Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

♡ -- prompt eleven

Postby faelyn » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:49 pm

username: faelyn
clan: the shore of dreams
prompt#11 response:
beyond her, a thousand fairytales were dancing, waiting to be fathomed. dreams with perfect endings.

her life wasn’t a fairytale. it was far from that. it had never been those stories told to children, that had perfect endings. she could remember, there would’ve been a time when she wished it was. but, after beautiful nights beneath the shivering stars and the silver tangle of ghosts in the sky, she finally understood.
finally understood why life would never be perfect and for that, she would be eternally grateful.

she had a new soul, now. had a heart with love to last a lifetime. that could blossom in the darkest of shadows
it was only once upon a dark dream that her world beneath the heavens would change.

prison was a nightmare that had come to life.
she could see him. from those eyes that glinted with light to the soft ivory that draped like feathers down his back. no. this couldn’t be happening. it was too real to be true.
but it was. the light of her entire world was locked behind bars. captivated in the shadow’s embrace.

if only, it was nothing more than a bad dream. but, empty wishes couldn’t change a thing.

in the blank canvas of silence, she heard her own cries. touched what felt like raindrops dancing her lashes. her chest ached for air. her lungs screamed in violent sobs.

she could hear only one word being repeated back to her in a mantra glinting with the sorrows of her heart.
no. no. no.

just thinking seemed like too much. the sting in her heart brought her to her knees, dropping down onto the steps of gleaming marble.
he was here. caged like a mere criminal. but, he wasn’t.
she knew that he wouldn’t have done such things.

they must have misunderstood. he was an angel and had a heart of pure gold. he couldn’t have done anything wrong. she knew that far better than anyone else as a duchess of the court.

his fate… it was all her fault.

all she could see were the stars that captivated the essence of gold and copper, kissing one another like a groom would do to his bride. she knew the sound all too well.
keys. beautiful stars that could change the fate of her groom.
and.. of herself.

her tears were like the embers, glowing and burning across her cheeks. she could hear him. hear his gentle pleas to leave him, forever. felt the troubled lyrics of her song as it was being known to the prince of her world.

she couldn’t leave him here.
not like this.

the prison bars danced out of place, like fawns bounding across meadows of soft aqua.
the light of her entire world was free.
but, paradise was still too faraway.

the screams of her mother were an orchestra of anger. of disappointment. it was all too much. another voice was laced within those shrieks, a cadenza of a terrible beauty. one that she could hardly believe was her own. those cries danced with agony, with a darkness that could never be tethered.

her eyes that held the beautiful shades of violet and flecks of gold were burning ever-so ardently, as the ivory of claws revealed an agony she had never known. an intense pain that sang a melody of scarlet blood.

the torture was more than she could’ve ever imagine.
at least , it was all for a purpose.

to keep her groom safe.
but, in the end, he was the one who saved her from dwelling in a dream that would never end.

that nightmare cost her everything.
her title of duchess.
her dignity.
yet, she regretted none of it. and she would do it again in a heartbeat. just for her beloved groom.

he was like the silver moths that danced down as a gift from the skies above.
perfect, and beautiful. and, he would forever be in her heart.

he was her moon in the darkest of nights.
and she would be his sun.
they would be the dynasty born from the stars.

butterflies pirouetted in her heart, a flutter that beautified the ache in her soul, stealing it away like a falling star. it crashed and burned into the shadows. lighting up her entire world with a bright gleam that hadn’t taken breath in reality. not yet at least.

his gentle touch was a symphony to her heart. stealing away the nightmares she would’ve never thought she would ever escape from.
maybe, wishes upon stars came true after all.

he was like an angel from the heavens above.
enchanting and alluring to her broken soul. a soul that was piecing itself back together.

“eostre?” her name on his lips was a beautiful lyric to his song. her nighttime musician. the one who cradled her in his arms when scarlet bloomed like a rose across her back. it was an omen of death. the rose, a symbol of a funeral that would be orchestrated…. for her.

only then had she seen it.
the blue adorned on her lashes. tears. but, of what? of sorrow? of joy? she had barely noticed their endless falls. their gentle tickles across her cheek. words were lost in a slow tango in her throat, dancing, spiralling with no end.

the canvas of silver was embellished with silence.

“it’s alright, love.” the bright sparkle in his eyes was so gentle. a glistening light that twinkled in those lapis eyes. just beyond her, she heard the symphony of elegant masquerades. an enchanting festival that she had always loved. “we-”

“no, it’s not like that, darling.” a wisp of a smile softened her lips as the beautiful laughter of royalty bloomed into reality. it was so familiar. the sweet aroma of roasting feasts and stuffed berries, it was tempting to welcome those memories of light-hearted dancing and alluring conversations. “i’ll always love the winter masquerades, but it’s time for me to leave all of it behind.”

“of course, eostre, i understand.” a kiss blossomed across her forehead, a beautiful promise of a love that was so sweet to her heart. “where shall we wander, tonight, love?”

“we’ll be saying our farewells to the palace. the shore and the seas are waiting for our arrival.”

(1049 words! <3 this prompt is told by eostre -> petal)
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: STARS catlander event prompts!

Postby Cinxer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 6:47 am

Username: cinxer
Clan: Roseclan
Prompt #11 response : (1,140 words)

"Silence!" The stern voice of krestelstar seemed to reverberate through the tunnels and send a shiver through every cat. There was no wind but they felt the cold sting in their hearts. The looks on each kits face was sorrowful and disheartened; all except for bubblepaw.
"You mean we cant do anything we normally do? No feast in the great hollow? No exchanging gifts? Why?" He asked in a voice that conveyed curiousity rather than a challenge.
Krestelstar gazed down at the blue ticked tom cat barely old enough to remember the years before. But for krestelstar the memories came flooding into her eyes like a dream she couldnt escape.
Krestelstar, then krestelflight the deputy of roseclan, was with poppystar, the two she-cats were frolliking and finding ways to make the other covered in snow. The two would then curl up together in poppystar's and share tongues. Poppystar trusted krestelstar the most out of any cat in the clan. Krestelstar not only trusted poppystar but she loved her leader. It was times like this she wished she could tell her. No that would be foolish. What if she didnt feel the same and things changed? Krestelstar wouldnt risk it.
The scene changed and the two were exchanging gifts. Poppystar gave krestelflight a nice piece of oak bark for her to sjarpen her claws. Krestelflight cherished that piece of wood and later when poppystar died put it on her grave. Krestelflight felt her fur growing hot with emberrasment as she pushed her gift to poppystar forward for inspection. Poppystar gasped. A flower. Wait not just any flower, a lily, poppystar's favorite flower. How was it alive in the middle of leaf bare? Krestelflight told poppystar about how she and the medicine cat snowbird had kept it warm and healthy in the medicine den. Poppystar kept the flower in her best after that.
Again the scene changed in the matter of a flicker.
Now krestelstar was staring at her clan, many of which were talking amungst themselves about the news that was shared. Krestelstar stood deathly still and listened to what they were saying. One thing came up the most in their conversations "why had krestelstar cancelled starmas?"
In all honesty krestelstar hadnt liked the holiday ever since she was an apprentice. To her it meant more work to do and cats giggling like pathetic kits being mischievious. It wasnt until poppystar had shown her the true meaning that she started liking it. Poppystar had not only shown her that starmas was meant to share thanks to the ancestors for all they had given to roseclan but that it was also a time to show other cats how much they really mean to you.
Krestelstar had been looking forward to starmas this year so that she could finally tell poppystar how she felt but the old leader was tragically taken from Krestelstar's paws. Krestelstar once again began to feel the bitterness that usually came around during this particular holiday. She could hardly bare the rhought of having starmas without poppystar. It just wouldnt be the same. Maybe that meant that things needed to change? After all she can't be the only cat in roseclan to dislike starmas.
Krestelstar finally decided that she had to get out of camp. She needed to clear her mind and figure out how to grieve without cats wondering why or thinking she was growing weak. Krestelstar snarled at the idea of her being weak.
"They dont know it but im the strongest cat in all of the territories!" She hissed to herself then felt shame creeping into her skin. Suddenly she felt like a kit again who had been scolded for trying to sneak out. Her paws dragging on the dirt path in front of her.
Krestelstar felt suffocated by the tunnel walls surrounding her, almost like they were getting closer. No, she shook her head, she had battled her feelings of clostraphobia all her life. That was one thing poppystar had always made better. By standing by her side she felt more safe and the tunells seemed less dark. But with her gone they seemed to want to swallow her whole.
The leader felt like it was all too much and ran through the tunnel till she reached the opening to the moore.
Now she stood looking out at the moore. Snow was falling softly onto the snow already on the ground climbing high as if it would lead right up to starclan. Krestelstar wished it would so she could see poppystar again. As if the old leader could hear her thoughts poppystar appeared over the peek of the mountain of snow. But she wasnt alone. No something small and white was with her and to t was moving towards her very quickly!
Krestelstar disnt have time to move before she felt the sting of the white object smacking into her face. It was a snowball. Krestelstar glared at poppystar but soon it faded into a laugh. She rushed up to great her old friend and was happy to smell her sweet scent again. Poppystar always smelled of oak sap for some odd reason, krestelstar found it comforting.
After several heartbeats poppystar looked at krestelstar with a frown.
"Whats wrong? Arent you happy to see me? I know im happy to see you again!" She purred. Poppystar shooke her head.
"You cancelled starmas. My favorite holiday. Just because im dead doesnt mean i wouldnt want roseclan to celebrate it. After all" her words were cut off as she brushed up against krestelstar
"Starmas celebrates all ancesters so in a way you would also be celebrating my life."
Krestelstar felt hot shame flushing through her. She hadnt thought about it like that. But if she changed her mind now what would her clanmates think? That she was indecisive or not serious about the things she called meetings for. Krestelstar looked at her paws not knowing what to do.
Poppystar stared at her and gave her cheek a lick.
"I know how you are feeling and its ok. Whatever you decide i wont be angry."
Krestelstar looked up at the starry figure in front of her and took a deep breath.
"Poppystar I...I have to tell you something." The words caught in her throat like a tough piece of prey. Poppystar waited patiently.
"I...I...im glad you came to visit me." She meowed finally.
Poppystar looked disapointed. She had been expecting more and knew that that wasn't what krestelstar wanted to say. Still she would leave it be.
"Of course my friend. Always. I must go now though". As she spoke her frame became more and more ghostly until she had disapeared completely.
Krestelstar didnt know how to feel anymore and decided it would be best to go home and try to sleep off all the crazyness going on.
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:33 am

Day 11 prompt has officially ended! Prompt #12 is up! Your rewards will be shown on the first page.

Those who wrote 100 or more words were given 10EXp for the attempt. Any with less than that were not included in the rewards :(
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:29 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Clan: Shoreclan

Prompt #12

Tigershine loves everything about Christmas. Although it doesn't snow often on the beach where the camp of Shoreclan rests, there can be some snowfall in the territory. In his own words, he enjoys "walking through a winter wonderland". That only somewhat applies to the scenery during leaf-bare.

He also enjoys spending time with family, friends, and loved ones. However, that leads to the point of what his least favorite thing about Christmas is - not having a suitor, boyfriend, or mate doting on him.

On this particular day, Tigershine was walking through the forest and grumbling to himself. There was snow on the ground and in the trees, but that did nothing to lighten his spirits. He was almost sure that nothing would make him happy... except for that one problem he was having. Tigershine doesn't like to admit when he might have feelings for a tom. The other cat has to be the one to confess to him. On top of that, they always have to bring him a flower. So that technically caused two problems - a tom that can actually confess their feelings and a flower that grows in the leaf-bare. It was very frustrating.

"How am I supposed to find a stupid flower with all of this snow? I mean... how is a tom supposed to find a stupid flower to give to me with all of this snow?" Tigershine hissed to himself. For effect, he kicked at a pile of snow against a tree. Immediately afterward, he regretted the action and shook his front paw.

Shivering, he licked his paw and continued his walk. Despite all of his fur, a chill had sunk into him. Tigershine ruffled his fur and walked faster in hopes of warming himself up.

The other major problem was there was a tom that was almost perfect for him, and maybe Tigershine was falling in love. But his romantic routine couldn't be broken, and he didn't want to confess since it would hinder his pride. He was a very prideful cat, for sure. It would take a lot out of him to get a confession, and he doubted he ever would.

He shook his thoughts about himself aside and let his mind wander to the tom he was interested in. His name was Streambrook, and he had joined the clan 2 or 3 moons ago. The poor tom had to remain an apprentice despite being much older, and Tigershine often teased him since he had just become a warrior. The two cats were the same age, but Streambrook had to go through much more training and learn how to be a member of Shoreclan. Eventually, he succeeded and now the two are warriors together.

Well, not completely together. Sure, they're very close friends. But not as close as Tigershine would like. Not like he would ever be the one to confess. That just wasn't logical.

Suddenly, fast pawsteps hurried to catch up to him from behind. Tigershine's ears perked up, and he glanced over his shoulder to see who was approaching. It was Streambrook, who had a large grin on his face and a gleam in his eyes. He was very handsome when he smiled so wide.

"Hey, Tigershine! Stormswirl told me where you were. What are you doing walking alone?" he asked as he sidled up to him. Their fur brushed against each other, and Tigershine's ears grew hot very quickly.

Tigershine didn't bother to move away from the other tom, but he shrugged nonchalantly. "Oh, I figured I would just collect my thoughts. Besides, I'm not alone now. How come you wanted to find me?" There was slight flirtation in his tone with the second statement, but he wasn't sure if Streambrook would pick up on that.

"Maybe I didn't want to be alone. And I'm sure you don't either," Streambrook murmured. His expression was almost like he could read Tigershine's mind.

Tigershine gulped at the thought of that... and then tried to shield his thoughts. He shouldn't try to seem weak in front of his friend... and his romantic interest. Who was he kidding? There was no way in the Dark Forest that Streambrook would ever reciprocate those feelings.

"Actually, I wanted to tell you something," Streambrook continued, breaking the silence. Had Tigershine been quiet for that long? It didn't matter now.

He mustered up a response. "Oh, really? And what would that be?" he asked and cocked his head to one side. Streambrook had broken off eye contact and was staring straight ahead as they walked. Had Tigershine said something wrong? Maybe he no longer wanted to be friends...

They came to a clearing with large trees. Their branches drooped with the weight of the snow, but luckily none of it threatened to fall on the cats. Streambrook found a place under the tree where it was clear of snow and settled down, beckoning Tigershine to join him. The orange tom obliged, sitting down next to his friend and swallowing nervously. His heart was beating fast in his chest, anxiety taking over him.

"Tigershine... I've been meaning to tell you this for a long time. Actually, since I arrived in Shoreclan. You were the first cat to show me kindness, in your odd teasing way. But I appreciated the welcome you gave me, and you made me feel like I had a family."

The orange tom blinked and waited for Streambrook to continue. Where was he going with this? Oh, no... was he trying to say that he loved Tigershine like a brother? That was almost more terrible than just being seen as a friend or not wanting to be friends at all. He almost gagged at the thought.

"Anyways... I guess what I'm trying to say is... from the first moment I laid eyes on you, I knew that you were the one. You're the one I want to be with forever. And I know about your whole flower thing after watching so many others try. But I have no flowers to offer. I just hope... I hope that you'll accept my words instead. My full confession. I hope that can be enough. I want to be enough for you," Streambrook concluded. It was a long stream of words that came out of his mouth.

Tigershine was still silent. The words had to settle in his mind, and he had to make sense of them. Streambrook had feelings for him? Romantic feelings? And he had been feeling them since they had first met?

"I love you," Tigershine suddenly blurted out.

(1,092 words)
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:08 am

Username: Coraly
Clan: FoxClan
Prompt#12 response:

“You know what, I think mom was lying.” Said a voice in the dark.

A surprised gasp came from another voice, “How dare you, Se! Mom would never lie! Especially not to us!” The kit turned away from the one who had made that comment.

“Well, Maple, then where are these cats Mom wanted us to find, huh?” The kit, Se, stared at the other kit, Maple, to question her words. “Huh?

Maple made a face, but it was not she who answered, “It’s Christmas! Se, Maple, please, stop it! Remember, it’s the day of peace and joy! Be jolly!!”

Then the two arguing she-kits turned their anger on the other. “Well, Cacao, how can we be jolly when we are stuck in a cold cave and snow is pilling up outside? Huh?”

Cacao, the only tom-kit, shrunk back and stayed quiet. His sisters were very intimidating.

It continued that way until they spotted two figures outside. They were talking, but the kits could barely hear the two cats words.

Maple decided to speak up. “Hey! Hey! Hello? Please help us!”

The voice of reason, Se, shushed her older sister, “How do we know if they’re the cats Mom wanted to find us? They could be bad cats.” Maple scoffed.

The two cats outside pushed through the chilly snow and made their way in. “Hello? Who’s in here?” It was a gentle voice, a she-cat.

To the kits, she reminded them of their mother, and they then felt calmer. “Hi.” Maple mewed, “Do you know Mom? Are you the ones she said would find us? She said that one of them would be named Trick. Is that you?”

The she-cat looked at the other, a mixed expression on her face. “We don’t know a-” She was cut off.

The other spoke, “Yes we do, he was an old friend of mine,” The tom walked forwards into the light, “..he died.. a while back.”

The kits looked at each other. “What are your names?” Cacao mewed. “Will you help us? It’s Christmas.” The she-cat looked confused. “The time of help and joyfulness, right?” The kit turned its head at the two adults.

The tom chuckled. “You know how long it’s been since I’ve heard the word ‘Christmas’? Moons. And yes, little kit, you are right. The time of help and joyfulness. I am Foxstar, and this is Robin’s Cry.” Foxstar gestured to the fire pelted she-cat next to him, who was still pondering the name ‘Christmas.’ “We are part of a group called FoxClan. We can shelter you until your mom comes back. What is her name?”

The kit, Cacao smiled gleefully, and was about to speak if not for Maple. “We will come with you! Mom’s name was Shea.”

Foxstar looked puzzled. He shook his head and said, “Robin’s Cry, can you carry one of them on your back? I can take two. And what are your names?”

The kits answered one after the other, “Maple!” “Se!” “Cacao!”

Robin’s Cry smiled at them, then looked to Foxstar and nodded.

After scrambling to get all of the kits on their back, the five set off to FoxClan camp.

“So what’s this thing called Christmas?” Robin’s Cry asked to the kits and Foxstar.

Everyone else in the little parade stared at her dumbfounded.

“You don’t know what Christmas is?” The kits replied in unison. Foxstar chuckled.

“Who would like to explain?” Foxstar asked, directing the question at the kits.

“Me!” Said Cacao first, the other after him, chanting a chorus of “Me!” “Me!” “Me!”

Both of the adults burst out laughing. Kits were the funniest little things. They always made people laugh.

Cacao immediately after launched into an explanation of Christmas.

“Cats give gifts to each other! It always happens in leaf-bare - when the snow is falling! That’s my favorite part. It’s the time to be happy and celebrate the end of the year! We haven’t actually had a Christmas yet, but Mom has been explaining it to us all year! It sounds sooo fun! I can’t wait!”

Maple added, “I don’t really like the snow, it’s wayyyy too cold. Though the gifts and presents sound great!!” She started bouncing on Robin’s Cry’s back, “And the music!! Mom said that it sounded wonderful. It put you in a wonderland of joy, though sometimes the twolegs play it too loud..”

“Everything about it sounds fun!” Se added, “And I can’t wait to build a snow cat! Mom said she used to build a bunch when she was little, I want to make one just like her!” Robin’s Cry smiled bittersweetly. She was sure Foxstar was thinking the same thing as her. Why did the kits mother leave them?

“No doubt you will. Do you have any idea where she went?” The healer mewed gently, “And this Christmas sounds nice, is it coming up soon? The year is almost over.”

The kits nodded enthusiastically. But Cacao frowned.

“Mom.. she just said to wait for the cats that would find us. She was worried...” Cacao but his lip. He was trying to piece everything together. It seemed his conclusion was a bad aspect for the poor little kit. “..about something. I don’t know what..”

“But she’s coming back!” Maple piped, then looked frantically around to Se and Cacao, “Right...?”

Se and Cacao were about to reply. But Foxstar cut them off, “You’re safe with us, until your mother comes back, FoxClan will take care of you.” He said confidently, trying to chase away the dark mood that had sweeped over the kits. “And we have food there, have you guys ever tasted a mouse before?”

None of the kits answered his question. It seemed they didn’t pay attention.

Se whispered to Cacao and Maple, “But.. what if she never comes back..” All of them then gasped and turned away, obviously scared. Of what, was the question.

The rest of the walk was eireely silent. Deathly silent, not even a breath was heard by the cats.

[ 1000 words ]
Last edited by beebun on Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:03 am

Username: bmkmb
Clan: CaladiumClan
Prompt #12:
"I despise how the kittens immerse themselves in snow. The apprentices however... they dread the leafbare season because they know I am bound to test them. The fear in their eyes when I approach is glorious."
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:52 am

Day 12 prompt has officially ended! Prompt #13 is up! Your rewards will be shown on the first page.

Those who wrote 100 or more words were given 10EXp for the attempt. Any with less than that were not included in the rewards :(
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:29 am

Username: SilentMelody
    Clan: Shoreclan

Prompt #13

Ripplepaw and Gingerpaw were talking with each other in the clearing of the camp. They were discussing some battle moves with each other and debating whether they wanted to ask their mentors to train together again. Lately, the two cats had been doing that very often.

Suddenly, a gust of wind swept through the camp along with... snow? It never snowed on the beach. Ripplepaw glanced over at his fellow apprentice with confusion, his eyes narrowed.

Gingerpaw simply shrugged, also unsure of what was going on. The snow flew towards them, blurring their vision. Everything became a world of white. After a while, the snow died down and settled to the shore. Other cats began walking out of the sandy dens, murmuring in surprise.

At the entrance of the camp, a white figure was approaching Ripplepaw and Gingerpaw. For a moment, they thought it was simply a white cat entering into Shoreclan. When the cat got closer, they realized that this was not the case.

The cat was made entirely of snow. "Do you believe in magic?" the snowcat murmured, the sun glinting off the compacted snow that made up their body. It was a wonder that they even managed to stay together. Perhaps it was magic after all... had Starclan done this?

"I do now," Ripplepaw amended.

(219 words)
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:25 am

Username: bmkmb
Clan: CaladiumClan
Prompt #13:
"It doesn't look like a true cat, but it's not running away or attacking... Condorstar, what is that?"
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:16 am

Day 13 prompt has officially ended! Prompt #14 is up! Your rewards will be shown on the first page.

Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me