Re: Stars #700

Postby Mercuré » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Username: Mercuré
Clan: Spirits of the Mayombé
Name: Ndosi

Prompt:
Entry 1:
The grass is wetter than usual and I went to Diboka for council today. I went because I’m not used to the emotions I’m currently feeling. I am usually more reserved and analytical, at times spacey. Never though am I overcome with emotions. Recently though I have this big emotional ball within me that seems impossible to tangle. So I went to Diboka and asked them for emotional guidance. They were calming and gentle and we talked. At the end they told me to write down my thoughts, that writing them down maybe I could begin to understand them. I liked that approach it feels more scientific, something more in my territory and familiar.

List of feelings/thoughts:
When I am around Ndeke I feel different.
When we speak I feel more energetic.
She does not ignore me like others.
She is interested in what I have to say.
When I first joined the clan she didn’t look at me suspiciously.
She doesn’t dislike my features like I do.
My emotions are shifting and I don’t know why.

I think I am going to talk to Diboka again tomorrow if she’s not performing her ritual duties.

Entry 2:

I spoke to Diboka again. She asked me what I wrote down so I read her my list. She said that I shouldn’t limit them to a list and let myself just write freely but that this was still good. I asked her what it meant but she said it was probably best if I figured out my emotions and that she would give guidance along the way and ask questions but I need to understand myself.

“You’re so curious about what is going on out here” she said, waving her paws to the surrounding jungle, “put you need to know what’s happening here,” she tapped her paw to my forehead, “and here” and she rested her paw on my chest above my heart.

I understand I need to be more in tune with myself but I’m confused and disoriented. I remember as a kit accidentally falling into a river and those few moments before my mother fished me out. The feeling of confusion and uncertainty and being way out of my depth. It’s this feeling now. Except unlike the river I’m not panicked in the same way. I don’t fear for my life but instead panic when Ndeke rests her head on mine. Or when she smiles at me.

A list of times I panic (in a non-river-drowning-way)
When she smiles at me
When she rests on me
When she grooms my fur
When she starts talking excitedly about something
When she compliments me
When she looks proud after coming back from a successful hunt
When she looks around for me
The face she makes when she finds me
The face she makes when we relax at night looking at the sky

Entry 3:

I didn’t go to Diboka today, I’m working on sorting out my own emotions. We had some visitors today. Cats who claim they came from up north, a place where thick jungle finds defeat in grassy plains. They brought gifts and spoke with our leader. One looked at me weirdly though. The cats in this clan have gotten used to my appearance so I haven’t seen that look in a while. Ndeke and I were lounging in a spot of sun and the cat approached us. He was shades of grey and black and like Ndeke he had scars. He came up and asked Ndeke what was wrong with me. I don’t know why he didn’t ask me. “Why do they look like that?” Ndeke made a face I didn’t like. I wasn’t great at understanding emotions but I knew Ndeke was very very angry. I spaced out then. I think I’ve mentioned I’m not good at paying attention to things sometimes. The sun was warm and I didn’t like arguing and why were they both so loud! So I stuck my face in Ndeke’s fur and breathed in the smell.

Add that to the list from last time, the feeling of Ndeke’s fur.

Once things calmed down I finally looked up. The cat was leaving in a huff and he didn’t seem pleased but at least they had stopped arguing. Ndeke asked if I wanted to go relax by the pond and I could think of nothing better than leaving the visitors, at least for a bit.

As we sat by the pond and watched small frogs and newts Ndeke kept giving me looks. I don’t know what they meant I couldn’t decipher them. Eventually she spoke, “You know nothing is wrong with you, right?”
“Well I am missing part of a limb and my tails and eyes are weird.”
“But that doesn’t mean something is wrong per se. You’re just different.”
“Is this about the visitor from earlier?”
“Maybe,” She said as she leaned against my fur. The panic-but-not-drowning-panic feeling was in my chest as she did that. “I just don’t want anyone to be rude to you like that”

I hummed and considered it. I didn’t mind what happened now though especially since Ndeke was with me. And then as she began to drift off on my shoulder it hit me. Love. I was dense I knew that but I was surprised the thought hadn’t crossed my mind. I didn’t know what to do with this information. Did Ndeke feel love for me? What am I supposed to do? I felt lost and happy and confused and content all at once.

Entry 4:

I went to Diboka again. I told her I knew what emotion it was and told her it was love. Diboka did not seem surprised in the slightest. In fact, she had a knowing grin on her face. I asked her how she knew and she explained that “even the blind could see it,” which alarmed me a bit. Did this mean Ndeke knew? I felt slightly embarrassed. I tended to think of myself as quieter and more reserved and the idea that everyone knew how I was feeling, even when I didn’t startled me. It also started me the gravity of this emotion. Love was a strong word but I didn’t know how else to describe it. When we stargazed at night she felt like the only person in the world. I didn’t feel any stress or sadness just a calm. I remember eventually having to go back and missing the moment already. Being with her felt as easy as breathing and like I was everything. I felt the liveliness of the jungle within me and feel so entirely me, whoever that may be.

“What do I now? Does she love me back?”

“I can’t give you answers but I’ll suggest telling her how you feel. Something tells me it’s going to work out well,” Diboka then smiled knowingly to herself.

I think she’s right I’m going to tell her. I hope she loves me back.
Last edited by Mercuré on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mercuré

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:20 pm

Username: 0Zero0
Clan: Peak Clan
Name: RingFeather

Prompt:
Entry I
Gravity. It is a unbelievable pressure on all our hearts. Feel the push, the pull, and the heartache of it all. Tears of the goddess herself will pull me to my fate at the undertow's bottom. I shall simply let it steal my momentum, and drift as a leaf stares openly at the stars. I only hold my breath so that I may last till the end of the line, though I am not likely to be noticed before I reach the end. A log breaks my path as I reach towards the sky. Heaving for survival, tufts of fur flail about. Alone.

I then had a dream. A vivid reality that wasn't my own. Breathing heavily I see a face unfamiliar to me. Violet in nature, peircing into my soul with bright amber eyes. She spoke softly, and I couldn't hear the she-cat beyond her tone. As my body shook to it's core, a soothing tone reached my ear.

"Will they be okay?"

Like milk from my mother, I felt like a freshness washed over me. A smooth slate of kindness, warmth. I would cherish this moment. A needle. A large sharp fang in my side. How could I ignore such a feeling beyond the honey coated reverberation in the distance. Such a contrast between the two, the voice and the pain. Would I make it through?
Entry 2
Entry 3
Last edited by 0Zero0 on Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

panda by phtorxp ∘ fox by fluffy_marry ∘ cat/coding by me
Image Image Image Image

X
〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ Scorpio ✜ Adult 〙
ImageImage Pokemon PMD RP
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilentMelody » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:36 pm

Dropping out!! Good luck to everyone :)
Last edited by SilentMelody on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mel | adult | she/her | bi

toyhouse - silentmelody
admin/staff for dcay on cs

RBT in ABA therapy for autism
B.S. in psychological sciences

low activity, but i still check my pms!
SilentMelody

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:32 pm

Username: nio
    Clan: bayclan
    Name: Eos [the goddess of dawn]
    > responsible for keeping and telling of bayclan lore, and lore of the surrounding areas. often mingles with queens, kits and wise-ones.

Prompt:
    ONE wrote:text text text

TWO wrote:text text text

THREE wrote:text text text
Last edited by nio on Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:34 pm

Username: EchoIre
Clan: LakeClan
Name: Inessa > Morningflutter

Prompt:

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 6 wrote:Sometimes, I wonder why I miss the cats who left us. They were right to go, I know. It was safer for them. I know I'd only attract the Twolegs' attention. But I wish they hadn't left. I wish they would come back. I wish they didn't try to make Mom leave too.

I'm lucky she takes care of me.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 8 wrote:Mom came back late again tonight, and she didn't have any food with her either. She looked like she was barely standing. She's gotten so thin. I would hunt with her, but I know I can't go out during the day. I even asked her if I could today, but she just ignored me and went to sleep. She's been really tired lately. I don't know what I can do.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 9 wrote:Argh! Something great happened today, diary, but Mom doesn't even care! She's just so mad I went outside when she was away, I don't think she's ever gonna let me go out now! She didn't even let me walk around the alley when she got back, it was straight away 'Nessie, how did you get that?' and 'Nessie, why did you go outside?' and 'Nessie, did anyone see you,' like, of course not, Mom! I'm hungry, not stupid! She didn't even care how I learned to hunt in the first place! Argh!

I guess I should tell you, huh? I bet you'd listen better than Mom anyways.

You remember what I wrote last night? Well, when I went to sleep, I had the weirdest dream; I was standing by this massive puddle - like, I could've drowned in this puddle, diary, along with a million other cats and there would still be room. There was a lot of grass everywhere, like the entire ground was covered in it. I don't think there was any stone at all. And then there were these massive trees, too. I couldn't even see the top! But I really wasn't looking for the top of the trees, because I wasn't alone by the giant puddle.

There was a stranger there with me. Normally, when I dream about cats it's either Dad or Michail or Adelaida, but not this time. This cat looked really sparkly, and their eyes were pure white, and I know how this sounds, diary, but listen: they taught me how to hunt! They taught me how to crouch and balance right, and how to hold my tails so that they didn't drag or stick out above my head, and a bunch of really boring stuff about how to walk. When I woke up, I the dream seemed so important and I was so hungry I just had to try it out! Even though it meant sneaking out. But I actually caught a mouse! I took it right back home, because I didn't wanna be seen, but even that wasn't enough for Mom.

Ugh. Now I'm upset again.

I'm gonna go to sleep. Maybe I can get Mom to eat in the morning.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 10 wrote:Well, I got Mom to eat. But she's still really mad with me. She didn't let me try to explain the dream either. I thought about it some, after I went to bed last night. How did I dream about that stuff? Mom's never even tried to teach me to hunt, and Dad... well, Dad tried a long time ago, but I could never balance on my three legs with him. How did I learn that from a dream? Why did it work?

I guess I shouldn't go outside again. I didn't tell you this, diary, but somebody did see me yesterday. They were a little Twoleg, and I think I scared them. I ran away before any of the big Twolegs saw me, but... I'm not so sure I want to go out any more. I thought I would like it outside, but I just felt so... exposed. It wasn't anything like how I was expecting.

I hope Mom can find something today.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 11 wrote:Mom didn't find anything last night. She's already left for the day, and... I went out to. After her! Well not, after her after her, but I snuck out of the den when she left. I knew she wouldn't like it, and I didn't like it, but I couldn't just sit there and do nothing.

Another Twoleg saw me today.

They were faster than the small Twoleg; they actually grabbed me and picked me up with their paws. I had to scratch and bite their weird paws until they let me go, and-

And I didn't catch anything. I just ran all the way back. I understand why Mom doesn't let me outside during the day, but I wish I didn't have to. I wish the Twolegs would just leave me alone.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 15 wrote:Mom woke up with a really bad cough today. Like, it-woke-me-up levels of really bad cough. I think it woke her up too. She said she would be fine, but I'm worried.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 17 wrote:Mom couldn't make it out of the den today. Her legs were shaking so much. I've never seen her like that. I don't think I ever want to again.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 18 wrote:Mom couldn't get up today, either. She barely even woke up at all.

I'm not inside the den right now. This morning, I brought her water by dipping a Twoleg pelt in the faucet outside and letting her suck the water from it until she could talk. It took a while. I hated seeing her like that. But yesterday night, I dreamed about that cat from before. They told me that Mom was dying, and I needed to get this plant from the edge of the forest to save her. I was scared t, and I still am, but seeing her today... I knew I had to go.

I've been hunting all day today. I brought Mom a mouse earlier, and I think I've caught enough now to last her until I get back. Hopefully. I just have to hope that she can get water on her own. And that nobody sees me... there were some close calls today, diary. I had to scratch another Twoleg. I'm scared, but I have to do this for her.

I'm going to take everything back to her, and then I'm going to leave. Wish me luck.

New Leaf, New Moon, Entry 19 wrote:Yesterday was horrible. I couldn't find a good spot to sleep, and I could barely get any sleep at all because of how cold it was. But, I guess I need to keep moving anyways.

I miss Mom. I hope she's okay. The cat in my dreams

Spirits, that sounds so stupid. What am I doing? What else can I do? I know it's crazy, but I couldn't just teach myself how to hunt when nothing ever worked before, right? Sure, I'm not perfect, but it worked! I don't know, something about the dreams feel... real. It's not like there's anything else I can do anyways.

The dream cat gave me directions again. They said I should reach the forest at sunhigh, and they showed me where the plant would grow and what it looks like. I guess I'll see if I'm crazy by sundown, huh?

I hope I'm not making a mistake.

I've gotten better at hiding from the Twolegs. I don't think anyone saw me today, and nobody got even close to grabbing me. I think I might be able to go quicker today.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 18 wrote:I made it back. She's okay. I am very tired.

New Leaf, Moon 12, Entry 19 wrote:

wip!
Last edited by EchoIre on Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tula! » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:42 am

this is being extendided (:
tula!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♔ ── can't wish it away !! ))

Postby faelyn » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:47 am

██
██
██
██
██
██
username:
faelyn
clan:
the shores
name:
aria (melody)
-> sedna (god
ess of the sea)
the siren

prompt;;; click on the gif! <3
an eternity ago.. the angels were innocent.. with wings of ivory and halos
of gold, they were perfect.. until they weren't. their hearts became twist
ed.. and they became nothing but beautiful demons. daughter of the mos
t powerful of angels.. a princess is bestowed unto the heavens.. but a cur
x

se is adorned on her heart.. foretelling an et
ernal sleep of darkness over the angel. but, d
espite the scheming hearts of corrupt angels,
she survives... but is left to fight off the curse
of darkness in her heart. ------------------------
██
██
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 am

Username: Vivika
    Cat Name: Evanie >> Asterbreeze
    Clan: Falls of Eden
    Prompt: linked below! <33
    An Eagle's Call <3
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

stars #700 results!!

Postby sunny-skies » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:24 pm

hello everyone!! as per request, I've taken over judging this competition for tula
I'm super sorry for the wait, and thank you so much to everyone for being so patient! everyone's forms were incredible and I needed some help from bees to decide on a winner!

I'd like to give a big congrats to Vivika!! I was incredibly impressed with your entry, it was beautifully written and had so much depth! the plot and characters were both developed very well, and the story was overall engaging and held my attention the whole time! take good care of evanie, your win was well deserved <3

faelyn, your entry had such a good concept and it was put together really well! the ending was super sweet, and the way it was written was so beautiful and poetic
Mercure, I really enjoyed reading your story and it was really interesting to see how ndosi worked through their emotions. I really wanted to read what happened next!!

bees and I recognized the thought that both of you put into your entries, and decided that you each deserved something for your patience and effort! you've each earned 1 unlimited uc myo each, as bees was kind enough to offer a couple from their own bank <3
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:34 am

ashdsjdfskdjhfd i'm literally speechless, ahh! thank you so much!! i'm over
    the moon about this bby and i can't wait to develop her story further! <33