Based on Click to view
Artist apricity [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#2 ENDED - ғᴀᴜɴ; owner: daring girlfriend

Postby apricity » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:49 am

The faun (Latin: faunus, Ancient Greek: φαῦνος,
phaunos, pronounced [pʰaynos]) is a rustic forest god or goddess (genii)
of Roman mythology often associated with enchanted woods and the
Greek god Pan and his satyrs.

End date: June 1
Criteria: Impress me with a story, personality, and/or art.

OWNER: daring girlfriend

Separate topics, webpages, and also posting below is acceptable! C:
btw the tattoo is a symbol of earth <3
Optional form:
Code: Select all
Name:
Art:

Hex codes:
bfbfab
e4e4d6
706f6f
f4ccc0
a86457
3c3b3b

Last edited by apricity on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
apricity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #2 ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛ - ғᴀᴜɴ

Postby carmineflyer » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:00 pm

mark
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Relamune » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:47 am

xxxxxxxx

b a s i c s ; ;
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
" Mao "
┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
a g e ; ; 27 Years
g e n d e r ; ; Female
t h e m e s o n g ; ; here

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
l i k e s / d i s l i k e s ; ;
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
text, text, text, text, text, text,

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
p e r s o n a l i t y ; ;
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Zella relies on nobody but herself and, as a perk of
being a faun, has learned how to use her surroundings to her
advantage. This allows her to camouflage and hide herself
from hunters and other predators. Another perk is, she is
usually silent in her movements. This has it's pros and cons.
Zella is often accidentally sneaking up on people. She usually
has a peaceful and laid back attitude. Zella is open minded
and practical. She's a quick thinker and has a habit of taking
things too literally. This makes her pretty clueless when it
comes to most forms of humor.

Content

Intelligent

Motherly

Bossy

Practical

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

H i s t o r y ; ;
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text,
text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text, text,

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Last edited by Relamune on Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Relamune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby abandoned-account123 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:48 pm

Full Name:: Aspen Heartwood
Name:: Aspen
Reasoning:: a little leafy plant
Accessories:: WIP

Personality::
Hobbies::

"Hey. I'm Aspen. Yeah, I'm a faun. Not exactly a magical, dream-visiting faun like in fairytales, but a faun none the less."
back to liquidate for flight rising.
abandoned-account123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allo vera » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:40 am

She wanders through the forest, eyes bright. She's the protector, the watcher, the guardian of the woods. Her name is unknown. She needs no name. The creatures she protects are not namers. They know her by her deeds. Protector, wanderer, healer. Those are her names. She's shy, hides behind the ferns at the approach of the human. The wildlife scatter. The peace is disturbed. She's nimble, and light footed. She can keep up with the deer, and hold her own against the bear. She's been in the forest since the beginning, the animals whisper. She's certainly outlived most of her companions. It's hard for her to get close to any now, as she knows they will grow old and die. She stays the same though. She can remember when she was a child, before the humans had even learned to ride the horse. She knows the woods raised her. It's both her home and her mother. The woods is smaller now. The humans have taken parts of it over. She's changed with the woods. She may be shy, but she's a fighter now. She's the general, doctor, and troops of this war. She's compassionate, kind, and tender, to her fellow woods-dwellers. But she's learned how to fight. She's a warrior. A loner. A daughter, hoping to protect her mother.
previously known as WhoaDazzle

//siggy is a wip
allo vera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apricity » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:10 pm

up
apricity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epimetheus » Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:49 am

aaa res
epimetheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apricity » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:31 am

up
apricity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby apricity » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:57 pm

apricity wrote:up
apricity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wulfjaw » Mon May 25, 2015 8:25 am

Name:

Lucia.

Cryptogender. (she/her)

Sexuality:

Gyneromantic demisexual.

She measures her age with moon cycles, since it's just the way Thaumaturgy does it. She's 606 moons/50 years old.

Apprentice alchemist to the head alchemist.

Personality:

She's a free spirited, colourful, and friendly faun. Despite these likable attributes that she has, she tends to annoy the Head Alchemist with her antics. Her determination and ambition cause her to aim for wild goals and her free spirit makes her do some silly activities, so it's not hard to understand why. She definitely isn't down to earth like her tattoo suggests.
    Lucia fails to see why, though, so whenever the Head Alchemist or anyone above her criticizes her, it really gets to her. She isn't emotionally tough at all, meaning her feelings get hurt easily. Sometimes her sensitivity gets her taking everything the wrong way when she's down in the dumps.

The thaumaturges:

In Etroth, there exists an alchemist group called Thaumaturgy. Thaumaturges, the members of the group, can be considered to be even more diverse than arcanes. Thaumaturgy has members that aren't arcanes, and can be almost anything. Each thaumaturge receives a tattoo that represents their specialty in alchemy. Lucia's is earth, meaning she specializes in working with earthy materials like metals, gems, stones, dirt, plants, etc. A thaumaturge receives this mark after being personally tested by the Head Alchemist, one of the leaders.
    There are three leaders; the head alchemist, the head strategist, and the representative.
    The head alchemist is the most skilled in alchemy in Thaumaturgy. They take in many apprentices to assist them with daily work, and in return, may teach them the alchemy secrets that they know. They are chosen by the previous Head Alchemist, but this is only because they have to meet a long list of requirements.
    The head strategist is elected by everyone in Thaumaturgy. Their job is to, obviously, strategise. That can include a lot of things though, and it does! This is probably the job that takes the most from the worker, because they have to make war plans, make the important decisions, organize elections, and so on.
    The representative is an individual chosen by the head strategist, but, much like the head alchemist, this is only because they must meet a list of
    requirements, though the list is significantly shorter and the criteria is easier to meet.

Thaumaturge mark:

"Each thaumaturge receives a tattoo that represents their specialty in alchemy. Lucia's is earth, meaning she specializes in working with earthy materials like metals, gems, stones, dirt, plants, etc. A thaumaturge receives this mark after being personally tested by the Head Alchemist, one of the leaders."
    The mark's history extends to the first ancestors of Thaumaturgy. It was different back then. They received their mark at birth, and often times got multiple. As time advanced, having more than one mark got rarer.
    The mark glows white when it is used, even for things that aren't the specialty. It glows dimmer if it isn't used for the specialty, but it still works.
    If there is a deep wound on the mark going deeper than the tattoo, it will not glow in that spot and its magic will grow weaker. The tattoo can be redone over the scar if it isn't too bad, but sometimes the damage is irreparable. Some thaumaturges have completely and permanently lost their magical abilities due to wounding after being attacked or experiencing a freak accident that didn't kill them.
    Inspired by Avatar: The Last Airbender's air nomad tattoos

Alchemy:

Thaumaturgy's alchemy works similarly to the alchemy in Fullmetal Alchemist.

"Alchemy (錬金術 Renkinjutsu) is, as it is understood in the Fullmetal Alchemist series, is the ancient metaphysical science/mystical art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy. This act is known as "Transmutation" (錬成 Rensei) and its sequence is usually described as:

Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.
    Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.
    Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape."

There are a few differences, such as the involvement of the Thaumaturgy's mark.
    Images are from Fantasia by Disney.

Wulfjaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me