[D2] GOOSE by a snoozing skerple

Based on Click to view
Artist a snoozing skerple [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

[D2] GOOSE

Postby a snoozing skerple » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:55 pm

From a basin below shines a pale, puny dot against the snow - scarcely visible apart from it, but distinctive enough that you can make it out immediately after each time you glance away. With the heavy snowfall, it seems incredibly odd that something could remain unburied for as long as this dot has.
Most settlements have their own ominous cautionary tales about following strange lights in the woods... but hey, that's just your average superstition, right?

After a ridiculously clumsy tumble intensely majestic stride downhill through three foot snow, coming up on the odd light is a heavy relief easier than it looks - it's a shiny ball, just sitting there, on top of a perfect little snow mound out in the open for anyone to "happen upon". Shamefully easy - right up until you try and touch the thing and the snow mound suddenly comes alive. Claws lash and teeth clamp upon you with a ravenous hunger of doom!

Very tiny claws, thankfully, and teeth that release as soon as the little terror realizes you are apparently not what it was hoping to catch. So now it just stares up at you, sniffing, as huge clumps of snow flop off its fur.

Fancy meeting you here.
[offer the moonrat a food]
[pile the snow right back on top of the moonrat]
[steal its ball anyway]
[just stare for a really, really long time]

Goose belongs to dave.
Last edited by a snoozing skerple on Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a snoozing skerple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:59 pm

dave. decided to [just stare for a really, really long time] at the tiny critter. someone great once said that eye contact was key; right?
    moonrats name would be goose
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [D2] GOOSE

Postby a snoozing skerple » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:04 pm

A bunch of wild moonrats gather above to stare at you while you stare at the moonrat who stared at you first. A mildly creepy atmosphere appears to be permeating the area... oh dear.

/...i have to ask
were you thinking of the "duck duck goose" game?
a snoozing skerple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me