can lead you there.”

“Wait─ Cairnpool?” Softsand padded close to the shivering molly, resting a tail on her back to pause her mid-step. “There’s just… something in your fur. Maybe from your earlier trip to the lake?” (+1 watermint)

Cairnpool sighed. “That’s probably it. Now come on.”

The waters rushed, a resounding sound, thundering in his ears as the patrol neared. Gouda spared a glance over his shoulder, gaze slipping to the teal tortoiseshell trotting off ahead. Faster than he could keep up with. One moment the cat was strolling around as if on a summer day’s stroll and the next he was scurrying after some… greenish blur. (+3FP frog)

“Got one!” Aspenlight’s cheery voice rang clear in the morning silence. She tossed a look towards him. “You coming, Gouda? The lake’s brimming with fish!" (+3FP minnow)

Oh.

They’d… already slipped off towards the lake. He really should be paying more attention. Shaking himself, he slipped towards the gathered group by the shores, ducking through cattails and reeds. “I’m here,” he muttered.

Carefully, he dipped a paw into the lake. The waters swirled, a magnificent cerulean blue, a mirror reflecting the skies. A small blur shimmied just below the surface. Was that━

Another force struck, silent as if a shadow of the night. Martenfang. Only one cat could manage to be that quiet.

Martenfang offered a small grin, dragging a claw-pierced fish back to the shores. (+3FP minnow)

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ wanderer (0% hunger), gouda (0% hunger), cairnpool (0% hunger)
    xxxx↳ martenstep (0% hunger), aspenlight (0% hunger), softsand (0% hunger)

xx+70XP → level 2 (186/300XP)
    xx+3FP minnow, +3FP minnow, +3FP frog
    xx+1 watermint

notes; n/a! <3

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

FOGCLAN !
    user + clan link: lovage + clan archive
    responding to: lovage's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+50XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent
    xx+6XP for prey collected, +1XP for herbs found
    How dare she?

Jayflight shook her head, casting the briefest glance towards the cowering she-cat in the center of the patrol. She withheld a snort. It was ridiculous. The nerve Foxcall had to throw around her position into the vote like that. To veto it no less.

Her muzzle twisted into a smirk. At least that matter was settled. They were pursuing that fox. Council member approval or not━

A hushed voice broke the quiet spell.

“Prey pile,” Haystalk murmured. Flicking his tail, he indicated two limp birds piled in a heap, hidden amidst the dense tangles of the undergrowth. Muted ash-grey feathers drifted along the ground along with a few broad leaves, scattering with the light breeze. (+3FP small bird, +3FP small bird, +1 elder leaves)

The breeze was also drenched with a foul stench. One that reeked of death.

Jayflight’s tail lashed through the air, paws tapping a soft pitter-patter rhythm. She waited as a hole was slowly unearthed, soil pushed aside by deft paws and the two birds buried for later pick-up. Finally.

“It’s close ━ around our border.” Her chin lifted slightly, eyes sweeping the group. “Let’s go.”

The plan was simple.

She’d take up the rear and Whitethroat would lead the charge. The others would scatter in the shadows and offer their assistance as needed. She rolled her shoulders, heart quickening with every step forward. Between Whitethroat and her, a fox was hardly a match. They’d be fine.

Now, if only they could locate that fox.

Her jaw tightened. Long claw marks along the ground ━ scrawled by herself ━ was indicator enough that the patrol had been wandering in circles. The sneaky creature had managed to evade them. Twice.

Foxcall’s jaws parted. No doubt to suggest a retreat━

The bushes quivered.

Snatches of russet fur flashed, mere glimpses through the thick curls of the bush. It was here.

Her gaze drifted over her shoulder to catch Whitethroat’s eye. She offered a small nod, withdrawing to the back. Whitethroat had the front, and she had the rear. She was ready.

And so was the fox.

It charged, launching out of the bushes as if its tail had been lit with flames. Grim determination flashed in the depths of those dark eyes as it swung around Whitethroat, dancing just out of reach of those jaws. Jaws snapped air, and the fox slipped free from the first line of its opponent.

But it wouldn’t get past her.

Jayflight angled herself and lunged forward, pivoting on her paws. With a thrust, she drove her shoulder forward, aiming for the fox's side, jaws wide.

The fox jerked back.

A soft gasp pried itself from her jaws as she stumbled, paw twisting awkwardly. Her momentum faltered, stuttering. No. Her shoulder skimmed its side, bouncing off harmlessly as she fought to regain her balance. (jayflight received a minor paw sprain! -2% health ━ no herbs or rest needed!)

Her last glimpse was of a russet blur, sailing across the border, leaving the clan and the patrol in the dust.

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (one free post left!)
    xxxx↳ foxcall (0% hunger), jayflight (0% hunger), dustysun (0% hunger)
    xxxxhaystalk (0% hunger), whitethroat (0% hunger)
    xx-2% health for jayflight (no herbs or rest needed!)
    xxxx↳ jayflight (98% health)

xx+67XP → level 0 (121/100XP) → level 1 (21/200)
    xx+3FP bird, +3FP bird
    xx+1 elder leaves
    congrats! you've leveled up and received an additional +1FP (your choice!), +1 herb (your choice!) and a common edit!

notes; n/a! <3

PEACECLAN !
    His mentor was awful at singing. Absolutely awful.

Crowpaw wrinkled his nose, ears flattening against his head, as his mentor’s jaws parted. Another song? StarClan, please save him. Or even grant some musical talent to his mentor. That would work, too.

His mentor grinned, nudging his shoulder. “See that?”

“Huh?” Crowpaw stumbled, prying his gaze from the back. Saltwater and Ghostfeather had just parted ways, scouring the towering meadow grasses a little ways off. He blinked. “Wait, where are they going?”

“Look alive, sport!” Oakspeck nudged him again. Harder. “Right there. See it?”

A tiny blur streaked across the grass, tiny paws carrying it across the field. Nose twitching, the russet-furred rodent settled onto the gnarled roots of a tree, nibbling on a pale grass seed. Rounded ears, short legs…

“A vole,” he breathed. “Is it━”

Oakspeck motioned for silence, eyes twinkling. He winked, before starting forward. “Watch and learn, Crowpaw. Watch and learn.”

It was like a dance. A deadly tango woven between predator and prey. His mentor prowled forward, pawsteps silent against the soft grass as he crept closer. And closer. The vole was oblivious, almost as if caught in a trance as it chomped onto its snack. Its final snack.

Oakspeck struck like lightning. His jaws snagged around the vole, shaking it firmly until it hung limp. (+2FP vole)

“You did it,” Crowpaw whispered. Eyes wide, he stepped forward. “That was━”

He flinched as his mentor broke out into song. His ears flattened against his head. The screech was awful. Well, at least Oakspeck was a better hunter than singer. He eyed his mentor as the tom continued bellowing, tail swinging at an off-kilter tempo.

“...voo-le━ ah! Ouch.”

His brows creased. “Oakspeck, are you… okay?”

Oakspeck blinked, glancing toward his tail. “Uh, yeah! I just… twisted my tail. Nothing major.” His mentor shrugged, a sheepish grin playing on his muzzle as he nudged Crowpaw. “Maybe the singing should be left to you, sport.” (oakspeck sprained his tail! -5% health ━ no herbs or rest needed!)

“Perhaps, it should!” Ghostfeather chuckled, a soft, lyrical laugh, as she approached. She aimed a gentle swat with her tail at Oakspeck, quietly clicking her tongue. “You good? Saltwater and I found these… and something else.” (+4FP rabbit, +1 goatweed)

Crowpaw froze. “Wait, something else?”

Saltwater nodded, voice lowering to a hush. “We scented a badger not too far from here ━ just down the hill. It’s quite close…”

The patrol has scented a predator (badger) in their territory! Do they pursue the badger or choose to leave it alone?

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ crowpaw (10% hunger), saltwater (10% hunger), ghostfeather (10% hunger), oakspeck (10% hunger)
    xx-5% health for oakspeck (no herbs or rest needed!)
    xxxx↳ oakspeck (95% health)

xx+37XP → level 0 (111/100XP) → level 1 (11/200XP)
    xx+4FP rabbit, +2FP vole
    xx+1 goatweed
    congrats! you've leveled up (to level one) and received an additional +1FP (your choice!), +1 herb (your choice!) and a common edit!

notes; hello! there are quite a few things going on in this response (hunger gain, health loss, level-up, and a predator scented), so feel free to reach out if you need any help with your next explore post! my pms are always open. <33

ABYSSAL !
    user + clan link: -everette- + clan archive
    responding to: -everette-'s last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+40XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent
    xx+1XP for prey collected, +1XP for herbs found
    The forest was alive, teeming with song.

Grasses swayed, undulating in the cool breeze. Bushes shivered, quivering as animals poked their noses out. Leaves rustled, guided by the winds and the soft chorus of songbirds rousing from their sleep. They were all a part of an orchestra. An orchestra of life with the morning’s call as their conductor. It was perfect.

The gentle rush of water tickled his ears, easing a small smile from him. He was close to the lake. The lake with its calm, refreshing waters and soothing balm ━ a reprieve from the morning’s heat. And hopefully… some fish.

His gaze snagged on a few dark berries, bouncing with the breeze near an overwrought bush. Useful? He stepped close, running a cursory paw over the elaborate curls and the criss-cross of twigs jutting out. The dark berries stood out the most. Bold. Imposing. Almost like those… dark winged-creatures back near the crevasse. Those bats.

He squinted, taking in the round fruit one more time. Whether out of superstition or merit, the berries echoed trouble. Just like those bats. His gaze lowered a touch. But the leaves… perhaps a different story? (+1 blackberry leaves)

Bracing his paw against the dirt ground, he tugged a few leaves from the bush. He set them down carefully, his nose brushing against something small. Something fuzzy.

His nose twitched as the creature darted around his paws, letting loose a soft squeal. Pika.

A quick pivot around. The pika circled around his paws, making a run for the bush. His muscles tensed and he pounced, a paw slammed down hard on the tiny creature, claws firmly around its neck. (+1FP pika)

Breakfast served.

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ crook (0% hunger)

xx+52XP → level 0 (52/100XP)
    xx+1FP pika
    xx+1 blackberry leaves

notes; n/a, welcome to explore! <3

Last edited by Vivika on Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── explore posts !! ))

Postby faelyn » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:16 pm

┌───────────────────────────────────┐

reality seemed to shimmer.
    with endless lights stretching for an eternity across the pastels of stony peaks, it seemed almost ethereal. how elegantly the
    sun’s luminosity danced above, and the way hues of green contrasted with the usual greys of the mountain.
    a place fit for a queen.

but somewhere… a waver of a dancing shadow flashed a little ways beyond h. prey? no. it was far too big for that.
    “what’s that over there?” voice rising over the soft falsetto sung by little songbirds, her heart seemed to clench within her
    chest. a rose that wittered before blossoming once again. “it’s-- i’m not sure. but i could’ve sworn i saw something.”

“i didn’t see anything.” tawny curls ruffled against the gentle breeze, duskcrown’s head was tilted as his gaze searched hers.
    hints of concern blossomed within them, tinting the sky-like hues with a faded shadow. “are you sure you weren’t seeing
    things?”

“you didn’t see it?” a frown adorned her features as eyes the shade of twirling seas found hers. tidestar’s eyes. “i probably
    sound like a fool… but i did truly see something.”

“are you certain that you’re feeling well, vespershine?” the gruff edge of tidestar’s voice split the gentle music of the morning.
    “if you aren’t, we could turn back to camp.”

shaking her head, vespershine could feel herself retreating, her soul seeming to sink in her chest. “no.. no. i’m totally fine. but,
    i promise.. i saw something. ”
    or perhaps someone.

no. it couldn’t be.

focus, vespershine.

eyes fluttering shut, the world seemed to dance all around her. mocking as the presence of the pair (duskcrown and tidestar)
    dwindled. where were they going?

her eyes flew open.

reality flooded back.
    she could remember tidestar’s distant words that she hadn’t held onto tightly enough, and duskcrown’s concerned features as
    he left with aquilaclan’s leader.

they left without her.. probably in search of prey.

she should be with them… be of some use.
    instead.. she was here, with a little, white flower twirling at her toes and a singing wren above.
    (+ 1 feverfew, +1fp [wren], + 2 exp)

“hello?” startling at the whisper of the lyrical voice, unfamiliar star-lit eyes greeted her, filled with constellations and falling
    comets alike. she had never seen anything quite like it.

who was this cat?

but, one thing was for certain. this stranger, she talked…. a lot. with a voice like a songbird’s cadence, delicately strung in
    the depths of reality. the sweetness that embraced the molly’s voice was enough for vespershine to relax.. slightly. “i’m so
    sorry! i didn’t mean to scare you at all. i saw you and your friends, earlier today.. but i didn’t want to intrude so-”

it clicked then. this cat was what vespershine had seen earlier… she hadn’t been seeing things after all.

“who are you?”

“i’m furzetuft.. and you?” a gentle smile blossomed like a lily upon the stanger’s features, seeming to light the entire world
    aglow with it’s warmth.

“it’s vespershine.” twirling the little, ivory flower between the tips of her claws, a feeling of unease settled into her chest.
    “but you shouldn’t be here.. my leader, tidestar… he won’t take kindly to you being here.”

“oh.” almost crestfallen, the perk that adorned furzetuft’s ears had disappeared.. as if it had been chased to some place far,
    far away.“i was hoping you would help me with something.. but it’s okay. i best-”

“wait!” gently tugging at gold curls to keep furzetuft from sauntering away, vespershine’s voice seemed to contrast with the
    hush that fell over the mountains. “what did you want help with? i’m sure we can maybe figure something out.”

“really? you’d like to help me?” giving a little bounce, gold curls bobbed as furzetuft’s eyes lit up once more. “if you do...
    would you mind giving me some herbs or prey (specifically two) ? it’d be such a help and i’ll be sure to give you
    something special in return!”

“what’s happening here? who is this?”
    tidestar. the gruff note that laced his voice was familiar. terrifying. “duskcrown and i caught some prey.. but what- no-
    who did you catch?”
    (+4fp [puffin], +3fp [squrriel], +1fp [mouse], +8exp)

“it’s not what you think, tidestar. this is furzetuft, and she needs help.”

FURZETUFT NEEDS SOME HERBS / PREY! WILL THE PATROL GIVE HER WHAT SHE NEEDS (2FP OR 2 HERBS) OR WILL
    THEY TURN HER AWAY EMPTY-HANDED?

---------------------

+30 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    +5 exp for saying cheese!
    +0% hunger! (two free posts remaining)

totals;;
    +56 exp gained // +0% hunger // +10fp // +1 feverfew // level 0 (0/100)-> level 0 (56/100)

└───────────────────────────────────┘
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xxxxxxxxxxx

nothing would ever measure up to the beauty that hung loosely from above. the
    beauty of little pinecones, little gifts bestowed from the evergreens.

he had always admired those tawny cones that danced atop evergreens. always admired how intricately they were
    designed. the extravagant details of each one. their shapes and sizes were all different, unique in their own way.

he could spend hours collecting them, running his fingers along every scale that adorned it’s surface.
    but today.. there was no time for that.

glistening beneath the golden rays of the sun, skin, the hue of marigolds gleamed. it was a salamander. the soft thud
    of its footsteps seemed deafening in the hush of the morning and the dark glint of its eyes was like a shadow that
    plagued the light.
    but.. it wouldn’t for long.
    (+1fp [salamnder], +1 exp)

herbs.
    the thought was like a rose blossoming in the winter… ever-so evident in his mind. he was running low on herbs and if
    anything were to happen, it was best to be prepared.

ah.. finally.
    damp with dew, the verdant hue of leaves twirled in the gentle breeze. elder leaves. he had always found the name a
    little strange.. the plant didn’t look old. did it?
    (+1 elder leaves, +1 exp]

“is anyone there?”

his heart was a bird…. a songbird. one that fluttered in his chest that sang a song of… he wasn’t quite sure. who was it?

a tangle of gold and brunette curls gleamed in the wavering sunlight, and eyes, the shade of stars flickered towards him.
    wide. “are you alright?" pausing a little to take in the stranger’s features, a frown curled upon his lips as fear danced in
    those star-lit eyes. “..who are you?”

“i.. i’m furzetuft.”
    the cat seemed… disheveled. frightened.

“i’m so sorry to bother you.. b-but i need your help. i was travelling with a friend and..” her gold curls seemed to tremble,
    shuddering as the breath of summer winds whirled passed. “i can’t find them.. can you help me?”

FURZETUFT IS IN SEARCH FOR A MISSING FRIEND! WILL HAWKSTAR HELP HER OUT OR WILL HE HEAD
    BACK ON HIS WAY?

---------------------

+5 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    +0% hunger! (one free post remaining)

totals;;
    +17 exp gained // +0% hunger // +1fp // +1 elder leaf // level 0 (0/100)-> level 0 (17/100)

xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xxxxxxxxxxx

it was magical.
    from the floral essence that radiated through the meadows to the vibrant hues of scarlet that danced alongside little flowers,
    azrael had never seen quite like it.

he had never seen anything quite as lovely as a perfect mess of poppies in the depths of an empty field. little blossoms of red
    that piroutted ever-so gracefully in the breath of the morning, and in their embrace, laylah danced.

like an angel sent by the heavens above, auburn curls swayed as laylah weaved around the blossoming florets, rosy eyes fixed
    upon a little creature. a creature with tawny fur and eyes, the hue of midnight.
    (+2fp [vole], +2 exp)

it hadn’t been long since he had split the patrol up.
    he had figured it would be best for the acolytes to have time with their mentors. they were improving significantly, with their
    progress advancing as moons passed.

he didn’t hear her coming.

“azrael?” rosy eyes greeted him, as vibrant as ever. laylah. beaming with an energy that never seemed to dwindle, she
    gently nudged him. her touch blossoming like a rose during the springtime. “are you alright? is something wrong?”

“no, no.. of course not.” shaking his head ever-so slightly, his features were adorned into a gentle smile.. something that felt
    unfamiliar upon his lips. “we found all that we needed. come.. let’s find the others.”
    (+1 poppy seeds, +1 wild garlic, +2 exp)

“oh! i see them!” auburn curls bouncing, little glimpses of the mentors and their acolytes danced ahead. “look! i think they
    caught something!”
    (+ 4fp (owl), + 3fp (squrriel), + 1fp (scraps), +8exp)

---------------------

+110 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    +10% hunger for azrael, laylah, maalik, sraosha, sachiel, ariel!

totals;;
    +12 exp gained // +0% hunger // +9fp // +1 poppy seeds, wild garlic // level 3 (158/400)-> level 3 (289/400)

xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xxxxxxxxxxx

ice seemed to adorn his heart.
    it was a calming presence. one that seemed to keep him numb to words fashioned of glass and iron. words whose edges were
    sharp and unforgiving.

bitter and cold.

“who am i? well.. this little bird is nosy.”
    a laugh danced from the rogue’s lips, a symphony far harsher than the breath of angels during winter nights. every syllable
    stung, like a fang slowly tearing into his heart. “who i am doesn’t matter.”

lifting his chin, it was impossible to ignore the tug of his heart. a feeling that told him to be on his guard. a feeling that was
    painted across the canvas of his heart, warning him.
    if only he listened.

because then.. time was lost.
    like a falling comet, time itself was snatched away and all he heard was a symphony. a symphony that tore reality apart with
    a screeching crescendo.

because.. all he saw next was red.

ivory claws that wasn’t his own kissed his side, sinking into his skin. a sting that only doomed him to a world of pain.
    it was too much.. and it was unlike anything he had ever felt.
    (-15hp for oak :c he needs one herb to stop the bleeding and to prevent further health from being lost! and
    to keep going and patrol! )

-------

“silly little bird. ” a sly grin fluttrered upon the rogue’s features, sending his heart into a chaotic frenzy. “i’m starving. i
    fancy some scraps. that’s a good idea, don’t you think?”

no.

oak struck.
    letting a hiss dance to his lips, it happened all so quickly. too quickly. the clash of claws. a collision of beating hearts stirring
    with the same passion.

everything hurt.
    but he was gone. the rogue was gone.

but now, oak needed something… needed herbs.
    yes. that was it.

but, he couldn’t breathe. for his breath was a song all by itself.
    it danced. hitched. sped up. it was a struggle, a war between his mind and heart. but, there was still hope. and hope… it was
    more than enough.
    (+1 ragwort, +1 chamomile, +1 chervil, + 3exp)

staggering into the embrace of leaves that draped from above, glints of silver caught his eye. scraps. a little ways away, he
    lurched. his legs faltering from a moment before regaining their balance. he made it.
    finally.
    (+ 1fp [scraps], + 1exp)
    ---------------------

+5 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    +0% hunger (one free post left)

totals;;
    +19 exp gained // +0% hunger // +1fp // +1 chamomile, chervil, ragwort // level 0 (19/100) -> level 0 (38/100)

Last edited by faelyn on Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!! [greenleaf]

Postby sunny-skies » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:47 pm

Gravis Cordis wrote:The Fallen

the conversations of his clanmates began to fade as pine set off further into the heavily forested woodland. the tom found it much, much easier to focus without the distraction that their chatter provided, and he allowed himself to relax as he took in the sights and sounds that surrounded him. try as he might, though, he didn't seem to pick up much, and the sound of leaves rustling softly in the breeze was all that reached his ears.

the deep brown pelt of a wood mouse was easily visible through a sparse patch of ferns and was quickly picked up by pine's sharp gaze. the small creature seemed much more focused on nibbling the thin fronds than its surroundings, giving the tom an opportunity to creep toward it without catching its attention. he steadied himself before lunging forward, quickly pinning the mouse and trapping it with his claws. the creature thrashed desperately under his paws in an attempt to wiggle free until a quick bite caused it to go still. (+2fp)
    pine leaned down to grab the limp mouse when a soft crunch from underneath caused him to give a start. his eyes darted down to his paws, spotting a couple herbs within the ferns the mouse had been grazing upon. careful to not damage it's delicate leaves, pine picked it up gently by its thin stem and secured it between his teeth. petal would certainly be glad to see them, as the young healer always seemed to be searching for herbs to add to her storages. (+1 dried oak leaf)

the midday sun that hung above him signaled that the morning had passed, and pine decided that it would be best to rejoin the others sooner rather than later. he would hate to worry his clanmates by being away for too long, especially with the odd, unfamiliar loners that had frequented their territory as of late. with quiet steps, he slowly began his return, following the same path that he had taken earlier. fortunately he hadn't ventured far, and it was only a few moments until the others were within his sight. "there you are! we've been looking for you for ages," the molly's gaze flicked down to the herbs that he held, "oh, thank you! I was starting to run low on those."

despite their heavy pawsteps, prey still seemed to be plentiful around them, as the patrol was able to snag a couple more pieces of prey as they continued along. roar and river had managed to bring down a squirrel and hedgehog, respectively, and the two toms proudly dropped their catches beside pine's. (+3fp, +3fp)

+80xp for 1411 words written
    +10xp for patrol sent
    +10% hunger
    →-10% for strike and rain
    →-0% for pine, roar, and petal

total :

+99xp | +1 dried oak leaf | +3fp (hedgehog), +3fp (squirrel), +2fp (wood mouse) | level 3 (33/400)
    congrats, you have received +2fp and +1 herb for reaching level 3!

Alex. wrote:ShotClan

shotluck stepped forward gingerly, unsure of where his paws would lead him. his newfound clan's territory would definitely take some time to grow familiar with, and although he had spent the last few days exploring the area, it still felt foreign to him. mapping out the area would be crucial for him, as would remembering the best places to gather prey and herbs. especially prey. if others were to join his clan, he'd need to ensure that there was enough food available for them- along with himself, of course. starting up and leading a clan took effort, and shotluck needed to be sure to keep his strength up. though he had yet to catch anything himself, he had observed others bring down prey countless times from the safety of his old home. surely it couldn't be too difficult.

the tom's frustration grew as he stepped through the undergrowth, as no signs of prey seemed to be within his sight. even the slightest scent seemed to be absent in the air. he did, however, soon manage to pick up a faint but sweet fragrance that drifted in the breeze around him. curious, the tom stepped forward, his nose lifted slightly as he turned to follow the scent's trail. it quickly led him to a small patch of greenery, where two thin leafy stalks sprouted out from the ground. (+1 comfrey root, +1 hawkweed)

only a few minutes had passed when shotluck stumbled upon some prey scraps nestled within the hollowed inside of a dead, mossy log. he bent down to give the scraps a delicate sniff, catching the faint scent of prey that they still carried. they seemed to have been caught a day or so ago, judging by the scent of them, and could only guess what they might have been before. a shrew, maybe? he'd certainly had higher hopes for a more substantial catch, but prey was prey nonetheless. (+1fp)

though somewhat disappointed with his meager findings, shotluck was sure that they would do for now. he'd need to start heading back to his makeshift den soon, anyway. while he was confident that nothing would happen during his brief hunting patrol, the tom still wasn't comfortable with leaving the area alone for too long. as the tom moved to begin his return to camp, he was quickly alerted by a quick flash of russet fur through the trees. though he quickly recognized its distinct appearance, he couldn't say that he'd ever seen one up close. after all, he had lived the sheltered life of a housecat up until only a couple weeks ago. the tom's paws shifted as his gaze scanned the area anxiously, his gaze alert for when, or if, the creature were to reappear. shotluck has picked up signs of a fox nearby! does he decide to follow it, or ignore its presence in his territory?

+10xp for 82 words written
    +10xp for patrol sent
    +0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+23xp | +1 comfrey root, +1 hawkweed | +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (23/100)
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:18 pm

I want to risk death!
Username: cinxer
Clan link: Roseclan

R͜͡o͜͡s͜͡e͜͡c͜͡l͜͡a͜͡n͜͡

(dear writer: please have poppystar killed by cinderfleck in the reply if possible <3)

Deep on the moores of roseclan a small brown rosetted cat lay close to the ground as if trying to become one with the earth beneath her paws. He claws digging into the soft soil in attempts to help her keep a good grip. Suddenly a dark figure burst from the undergrowth heading in the small cats direction. Surprise ran through her making her pelt shiver. The figure slammed into her and bounced right off despite the immense difference in size she had managed to stay standing. With a thud the black figure fell to the ground and let out a small "oof" all of the wind leaving his body.
"Did you see that shadowpelt! I did it! I did exactly what you told me to do and it worked. You are the best mentor in all of roseclan" the small brown cat purred. Shadowpelt lay there in the dirt few heartbeats trying to catch his breath before it occurred to mudpaw something was wrong.
"Oh no, have I hurt you?" She meowed, her eyes round with concern. Mudpaw's tail dropped in shame; she had already lost one mentor. Stormshadow, who was one of the most patient cats in roseclan, told poppystar that she was unattainable and that she needed to find a new mentor. It had hurt her beyond words as she had been trying her best to do exactly as she was told. Mudpaw looked at her paws as tears began to form in her big green eyes.
Shadowpelt hauled himself to his paws and rested his tail tip on mudpaw's back.
"Hey I'm ok, you did great and im sure no cat or predator will ever sneak up on you." Shadowpelt's encouraging words gave mudpaw a glimmer of hope, perhaps she wasnt a bad cat after all.

Shadowpelt walked closely beside mudpaw on the way back to camp. The young cat had regained her confidence and peppy step. They had been training since dawn and shadowpelt was beginning to feel an ache in his paws. He tried his best to help mudpaw feel accepted and worthy knowing how changing mentors had crushed her spirits. Shadowpelt could understand why Stormshadow had done it but he didnt agree with him at all. As the two entered camp he gave his permission for mudpaw to pick some prey from the fresh kill pile. Starclan had been kind to them this greenleaf giving them plentiful hunting. Shadowpelt padded over to a rock beside the elders den, letting his eyes drift over the old cats and robinskip; a tom born with no front legs. Soon he would be joining them in the elders den. His bones felt more and more weary with each passing day. Longingly he remembered his life in oakclan. He had been a highly respected deputy with his own family. A mate; frostpelt, and their kits cottonears, mooneye, ravenwing, and nutkit. All was well until chestnutfur started a fire in attempts to kill their leader rainstar. Many cats were lost in the fire and the clan dissolved into chaos. That is why shadowpelt left, the once noble clan he loved and joined when he was just a loner had turned into a gang of rogues. There was nothing left for him there. Thankfully poppystar saw that despite leaving he was still among the most loyal cats. She had accepted him into roseclan as did most of his new clanmates. Still he missed his family and oakclan. He wished he could become an elder their instead of here. Shadowpelt shook out hid long black fur, theres no point in thinking about it now.

Bubblepaw was walking across camp looking out at his clanmates all mingling and enjoying the breezy midday when he collided with something and fell paws over head. He looked up from his spot in the dirt to glare at mudpaw as she hungrily devoured a greater sage mouse. With a mouthful of prey she mumbled an apology. Bubblepaw felt his pelt grow hot with emberassment. He should have paid closer attention to where he was putting his paws. It was a good thing he had run over her and not her brother mushroompaw who was always grumpy. Raising to his feet again he gave his blue fur a couple of licks to clear any debris. He heard his name being called from across the camp and looked up to see poppystar making her way to him. At first panic took ove; had he forgotten to change the elders bedding again? Or perhaps she had seen his blunder and would scold him. Then he remembered that poppystar was filling in as his mentor while mousewing was ill in the medicine cats den. The poor tom had seasonal allergies that were debilitating in greenleaf. Bubblepaw stared up at his leader who with confidence told him to get ready for a border patrol. She also informed him that robinskip the elder was joining them to get some freah air. Bubblepaw nodded to show he understood and made his way to the camp entrance. There he waited for the rest of the patrol to gather meanwhile he reflected to himself how his apprenticship was going. He had become quite attached to mousewing. Mousewing was very kind and was always making funny silly jokes youd expect from a father. Bubblepaw felt emberrassed once again as he remembered mousewing WAS a father. He and the old deputy owlrush were mushroompaw and mudpaw's adopted fathers. How could he have forgotten? Bubblepaw admired their open love. Maybe one day he would find love too.

Poppystar couldnt help but to let out a mrreow of laughter as she watched bubblepaw trip over mudpaw. The young tom had only been an apprentice for a few moons but he still had the balance of a newborn kit. She had been enjoying training and getting to know bubblepaw. He was a good aprentice who did his best to listen. She appreciated his willingness to do even the smallest tasks.
Besides working with bubblepaw a lot had been on her mind. Cinderfleck had reported a growing threat of adders, it seemed the snakes were grouping together in dens which was unusual. Poppystar had ordered patrols to be wary when in the area for now and no apprentices should be included. The clan had already lost snailcrunch in the last moon. The she-cat had been attacked by an otter while hunting. Her wounds had become infected and she passed from the fever despite snowbirds best efforts. Mushroompaw took it especially hard seeing as they were best friends. Poppystar decided to give snailpaw her warrior name to honor her. Poppystar shook her pelt to clear the uncomfortable thoughts from her mind. She needed to keep focused on the present affairs. Krestelbreeze confided in her that she suspected cinderfleck of acting suspiciously since his kits were born. Poppystar knew krestelbreeze was just looking out for her but she couldnt punish him for just being suspicious. Until then she would keep an eye on him.

Robinskip excitedly bunny hopped over to where bubblepaw was standing by the camp entrance. Robinskip felt like he could claw whitearrow's ears off if he had to listen to him complain about ticks again. Well at least he would if he had front paws. Robinskip was glad poppystar had agreed to let him go out with their patrol. ( 1,229words)

--inventory

Cottontail | 3FP |×1
Minnow | 2 FP | x1
Blacktailed prarie dog | 4FP | x1
Squirrel | 3FP | x1
Worms | 1FP | ×2

Deathberries | usage | x1
Sweet sedge | usage | x1
Stick | usage | x1
Feverfew | usage| x1
Juniper berries | usage | x1
Mellow leaves | usage | x1
Cobwebs | usage | x1
Catchweed | usage | x1
Deadly nightshade | usage | x1
Broom | usage | x2
Borage leaves | usage | x3
Lamb's ear | usage | x1
none

predator/prey list for roseclan
prey:
Worms | 1FP
Mountain plover | 2FP
Greater sage-mouse | 2FP
Cottontail | 3FP
Squirrel | 3FP
Blacktailed prarie dog | 4FP
predators:
1- adder
2- hawk
3- otter
4- short eared owl
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:27 pm

Clan of Eternal Sun
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Location; Great Basin Desert
───────

Coyotesun froze as he made eye contact with the rogue, a chill shivering through his fur despite the early morning heat. The rogue may not have flinched, but he did— though he would never admit it. He had seen more than his fair share of wanderers, kittypets, and loners make their way through the desert, and none of them had the iron-clad tension of this rogue.

No. This was a wild-born desert cat.

Which meant she was dangerous.

Claws curled into the sand, scraping against grit and buried stone. If he had still been living the life of a drifter, he would've called it a loss, slinking away to easier hunting grounds. But the Shelter had grown comfortable, supplies and trinkets already gathered there. He didn't need anyone else to come and drive him away.

He steeled himself, claws tightening their grip. He'd just ask what her intentions were— there was no harm in that, right? And if it turned sour, he was not opposed to booking it out of there as fast as he could. Maybe there was a benefit to staying in one place all the time now— he knew all the nooks and crannies in this part of the desert. He doubted she did.

Carefully, he crept out from behind the rock and approached the stranger.

[ 220 words ]

--cats on patrol
Coyotesun | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 0
experience: 27

--inventory
scraps | 1FP | x1
lizard | 2FP | x0
woodrat | 2FP | x0
desert toad | 3FP | x0
snake | 3FP | 0x
jackrabbit | 4FP | x0

daisy leaf | soothes aches | x1
none
-- active quests:
none
-- predators:
coyotes, rattlesnakes, vultures
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[011.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:14 am

BIRCHCLAN !
    Mockery rang clear, a rising crescendo, shattering the fragile silence.

Cinderstar stiffened, muscles tensing as his gaze locked between the two rogues… to that russet ball of fluff near their paws. He huffed. The audacity they had. Not only to cross the borders and mock him, but also to hunt upon the clan’s territory. The squirrel resting between the two rogues was his, belonging rightfully to the clan.

“Leave the squirrel and go.” His muzzle peeled back into a snarl. “While you still can.”

A shaggy tom stepped forward. His dark eyes brewed like stormy skies, alight with the promise of a fight. A long jagged scar ran from his eye to his muzzle, whispering of swift retribution.

"Or what?" The rogue's chin lifted, smugly. "We play a game of tag?"

A red, hot flush seethed through his veins. That was it.
    He lunged, snapping at the rogue’s shoulder.

The tom hissed. His tail twitched, before his jaws clamped around the limp squirrel near his paws, flinging it towards him.

Cinderstar ducked to the side, eyeing the squirrel laying haphazardly along the ground. Tossing the prey towards Aspenleaf for safe-keeping, he lowered a shoulder and barreled forward.

Stormy eyes widened, jaws slackening as the rogue crumbled, falling under the weight of his claws.

"Leave," he hissed.

The tom chuckled half-heartedly. Those dark eyes darted around, flitting from place to place, until it snagged on something. Something behind him. A slow smile slotted into place. The rogue leaned close, voice a mere whisper. "Missing someone?"

His heart stuttered.

The other rogue. Where was she?

A muffled gasp slithered through the air, slicing through his concentration. Aspenleaf.
    His head whipped around.

The healer leaned heavily against a birch tree, teeth gritted. Crimson spilled from an injury across her side. (-15% health for aspenleaf ━ she needs one herb to prevent further health loss!)

The other rogue, a molly, flashed a grim smile. Her claws tapped across the ground, stained scarlet. She offered a small nod. "Easy, tiger. Keep the squirrel and the molly, we're leaving." (+3FP squirrel)

A wave of her tail, and she was off. The shaggy furred tom slipped out from beneath him with a shove, quietly limping after her. The quiet melody of a songbird weaving through the trees sang an anthem of peace.

They'd won. For now.

But Aspenleaf?

His pawsteps couldn’t move fast enough, cutting across the soft grass. "Stars, you alright?" He flanked her side, gently supporting her with a shoulder. "Take it easy," he murmured. “What do I do? Aspenleaf? Walk me through this.”

Aspenleaf has been hurt, courtesy of a certain rogue!
    She needs one herb to prevent further health loss and to return to patrol!

totals;
    xxxx↳ cinderstar (10% hunger), aspenleaf (10% hunger)
    xx-15% health for aspenleaf
    xxxx↳ aspenleaf (85% health)

xx+33XP → level 0 (123/100XP) →level 1 (23/200XP)
    xx+3FP squirrel

congrats! you've leveled up and received an additional +1FP (your choice!), +1 herb (your choice!) and a common edit!

notes; n/a! <3

NEW MOON COURT !
    user + clan link: myr + clan archive
    responding to: myr's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+70XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent, + 10XP for 'cheese' codeword
    xx+12XP for prey collected, 2XP for item found
    A soft call pulled her close to a tall array of bushes.

Leafstrike’s brows knitted as she wandered closer, ears swiveling. Music. A faint melody weaving into a soft chime, notes rising and falling in pitch… almost like a songbird’s ditty, but not quite. Something else?

She paused.

The music was strongest here, closest to this straggly, withered bush. She peered closer, squinting at its base. Below the nest of branches and twigs, a gold object glinted. She tugged it out, carefully dusting it off with a paw. A coin? Or at least that was what the nofurs called it. (+1 common edit!)

“... my lady.”

Leafstrike’s head lifted as a certain grey tom approached, scars running down the side of his eyes. Feathers trailed behind him, floating in the breeze. Snug in his jaws was a plump, speckled bird, a fine catch… if not for the odd angle the tom held his tail at. Had he hurt it? (-2% health for greyscar ━ he received a minor tail sprain while hunting! no herbs or rested needed!)

“Greyscar,” she greeted. “Your tail. Is it━”

“Is the lady done treasure hunting?” Greyscar’s brows rose, a snort escaping his jaws. He nodded once towards the rest of the approaching patrol, toting along their catches. “I hope chicken suits your fancy, hmm?” (+3FP chicken, +3FP chicken)

Rainfall cleared his throat. “Greyscar, please.” He heaved a soft sigh, gaze surveying the rest of the group. “I scouted ahead near the river. There’s a pair of Village Cats near one of the bridges. They haven’t crossed the border, but I think we should go and check it out… if everyone is in agreement.”

A pair of Village Cats have been spotted near the border, although they haven't been caught trespassing!
    Does the patrol choose to confront them or continue on their patrol instead?

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ leafstrike (0% hunger), rainfall (0% hunger), lightfur (0% hunger), greyscar (0% hunger)
    xx-2% health for greyscar (no herbs or rest needed!)
    xxxx↳ greyscar (98% health)

xx+114XP → level 0 (114/100XP) → level 1 (14/200XP)
    xx+3FP chicken, +3FP chicken
    xx+1 common edit

notes; n/a, but let me know if you prefer just a random group of loners instead of village cats! i tailored it to fit your lore, but if you prefer something else just shoot me a quick dm/pm and i'll change it! <3

MESACLAN !
    user + clan link: nio + clan archive
    responding to: nio's last post
    xx+30XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent, + 10XP for 'cheese' codeword
    The sun was glorious.

Ironbark mounted a weathered ledge, settling into position as the sun warmed the small of their back. Their gaze scanned the rangers as they swept the desert savannah, watchful for any signs of trouble. The wind kicked up light wisps of sand, lightly blowing it into their pelt.

A flash of white streaking across the desert sands caught their eye. Cottontail. He moved as if one with the winds, surrounded by a cloud of dust as he darted towards a small crevice in the rock, crouching low. A beat passed. Slowly, the tom straightened, shaking his head. His jaws came up empty.

Odd.

A few tail lengths away, Moonshine and Gilabite poked around a few sparse bushes, picking through the shredded shrubbery. Branches hung limp in scraggly strips, withered.

Also odd. Desert shrubs were meant to withstand the heat. Unless…

Ironbark breathed the desert air deeply, soaking in the scents. The dry dustiness, faint trace of vegetation and...

"Cheesesticks." Their fur warmed, heat creeping to his cheeks. No one had heard that. Right? They snuck a glance over their shoulder, clamping their jaw shut. But the matter still remained.

Looking over the ledge, Ironbark raised their tail, signalling for the others to return. They paced a slow circle on top of the ledge, waiting.

Pawsteps swishing in the sand brought their gaze up, surveying the trio quietly assembling before them.

Cottontail's eyes flicked towards them tentatively, paws shuffling against the ledge. Amber eyes glinted, holding a fleeting curiosity.

Gilabite's head tilted, a small grin playing on her muzzle as she drew close, her tail sailing over her back. “What’s going on?”

Ironbark released an exhale, voice soft. "There's a puma nearby. It was here… recently." Their brows furrowed a little. “It may have scared the prey into hiding and eaten the herbs.”

A predator (puma) has been scented within Mesaclan's borders! It seems to have scared the prey off and made away with a few herbs.
    Does the patrol choose to pursue the puma or leave it alone to continue patrolling?

totals;
    xxxx↳ ironbark (20% hunger), gilabite (20% hunger), moonshine (20% hunger), cottontail (20% hunger)

xx+60XP → level 2 (317/300XP) → level 3 (17/400XP)

congrats! you've leveled up and received an additional +2FP (your choice) and +1 herb (your choice)!

notes; hello, your post definitely made me smile, ahh! your interactions are so incredibly sweet! <33

just two quick (and easily missed!) things, especially with the craziness of the cheese event! for your next post, please link your last explore post + writer's response, and mark your kitties down as not sick! ^^

CLAN OF THE FORGOTTEN HOLLOW !
    user + clan link: hush + clan archive
    responding to: hush's last post
    xx+40XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent, + 10XP for border skirmish, + 10XP for 'cheese' codeword
    xx+16XP for prey collected, +6XP for herbs found, +2XP for item found
    It was a miracle her heart hadn’t fallen out of her chest.

The rogue gasped, heaving for breath as she streaked across the territory, leaving the other clan behind. Stars, even a sneeze from those cats spoke volumes. But that sneeze was the distraction she needed and she didn’t need an invitation to run.

But where was she?

It was… different here. The trees, the air, the scents.
    Almost barren. Hollow.

And the patrol here was no different.

They advanced with cold efficiency, each sliding into formation. Their movements screamed confidence, their patrollers moving with effortless grace. Each knew their place and their role. They screamed danger.

And the younger cat… an apprentice with two tails? Was that even possible? The young tom paused, kicking a casual paw along the ground. A blue pebble rolled across the ground, flickering in alternating shades of navy and cerulean. (+1 common myo!)

The slash of claws against the ground and movement rippling through the group wrenched a gasp from her throat. Her heart raced, the bottom of her belly writhing as if snakes had infiltrated its depths. She forced a breath in, struggling for calm. They hadn’t attacked. Not yet. They were just... hunting.

Gold eyes glinted from the rear of the group, a limp rabbit hanging in the she-cat’s jaws. The rabbit’s coat was covered with a faint glow, emanating from a small, crystalized flower caught in its fur. (+5FP rabbit, +1 boon of fertility (extra breeding slot!))

Another she-cat flashed a grim smile, fur puffed with an easy confidence. She tucked a round, plump creature covered with a few leaves aside, before making her way to the center of the group, flanked by another tom. (+3FP mole, +1 water hemlock, +1 blackberry leaves, +1 comfrey root)

She averted her gaze, sinking her claws in the ground as the patrol advanced. If they wanted a fight, she’d give them one, the Stars so help her. She was no match, hardly a proper one for a clan built on strength and size, but she’d do what she could.

As the dark lykoi signalled with a flick of his tail, she charged forward. Claws glinted and teeth gnashed, a whirlwind of activity around her. Her shoulder burned as she swatted at a thick chested tom, claws catching on his muzzle. (-5% health for carrionhead ━ no herbs or rest needed!)

Ducking aside, she surged forward, veering to the left. She swallowed a gasp, stumbling, as claws raked across her back. She struck blindly, aiming a thrashing kick towards her opponent. Gold eyes flashed, faltering for a split second. (-5% health for goldeneye ━ no herbs or rest needed!)

That split second falter was all she needed.

Putting on a last burst of speed, she shot off into the thicket, leaving the patrol behind her.

totals;
    xxxx↳ wolfstar (10% hunger), lilyheart (10% hunger), cerberuspaw (10% hunger)
    xxxxcarrionhead (10% hunger), adderpelt (10% hunger), goldeneye (10% hunger)
    xx-5% health each for carrionhead and goldeneye (no herbs or rest needed!)
    xxxx↳ carrionhead (95% health), goldeneye (95% health)

xx+104XP → level 2 (311/300XP) → level 3 (11/400XP)
    xx+5FP rabbit, +3FP mole
    xx+1 water hemlock, +1 blackberry leaves, +1 comfrey root
    xx+1 boon of fertility, +1 common myo

congrats! you've leveled up and received an additional +2FP (your choice) and +1 herb (your choice)!

notes; n/a! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sprite cranberry » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:59 am

last explore postlast response recieved

"Cinderstar, we need to get back to camp, all our herbs are stored there." The wounded molly mewled, "I can give you further instruction when we're in the medicine den" The slim tom nodded, a slight weakness evident in his step and he assisted the medicine cat back to camp, nervousness. He didn't want to mess this up, or hurt her further- Cinderstar may be leader but even he could admit he hadn't the slightest idea when it came to herbs and how to use them.

The pair arrived back at camp and plodded into the medicine den, whilst Aspenleaf curled herself up in one of the nests Cinderstar could be seem rummaging around in the herbs blindly, "Cinderstar, please relax, I'm okay" The she-cat couldn't help but laugh, "I need you to get the orange flowers and bring them over here please" Cinderstar picked them up in his maw softly, "Orange flowers, of course" Voice muffled by the herbs in his mouth.

"Now, I need you to chew them up and place them over my wound" Cinderstar gave another nod, determined and began chewing. Once he was done he gently licked the crushed poultice of petals over Aspenleaf's side. "Like that?" He asked nervously, "Yes, just like that, thank you" The molly gave him a warm grin, "I'm a little hungry after all that" She purred, "What's on the prey pile?" Cinderstar smiled back, "I know just the thing, wait here"

The leader strolled out of the medicine den and over to the prey pile, grabbing a mouse and bringing it back again, "Would you share this meal with me Aspenleaf?". "I'd love to" She spoke warmly, the smile still plastered on her muzzle as they began to tuck in.

------

Cinderstar stretched out his spindly legs, yawning loudly and then picking himself to his paws, "I should probably check on Aspenleaf" He thought aloud and began making his way to the medicine den.

Mouse -1
Marigold -1

★ 324 words ★

cats on patrol
★ [url]Cinderstar[/url] | hp 99% | hup 10% | sick; N ★
★ level 1 ★

inventory
★ scraps | 1FP | x1 ★
★ vole | 2FP | x1 ★
★ mouse | 2FP | x0 ★
★ frog | 3FP | x1 ★
★ squirrel | 3FP | x2 ★