Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

catlender prompt #1 response

Postby tula! » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:56 am

username: tula!
    clan: the cats of the red trees

prompt #1 response:

Prompt#1: 1. The weather has taken a turn and begun snowing! How does your clan react and or deal with the snow? If your clan is in a place where snow doesn't happen tell/show me about what does happen in winter time! Expires 12/8 @9:30am CST

It rarely snows in the Red Trees (and never heavily), but when it does, Dipper loves it!

Last edited by tula! on Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
tula!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STARS catlander event prompts!

Postby SilentMelody » Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:59 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Clan: Shoreclan

Prompt #1

It doesn't usually snow in the territory for Shoreclan, but when it does the cats have to be prepared. The snow and ice usually don't reach the beach, but sometimes it can ruin the tunnel system in the sand for their dens. During leaf-bare, the cats have to move into the forest and set up temporary shelter until the snowing has stopped. Once the snow has stopped, the leader can either make the decision to remain in the forest for the rest of the leaf-bare or attempt to go back to the camp on the beach.

If it doesn't end up snowing, the cats are in for some decent weather. The temperature drops and the winds get faster, but overall it's a nice change from the constant sun overhead. Clouds fill the sky for a completely white or gray background. Without the heavy snow, sometimes it might even drizzle or rain. The ocean becomes a dark blue, and the waves crash harder. The pesky seagulls have flown somewhere else and left the cats alone. Now the cats can sit outside and relax without getting overheated or pecked at. However, they're warned not to go into the water with the fear of being taken away by the waves.

(207 words)
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:06 pm

Username: Coraly
Clan: FoxClan
Prompt#1 response:
"we have to find way to deal with the cold, Foxstar!" A voice said. "Otherwise the frost'll get at us!" A sigh came after those words. It seemed that the two cats talking to each other were arguing.

"Robin's Cry.." A different voice. And then another sigh this time from the second cat. Shadow finally opened his eyes. What happened to the light? The whole den was dark, of course, he could see, but barely, just barely. He put his paw out, feeling for something, anything.

He reached something. It was freezing cold!

"Ah!" Shadow cried out. The chills went up his paw, into his leg and then body. He had never felt this sensation before. His paw had made a hole in the squishy coldness. He could see now. It was sun-up. Oh no..

Foxstar had told him to wake up before the sun was up!

"..Yes, I suppose we could. That might work, Robin's Cry. I'plan tell Shadow to start saving up some feathers..." Oh no, Shadow thought again . Foxstar made a mad face and turned around, Shadow could see him. "Where is he anyway?! I told that cat to wake up early so that we could stock the prey stores!"

Shadow pushed through the rest of the squishy coldness, he had no idea what it was called, and then meowed nervously, "Uh- hey there Foxstar- I'm here now, no need to.."

The look of the leader's face made him shut up. "Shadow, you need to wake up early, because we need to hunt more. The prey is going to be much more scare, ok Shadow?" Shadow nodded curtly, then turned to Robin's Cry who seemed to just be in her own world.

Still a wip! Working on it when I can. <3
Last edited by beebun on Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Username: 0Zero0
Clan: Peak Clan
Prompt#1 response:
A frost bite was taking every cat by surprise. The trees were thin, grizzly, and grey, the mountains were yellow with dead grass, the sky was a sickly blue, and the wind stung like a bee. It was cold. Several holes lined the top of a mountains peak, surrounded by mostly dry vegetation, including bushes, trees, and flowers that were sleeping. No creature scurried above this land, quiet swept over the territory. Eventually, slowly, and surely, small droplets fall from the sky. These frozen droplets take their sweet time to fall from the heavens on the soft plains of Peak clan. It's snowing.

Of coarse none of the members even notice this change in weather. All but a few of them even know it's happening. The safety of the cavern walls kept them safe alongside their comrades, and the comfort of food in the bellies of all clan cats. There was even extra dead rats, birds, and other assortments tucked away in a corner somewhere to be eaten later. The leader of the clan would be content with the sight of things. All the cats were happy, healthy, and ready for leaf-bare.

SunStar would check the whole clan out. Searching from the bottom of the cave, to the crevice's, to the top. He would leave no inch untraced, none of his family unchecked. The deep golden cat would do this all day if he had to. In fact the golden eyed tabby traced the dens over three times before slowing down to eat himself. The whole time this was being done, a black heavily striped tabby with similar eyes would watch him intently, follow his comrade everywhere, and consistently nag at his leader to take a break.

When the scarred leader finally gave rest, so did the deputy, CrowMask, who was worried terribly for his leader. The Black cat began to share tongues with his leader. Cleaning him softly above the head so that he can hear SunStar's voice a bit clearer.

"It's leaf-bare Crow, I can smell it." The leaders voice was a bit rough around the edges. He was clearly on the older end, so most attributed the sound to be of his age, but the truth was far different. It was deep and rustic, and even soothing to some of the clan cat's ears. Crow was one of those.

The deputy lifted his head a bit away from his leader. "Almost leaf-bare." the younger tom denied his leader with a sharp tongue. His ears were even pinned back to show his discomfort with the word.

Sun turned to him and purred softly. "Calm down Crow. You heard what 'the Leaf' have to say. StarClan never lies. When the last leaf falls, it is leaf-bare. The cold dry air, the lack of fresh kill, it's all due to the season."

CrowMask had no right to deny it really. The Leaf, or rather group of medicine cats, had predicted that leaf-bare would come early this year, and they were right. The scent of the cavern even told tale of the season. Dry crisp air, cold damp flooring, and frost along the mouths were all evidence of what was to come. They all would be berried in snow soon, and needed to prepare for it.

[545 Words]
xxxx
Image Image Image Image

〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ ImageImage
╒══════════════════════╕
x
Text will go here
╘══════════════════════╛
Gifs Offical art Yu Yu Hakusho
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:36 pm

Username: Sunlitsecrets
Clan: Fallwick
Prompt#1 response:
Snail has a lot of good memories of snow, before she arrived in the swamps. She doesn't like being cold but she's quite happy to see all the fresh snow in the morning.
--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♡ -- prompt one

Postby faelyn » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:50 am

username: faelyn
clan: the shore of dreams

prompt#1 response:
the angels were singing. dancing through the rolling shores, like feathers held in the hands of a gentle breeze. the ivory of their adornments draped over the sky, lacing the soft cerulean with wisps of white. she could see them. the sparkle of their halos flashing ever-so brightly, the shades of silver and white bloomed into one another. it was a canvas of a dream twirling into reality.

the sparkle of silver flakes had crystalized over bare myrtles, a layer of bright, flawless shine. the blossoms that had once danced across boundless fields had laid their heads to rest, a slumber that would last all the way through this white bliss. they’ll come back. it was a promise. a vow that was always fulfilled, even when the pearly season seemed to sing the loudest.
and she trusted the promise.

an ivory veil cascaded down a bridal gown, a beautiful mask to hide the bride that carried the seasons on her back.
a tendril of a smile curled upon the pale lip of the sky. it was a sign! a glimpse of the smiling gods and goddesses that watched ever-so silently upon the world.
she could hear their soft murmurs laced within a song, those quiet voices that strung as a cold, blissful breeze.
she could hear their heartbeat through the symphonies.
she could see their eyes of sovereignty in the dead of winter.

she was so close. so close to a deity’s embrace. a reason to rejoice. to dance across the waves that were frozen in a furious trance.

night was a daydream.
morning was a paradise.

gorgeous melodies and voices glistened in the silence. an elaborate orchestra of notes looped together into a symphony, one that she would never forget. a veil of shimmering fur revealed a choir of united souls, pulled tight in the embrace of winter.
the bliss was overwhelming.

ice adorned the grove of willows, like little teardrops shivering upon their dangling branches. a gentle breeze wafted through the endless fields, cradling the lapis blue feathers of winter songbirds in their fingertips, before lacing them within a flounce of blonde fur.

verdant wreaths were strung over the trunks of trees, embellished with the shine of seashells. a precious ornament that was said to be adored by the ones who rested in the heavens above. they had the twinkle of stars and the spiral of constellations, she could remember those legends, how they said shells were a gift from the ocean to the golden meadows of majesty and sand.
perhaps, that was why seashells captivated the whisper of the ocean. maybe, the fairytales her mother had always told her about, weren’t just a part of a soul’s imagination, after all.

she wished she could tell her that. but those days when she was still here had been snatched away. her mother was gone. it hurt, but the wafting chills of the silver season numbed the edge of longing.

pearly white linen sparkled upon her fur, it’s cold touch descending deep into the blonde ruffles curling at her back. it was unlike anything she would’ve ever imagined winter to be. the splendor of it all made her heart warm with wonder and quiver with life, it was better than what the ancient ones described this mystic season to be.

“it’s beautiful, darling. here, look out to the fields…. now, imagine sparkling flakes, like the stars, falling from the sky, covering everything in snow white. it’s a blessing from the gods.” a tendril of a smile crimped his jaw, a soft grin that spoke of the days when he was young. “it symbolizes a new beginning and if you listen carefully, you can hear the gods chanting.”
“really?”
“yes, really.”

“iri?” the lyrical word fluttered like a bird trapped in the palace of her heart. it was so familiar. the light timbre of his voice and the hum of excitement laced in his sweet scent.

“oh! it’s you rowan!” she could remember those wide heterochromic eyes, that bold fire that danced at his toes, silently burning without leaving a mark on his back. it was a sight so familiar when she was a child. it was her brother. “do you like it? the snow?”

a chuckle rose from his lips, his chest rising and falling into an alluring rhythm. “it’s a little cold.” a light mist twirled near his lips, as if leaning forward for a kiss. “it’s nice, though.”

her steps were delicate as the snow shined like pearls beneath her toes, little gemstones that would forever captivate her soul every winter. “i think, it’s very pretty.” the gold depths of her eyes fluttered to catch a glimpse of his. “it’s better than jorah said it would be.”

“yeah. now, come, i have something to show you, iri.”
“what is it?”
“you’ll see.”

the path that she had danced upon countless times greeted her, waving as if to light up the way. “are we going to the seaside?” a shiver cluttered the lyrics of her song, before dwindling as he peeked back at her.
“just wait.”

a lovely scene unravelled beyond her, different, yet still the same, like all the times she had come, before. “look.” his voice adorned the silence, a beautiful sound that she had known all her life.

pretty and esoteric. the sea had become an illusion. it enthralled each hue and shade. from periwinkle to mauve, it seemed like it was illustrated from the palace of her imagination. those colors glowed, beaming brightly beneath the faint, dancing light.
but, there was a beauty more than just skin-deep.

twirling, spiralling, deeper than where the skin of ice lay, unimaginable enchantment shimmered beneath. alluring scales glinted beneath the chilled facet of the sea, still moving. still fluttering with life.

it was fish.
they were gentle beasts. elegant and ravishing but, in the midst of the cold, their hearts wee still beating, thriving even though their home had been turned to a prison. spirals of coral and sea anemone flecked the nethers of the deep, swaying to the timbre of rushing water. she had never seen anything quite like it.

“it’s amazing.”
“i know right?”

smiles. laughter. it was all she knew as reality seemed to sing with it’s blessings. frosted lips flecked kisses along her lashes, her heart seeming to chorus melodies she had always longed to sing.

winter was the throneroom of heaven.
a gift from those who watched from the skies above.

(1077ish words, i think? <3 this is written in the perspective of iri along with her brother!)
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:46 am

Day 1 prompt has officially ended! Prompt #2 is up! Your rewards will be shown on the first page.

Those who wrote 100 or more words were given 10EXp for the attempt. Any with less than that were not included in the rewards :(
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

catlender prompt #2 response

Postby tula! » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:32 am

username: tula!
    clan: the cats of the red trees

prompt #2 response:

Prompt#2: A cat from your clan found a twolegs holiday decoration. What is it? What do they do with it?

Expires 12/8 @10:45am CST (cause i was late)

The kits found strange items left behind by a hiker. Later, MIlo hung the ball onto one of the pines near camp, claiming it what his humans used to do during this time. Everyone looked at him strange.

tula!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:51 am

Username: Coraly
Clan: FoxClan
Prompt#2 response:
jingle.. jingle..

There the sound was again! She turned her head, her hearing, being a cat, was very precise. Yet, she couldn't pin point it. Where was that frustrating sounds coming from? Again, the head turned.

jingle jing--

"Hey! Robin's Cry!" Grreat. Shadow. That tom was like a big old kit. He had scared away the sound. But.. how could a sound be scared away?

"Hey, did you hear that?" Robin's Cry said, not paying attention to the tom. She was turning in circles now. Where was that mouse-brained sound?! Shadow looked at her and tilted his head.

"What? The birds? Wait -- the birds left.. it's leaf-bare. No, I have absolutely no idea what you heard, or what you are talking about." And after that Shadow rambled on, She didn't listen to him, but for the sound, which was now evading her. Robin's Cry had always noticed he was more comfortable around her, rather than their leader, Foxstar. She shook her head. She had to be hearing things..

jingle jingle..

Wait! There it was again. Robin's Cry smirked. The sound would not get away from her. Though she had absolutely no idea which direction to go, there was a sense that made her go to the river. She took off, forgetting about the left-behind Shadow.

"Hey!" Shadow dragged the word out, watching her leave, "Where are you going?" She heard paw steps follow her. So he had come. Robin's Cry hoped he hadn't scared the sound away again, she really wanted to catch it. It had been a long time since she had caught anything.

The snow was getting deeper as she came across the river. And that was when she saw it. The twoleg. It was holding... what was that? She tilted her head like Shadow always did, curios.

jingle jingle..

Robin's Cry gasped. The twoleg was making the sound! Her eyes were wide, and she sat down where she stood. Lucky for the healer, the twoleg had not spotted her yet. Her eyes twinkled as she watched it. It was fiddling with the a string of sorts, she had met a cat once who always wore a string, right around their neck. She had advised them not to, it was an easy was to die. But this string was different. It held.. circular shaped things. Robin's Cry was certain that those were where the sound was coming from, and no matter how much she wanted to go over there, she forced herself to stay put.

Twolegs are the most dangerous predators of all. They take and take.

It was something her mother used to say..

Jingle jingle!

The sound again! Her ears perked up. She now watched the twoleg more. It was putting stuff on the tree.. why? She got up, and shook off the snow that had gotten stuck to her fur. What was this twoleg doing? It was very interesting.

She took a tentative step forwards, and then another. There were footsteps in the snow, not paw steps, but twoleg steps. She was following the path that it had taken to get by the tree.

Then the twoleg moved.

She jumped, not literally, but puffed up, like all cats do when they get scared. But the twoleg didn't notice her. Relived, Robin's Cry relaxed, but was still tense. This could end bad for her, especially if the twoleg spotted her. It stepped back again, and so did she.

Robin's Cry could not see it, but the twoleg was smiling, it was proud with its creation. She didn't quite like it. Why even bother to waste materials on a tree?! The twoleg raised it's arm, and she responded with alarm, puffing up again. She hadn't quite calmed down the first time, though.

Robin's Cry squinted. The twoleg was carrying a little box. She cocked her head sideways, trying to get a better look. Hm..

Flash!

And she was blinded. Everything was light.. no, white. Robin's Cry couldn't think straight, so she just closed her eyes. It was a while before the world turned back to normal.

And the twoleg was gone.

Robin's Cry was confused. Was the twoleg scared of her? Did it use it's magical box-thing to escape? Why would it be scared of her, only a healer? What was it even doing out here? Twolegs never came this far out..

Robin's Cry came to a conclusion. Which was she had no idea what the twoleg was doing this far out, and it had left a tree decorated. But.. why..?

At least it was safe now, she knew that the twoleg was long gone. So, Robin's Cry walked forwards to the decorated tree. There was something in the snow. She pushed the cold snow away with her paws. It revealed the string that had the circular things on it. Robin's Cry smiled, and laughed happily. The twoleg had left a gift!

She cradled the object in her paws, shaking it to make the sound.

Jingle.. jingle..

Robin's Cry smiled again, laughing as well. She'll keep it, Robin's Cry picked up the string in her mouth, as gently as she picked up herbs. She trotted back to camp, happy, very happy with her find.

"Hey! Robin's Cry, where'd you go? I couldn't find you..!" His face was a pout. He looked at her, and then tilted his head, clearly curios about what she was carrying in her mouth, "What's that?" Robin's Cry looked at him.

"I found it. It was making the noise I heard, the one that I asked you about." Shadow had look of 'ohhh.' on his face. He then smiled.

"Would you shake it, or however the sound is made?" He asked politely, and stepped forwards as if he'd never seen something like it before. Well, that was true. He'd never seen it before. Robin's Cry smiled at him and nodded.

She shook her head, shaking the string with the objects on it.

and.. jingle jingle..

The sound of smiles and laughter could be heard from the mountains, and, of course, the leader's den. Where the sound woke up a grumpy Foxstar.

-

[ 1018 words - and if you don't know what the object was, it was a string of bells <3 ]
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:11 pm

Username: cinxer
Clan: Roseclan
Prompt#2 response: Junipercloud found a strange thing that reminded him of starclan he thought it would look best on the fresh kill pile to give thanks hopefully no one mistakes it for food!
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me