Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Talon for ~Tornado~ by Acidic

Based on Click to view
Artist Acidic [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Talon for ~Tornado~

Postby Acidic » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:20 am

So... As you can see, I changd a lot about this guy... (blush)
    I hope you don't mind.
    Let's see what I did change and for what reason...
    I changed his pallete because the whole white/neon blue thing didn't match his talent AT ALL. I stuck with the idea of falconer because I had no idea what you meant by rehab for raptors. I imagined a bunch of velociraptors addicted to drugs and alcohol. Doubt that's what you meant tho... If so, it's not really appropriate for a kids show like MLP!
    I gave him completely different hair because of this: He's shy and introverted. I feel like he deserves that classic "shy emo boy in the back of the class" haircut. As you can see, I switched his patterns up a bit, because I love patterns but I didn't want them all on there.
    And finally, his cutie mark! I really like how I designed this one. His previous cutie mark just doesn't scream 'falconer' to me, so I changed it to a lil bird of prey with a feather. It's not too much of a complicated cutie mark tbh, it took me like 5 min with a simple reference (click here for said reference b/c of copyright reasons i feel obligated to put this here) to do, and I'm not even a bird artist. I've never drawn a good bird in my life so I'm certain you can do it!

Overall, I feel he looks a lot better like this, except tbh I think he's a bit cluttered. I only added the leg decals because my boyfriend said he liked it like that... I might go back and change that :')
    Edit: I changed the bits that I felt cluttered because screw you Steven (jk I love him to bits)
Acidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Talon for ~Tornado~

Postby ~Tornado~ » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:29 am

Oh he looks great!
Thank you so much it's interesting to see how you changed him to better fit his personality and talent
(As you can see younger me wasn't the best pony designer and this is a giant improvement)
Oh dear now I want a velociraptor that's addicted to drugs and alcohol that is a very interesting character idea
Birds, Reptiles, and The Elder Scrolls, and my drawing tablet, basically are all I need in life.

Hi I'm Tornado, I like animals, drawing, and The Elder Scrolls. Ive been on this site for years and am pretty friendly so im always up to chat!

Selina ref guide
Best thing since sliced cheese.
Don't do Skooma kids
Kids these days
Angel on earth
Note: Finish Cp's request At with PD

~Tornado~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Talon for ~Tornado~

Postby Acidic » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:33 am

~Tornado~ wrote:Oh he looks great!
Thank you so much it's interesting to see how you changed him to better fit his personality and talent
(As you can see younger me wasn't the best pony designer and this is a giant improvement)
Oh dear now I want a velociraptor that's addicted to drugs and alcohol that is a very interesting character idea

You're welcome!!
I tend to work around the ideas that people give me on what they do and how they act since ponies in the show are based around it (Fluttershy for example, she has long hair she hides behind due to her shyness, as well as Rarity, she has gorgeous hair due to her love of fashion, as well as RD, i could go on all day)
It's okay, as a kid I wasn't either :'D My ponysona was literally favourite colour + hair + crappy art tattoo (which made an ugly blue blonde pony with a basic mark)
Omg :') I'm tired okay, these things happen :'D
Acidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me