Based on Click to view
Artist a snoozing skerple [gallery]
Time spent 13 hours, 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 7
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Dagsbirtu // Moonrat January Event

Postby a snoozing skerple » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Daylight wrote:The Lunar Wood has come to its coldest month of the year. The colors of the earth and flora have been replaced with bright ribbons of light that flow high in the sky day and night. The whole wood is blanketed in layer upon layer of soft snows and most of its nocturnal residents have taken to foraging during the day to avoid wandering in the night's bitter cold.
Winter in the wilds is generally considered a frigid and miserable hardship, but this year some of the woodland creatures have decided to see if they can't make something else of it.

D • A • G • S • B • I • R • T • U

This celebration of theirs is just barely starting out and has yet to form any traditions, but already an odder passel of moonrats has formed from the attempt, with thick, squirrel-like coats of the utmost floofery.

A sheltered "clearing" has been found beneath the trunk of one of the woods' only redwood trees and established as the meeting point of the celebration. With the trunk mostly open and numerous smaller trees growing from it, the moonrats have been skittering all over the woods to find thick bushels and abandoned fabrics to insulate its openings.
FOOD! wrote:Along their furious search for warmth, the moonrats are finding a lot more food than usual - enough so that hiding, finding, giving and stealing it seems to be evolving into a sort of game. A number of the moonrats are chattering about taking it in exchange for some of the discarded trinkets they've found out in the woods. Perhaps in a few days they'll find more to do with the food, but in the meantime...

Moonrats can earn food by helping to spawn more floofrats. One can do this by either describing the floof or illustrating it, but keep in mind that neither the describer nor the colorer can keep more than one of their own spawns from this event.

not really finished setting up but at this point i think if i don't just open it already it's gonna be late
Feel free to post a note below if you want to be part of the artist list for this event. It's open in general but this goes for current main-thread artists as well; I don't know what the holidays or workday schedules are going like for you guys, so just do a show of hands if you're gonna be around and are interested in drawing for this.
Current artists are just myself and Release~The~Kraken!

Thanks to Kraken for their help in going over event stuffs, and species is thanks to Perocore as always.

The event is closed as of Feb 1st.
I'll leave the two added who already asked so you can still have a floof if you feel like it, but otherwise I'm not going to be adding any more artists to the event this year.
Last edited by a snoozing skerple on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
a snoozing skerple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: DAGSBIRTU [WIP]

Postby Release~The~Kraken! » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:11 pm

I just now saw this! If it is alright i shall mark this. PM me if you wish for this to be removed!OwO

The smol critters look so warm in that fluffy pelt of theirs! I wish you all a (pretty) late Merry Christmas, and hope you all enjoyed New Years! I have been pretty busy lately and can only be on for a short amount of time, when I am able to get on. But that will soon change when I get my new drawing tablet set up after where I work is less busy and I don't have to go in so much. I'll love working on these guys some more with everybody!

Will definitely want to be an artist for these moonrats and their newly obtained 'jacket' <3
Release~The~Kraken!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dagsbirtu // Moonrat January Event

Postby a snoozing skerple » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Posting is very welcome here x) //I'm kinda late to respond but that's nothing new here. Glad to hear things are getting easier over there.
I think my timing here probably negates my ability to follow up with another happy holiday post, but hey, event's open. whee
a snoozing skerple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:14 pm

whoa look at that floofery
goodness
I'd love to make some floofs if that's cool
I remember wanting to be an artist for this species
I hope my designing skill has improved since then?? lol
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a snoozing skerple » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Ohallo dar. More floofness is always cool. ;)
a snoozing skerple

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me