Here's some tips. by Dorky Displeasure

Based on Click to view
Artist Dorky Displeasure [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Here's some tips.

Postby Dorky Displeasure » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:35 am

Though I didn't do the best red-line in the world because I'm tight on time, I'll throw some tips your way. I've circled the parts in blue where I think you struggle the most.

Be sure to establish where the root of your hair is going to be. Even when you're drawing chibi, your hair should have a point where it breaks off and separates. even in the world of anime, gravity exists. If it helps, try drawing out a rough shape of how you want the hair to look, and go from there. You'll have a much clearer image of where to place hair if you know where it is you want it to go without just plopping lines down randomly.

If your character is facing a certain direction, make sure his/her chin defines that. This is basically what tells a person that your character is facing towards a certain direction without shading and lighting and what-not. If you're making a young looking character, don't be afraid to make their cheeks more rounded, and be sure to slightly define that chin.

If you have trouble drawing a second eye, try drawing from a strait perspective and make sure you're completely happy with how those eyes turn out before you move on to different angles. Even when drawing anime/chibi, it's good to start out like you would with a portrait. draw your circle, your line down the center, and go from there.

I hope these tips help <3
Dorky Displeasure

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me