Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Hyde Hounds - Posting Open by Klyse

Artist Klyse [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
30 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Klyse

by Klyse

by Klyse

by Klyse

by Klyse

by Klyse

Hyde Hounds - Posting Open

Postby Klyse » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:07 pm

What is a Hyde Hound?
Hyde Hounds, although similar in appearance and name, are not very closely related to most of the Canidae family. They are notorious for being "collectors" (hoarders) of random objects that may catch their eye. Each Hyde Hound wears a thick collar, often varying in color, that is used as a symbol of the Hound's age; the more complex the collar design, the older they are. Although skittish toward humans, it is not uncommon for them to take a human as a friend.
Do you dare befriend a Hyde Hound of your own?
Last edited by Klyse on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Klyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & Staff

Postby Klyse » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Home || Rules & Staff || Appearance & Behavior || Environment || Archive || Nursery

Species Rules
• All CS rules still apply.
• Do not claim species as your own.
• Please do not mini-mod.
• Do not bribe artists into letting you win a contest. creating you a custom, or having larger Nursery litter sizes.
• Breaking rules may result in a warning, ban, and/or having your Hyde Hound(s) taken away, custom or not.
• Please do not ask to become part of the staff. When I need more people, I will hire some. c:

Hound/Breeding Rules
• You may add accessories to your Hound, whether they came with some or not.
• Some Hounds might be designed with genetic modifications (horns, glowing eyes, etc.). However, you may not add any new genetic modifications to your Hound.
• At the moment, there is no limit to the number of Hounds which can be owned by a single user (this includes Nursery Hounds).
• Custom Hounds are only given to staff or regular users during special events. You may not create your own custom unless you have Dan Howell's permission.
• If you no longer want your Hyde Hound, PM the original artist or Dan Howell and they will find it a new home.
• Same gender Hounds may breed
• Hounds may breed again once their most recent litter reaches their teen stage (this happens 3 weeks from their "birth").

New rules may be added at any time so please check back frequently.

Staff
We are not currently looking for new staff members

|| Owner ||
Dan Howell

|| Artists ||
n/a

|| Mods ||
n/a
Last edited by Klyse on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Klyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Appearance & Behavior

Postby Klyse » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:08 pm

Home || Rules & Staff || Appearance & Behavior || Environment || Archive || Nursery

Appearance
Size;; Hyde Hounds are tall creatures which resemble canines but are not actually related to most of the Canidae family. Grown Hounds are roughly the size of large Great Danes but can be as small as a grown male Labrador Retriever. Weight wise, they can be anywhere from 85 to 125 pounds when full grown. At birth, Hyde Hounds are roughly the size of a ferret, but they grow very rapidly.

Fur;; Typically, Hyde Hounds have medium-length, but thick, fur. However, Hounds will adjust to their surroundings and grow out their fur (for colder conditions) or shed until the fur is short enough (for warmer conditions). When they are born, Hyde Hounds already have a thick layer of fur covering their entire body.

Collars;; Each Hound wears a thick collar, often varying in color, that is used as a symbol of the Hounds age; the more complex the collar design, the older that Hound is. A Hound first receives his or her collar when he/she is around 6 months old, the collar being one solid color. At one year, when the Hound is considered a teenager, its collar will either receive stripes or a chevron pattern. Every couple of years, a new addition to the collar's design is added.
Taking away a Hyde Hound's collar is considered a serious punishment to that Hound and will cause it to become extremely sad.

Ears;; Hyde Hounds have three different types of ears. 'Regular' ears, which are the most common amongst the species, 'floppy' ears, which are considered to be uncommon, and 'fluffy' ears, which are rare. Examples are below, in that same order.

Behavior

Packs;; Hyde Hounds are very skittish toward humans, but they are quite close with each other. Although they don't need a pack to survive, it isn't uncommon for Hounds to join together and form one. Pack mentality in a Hyde Hound pack isn't the same is it is in a wolf pack. Hounds do not have a set leader, but rather different Hounds that each specialize in a different area (Hunting, Caring for pups, etc.).

Diet/Hunting;; Hyde Hounds are omnivorous meaning they eat both plants and animals, however, they have a large preference toward meats. They like to hunt for their own food and will do so either by themselves of with a companion or two.
Last edited by Klyse on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:13 am, edited 9 times in total.
Klyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Environment

Postby Klyse » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Environment
Hyde Hounds can live just about anywhere in the world although they prefer cooler climates because of their thick fur (the thicker their fur, the cooler they prefer the climate). You have the best chance of spotting a Hyde Hound during or just after a storm, while they frolic under the droplets or splash in puddles.
Last edited by Klyse on Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
Klyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Extra

Postby Klyse » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Extra just in case.
Posting is now open c:
Last edited by Klyse on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Klyse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hyde Hounds - Posting Open

Postby heir » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Mark <3

;

─────────────────────

〈 amor, amor de mis amores 〉

🌎

hey i'm finn & i think you're pretty cool

;
heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BluebonnetBree » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:32 pm

Ohhh cant wait :D Marking!
Hello! Please call me Bree <3
I'm always available to talk if you need to!
She/Her pronouns
I'm an artist for Range Trotters & Lone Bashkir Curlys please check them out!
ImageImage
Bluebonnet Creek Ranch
^My current stable page^
BluebonnetBree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me