Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Creature Run V.4 by foreign-potato

Artist foreign-potato [gallery]
Time spent 1 day, 2 hours
Drawing sessions 47
61 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Creature Run V.4

Postby foreign-potato » Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 am

THIS IS CLOSED.

I'm not sure if it will reopen, but I have to mush stuff going on to keep up with it and I have lost inspiration for it so I think it's best just to close it. :c

I hope you guys understand <3 Thanks!

Please don't post to keep it from bumping up. c:

And mods can you not lock this? xD I want the lines still.

CREATURE RUN V.4
The Revamp

Yay, the fourth version of Creature Run... When will Tater ever be happy with it?? Well, CSians, don't worry. I really like these current lines and thread. I worked my soul into this so here it is. And I hope you guys enjoy it and have fun. C:

History time! The idea of this thread was made by me, later inspiring some others in the creature making business. xD It was originally one of the first few user-made species agencies, but that was back when my art really sucked. Now after a few retries, I believe this is the thread that will hopefully stay and I will succeed to conquer
(lol I said that in version 3). Most of the creatures were created by me, but some like the Ajiro were made by other users with their permission. Ajiro happen to belong to Sandwitch. ;D

Here is a WIP Archive: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=850736&start=0#p21660039

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1181836][img]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p608/tortoiseshellwarrior/08b9644be4b780a96cd183adf7a9c03e.gif?t=1343236993[/img][/url]

Rules:

• Follow CS rules.
  • Do not spam the thread.
  • No stealing ideas, creatures, designs, art, anything.
  • No chat-speak please.
  • Creatures have to stay on this site. PM me for permission off!
  • Do not edit or claim the creatures and their images.
  • Be polite and respectful to everyone!
  • Do not whine, complain, beg, or mope. I can't stand it!
  • Do not use as fursonas. Characters? I recommend it!
  • Do not ask to be an artist unless spots are available.
  • You can try for more than one at a time, but can adopt one.
  • If you are leaving CS or tired of your creature, give it back to me!!
    Don't forget it or give it away.
  • Have fun. <3

Herp derp space fill
Staff:
(Old staff, PM me for your roles back if you want them. :3)

Admin-
.Foreign.Potato.

Moderators-
wesleydog
H o w l i n g
albinoBroccoli

Artists-
-Kiley-
.Vetinator.

Guest Artists-
Sandwitch
albinoBroccoli
Nimrod97
(Guest) Artist Guidelines:

How you can be one:
  • This is not one of the adopting threads that has a form that allows anyone to be a guest artist.
  • Some people don't have as much practice with the oekaki and I have a certain standard. ^^;
    I am looking for experienced artists.
  • I may PM some people that have taken interest in these adopts that I would like to have as a guest.
  • People who have nice designs and experience with the oekaki are allowed to PM me if they wish. :3
  • I only pick around 2-3 guests at a time. And I have the right to decline anyone. :3 It is not often that there are guests, though.
  • Being respectful, mature, and rule-following strengthens your chances!

Artist Rules:
  • Make sure you read about the species info here on this thread and listed on the oekaki.
  • Like the first rule here, follow the species rules!
  • If you fall in love with a design you make, PM me and I will see if you can keep it. But you can't keep every design!
  • You are kept for no limit of time, just because it's not often that more guests are added.
  • The customs and designs have to be original designs, not based off of any preexisting character.
  • Don't give out a free one to a friend

How to adopt them out:
Since this is just warming up,
I don't want any of the forms for adopting to be very official.
I just want them to find good homes!

• Only users with at least 200 posts and 2 months of being a user on CS can adopt.
  • You can make a raffle where entrants are chosen randomly. (With numbers)
  • Best name, personality, or short story contest. I suggest you only pick one of those. ;3
  • Perfect form contest with first come first serve, as long as the user meets the requirements. (first rule in this section)
  • Contest where user describes what the would do with it when they got it or something.
  • Random trivia and the correct answer gets it
  • PM me for more ideas. :3
  • Make nice adoption forms like this: (Post this on your adoption) (Non-artists don't touch this)
    [code][b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b]
    [b](Your form of adopting out the creature):[/b]
    [b]Other:[/b] [/code]

F.A.Q.

Can I be an artist/mod?
I may open a form to be an artist at some point but right now, no thanks. :3
And I have 3 amazing mods already so there is no need for more!

I wanna be a guest artist!!
I am allowing guest artists but I am only looking for experienced oekaki users. ;3
Read the section that says "Guest Artists" above to learn more!

Can I have a custom?
In time my friends. I will have a post for customs up eventually.

Is there a roleplay?
xD No sorry bros. At least not yet!

Can I make fan arts! :D
I would love for you to. <3 Just if its an owned character make sure to ask the owner. :3 And don't make your own!
And you can make gift lines, if you wish. :3 Just get the species traits right and maybe PM me for more direction. :3

How many can we own?
No limit for any species yet. :3 So it's a party!

How many can we try out for at a time?
You can try out for as many as you want, but can only win one of them per 24 hours.

Can they have items?
Yes, the only one that CAN'T though, is Ajiro.

I want a free one for my random special holiday! Gimmie?
Urm, nope. No free ones unless you are a good friend or a guest artist who is allowed to make one personal custom.

How do I adopt one?
Go onto the page of the one you wish to adopt and there will be a provided form there. Copy and paste it into a reply on the creature's oekaki page, fill all of the criteria in, and post it. :3 There it will be judged with all the other forms by the artist to see who has won it!

How come I posted a form and didn't win?
The artists pick the winner with their own personal preference. Sorry!
But you can try out for another one and make your form better than the last! :3

Can I make my own, steal your species, or take concepts from your species to make my own?
NOOO. You can not steal my species - or parts of it - at all, and for making you own - only if I allow it or your one guest artist custom.
That is it.

I don't like/want/need/have time for my creature should I just forget it?
No! Give it back to me and I will put it back up for adoption! I totally understand if you don't want it anymore, it has happened to me and many others. :3 Just don't forget it or give it to someone else. Tell me! :3

I have the old version of one of the species, can you revamp/color it in on these lines?
I am going to set up customs partially for that reason. Or you can PM and we can see if I can do it then, but with a little payment. :3

Can we breed the creatures?
I will definitely try to make lines for mates and babies at some point so we can. :D
But please don't do it your self.

Last edited by foreign-potato on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 41 times in total.
foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Creatures

Postby foreign-potato » Mon May 14, 2012 4:18 am

The Creatures:

Ajiro-
Species by Sandwitch, with permission.

Looks: Big feathery wings, lynx's face, very long and puffy snow leopard tail, lynx's body, long fur, pretty face, slim but muscular, agile, and sleek. They grow up to 1.5 meters tall. Very rarely they can have two meters. Items are never on this species.
Coloration: All natural canine/feline colors that you can prove they exist. No other unnatural colors are allowed on this creature, that includes wings. The eyes have to be colors of canine and feline eyes only, too. The designs may vary, though. Natural and unnatural markings are know in the breed. Stripes, spots, scribbles, what ever you can name can be on them.
Personality: Generally a shy and sweet species. They are caring for each other and loved ones.They do keep to themselves when they feel threatened, and are skittish in those times. They are carnivores and like to eat deer and some other small mammals.
Mutations: Mutations almost don't exist. But if a mutation happens, it'll probably be a mane or short fur or something subtle like that. If an Ajiro is an albino, probably they will be very weak and die early. They're still not blind, bu they do have health issues. Albinism is very rare among Ajiros.
Other Lines: Old by me, Baby and Adult by me,

Belluli-
Previously named Faicat

Looks: A little cat, a round 2 feet from head to toe standing.They have translucent wings that resemble fairy's, or maybe dragon fly's wings, are on its back. It has little curled string-like things at the end of its ears. Their body is very agile, lean and graceful. They are known for their beauty, and sometimes misleading looks. Their magic is so plentiful it is seen pouring from their feet.
Coloration:Belluli can have any color on them. Neon, natural, grey scheme, etc. All can appear on them. The natural colors are uncommon on the species, though. They mainly have bright, fun colors. Markings are the same way. They can have any shape or pattern, but natural patterns are harder to come by.
Personality: There are two different kinds of Belluli. The Good, and The Bad. The Good are sweet and silly. They like playing little pranks and flying around. They are very spirited and kind. They love being social. They are marked with white, tribal markings that include circles and arcs. Now, The Bad, they are the more negative side of the Belluli. They are more hidden, and antisocial. They are said to be the cause of bad things in our world. They do bad things. The Bad are marked with black tribal markings with sharp, angular cuts and points. Belluli are generally omnivores, but The Good ones are known for eating more plants and fruit, while The Bad eat more meats.
Mutations: Mutations are only uncommon in this species. Who knows what you may find.
Other Lines: None that are revamped.

Zazona-
Full name is Zazurzona, previously called Trophels

Looks: A creature with a very silky mane and scales so fine it's more like skin. Their front feet have three fingers, the back have four webbed toes. The nose and ear are more like sensors, rather than actual "holes" leading into the body to get the messages to the brain. They have a long thick tail, a slim muscular body, and very powerful legs. They also have gills so they can breathe under water on their neck in a patch where the mane isn't present.
Coloration:Their colors consist of ones that are found on fish under water. Bright salt water colors are the most common, natural fresh water colors are uncommon, and browns are rare on them. Their patterns can be anything, there is no limit.
Personality: They are mainly independent creatures, living alone and only coming together to reproduce. Some times a breeding pair will stick together and live with each other until they are somehow separated. They are docile and only become aggressive when it is needed. Some males can be a little territorial. Zazona are omnivores, eating fish and water-plants. They mainly live in water, fresh or salt water, but can travel on land for short amounts of time.
Mutations: They don't occur often, maybe a tail tip or mane difference. It's usaully small and uncommon-rare.

Joia-
Previously named Haboxi

Looks: Large, blocky-figured big cats. They have odd wings connected to their front legs and chest. The wings are made of a very tough, skin-like flap protruding from the body. They can't really fly with them, glide a little distance only. They are generally very majestic and beautiful creatures, though. Joia have gems on their bodies, too, the females have an extra one in the middle of their forehead. They also have two whisker-like strings coming from either side of the base of the tail. Their ears are pear shaped and have two hard 'thorns' on the tips. Their is actually a small bone from the skull to the thorns on the tip of their ears.
Coloration:Joia have natural base colors. Most of the time they are only naturally colored only, aside from the gems and wings, but sometimes they have an unnatural marking or pattern. The unnatural color is NEVER a base coat color. Only a marking color. Their gems, eyes, and wings can be any color. The only colors absent from them is neon.
Personality: They live kind of like lions. The male Joia own a pride of females. The male takes part in the hunting and battles along with the females, though. They are very noble and majestic creatures. The are carnivores, eating big game mainly. The prides are generally peaceful, too. Joia are a little competitive and arrogant, but very protective and strong.
Mutations: Can happen but they are uncommon to rare. Not sure what they may consist of yet.

Daihren-
Thank you Sandwitch for the name!

Looks: They are a mix of canine and feline parts. Some parts are a total mix and maybe not canine or feline at all. The muzzle is very flat on the face and rather blockily shaped. Their body's are slim and long-legged. At special points, elemental mutations appear on the body. The ears, tail, and back are main places for elemental mutations to happen. Air=feathers, Earth=plants, Fire=fire, Water=fins.
Coloration:Their colors are mainly natural with unnatural markings like the Zoia's. Neons are harder to come by, but may happen. Patterns are markings can be both natural and unnatural for the Daihren.
Personality: Shy, docile, and a little bizarre. They live where their element is shown most. For example, water will live in the sea or a lake, air will like the mountains or trees, fire will enjoy hotter places like deserts or a volcano. They can act different depending on their element, too. Air are more free-willed and exotic. Fire is more passionate and unexpected. Water is more passive and easy going. Earth is more strong-willed and calm. They are all random and spontaneous , though. They are omnivores, and that can depend on where they live.
Mutations: Mutations happen commonly. Maybe special elemental mutations will occur or special mutations. It's fun to see the out comes.
Last edited by foreign-potato on Tue May 29, 2012 4:36 am, edited 5 times in total.
foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Customs and Stuff

Postby foreign-potato » Mon May 14, 2012 4:19 am

Customs and stuff...
Last edited by foreign-potato on Mon May 14, 2012 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affiliates c:

Postby foreign-potato » Mon May 14, 2012 4:19 am

Some little advertisement :3

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1181836][img]http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p608/tortoiseshellwarrior/08b9644be4b780a96cd183adf7a9c03e.gif?t=1343236993[/img][/url]

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by foreign-potato on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 8 times in total.
foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Creature Run V.4

Postby albinoBroccoli » Mon May 14, 2012 4:28 am

I'M HERE

Already looks awesome Potatoooo!

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koiley » Mon May 14, 2012 4:29 am

OH MY GAWD TATERS.
Koiley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leirah. » Mon May 14, 2012 4:30 am

I really want one of these they are so awesome!
[center]
↹leaving CS due to the fact I happen to disagree with a certain rule.
[size=85]"What did he do to you?"

"He loved me."

leirah.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foreign-potato » Mon May 14, 2012 4:31 am

:'D Thank you everyone and hi my followers! <333
characters

★nontheist; pro-choice; human rights ★
Find me on
dA!

looking for art or designs --
offering very rare list pets and more

foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby albinoBroccoli » Mon May 14, 2012 4:32 am

God they look so cute. :'D

I proclaim that person in the middle to be Scamps. :3

charactersdatumblrask.fm

on hiatus
albinoBroccoli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foreign-potato » Mon May 14, 2012 4:33 am

xDDD Good call maybe I should edit that in.
characters

★nontheist; pro-choice; human rights ★
Find me on
dA!

looking for art or designs --
offering very rare list pets and more

foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes