Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

explore prey + predator list

Postby faelyn » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:59 pm

i'm picking my own!
more info abt the prey + predators found on this document <3

new prey:
bugs | 1 FP
tarts | 1 FP
a pastry | 2 FP
’boo’berry | 2 FP
gooseberry | 3 FP
turnip | 3 FP
corn | 4 FP
coconut | 4 FP
cockatrice egg | 5 FP
pumpkin | 5 FP
new predators:
• swamp monster
• corpsespider
• stone troll
• cockatrice

would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? yes please!
Last edited by faelyn on Sun Aug 28, 2022 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby ivyy. » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:58 am

≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Peachcrown fell slowly to the back of the patrol, lowering her golden tabby head down to the ground, sniffing for anything somewhat important. Just something to be able to warn her clanmates of or maybe just some prey to impress them with. Peachcrown didn't think she was doing enough and assumed the clan thought the same, despite how unrealistic it sounded. A spikey thistle stuck out awkwardly among the path they had been walking along, a cuckoo crying to its mate in the far distance, just barely heard by the patrol. Bolin and his little bat friend wandered "accidentally" beside Peachcrown and a thought clouded her mind. I wonder what Bolin thinks of the clan, he's only ever been here for so long with Wanderer.

"Mmm, it smells like fresh apples out here!" Bolin mewed with a suddenly excited whisper, speaking as quietly as he could to make sure to not scare even the tiniest of possible prey. Peachcrown turned her dull green gaze to him and nodded, keeping her ears perked for the sound of late-night owls finishing their own turn of prowling for the night. Dawn had begun to set in now and the patrol was about halfway through their exploration. Nothing yet. Gray, Rosetta's rabbit companion, had politely requested to lay between Bolin's shoulders to get some rest and he had accepted.

Rosetta looked around and sighed happily, "Thank goodness it's so quiet out here." Peachcrown heard her mew to Wanderer and his animal companion Tiki. "It gives me time to plan my day out." Her gaze drifted to the trees and Peachcrown saw Wanderer nod in understanding. "What about a little story, eh?" He murmured after a long stretch of absolute silence, trying to lighten the boring mood. Peachcrown's tail and ears stood erect at the thought of Wanderer being able to pull her out of her thoughts with a light-hearted story. The faraway owl cooed once more, sounding more distant than before which allowed Peachcrown's fur to lie flat. Bolin spoke up after a short pause in the airlifted, "Okay." He answered to his father, also curious to know what story he had in mind.

Peachcrown would admit, Wanderer did have some very creative stories that impressed her. On the spot or not, he was witty with the plots of his twists and turns alongside the adventure of the main character which would prove to be a knight for a kingdom or a storyteller from another. Peachcrown hadn't known what either of those was before Wanderer's stories. "Alright, let's hear it." Rosetta mewed in response right after Bolin. Peachcrown stayed quiet, eager to hear a fateful journey of the tom's dreamy stories. Bolin cleared his throat, making an odd sandpaper-like noise before he began, a sweet yet on edge tone in his voice, something only a great storyteller could muster for the art of his tales.

"This story is not quite like my others, this one is supposedly real. Bolin hasn't heard this one yet either..." He mewed, making a concluding clicking sound with his tongue. No one spoke, they simply continued walking, the anticipation for what he was to tell next making them confused but in a certain way it made them want to know more. "I and my late-mate Brave were stalking the forests of Alarairah, an eerie wind blowing through our fur. It was night and the crows and owls prowled their own territory, within the reach of the clouds, that is. You could hear their tell-tale caws, some of the wisdom, and some of the fear as they echoed and bounced off of the surrounding mountains and trees.

"Brave and I were still young, maybe... oh, around your age." He waved his paw at Bolin and Peachcrown. "We wanted to explore the forest, having heard of the dangerous phenomenons that occurred to any cat that went there. One story my leader had told us specifically, that if you go there, a pack of dogs will follow you home and finish the job, stalking the nightmares of your loved ones until they themselves passed too. It was quite the story, to be honest, but I and Brave didn't believe it. She thought it was 'mouse dung and convinced me to head out with her. At the time, of course, I was in love with her-" Bolin made a grunting noise and stuck his tongue out, giggling slightly as he nudged Peachcrown's shoulder playfully. Peachcrown purred slightly in response, staring still at the tom to convince him to continue his awfully intriguing story.

Peachcrown leaned forward a bit and tried to avoid her patrol mate's gaze as this part of the story made her uncomfortably itchy from beside the tom who so clearly has a certain appreciation for her. "And then?" She added, curious to know what was to happen next. Bolin looked a little embarrassed as if his joke hadn't made her laugh the way he had been hoping to. And yet, Bolin's father continued his seemingly dark story. "So I went with her because I trusted two things. One, that she knew best. And two... that the stories weren't true and were just a small edge to make sure queen's kits didn't run off in search of adventure." A long pause fell over the tom and he sighed, "It wasn't a tale of lies, we found. It was true. As I and Brave ventured farther into the undergrowth of the forest, we began feeling and hearing things we didn't recognize. The forest was so-called "haunted" but not in the way you'd think. It was dark, musty, and the sun wasn't able to shine through the trees. After we explored around a short bit of the forest we quickly became lost. We kept hearing these ear-ripping growls and the cries of domesticated dogs but... we didn't think anything of it since it sounded so far away, we didn't understand the danger we were in."

Gray had sat up upon Bolin's shoulder blades and he began shivering and crouching lower and lower to his shoulders. "I didn't see or hear it coming when it appeared behind me and Brave, we had nowhere to go so-" Rosetta interrupted him as she spotted her precious bunny shivering. She summoned him down from Bolin's shoulders and he climbed onto her back in turn, "Maybe we should save this story for the clan, hm? Gray's a bit of a scaredy-cat with these sort of stories." Rosetta mewed awkwardly as the others groaned in annoyance. Peachcrown didn't say anything. Her gaze was locked on a patch of grass that moved unrealistically in wind. She felt her own demons watching her every move. Much less, her entire patrol group. Bolin nudged her gently in the chest with his nose, "Hey. Earth to Peachcrown? What's wrong?" Just as fast as it came, the feelings disappeared. Peachcrown shook out her beautiful, golden tabby fur and sighed, focussing her gaze forward. "Nothing."

Bolin frowned and nodded. He looked around. They were almost home and were empty-pawed. "Albie, Peachcrown, and I should head over that way so we can look for some herbs or prey. You guys can go over that way." Wanderer pursed his lips and his tail stood raised as if he was confused and a bit angry with the tom's interference of him leading the patrol. "Of course, if you're alright with that?" Bolin asked, realizing his simple mistake. Wanderer shook his head and smiled a little, "No no, go ahead! We'll meet back at the edge of the forest beside the shore. See you then." He mewed with the flick of his tail. Bolin and Peachcrown nodded in synchronous before heading off in the opposite direction as well.

"Let's see what we can find!" Bolin murmured eagerly.
[ 1,300 words ]

--cats on patrol
Peachcrown | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Wanderer & Tiki | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Bolin & Albie | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 10% | Sick: N
Rosetta & Gray | she/her (cat) - he/him (bun) | HP 100% | HUP 30% | Sick: N
--level 5
experience: 22/560

--inventory
2x Squirrel = 3 FP per
1x Mouse = 1 FP per
1x Mouse = 2 FP per
1x Vole = 2 FP per

1x Celandine ll 2x Deadly Nightshade ll 1x Daisy Leaf ll 1x Goatweed ll 5x Bindweed ll 3x Yarrow ll 3x Tansy ll 2x Blackberry leaves ll 3x Cobweb ll 1x Comfrey root ll 2x Elders Leaves ll 1x Broom ll 1x Ragwort ll 2x Mallow leaf ll 2x Mint ll 2x Goldenrod ll 3x Poppy seeds ll 1x Willow bark ll1x Stinging nettle ll 1x Lovage ll 1x Hawkweed ll 1x Lamb's Ear ll 1x Holly Berry ll 1x Willow Leaf ll 2x Sorrel ll 2x Thyme ll 1x Burdock Root ll 1x Catmint ll 1x Borrage Leaves ll 1x Lavender ll 1x Feverfew ll 1x Chickweed ll 2x Coltsfoot ll 1x Fennel ll 1x Death Berry ll 1x Foxglove Seeds
-- items being used
n/a
-- active quests:
[url=url link]quest #1[/url]
I want to risk death!
Username: bunnoblizzard
Clan link: archive <3
Last edited by ivyy. on Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:00 am

MistClan
Last Explore Post | Last Response Received
Echostar smiled out to her clan, she had decided not to go on a patrol today to recover from her sickness and wounds. Bud had given Echostar some blackberry leaves to cure her cold that she got from her last patrol. Echostar smiled out to Cometflame who was setting up some patrols and hunting parties to go out. She watched and listened so she knew who was going to be leaving the camp for now to go do their duties. Any cats that didn't go she would like to know just in case something happened while she was resting up.
Echostar watched as Cometflame sent out cats. She heard Cometflame say "And I would like Smokewing to go on the patrol today!" Echostar watched as Smokewing dipped their head to the deputy before heading off on to the patrol they were sent to do. Echostar smiled and watched as cats went to do everything they needed to do. Whether that was talking to each other, eating or getting more rest for the day before they are sent out to go hunt or patrol. She smiled softly and padded back into her den to take a nap for a little while.
Smokewing headed off to go do a patrol around the territory. The sun was up and the light, calm wind felt nice. It was finally New-leaf which meant they may, possibly be able to find more prey. This would, with no doubt in Smokewings mind, benefit the clan in a good way. Extra prey was always a good thing to have around in the clan. Cats would be able to eat more and that would be important for their ability to hunt and protect the clan. And for growing cats they needed prey to keep them healthy and strong so they would be able to help out the clan.
She smiled to herself as she padded soft, careful steps through the hills longer delicate grass. Smokewing kept on their patrol. They looked up at the waving trees and took in the fresh scent emitting softly off of them. "The fresh scent of trees is always amazing" Smokewing told themself smiling softly. She heard a cat coming up behind her and paused worriedly. Then she heard nothing for a long while "Must have been my thoughts" Smokewing told themself relaxing a bit. They were known to be more on the jumpy side when it came to noises because they wanted to make sure everybody was safe.
The she-cat sighed thoughtfully. Smokewing kept making their way around the border. Normally they didn't cross into the forest part of the territory because they didn't think it was really that necessary but Smokewing decided that today they would go check around the forest to make sure everything was holding up well in there and there was nothing lurking in the shadows. She flicked her tail and padded softly and carefully into the forest. If there was any prey in there the least they wanted to do was scare it away! So Smokewing was careful not to step on any branches or leaves that may disturb anything around her.
Smokewing looked around after awhile to make sure she wasn't missing anything while she watched the ground in search for any paw prints or scents that might be around. She took in a deep breath and paused in her place for a moment, Swearing to StarClan she heard, or saw something moving in the trees? But it was just out of the corner of her eye so probably not. "It was probably just you imagining things Smokewing, don't worry about it! We'll be out of this forest soon enough and on open land!" Smokewing told themself aloud trying to reassure themself that everything was ok and there was no need to get frantic and scared over nothing!
They kept walking, no longer standing in one spot. The warrior just kept walking. Smokewing stared at her blue paws. This was her way of checking to make sure there was nothing on the ground that she could possibly miss. This strategy made her lacking on the ability to watch above but that was ok for the case right now because nothing could come from the sky! Right? She shook her head "Don't think like that Smokewing! Your just about out of here! its gonna be just fine!" Smokewing grumbled to themself, careful to not be to loud while they talked to themself.
Smokewing had a habit of talking to themself like they were another cat to calm themself down because that just seemed to work well for them! And that mattered! The clan had learned that Smokewing often talked to themself and didn't really mind it one bit. If a warrior wanted to talk to themself because it made it easier for them to focus, go ahead! Smokewing kept on walking, looking up again swearing they saw something again! They felt something drop onto their head and then growled upset "You gosh darn pesky squirrels! Stop hitting me on the head! It hurts!" Smokewing hissed quietly to themself.
They huffed upset at those darn squirrels! They could really make her as angry as a mother badger at times! And that was saying a lot with how dangerous those animals are when their made. Or when a cat or any animal, bothers them in general! Smokewing shivered at the thought. Smokewing was still upset at those pesky squirrels. She couldn't even see them to teach them and their friends a lesson on how to not drop pine cones and acorns on cats heads! The warrior looked at the pine cone and huffed kicking it away from them. "Those little creatures cat be so bothersome at times..if only they would stop hitting me in the HEAD" Smokewing slowly and graciously raised her voice, which she didn't do often. But these animals had caught her at the worst time! She was anxious and just wanted to get out of the forest! Smokewing huffed to herself finally getting her anger under control. She kept walking, picking up her pace. All they wanted to do was get out of the forest. No wonder the cats didn't often patrol this area!
She hurried through the forest just wanting to get out! Smokewing felt so fed up with those squirrels! They could be so rude and horrible at times! And they really, REALLY were not in the mood to deal with them. She just wanted to get out of the forest quickly. Smokewing felt herself begin to shake and wanting to start to cry. "not right now Smokewing! Your fine! Its just some pesky squirrels trying to get on your nerves! Thats it! They won't hurt you once your out. Don't cry" Smokewing told herself holding back her tears firmly. not even letting one single tear fall. They stood strong, re gaining themself quickly. Smokewing knew there was no cats around to see her cry but she still didn't like crying when any cat could show up and see her! But when ever she was in the forest she always felt eyes on her, from the trees and bushes. But every,single,time Smokewing looked at the bushes or trees they saw nothing! Not a reflection from cats eyes, not a scrap of fur, nothing!
Smokewing huffed, why did she always feel like something was looking at her when ever she walked through here? She could still see nothing hiding! Smokewing just kept on walking, so fed up with the forest at this point and just wanting to finish up. Smokewing kept on walking through the forest, making her way through it quicker than before. They knew they were almost out so they just wanted to get out as fast as they could! She kept on walking quickly and looked back up at the trees. The trees swayed carefully in the wind, it was mesmerizing. But truely, what ever lived in those trees kept throwing stuff at her and that was NOT peaceful and mesmerizing!
They just kept on making their way through this very frustrating forest. She picked up the pace quickly and swiftly. Smokewing wanted to get out of the forest and now! The squirrels had already thrown enough stuff at her and it was starting to bother them a lot! Smokewing didn't want to get back to the clan camp with a short temper all because of those squirrels! That would be nonsense and Smokewing would feel horrible for acting out on her poor clueless clan mates like that! Smokewing kept on hurrying out quickly still trying to finish her patrol the best she could.
Smokewing looked around again. She was still confused on where the squirrels were. Of course they had to be around here somewhere! But of course, Smokewing had no luck at all even finding one squirrel in the forest. Maybe there was a reason she couldn't? Smokewing had zero clue on where she would be able to find one in all of these trees. Smokewing wasn't a squirrel herself and she was sure of that, so she had no clue where to look first. She sighed a deep, thoughtful sigh trying to think of where she might be able to find a squirrel to catch in all of these trees!
Smokewing shook her head. It wasn't worth looking for one of those pesky things in the forest anymore. All she wanted to do was get out of there as quickly as she could to finish up her patrol around the territory! Patrolling around the territory was much more important than worrying about these fox brained squirrels! They were frustrating and bothersome so maybe if she ignored them she could finish her patrol in the forest and get into open land again. Smokewing much preferred open land over this forest! This forest always seemed to have something looming inside of it!
Smokewing huffed to themself frustrated and hurried out of the forest as fast as they could. This forest made her nervous,anxious and stressed out! And the squirrels made her have a short temper which is the opposite of the kindness she was well known for! These squirrels could be great prey but also really frustrating at the same time and this was one of those times! She felt as though she had smoke coming out of her ears with how upset she was at these gosh darn fox brained squirrels!
She closed her eyes and looked up at the leaves of the trees. "Now is the time to leave this forest! Your patrolled it so you don't have to worry about it anymore! At least you got it over with!" Smokewing told herself, trying to make herself feel better about her poor patrolling job of this forest. Smokewing kept going, she was so tired of this forest and this was the first part of her patrol! She still had to patrol around the hills and river or lake area! they twitched their tail looking around the forest and just kept walking.
They finally made her way through the forest and walked out. She could finally drop her anger with the squirrels. Smokewing took in a deep breath. "See Smokewing? Its all ok! Your out of the forest, you just need to finish the patrol and then you can go back to camp and grab something to eat!" Smokewing told herself calmly. She smiled at herself and walked around the outside of the forest. She padded over the hills and smiled at the flowers. The soft grass felt nice so she just kept on walking slowing. She enjoyed this a lot more than the walk through the forest.
She kept on walking and headed over the hills. Smokewing paused and looked up. The clouds were moving quite quick. "Oh please don't be that windy.." Smokewing mumble to herself upset. Hoping that it would not get to windy. The more wind, the harder it was to patrol! And then its also harder to catch prey because they would be able to scent her easier and faster! Smokewing huffed upset at the wind. This patrol really wasn't going well so far! First she had squirrels drop stuff on her head and now as soon as she leaves the forest the wind starts to pick up!
Smokewing just wanted to run back to camp and eat and sleep but she knew she had to finish this patrol. "If you finish this patrol then no other cats have to deal with this today and thats good! Just keep going and do your best Smokewing! You already patrolled the forest, the wind won't be as bad as the forest!" Smokewing told herself in a little pep talk to keep her going with this patrol. If it wasn't for the fact she needed to help the clan out she probably would have already went back to the camp to rest.
The wind picked up slowly. Smokewing huffed upset at the wind "come on nature! I just wanna finish this patrol! Stop going against me!" Smokewing shouted at the sky upset. Smokewing kept on with her patrol still upset that nature was against her today! It seemed like it was only her! Why her! And why today! Today really wasn't her day! Smokewing huffed at herself upset, she just wanted to finish this patrol as quickly as possible and be on her way back to camp! Maybe then her bad luck would finally end!
Smokewing huffed at herself upset. Why had everything seemed to be turning against her! This was upsetting and she hated it! Smokewing just wantedto catch some prey and finish up the patrol. "You are just over reacting Smokewing! Stop getting so worked up about the wind and the squirrels dropping stuff on your head! They didn't know any better! You, Smokewing were the one in THEIR territory!" Smokewing told herself trying to set her mind straight again. "Just take a breath and get your mind under control again! Its gonna be all good now! Don't over react and get super worked up and upset about nothing again!" Smokewing told herself firmly trying to keep herself calm and under her own control. Not her emotions control. But that was hard with today. Today really just wasn't working out how she wanted and that was really, REALLY frustrating and upsetting to her right now.
She took in a breath "Focus on your emotions for a moment, maybe that will help you feel better! Its better than losing your mind over small things like squirrels or the wind!" Smokewing told herself "Can you imagine if somebody saw you freaking out like this right now? You are lucky Cometflame sent you out on a patrol alone!" Smokewing told herself, letting out a heavy sigh. "Just finish up the patrol! Then you can talk to everybody, have something to eat and take a rest!" Smokewing told herself in a peppy kind of way, even though that wasn't how she was feeling at all.
They grumbled to them self, still talking to them self thoughtfully. "Come on Smokewing, just tough through this, your almost to the river! Then its a pretty easy way back to the camp!" She told herself in a calm way. "You got this! your so close, just don't get upset over the small things that happen!" Smokewing told herself and then smiled. This seemed to put a little more pep into her step. Smokewing had her tail up in the air and the sky seemed to clear up! Maybe this was a good sign! Maybe all she needed to go was encourage herself more than she was?
Smokewing didn't really have a clue but she could imagine that was why! Smokewing smiled to herself joyfully. The sun seemed to be coming out more. She had no clue why after she got upset the weather changed but she wasn't going to complain that things were starting to lighten up a bit more! Smokewing giggled to herself imagining that maybe somebody had seen her get so upset and changed the patterns of the clouds. Of course, that WAS what actually happened but Smokewing didn't know that was the reason the clouds suddenly set the sun out and it wasn't as windy as it was before!
They smiled to them self happy that the weather changed in such a good way and things were starting to look up! Smokewing walked around the border looking around for anything she may be able to grab or catch for the clan. Any herbs she might be able to grab would be nice to help Bud with that so that she and the gather's don't have to worry about going out to get any. She smiled as she kept on walking looking around still. "See! this is already looking better now Smokewing!" She told herself happily smiling.
Smokewing smiled happily as she looked around. "I'm so happy I'm out of that forest, oh my StarClan that made me upset!" Smokewing said to herself chuckling softly to herself. "Now things are looking a lot better and the sun is out and its not that windy anymore! Maybe I'll be able to find something!" Smokewing said smiling happily waving her tail joyfully. She already felt so much better than before! She waved her tail and bounced happily looking around still and still going on her way. "See Smokewing, not as bad as before! See! Its good you didn't go back to the camp!" Smokewing told herself smiling.
They waved their tail and looked around. Smokewing sat down to catch their breath and re gain their breath for a moment. "Its already looking better! This is why you don't over react about things because simple things like that get better!" Smokewing told herself again "Don't worry to much about stuff like that! It got better and thats great!" Smokewing said smiling happily. She was already happy things were better that before. Smokewing rolled in the grass and giggled happily. They were happy to take a break for a moment.
Smokewing sat up again and shook the grass out of their fur giggling happily. Smokewing stood up and smiled embarrassed at herself. She knew nobody was there with her but she was still embarrassed that she goofed out like that out. "Time to go to the river!" Smokewing told herself smiling waving her tail determined to finish this patrol. "Thank you StarClan for making it less windy and letting the sun out of the clouds" Smokewing thanked StarClan smiling, she was very grateful they had decided to help her. Even though StarClan wasn't the one that helped it she didn't know that was the case!
Smokewing picked up her pace smiling to herself, this patrol had its rough first half but hopefully it would all go well from now till the end of the patrol! But who knows, maybe it wouldn't. Maybe something would happen! "Oh stop thinking like that Smokewing! Its not helping your case and only making things worse! Do not think like that and just go on with the patrol!" Smokewing told herself firmly "You had your rough half of the patrol but the more you think like that the worse its gonna make the patrol because your not looking at the small things you should enjoy!" Smokewing told herself.
Smokewing skipped off to the river then stopped for a moment, she swore she saw a shadow in the water! "What in the actual StarClan? What did I see in the water? That shadow was way to big to be a fish!" Smokewing inspected the water confused "Come out!" Smokewing called to the water. She doubted they could understand her or she could understand them but it was worth a try. "Come out!" Smokewing called again trying to sound nice and not as nervous as she felt right now. They were in the water so she wasn't as scared as she was in the forest because in the forest she had no open area to run in. In the forest the area was full of trees and was harder to run in when you didn't know how to navigate the forest.
"Come on, what ever is in there come out!" Smokewing called to the water hoping what ever she saw would show its self to her so she wouldn't need to keep calling for it to come out of the water. "Please show yourself!" Smokewing called again growing desperate "I just want to know who's there!" She kept on calling out to the water hoping the things in the water could understand her. "please just come out of the water! I'm not going to hurt you I promise!" Smokewing begged. She hoped she wasn't seeing things before and there actually was something in the water that could hear her calling out to it desperately. "Please! I just want to know there is somebody in the water and I'm not going crazy!" Smokewing begged again.
"Please just come out of the water! Who ever you are or what ever you are! Please I'm begging you! I don't want other cats to see me shouting at the water like this!" Smokewing told what ever was in the water begging them to come out of the water and show them self to her. "I promise I won't hurt you!" Smokewing told them. Smokewing folded her tail around her paws and let out a sigh "I guess I was just seeing things, never mind, that was so dumb to be calling out to the water like that, of course theres nobody in there!" Smokewing told herself upset.
"Yes there is" A voice said from the water startling Smokewing at first. "Who are you? And where are you? And what do you want from me?" Smokewing asked suddenly more nervous than she expected to be at first. "I'm not here for anything!" The voice from under the water chirped to Smokewing happily. "Y..you don't?" Smokewing asked confused with the voice "Can you show yourself?" Smokewing asked the voice. The voice made a noise that sounded like they agreed to show them self to Smokewing. "Hello" The voice told Smokewing as a brown braided tabby showed their face from the water.
The cat had one brown eye that was on the left side of their face and a green eye on the right side of their face. "Wh..whats your name..?" Smokewing asked puzzled with this strange cat who seemed to have a tail for the bottom half of their body. "My name is Bearwing, And yours is Smokewing I pressume?" The water cat asked Smokewing softly. Smokewing paused confused and a little scared now "y..yes? How do you know my name?" Smokewing asked the water cat confused and worried. "Well, you seem to talk to yourself a lot and that gave it away" Bearwing told Smokewing "And we have also known your clan for way longer than you would know" Bearwing added smiling.
This seemed to hit Smokewing in a weird way "wait...what!?" Smokewing exclaimed nervously. Bearwing nodded to the confused warrior smiling. "H..how? And who is 'we'?" Smokewing asked nervously to this new water cat. Bearwing smiled again to Smokewing "We have lived here much longer than you would ever know, and 'we' is the water kingdom dearest" Bearwing told them calmly trying to make sure not to startle them to much. "The WHAT!?" Smokewing stared at Bearwing confused and dazed "Another group lives on our territory..?" Smokewing asked confused. Bearwing nodded softly "more than one dear" they said softly to Smokewing.
"More than one!?" Smokewing asked startled and confused. "WHAT!?" Smokewing added. Bearwing nodded again to her and smiled a soft smile "Yes dear, please take a breath your going to scare the prey with all of that yelling" Bearwing said softly to the MistClan cat. "Sorry..." Smokewing mumbled "This just...has me confused and startled at the same time.." Smokewing told Bearwing softly, "How many groups all live here?" Smokewing asked Bearwing confused. "There are 5 groups, including MistClan" Bearwing said smiling, answering Smokewing's questions. "What are all of their names and where do they live? Er, besides MistClan I mean" Smokewing asked Bearwing confused.
"Well, There is the Fire kingdom, we don't know where they live, there is the Cloud kingdom who is living above us right now, there is also the Forest kingdom who lives in that forest over there and the Water kingdom who lives in this water!" Bearwing chirped smiling at Smokewing. So thats why I always felt as though somebody was watching me in the forest! That makes so much more sense now! No wonder I could never see them! They were hidden in the trees to well for me to notice they wern't squirrels but actually cats! Smokewing thought surprised.
"This seems to have just made a lot of sense in your head?" Bearwing asked chuckling softly at Smokewing who seemed to be thinking this whole thing through. "y..yes it has.." Smokewing murmured "I was patrolling the forest earlier and I thought squirrels were dropping stuff on my head, now I'm not so sure those were squirrels! And when I was out in the open I got really upset because the win started picking up and I didn't feel like dealing with the wind while trying to catch prey and finish the patrol then all of a sudden the wind slowed a lot and the sun came out!" Smokewing told Bearwing "I thought it was some random chance that that had happened but was still happy about it! Now I think I know why that happened!" Smokewing exclaimed happily "That helped so much! I thought I was just having a rough day, no wonder the cats were dropping stuff on my head!" Smokewing chuckled.
Bearwing smiled at Smokewing "I'm glad I was able to help you sort that out" Bearwing said smiling "do you have any other questions you would like to ask me dear?" Bearwing asked her smiling at Smokewings realization. "yes, i do! I have a couple actually! First of all, how many of the clan cats know about you guys?" Smokewing asked the water cat "ah! lovely question, Only you and Echostar, though I please ask you do not tell anybody else before telling Echostar you know because this stuff can shake the clan to its core and thats the last thing we want!" Bearwing added.
Smokewing nodded, respecting that request "other question, do you have a tail for your bottom half?" Smokewing asked confused. Bearwing nodded smiling to the clan cat "yes! I do, it is a lovely green tail" Bearwing said smiling "All of the cats in the Water kingdom have them, it helps them catch prey and swim faster if they need to get help, its like running for you guys but instead of back legs we have tails that help us push through the water!" Bearwing told Smokewing as she looked to try and see Bearwings tail.
"Thats cool! And another question, Can you go on land?" Smokewing asked curiously to the finned cat. "yes, we in fact can go on land, though only for a short period sadly! When we walk out of the water we get back paws and are able to walk on the land for if we need to collect herbs and what not when ever we need them!" Bearwing told Smokewing smiling "And then once we go back into the water our tails form back! It always tingles when ever we shift as our legs or tail forms" Bearwing added chuckling to herself.
"Neat! Another question, What is your role in the Water kingdom?" Smokewing asked smiling, Bearwing seemed to be taking all of these question quite well! "I am a angel swimmer, which you would call a medicine cat! I take care of the sick cats and am also tasked with making things and finding my herbs! Though, once I get a minnow, or a medicine cat apprentice to you, they will be able to help me with a lot of those tasks!" Bearwing added smiling "It sounds hard and it is, but its also fun and you get to know a lot about your kingdom!" Bearwing added.
"I love that! I never really thought about the different roles you would have to have down there! One more question I promise" Smokewing said with a small chuckle "what does it look like down there?" She asked Bearwing curiously. "It looks like your normal camp mostly! We live in dens and the leaders den is the one at the back of camp, we have a little arch of seaweed around the entrance to the camp. It looks lovely when you actually live down there, I'm not able to describe it to its full amount of beauty" Bearwing said honestly. Smokewing nodded "thats ok! Thanks for your help though! And thanks for putting up with my questions! It was a pleasure to get to know you better!" Smokewing added smiling, she stood up and headed off to finish her patrol and hopefully catch some prey aswell.
"I can't believe I was so scared to see who was in the water! Bearwing was so nice to me! And it was nice to get to know more about them! It made me realize how much different other cats lives can be!" Smokewing told herself smiling. It was nice to get to know another cat and learn more about them and how they live! It was also really nice to learn more about their territory and the other cats and animals that lived on it! She still couldn't believe that there were other groups of cats that lived on MistClan's territory but it sure makes a lot of sense now! No wonder she always felt like she was being watched in the forest! its because she was actually getting watched! All because other cats were actually living in that forest!
Smokewing went on with their patrol from there on, still in awe about what they had just learned.
[ 5,017 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Smokewing | She/her they/them | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

-- custom predators / prey
n/a
-- level 2
experience: 404 These three posts
-- items in inventory used
x1 blackberry leaves from level up!
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory
Prey:
Vole | 2fp |2
Rabbit | 4fp | 1
Scraps | 1fp | 2
Bugs | 1fp | 1

Herbs:
Hawkweed | 2
Rush | 2
Chickweed | 1
Wintergreen | 1
Tansy | 1
Chervil | 1
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToastCottagecat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:29 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
| 1 FP = squirrel, chipmunk, birds
| 2 FP = lizard, crab, carp, ducklings
| 3 FP = salmon, duck, Pheasant, minnow,
| 4 FP = jackrabbit, weasel, goose
| 5 FP = mouse deer, bass, wild turkey
new predators:
- coyote [ hostile ]
- grey fox [ hostile ]
- raccoon [ neutral ]
- goshawk [ hostile ]

Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? yes :D
ToastCottagecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ [006.] explore

Postby Vivika » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:01 pm

x
x
x
x
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
█████
█████
─────
████
████
────
██
██
──
x
x
██
██
──
████
████
────
█████
█████
─────

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................x
    xxword count: 703 words

xxtldr: a trio of apprentices sneaking out heading out on 'patrol'! just a bunch of light fluff and playful banter really in the midst of a brewing war! ^^
    xxnotes: i also received 90xp from the quest board and added it to my total xp! feel free to double check if you'd like, ahh! <33

☆☆☆

Her mentor wasn’t okay.

There was just something off. The energy wasn’t right. Too tense, too somber, too something. She couldn’t place a paw on it. But something was wrong… like an off-key note screeching a lifeless beat in the crescendo of the oceans’ roar.

“Are you okay?” Her paws shuffled against the sandy grounds, gaze attentive. “Is something wrong? Is-is it about Echofall’s… tumble? I can help and… get some herbs.”

Her mentor’s touch was gentle. Utterly gentle… like the faintest trace of a feather skimming her side. And for a second… it was just her and Silverleaf. Just the two of them like it’d been all those moons ago.

But so much had changed since then.

There was something else in those familiar, soft blue eyes ━ something foreign. Something firm, something unwavering, something fierce. Beyond the softness, something had been lit. Something had changed.

Locked within that gentle gaze was fire.

Blue, undulating flames ignited from a soul pushed too far. And those flames danced, flickering between shades of dark and light, morphing from a single spark to an inferno. The mark of a leader taking her stand and rising to her place in a world gone wrong. And she was ready, head held high and shoulders back. Brave.

“I’ll be alright.” Hushed words graced with a faint smile. Silverleaf drew near, a breath’s span away. “And it’s not Echofall… although he’s a little clumsy, isn’t he?” She chuckled. “I’ll explain later. For now, I just need to find─”

Silverleaf.” Another voice, harsher and rougher around the edges. A flat greeting, brisk and to the point. “We need to speak. It’s an urgent matter. Preferably in private... away from prying ears.”

“Of course.” Silverleaf’s head lifted. “Just… give us a moment, Sorrelpaw. If the hunters come by… just get them to stay for a bit, okay?”

☆☆☆

And she was alone.

They weren’t far... their voices spiraled in the winds… hushed and urgent. Pressing. Snatches and snippets of a conversation, falling and rising with tension, laced with a grim determination.

War.

Her heart stuttered. It couldn’t be. The clan was hardly ready… she wandered closer, wincing as leaves crinkled beneath her paws. Those leaves would forever mock━

And a lion struck.

Wild ginger curls arched, launching from thin air, sending her tumbling into the dirt. A grunt left her throat as plumes of dust rose, casting the world in a hazy mist. Sorrelpaw coughed, nose wrinkling as she lifted a paw. “Wait, Foxpaw…?”

Amber eyes twinkled as a paw batted her muzzle, coupled with a wide grin. “Did I scare ya?”

“... seriously, Foxpaw. You’re like a lion.” Another voice, lilting, with soft amusement. A faint accent laced her words, a melodious cadence like the sonata of a songbird. “Probably scared her to the grave and back.”

Foxpaw snorted. “Nah, I could’ve done worse.”

“True, but━”

“Pffft.” Foxpaw’s gaze flitted to her, paws ruffling her head. “Hey you. What… you don’t recognize your friends?”

A light smile touched her muzzle as Sorrelpaw eased aside. Forgetting these two was impossible. Her ginger-furred lioness with eyes like the dawn and the far from delicate rose. A pair forever locked in eternal banter. Her head tilted. “No, but… what are you doing here? Aren’t you training with━”

“Shhhh.” A tail touched her muzzle. Rosepaw. “About that… Foxpaw and I are on a mission. A quest!”

“You’re on a━”

“Yes!” Rosepaw flicked a tail, thumping it against the sand. “Foxpaw here claims that she’s not afraid of our glorious lead patroller. And she’s out to prove it. Join us?”

She hesitated. “I think I should stay here. Silverleaf… she doesn’t seem like herself. Maybe…”

Foxpaw groaned, tossing her head. “Come on! Did she ask you to stay?”

“No, not exactly.” Her paws shuffled. “It’s just…”

“It’s settled, then.” Foxpaw flashed a grin. “You’re coming with us! We’ll be back before she even finds out... if you’re quick that is! And by the Stars, don’t shuffle your paws. I swear the whole clan will be after us before we can catch a breath. Ready?”

“I don’t… I think we should discuss this a little more?” She scrambled to her paws. “Don’t you think… wait! Foxpaw! Rosepaw!”
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

┌───────────────┐
THE PATROLLERS !

sorrelpaw ☆ she/her ☆ cs/th
100% health ☆ 0% hunger ☆ not sick

rosepaw ☆ she/her ☆ cs/th

foxpaw ☆ she/her ☆ cs/th

catname here ☆ pronouns ☆ cs/th

└───────────────┘
┌───────────────┐
PREY INVENTORY !

☆ vole (1FP)...........Xx3
☆ scraps (1FP)......... x0
☆ lizard (2FP)...... x1 x0
☆ blue crab (2FP)..... x0
☆ grey shrike (2FP)... x0
☆ flying fish (3FP).... x0
☆ herring (3FP)..../x1 x0
☆ bluefin tuna (3FP).. x2
☆ squirrel (4FP)....... x0
☆ duck (4FP)........../x1
☆ jackrabbit (4FP).... x2
☆ white stork (5FP)../x0
☆ pelican (5FP)......./x0
└───────────────┘
┌──────────────┐
EXPLORE STATS + INFO !

current level: level 2 (158/300XP)
active quests: one ☆ two ☆ three
death rolls: not opted in! <33

custom prey + predator list: here!
territory info + landmarks: tbd!
└──────────────┘
┌──────────────┐
INVENTORY ITEMS USED !

1x herring (3FP) and lizard (2FP) to
feed silverleaf, echofall + sorrelpaw
(the previous patrol), and resetting
the past patrol to 0% hunger! <33
n/a or list prey/herbs used here, etc

└──────────────┘
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

font onefont two
┌────────────────────┐
HERB INVENTORY !
x
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
AAA
☆ herb type............. x0

☆ broom................. x1
☆ cobwebs.............. x1
☆ comfrey root......... x1
☆ daisy leaf............. x1
☆ deadly nightshade../x1

☆ fennel................. x2
☆ juniper berries....../x2
☆ lavender............../x1
☆ lovage................/x1
☆ mallow leaves....... x1

☆ wild garlic.........../x1
☆ yarrow................/x1

└────────────────────┘
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ ── 005 !! ))

Postby faelyn » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm

───────────────────────────────────

ImageImage
    ┌────────────┐
    cats on patrol;;
    essie|she / her |hp 100%| hup 10%|n. sick
    quinn| he / him |hp 100%| hup 10%|n. sick

└────────────┘
    ┌─────────┐

inventory;;
    mice| one fp| x zero
    finchxxx| two fp | x zero
    squirrelxxx| two fp | x zero
    duckx|three fp | x two
    rabbit | three fp | xzero
    mink | four fp | x one
    fp of choice| two fp | x one

x
    goatweed | usage | x six
    oak leaves |usage | x three
    goldenrod |usage | x four
    sorrel |usage | x one
    honeyxx| usage | x one
    comfrey root |usage | x one
    herb of choice |usage | x one

items in inven. used;;
    1x squirrel --> fed essie + quinn

important info;;
    last explore -- click!!
    explore reply -- click!!
    level 3 -- 101/400 exp
    word count #972-ish

opted into death;;
    yes! <3 here!

active quests;;
    quest one --> n/a

predators;;
    snakes, foxes, wolverines, bears

custom prey + predators;;
    click!

└─────────┘
    xxxxx
    tldr;; essie doesn't like the snake and remembers a memory of her dove friend not the
    best memory
    ! she thinks some more.. and more for pretty much the entire post before
    the two cats go and attack the snake. c:

it wasn’t supposed to be like this.
    but… it was.

it was a nightmare veiled by a daydream. it was a reality where though the gold ribbons
    of light were tangled in the woody dales beyond, enthroned on this beautiful throne was
    shadows. shadows that seemed to twist every lovely thing into something far from what
    it was meant to be.

jewels into ashes. riches to rags.

she had never been so close to a monster like this -- or had she?

because it seemed so familiar. too familiar. how the scales caught the glow of a thousand
    spotlights, the familiarity of that soft hiss… a ballad that froliced upon a forked tongue
    with such a grace that it chilled her to the ivory of her bones.

but if reality would bend to her wishes that would never come true, she would be far from
    here. far from those eyes that possessed just the blankness of what a shadow could behold.
    far from these forests, where clovers who bore only three leaves mocked her with absence
    of luck.

because luck… it was never on her side.

but between her and those eyes that held a thousand dancing shadows, it was the
    unravelling of her heart. the broken, glass pieces that seemed to fall apart at the sickening
    glisten of those scales that seemed so, so familiar.

a glimpse of a memory that seemed so far, yet so close.
    a glimpse of a memory she never wanted to remember. not now. not ever. but it was here,
    tearing her apart, ripping her down, taking what was left of her heart and adorning it with
    scars.

because forever fluttering in the edge of her heart, it was there.
    the little angel who saved her from… from herself. feathers aglow with the pastels of the
    sweetest of pearly whites to the most elegant of ivories, it had only been so long ago.
    so long ago when that little dove and her once danced together across the most gorgeous
    of gold streets, conversing under the morning stars about the secrets that the little dove

───────────────────────────────────

seemed to already know. it was precious every moment. every hour. every day that was more like treasure than a fragment of time.

it was all gone now. every moment washed away forever.
    for that little angel was gone. nowhere to be seen, without even a lyrical goodbye to end everything that had once thrived in a reality
    that didn’t seem real. not anymore.
    not while the little bird could no longer sing another lullaby. not while it’s heart would never beat again. not while not a single feather
    laced with silvers and ivories existed to mark its walk across the earth, and no matter how hard she tried to forget, the truth still was
    there. wavering and waiting.

for the little angel was dead.
    its heart had been snatched away by a serpant’s thieving fangs, with the little dove’s feathers strung along thrones bejewelled with verdant
    jewels. verdant jewels that shattered as the the glistening monster claimed it’s crown, it’s hissing rhapsodies taking the place of sweet
    lullabies.
    sweet lullabies that never returned.

“essie?” quinn.
    starry like the dazzling lights that would captivate the night skies, his eyes were as gentle as ever. words, so similar to those sweet lullabies
    the little angel would sing but… it was different. different in ways that only her heart could feel.

but those ways, they were slipping away. fading. dwindling like stars falling from the twilight skies, making room for the glorious golds of
    the morning to fill reality with it’s wonder. a wonder that would never grow old.

a wonder that only he was enough to fill.
    quinn. her sun and moon. her world entire. a blessing that gave her a purpose. a soul who knew her better than she even knew
    herself.

softly cascading. gently falling.
    the angels wept. and they wept tears of mockery. tears that erased the ones stained upon the features of a warrior they sought to break.
    to turn her beating heart into nothing more stone.

and… it worked.

because here.. she was.
    broken, yet stronger than ever. weeping, but so unaware of the numbness of her own heart that had become nothing more than something
    fashioned of cobblestone.

but in the rain… in the showering cascades that flooded the gold meadows, there was still hope. still hope as starry eyes fluttered to hers,
    gently guiding her to a place beyond the angels’ prying eyes and away from the soul of a warrior she never was.

that she never would be… not while quinn, her entire world, was still here. still guiding her ever step of the way.

“essie? is every-”
    it was almost suffocating, how reality seemed to flood back, the realization of the beast still dancing it’s sly dance against the earth.
    and it flooded back so quickly. too quickly.

“i’m alright… it’s just-” she wasn’t sure what to say. how to fill the hush that fell over the two as reality seemed to shift once
    again to the coiled serpent. a ticking bomb waiting to react.

“we should go.” starry eyes glanced up at her, every constellation captivated in those familiar, aureate eyes that seemed as soft as ever.
    “it isn’t poisonous, i’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to leave it alone. right?”

“no.”
    each syllable seemed a little too harsh on her lips, a melodic vibrato that was laced with a bitterness beyond anything she had
    ever heard. “we can’t.”

“it won’t hurt anyone, essie. it’s not poisi-”

“no..no, it’s alright, quinn.” a little pause flourished between them, a silence that seemed almost surreal. “you can stay here, alright?
    i won’t be long.”

“then, i’ll come with you.”

and together with their voices stung together in the sweetest of lullabies, they joined the serpent’s dance.
Last edited by faelyn on Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

fist day out exploring

Postby ToastCottagecat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:09 pm

__- 🌿 𝓕𝓮𝓻𝓷 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓷 🌿 -__
Last Explore Post[- None -] | Last Response Received[- None -]

Ferretstar was wandering in the woods, there were lots of different ferns around the forest, suddenly she heard a sound of a rushing waters, she thinks it might be a river or a stream, when she runs towards the sound of the sound the rushing water, "WOooooowWww" she gasped. it was a stream, and under all of those water there are some pretty fishy, after watching the fishes swims she looks around for a log to get acros, lucky she found one! after crossing the stream to the other side there was an Open area... then she thought " this would be a Purrfect place for a training area! " she meowed. when she was walking through the grass... there are lots of bug flying and jumping around! there were butterflies, ladybugs, grasshoppers and many more! after walking for some times she finally back at the camp. it was quiet of an adventure! but... for now ferretstar is gonna take a nap...

[ 160 Words ]

-- cats on patrol
Ferretstar | She/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

custom predator and prey are here
-- level 0
experience: 28 XP

ex. food, herbs, etc.
-- active quests:
- None
-- opted in to death?
no
-- inventory

1FP chipmunk
lovage x1
ragwort x1
Last edited by ToastCottagecat on Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
ToastCottagecat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Vinson » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:22 pm

last explore post | last response received

Soulstealer's breath caught in his throat, but he couldn't let anyone else see he was nervous - that wouldn't help anything. He tried to shake the worry from his mind, tried to focus on the route he would take to Bird's Watch. It had been a few moons since he had traveled out to that rickety old building, but Carrionstar seemed so sure that they needed to go there. That it was their only hope of saving Lily. He flicked his claws in and out of his paws, making them click on the harsh concrete floor of their new camp. Licking his lips to get rid of the tang of blood, he looked around at his new clanmates and found a small warmth rising in his chest, a sliver of a purr rumbling in his throat. They hadn't been together long - just a day, really, but they were already beginning to feel like family. Was this what it was like to be part of a real clan? His last experience living in a group had been with that vicious, good for nothing, backstabbing group of alley cats that had tried to feed him to a dog, and before that he hadn't had the best experiences either. But here, surrounded by cats who had also faced those hardships with grace, gently, not losing any of their heart? These were good cats. This was where Soulstealer needed to be - and if staying with them, helping to grow the clan, meant traipsing through the city at dusk, then that was what he would do.

He cleared his throat, looking at each of the cats around him. "It's not far to the Watch," he told them, nodding. "But it's starting to get dark, and we've already had a run in with some dogs today. We'll need to be extra careful and stay together as a group." His gold eyes glinted, his mind forming a plan.
"Since we're going as a large group, we should each have a partner - to make sure no cat is left behind in case we run into trouble. Tumblinghawk and Rustlingraven, Carrionstar and Crowcrawl - Hiddenpine, you'll stick with me." He flicked an ear back, almost feeling embarrassed about giving his new leader orders, but no one batted an eye about it. He took a step forward, growing more confident by the minute. He had tried to pair each of his clanmates by skill and personality, but he personally wanted to keep an eye on Hiddenpine. The tom seemed meek, but he was quick - there was no way anything could outrun him. The rest of them were a little burlier, more muscular. Soulstealer would make sure that Hiddenpine reached the Watch, and the rest of them could trail behind if needed. Although he wasn't planning on starting any trouble, he had learned to expect the unexpected.

Carrionstar nodded, proud of Soulstealer for taking initiative. He was a cat who knew this city, and all of its dangers, very well. He was glad to have a cat like that in his new clan. Glancing from cat to cat, he realized just how connected they had all grown in such a short time. What would their bonds be like in a few moons - in a few years? He purred slightly, smiling. "Thank you, Soulstealer," he said, stepping forward so everyone could see the both of them clearly. "Can you describe the route we'll be following to get there? I don't want anyone getting lost if a pair gets separated from the main group."

He knew it was a risk, telling everyone he had had a vision of another cat who had instructed him to find her - how were they supposed to believe a half blind, crazy old cat who had been exiled from his former clan? But he knew what he had seen. He knew that this blind blue molly would be at the Watch, and he was insistent on making it there before she left. She had seemed hurried before, and Carrionstar glanced warily over at Lily. How much longer could she wait? They needed to leave soon.

Soulstealer nodded. "We'll mainly follow one alleyway, but it eventually branches into two - we'll need to follow the left path. This road twists and turns, and it may be disorienting - but just be sure to stay on this road, because there are a few branches. Next is a left turn at a big dumpster, then a right at the fish place. The road turns to rocks and stones, and that's when you know you're almost there. Bird's Watch is a big, old tower next to the sea, near the cliffs - there's a lot of sand and the ocean has a very strong smell." He ran through the path in his head, trying to describe exactly how to get there. He flicked his tail, looking at each of his clanmate's faces. Had he gone too fast? Would they understand his instructions if they happened to fall behind the group? But everyone looked confident, and Soulstealer felt at ease.

Crowcrawl narrowed his eyes, looking around. "It's getting dark, and the city is hostile at night - we'll need to make sure we're on constant watch for any other cats, or animals in general. Not many cats venture out to the Watch, so we should be safe out there." The dark tabby tom unsheathed his claws, which clicked menacingly on the concrete floor of the warehouse. Warily, Soulstealer thought that he might be trying to scare the rest of the cats - especially Hiddenpine, who looked even more nervous than before. The poor tom had lived in a bodega all his life, comfortable and safe - he realized, with a sudden pang, that Hiddenpine must be terrified. Everything was new and foreign out here - and he understood the ginger and white tom's anxiety now. He tried to put himself in Hiddenpine's paws, and when their gazes met, Soulstealer softened. Hiddenpine blinked warily, scrunched up into himself.

"If we stay together, the alley cats should have no reason to threaten us. And, if we say we're trying to help a sick cat, they'll let us through. Everyone knows that an ill cat needs to be taken care of," he reasoned, casting a pointed glance at Crowcrawl. The tom huffed quietly, but didn't say anything further.

"Well, if that's it for planning, we should get going before it gets too dark. It'll be easier to see in the Watch if we've got some light still," he said, yellow eyes landing on each of his clanmates. Each one of them looked about as ready as they would ever be. With a final look at Lily and Scout, he whirled around and padded out of the warehouse - Hiddenpine close on his tail, the rest of his clan behind him.

[ 1134 words ]

--cats on patrol
Carrionstar | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Crowcrawl | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Soulstealer | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Rustlingraven | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Hiddenpine | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
Tumblinghawk | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N
--level 2
experience: 194/300

--inventory
inventory located here
custom prey & predator list located here
--items in inventory used
seagull (4 fp) x1, scraps (1 fp) x2
-- active quests:
none
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby unohdettu.lupaus » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:49 pm

Cats of the ruins
[url=link]Last Explore Post[/url] | [url=link]Last Response Received[/url]

Sootstar had been bored for a while,she didnt know what to do at first so she had been just resting on one of the stone pillar in the ruins, letting the sun warm her fur,she soon fell asleep on the pillar, she dreamed of an land where she had many friends, the land was full of prey and nobody had to fight over food but sadly her dream was cut short as she woke up to the birds chirping in the trees, she got up and jumped down from the pillar, she stretched a bit before thinking for a small while,she realised that she had not been on a patrol for a few days, so she was going to leave to patrol the territory borders

[ 125 words ]

-- cats on patrol
Sootstar | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

No
-- level 0
experience: 0
Any items used/eaten this post
ex. food, herbs, etc.
-- active quests:
quest #1 (linked)
-- opted in to death?
no
if yes, link to opt-in form
-- inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0

- Coyote / Unohdettu -
- He/They -
- Discord: thistlecoyote -
- Toyhouse -
- Oekaki artshop
- Instagram -

A certain darkness
is needed
to see the stars
·:*¨༺ ★ ༻¨*:·.

ImageImage

unohdettu.lupaus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[035.] ★ viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:14 pm

They say demons were once angels.

Fallen angels. Banished for cradling evil and indulging its soft, saccharine whisper. A hiss reeking of grey ash and flaming brimstone. A hiss as a prelude for the grave.

Perhaps the snake was one of them. A creature fallen from grace, cursed to crawl and choke upon the fumes of tainted dust. And right now, she wouldn’t doubt it. She wouldn’t doubt this fallen creature; those verdant and gold scales scintillating with the light of a thousand dawns. Those dark eyes… lifeless, yet mesmerizing.

Tantalizing.

The serpent reared its head, slowly swaying, playing along with this little dance.

A step closer and a step to the side, a waltz to the rhythm of thudding hearts and the hiss of a coiled creature. The music was everything ━ the rhythm, the tempo and the beat. One misstep and a strained note revealed too much. It exposed too much.

Yet it seemed that angels always had a way of falling for a silver, forked tongue.

“Quinn!” He moved too quickly, paws sweeping past, rocky over the rhythm of this dance. The music fell on deaf ears, overshadowed by a certain urgency. Too quick, too fast and too exposed.

All in the serpent’s favor.

Her tongue was frozen, heavy as the angels’ mockery resounding in her ears. A relapse of the past, a time vortex seeping into the present, of an innocent dove stained with the crimson of a funeral rose. She was never a warrior, but she’d gone down that road once. And some things just never quite left.

Her claws pierced the serpent, jaws closing around the back of its head. A quick shake and heavy paw upon its head signalled the end of this little game. This twisted little game of life.

“Quinn?” A mere whisper from her jaws as she drifted close, turning his paw towards her. “What were you━ are you hurt? Did it…” Her chest seized. “Did it touch you?”

His warmth against her neck eased her shoulders. A little.

“I’m fine, Essie. It didn’t even touch me.” A small pause. “Besides… it’s not even poisonous.”

“I know. It’s just━ ”

“Are you alright?” His gaze met hers illuminated with the dawn… and all its warmth. Its tenderness. “You’ve been…”

Her chin lifted. “I’m alright. Come, I think there was something in its nest. Something━”

“You mean this?” His muzzle pulled into a small grin as he brandished a long, slender stick. “I didn’t know you liked stealing from the dead.” (+1 nightshade, +1 stick)

A chuckle eased from her chest.

“Mhm…” Her paws skimmed against the edges of the burrow. Against something soft. Soft, white and... fluffy. Her chest seized as she grasped the soft creature. Long, velvety ears, fluffy, ivory fur… a rabbit. It was just a rabbit. (+3FP rabbit)

Her chest eased.
    Not… her friend. Not the dove━

“Hey you.” A stick tapped her side sealed by a cheeky wink. It wavered in his jaws as he waved the slender stick before her face, testing… tempting. “Guess this is mine now, huh? Unless… unless there’s competition?”

His nose twitched, another grin stealing across his features, as he poked her with it once more.
    And at that moment, she couldn’t have loved him more.

x

totals (opted in for death)

xx+10% hunger for each patrol cat
    xxxx↳ essie (10% hunger), quinn (10% hunger)
    xxxxxname (00% hunger), name (00% hunger), name (00% hunger)

xxxp stats
    xxxx↳ +110XP for writing, +20XP for patrol sent
    xxxxxx+6XP for prey, +4XP for herbs, +10XP for predator battle

xxprey + herb finds for patrol
    xx+3FP rabbit
    xx+1 deadly nightshade, +1 stick

xxlevels
    xxxx↳ +150XP → level 3 (251/400XP)
    ────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    ✦ notes: n/a!

─────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika