Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby faelyn » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:24 pm

[ Start of Round ]

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for your replies!! I'll have your prizes figured out soon!"

The current round has ended.

Quest #1
echo into void -- +30 exp
thani -- +15exp
allynabean -- +242 exp

Quest #2
crexmii -- +40 exp
canadianhowl -- +135 exp
allynabean -- +35exp

Quest #3
crexmii -- +35 exp
echo into void -- +25 exp
canadianhowl -- +30 exp
thani -- +15exp

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"And here are some special prizes for those who put extra effort into their entries!
You can use this to buy some cool stuff from StarClan's shop!"

crexmii -- +150 stardust
canadianhowl -- +330 stardust
allynabean -- +554 stardust

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for participating! I loved hearing about each of your Clans!"

"While I loved all of your entries, these ones were my favorites! Here's something extra for your hard work!"

Quest #1 - allynabean
+1 UN MYO each

Quest #2 - canadianhowl & crexmii
+1 R MYO each

Quest #3 - echo into void & thani
+1 UC MYO each

Hana wrote:"Wait wait wait, I have more questions, don't leave yet!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Draw or write about a time one of the warriors disagreed with the leader
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
Draw about the worst thing one of your cats has ever done
You may only draw your response to this prompt. Please keep responses CS friendly!

QUEST #3
Write about one of your cats goals in life (kits, becoming leader, anything else?)
You may only write your response to this prompt.
Last edited by faelyn on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BananaSnake » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:36 am

Username: BananaSnake
Clan: Tribe of the Elementals

Quest Number: 1
Response:

Blizzardheart tries hard to support his leader. He’s older than them, but what Brighttail lacks in wisdom they make up for in intelligence and bravery. However, at one point in time, they views were completely opposed. In fact, it was at the very foundation of the Tribe…

Blizzardheart, then simply Blizzard, paced around the makeshift den, an abandoned shed. They were really doing this. Brighttail (known then Bright) was leaving their home forever. For some stupid reason. Spirits, or whatever. Why did that matter? They had a nice life here. Sure, it wasn’t the most stable, with all the twolegs, but still. It was home. Where both their families had been for generations.

“Speak of the Darkness.” Bright entered the shed through a hole in the wall. They ruffled their fur, then said “Are you sure you don’t want to come? It could be amazing, you know. A brand new life for us!” Blizzard shook his head. Bright looked at him, puzzled. “Well, why not?”

Blizzard looked at them, staring at Bright’s misshapen pupils. A genetic difference, or something. They made Bright look different, but it didn’t affect their vision at all. “What do you mean, why not? Why am I the one who is questioning this? It’s dumb, stupid, pointless… spirits don’t exist, Bright! They didn’t tell you to move to the mountains, it was just a dream!”

Bright stared back, a challenge in their gaze. “It wasn’t just a dream. It was a vision. Spirits do exist. It was my parents. They told me to move to the mountains, so I will. If you don’t want to go, you don’t have to. But I will. You can’t stop me.” They turned to leave. “Goodbye, Blizzard. I’ll miss you. I hope that we’ll see each other again someday.” Bright left the den. Blizzard sat there in silence.

A moon passed, then two.

Blizzard constantly wondered about Bright. Were they all right? Had it actually been a vision?

When he could stand wondering no longer, he had a dream.

It was exactly the one that Bright had said they had had. This time, his parents spoke to him, telling him where to go, the path he had to take. And that, at the end of it, lay his best friend.

It took another moon, but Blizzard found Bright, and joined them in the mountains. A new home. Their new home. And soon, the home of many others.

Word Count: 407 words
Undertale quote incoming!
"take care of yourself, kid,
'cause someone really cares about you."
Sans, am I right?
BananaSnake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[last minute] november quest submissions ——

Postby crexmii » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:14 pm

quest two.

Username: crexmii
my clans: x

cat featured :: aureo

crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxyy. » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:24 am

Username: galaxyy.
    Clan: jadeclan

Quest Number: 3
    Response:

an eon long ago, an era long-passed.

the farlands.

many mortals roam these gilded sands, but walking amongst them are beings older than the dunes themselves.

a golden traveler treads away from the taj alma, fur sandy as the ground beneath their feet, speckled, grainy, and streaked with shades of blue rare in this endless plane of burnished amber. their corked bottle leaks, a steady stream of droplets coursing down, pooling at their paws—a crucial oversight in such arid lands—but they seem unbothered by it nonetheless. behind them trails a rivulet of fresh water, as if from an endless source.

drip, drop. drip, drop.

how odd.

large, ambling, humpbacked creatures haul creaky, wooden caravans across saffron sands, a chain of movement against the otherwise still surroundings. within them are merchants and inventors of all kinds, thinly veiled by cloth ceilings, seated amongst trinkets and craftwork aplenty. many walk alongside their mounts and many more ride on their backs. one merchant in particular, donning what seem to be goggles, carries with him a cacophony of sounds from his perch on his mount. metal clinks and clangs and scrapes in his countless bags with the rocking motion of the creature's great stride. something about him seems ever-so-slightly... different from the rest.

clink, clank. clink, clank.

bizarre.

above them all, on a clay-sculpted ledge, a darkened figure looms, the setting sun at his back eclipsing him and giving him a corona of sorts, a raging flame. his tufted tail sweeps granules of solid gold, a brush painting with a pigment most precious. behind him, the remnants of a pyramid stand, long-demolished. its floor-bound peak still makes an attempt to scrape at the fathomless, ever-blue expanse above, grasping, clawing, but to no avail. though once-bustling with activity, it now serves as little more than a haunting reminder of an oh-so-painful memory, a pinprick of the past.

once, this structure was a grand temple, a place of worship for the beloved god of dreams and fate. with the coming of the cataclysm, however, the plateau was split down the middle and it was felled. "fate itself finally snuffed out by the force of chaos," they said. that was never the case. they wouldn't know. they never did.

though... that being said, there was a whispered legend, a tale as old as time. one of forbidden love, of betrayal, of heartbreak. alas, one cherished and one detested, it was never meant to be.

now, he strives for little more than unimpeded, uninhibited chaos, for misery and mayhem, for calamity and catastrophe. after all, if he didn't deserve to be happy, nobody did.

Word Count: 439 words
galaxyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby razr » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:48 am

Username: razr
Clan: primordial court

Response: Image
Soteria smooths down her petal-laden chest fur.

The purple void around her is dark and expansive, lit only by the stars that seem to breathe. Pulsing, blinking in and out of sight. It's unlike the stars of the universe, or like anything she's seen before. The galaxy has a heartbeat.

"Seirios?" she calls.

The flowers growing from her skin drop a few petals. They land on the glimmering path under her paws, the trail of stardust that feels like no more than static when she steps down.

Seirios's realm feels empty. He's nowhere to be seen.

That's how it's been the last few days. He's hiding, shutting himself off again.

Stupid.

Soteria's paws scuff awkwardly. She feels unsteady on this nonexistent ground.

"Seirios?"

Usually, she can appreciate the beauty of his realm, but not right now. Not when his fur blends in so well with the shifting colors, leaving her unable to find him.

A glimmer moves in the corner of her eye.

She turns, and can just make out the shape of his tail.

"There you are," she tuts. "Come here, I need to talk to you."

A few moments of silence, and then the other god obliges. He stretches out of the ball he's curled into, and the stars move with the shift of his fur. He steps over planets and solar systems to join Soteria on the path.

He looks tired. He bats a wandering star away from him idly, regarding the goddess in front of him.

"What is it?" he asks coolly, with the same tone of voice he addresses the other gods. Soteria's eyebrow twitches.

"Where've you been?" she probes cautiously. "I haven't seen you around lately."

The gentle rhythm of the stars speeds up a little. Soteria considers them before turning her gaze back to Seirios.

"...Here."

Soteria clicks her tongue. It's a non-answer, and they both know it. She steps forward instead of saying anything, rubbing the side of her head against the other god's. Seirios leans into it, rasping his tongue along her spotted fur, and then they sit next to each other.

Soteria wraps her long tail around him.

"You can't keep doing this."

"Doing what?"

The flowering goddess levels him with an unamused look. "Hiding. It's not good for you."

Seirios doesn't respond.

"The others got in a fight today, you know," Soteria continues casually, as if she didn't just scold her friend for his avoidance tendencies. "They were at eachother's throats."

"Oh yeah?" Seirios hums, sounding a little amused and more than a little exhausted. "Over what?"

"Everything." She shakes her head. "Kymo still wants to control the entire ocean. They started it, said we only need one god to control the water and the others should go back to being nymphs."

Seirios sighs.

".. I was able to split them up," Soteria adds slowly. "It's not that hard to--"

"What's your point?"

Soteria's ears twitch back slightly, and she turns her head to look at Seirios. He never snaps like that, certainly not at her.

"... That you're not the only one who can mediate those fights."

"So?"

"So you're not the only one that should. You don't have to exhaust yourself babysitting the others when I can help you, you don't have to keep hiding away from us--"

Seirios gets up and starts walking away. Stubbornly, Soteria follows.

"You don't have to parent the others, Seirios, it's enough to just be yourself," she adds. "It shouldn't be your problem if they're immature."

"But it is," Seirios cuts in.

"It's really not."

Seirios glares over his shoulder at her. She isn't deterred, nor does the quicker beating of the stars bother her.

"You decided it was your problem, and that's not fair to you."

They're both quiet for a few moments. The stardust shifts like sand under their feet, and Soteria feels unsteady on her own four legs. Petals drift from her coat in an unfelt breeze, littering the walkway.

"Come on," she says, voice softer. "What could happen if you just decided to be yourself? You're a great friend, Seirios, and you make me happy. I think the others would appreciate that more than they do this cold, distant leader that isolates himself for days."

Seirios's tail flicks in irritation where it's curled against himself. He stares down at the rapidly pulsing star at his chest.

"I'm not isolated," he grumbles.

"Seirios, you were hiding from me."

"I care about you," she continues through her friend's silence. "It hurts to see you wear yourself down like this. Nobody's going to respect you less just because they find out you like playing with stars and you tell bad jokes. Please just--"

"Can you leave?"

Word Count: 788
my name is atticus !
- he/him + all neos
- queer
- please use tone tags !
- chronic gifter
- dm me for a joke >:)

jacqolantern on disc// TH // artfight

razr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:00 pm

Username: allynabean
    Clan: moonclan

Response: Late at night, Cherryspeck hunched over a long, thin piece of metal, a bright flame held in her paw illuminating her face. She was alone in the studio, and had too much time to think about things.
    She had always wanted kits. She wasn't really cut out to be a caretaker, but helped them when they needed an extra paw. Her passion still lied in jewelry-making, honing her flame until it was able to create the most delicate of accessories. She'd just finished mentoring Finchflicker not too long ago- but that was mostly for affinity training- Finchflicker hadn't been especially interested in the finer details of jewelry-making.
    Her mind wandered, back. She and Oakfur had talked about kits, early on in their relationship, but it wasn't safe at the time- they were too young, and she had just left her twoleg home in favor of following Oakfur through the woods. She needed to sharpen her claws before she felt comfortable bringing kits into the world- especially if they ended up with strange magic like she and Oakfur had.
    Things were different, now, in the caverns of Moonclan. They had been safe here for a long while, and their little clan, their little family, keeps growing- calling it 'little' felt hardly appropriate anymore.
    She put a paw to her belly, already growing with kits. She was determined to be a good mother, and raise her kits well. She was so excited to meet them- what would they look like? Would they be strong, like Oakfur? Would they have her flame, her eyes?
    She shook her head, focusing on the task at hand. She would meet them soon enough.

Word Count: 280 words
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Quest Board • December Quests

Postby Vivika » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:18 am

[ Start of Last Round ]

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for your responses!"
the november quest round has officially ended! <3

November Quests

Quest #1
bananasnake ━ 30XP
razr ━ 87XP

Quest #2
crexmii ━ 40XP

Quest #3
galaxyy. ━ 30XP
allynabean ━ 20XP

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to use your exp!

Hana wrote:"And here are some special prizes for those who put extra effort into their entries!
You can use this to buy some cool stuff from StarClan's shop!"

razr ━ +174 stardust

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for participating! I loved hearing about each of your Clans!"

"While I loved all of your entries, these ones were my favorites! Here's something extra for your hard work!"

Quest #1 - bananasnake & razr
+1 uc myo each

Quest #2 - crexmii
+1 c myo

Quest #3 - galaxxy. & allynabean
+1 uc myo each

Hana wrote:"Wait wait wait, I have more questions, don't leave yet!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Draw or write about how your cats celebrate holidays!
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
Draw about how your clan celebrates the arrival of new kits!
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Write about a phobia one of your cats has!
You may only write your response to this prompt.

lil note for archiving purposes, i’m posting on behalf of elliott.! they’ll be judging this round - they're just at work rn <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:20 am

Username: Moonlight Heavens
Clan: Tribe of Hissing Waters

Quest Number:1
Response:
In the heart of the swamp, where the murky waters held the secrets of the Tribe of Hissing Waters, celebrations took on a unique and mystical quality. The cats of the tribe, led by their enigmatic leader BasiliskStar, found ways to weave traditions and festivities into the fabric of their swampy existence.

One of the most significant holidays in the Tribe of Hissing Waters was the Serpent's Embrace, a celebration that marked the changing of seasons and the renewal of life in the swamp. As the first rays of sunlight pierced through the twisted branches, casting an ethereal glow on the murky waters, the cats gathered at the heart of their territory.

The festivities began with a solemn ceremony, led by BasiliskStar herself. She would offer a prayer to the ancient serpent spirits that were believed to inhabit the swamp, seeking their blessings for the tribe's prosperity. The cats, adorned with intricate snake-like patterns on their fur, would join in a hypnotic dance, moving in sinuous patterns that mimicked the serpents of the swamp.

As night fell, the real revelry commenced. A grand feast, featuring the bounty of the swamp, unfolded beneath the twisted canopy. Frogs' legs, seasoned with exotic herbs, were served alongside the elusive Swamp Blossom Fish, a rare catch that only appeared during this auspicious time. The Serpent's Embrace feast was a culmination of flavors, a blend of spices that mirrored the diversity of the tribe itself.

The cats exchanged gifts during the celebration, each carefully chosen to reflect the bond between giver and receiver. BasiliskStar, in her regal manner, bestowed enchanted tokens upon her trusted warriors, symbols of their commitment to the tribe and its leader. These tokens, often adorned with serpent motifs, held a mystical quality that seemed to resonate with the magic of the swamp.

The night continued with storytelling, a cherished tradition that passed down the lore and legends of the tribe. Elders, their fur adorned with serpentine patterns that spoke of their wisdom, took turns recounting tales of ancient battles, wise serpents, and the founding of the Tribe of Hissing Waters. The flickering light of the swamp lanterns cast eerie shadows, enhancing the mystical atmosphere.

As the celebration reached its zenith, BasiliskStar would lead a mesmerizing dance around the ceremonial fire, her marbled tabby coat shimmering in the firelight. Silvertongue, her snake companion, would join the dance, adding an extra layer of enchantment to the spectacle. The dance symbolized unity, the undulating movements echoing the ebb and flow of life in the swamp.

The Serpent's Embrace concluded with a communal slumber beneath the shadowy canopy. Cats nestled together, their fur blending with the swampy surroundings, as whispers of serpentine blessings filled the air. The tribe fell into a collective trance, connected to the ancient spirits that watched over them.

Word Count:467

_____

Username: Moonlight Heavens
Clan: Tribe of Hissing Waters

Quest Number:3
Response:
BasiliskStar, the enigmatic leader of the Tribe of Hissing Waters, was known for her fearsome demeanor and unyielding presence. Yet, hidden beneath her veneer of strength, there lingered a phobia that whispered in the darkest corners of her consciousness—the fear of the suffocating depths.

Her phobia was not of the swamp itself, where murky waters intertwined with twisted roots, nor of the shadows that danced beneath the canopy. It was the thought of being submerged in water, of losing control to the liquid embrace that stirred a primal fear within her. The suffocating depths of the swamp, where water held secrets and concealed dangers, were a haunting nightmare that occasionally plagued her waking moments and invaded her dreams.

The origins of BasiliskStar's fear could be traced back to a distant memory, a fragment of the past that lingered like mist over the swamp. In her youth, a reckless leap into a deep pool had gone awry, plunging her into the icy grip of the water. The sensation of being submerged, of losing her connection to solid ground, had left an indelible mark on her psyche.

Now, as the leader of the Tribe of Hissing Waters, BasiliskStar navigated the swamp with strategic grace, avoiding the treacherous pools and hidden quagmires that could trigger the tendrils of her phobia. Her patrols meticulously skirted the deeper waters, and when crossing a stream became inevitable, she moved with a watchful tension, her amber eyes scanning the liquid expanse for any sign of danger.

The cats of her tribe were unaware of their leader's hidden vulnerability. To them, BasiliskStar was an indomitable force, a guardian of the swamp, and the embodiment of the serpent spirits they revered. It was a reputation she carefully maintained, concealing the tendrils of her phobia beneath the marbled tabby patterns of her fur.

During Serpent's Embrace, the tribe's grand celebration, a ceremonial cleansing ritual involved a symbolic immersion in the swamp waters. It was a tradition deeply ingrained in the tribe's lore, a gesture believed to strengthen their bond with the swamp spirits and ensure the tribe's prosperity. While BasiliskStar orchestrated and participated in the ritual, she never fully submerged herself, always maintaining a degree of distance from the water's embrace.

On one fateful Serpent's Embrace, as the tribe gathered around the sacred pool, the whispers of her phobia intensified. The reflective surface of the water seemed to mirror the depths of her fear, and the weight of tradition bore down upon her shoulders. Yet, she couldn't allow her vulnerability to cast a shadow upon the revered ceremony.

With measured steps, BasiliskStar approached the pool's edge, her feline grace concealing the inner turmoil. The tribe watched in silent reverence as their leader dipped a paw into the water, the ripples cascading outward like echoes in the swamp. To an outsider, it was a seamless participation, a leader fully immersed in the sacred tradition.

Only she knew the truth—each ripple concealed the shiver that coursed through her, the lingering fear she dared not share. Her gaze remained fixed on the water's surface, the serenity of her expression belying the tumult within. Silvertongue, her ever-watchful snake companion, coiled protectively around her, sensing the subtle shifts in her emotions.

As the ceremonial immersion continued, BasiliskStar controlled the tempest of her phobia, finding solace in the unity of her tribe. The whispers of the swamp spirits, the chants of her kin, and the haunting melody of the serpent's embrace served as a backdrop to her internal struggle. In that moment, she became both leader and follower, guardian and supplicant, navigating the delicate dance between tradition and personal fear.

When the ceremony concluded, and the tribe erupted into celebratory fervor, BasiliskStar retreated into the shadows, her composure restored. Serpent's Embrace had tested her resolve once again, a reminder that leadership demanded the ability to confront not only external threats but the shadows that lurked within.

Word Count: 652
Moonlight heavens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:35 pm

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Clan: Enurian

Quest Number: 2
Response:

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hazelfang » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:40 am

Username: Hazelfang
Clan: Kin of the Vixen
Response:
Adventus Solis

Within the camp walls beyond the icy waterfall, the Kin were bustling with life. Kits full of boundless energy bounced around their Ministra, asking as many questions as their hearts desired. The Doyen were indulging in nostalgic memories with a trio of wide-eyed Softpaws. A blended group of Marauders, Stalkers and Guardians admired the overflowing prey pile in delight. Even the Servus were walking around the camp, leaves around the center with an evidently intended design instructed by the Sybil Superior. Pure delight buzzed in the air as each Kin busied themself and chatted away cheerfully.

The dark brown tabby sat atop her rock, watching her Kin with a pleased expression on her face. Today would be a day for celebration and everyone the camp had a paw in it. Nothing united her Kin more than the celebration of Adventus Solis. The Spirits truly have blessed us this winter, she pondered to herself while her eyes followed a rowdy duo of kits wrestling over a deer bone. And I am certain a blessed spring awaits us as well. She slowly stood up and made her way towards her kin. She nodded her head to three of her Kin who exuded a commanding presence. "How have your missions been, my Legatus? Prosperous I assume?"

The tallest of the three, a lanky black cat let out a satisfied purr, "Splendidly, Kestrelspirit. The Marauders have found many rare offerings for Callidus (Spirit of Cunning). Our newest Marauder even found a stunning piece of human jewelry with the most radiantly crimson gem." Her eyes glowed with pride while speaking of her younger Kin's accomplishment.

Kestrelspirit purred back in response, "How wonderful, I have been very impressed by the newest batch of Marauders. Well done, Hiddenmoon," she turned to face the other two foxes standing by, "How about for the Guardians, Dovecloud?"

The plump grey tabby lifted her chin boastfully, "My Guardians have been working hard and have been preparing the pelt of a cougar we defeated earlier this winter. It should be entirely clean and presentable for Vianimo (Spirit of Strength) before the ceremony." Her striped tail swished back in forth, telling of her own excitement.

The third cat, a slick white cat touched with the sun along his muzzle and ears, speaks up before Kestrelspirit has a moment to ask, "The Stalkers have done fantastic as well! We have gathered enough prey to last us until next Adventus Solis! I guarantee Lautitia will be very pleased (Spirit of Grace)." His icy blue eyes sparkled with elation. "I mean, they even managed to catch the ice hares which you know how difficult they can be to catch with the snow crunching with every pawsteps. But I managed to teach my Kin how to step as if their body is air. If you'd like, I can show you?" The tom stepped forward eagerly, his tail tip twitching back and forth.

An amused purr escaped from the brown tabby, "Maybe after the ceremony, Flameleap, and you can teach it to the kittens as well. I am sure Cherryshroud would appreciate the break." As she said the Ministra's name, she points her tail at the red-and-black she-cat buried under a fluffy pile of kittens.

Hiddenmoon softly chuckles, "The kittens have been hard at work themselves. With the wonderful guidance of their Ministra they managed to collect a sizable amount of flowers from the meadow. They have been very eager to see if Amicitia will be proud of their work (Spirit of Companionship)."

The grey she-cat nods in agreement, "Even the Softpaws joined them on their little mission. And they managed to collect a fair amount of soft feathers as offerings for Malum (Spirit of Mischief). I believe they got lucky and even found the carcass of a massive hawk."

"As massive as you?", Flameleap quips. With a frustrated hiss Dovecloud swats at his head, narrowly missing him as he dodged. The mischievous snow-white tom crouches, his tail lashing, "Try me, Pudgy!" Unable to resist the very evident bait, the large tabby jumps atop the tom, the two rolling in the melted snow. Hiddenmoon watches the duo, shaking her head but not moving a whisker to stop them. Even Kestrelspirit finds herself simply watching the two, knowing better than to get between them.

A raspy, annoyed voice speaks from behind the group, "What are you two, a pair of Softpaws? Quit splashing muddy snow everywheere. You are Legatus, for Terra's sake, act like one." A stiff black-and-white tom approaches the four cats, scowling at the two wrestling. Flameleap and Dovecloud almost immediately separate, their pelts ruffled, but their ears folded back in shame. Each murmured an apology before sharing a mutual glare at one another. The cranky tom swipes at the ground with his tail, drying up a spot for him to sit down, "I hear we are talking about preparations for this evening?"

Kestrelspirit nods calmly, "We are, Ashenfrost. How have the Servus been?" Her whiskers twitch, the Sybil Superior is always in an icy mood but that's what she enjoyed most about him. His words were never minced and you could always trust his honesty.

The tom lets out a snort, shaking off muddy droplets from his paw before rubbing it over his scarred ear, "As well as they ever are. They've gathered a variety of the finest leaves, supervised by myself, for Majesta. I would have no less for the Spirit of Dignity herself." The fur along his chest puffed up after responding, the ice in his eyes melting ever so slightly. He couldn't quite hide his pride in his fellow Kin despite how hard he tried. With a quick shake of his fur, he continued, "As for I, well I have gathered some of our freshest herbs as offering. The Spirits have blessed us this season, so the collection of Paramela and Vitalba I gathered earlier went unneeded. I believe it will be a fitting offer for Sophos (Spirit of Wisdom)."

The other four cats all nod in agreement, "A very productive celebration indeed, it seems," Kestrelspirit notes whiel looking off at her Kinmates once more. Her eyes land on the Doyen with the group of Softpaws, "Oh, your Servus were aiding the Doyen with their offering as well, isn't that correct?" She turns to face Ashenfrost once more her lets out yet another contempt snort.

"Yeah, those lazy bags of bones did manage to get their offering- all thanks to my Servus. It seems they are offering some fragments of bark they collected during that storm about a moon ago. I find it far too trivial for Verentia, but they insisted this would be the best possible gift for her," his tail swishes once more in annoyance. "Stubborn fools," he murmurs under his breath.

The tabby brown she-cat shakes her head, "Nonsense, I think the Spirit of Tenacity will greatly appreciate their offering. After all, with her blessing we survived that storm and those fragments comemorate that moment. Without her protection, that tree would have crushed the Doyen's den." Ashenfrost rolls his eyes but doesn't comment any further on the subject, knowing better than to argue with the Magister herself.

Flameleap nods in agreement then peers at Kestrelspirit quizzically, "What about you, Kestrelspirit? What has the great Magister gathered to offer for Vindicta? I am sure it wasn't easy thinking of a gift for the Spirit of Conniption." Dovecloud and Hiddenmoon nod in agreement to the tom's statement and turn their attention towards their Magister.

With the attention now so focused on her, Kestrelspirit kneads the ground self-consciously, "It was difficult, I will admit. Each winter season I find myself pondering what could Vindicta possibly want. I think this season I finally figured it out, however." She smiles ever so slightly, "Do you remember the secret mission I went on a few sunrises ago?"

"Of course, we were very worried as you insisted no-Kin join you," the Legatus Guardian spoke, folding her ears.

Kestrelspirit nods, "Yes, I apologize once more for worrying you. However, it was certainly worth it. I trekked to the FlameMouth and found something I have only seen in dreams. The Flammadamant (Obsidian)." The three Legatus stared at her in shock, even the Sybil Superior seemed surprised as his eyes widened.

"Incredible... My Marauders have been seeking one for as long as I have been a Legatus."

"Indeed, incredible. It must have been a blessing from Terra herself," Ashenfrost slowly nodded, considering the possibility of Terra's influence.

"How did you do it? You have to show me! I can't even imagine how beautiful it looks," Flameleap hopped up, his tail curling above his back in delight. "You have to tell us!"

The Magister chuckles heartily, amused by the excitement in the young Legatus' voice, "I'm afraid it is a secret, dear Kin. A secret between myself and the Spirits." She smiled at the now disappointed tom and winked to help lighten the mood. "Besides, what matters most is that all of our gifts for the Spirits have been gathered and we are ready to celebrate the coming of the sun. I do believe this Adventus Solis will be the greatest one yet."

Word Count: 1542

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Username: Hazelfang
Clan: Kin of the Vixen
Response:
As a Guardian, Peonyfrost has always been expected to be strong and brave. And for most days, she is both of those. She prides herself in being a talented and experienced Guardian with very little who can defeat her. When she was younger, many believed she was too pretty and quaint to survive in this position. However, she proved them all wrong and grew into a respected and valued member of the Kin... and yet, she had a secret. A secret that she was certain would crumble the entire reputation she spent so many moons forging. A secret that, in her eyes, meant she could lose her role as a Guardian. That secret? Well, she is absolutely unequivocally petrified of frogs. Yes, the small slimy bouncing bundles of prey that are relatively harmless. Luckily for her sake, frogs do not pose a threat to her Kin. If anything, her Kin pose a threat to frogs as they are considered prey- albeit, an unpopular choice even amongst the starving.

This fear, rather phobia, of her's carries a long and difficult history for her. Many cats have fears, this she knows and understands very well. However, for Peonyfrost, it is not simply a fear. For if Peonyfrost were to come nose to nose with the oozey beast, she would be so frightened her consciousness would leave with her heart leaping out of her chest. At least, that's what has happened in the past...

Shortly after her Guardians ceremony, while sitting vigil outside the camp walls, she heard the creature's dreaded croak. Even though she was absolutely terrified, she knew she had to stay still for her vigil and not move a muscle. Resisting her instinct to flee as far as she possible could, she kept herself planted at her post. As still as stone. At least, for now, the noise isn't getting louder. It mustn't be getting any closer, she had once naively thought. She would regret the false sense of comfort she created as shortly after, the screeching frog noise pierced the night. A shiver had rippled down her spine, her fur lifting until she looked twice her size. As long as I don't see it, I should be fine, she attempted to reassure herself, but knew deep down it was futile. She was aware that as long as she stayed seated, the frog would soon find her and although it was horrid thought, she stayed still. As a newly appointed Guardian, it would be most shameful if she left her vigil out of fear for a measly frog. And so, she waited... and waited... and waited until she felt certain the frog wasn't nearby anymore.

Hours had passed and she was nearing the final moments of her vigil. Soon this nightmare would be over and she could sleep it away. As she thought about how she would curl into her nest and disappear for the day, she felt something slimy touch her paw. Like a droplet of water rippling along the surface of a lake, Peonyfrost's fur rose from the point she felt the cold impact. Before she could even truly react to what she felt, the world around her began to swirl and darken. Consciousness was slipping rapidly and there was nothing she could do to stop herself from collapsing onto the ground. As her body limply thudded onto the ground she could hear the voices of her Kin approaching. During a flurry of shocked exclamations and hurried pawsteps, she hardly felt her body rise and get taken back to camp. It wasn't until she was inside the Servus den when she regained full consciousness.

"Peonyfrost? You're awake! What happened, dear?" she recalled a gentle voice speak to her accompanied with the blurry face of her distressed mother. Looking back, Peonyfrost couldn't remember what she had responded, all she remembered was her mother insisting she lay back down and urging her to stay quiet.

A grouchy voice spoke next, "These younguns, they should know better than to starve themselves. They need all the energy they can have for their vigil,"
Starved themselves? Wait, what does he mean? .

Her mother hissed at the tom, "Oh quiet! Have you nothing better to say than criticism? Peonyfrost was just trying to be the best Guardian she could be, there's nothing wrong with that."

The best Guardian she could be? Surely they know it was a frog that made me faint? Unless. While lost in her thoughts she realized abruptly that they seemed to think she had fainted from a lack of food. Otherwise, her mother wouldn't be defending her so fervently. Peonyfrost sat herself, ignoring her mother's protests, "I am sorry to worry both of you. I just was so excited for my vigil, I completely forgot to eat. It won't ever happen again," she anxiously kneaded the ground. To them, it seemed she was embarrassed for making what seemed such a silly mistake, but the reality was that she felt ashamed for lying. They don't need to know the truth anyways, what would it matter? I will just let them believe I fainted from hunger. That's better than them knowing the truth.[i]

The memory of her most shameful moment as a Guardian still haunts her to this day. Sometimes she thinks about telling the truth, admitting that she did not faint that day due to hunger but rather to her phobia. Yet, she also knew that it would be meaningless at this point. It would be best for nonone to know. Yes, as long as she lived, no one would ever find out of her deathly fear of frog.

Word Count: 945
Hazelfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me