Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby SilentMelody » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:39 am

Shoreclan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received

In the first part of their patrol, Embersnow managed to catch a salmon and Blueberrynose praised her friend. A few moments later, a strange object caught their eye and the blue tortie wondered aloud what was on the ground. "I'm not sure, but it doesn't hurt to bring it with us. Maybe one of the others will know what it is," Embersnow offered. Blueberrynose graciously carried the salmon in her jaws while the other she-cat picked up the object.

When they returned to the patrol, Tigershine had a rabbit and he was struggling to hold it up. Streambrook was at his side and offering help, but the prideful tom refused.

A while after the patrol was gathered, they had continued through the forest when suddenly Tempestslash stopped in her tracks. Her tail lashed from side to side. There was the scent of rogues in the air, and the thought infuriated her despite Shellstar's peaceful claims and openness towards outsiders. Despite the leader's thoughts, it wasn't right to let strange cats traipse through their territory. "Judging by the scent, they must have crossed the border only an hour or so ago. They can't be far from us now," Tempestslash reported to the others.

It was up to Tempestslash to decide. "Well, let's confront the trespassing rogues."
[ 215 words ]

--cats on patrol
Tempestslash | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Embersnow | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Blueberrynose | HP 100% | HUP 40% | Sick: No
Tigershine | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: No
Streambrook | HP 100% | HUP 20% | Sick: No

--level 3
experience: 289/400

-- active quests:
none

-- prey inventory
eagle | 5 FP | x1
mouse | 1 FP | x2
rabbit | 4 FP | x3
salmon | 2 FP | x1
scraps | 1 FP | x2
shrew | 2 FP | x2

--items in inventory used
none
--herb inventory
alder bark | eases toothaches | x1
bindweed | binds sticks | x1
broom | used in poultices | x1
cobweb | stops bleeding | x2
coltsfoot | eases breathing | x1
deadly nightshade | poison | x1
deathberries | poison | x1
holly berries | poison | x1
lovage | helps cure coughs | x1
mint | hides death scent | x1
rush | binds broken bones | x1
sorrel | traveling herb | x1
stinging nettle | reduces swelling | x1
tansy | helps cure coughs | x1
wild garlic | extracts poison | x1
willow bark | eases pain | x1
yarrow | extracts poison | x1
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:11 am

xxxImage

Even though Egg has been making progress with the chickens (Toast and Cinnamonstick were ecstatic over the opportunity to get creative with the chicken eggs when the healer first brought the birds home), Moonclan still has a lot of mouths to feed. As Lead Hunter (and also a member of the Council), Minnowstrike has a lot of responsibility- its her job to make sure hunting patrols go out and are successful often enough to keep Moonclan fed, and ideally, with enough left over for the stores to stay stocked as well.

At the moment, the blue-golden tabby finds herself in the Cooking Nook. The icebox needs refreshing, and everyone knows Minnowstrike likes helping out in the kitchens when possible, if only to visit Cinnamonstick. Minnow stands in the small cave-room they call the icebox, running her paws over the slick ice walls and the chunks of ice that keeps the meats and foods cold and fresh for days, sometimes weeks when frozen in the colder side of the icebox. As she touches the ice, it refreezes itself again in swirls of frost, the cold air chilling even further. Minnowstrike steps back as she finishes her work, confident that should be good for another several days, at the very least.

Cinnamonstick sticks her head into the icebox, purring softly at the sight of Minnowstrike. “Minnow, will you come here?” She asks, and the hunter nods, giving Cinnamon an affectionate nuzzle before following her into the main cooking nook. “Is there a hunting patrol out right now?” The cinnamon tabby continues, as the two come to a stop near the fire. Toast is a little ways away, tending to the flames.

“No, but Emberhaze volunteered to go out with the next patrol, and Mothroot said she was itching to do a little hunting. I was going to put them with Ferntail and Acornear, I think. Why?”

Cinnamonstick grins, pulling Minnowstrike to her feet and heading toward the entrance, “Perfect! Come on, I haven’t been hunting in too long, and I want to find some rosemary for tonight’s meal. We’re almost out. Toast can keep up the Cooknook while we’re out!”

Minnowstrike laughs, letting herself be pulled along. “Alright, sure, we can go out on patrol. Let me grab Emberhaze and Mothroot though, the extra paws never hurt.”

Cinnamonstick waits by the entrance to the camp, making smalltalk with Dawncry, who was lounging with Cricketsong on some of the stones. Minnowstrike heads off into the camp to find the guard and builder.

Emberhaze is near the pool, seemingly listening to Milkshine animatedly tell a story about something or other. “Emberhaze, you still want to go on a hunting patrol?” The lead hunter asks when she reaches them, as Milkshine stops to take a breath between his words.

The flame point in question nods quickly, giving Milkshine a small shrug, “Tell me the rest later, Boba.” He says quietly, turning to Minnowstrike with a slight look of relief.

Minnowstrike snorts, giving the messenger a wave as the two leave him by the pool. “Go find Cinnamonstick- she’s coming with, should be by the entrance. Mothroot wanted to come too, we’ll meet you by the entrance in a moment.” The guard nods, going to follow her instructions.

Mothroot is found in her nook, absentmindedly stretching and reshaping a small stone between her paws. The lilac tabby looks up as Minnowstrike approaches, and gets up with a small grin, ready to stretch her legs. “Patrol time?” The older cat asks.

Minnowstrike hums in affirmation. “Mhm! Cinnamonstick and Emberhaze are waiting by the entrance, and I’ll be joining you three.” Mothroot nods, and the two head back to the entrance.

Cinnamonstick and Emberhaze greet them. “Where are we headin, boss?” Mothroot meows, looking at Minnowstrike as the group makes their way out into the morning sun.

“Just down into the forest, maybe stop by the lake.” Minnow replies, taking the lead. She looks back behind her at the group, pausing for a moment, then chuckles. “I really am the only hunter on this hunting patrol, huh?”

Cinnamonstick just laughs, catching up to bump shoulders with her. “Aw, hey, that just means you can show off while the rest of us watch in awe as you catch fish with your bare paws, yeah?” Minnow chuckles, shaking her head.

Behind the two, Emberhaze rolls his eyes at Mothroot- the lilac molly shoots him a mild glare, swatting the larger cat with her tail. They fall into companionable silence as they follow Cinnamonstick and Minnowstrike, the former talking to her mate about the latest soup recipe Toast wanted to try, while the latter just listens fondly.

[ 776 words ]

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

--𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚕 𝟸
      experience >> 105/300
      xxxxxxxx
      --𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚜
      n/a
      xxxxxxxx
      --𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍
      >> bug (1fp) x1 eaten by Minnowstrike
      >> bug (1fp) x1 eaten by Shadowstep
      >> mouse (2fp) x1 eaten by Dawncry
      >> mouse (2fp) x1 shared by Egg and Silverpool
      >> shrew (2fp) x1 eaten by Berrysnap

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

--𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢
      >> bug | 1fp | x2
      >> mouse | 2fp | x2
      >> shrew | 2fp | x2
      >> rabbit | 3fp | x1
      xxxxxxxxxxxx
      --𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚋 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎
      >> cobwebs | x1 | soaks up and stops/slows bleeding
      >> death berries | x1 | kills a cat within minutes when consumed
      >> raspberry leaves | x1 | eases pain or stops bleeding
      >> water hemlock | x1 | causes writhing, pain, and foaming at the mouth
      >> willowbark | x2 | eases pain

--𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜
      >> please like fhjhsd disregard most things in my previous explores/replies-
      i have since revamped a lot abt moonclan, including giving them elemental magic!!
      >> food is being eaten like. in the downtime between my old replies and now? i just
      kinda want to restart and make sure those cats i explored w before arent hungry rn ^^;;
      >> i gained 20xp from the prompt board! (85 >> 105)
      xxxx
      --𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚜
      my prey and predator list is here!

--𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑 𝚘𝚙𝚝-𝚒𝚗
      yes, i am currently opted in for death!
      >> post here

Last edited by allynabean on Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[019.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:37 pm

SCORCHCLAN !
    user + clan link: chanceuxcat + clan archive
    responding to: chanceuxcat's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+50XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+4XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found, +2XP for item found
    The forest was enchanting.

It was like being caught in the stars, taken for a breath’s pause to an ephemeral existence. The emerald needles overhead dripped with dew, scintillating a dozen shades of colors as the breeze fluttered through. Contrasted with the deep russet of the towering trees, it was perfect.

They spun in a circle, breathing in deeply. Each groove, notch and scratch tingled with promises of stories left untold. Of mysteries. Including the pressing mystery of those flame cats, wielders of flame and ash, unscathed by choking fumes of smoke.

Thunk.

“Hey!” They glanced up, ears flattening against their head as an acorn bounced off the small of their back, disappearing into the ferns.

Their eyes found the bushy tail of a chittering creature. Was it that same squirrel from earlier? The one they’d… attempted to hunt. They huffed, shaking their head as the squirrel raised a small fist from its position in the tree. It skittered about, darting around a long branch, peering down with narrowed eyes.

Talk about a rude awakening.

Caramel’s gaze lowered a touch. Maybe they could climb? It didn’t hurt to make a second attempt, especially since that little critter was daring them to. They ventured closer to the base of the tree. Their paws brushed against its twisted roots, slithering from the ground.

A soft squeal ruptured.

Huh?

At their paws, a dark-furred mouse strained to escape, its thin tail caught underneath a certain paw. Theirs. They slammed a paw down, hooking their claws around the rodent. (+2FP mouse)

Gathering the mouse in their jaws, they risked a glance up. The squirrel had vanished. In its place, a cardinal, crowned with a tuft of feathers in the darkest hues of vermillion.

A lone feather drifted down, emitting a soft glow as it touched their nose. For a moment, faint etchings, ancient symbols, unfolded, glowing a rosy hue, before vanishing in a blink of an eye. (+1 uncommon edit!)

The feather danced with the winds, dipping and twirling, before settling between two… plants. One brimming with blossoms cloaked in scarlet. And another with sharp, pointed leaves.

Caramel stepped close to the two plants, cocking their head. Maybe those could be of use. (+1 poppy seeds, +1 lovage)

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (two free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ caramel (0% hunger)

xx+80XP → level 0 (80/100XP)
    xx+2FP mouse
    xx+1 lovage, +1 poppy seeds
    xx+1 uncommon edit

notes; n/a, but welcome to explore! caramel's attempts at hunting is absolutely precious, ahh! <3

──────────────────────────────────────────────────

HAVENCLAN !
    Shingle beach.

A place riddled with stones, pebbles, and well… more stones. Mountains of them. Countless rocks, some smooth, others jagged, some big, others small ━ all a part of a spectrum of pale, diluted colors. Even the waves had to be tired of all the stones strewn across the beach. Why else would they hiss as they lapped at the tawny shores?

Sprucefrost lobbed a small, grey pebble at Musselnacre, smothering a laugh as the cat’s head whipped around. They hid a wide grin as the other returned the gesture, sending the same pebble flying back.

“Lamprey.” Larchmist pointed a nose ahead to a large cluster of rocks. Snagged in between, a long, slick creature squirmed, trying to wrench itself from the rocks. A small spray of water shot up, sending droplets in the air.

“I’ll shadow you,” she murmured, offering an encouraging nod. “Go.”

This was their chance! Their jaws parted as they waded into waters, letting the cool waters tug around their ankles. Signalling the other cat to the front with a flick of their tail, they ventured close.

The lamprey flopped around, splashing with a certain intensity. In the sunlight, dark blue-grey speckles flecked its back, almost like stormy seas. Its struggles faded as a swift paw sliced through the waters. (+3FP lamprey)

Musselnacre scooped the long, eel-like creature in his jaws, holding it firmly in-place.

“Nice! Let’s take it to Larchmist!” Sprucefrost waded out of the waters, nudging the other cat with their nose. Their claws sunk into the sand as they ambled out, darting over the rocks. “Hey, Larchmist! We━”

A sharp twinge shot through their paw.

They yelped, stumbling. Colors swarmed, shadows flickering as the world spun. Their paw twisted, landing awkwardly as they fumbled for balance.

A quick, steady shoulder against theirs brought the world to a firm standstill. Musselnacre.

The other cat’s head tilted. “You good?”

“Huh, well…” They brought a forepaw up. A small, hardy creature clung to their paw, dangling on by its pinchers. Their head cocked. “Yeah! Just a small crab.” (+1FP crab)

Sprucefrost set their paw down, hiding a wince. They must have… sprained it or something. (-4% health for sprucefrost ━ no herbs or rest needed for them to return to patrol!)

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ larchmist (10% hunger), musselnacre (10% hunger), sprucefrost (10% hunger)

xxprevious patrol (fed 2FP vole!)
    xxxx↳ hawkstar (0% hunger), lichenstep (0% hunger)

xx-4% health for sprucefrost
    xxxx↳ sprucefrost (96% health)

xx+74XP → level 2 (82/300XP)
    xx+3FP lamprey, +1FP crab

notes; n/a! <3

Last edited by Vivika on Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:03 pm

I want to risk death!
      Username: Mythz
      Clan link: xx
      I'm picking my own!
      new prey: xx
      new predators:xx
      Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Yes (already been done)

♬ 𝄞『 HE TRIBE OF FALLEN SONGS 』𝄞 ♬
previous post 『 』previous reply
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Many moons passed and, slowly, the Tribe grew. Seasons passed, kits were born, apprentices became fully-fledged
      members. However, amongst all this change, day to day life continued for the members of the Tribe.
      “My paws hurt!” Complained Finch, who paused and sat down.
      Robin sighed but tried to sound peppy for the young cat. “Come on Finch, we’ve barely even started! Remember,
      you told Sunny you were big enough for patrols.”
      They had a full team that day – three huntsman, one guard, one songwriter, and of course, Finch.
      “I know, but that was before I found out how far we had to go!” Finch grumbled, dramatically flopping onto her
      back and splaying out her legs.
      Owl chuckled light-heartedly as he browsed the sandy shore for anything medicinal. Today the team had decided to
      head along Sanddollar shore to the Twisted Streams, then swing down by Pawprint Island before heading back to
      Headquarters.
      “Don’t worry,” Atticus piped up. “I’ll carry you.”
      The small she-cat perked up at this and jumped to her paws. Sparrow and Thrush shared an all-knowing look as they
      watched the kit climb onto the larger tomcat’s back. They all knew Tick was fond of the little she-cat – she was like
      a daughter to him – and he would do anything to keep her comfortable.
      “Let’s get going then!”

『 220 words 』

CATS ON PATROL

SPARROW
      HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
      HE/HIM
      ROBIN
      HE/HIM
      OWL
      HE/HIM
      THRUSH
      SHE/HER
      TICK
      HE/HIM
      FINCH
      SHE/HER

LEVEL - 1
      EXP- 『152/200』
      xxxxxxxxxxx
      ACTIVE QUEST
      none
      xxxxxxxxxxITEMS IN INVENTORY USED
      xxxxxxxxxxxxx none

INVENTORY

PREY ITEMS
      Scraps | 1 FP | x0
      Mouse | 2 FP | x3
      Thrush | 2 FP | x1
      prey | 3 FP | x0
      European Hare | 4 FP | x1

HERBS AND USES
      Rush | Bind Broken Limbs | x1
      Dock | Soothes Scratches | x1
      Borage Leaves | Fevers | x3
      Tormentil | Wounds/Poison | x2
      Wild Garlic | Poison/Infection | x1
      Watermint| Bellyache | x1
      Lavender | Fevers/Chills/Burns | x1
      Stick| Stabiliser | x1
      Chervil| Infections/Bellyache | x1
      Foxglove Seeds | Death | x1

PREY AND
    PREDATOR
    here is a list of all the prey items +
    predators located near the tribe!

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:08 am

The fox was only a few tail lengths in front of them, seemingly protective of whatever it held in it’s jaws. It dropped what it held, only to snarl at the two cats, taking another step closer. Peachcrown’s heart hammered in her chest, forcing herself to unsheath her claws and hiss back in anger. She wouldn’t let the fox hurt Squirrelpaw, and she wouldn’t let this fox stick around! But the fox seemed to tense, not expecting the cat to seem to want to fight back. Squirrelpaw’s pelt quivered, but she put on her bravest face, holding her head high. “Get away you silly fox!” She yowled, hair standing on end.

The fox decided messing with the felines wasn’t worth it, eyeing their sharp claws, and the possibility of deep wounds that could easily be avoided. The fox turned and fled the territory, it’s tail soon disappearing through the trees.

Peachcrown sighed with heavy relief, her shoulders sagging as she looked back at Squirrelpaw. “Yeah you get away, fox! Go pick on someone your own size!” She howled. Peachcrown couldn’t help but slightly chuckle, trying to push away the idea that if the fox had chosen to attack, it could’ve been fatal. But she admired Squirrelpaw’s courage, despite her being afraid.

“Good job, Squirrelpaw,” She said softly, moving forward to figure out what the fox dropped from it’s jaws earlier on. “Hey, that fox left it’s mouse behind. More food for us.” Peachcrown said happily, gesturing towards the mouse. Squirrelpaw hurried forward to carry it in her jaws, “That fox sure was silly, leaving his prey behind!” She said with a grin.

[ +2 FP (Mouse), +2 XP ]

The two began to make their way back home, and Peachcrown couldn’t help but notice the continued excitement in Squirrelpaw’s gaze. She was sure the young apprentice was excited to tell the rest of Oceanclan about the fox.

Peachcrown paused as she caught a scent in the air. “Wait here, Squirrelpaw.” She said, before moving off to the right, spotting some scraps. Perhaps it was something the fox had been eating earlier? Nonetheless, it was food. But before she picked up the scraps, something else glinted in the sun. Berries. Deathberries. She knew them well from her kithood, being taught about their danger. Better to take them and bring them somewhere proper before any accidents are made. She picked them up with the scraps in her jaws, being especially careful with the berries, before making her way back to the excited apprentice.

Peachcrown soon took the lead again, Squirrelpaw following behind her with jaws full of prey, eyes full of enthusiasm.

[+1 FP (Scraps), +1 Deathberries, +2 XP ]

[ +15 XP for 108 Words Written ]
[ +10 XP for Patrol Sent ]
[ +10% Hunger for Squirrelpaw and Peachcrown ]
[ Peachcrown consumed 4FP of Rabbit and is now at 0% HUP ]

Total:
[ +29 XP, +2 FP (Mouse), +1 FP (Scraps), +1 Deathberries ]

Level 4 (442/500) —> Level 4 (471/500)

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── explore replies !! ))

Postby faelyn » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:11 am

┌───────────────────────────────────┐

if only, he could disappear. vanish.. before reappearing at a place far from here.
    but… the apprentice could only wish. he could wish and wish.. wish upon millions stars, even. but, this… it was something he
    could never have. not now.

perhaps.. not ever. he could never disappear.

reality was embellished with the tang of decay.. a suffocating stench that drowned out the floral perfumes of summer. an
    aroma that he cherished, but was now snatched away, like a falling star in the night.

he couldn’t wish away the heaviness that blossomed in his heart. a poison that forced him to wither inside, like a rose cursed
    by a sorceress. whose rosy petals had become one with the shadows and fallen to an entire world below.

his heart skipped a beat.

“relax, crowpaw.”

gentle in the depths of the tense hush that had fallen over the patrol, his mentor’s voice was soft in his ears. like the calm
    of the storm. “it’s going to be alright.. i’m sure of it. you know, badgers aren’t as bad as you think.”

“y-yeah. i know.” fumbling with words, the calm in his mentor’s voice hadn’t seeped into his own, leaving him breathless.
    utterly breathless. “i’m not scared.. not anymore.”

well.. that wasn’t very convincing. definitely not convincing.

it was if a cloud of smoke had come.. a billowing shadow that had come to muddle his thoughts. a thief that had come to
    steal away whatever composure he had left.

it was impossible to think.. to breathe even as if he was choking on thin air. “i just- actually nevermind... pretend i never
    said anything. i-”

it was only then that he heard it. no- her.

saltwater. the apprentice could hear her all too well. her shrieks were a ballad.. one that chilled his heart until it was
    nothing more than a piece of ice. one that was frozen in his chest.

the badger.. was it-

it was far too much..
    pastel curls gleamed in the dwindling glow of the sun. thrashing. saltwater’s plea for help.. he wanted to answer it.
    should’ve answered it. but, his reality was frozen. a winter that would last forever.

he was a statue.
    tawny curls wild, his eyes fluttered back and forth, like a dove falling from the heavens. just back and forth. a rhythm. a
    steady one.

he couldn’t move. couldn’t join his mentor and the deputy as they leaped forward, with a grace beyond anything he had
    ever seen. if only, he could’ve done the same.

they were bold. unafraid.
    two things he could never be.. or at least, not now. not when he was needed most.

because this beast was huge.
    a giant cloaked in shades of black and white. it was a demon and an angel all at once. a fallen angel rather. its ivory claws
    clicking against the earth with soft thuds.

he was terrified.
    and his eyes fluttered shut.

“crowpaw?”
    “what’s wrong with him?”
    “is he hurt?”

he was none of those things. just.. a lot of other things.

terrified.
    hysterical.
    frightened.
    and.. embarrassed. so, so embarrassed.

reality flooded back in ribbons of light.

“n-no.. i- i’m fine.” straightening, he could barely remember what happened after… after he closed his eyes. after
    he shut out the world. “saltwater! is she alright?”

“i’m right here, silly.” the dream healer shook out her fur, pastel curls unravelling along with a couple fronds of leaves.
    “i’m alright, just a bit startled, i guess i didn’t expect a badger to jump me. i did get some herbs though!”
    (+1 horsetail, +1 exp)

“what happened there, sport?” the usual grin that curled upon his mentor’s lips was lost… lost in a world of concern. “it isn’t
    like you to freeze up like that.”

“i’m sorry.” tracing a delicate blade of grass that wavered beneath his paws, he glanced up at his mentor, head hung.
    ‘i don’t know what got into me. i-”

“it’s alright, crowpaw.” a gentle paw was placed atop of his own, and eyes, the shade of the earth, softened as the apprentice
    looked away. unable to hold his mentor’s gaze. “no one was hurt, don’t beat yourself up. alright?”

“yes, oakspeck.”

---------------------

+15 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    +5 exp for predator battle!
    +10% hunger for saltwater, ghostfeather, oakspeck and crowpaw!

totals;;
    +31 exp gained // +10% hunger for saltwater, ghostfeather, oakspeck and crowpaw // +0fp // +1 horsetail // level 1 (11/200) ->
    level 1 (42/200)

└───────────────────────────────────┘
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ┌───────────────────────────────────┐

the falling showers were like the lyrics to a gentle song. a thousand lullabies strung together.. something so fragile, it might
    shatter if it ever encountered a voice louder than it’s own.

it was almost like pillar was dreaming.

but, dreams.. they were strange. were they a figment of one’s imaginations? a rose grown from memories, blossoming to the
    tempo of where a heart would like to go? or were they isions sent from the stars… messages written by the angels that watched
    over them every passing hour. beings that had once danced across these very grounds?

he would never know. not now… not while his heart still sang a song in his chest.
    but one day… just one day, he would. he would soar among the stars and seek answers to all his questions. questions that he
    would always ponder over.

but, for now.. this would have to do.
    the soft melody of rain spiraling down from the heavens above was almost magical. a type of music that was so serene in a
    world of so much darkness.

it was not so long ago that rhythm had gone off on his own.

he had heard him leave.. the tom’s blithe presence ebbing away, leaving him alone in the storm. pillar had remembered the
    tom's words.. every single syllable strung together like a silver chain.

“well then… i think we should split up. the storm’s getting worse. i think we’d get prey / herbs much faster then.”

rhythm wasn’t wrong.

the gentle aura of the falling rain was severed.. its soft patter laced with the roar of thunder. the storm was getting worse.
    rhythm was clever that way.

adorned within the clap of a rising storm, a soft croak joining into the chorus.. far from lovely, but pillar recognized the strident
    symphony. a frog. this creature was the maestro of a rather strange song… a cadence that didn’t match with neither the rain or
    the storm.
    (+1fp [frog], +1 (x2) exp]

“nice catch!” ah, he’s back. shivering a little, pillar swiveled around to the swish of drenched curls. rhythm certainly got a bath
    of his own. “you were lucky! the weather is absolutely terrible for catching prey… the rain scares literally everything away. it
    hates me, i assure you! i’m probably more soaked than you!”

“nonsense, i think we are both equally drenched.”

“nah. i seriously doubt it! but the weather was nice enough to allow me to gather some herbs, though!”
    [+2 mallow leaves, +1 watermint, lamb’s ear, + 4exp (x2)]
    ---------------------

+45 exp for words written!
    +10 exp for patrol sent!
    + all exp x2 for death-opt in
    +0% hunger (two more free posts left) !

totals;;
    +120 exp gained // +0% hunger // +1fp // +2 mallow leaves, +1 watermint, lamb’s ear // level 0 (0/100)-> level 1 (20/200)

LEVEL UP!! +1FP OF YOUR CHOICE & 50 STARDUST!

└───────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by faelyn on Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[020.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:28 am

CLAN OF ETERNAL SUN !
    user + clan link: mutatedcry + clan archive
    responding to: mutatedcry's last post
    xp stats: [opted-out for death rolls!]
    xx+25XP for writing, + 10XP for patrol sent
    xx+6XP for prey collected, +3XP for herbs found
    The silence was deathly.

Ominous, like the slinking rush of shadows, slithering over dunes and plunging the world in darkness.

Coyotesun's fur prickled, rising as if cacti spikes at the back of his neck. His ears swiveled, straining to pick out the faintest hiss, above the roar of the desert winds. The patrol needed every advantage they could get and the slightest rattle could make the difference of toeing that fine line between life or… well, otherwise.

"Aha! Gotcha you━ "

His heart stuttered. He pivoted sharply on his heel, risking a glance over his shoulder. His jaws parted as a light-furred cat pounced, sand kicking up like a cloud around them, their ivory claws glinting in the night. "Everstumble, wait━"

A dark flash whipped through the sands, shooting forward, but claws struck faster. The faint trace of blood lingered in the breeze as the serpent met its end in Everstumble's jaws. (+3FP snake)

Everstumble panted, giving the creature a last shake. They tossed it at their paws, a slow grin stretching across their muzzle. "What do you think? Not too dangerous, huh?"

Honeybreeze’s eyes narrowed. She meandered through the sands, weaving close to the other cat, her strides loose and relaxed. Unbothered. Her nose wrinkled. "That's… not a rattlesnake. It's━"

Her claws slashed through the sands, swift and decisive, slamming down on another slithering creature. Piercing a half-buried snake, she pulled it close, looping the limp creature through her jaws. Her eyes glittered. "It's just a common snake." (+3FP snake)

Thank the Stars.

Coyotesun heaved a sigh, shoulders easing a touch. At least Everstumble hadn't… recklessly charged after a venomous snake. A bold move, no doubt, but... dangerous. Still, it was a start. A warm-up.

But it meant that the nest was still out there. Still writhing with those incapacitating serpents, seething with venom.

"Alright. We should get going." He stepped between the pair, gesturing ahead. "If those aren't rattlesnakes…"

"The nest is here." Obsidianwatcher’s voice sliced through the night. Their gaze was alight, dancing with captured flames, in the darkness. They gestured towards the base of a rocky cleft. "It's abandoned. The snakes have left."

Coyotesun blinked. "What? Why?"

The dark cat hummed, offering a non-committal shrug.

A non-answer. Well… alright.
    It was as much as he expected.

Shaking himself, he squared his shoulders, placing an idle paw along the rocky cleft. It was indeed abandoned, void of any wriggling, coiled creatures with their signature rattle. His gaze flicked to the sand.

And no tracks either. They’d been buried, covered by the shifting desert sands.

His head cocked, claws curling with unease. Where had they gone? They'd just vanished.

He stepped closer. The only trace of the rattlesnakes' presence were a few dried skins emblazoned with diamond-like markings of overlapping shades, snagged within a scraggly bush under the cleft. And also... a few herbs. (+1 willow leaves, +1 coltsfoot, +1 feverfew)

totals;
    xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ coyotesun (10% hunger), everstumble (10% hunger), obsidianwatcher (10% hunger), honeybreeze (10% hunger)

xx+44XP → level 1 (48/200XP)
    xx+3FP snake, +3FP snake
    xx+1 willow leaves, +1 coltsfoot, +1 feverfew

notes; n/a! <3

CLAN OF THE BROKEN NIGHT !
    user + clan link: vinson + clan archive
    responding to: vinson's last post
    xp stats: [opted-in for death rolls!]
    xx+180XP for writing, + 20XP for patrol sent
    xx+16XP for prey collected, +4XP for herbs found
    He could still see her when he closed his eye.

Every detail, all the subtleties and nuances. It was fresh, vivid… it was real. She moved as if one with the mist, silent and swift, her pawsteps gentle, leaving not even a print in the earthy dirt. The stars were captured in her coat, cloaking her in a silvery sheen and bathing her in light. Her blind eyes settling on him and her soft murmur… it stirred something within him.

He needed to get to the Watch.

Carrionstar shook himself, prying his eye open. The rest of the patrol was still eating, tearing through their meals as if ravenous wolves. Blood laced the air, courtesy of mealtime. He paced along the length of the pipe, eyeing the maze of pipes hanging above his head. The complex architecture was something to behold, crafted by the humans’… skillful paws.

A drop from a leaky pipe eased a snort from his jaws. Well, perhaps not too skillful.

He leapt down from the pipe, landing on soft dirt. Taking a step forward, he stumbled. His hindpaws snagged, caught in a bundle of long, thin reeds. He huffed, attempting to tug his paws free. It held.

Grunting, he pivoted on his heel, jaws closing around the straggly plant. It was strong… and held itself well. Perhaps it could be useful? He ripped a few strands free, setting them down. (+1 rush)

A few dark, jagged leaves also caught… intertwined between the thin reeds. (+1 daisy leaves)

“Ready to go?” Hiddenpine quietly flanked his side, head cocked. The tom reached down, gathering up some of the herbs to set it aside. His ear flicked, angling towards him. “The rest are done eating. Rustlingraven and Crowcrawl mentioned they scented something around the warehouse and went to investigate. They━”

Crowcrawl stepped from the shadows, releasing a scoff. “Seagulls. Those irrational creatures.” The dark tom’s ears pinned against his head. “Tried to steal some of our prey, but we took care of them. Lucky birds have the honor of being added to the pile.”

Rustlingraven placed a light bird rimmed with silver down by her side. She offered a small nod towards the dark tom as the rest of the patrol slunk forward, Tumblinghawk and Soulstealer at her heels. (+4FP seagull, +4FP seagull)

“We should go.” Carrionstar squared his shoulders, surveying the gathered patrol. “Soulstealer, are you able to lead us?”

Gold eyes glinted from the shadows accompanied by a firm nod.

totals;
    xx+0% hunger for each patrol cat (no free posts left!)
    xxxx↳ carrionstar (0% hunger), crowlcrawl (0% hunger), soulstealer (0% hunger)
    xxxxrustlingraven (0% hunger), hiddenpine (0% hunger), tumblinghawk (0% hunger)

xx+220XP → level 1 (394/200XP) → level 2 (194/300XP)
    xx+4FP seagull, +4FP seagull
    xx+1 daisy leaf, + 1 rush

congrats! you've reached level two and received an additional +1FP (your choice), +1 herb (your choice) and a common edit!

notes; n/a! <3

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

explore replies!! [greenleaf]

Postby sunny-skies » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:46 am

BigFrog4231 wrote:The Tribe of Singing Wind

trees loomed over the patrol as they neared the forest's edge, casting a dim light over where they stood. the shade, along with the coolness it provided, was a welcome break from the sweltering heat of the meadow, and it certainly made their short outing much more pleasant. more focused at the task at hand than one another, the tribe cats only communicated with occasional quick flicks of their tails rather than speaking as they moved in a steady group alongside one another.

a lone shrew scurried into petal's sight, quickly catching the attention of the fawn-colored molly. she slipped away from her tribemates without a word, her brow furrowed in concentration as she slunk toward it. the graceful molly was silent on her paws, and the vole remained unaware of her presence even as she stood only inches away. in a flash, the vole was pinned to the ground and wriggled helplessly underneath petal's claws until she delivered a well-placed bite to its delicate frame. (+2fp)
    her gaze swept over the patch of undergrowth it had been nibbling upon, spotting a few familiar-looking plants that sprouted within it. herbs. fortunately, the molly was able to recognize a good few of them from her occasional visits to the healer's den and grabbed a few to bring with her. (+1 alder bark, +1 bindweed, +1 bright-eye, +1 celadine)

"look at what we found!" robin's voice piped as she and bird emerged from the thicket. the young molly wore a wide grin as she bounded over to rejoin the rest of the patrol alongside the tribe protector. two limp creatures dangled in their jaws as they approached, setting down their catches in a small pile alongside petal's. (+4fp, +3fp)

despite her previous concerns, snow was fairly satisfied with what her patrol had managed to gather. while it had taken a great deal of luck for her plan to follow through, it had brought a decent haul for the afternoon. flower would be happy with their findings, at least. though the figure was partially obscured by the trees that stood within her line of sight, it was still easy for her to distinguish as another cat. a loner, judging by the looks of it.
    "someone's here," snow said grimly, her voice low as she beckoned for the others to join her. all eyes fell on the pure white molly, whose sharp gaze remained glued to the unfamiliar tom. he certainly wouldn't be leaving her sight until they decided how to handle his sudden appearance into their territory. and, as the leader of the patrol, she had the final say in what their next actions would be. a rogue has been found wandering near the edges of the tribe's territory! will the patrol choose to confront him, or will they ignore his presence?

+35xp for 564 words written
    +10xp for patrol sent
    +10% hunger

total :

+58xp | +1 alder bark, +1 bindweed, +1 bright-eye, +1 celadine | +4fp (large bird), +3fp (squirrel), +2fp (shrew) | level 3 (379/400)

Gasparluna844 wrote:Lunarclan

the new territory would take some time to get used to, as even after days of scouting the area it felt unfamiliar to her. the uncertainty overwhelmed lochrunner, and over the course of the past few weeks she had found herself questioning her decisions more than once. only a couple days in the forest had revealed how much different, and dangerous, her life was outside of the shelter of her old home. lochrunner gave a quick shake of her head to clear her thoughts and shifted her attention to her surroundings. there was no use to dwell on the past, especially when she had prey to catch.

the molly threw her focus back into her surroundings, ears perked as her paws carried her through the grassy clearing. a tall, thin plant that swayed softly in the breeze caught lochrunner's eye, and her steps slowed to a halt as she paused to observe them. small droplets of morning dew still clung to the delicate yellow flowers as she lowered her head to inspect them, picking a couple from the ground carefully by their stems. the young molly had heard of the various uses that herbs had, and while she knew little of them herself, they were bound to be helpful one day. (+1fp, +1 ragwort leaves)

the herbs drooped slightly in lochrunner's jaws as she gave the area one last once-over, catching a quick glimpse of a glistening object nestled snugly between the knotted roots of a tree. she bent down, her head tilted slightly in curiosity as she observed it. it vaguely resembled a stone, though the molly couldn't recall seeing anything quite like it. she was sure that she'd have remembered if she had, as it's distinct appearance would be hard to forget. despite being shaded by the canopy of leaves above, it glowed brightly, and a closer look at it revealed an unnaturally smooth surface. (+1 star's blessing: guaranteed 3+ kit litter)

the soft sounds of trickling water reached her ears as she approached the riverside, her gaze searching the water as she crept alongside it. fish were difficult to find and even more difficult to catch, and it was crucial that lochrunner kept herself alert. now, she just needed to wait for something to appear within her reach... there! her paw shot out and struck the water, sending a small splash that rippled across its surface. a small minnow wriggled in her claws seconds later as she retrieved the slippery creature with a quick swipe. (+3fp)

+40xp for 638 words written
    +10xp for patrol sent
    +0% hunger (2 free posts left!)

total :

+55xp | +1 ragwort leaves | +3fp (minnow), +1fp (scraps) | level 0 (/100)
Last edited by sunny-skies on Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mooshyy » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:37 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

[url]Last Explore Post[/url] | Last Response Received

12 moons ago

Hollowstar, Hollowlight at the time was kicked from the clan she was born in, the clan she used to call home. She refuses to name the clan to this day.
"You'd better stay out or we'll shred you to pieces!" Hollowlight's previous clanmate, Rosestep, hissed. Without a word, Hollowlight sprinted as far away as she could, as she was outnumbered. She was a decent ways away from the clan territories and her first instinct was to find something to treat her wound, she had some knowledge of herbs to help herself, so she looked around and saw some dock leaf and applied it to her scratches and brought it with her. She then went over to a bush, gathering sticks and its leaves to create a temporary bed. As she was putting them together, she felt a water drop plop on her nose. Great. As the water continued to pour, she completely lost her dock leaves and quickly saw a fox den with out scent. This is probably that one fox's den from moons ago.. She hurried inside and made herself comfy and fell asleep.
She ran into a good friend that was separated with her before she reached the eventual location of Hollowclan's camp.

present day

Hollowlight found this beautiful place which was completely perfect. She recently arrived, alone. She walked through the trees, absolutely loving the scenery, when she ran into a large cave, she couldn't smell anything other than 'cave' smell, so she invited herself in. She spent the rest of dusk exploring the cave, thinking that she would absolutely love to living here. She made up her mind and claimed the highest dead-end of the cave as her own. She brushed it off after the fact, but she felt this place was so perfect, Starclan made it themselves. That night, Starclan visited her for the first time.
"Hello Hollowlight" A voice spoke. She was in a starry recreation of the world, more specifically, somewhere similar to where she was currently at.
"Where am I ?! And how do you know my name?!" Hollowlight shouted.
"You're in Starclan, dummy" the voice eventually presented itself, and looked very similarly to her mother.
"Am I dead?" Hollowlight gasped. "I thought rogues don't go to Starclan.."
"No, sweetheart, now is not your time" The slightly translucent cat purred. "We've been watching you for sometime, you've been in our interest since you've left."
"What do you mean 'interest'? And who even are you?" Hollowlight questioned.
"My name is Sparrowfeather, if that rings a bell." Sparrowfeather smiled.
"Mom?" Hollowlight glowed, "What are you doing all the way over here? Shouldn't you be watching over the clans?"
"We're watching over what will be the new clans." Sparrowfeather said.
"New clans? What does that have to do with me?" Hollowlight asked.
Sparrowfeather chuckled and said, "You will lead one of the new clans, silly." Hollowlight blinked a few times.
"Me? Leading a new clan? Are you crazy? I can't lead a clan! I dont even have anyone else to join!" Hollowlight retorted.
"Look here," Sparrowfeather waved her paw and they were teleported over to a house and another cat was sleeping in a cat bed "they can be your first start"
"Listen, leaders have nine lives, right? And my name is Hollowlight not Hollowstar!" Hollowlight said with a little bit of a shout.
"We can help with that" After saying that, 8 other cats faded into existence around Sparrowfeather. Her father, sister, 3 of her old clanmates, and three old strange cats.
"This is crazy..." Hollowlight muttered.
"Hi Hollowlight, long time no see" One of her previous clanmates said.
"Hi Appleleap!" Hollowlight gleemed "Wait, who are these guys?"
"We're the founders of the three clans you were once part of" The bulkier cat said. wow... this is, intimidating to say the very least.
Hollowlight received all of her 9 lives, while never saying it, but agreeing to take in this responsibility. She woke up and then immediately felt hunger rumble her stomach. Man am I hungry, I do suppose I should check out the territory...

[ 700 words ]

▬ cats on patrol

Hollowstar

| she/her | HP 100% |
| HUP 0% ||| Sick: N |
▬ level 0
experience: 0

▬ inventory
total prey | x0
total herbs | x0
▬ items in inventory used
n/a
▬ active quests:
n/a

I'm picking my own!
new prey & predators: list here
Would you like your current inventory
converted to the new prey list?
n/a
I want to risk death!
Username: mooshyy
Clan link: hollowclan

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
moosh • she/her |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
discord : mooshyy. |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
toyhouse |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬|
artshop |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬| carrd |▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Mooshyy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Peaceclan || Explore: "Picking-My-Own"

Postby coffee.berry » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:48 pm

"Picking My Own" Form

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
Scraps | 1FP
Bugs | 1FP
Vole | 2FP
Small Fish | 2FP
Mouse | 2FP
Squirrel | 3FP
Fish | 3FP
Rabbit | 4FP
Crow | 4FP
Big Fish | 4 FP
Eagle | 5 FP
new predators:
Foxes, badgers, snakes, coyotes
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? Nope!
Last edited by coffee.berry on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me