B#841 - Partner Competition - Winners by Hail.

Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

B#841 - Partner Competition - Winners

Postby Hail. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:52 am

No matter how young, we all have our quiet hidden
secrets

This is a partner competiton with viscet #1331!!!
Because this is pps, it will not count against a monthly limit!

Rules
1. You must have a partner to enter
2. Do not be passive aggressive or even aggressive. If you are I will revoke the prize you won, or you could even get a warning.
3. This will be an unlimited impress me with a theme! Have fun!
4. Find a partner here!!
5. Nothing off site, but off thread is allowed

Theme!
The theme for this forum is quiet secrets and loud truths!
You must keep the forum centered around these two viscets and the theme - though you can include individual backstories and such if you wish

Code: Select all
Username-
Partners Forum -
Name -
Gender -
IMPRESS ME!

This will end on April 7!!

FAQ

"What do you mean by loud truths? Could you give an example?
Hidden secrets are things that cannot be easily seen or known, they thrive in shadows and watch the world go by in silence
Loud truths are things that cannot be hidden or destroyed. They walk in broad daylight and present themselves to all those around.

So... a modern example of a loud truth would be hair color, if you are alive, The way you are facing. Something that cannot be hidden from anyone

Could the larger viscets story revolve around hidden secrets or must it be the loud truth or possibly both?

That's up to you ^^

[img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2784164&size=large&format=auto&rev=1490312279[/img]
//Mutations//
Smooth Horns (ram) - uncommon
Last edited by Hail. on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:09 am, edited 5 times in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: B#841 - Partner Competiton

Postby angeldog513 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:15 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage

Ideas/notes to self (please do not use these ideas)

Username- angeldog513
Partners Forum -
Name - Ananael (meaning secret in Enochian)
Gender - Female
IMPRESS ME!

rES
Last edited by angeldog513 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Hi there I'm angeldog513, you can call me whatever you like as long as it isn't hurtful though! Send me a PM I'm always looking for new friends or someone to chat with! Also would you please say I referred you here please and thank you!My Viscets My Deviantart
angeldog513

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:04 pm

partnering with Vesinir
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:03 am

mark
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softballpup12 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:50 am

Mark till I find a partner.
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby grifforik » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:24 am

Username- Grifforik
Partners Forum - Bettalong
Name - Sassi (She who speaks the truth)
Gender - Female

Art by Bettalong

Personality:

Sassi is much like her name, sweet, sassy, and bold. She is very much the little annoying sister type, who never quite knows when to be quiet and when to speak up. She always speaks her mind, and often tells truths no one wants to hear, having no concept of what a white lie is in her youthful innocents. She’s often loud, and always slightly bossy, which gets her into more trouble than anything else, however, her charming personality and good natured innocents help her get out of it. More often than not Sassi is the kind to brood over her troubles, causing the little viscet a certain amount of anxiety though she tries to be brave and keep her anxiousness a secret. All in all, Sassi is very much a young viscet who’s never come upon a person she didn’t call friend, or a situation she couldn’t handle on her own, until she met Zaza (well the events that led up to their meeting anyway.)

Story

I spent the entire day looking for someone to help me talk to an adult, it seems that every time I try I get a pat on the head and shooed out of the room like a baby. I know I’m not really old enough to ask things but I have a quest to find my family and adults rea reallllllly frustrating sometimes. I mean, I asked to see the mayor of the town and they think it’s cute, like I’m asking to see some mythical animal. I don’t think I was ever the kind of kid that played with dolls and acted childish (well I don’t think I was, but that’s anyone’s guess since I can’t remember.)

No one in the crummy town could help me, they were all sorry for me, but no one could help. I was tired of seeing sympathetic faces and grand gestures of good will (by giving me food and the occasional copper piece that all adults seemed to think was a huge deal, when in fact I didn’t ask for it or want it). I’m pretty sweet by nature so I never feel the need to hurt their feelings and tell them I do very well on my own, but it is beyond frustrating that I can’t talk to them like an adult. Sometimes my size and age make me feel like an old woman trapped in a baby’s body, but then I get distracted and I’m happy again so there’s that.

I was heading out the town, kicking a rock and muttering about stupid adults, when I heard grows and the sound of someone being dragged. I instantly forgot my anger and the rock (which I tripped over) and rushed to the noise, I heard a male telling the group of males that they had the wrong guy, and instead of letting him go they laughed. It wasn’t a pleasant laugh but one that made you shudder a little inside, and it snapped my out of my instant paralysis and into action.

I leapt out of the cover of the brush I’d been watching from and demanded they let him go, giving them a stony glare for good measure (I was great at those). For an instant they froze, I could see fear on their faces and knew in that instant that they too, knew what they were doing was wrong. So, before they could move or speak, I demanded again they let the poor male go.

“You let him go! I know, you know that being a bully is wrong, or you wouldn’t have been scared when I yelled at you just now. Now you let him go and go home and ask your mamas for forgiveness! For shame on all of you, picking on this male when there’s four of you and only one of him! That’s being a bully all right, and I don’t think you mama and da would appreciate that their babies are turning into bully’s. Now you let him go and apologize this instant!”

I felt instantly good about what I said, it was the truth, and they knew it. And the stunned silence that followed only made me feel that more vindicated. I mean they obviously knew that I was right and they were wrong, and I wondered if, in that instant, they did think about what their parents would have said, I could only hope they looked in their hearts and went to talk to their parents. I knew that’s how bullying ended, when someone you love spoke up to you.

So, I stood there, waiting for them to make the right choices, tapping my toe and waiting. They looked a bit dense so I figured I’d give them a little more time, if they weren’t too bright they would need it, though the male I was trying to help was giving me a look of sheer disbelief and something else I could read, making me frown at him too. I mean I was there to save him after all, the least he could do was smile.

And just like that the silence was over and the males started to howl with laughter, causing me to gasp and grit my teeth to keep from growling (not a lady like thing to do, growl). But they’d let go of the male and were holding on to each other laughing, so I figured they must have been super happy to have intervene and set them back on the right path. I’d just about decided they were all a little slow because they kept laughing and wheezing, and I was just about to get mad again when the male pulled himself free of the rope around him, shoved one of the males into the other ones sending them all down in a pile of flailing limbs, and sprinted over to grab me, throw me over his shoulder and run.

I yelled at him to put me down, and maybe growled a little. I was kind of afraid but mostly mad. I mean, he could have at least thanked me, or asked me before picking me up. I hate being picked up! All this after I just saved his bacon too. I was beginning to regret it, though not really because everyone needed help sometimes and this poor fellow would have been toast without me. And not the good kind either, the burned stuff that no one wanted to eat. He was so very lucky that I came along.

Finally, after what seemed hours he put me down and plopped on the ground, panting. I was out of breath as well, but mostly from yelling at him to stop running. He glared at me and I glared back, and before he could say anything I took a deep breath and said:
“Um… you’re welcome!” I folded my arms across my chest, and glared, tapping my toe and waiting for his answer.

“You want me, to thank you?” he had the strangest look on his face, like he was caught between anger and laughter, and couldn’t figure out which one he wanted to use.

“Well… yes. I did just save you after all. Those were bullies and I hope they learned their lesson. They need their mamas to give them a whoopin’ because that is not nice at all.” I said, adjusting my backpack so I didn’t catch the strangled look of anger on his face.

“Look kid, I don’t know what you think you were doing back there, but I saved you. After they stopped laughing they would have tied you up too. They were going to make me help them rob some rich guy, or destroy me, and I shudder to think how they could have used you to get to the guy instead.” He sounded tired, and I decided to forgive him the lack of thank you. He’d probably been really scared, so he wasn’t sure how to react.

“Well, you are safe now,” I patted his hand where it rested on his leg and I saw him visibly contain the rage that looked like a normal thing for him, so I dismissed it. He seemed nice enough and he was an adult (I think?).

“Why are you all alone kid?” he asked, looking around as if someone was going to show up.

“I’m searching for my parents.” I said truthfully, and sadly. It was a depressing reminder that I had gotten nowhere in the months I’d been looking, and no one really talked to me at all. I hadn’t found out anything and I hadn’t gotten very far from the river where I’d started. Being young and small meant small legs that didn’t travel far and no one was really willing to transport a child that they didn’t know places, because under the king’s law you could get some serious jail time if you weren’t their family or if they thought you were a slave trader. I didn’t know why that was, but it was explained to me by a kind old man that helped me get to the first town and gave me my sling shot for protection.

“All alone? How come no ones with you now?” he asked, resting against a tree he’d scooted over to.

“Because I don’t know anyone, and I can’t remember anything, just waking up next to the river soaked and cold. And someone helped me get warm and sent me to the first town to see if anyone knew my parents. But… nope. And no one wants to talk to me either,” I sank down across from him, pulling my back pack off to hug it to the front of me, burying my face in it, and trying not to cry. I was so sure that I would have gotten somewhere with finding them by now when I’d started but now? I just… I didn’t know what to do.

“Hey, don’t cry kid.” He patted my shoulder, awkwardly. I was so sad and alone, and full of emotions that I threw myself into his arms and sobbed on his shoulder. I was, after all, just a little viscet. I was tired of being brave all the time and for some reason I felt I could trust him.

“My name is Za… Zaza, which is easier for you to say than my real name, what’s you name kid?” he sounded strained, and was really awkward about the half hug he gave me, but it made me feel better, so I pulled away, but stayed close him, and wiped my eyes.

“Sassi. My name is Sassi and I’m all alone,” I said, in a pathetic whisper, and I could see that something in his past clicked and his eyes softened, and he gruffly asked if I needed help. I said I did, and I didn’t know how to get it, and in that moment, he must have decided he would help because he promised to help me find my family, and get me home safely.

It’s how I met Zaza and how we began our adventures, and how I decided to think of him as my brother, who was both kind, but gruff and tough and everything you could want in a brother (he was also rude, annoying, and never did say thank you for me rescuing him.)

History

I don’t know much, honestly, I don’t know anything. I only remember feelings from my family. Love, comfort, humor, and safety. All feelings that let me know that somewhere out there my family was looking for me as hard as I was looking for them. I don’t know what happened, I only remember the water, the cold dark water that swept me away to wake up, half alive, on its banks in the middle of nowhere. There was a moment, upon waking, that I could almost see the face of my mother, but I can’ remember her, or them, and I know it’s a ‘them’ as in a bunch of someone’s. But who they might be I don’t know, and I can guess at where they might be.

I spent that first few days with the old woman whom I found and who was kind enough to care for a half drowned viscling. She helped me more than she’ll ever know, because of her I didn’t freak out and I didn’t turn bitter when I spent months searching up the river and found nothing.
I was in a rather old district in a large town when I met Zaza, and we spent a while searching for my parents. Zaza promised he would help me find them, and even sent out pages to towns to their mayors to let them know there was a lost viscet looking for her family.

Its been about a year since I woke up wet and cold and alone, next to calm deceptive river bed. And still my search continues, though I have stayed in the same town for months now, loath to move on now that I have friends and Zaza has a focus to work from. He’s busy a lot lately, and I appreciate all he’s done and doing for me. He’s such a kind, though grumpy, male. Exactly what I would pick for a big brother, and the only person in the whole wide world I trust without question, though he’d probably tell me it was a terrible choice (he’s silly like that.)

Likes: Bossing people around, collecting small shiny rocks, pastries, and stories (she loves listening to stories being told).
Dislikes: The dark, being bossed around, veggies, and being ignored (there is nothing in the world that drives her crazy like being ignored by someone.)

Friend stories:

Sabaku and Flora

It was cold outside the first time I met Saba and Flo, they were running through town laughing and I saw them and lounged to have a friend my own age. Zaza was great, grumpy, but great, but he wasn’t my age and he wasn’t my size, and he didn’t like to play my games. Altogether a fun traveling companion but not a good playmate.

We’d stopped in this town to get more supplies and ask after my family, like we did in every town, and I sighed as I saw the other kids my age playing and running about laughing. Zaza saw this and my lounging I think, and sent me off to play saying he’d find me before it was time to go again.

I didn’t hesitate, I took off before he could change his mind and followed the girls into the woods, where I promptly became lost. Being daring and bold was all well and good in your head, but when you actually did it was terrifying. My heart was racing and I stopped, looking around to try and get my bearings and failing, I was too small to see anything around me and too ignorant of the woods or forests to know where to look and what to look for.

I was on the brink of tears when I heard giggles ahead and ran toward them, never once thinking it could be something bad. I broke out into a clearing surrounding a giant tree, that strangely had a door and windows, to find the little girls who’d be giggling were sitting next to the door to the tree, doing something. I gasped a little, out of breath, and they turned to look at me, and smiled brightly.

“Hi there!!” they called, voices in harmony as they excitedly jumped up and raced to where I stood. I made sure to stand my ground, though I was nervous and not sure how my welcome would be.

“I’m Saba and this is Flo, and you are?” the buff colored girl asked me, her eyes very kind with a hint of mischief that I instantly connected to.

“My name is Sassi, I… I was wondering if you would maybe want to… play?” I asked, proud that my voice quivered only a tiny bit.

They both smiled at me and took my hands and pulled me along to a table with a tea party all set up and ready to play, it was one of the happiest moments of my life, and my first real memories of having friends.

Buddy and Fauna

Meeting Buddy and Fauna was a whole different kettle of fish than Saba and Flo. Buddy was super standoffish like his brother and somewhat of a bully though he didn’t bully the younger weaker kids, only the bigger tougher ones that would have been bullies themselves had it not been for him. He was by no means the biggest of the viscetlings but he was the toughest of them all.

All of which didn’t even register on Sassi’s radar. She couldn’t care less what the others said about him, or what his gruff nature implied. She knew he was hiding behind a mask of toughness, much like his brother did. She couldn’t say how she knew, just that she was able to look beyond the mask to the scared and sad little viscet inside of him, and felt it was her job to make sure he didn’t get too full of himself.

That was how she met Fauna.

One day she was bulling Buddy into playing with her, mostly she just wore him down with incessant talking until he finally gave in, which amused her. He always gave in, she didn’t know why he fought it, Sassi always got her way, she was more stubborn than and 12 goats, or so he would yell at her, throw his hands up, and finally start to play. She also knew, he secretly enjoyed that she wouldn’t leave him alone till he gave in, it gave him the excuse to be just a kid who wanted to play, and didn’t make him look bad or ruin his reputation of toughness, you couldn’t, after all, be blamed for a girl wearing you down and making you do stuff, girls were the only exception to the tough rule (or some such nonsense that Sassi didn’t quite understand, being a girl).

One day, she’d just about worn him down, when another viscet trotted up, she wasn’t someone that Sassi had met yet, and she was, honestly surprised to see her. They chatted for a bit, and she found out that Fauna (which was her name) had a brother who made glass things. Which was all very exciting to Sassi who’d never heard of that before.

They, all three of them (because like it or not Buddy had agreed to play), raced to the Glass smith’s shop, so that Fauna could con her brother into showing the three of them how he made the little glass figures that Fauna loved so much.

That was the day that Sassi knew she’d made friends for life in Buddy and Fauna.

Trouble yet again

I don’t mean to get into trouble, but dang it, it is so hard not to. Zaza says trouble follows me like a dog on the heels of its master, but what can I do? I don’t go looking for trouble like he does. I’m just me…

That being said, I don’t know when to quit, though I secretly acknowledge that it is one of my flaws. This particular time, several little bully boys were tormenting a frog, and though most people would say, yeah, it’s just a frog and move on, I couldn’t let it go. The poor thing hadn’t done anything to anyone else, but I knew in my heart of hearts that if they continued they’d turn into worse than bully boys, so I had to say something (didn’t I?). I probably shouldn’t have rushed in like I did, demanding they let the frog go and go back to their mothers like good boys.

One of them snorted and tried to get the frog back from me. Causing me to scowl, which I know doesn’t look good on me. I told him to go away, he couldn’t have it back, and worked up the meanest look I could, and delivered it to the unsuspecting little boy. He took one look at my expression and knew I meant business and ran off with his little friends.

(Unbeknownst to me at the time, Zaza was standing behind me glaring at them too, and while I am fierce, I will admit his mean look is far more effective than mine, being as how his attitude is one that backs up his look, while mine is more akin to an angry bunny, much to my disgust.)

Where do I live
:
Now that’s a good question. I have no idea. I was separated from my parents during a flood, I think I’d hit my head because I only remember water, so much water, someone yelling my name, and then nothing until I awoke next to the river. Wet, cold, and hungry I found a little camp and a kind woman who fed me, helped me get warm and asked me dozens of questions, and helped me figure out what I should do. She was old, extremely old, and unable to travel or she’d have gone with me. As it was she was very kind, and gave me a pack and funds to help me along my way, and hailed a driver to carry me to the next town so I could begin my quest to find my family. It wasn’t long after that, that I found Zaza.

Friends:
Last edited by grifforik on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:46 am, edited 23 times in total.
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Shaded- » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Username- -Shaded-
Partners Forum - Folly's Form
Name - Koomer
Gender - Male

"Lies are always short and sweet."
"The truth hurts sometimes"
"I'm as sweet as poison, hun."

Koomer - Male - Shaded
"The truth hurts sometimes"

Personality;

Fake, Adverse, Bipolar, Irritable, Bold, Protective

Before _____

The blurs of viscets flow around me as I wander the bustling stores yelling their deals and promoting their items. I stop myself and squint my eyes and hold my hand up to my face as I see a glint of yellow
Last edited by -Shaded- on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
╔════════════════════════════╗
They/Them | Virgo | Artist/Animator
----
Hey, I'm -Shaded-
I enjoy lots of things like music, art,
Panic! at the disco, and voltron! *cough* plance.
If you have a good plance fanfic please Pm me lol

-----
To-do: Not die
DA - Characters - Art Shop - Art Fite
Viscets - Dork - Amarhi
ImageImageImage
Avatar By- Yugi | Center Sig pixel- me
I do own the character Romero (avatar) and Nora (siggy)

╚════════════════════════════╝
-Shaded-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:15 am

You lied to me..."
Username
Ash Wolf
Partners Forum
Softballpup12
Name
Bates

Personality
Bates is a very passive Viscet.
He doesn't really talk to others,
he's a loner. Because of his past
he's scared of a lot of things.
He has a hard time talking to others.
Though deep deep down he is one
of the sweetest Viscets you'll meet.

He has a little book full
of all the flowers he's seen.
He also enjoys the cello,
he enjoys the beautiful sounds it plays.
He enjoys reading, any kind of book
really it lets him escape from the real world.

Dislikes
Bates hates anything evil.
He hates darkness and tries
to stay far away from it as he can.

Fears
He is deathly afraid of the darkness.
He fears of being lone,
and that no one cares.

Strengths
Bates has a very kind heart.
If anything he got from his past
is that he adaptable.

Relationship with Brother
In all honesty Bates is afraid of his brother.
And he's not to fond of him.
Sometimes he likes to think
they're not related at all.

Song
"The Sound of Silence"

Story
"Hey Alice, I hope everything is going ok. i really miss you... but anyways things are going good for me. I found a owner and she really cares for me. My brother is nowhere to be and honestly I don't care...I'm sorry." I say as tears flow down my face I rest my head on her headstone and recall what lead up to this.
It was a day like any other day me and my brother were just playing around in a near by lake near our home. Me and my bother were close, just like brothers should be. We did everything together. That was until she came into our life. She was beautiful beyond compare. We were just swimming when we came across her. She was picking flowers. She had beautiful black fur, and emerald eyes that could stair into your soul. 'Are you just going to stare at me?' She asked. Such an angelic voice. 'o-oh im sorry....my name is Brenton
this is my younger brother Bates. What your name?' my brother asks her. With a smile she replies 'Alice'. And from that point on me all became best friends. But after a while me and my brother started to grow feelings for her. My brother could hide his feelings pretty well, but as for me not so much. You could tell I was in love with her, it wasn't hard to read me. But the thing is...she was in love with my brother, and once I found that out it broke my heart. 'I'm sorry Bates....' she said to me with a frown. After that I grew into a hole of depression not wanting to be near anyone. And my brother didn't help. When he would come home he would just talk about her. He knew I loved her...he didn't deserve her. My brother always had a dark side and I was always afraid he would do something to her...and I was right. One day they went out together 'See you later Bates.' my brother said with a deadly smirk. I knew something was wrong. I should have told her, that he wasn't all good. I followed them because I knew something wasn't right. They were sitting by the cliff just talking. What I heard next surprised me. ' Brenton I'm sorry, this isn't working, it's tearing your brother apart and I can't stand to see that. I'm leaving ok?...' She whispers and what happens next caught me off guard. He stood up and just smiled and let out a deep chuckle. 'Fine if I can't have you no one will.' He said. I jumped out of the bush sprinting for her. But my brother pushed her. I reached out for her but she was to far. She was falling. And I couldn't do anything.
And now here I am crying and screaming at my brother "SHE LOVED YOU!!! HOW COULD YOU ANSWER ME?!" I yell to him and me just smiles and walks away. Now he's gone. I probably wont see him ever again. He betrayed her, he betrayed me....'but I won't leave you Alice, not like him.'

Last edited by ~Ash Wolf~ on Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:18 am

This will be extended to Monday, April 10th!! This will be the only extension!
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Alex_ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:10 am

xxxxx
        NAME :: abdiel
        NICKNAME :: gramps

PARTNER :: cyberdragon725
        HIDDEN SECRETS :: Abdiel's most hidden secret is the extent to which he cares for his mortal. The viscet named Khandura. The one he's nicknamed kid. He's fully aware that the other knows that he like him. But he is sure the mortal is unaware of the full extent of the measures he would take if need be to protect him. His second secret is one he shares with his mortal. The fact that they steal souls from their music. That with each and every performance, they are drawing the souls of the crowd members out of their bodies and into his pendant.
        xxxxx

-- PROLOGUE --
        He was born centuries ago. Back when the world was ruled by kings and queens and magic was a way of life, and not the stuff of legends. When despite the warnings of the church and their god, the devil was worshipped by witches.

His mother had been one such witch. A small female of black markings and brown coat. One that had been born an heiress of riches and diamonds. One that had been lead astray and tainted. One that had fallen for the smooth gentleman that had appeared one night. A gentleman with a coat as red as blood and horns darker than pitch.

He had been the Devil. As dark and twisted as all stories suggested. And she had fallen for him. Sworn herself to worship him for all of her days. To harness his power and her own to cast the spells and potions that would further her agenda. She could not join his side, she hadn’t the strength for that, but her child would. That she would be sure of.

Her child, her son. An egg that was hatched after she had worshipped him for 66 days and 66 nights and then laid with him on the 68th. He had been hatched with a coat of reds and blacks and creams, and with the tiniest buds of black horns rising out of his skull. He had been a miracle child. But one of darkness rather than light.

She had raised him to be the perfect witch. He knew almost every potion and spell that she did. And even some that she did not. For his magic was strong and powerful, wild and natural in a way that hers could never be. He would serve the Devil well. Of that she was sure.

So it was with that unwavering hesitation that she sacrificed him on the night of the blood moon.

He awoke three years. With wheezing breaths and more power rushing through his veins than he could have ever imagined. Standing before him was a viscet larger than any he had ever seen. With a coat of blood red and black skeletal markings. With horns unlike any he had ever seen. With eyes that were as still as the dead’s.

He learned that day, that he was no longer alive. But rather a demon that had been reanimated by his master: Kieran - the Devil’s Necromancer. He no longer had any good running through his veins. No regret. No sympathy. No, he was a creature of pain and evil. One that existed for one single purpose. To steal souls for his master.

spacer here
        -- INTRO --
        He was falling behind. For the first time in centuries, he was falling behind. He had one job, to acquire at least 100 souls a year. And for the first time, he was so far behind it was ridiculous. For centuries he had been able to collect all his souls in a month or so. It was easy. All he had to do was summon his cello and play, and like magic, souls would flock to him.

But for the first time, it wasn’t working. And he knew exactly why.

For the first time in his existence, there was another musician who had the skills and talent to challenge him. A measly little thief known only as Khandura. A mortal who dared to proclaim that he was a prodigy. A genius. One that was the best to ever walk the earth. And the other mortals were foolish enough to listen. To choose Khandura’s shows and concerts over his own. The demon couldn’t let that stand.

Which is why he was determined to capture the other’s soul. It would be easy. All he would have to do is play against the others pride. Challenge him to a duel. One of music rather than blades of course. And once he had one, Khandura’s soul would be his for all eternity.

It had been easy to locate the cello playing mortal. All it took was a quick visit to a seer to locate his home deep in the heart of Georgia. And it had been even easier to pull on his powers and teleport into the house in a flash of red light. The look of surprise and fear that spread across the mortal’s face brought him a sense of bone deep satisfaction.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” the mortal called out from across the room, a growl beginning to rumble in the back of his throat. His surprise giving way to challenge.

The demon smiled, eyes glinting in the light. “Me? I’m a demon. One whose name would mean nothing to you. And I’m here to steal your soul.” He had learned long ago that names had power. Power that he was unwilling to share with low life mortals.

“And i’m the easter bunny.” Khandura growled out, tail flicking with suppressed energy. “Tell me the truth. Or else.”

“Or else what?” The demon bit back, laughter dancing behind his words. “There exists not a single method of torture that could compare to the hell’s i’ve lived through.” Lies. Not that the other had to know. “I could prove that i’m a demon. But there would be no use. Already you’ve seen my magic. And dismissed it in your mind. I know mortals like you. Silly little things that believe not in demons and witches and magic and more. Nothing I say will be able to sway your mind.”

“You dare to mock me!” Khandura roared, teeth snapping at the end of his words. “I should rip your throat out and see how you fare then you insolent child.”

“Another day perhaps. When i’m in a mood to entertain the petty threats of foolish mortals.” The demon laughed, not at all threatened. All it would take would be a quick spell to slice the other’s throat open where he stood. But that was not his goal. “Today I came to make a deal with you. They say you’re the best cello player on earth. A title that has belonged to myself for centuries. I say we play a piece each. The best musician wins. And if i win, I get your soul.”

Across from him, Khandura hummed. Clearly considering the offer. Just as the demon knew he would. “What would I get from the deal?” the mortal asked, intrest plain in his eyes.

“Anything you wish for.” the demon purred back.

“Your pendant then.” The mortal replied, pointing to the gold and ruby piece hanging from the demon’s throat. “I want that if you lose.”

A brief moment of fear raced through the demon. That pendant was what held his soul. Whoever wore it owned him. “Very well then.” He forced out, words tight in his throat. He was playing with no risk, he reasoned to himself. There was no doubt he would be able to beat the mortal.

With no other confirmation of their deal, he pulled on his magic, summoning his cello to appear before him. It was a delicate looking thing: made of thinly spun gold held together with magic. Raising it up to his shoulder, and holding the bow lightly in the other paw, he began to play. Playing like he had not in centuries. Pulling out every trick and flourish and skill he knew. And somewhere along the way, other instruments began to join in. Their notes born out of the very magic that flowed through his veins. And when he lowered his bow at the end of his piece, he was alight with the thrill of playing.

He watched silently as Khandura moved across the room to where his own instrument sat. His face was void of all emotion. Impossible for the demon to gauge his reaction. And when he began to play after a few short breaths, the demon was stunned.

It was a short piece he played. One that was incomplete. No doubt just one section out of a complete song. And even still, it was played masterfully. So greatly, that the demons heart sunk into his chest. He had been wrong. Oh so wrong. This mortal was better than him. No doubt blessed by a being of high power, whether demonic or angelic. He had been beat. For the first time in his life.

It was this realization that he banished his cello away. He needed it no longer. With no words, he ripped the pendant off over his neck. It didn’t belong to him anymore. A bitter look on his face, he tossed it towards the other, uncaring if it struck the ground. It would not break or damage from a simple throw. With one last look at the other, he pulled on his magic and disappeared. Vanishing into thin air.

He had always known when he’d been beat.

spacer here
        -- CONFLICT --
        He had been moping. That much the demon would admit. But how could he not? Not only had he lost his title as the best musician, he had also lost his soul. Again. No longer was he owned by his master or himself, no, he was owned by a mortal. An arrogant and lowly mortal who happened to play as if he was made of the music himself.

For days, Cain had been prodding him to move. To venture out of his lair. To try and capture souls. To play his music. To do anything but sit and mope. But he could not. No matter how hard he tried. It was just too much. Everytime he looked at his cello, he was reminded of the defeat he was suffered. And without his pendant, he couldn’t take souls. He still had his magic of course. All the spells and hexes and potions and what not he had learned long ago back when he was a witch and not a demon. It felt as if his very purpose in existence had been brutally ripped away from him. And so, he laid curled up in his cave, isolated from all others.

The first pull came out of nowhere. And it was so faint a sensation, a simple tingle in his core, that he only barely noticed it. He knew what it was of course. The mortal calling upon him. He had felt it constantly during the early decades of his demonhood when his master held his soul. But he ignored it. The last thing he wanted was to appear before the mortal that had stolen his life away.

There was a second pull short thereafter. And then a third and a fourth and a fifth. But he ignored them all. Despite it turning into a extremely unpleasant situation. But then the sixth pull came. And with it a wave of pain so intense his vision turned to blackness. Something was wrong. Never were the pulls supposed to feel that strong. That painful. Unless of course, he was in danger of his soul being destroyed. Which was ridiculous. That could only happen if the wearer of his pendant was killed.

Stupid mortal.

Leaping to his feat, he reached out with his magic and locked onto the location of the pendant. And then, he breathed out, letting it’s magic wrap around him and drag him to its location. And it was unpleasant. It always was. The lurching of his stomach upon landing sending him rolling on the ground as soon as he popped into existence.

There was silence for a few seconds as he managed to shake the confusion from his head and stumble to his feet. And then three sets of growls rose up, lifting themselves out of the chests of three viscets that stood directly in his line of sight. They were demon hunters he guessed, going by the Eye of Ugin and other religious symbols sewn into the leather vests they were wearing. And if their blood stained teeth and claws were anything to go by, they weren’t there to simply talk.

“Demon.” One of them sneered out, a tall female with black stripes across her back. “How nice of you to finally join us. I can’t wait to make you watch us rip apart your little friend here.”

“I don’t think so.” he sneered, shifting his body until he was in a decent defensive position. “The only ones who will be getting torn apart here are you three.” His words were daggers laced with venom, dripping from his lips in between bared teeth. He had killed before. And he would kill again. For no one threatened his life and go away with it.

“We’ll see about that little one,” A second voice laughed out, a smaller male with fur as whiter than the brightest snow. “Prepare to face justice before Her like you were meant to.”

The anger that had been building inside his chest rose, the demon’s eye glowing brighter than they had ever done so. And the world slowed around him, the edges of his magic wrapping around them and pulling ever so slightly on the fabric of time. He saw with perfect clarity as the three began to move, the muscles in their legs shifting beneath the fur, their jaws dropping open, their claws spreading wide. And he reacted. In the only way he knew how: with violence.

He moved quick as lightning, magic flowing through his veins like it only ever did in a fight. And the details blurred. Everything blurred. Until all he knew was the give of flesh beneath his claws and the taste of blood on his teeth. Until he smelt only burnt fur and saw only the white of bone. Until the demon hunters were dead at his feet and everything was silent.

And then he turned.

Huddled into a corner, blood dripping from his own wounds and fear in his eyes, was the mortal. The demon couldn’t help but smile, eyes still wild and crazed from the fight. Finally he was getting the reaction he deserved from the mortal.

“P-please don’t k-kill me.” Khandura stuttered, eyeing the demon’s bloody claws with open apprehension.

“That would be counter productive.” The demon snorted, a spark of pride rushing through his veins. He had made the mortal so fearful. It was only right. “If I wanted you dead I would have let those hunters kill you themselves.”

That seemed to unlock a piece inside Khandura. “You killed them.” he stated, scrambling to his feet. “You killed them. You really killed them. Oh god they’re dead.”

“Very very dead.” The demon replied, finally turning to look at the carnage with his own eyes. It was impressive. Some of his better work for sure.

“But how did you even get here? You weren’t and then you were.” the mortal rambled, “And you had fire blazing from your paws. Fire. Black fire. That’s not possible. It’s not. Science doesn’t work that way.” He continued to ramble, volume decreasing until his words were inaudible. “What are you?” he finally asked, turning to the demon. “You said once you’re a demon but that can’t be true. Or is it?”

The demon laughed, it seemed that the little mortal was finally accepting the truth. “I’ve already told you i’m a demon. It’s not your fault if you didn’t take me seriously mortal.” Maybe from now on the mortal would learn to listen. “As for how I got here. It’s simple. You almost died. I let the pendant pull me here. Let’s just say it’s not in my best interests to let the holder of my soul die. It’s never much fun.”

“Holder of your soul?” The mortal repeated, confusion clear in his voice. “What do you mean? That makes no sense. You can’t own someone’s soul. If souls are even a thing that exist. You’re speaking nonsense.”

“I mean you own my soul!” he snarled out, voice ringing loudly in the small alley. “You chose my pendant as your prize to our deal. The pendant that happens to contain my soul Khandura. Are you really that daft?”

“What! No! Why would you even bargain your soul in the first place? You should have said no when I asked for the pendant! Or offered something else.” The words fell quickly from Khandura’s mouth. “Or better yet! Maybe not bargain for souls at all. Why did you even challenge me in the first place. I’m obviously no threat to you.”

“It’s not as simple as you make it out to be.” The demon bit back. “I was making a deal for your soul. A deal such as that is not one to be taken lightly. There are rules one has to follow. And one such rule is you offer them anything in return. Including your own soul.” It was how his master had ended up a demon. Bargaining his soul for unlimited power. “And I wanted your soul because I’m behind! I’m supposed to collect a set amount of souls and I can’t do that when no one listens to my music! All because some mortal hotshot has decided to proclaim himself the best cello player in existence. A fact that is true it seems but nonetheless harmful. So i’m sorry, next time i’ll just rip your throat out and leave you laying in your own blood rather than merely stealing your soul!”

"Look, it's obvious that neither of us want to be in this situation but we are.” Khandura replied, obviously trying to take a step back before the actually attacked him. “All I want to do is play my music and to have people listen. All you want are souls. Isn't there some way we can both get what we want without any... throat ripping involved?”

The demon was silent, staring at the other with bared teeth as he ran through his options. It was possible he supposed. Although it wouldn’t be easy. “I suppose. It won’t be easy but it can be done.”

“Okay good. That’s good. Great even.” the mortal said, clearly relieved. “Now can we get out of here? All this blood is starting to be unsettling.”

The demon snorted. Of course. Leave it to the mortal to be unsettled by bones and blood. “Very well.” Before the other could react, he moved forward until he was pressed against the other. And then, he pulled on his magic, and let them disappear from the alleyway.

spacer here
        -- INTERLUDE --
        “I just realized, I don’t know your name.”
        “Oh really?”
        “Yeah. It’s unsettling. Like I know you know my name. Even if you don’t use it often. But I don’t know yours. And I feel like that’s something I should know? Especially since I’m your master.”
        “You’re not my master kid. You own me. There’s a difference. One you’ll be sure to remember if you like all your limbs attached to your body.”
        “Sorry! I’m sorry! Please don’t cut off any of my limbs. I like them attached to my body.”
        “Good.”
        ….
        “It’s Abdiel.”
        “What’s Abdiel?”
        “My name. My name is Abdiel.”
        x
        x
        x

“Do you think you could stop calling me kid? Last time I checked that roll belonged to you.”
        “What in hell makes you think i'm younger than you?”
        “Because visclings are smaller and walk on all fours?”
        “I'm a demon kid. The only reason i don't grow is because my mortal body was killed when I was still a child.”
        “So you're older than me?”
        “I'm over 750 years old. Think about it.”
        x
        x
        x

“It’s amazing how many more people show up to hear my play now that I can boast that i’m better than the devil.”
        “Shut it will you.”
        “Why? Don’t care for the truth.”
        “Not in this case. And besides, i’m not even the devil.”
        “That’s not what I recall you saying when I first met you.”
        “I said I was a demon kid. I never claimed to be the devil. I don’t have a death sentence.”
        “You mean demons and devils aren’t the same thing.”
        “No. There’s only one devil. Tyramet. Our king. And trust me when I say you’d rather die 60 time over than meet him in the flesh.”
        “You don’t”
        “Not at all.”

“So you’re a demon?”
        “Yes you fool! Pay more attention the first time.”
        x
        x
        x

“Okay that’s it! I’m teaching you how to fight.”
        “What?”
        “I am going to teach you how to fight.”
        “But why? I don’t need to fight. You handle all the fighting just fine.”
        “I’m getting sick and tired of having to kill each and every demon hunter that is after us. And since they’re after both of us, you can do your share of keeping us from getting killed. Unless you’d rather I let them kill you?”
        “No thank you! I like living. I guess I’ll learn to fight.”
        “Good. Now grab that knife and get over here.”
        “Yessir”
        “Other knife.”
        “Sorry.”
        x
        x
        x

“You’re getting better at playing that piece kid.”
        “Really?”
        “You heard me the first time.”
        “I’m actually doubting if what I heard was correct though. You don’t give out compliments. It’s not a part of your dark and brooding personality.”
        “Would you rather I rip out your vocal cords.”
        “Ah there we go. That’s the demon I know.”
        “Can it. Or else I’ll drop you off in hell.”
        “Love you too gramps”
        x
        x
        x

“And with the souls that we collected from today’s show, that puts our total at 66.”
        “Perfect. Master will be pleased when we deliver them.”
        “Who is this master your always referring to? I’ve heard you mention him a ton but I know nothing about him.”
        …..
        “I mean you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to but i’m really getting curious.”
        “His name is Kieran. He’s not technically a demon really. He’s more of a dark mage. A necromancer if we want to be exact. It’s rumored that at one point, he was Tyramet’s left hand. But no one knows for certain. What we do know is he’s mated to Ahriman, the devil’s firstborn. And that he is definitely not one to be trifled with.”
        “He sounds….terrifying.”
        “Oh he is. You’ll see that when we meet up with him tomorrow.”
        “What do you mean ‘when we meet up with him.’ There’s no way I’m meeting a necromancer who is married to a literal devil.”
        “Too bad kid. That’s what you signed up for when you agreed to help me collect souls.”
        “That’s it. Kill me now. Please.”
        “That can be arranged.”

spacer here
        -- CONFLICT --
        It had started as a normal day. Or at least one as normal as the two had ever managed to wake up to. They were in a small city. Just hours ago, they had performed in front of their largest crowd yet. It had been a grand sight to see. The two of them standing atop the stage, cellos glinting in the light, as they played as if their lives depended upon it. And all around them, Abdiel’s magic swirling in the air. A stunning cloud of red and black that would cling onto the silver and gold of souls and drag them out of bodies and into his pendant. It was marvelous really.

In just that one show alone, they had managed to steal nearly seventy souls. A number so high it was nearly incomprehensible that it would come from one singular show. And yet, it had. For the first time in decades, Abdiel was ahead of his quota. So far ahead it was ridiculous. If he was a more naive and innocent thing, he would fear the day that his master forced him to stop collecting souls and take a break. But he was wise enough to know that day would never happen.

For once, they had gone out to explore the city. Most days, they would stay locked in their hotel room between shows. Not daring to venture out in order to avoid any potential demon hunters in the area. It seemed that ever since Her awakening, Ugin’s followers had grown in exponential numbers. And a worryingly high amount of those seemed to be the fanatic kind. The kind that believed it was their duty to the world to dispose of the ‘demonic film’ that walked the earth.

It wasn’t that they feared the demon hunters. Of course not. They had yet to meet a group that they were not able to destroy with ease. No, it was more that they cared not to face them. To waste the effort and energy they could put towards something valuable and rewarding rather than feeble minded delusionists with a tendency towards violence.

It had been a mistake though. They never should have left the room. They never should have wandered over the bridge into the darker side of town. They should have teleported out of there as soon as they noticed the bright blue viscet approaching them, her vest adorned with the Eye of Ugin. Or at least, that is what the demon concluded as he was thrown through the air for the fifth time that night. When he hit the ground, he hit hard, the rough gravel tearing into his side and sending the air rushing out of his lungs. For a few moments, just enough time for his eyes to blink twice, he laid there, struggling to catch his breath.

And then, a cry of pain was pulling him back onto his feet. Forcing his paws into motion. Urging him forward into a run that lead into a leap as he attempted to lodge himself onto the back of his attacker. Their attacker. Khandura’s attacker. For it seemed that she was more interested than killing the mortal than himself.

Every physical attack they launched would be meet with appropriate resistance. But the attacks she wielded out were far different. She had sent the demon flying countless times. Always throwing him off of her back and into the air, slamming him into the ground or the nearest wall. But it was the poor mortal that faced the brunt of her attacks. It was he that she would sink her claws into. That she would tear at with her teeth. That she crush his bones until they were on the verge of breaking.

And it made no sense. None at all. There was no reason to attack the mortal over himself. He was the demon. The filthy parasite that had coerced the mortal into his servitude. He was the evil one, not Khandura. But he was worried. The mortal was just that, mortal. And not even a magical one at that. The only magic that Khandura vaguely possessed was that which came from the pendant. And even then, it belonged to Abdiel.

It wasn't until several minutes later, after he had been sent flying into a wall once again, that the realization hit him. She was trying to kill Khandura in order to gain control over his soul.

Time seemed to slow as Abdiel rushed to his feet. He had to get the kid out of here. Fast. Or else they would both be done for. But he was too slow. A fact he realized as the hunter lunged forward, a growl dripping from her lips as she latched her teeth onto the mortals neck.

The scream of pain that Khandura let out rang through the air, filling every crevice of Abdiel’s mind. And it hurt. It hurt so badly. Not only the physical pain that washed over the demon, a warning that his life was in danger, but the emotional pain. He had failed the mortal. The stupid kid he had somehow grown attached to over the years.

His magic lashed out without a conscious thought. A wave of red and black fire that had no target, just a simple mission: destroy the threat. Abdiel could see his magic latching onto the hunter, setting her alight, but he paid it no mind. The only sight in his mind was Khandura, his body lying motionless on the ground.

He scrambled over, paws pressed to the wound as he assessed the damage. It was a large wound, one that there would be no recovering from. Not without healing magic far stronger and powerful than the depleted powers he possessed. There would be no saving the kid. For the first time in years, Abdiel felt completely and utterly helpless.

Beside him, Khandura tried to speak. His words weak and breathless. “Shut it kid,” He barked out, running his claws through the other’s mane. “I don’t want to hear it.” It. The countless excuses and apologies that would no doubt spew from the others lips. He didn’t want to hear them. Because it was his fault the mortal was dying.

He watched, voice caught in his throat, as Khandura scrambled to reach the pendant around his neck. As he weakly pulled it off and thrust it towards the demon. “Dura,” he stuttered out, carefully taking the pendant, his soul from the other. He had regained his soul. But he couldn’t help but feel numb to the encounter. For before he could even thank him, Khandura’s last words spilled from his lips, sentence unfinished, an attempt to say his name. The mortal coughed harshly, and then, with one final breath, his body grew still. The cold hands of death latching onto him.

For the first time in centuries, Abdiel cried.

spacer here
        -- OUTRO --
        The summoning salts had nearly burnt out when Abdiel finally felt his presence. When the icy cold stillness of a cemetery washed through him. When the shadows darkened and twisted until a shape formed. Until standing there in the shadows was his master: Kieran.

“You know what I want.” Abdiel muttered, raising his eyes from the ground before him to meet the gaze of the other. “Will you help me Master?” His voice was weak, strained. Broken nearly as much as his soul.

There was silence for nearly an hour. An hour wherein the necromancer stared down at his demon even as his demon stared at the corpse of his mortal. Abdiel couldn’t bring himself to speak again. He knew begging would mean nothing to his master. All he could do was hope that he would take pity on him.

Finally, his master spoke, voice smooth as unbroken glass. “Very well.” He stepped out of the shadows and into the faint moonlight, stopping only in front of the corpse lying on the cold ground. “For this though, you shall be mine for a millennia more. And he shall be yours, and thereby mine as well, for twice fold. These are my terms. Do you accept them?”

“I do.” Abdiel agreed without hesitation.

No other words were spoken, but Kieran smiled. And then the shadows condensed and grew until there was not a single speck of light in the vicinity. For nearly an hour they swirled and throbbed, and when they retreated, Kieran was gone. But Khandura’s throat was healed and he was breathing once more.

For the first time in hours, Abdiel moved. Racing forward until he was beside the younger. He got there just as his eyes opened, pupils vertical in a way there had never been before. An obvious sign he was a mortal no longer, but instead a demon. But it mattered not to Abdiel. He had his friend back.

“Khandura.” he sighed, pulling the other into a tight embrace. “I’m sorry. It’s my fault you died. I should have gotten us out when I had the chance.”

Khandura hugged him back, burying his face into the older demon’s neck. “I was dead. Now i’m not. How Abdiel? I know you can’t heal.”

Abdiel drew in a deep breath. “I made a deal with my master. It brought you back to life, but your,” he hesitated, afraid for just a second about how the other would react.

“You’re a demon now kid.”

by cyberdragon275

_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me