Caspian

Postby grizzly. » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:23 am

ImageImage Image

Meet Caspain. This little boy can sure be a handful. He
was never the obedient child, mainly because he
was never really treated very...well. At least not
by his father. It's complicated, it always has been.
Even from before Caspian was born. His parents got
married young, never went onto college and had their
first daughter, Clara, followed by Mira three years
later, Caspian a year later and their youngest,
Aphrodite a year later. Raising the four children was
a difficult task for the couple, a they weren't able to
make enough money. Clara was always the one either
taking care of her younger siblings or out at a part-time
job once she turned thirteen. Caspain was the only son
of the four, and was picked on and teased by his sisters,
but he knew very well that they would always have his
back. His parents were always gone working, trying to
make enough money, but never could. All four kids, even
though they are all old enough to move out, they decided
to stay at home with their parents until they could get on
their own two feet. Caspian was never really favored among
all the children, his father especially found a strong
resentment towards him, and would often hit him when
he wasn't able to do what his sisters were able to, but that
soon came to a stop when Clara and Mira stepped in to put
it to a halt. Being an unruly boy with no money to afford anything
he was still able to go and find peace in the water. The ocean
creatures would always bring peace to his mind. Whenever he
was stressed out or couldn't take much more of life at home, he
would always run down to the sea side, taking the same path
through the woods to ensure that nobody was following him,
especially his father. This path would lead to a cliff that over
looked the ocean. He would lay down on the edge of that cliff
and just look out the ocean. He doesn't know what it is about
that ocean, but it always manages to calm him down and help
him find a way to clear his head and devise a plan on how he
should get out of this place, at least away from his father.

____________ ____________
    name: caspian oliver rosewood
    sexuality: heterosexual

quilts, post-it notes, beaches,
    books, swimming, surfing, sea
    creatures, photography, sailing

dislikes:tea, fishing, hot dogs,
    rules, small spaces, snow, smoke,
    clothes/accessories, being ignored.

good habit:is very
    considerate of others

bad habit:can have a very
    short temper

good traits:accountable
    bad traits:cantankerous

mane color:black and white
    manestyle:normal
    eye color:maroon
    build:lean

parents:pete and josie
    siblings:clara, mira, aphrodite
    pets:--
    other:parents and siblings are
    made-up and not actual viscets.

friends:faye, porter, pearl,
    kamali

enemies:--
    crush:faye
    dating:--

____________ ____________

"Floating in the sea. I cannot explain the reasons
    as to why I love it so much, I mean my family was
    never based around water, so it's kind of weird that
    I find solace there. But, whenever I see a dolphin,
    or a fish jump I just want to join them. It's like
    they're calling out to me to come swim with them.
    However, manatees are probably my favorite water
    creature. They're so giant, yet they're extremely
    friendly. Then again, I also really like seahorses.
    They're such unique creatures! On top of tiny. I
    mean what other animal do you know where the
    male carries the babies?? How amazing is that?!
    The male carries the eggs! I can't get over that.
    Gosh I love sea animals. They're so unique. They
    are just...I can't even explain it. They're amazing.
    Plain and simple. They are amazing."
                  - Caspain

Image Image
      "I can tell you a bit about Margo. She's mainly known as Pearl by others, but her real name, Margo, means pearl, and a lot of people say that she looks similar to a stripped pearl. She's a very sweet girl. Very friendly. However, she does try to act as if she's my mother. I already have one of those, and her and I sort of get along. Anyway, this is about Margo, not my personal life. Margo. She isn't exactly one that is adventurous, so nothing really crazy happens whenever her and I hang out. However, since she is so motherly by nature it makes it easy to talk to her about things. Personal things, things on my mind...things at home. She's very understanding and I guess you could say that she's my best friend. Oh, and only I get to call her Margo. She prefers others to call her Pearl, but I can get away with it."

Image Image
      "Ah, Porter. I've met him a few times. He was very...well, very distant. He also seems to be very...well, he seems like he's seen a lot of, but he's only about my age if not a little older. I don't know much about him, but he seems to be a pretty well-rounded viscet, but doesn't seem to be very focused on anything besides getting through the day. I haven't seen him in a while, as he has quite a few good stories to tell as we would walk a long the shore side. It was nice, hearing someone's stories. He's a good guy. I don't have anything bad to say about him, and would be there in a heartbeat to help him in any way possible. I just wish he'd stop by again sometime."

Image Image
    "You want to know a bit about my relationship with Ali!! Oh, she's great! She's usually the one that will go on crazy, random adventures with me. Although, she tends to like to do things that aren't...well, that aren't really safe, and I don't think they're legal either. She's quite the joyous one to be around because she surrounds her thought process around having fun and making memories. I've never met someone that is so carefree about where they end up. Ali, well, she simply doesn't care. She literally lives her life one minute at a time. She never knows where she's going or what she's going to do next. I find it quite fascinating, actually. However, her carefree and reckless lifestyle kind of conflicts with mine. I mean, I'm all for a good party or rebelling every now and again, but I also like having some idea of where my life is going. Just like Porter, I haven't really seen her for a while, and I kind of wish she'd come back around sometime so we could hang out."

Image Image==Image
    "You want to know about Faye? Well, to be honest, I could go on about her for days. But, I'll just keep it relatively short. First thing about Faye, is that she's probably the sweetest girl I've ever met. I have never met someone so kind, and so...so, well, how do I put it...childish? I don't mean that in a bad way! I mean that in the best way possible! I really do. I have nothing bad to say about Faye. No, sirree I do not. She's, well, I'd have to say that she's perfect. Her markings are unique, and they almost seem to have a soft glow to them, but I know they don't. She just...she lights up a room whenever she walks in. At least, that's how I see it. Also, if you haven't guessed by now, I have a major crush on Faye. I guess I'd even go as far to say that I love her. I don't know what love feels like, but I think I would have to say that how I feel about Faye is that I love her. However, I know she doesn't feel the same way...I only know this because I've been obvious about it, and have gotten her a teddy bear, that's twice her size, gotten her a bunch of flowers...you know, the things that one would typically get for their significant other on Valentine's Day, and such. Her only response is an excited squeal and her saying that I'm the bestest friend ever. Yeah...friend. But, I guess hearing her squeal excitedly makes my stomach do flips. Why do I do this to myself. I spend most of my time with her, yet she has no romantic interest in me. Ugh, I watch her go and hang out with other guys, and it tears me apart, but I couldn't ever tell her that...What if it ruins my friendship with her?! I'd lose her all together and I...I just have to have her in some way. If not as my mate, then as my friend. Faye is just...the sweetest little thing I've ever met, and whoever wins her tender heart better know that he or she holds the best thing in their paws. That I'll forever envy him (or her) for winning her over, but at the same time I'll accept him as a friend so that Faye doesn't get upset. The things you'll do for one you love...even if she doesn't have a clue."

Last edited by grizzly. on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:56 am, edited 14 times in total.
grizzly.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #433 - Open

Postby jumu » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Username: Lioth

Name: Kai Len
Name Meaning: Kai means sea, Len means lion strength. I put them together so they mean sea lion strength.
Nickname: Kale

Theme Song: Could Have Been Me
Best Friend: A small turtle named Ekko
Fandom: Gravity Falls

♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒
♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒
♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒
♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒♒

Who is she?
Kai Len is a very sweet Viscet. Some would argue that she doesn't have a mean bone in her body, but that is not the case. She, like everyone else, has done something wrong in her life.
However, despite attempting to be kind all the time to everyone, she still has her less decent qualities. Kai Len is sometimes very sarcastic or mean. Because she's so nice one might think that you can walk all over her, but that is not the case, and she will let you know this.

Why should I care?
Well, she's what this entire form is about, so if you're reading this you should definitely care. She is, admittedly, the most fabulous Viscet ever.

So what should I know about Kai Len?
Well... there's quite a lot you should know. But I guess I'll put it in a list form so it's easier to read.

Favorite Color - Mint Blue
Favorite Food - Wild onions
Favorite Book - The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
Favorite Show - Gravity Falls
Favorite Author - Stephen King
Favorite Thing - A mint blue pen
Favorite Game - Pokemon X
Favorite Song - Jukebox Hero by Foreigner
Favorite Accessory - Fingerless gloves
Favorite Number - 13
Favorite Word - Zoo
Favorite Plant - Bamboo

Anything else?
Not really, no. However, if I were you, I'd stick around for tales of Kai Len's lifetime....

♒♒

Slowly, I lifted my tired eyes to meet the horizon. The sky was darkening very quickly. For one moment, though, I saw land ahead of us. It was so far in the distance that I thought that it wasn't real. But it was. I soon fell asleep with the land just out of sight.

When I awoke, the sounds of people and creatures alike bustling all around greeted me. I quickly shot up. All of the commotion meant that the ferry had reached the island. I jumped up and down in joy at this thought, waiting for everyone else to clear off of the deck.

I was so excited. I was here. I was on the island where dreams came true for people and animals alike. No one knew what truly lied beyond the front gates for them, but most had an idea.

Yume Island was known for being a place of magic. Being one of the most famous tourist attractions on the planet, anything was bound to happen. But most often it was a wish.

"Ekko! Ekko! Get up!" I screeched. The small turtle made a creaking sound, turning towards me slowly. "What do you want, Kai Len? I was taking a nap." I whined and pointed ahead "We're here! We're finally here!"

I picked Ekko up off of the floor and bolted for the edge of the ferry. Most of the passengers had already departed. Soon they would be loading on passengers headed for the mainland, and that is not something I thought the miniature turtle would ever want to be caught up in.

I took a deep breath, inhaling the scent of the crisp sea. The ocean air was very light and full of ambition. This was the place where I belonged. I knew it.

The island looked so beautiful that day. The waters were a clear blue-green, and the smiles on the faces of the people gave it a happy tone. The sun shone on the brick houses. It was so... happy that day.

I walked down Main Street, looking at all of the small businesses cluttered there. Happy couples and laughing children bustled all around us. Ekko mumbled in disapproval of all the happiness, but I ignored him and watched the natives interact with the tourists.

"Ekko, stop being such a grumpy grump," I told him. Ekko squirmed on my back, presumably to get closer to my ears. "Well, Kai Len, I wouldn't be such a so called 'grumpy grump' if we had decided to live somewhere a little less... charismatic."

I shushed him and turned to look at the town square. A tall statue of one of the most legendary Viscets ever to walk amongst humans stood there, towering over its people in corroded copper color. Several people stood around it, taking pictures and touching its gigantic feet. The sheer feel of the old statue made me stop walking simply to stare at it.

His name was Pon. He lived long ago, back when the island was very isolated from the world. He saved the island from destruction, facing up to humans against all odds when they tried to turn it into a nuclear plant. Not only did he save the island, but he was a beloved pet of the islanders, and when he passed on they created a large copper statue in the center of the island in his memory.

I wanted to be like Pon. I wanted to change a life, no matter how insignificant. All life was precious. I just needed to find the person who truly needed my help.

Steadily I trudged on down the avenue. The warm cobblestone streets felt amazing on my paws. After traveling here from somewhere so cold, the warmth gave my soul hope for this place. I could definitely get used to not shivering all the time. Warmth was precious back in the cold, northern village I was from. Here it was plentiful.

I could feel that Ekko was getting tired. The delicate warmth that was surrounding him put him in an extremely sleepy state. I cursed my fur for capturing so much heat before I place him inside my cool canvas bag.

After roughly five minutes of walking down Main Street we were no longer in the major tourist part of the island. Businesses and housing now resided next to each other. All of the buildings were spaced apart and there were no posters advertising specials for island visitors. An aura of peace whipped around us and the people now looked less fake and more friendly. Signs now depicted sales on locally grown foods and certain religious items.

That moment was when something on the street caught my eye. The flash from the reflection made me stumble to the right. My eyes hurt and I waited until there was a cloud covering the sun.

As the minimal shade slid over the area I jogged towards the object. The closer I got to it, the more clear it became. The object that had nearly had me stumbling around blind was in fact a necklace. The entire thing was gold, with a small golden pendant the size of a thumb nail. The front had a tribal looking design on it. I pondered what it could mean before I opened the pendant. Inside, there was an inscription.

"I wanna live better days.
Never look back and say,
Could have been me."

I stared at the pendant. What could this mean? And who did it belong to? Questions were swirling round and round in my head, and I had the worst time trying to sort them all out. It was so... weird. However, I really liked this necklace. Perhaps, for now, I could keep the necklace with me so it is easier to find the owner.

Tossing the necklace over my head, I started walking again. Soon I would arrive at my grandmother's house. It was just beyond the mountain located in the center of the island. Little did I know, down the lane in the threshold of a corner store, a woman who had many necklaces like them smiled at the idea that she had just influenced one Viscet to change the world.

End.
Look Shady-sama, I arted.
Last edited by jumu on Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:59 am, edited 14 times in total.
jumu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astral. » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:30 pm

Username: ♡ K e a n a i.
Name: Nautilus
Art:
Major WIP!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

send me a pm for whatever reason <3
Tam - she/her
discord; astral.#3158

artfight ;; toyhouse ;; my kals ;; coffee? ;;
deviantart ;; pyjammies ;; my nagas

sig art is by me <3
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

astral.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Razors » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:35 am

Username: Razors
Name: Lottie
Art: Plenty of art below. (Not all by me.)

::The Story of Lottie.::

"Little Lottie! Little Lottie! Come and play!"
I will never forget that day. The voices, even now, ringing clear in my memory whenever I look upon the ocean. I could swear they call to me still...

I was young, having only just been granted the ability to stray from my mother for short periods of times. You see, it was only my mother and I. My mother said the sea had taken my father from her just before I was born. I always put my father's death as the reason my mother was so afraid of the ocean, though if she was so afraid, I never understood why we lived so close. My home was a forest that bordered a sandy beach. I remember collecting shells there when I was young, bringing them home to my mother as gifts. Every time I came home with something from the beach or the sea she would always tell me. " Little Lottie, please don't stray...There are things within those waves that would take you away...." Of couse, me being the little viscling that I was, I felt my mother was just being overcautious. I had only ever seen dolphins, fish, and birds playing about the ocean, there was nothing there that could do me harm...

(Art by me)

There they were, the sweet, melodious voices that called to me as I stooped to grasp a particularly pretty shell from the sand. As I looked to the waves that slide towards my feet, I almost swore I saw tiny hands curling about the waves. Frothy and white, like the sea foam scattered about me. It was a silly notion, to think that hands were in the water. As I went back to my shell, wiping the sand from its polished frame, the voices came again. " Oh! Little Lottie! Such a pretty one! Come to the water and join us in the fun!" I could no longer deny that I heard the voices, singsong in nature, with chimes and tunes that made my heart flutter. So enticing was the melody that I could not help myself. With my shell in hand, I turned towards the water and stepped forward, the soft tug of the water as it withdrew only seeming to drag me closer.

As the water splash about my legs, I couldn't help but look down, a soft tickling and scritching at my fur alerting me to something different. I gasped as a new wave lapped against my legs, the foam it brought with it....indeed formed hands, and the hands were attached to bodies. Swirling, liquified bodies, with humanlike faces, and seaweed hair that swirled about in the ebb and flow of tide. "LITTLE LOTTIE! COME AND PLAY!" A shout, this time. So loud in my ears that I dropped my shell and tucked my head down, trying to flatten my ears and cover them with my paws. Before I knew it, the tide withdrew, the hands tugging my feet out from under me and a dark shadow looming above. Several of the liquid creatures had risen on a wave, which loomed over my fallen body and soon, crashed down upon me.

I was covered in cold, my breath knocked from my lungs and my body tumbling head over paw. I felt my head knock against the sand, and for a moment I saw little more than black and white, the throbbing in my head enough to sober me up and bring me back to reality. I suppose my body had known not to draw in breath, for I was lucky enough not to do so. But I was still within the water, and the creatures had a firm hold on my legs. I was losing sight, no...not sight. I was merely losing the light of day. They were dragging me deep, so deep that I could feel the pressure of the water pressing against me, popping my ears and forcing what was left of my oxygen supply from my lungs. I struggled, clawing at the water and kicking my legs, my maw opening and releasing large bubbles as I struggled for breath. I was going to die...I should have listened to my mother...why did I not listen to my mother?

(Art by me)

"Oh dear! Oh dear! She shed a tear!"
The music rang once more in my ears, and I felt a chill against my face, my eyes focusing from what little of the sun's light I could still see, to a creature that held my face within its hands. I have never found humans to be lovely, in fact, I find their little hairless forms to be quite appalling, but this creature...Though it appeared human enough, it was so very beautiful. That liquid body was about the same structure of a humans. Two arms, two legs, a head, hair, eyes, nose, mouth....A mouth which was soon pressed to my muzzle. " We learned our lesson the first time 'round! We will keep this one safe and sound!" As the song echo about me, I found my lungs suddenly filled with air. The mouth of the one which held me had blown within my maw and, somehow, given me the ability to breath.

Sputtering and choking, I tried so very hard to understand what was happening, but as young as I was, I could think of nothing but going home to my momma. I was scared. I should not be underwater. I could not breath under water! But yet, there I was, breathing...as deep as any creature of the sea would go. " There we are, there we are..." I could feel them, cold hands seeking to brush little fingers through my fur, petting me everywhere. Like I was some fascinating creature which they had never been able to touch before. " Don't worry Lottie, it's not far!" The petting continued and my body began to be tugged once more, deeper within the water. When we finally reach the bottom, the light above was barely visible. Just a tiny hint of the day lay above me, and below, empty sand.

I will never forget...the creatures that swirled about me, then. The colors that flashed about the darkness, so beautiful in their display. My fear was slowly slipping away, and I found myself curious about these creatures, curious about why they brought me here, about what they were, of how they made me breathe underwater. I wanted to know it all. But I found that though I could breathe under water, I could not speak. Any time I tried, my words became a garbled mess, sounding more like squeaks and whistles in the water. It seemed to amuse the creatures, though, for each time I tried, their precious laughter echoed around me, causing my heart to flutter with glee.

I did not understand why I was so enamoured with these creatures, but the more I heard their sing-song words, and the more I gazed upon them, the more I wanted to stay with them, to spend time with them. Wanted them to pet me and hold me, and cuddle me. I was not a pet....but to these water creatures...I could be. " Oh, ho! So cute, so cute! We've made her mute!" They finally spoke of my inability to communicate, but it seemed to be fine with them. And so it was fine with me. It did not take long for them to become accustomed to me, and everyone seemed to have gained their fill of petting and touching me. The time spent within the water became a blur. All I knew was these creatures, they fed me fish, played with me, pet me. They loved me....But I still missed my momma...

As it were, my mother was heavy on my mind, it had only ever been the two of us, and my mother had always said I was her everything. I never doubted that my mother loved me, I never will. Had it not been for her, I would have surely stayed within the realm of these beautiful creatures. They treated me well, they fed me, brushed me, gave me affection and played with me, what more could I want? Ah, but I was a child, and eventually I became homesick. The creatures took note, cooing their songs into my ears and whispering of how much they loved me. There were many of them, and only one mother. Surely their love outweighed my mother's? No, it did not. There was, as said, only one of my mother, she was never to be replaced...and I could not stop the longing I held in my heart.

I wanted to go home, I missed my mother, I missed the sunshine, the breeze, the warmth of the day. This ocean was cold, these creatures were colder. I could not bear it, and apparently, neither could they. " Oh...Lottie, our sweet...so glad we were able to meet..." They spoke, petting through my fur and placing loving kisses all over me. "If you must leave, then we will set you free....But please, remember us well when you look to the sea!" I imagined them crying, as they said their words, for I could hear the sobs within their song. My body was gently brought to the surface, the petting and kissing continued until the moment I finally stepped out of the water. The hands within the waves seemed to reach for me each time they lapped against the shore.

A long moment passed, where I could do little but stare at the water, tears streaming from my eyes and mingling with the salty water of the ocean that soaked my fur. As much as I had longed for home, I would still miss the beauties of the ocean. The creatures within. Finally, turning away from the ocean, I faced the forest and headed within, seeking out the mother whom I had been so homesick for. Whom I had left the water people for.

"Mamma?" I had cried, heading towards the nest where we stayed. " Mamma!" I began to worry, wondering if my mother had left after she could not find me. How long had it been, since I had been within the waters of the ocean? How long had I been gone from my mother? I did not know, and I began to feel scared once more, tears yet again rising to my eyes and streaking along my face. " Mommy...." I cried, stumbling into the area where my nest had been and collapsing to the earth in sorrow. My mother was gone, I would never see her again....and I didn't know if I could go back to the sea people.

" Lottie?" A familiar voice rang behind me, the sound and smell of my mother erupting around me. Engulfing me in an embrace that I longed for so deeply, that I could not help but cry. " Momma!" I yelped, picking myself up and running into her, pressing my cold face into her chest and attempting to huddle as tightly to her as possible. " Lottie! Oh my Lottie! I thought the sea took you from me! Oh I thought I'd lost you forever! My sweet Lottie!" In a heap of sobbing mess, we held each other, kissed, hugged, cuddled...I had missed my mother so very much. I had not realized the extent of it, until I had finally seen her. I cried myself to sleep in my mother's embrace, her warm body curled about mine, keeping me safe and warm.

(Lottie and Momma, by *Shiveren* )

It was not until later, when I woke, that my mother questioned me. Apparently I had changed. My pelt had once been a simple, ordinary black and white. I looked like my mother-- or used to, anyway. But now, it had changed. My mother said I looked extraordinary, and that no other viscet on earth looked as gorgeous as I did. I felt proud, but also thankful, and I still do. For I know this was a gift from the ocean people. A final farewell from them to me. As I told my story to my mother, she seemed stunned, worried, but also amazed. She went to the ocean to thank the creatures inside for allowing me to return to her. But I think she was still afraid they would want to take me back, one day.

It wasn't long before she decided to 'migrate' as she called it. Our nest was left behind, as was the ocean. It was a sad day for me, as I had enjoyed going to the ocean and trying to talk to the creatures, though they no longer spoke back to me. We left the ocean behind, moving to a place far from it, and far from any other major body of water. My mother had always been protective, but I suppose she had her reasons for it. I am sure I will warn my own children of the dangers, when, or if, I have any. But that day is still long away.

Now that my mother is gone, and I am older, I find myself once more drawn to the ocean, back to the old nest we had lived, where I had been born. It was still unoccupied, maybe everyone else was afraid of the water, too. Not me...I was not afraid. No...for every time I look upon those beautiful blue waves, all I hear...is their voice in my ears....

(Art by mothermother)

::Lottie Today::

Lottie has a love of the ocean that runs deep, though maybe it is more a love of what lies within than the ocean itself. Lottie's mother passed some time ago, and she left the mountains to return to their old nest in the forest where she was born. Lottie passes the time by roaming the beach and collecting shells, speaking to the waves as if she spoke with an old friend. She has never heard the melody of the sea people again, and sometimes she wonders if it was merely a dream. It is moments like these that she chooses to look herself over, taking in the beautiful colors of the coat she had been given, and remembering that it was not a dream, but a reality. She had met the creatures, which she now knows were sea nymphs, and they had treated her kindly. It was only recently that she put the words of the nymphs together, the mistake they had made mention of, when she was younger, most likely being her father. It had only been through the death of her father that the nymphs had understood that Lottie would need oxygen to survive under the water. She does not blame the nymphs for her father's death, as she feels it was an accident. They never harmed her, and surely he was simply an accident of ignorance. Lottie rarely ever leaves the ocean's side, finding herself far too in love with it to move anywhere else.
((this Art by So.Much.Space ))

::Personality::

Lottie loves the ocean, but there is more to her than simply this. Though her mother is gone, she still holds her teachings and her words dear to her heart. She longs to be the same calm, gentle, and loving spirit as her mother. Patience is something she has a great deal of, though, much like the ocean, she can be dreadfully unpredictable. Thus far, in her life, she has never had a moment where she has been truly, deeply, angry. She has been mad, but never to a point where she completely loses herself in her anger. She is fairly understanding, choosing to speak little and to think things over before she does so. Lottie has a very reserved personality, not awkward, but simply quiet. An introvert by nature, she finds the sweetest solace in being alone, but this is not always true. She can find as much peace in simply being with someone she loves as being alone. No words are necessary, for Lottie, and the peace of their presence is often enough to keep her happy. Her mother always claimed she had an old soul, as she always preferred collecting shells and walking the beach to playing games. She has never experienced any real pain, or longing, or hunger, and she claims this is due to her mother's dedication to her, inspiring Lottie to be a dependable, reliable creature. Should she say she will do something, she will do it. If she were to die, she would like people to speak nothing ill of her. She longs to be the one they remember as selfless and kind.
(Lottie by the sea, by Razors (me))

::Relationships::

For the most part, it has been Lottie and her mother. It wasn't until a few months after she arrived back at her old home beside the ocean that any other Viscets chose to relocate to her forest. Being a male, at first Lottie was worried that they had come to try and court her. She was surprised, though, to notice that the male chose to try and stay out of her sight and out of her way. From the point of his arrival until, probably the end of his first year within the forest they share, he had kept away from her. But slowly she started to notice that he would come to the beach when she did her morning and nightly walks about the shore. He never approached her, he simply watched. She tried twice to approach him and see if he needed anything, only to have him run off. It was by luck that she managed to run into the male while he was sleeping near the edge of the forest that became sandy beach. She woke the male gently, only to watch him cower before her. It was the oddest way to begin a relationship, and their first meeting was a mere exchange of names before he ran from her. Six was his name. She did not catch him watching her on her walks again for another three months. Finally, he came, this time though, he approached her. Six was clearly anxious, timid...It surprised her that a male that was much larger than her could be afraid of her. From that moment on, the two met on the beach for her morning and nightly walks. She pitied Six, but soon that fade. The timid viscet seemed to grow more confident the longer he spent time with her. Again, she was surprised. The male that had been trembling in fear under her shadow, had the widest, purest, smile she had ever in her life seen. Apart from her mother, Six had to be the brightest soul she had ever laid eyes on. Later, Six confess to her that it was probably her patience with him that gave him time to build up the courage to approach her. He was thankful that she had not pressured her or cornered him and forced him into anything. The two have become very close, and Six had confessed further to her that, should he have been able to have chosen a sister, she would have been it. A peaceful companionship is shared between these two. He is her only friend, and as far as she knows, she is his only friend. They seem content with this...and honestly, if she could have had a brother, she would have chosen Six to be it.

(Soul Siblings. By Razors (me))
Last edited by Razors on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Razors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby evertheweather » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 am

.monday.

Monday wrote:my favourite day of the week is Tuesday, actually.

things you should know about me wrote:Hi there! I'm Monday, and here's some stuff you should know about me!
+I'm genderfluid, biologically male. some days, I'll go by him, others,
I'll go by them. I rarely go by she, but sometimes I do.
+I love to draw! I often carry my sketchbook everywhere I go, along
with at least one pen or pencil.
+I may seem sort of intimidating, but I actually love cuddles, and
wouldn't dream of hurting a fly.
+my favourite colour is this shade of blue.
+if you misgender someone on purpose, I won't be happy.
+my favourite thing to draw is the ocean! it's really pretty and
serene.
+my favourite day of the week is Tuesday- ironic, is it not?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Imageart by me <3
username; CinnamonHearts
name; Monday
gender; genderfluid, prefers he/him or they/them mostly

ImageImageImageImage
Imageart by me <3

ImageImageImageImage
well, that's pretty much it. all there is to me, Monday. huh...? you want me to tell you a story? hmm, I don't really have much of an interesting backstory, but... I guess I could tell you about the first time I saw the ocean. I almost drowned, and there are mentions of that happening in the story, so be warned if you're triggered easily!

Monday wrote:It was a warm summer day, and a young Viscet was visiting the ocean with it's family. This was the first time a younger Monday had ever seen the ocean, and he was excited. His mother smiled at her son, who was lifting his paws up and bringing them down heavily on the sand, leaving deep paw-marks. As soon as the large body of water came into view, Monday smiled widely and bounded over, his eyes shimmering with unspoken glee. At almost a year old, the young Viscet didn't talk much. In fact, he was practically mute, only speaking to close family- even that was a rare occurrence in itself, though. Monday had reached the waterline, and started inching towards the water on all fours. A wave knocked over his head, making him splutter, but he shook it off. His mother sat near the water, but not close enough to get her fur wet. She watched her son with keen eyes, while Monday played around in the water. He brought his tail up, before quickly bringing it back down. This left a bit of a stinging sensation where his tail had hit the water, but the resounding 'splash!' was definitely worth it. Monday stood where the water was up to his chest. He looked out at the sea, feeling the sand beneath his paws. It was a pleasant feeling. Monday watched seagulls fly by, wishing he could fly away like them. He watched fish swim around near the deeper part of the sea- he frowned. He wanted to see them better. He slowly stepped forward, then took another step, then another, until the water reached his neck. Another few steps. The water was up to his chin now. Another few steps. He started swimming. He kicked his feet, lifting his head so it would stay dry. He kicked some more. Monday was so concentrated on keeping his head above water, however, that he didn't notice the wave that was coming his way. The wave crashed into him, sending his head below water. He opened his mouth, coughing when water flooded it. He kicked his paws, gasping when his head breached the surface. This didn't last long, however, before another wave sent him under once again. His mother had not yet noticed her son struggling to breath, being too busy watching his little sister to pay attention to him. Of course, it didn't help that he hadn't made any sort of noise to alert her of his struggle. He kicked as hard as he could, attempting to reach the surface once again, but to no avail. He watched his paws in dismay as he slowly decended, feeling his chest start to hurt from lack of air. He slowly closed his eyes, pondering. Wondering. Was this what it felt like to die? Would anyone remember him after he was gone? Was it worth it? As he was pulled out of the water, he smiled. The water was an interesting thing. As he looked up at his mother, who was frantically checking his vitals, he thought. Something so beautiful, so serene, yet could so easily rip someone's life away from them. As he closed his eyes, he wondered. The ocean was a coplex, but oh so wonderful thing, if you think about it. As he slept, he dreamt about the clear blue water, and all the adventures he'd have there as time went on.

And I guess, that's where Monday's fascination with the water began.

His love for the ocean ran far deeper than anything else.

Perhaps it was just a coincidence that he was pulled under that day. Perhaps it was fate.

All that Monday knows, is that he's glad it happened, and that he's honestly quite lucky to still be standing here, telling this story today.

Last edited by evertheweather on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:24 pm, edited 10 times in total.
ou·ro·bo·ros
/yo͝orəˈbôrəs/

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
a circular symbol depicting a snake, or less commonly
 a dragon, swallowing its tail, as an emblem of wholeness 
or infinity.

they/them

sig credit
evertheweather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Username:
Name:

WIP
I LOVE IT AND I WANT IT
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Brius » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:19 am

Username:
Brius
Name:
Gwendolyn
Art:
wip

Hard reserve
April 6 is my birthdayyyy XD
Brius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Con-fused » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:38 am

---yoyo8888

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●
username: con-fused
previously shimmer~star

name: Shirin
meaning: pleasant, sweet

birthday: November 29
zodiac: Sagittarius
mbti type: enfp

shout-out to those two for being extra kind
and willing to accommodate my requests ♥
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

background music!! Image or, if you prefer something else, Image (we've got a journey ahead of us c:)

Shirin has been struck with wanderlust all her life. The adventure of exploring a new city and discovering the gems of the world holds a certain allure in her eyes; just being in a place she's never been before- with plenty of time to explore the surroundings- fills her heart with radiant joy. The multitudes of places she can visit and things she can do, the once-in-a-lifetime experiences just waiting around the corner, the confidence of finding her way around in a foreign place; these things all fill her with a feeling of empowerment. A feeling that she's in control of her own little chunk of the world while everything else spins crazily by. The feeling of freedom, of being able to wander as she pleased.

She has been traveling since she was just old enough to find her own way about the world. It all started with a plane ticket and a camera and led her all the way to where she is now, a photographer traveling everywhere and anywhere she could dream of. A few months living in a big city, a few months at an acquaintance's house. She stays just long enough to see the sights and earn enough to travel to the next destination, and planning where she'll live next is always something Shirin looks forward to. Sustaining herself by selling her photography and picking up odd jobs here and there. Sometimes there are highs, sometimes lows in her life. Nothing's guaranteed, not a steady salary nor having enough to live on. But Shirin is free to make all the sacrifices she needs to in order to sustain the lifestyle in which she feels most free.

Many times she has groaned loudly in absolute despair. Many times she's suffered from the anxiety of uneven footing, never knowing when the floor will give out and she'll hit rock bottom. Shirin knows the alternative- go back to her childhood home, or get a steady job - and she can say with confidence that for all the luxury of a fixed income, she's thrust herself headfirst into the uneasy world of roaming about on a budget and she doesn't intend to back out, not for anything. Her freedom comes at a price, but a price Shirin is willing to pay despite everything.

● ● ● personality/overview ● ● ●

Shirin, described in one word, is spontaneous. She's prone to impulsively making decisions, going with whatever her gut tells her at the time. This leads, sometimes, to sticky situations, which has helped her gain some sense of resourcefulness. However, often Shirin is quick to transition from mood to mood; or get overly excited over something only to have the novelty wear off later. She can be upset one moment and completely composed the next, or vice versa; or gush incessantly about a certain thing, yet never mention it again later on.

Shirin tends to get excited easily, and when she is, she’s completely charged by a motivation or energy. Generally, she works in bursts of energy anyways, dashing here and there on a whim when she’s motivated; seeming almost lethargic when not. Often, others have trouble keeping up with her sudden bursts of inspiration, be it the pace of her movements or speech.
Overall, she’s very affectionate to all viscets. Shirin has a little trouble making close friends, but she is very outgoing anyways and is content with making the acquaintance of everyone around her. She commonly can be seen with a smile and a friendly comment or two, greeting those she knew as she walks by. Shirin doesn’t mind crowds, parties, or loud gatherings at all. They usually allow her to let loose any tensions she’s been holding in, have a good time, and meet new individuals.

As a child, Shirin was often very theatrical, almost to the point of acting like a spoiled child. She cried easily, squealed easily, and quickly changed favorites. Now, looking back, Shirin frankly is a bit ashamed of the way she was; yet some parts of that personality still remain now as an adult. For example, Shirin is still rather spontaneous. One might even call it her defining trait; she acts before giving everything a long and thorough analyzation, and quickly dances through various moods and thoughts. The dramatic flair she had as a young viscet also remains, appearing when she’s stressed, angry, or just trying to make a statement. She accentuates whatever point she’s trying to make with theatrical retellings, scathingly powerful statements- to the point where it may take on a whiny connotation - and anything meaning to provoke sympathy or the emotions. However, Shirin prides herself in the fact that she’s trying to control her more whiny, dramatic side, but she does admit that occasionally she can’t restrain it. She also does tend to get emotional quickly, either way, and over a multitude of things, even if she doesn’t let it show sometimes.

---howlingtothestars

There seems to be almost two sides to Shirin. One is the spontaneous, giddy, extroverted, dramatic side, and the other is one that is more professional and capable. This was brought about by her travels, in part, as she learned quickly that one has to be quite capable of taking care of themselves if they are to travel the world with ease.

Through experience, Shirin developed a more mature, composed persona; she learned how to use her persuasive voice for greater purposes than begging for sweets as a child. She's quite the expert negotiator, and with her silver tongue- always making herself sound agreeable and persuasive- Shirin now can easily spin solutions grudgingly agreeable to both parties. Perhaps Shirin may not always choose the smartest outcome. However, she can manipulate fine strands of truth to arrange just the way she'd like them to, persuading reason to shine through. This is crucial to her survival when traveling, as often Shirin finds herself pretty much at the mercy of near strangers as she seeks rides and lodgings. One must remember that she is not rich, or even close to rich, and there's no way she can stay in a luxury hotel whenever she pleases. While it's not something Shirin has ever liked to do she sometimes finds herself placing her trust in people she's just met just so she can secure amenities for a price she can afford.

She’s also grown a little more wary, more suspicious of other’s motives and actions. Shirin wants to be prepared for the worst, and she knows that she can’t trust everyone she meets. Often Shirin finds herself on her guard when speaking with those she’s getting a slightly shady vibe from, catching herself before revealing too much, or analyzing their every comment. Sometimes her hunches are accurate, sometimes they aren’t as spot on. But Shirin believes it’s a good sense to have, even if it makes her more jumpy.

Perhaps saying Shirin has two “sides” isn’t the most accurate way of describing it. They overlap freely, and sometimes Shirin finds herself in struggle between the “sides.” While she is more guarded and wary against strangers, and with a sixth sense against danger, there are only so many barriers Shirin can hold up against the world. While at first glance Shirin seems to be expert at keeping conflicting emotions to herself, after a while one will be able so see clearly her fluctuations in emotion, her highs and lows. Shirin describes herself fondly as a "fine mess," as while she can appear composed, that shield is fairly thin and easily worn through, leaving her thoughts to flow freely as if from a collapsed dam. It also runs in the opposite direction, where she tends to over-analyze others’ comments- even her friends’.

One trait that is always apparent in Shirin save for the most serious situations is her dreamy, imaginative way of speaking or thinking. One can often see this in her eyes, especially when she’s feeling more relaxed.

In the end, what is Shirin's point in traveling? She has many answers. Perhaps it's because she wants to see the world, experience different sights and sounds, that sort of thing. Perhaps, it is just because she's a wanderer. Shirin has come to appreciate the feeling of freedom she finds in being able to make her own choices; maybe the world is there because she's bound to see as much of it as she can; because staying in one place makes her restless and bored. All Shirin knows is that she's never wished to travel as much as she did after she bought that first plane ticket.

I mean, as a child, she's always wanted to see the world, but that's because she was a child, and the outside world seemed a thousand times more glamorous than her home. That remains true, at least to Shirin, but what she came to realize is that it's also because the difference in cultures makes her feel alive. As she is stepping out of one skin and into the next- moving from one place to another- Shirin allows herself many fresh starts and opportunities to reinvent her own self. She doesn't have to be the same old Shirin every time she moves lodgings. Each place is different with its own differences in traditions, mindset, and customs, and as she "discovers" this she finds herself accepting them into her own personality for the time being.

The word home itself is something Shirin has always puzzled over, and she often says, when asked where she is from, "earth." Not her childhood home by the beach- however happy she felt there- because that Shirin doesn't feel like Shirin today. The truth is, she doesn't know where to consider "home." The places she has lived in could be her home, but like the people she meets there, Shirin doesn't stay closely in contact with. Every time she leaves a place, when she comes back, it's different and new-old. New-old because Shirin feels comfortable there, but there's always things she's forgotten or new things she's never experienced. Same with the people; she meets tons of individuals everywhere she goes that she calls her "friends." Shirin never stays long enough to form a lasting relationship that one might have with, say, your friend-since-preschool. Perhaps when she finds her home, she must find it within herself. For Shirin herself seems to be one of the few constants in her travels.

● ● ● additional information ● ● ●

[first impressions]
    Shirin tends to be a little talkative, a little dreamy, and quite animated at first glance. Shirin often appears dreamy in public, in fact, but when she speaks she surprisingly sounds grounded and somewhat capable. However, if taken by surprise her words will come out somewhat disjointed, as if she hasn't quite connected them with proper analysis yet.

an encounter in a forest (unidentified location); March 2015

The viscet trotted purposefully across the wooded path, his hands full of what appeared to be herbs of some sort. So purposefully that he didn't notice the black-and-white mane of another viscet bobbing just ahead.

Shirin heard footsteps behind her, jolting her out of the depths of her contemplative mind. Her mane waving ever so slightly in the wind she half turned, saw the other viscet, and asked offhandedly, "Do you suppose there is a stream nearby?"

The other viscet smiled amiably at this newcomer, whose eyes appeared as full of thoughts as a swirling stream after spring thaw. "Just beyond the next bend, m'lady," he remarked in a friendly manner. "Oh; thank you." Shirin exclaimed a bit breathlessly, and quickly turned in the direction she had been pointed in, striding away purposefully.

[freedom]
    Shirin might just be a little obsessed with the concept of freedom. It's her favorite thing to wonder about; and her interpretation can be seen in her choices. She believes in her freedom to choose for herself, to choose where to visit, what to do, what to learn, and most importantly, the freedom to choose to do things that make her happy as opposed to something she's not comfortable with. Needless to say, she's very independent and loves immersing herself in local culture.

Shirin also associates "freedom" with the sensation of flying or gliding, something her sou tends to do more often than not.

[childhood]
    a recording of Shirin recounting her childhood memories to several new acquaintances in Nice, France; August 2013
    "My dear mama and I, we lived by the ocean. Yes, much like the ocean here but less crowded... she and I would wander at daybreak so we'd get a chance to nab the best shells. We found a huge conch once, let me tell you. I gotta say, Mama loved the ocean. Even more than me maybe. She'd never spoken to me much about why, but I saw her every now and then sitting real ladylike on a rock way out there. Just like a mermaid. She looked like a mermaid, she was so pretty. I got my blue-and-pink markings from her."
    ---
    "Yes, yes. [laughs] Thank you so much; how sweet of you! I try, believe me. I try to be like her sometimes. Got the black-and-white mane from Daddy though. Some say it keeps me grounded on this here earth; not to lie, I tend to get fanciful sometimes. Never saw much of Daddy though. I believe he was a sea captain or something of that sort. Mama never spoke of him much either. Funny, now that I think hard about it, some things Mama just clean brushed over."
    ---
    "I loved her though. She was nothing but sweet. Too bad that I've got that impatient and sensitive streak; I never seemed to be able to be as placid as she was. It was worse as a child though, I swear. [laughs] I spent more time with her than I did with any friends, even. She made me work with her in the taffy shop, though. At least I got to taste the taffy, that was great..."
    ---
    "Yeah, I do go back home every year; I went for three weeks in June. Brings back all the memories... every time. It's great; a little nostalgic but I can't see why that has to be a bad thing. A nice lovely break from all this traveling, mind you!"

[the ocean]
    Shirin's travels take her all over the world. Her favorite place still remains the beach. Every summer, as you know, she returns home for a few weeks. When she's done with all the reunions, storytelling and whatnot with her family, Shirin often retreats to the beach, letting her paws feel the soft sand, letting the wind whip her mane about, standing hip-deep in cool ocean water, cupping delicate shells and smooth sea glass in her hands...

She's always felt a bond with the water. To Shirin, the changing nature of the ocean identifies with her own changing life and quickly-changing moods, and it has a calming effect on her no matter if she's gazing out at the Atlantic, Pacific, or even Arctic Ocean.

Even though Shirin prizes travel and new experiences over familiarity, returning home for a few weeks and to her childhood beach is something she's never dreaded, however restless she may otherwise appear against repetition.

[negotiation]
    transcript from a viscet bus station in Maine, USA; April 2011
    "Madame." She said pointedly. "I simply must leave tonight; is there anything you can do?"

"I'm sorry, we do not have any further accommodations."

Shirin tossed her head ever so slightly, and put her paws on the desk separating the two. "Might there be... a vacant seat someone has requested not to be filled?" Her eyes started forward calmly.

"..well, it is not our policy to go against patron requests."

"This is," Shirin said quietly, "a patron request." She smiled in a kindly manner, and added, "or will be, if you do choose to sell me a ticket."

"I cannot. It was a very specific request, from a very important viscet."

Her smile disappeared, to be replaced with a cool look. "Ah, what is one curmudgeonly person to one who must leave tonight? My journey is of the utmost importance and is not to be set aside for another's personal comfort, if I may be that upfront."
[photography]
    Photography is something that Shirin first became interested in sometime in her late childhood. At first, it was just a minor interest, which she took a few classes on in order to relieve her boredom at the time, but soon it grew to be something vital to her survival. Photography is how Shirin mainly earns money to keep herself stabilized; she takes her own pictures, sells them, and occasionally takes commissions.

Shirin loves to capture motion in her artwork; the blur of trains speeding by, a bird winging its way across the sky. Photography's always left her with a soaring in her stomach and a peacefully content feeling, but she does view it more like a job than a hobby.

[don't judge.]
    A burden she's carried often, something she doesn't always openly share, is a faint sense of insecurity wherever she travels, the feeling that she's being judged. This particular fear is something that never directly shows through her actions, and it doesn't stay with her all the time. She'll be busy somewhere or doing something when she'll get a feeling that someone disapproves, even though it may strike in the middle of a basic everyday task like shopping for fruit or eating a sandwich. The awkward feeling lasts for a brief period although it sometimes surfaces when she's all alone. Especially when she's just relocated to a new place and she still feels unfamiliar with that place's customs does this feeling occur. Shirin doesn't wish to feel like a tourist- and be seen as a tourist- wherever she goes; for one, she dislikes asking for directions. Although she absolutely hates doing so, Shirin is practical enough not to wander about cluelessly, and she'll just grit her teeth and ask anyways despite her aversions.

This also applies to when someone says something in a judgmental tone, or gives Shirin an odd look of disgust. She'll automatically get defensive, even if she mis-interpreted their intentions.

Flight by Damien Cox on Flickr
Last edited by Con-fused on Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
Con-fused

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ShadyBro » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:04 am

Three day warning yall. If extensions are needed just ask!
┏━━━━━━━━━┓ 
─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──

ImageImageImage
✰Toyhouse✰
✰Closed Species✰
✰Trotters✰

ImageImageImage

─── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ──
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

─- ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ─- ♡ - - ♡ -─ ⋆⋅⋅⋆ -─
ShadyBro

My pets