Dog Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Share your real pet photos and stories, tell us about your fav species, promote wildlife causes, or discuss animal welfare

Re: Dawg Owner Chat v3 ~Open!~

Postby PeachFuzz » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:49 pm

I like the cropped/docked look better, but I wouldn't feel right choosing to have it done...
Image Image Image
PeachFuzz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jazi » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:51 pm

Here you don't really get to choose. You either buy from a good breeder (who will nearly always make the choice for you) or you don't and you get what you get pretty much. There are some who will leave ears natural but tails... thus far only three breeders have left the tails and NONE of those dogs would I ever want in a pet home.
Jazi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satans__lover » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:55 pm

Docking is hardly painful for the puppy. It is done usually 2-4 days old and before they have even developed feeling in their tail due to their nerves there not functioning yet. I don't know much about cropping as I have never felt with it before. There are cropped dobes over here but they are working dobes. Even if your dog is imported it is illegal to show any dog with cropped ears.
Auctioning off this little guy;
satans__lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby satans__lover » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:56 pm

Sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes. My phone is disagreeing with me today.
Auctioning off this little guy;
satans__lover

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keletheryl » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Warning: Puppy Death. Read with caution.

A friend of mine had his puppy die the other day.
He believes it's 100% his fault, even though it's really not.
He's got a pug, and a Pomeranian. His mother bred the Pomeranian and she had puppies, and they decided to keep one.
When they leave the house for the day they put the dogs in a pen to keep them from going to the bathroom in the house. They put the pug in one pen and the Pomeranian and her puppy in the other pen. The pug was barking because it wasn't in the same pen as the Pomeranians so my friend took her and put her in and then left for school.
When he came home the pug had snapped the puppies neck due to a kill instinct.
He believes it's his fault because he put the pug in the pen. We told him that he couldn't have known that would happen. He still feels responsible though.
Now he's losing two dogs: the puppy, and the pug. They are giving her away because they can't bare to look the pug in the eye and not see a killer.

╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Stamps •

╰━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━╮
• Credit •
NebulaWolf
╰━━━━━━━━╯
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
• Bio •
Hello! My name is Keletheryl. I love
all things fantasy or mythological. I
live in Canada, BC! I am an animal
lover and own lots of pets! See you
around!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯

Keletheryl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .muse. » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Last edited by .muse. on Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ~*~ Muse ~ They/Them ~ Adult ~ Nerd ~*~ Image
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
.muse.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Claw. » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:08 pm

Millie has a docced tail, because she was born to a hunting dog even though we have never used her to hunt, it doesn't seem to bother at all and when we got her it was very neat and she was in no lasting pain from it.

Second of all Millie now has bad hayfever and the vet has told us about special antihistamines she can have without it harming her, so she has them and we wash her eyes with cold water every so often.
╔═════════════════════╗

Hi I'm Claw!
She/her pronouns
This sig is a w.i.p

xxx xxx xxx

╚═════════════════════╝
Claw.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella. » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:24 pm

Apologies in advance for bringing negativity into the chat but... I am at a loss, I don't know what to do anymore.

Mkay so I haven't posted here in a fair while but if you remember, I have a beloved maltese x shih-tzu named Bella. She is the absolute sweetest thing in the world and never wants to disappoint. But, I know this breed has a reputation for barking, and while Bella rarely barks, she " boofs" like a little quiet half-bark kind of thing (I don't know how to explain it to those who don't know what I am saying). Everytime she does it, dad will yell at her and call her over to hit her with a newspaper or a shoe or a flyswat or anything near by. I won't go into further details, that is all that is really important. But Bella knows, if she does boof and dad doesn't hear, she will cringe and come over to me because she knows that she will probably be hit with something. I hate it. I hate dad for doing it. Every single tiny little noise she gets in trouble and it doesn't make sense to me. I want to know, for Bella's sake, if there is anything I can do to train her out of this natural instinct. To give a little more information;
She is a female, desexed, maltese x shih-tzu and about 7 years old. She gets plenty of exercise, I will throw a ball around for her in the house throughout the day and then in the evening we will go for a long walk/jog. If any other information will help, just ask.
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-

┌────────────────────┐
aquarius • she/her • infj
├────────────────────┤
𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

├────────────────────┤
My goal on CS is to collect
all of the pets. I'm at
97.6%
at the moment!
└────────────────────┘

-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-
Bella.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peppercorn » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:27 pm

Is their anyway i can convince the rest of my household members to let me have a dog? I have a cat and fish, they should "no no no the dog will scare the cat" but i mean, my cat has scared my neighbours labs and my others husky and terrier. I said that ill get a small breed and teach them to not fight, but then they said "guess what your cat dosent eat fish right? Your dog may eat the cat" and then i ran upstairs and thought "i could be saving a life and changing a mind" -.-
Hello there. I'm Peppercorn. I like to draw, take photos and baking. I work at an adoptable center called Pixel squirrels. If you ever need too, feel free to PM me and chat.

Feeling wrote:PM me design patterns for pixel squirrels.

coded by peppercorn (me)
Peppercorn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Imzadi83 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:05 am

Bella. wrote:Apologies in advance for bringing negativity into the chat but... I am at a loss, I don't know what to do anymore.

Mkay so I haven't posted here in a fair while but if you remember, I have a beloved maltese x shih-tzu named Bella. She is the absolute sweetest thing in the world and never wants to disappoint. But, I know this breed has a reputation for barking, and while Bella rarely barks, she " boofs" like a little quiet half-bark kind of thing (I don't know how to explain it to those who don't know what I am saying). Everytime she does it, dad will yell at her and call her over to hit her with a newspaper or a shoe or a flyswat or anything near by. I won't go into further details, that is all that is really important. But Bella knows, if she does boof and dad doesn't hear, she will cringe and come over to me because she knows that she will probably be hit with something. I hate it. I hate dad for doing it. Every single tiny little noise she gets in trouble and it doesn't make sense to me. I want to know, for Bella's sake, if there is anything I can do to train her out of this natural instinct. To give a little more information;
She is a female, desexed, maltese x shih-tzu and about 7 years old. She gets plenty of exercise, I will throw a ball around for her in the house throughout the day and then in the evening we will go for a long walk/jog. If any other information will help, just ask.

I'm not sure what she's barking at but this may give you a place to start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp_l9C1yT1g
Looking for a real life pet? http://www.petfinder.com Adopt a homeless Pet!
Give Food To Homeless Pets FREE & Freekibble
Imzadi83

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me