Viscet #1331 - Partner Competition - Winners by Hail.

Based on Click to view
Artist Hail. [gallery]
Time spent 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
15 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1331 - Partner Competition - Winners

Postby Hail. » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:52 am

No matter how old, we all have our loud little
truths

Owner - http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=487128
Name - Khandura
Knickname - Dura (Kid)
Gender - male

This will be a partner competition with B#841!!
Because it is a grown adopt it will count against your monthly limit for March!

Rules
1. You must have a partner to enter
2. Do not be passive aggressive or even aggressive. If you are I will revoke the prize you won, or you could even get a warning.
3. This will be an unlimited impress me with a theme! Have fun!
4. Find a partner here!!
5. Nothing off site, but off thread is allowed

Theme!
The theme for this forum is quiet secrets and loud truths!
You must keep the forum centered around these two viscets and the theme - though you can include individual backstories and such if you wish

Code: Select all
Username-
Partners Forum -
Name -
Gender -
IMPRESS ME!

This will end on April 7!!

FAQ

"What do you mean by loud truths? Could you give an example?
Hidden secrets are things that cannot be easily seen or known, they thrive in shadows and watch the world go by in silence
Loud truths are things that cannot be hidden or destroyed. They walk in broad daylight and present themselves to all those around.

So... a modern example of a loud truth would be hair color, if you are alive, The way you are facing. Something that cannot be hidden from anyone

Could the larger viscets story revolve around hidden secrets or must it be the loud truth or possibly both?

That's up to you ^^

Code: Select all
[img]http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/image/image.php?id=2784150&size=large&format=auto&rev=1490312275[/img]
//Mutations//
Slit Eyes - Rare
Last edited by Hail. on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:09 am, edited 7 times in total.
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1241 - Partner Competition

Postby ThatDragonAdara » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:07 pm

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Malum
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Username-
ThatDragonAdara

Partners Forum -
angeldog513

Name -
Malum

Gender -
Male

IMPRESS ME!

OKAY!

Alignment:
Chaotic Neutral

Personality:
• Protective • Loyal • Vicious •

Background:
Lives in the woods, was abandoned as a kit because he was thought to be evil and unlucky

Art:

Music:
X

WIIIIPPPPPP
Story:

Please dont steal my ideas, this is still a huge WIP

legends tell of a beast in the woods so dark that even the night sky is blotted out by it
There is an old well in the forest
____ finds old well, along with hurt creature
____ Helps hurt creature
____ Is attacked by shadow creature and is rescued
Last edited by ThatDragonAdara on Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

♢ She/Her, They/Them ♢
✦ ENTP ✦
My KalonsKithclan
Warren of Place Fell
ThatDragonAdara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Viscet #1241 - Partner Competition

Postby VAALRAVN » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:46 pm

Partnering with Placebo.
    Name : Stolas.

I would say that in my long life, I have regretted nothing, but... that is not the truth in this case. We have come to a bad place, and I am worried for Ronove. He didn’t need this… didn’t deserve it, in fact. Why had this happened to him, and not just me? I was to look after him, that was my task, my purpose. But I had failed, even at that. In the end, we could have blamed it to fate. It always was… a fickle thing, really. But, I have more important things to worry about. What will I tell Ronove? He will notice we are not at home… that we are in… this place. The place of demons and monsters, where people fear going. Hell. We are not yet at the First Gate, we will have to make that Journey ourselves. At this point, I can’t bare to think back to what happened… to what I had to do. My purpose had been tainted, sullied by my wrong doings. I can’t let Ronove know what happened. I mustn’t. He’ll be devastated… Will the Demon of the First Gate help us? Truthfully, I hope it can, though it is unlikely that it will. Demons are known to be horrid to those who enter their realm, friend or foe, it never mattered to them. I could still see Ronove’s chest heave with each breath, so I knew, that he was alive… well, in a way. I shook my head, and looked to the tunnel that we would be following when Ronove awoke. I released a sigh as I looked back to Ronove, and that seemed to be enough to wake him, as his eyes flickered open. He blinked, and looked at me. He seemed to tense less when he saw me, and sat up slowly. I frowned, and he shivered. Was it cold? It didn’t seem to be. Should we even be feeling the cold? I wasn’t sure. I helped him up, mindful of my claws.

He breathed out. “Where… are we?” He asked in a quiet voice, eyes darting around. I shook my head, tail hitting the ground lightly.

“I’m not sure.” I answered, but this answer seemed to make him more anxious. He offered a silent sigh, and sat next to him. "But do not worry. I am here with you, and you are safe." This seemed to give him some relief. He leaned into my side, sniffling softly. My ears twitched. Someone was coming. I stood up, using my tail to hold Ronove behind me. I watched as wind from the tunnel seemed to pick up, brushing my fur and mane back. Ronove shivered, bright eyes as small as pinpricks as he watched the entrance of the cave. I glanced back. There was a large beast sitting there, void like eyes watching us. The dark fur seemed to make this place even darker, and its presence seemed to suck the life out of me. It opened the skull like maw and let out a dark crackling laugh.
          The loud sound of footsteps followed, the the screech of another Viscet sounded through the tunnel. The monster before us stopped, glancing behind and into the tunnel.

A light was coming. "Another time, perhaps." It mumbled darkly, before turning off into another tunnel that we had not seemed to notice.

The light came closer, and I backed up, pushing Ronove into my side. He whimpered, but I paid no mind. My eyes narrowed as the figure came into view. It was a Viscet, but not one that I had seen. The tail seemed... off. It looked at us, moved by itself. It unnerved Ronove, I could tell by his breath picking up.

"Ah, here you are..." The Viscet whispered, walking closer. The tail shifted behind it, and I kept on guard. It seemed to notice. "Do not be afraid. I am Zwei-Ming, the First Guard of the Gates." She was talking more to Ronove than to me, and the tail behind her snickered at my scowl. I pushed Ronove behind me.

"What is it you want, Demon?" I questioned. She scowled, and stepped back. Ronove whimpered at my harsh tone, and I looked down to him, offering my usual face expression, one that was calm, yet attentive. The face he had grown used to me wearing. I looked back to the Demon.

"Sivaas." The tail said. My ears flicked, and it continued. "Sivaas is the Beast the Rules this World. He came to you before. He is dangerous, more so than us." It talked in such a sing song voice that if I hadn't Sivaas for myself, I would not have believed it.
          "I see. Is he the God of Death? The one they tell tales off to make sure young ones do not wander?" Zwei nodded her head, and I sighed, tail thumping the ground. "Then what of Sunvaar?" I asked.

Sunvaar and Sivaas, they had once been known as a single being, they were at the start, the very beginning of everything, but they had bickered, not wanting to follow the same path, and split into two. Sivaas, the God of Death, and Sunvaar, the God of Life. They were so very different, yet so very similar.

"He doesn't show up as much, not down here anyways." Zwei answered, offering a sigh as she glanced over at Ronove who was peeking out at her. I pushed him back. "He is the only one who can breath life back into the Lost Souls that find their way down here, though it is rare that he choses to help."

I narrowed my eyes slightly, and glanced to Ronove. Would he help us? Even if it was just Ronove? I shuddered at the thought of what Sivaas would do to use. He had seemed fixated on us, even if just for a moment. "Would he help us?" I asked, my voice holding a sharp edge.

"I'm afraid that is not how it works." She sighed. "To summon him you would need the blood of Sivaas, or at least one of his Proxies. But I don't know if he has one... and even then, Sunvaar could refuse and take your life as extra payment for summoning him. And if he did chose to help, he would still need payment, be it your life of the little one's." Ronove whimpered, and I growled.
          "I would never let that happen." I hissed at her. She seemed taken back, if only for a moment, but her tail offered a growl. I glared at it, my own tail thumping. Ronove tugged at my fur, and I turned back to him. "Are you okay? Do you need something?" I asked, ears perking forward.

"Why are we here?" He asked. I frowned. So he really didn't remember. It had worked. I shook my head, and looked back at Zwei. She seemed to be waiting for something, but it was hard to tell. I wasn't sure if she wanted to help, or hinder us. Though, I guess if she wanted to stop us she would have done so.

She seemed to have heard Ronove's question, and stepped forward slightly. "You are here, because someone allowed you to Sin." She answered bluntly, offering me a glare. "Those who do bad things are sent here for judgement, but I have seen far too many children pass through these haunted Gates. They do not belong in the land of Demons."

Ronove's eyes shifted when I looked back to him and I frowned, looking back to her. "Will you help us, then?" I questioned.
          "Only for the little one. You, I care little about." The tail seemed to grin. "We will need to get you back to the World. If you spend too much time you will be bound here. I will take you. Since I am a Guard, I can traverse from this place to the other."
          "I am grateful for you help, even if it is only for his sake." I said, offering a slight dip of my head. She clicked her tongue. I pulled my head up. "I am known as Stolas, the Guardian of Ronove." I nudged him from behind me, and he looked at Zwei, almost fearfully. I had to agree, her appearance was unsettling.

She looked at Ronove was a more caring look in her eyes. Ronove seemed to calm, but he seemed to be still uneasy. He looked to me, and I nodded, sighing. He stepped towards her, and I shifted, tail lifting slightly. My eyes watched, tracing her moves. She held out a paw to him, the pads facing upwards. He looked at it, and she moved forward. He slowly placed his paw onto hers and she offered a small smile.

At that moment, I was sure she would help. She seemed much happier when talking to Ronove, and as he asked her hushed questions, it gave me time to think. I needed to have a plan. I knew I couldn't hide everything from him, but I was not sure if we would be able to summon Sunvaar, and even if we could, I would die. If he needed a life for payment, then I would give him mine. I was sure there were others that could take my place when he returned.

Ronove nudging me brought me back and I looked down to him. He pointed to a new tunnel, Zwei walking through it. The tail called for us, and I followed, Ronove holding onto my tail.

He wadded behind me carefully, as we seemed to walk into the darkness after the Demon. All I could see in front of me were the tails taunting eyes, and his wicked grin. I knew he could talk, but I was thankful for his silence, it gave me time to get my bearings. I could feel a pressure, and my breaths became shorter. I could feel the air became thicker, and Ronove's grip tightened slightly.
          The tail cackled at us, and white spots danced in my vision, before everything went dark.

Waking up in the harsh light of the sun was not exspected, but as I opened my eyes, I was fourced to squint, my eyes slowly getting used to the bright light again. Zwei was sitting on a rock, watching me intently. I narrowed my eyes and shifted, looking to Ronove who was curling up against my side. I shifted slightly, and sighed. "I suppose we are back?" I asked.
          She shook her head. "Not quite. You are stuck somewhere inbetween. Most people won't be able to see you. Although there are the rare few. There is one I know of, and I beleive he is nearby." Her tail watched him for a moment, before turning to look into the distance.

"I see." I looked around. most of the area was a luch forest, but, off in the distance, the plants and trees grew fewer and fewer until it was a barren waste seemingly full of burnt ash and scroch marks. His eyes shifted to the tail. It was still looking in that direction.
          I stood, and grabbed Ronove in my arms, carrying him much like a soon to be mother Viscet would carry her egg. He shifted himself, but seemed to make no other movement. Zwei raised and eyebrow, but didn't seem to want to make a comment.
          "Let us head out, then." She said curtly, standing and trotting towards the waste. I followed, my walking slower than hers. I was being careful, taking each step and making sure he didn't jump around too much. She stopped once and a while, waited for me, and continued. Her tail still seemed to keep quiet, watching me with a grin. I ignored it.

We continued, and my breathing picked up at the sight of Viscet. It it hadn’t been for their mane that stood out among all the barren grey wastes, then I wouldn’t have noticed them until we were closer. They hadn’t seemed to notice us, and was fiddling with something. Zwei held out her paw, telling me to stop. I listened, and checked on Ronove. He was still asleep. And nuzzled him softly before his head, then looked back to Zwei. She was walking up to the new Viscet, but as soon as she got closer, their head snapped towards us. Their ears were perked, and a lazy grin was on their face. The bags under their eyes showed they either didn’t sleep much, or hadn’t at all, and the bedridden hair didn’t help.

“Hmm, seems I’m being haunted again…” They mumbled. The voice sounded male, somewhat… “What did I do this time?”
          I raised a brow. “So, you can see us, then?” He didn’t reply. He was looking at Zwei, and I couldn’t tell if he was ignoring us or not. “Hey?!” I barked. Ronove twitched, but I ignored it for now. Zwei ming pointed at us, and he blinked for a moment, before rubbing his eyes.

“Hmm, oh, I didn’t see you before.” The odd Viscet grinned, and snickered, clicking his tongue and breathing a small puff of what looked like green fire.

I stepped back, but Zwei didn’t seem to care. “We are here to find Sivaas, or one of his Porxies. I know you have contact with the Spirits and Demons.” She seemed to be glaring at him, but from this angle it was hard to tell.

“Hmm, well, my name is Strife. I am known as a Demon of sorts, I suppose. And I have seen Sivaas, recently, in fact. Came out of the same gate that you did, and headed to his own.” He glanced towards the middle of the Ash Waste. “In there, where the air becomes thin, and no sunlight escapes. He resides in there.” As Strife stood from his crouching stance, he glanced over Ronove’s sleeping form with interest. At that moment, the younger Viscet shivered, and whimpered. I backed away from Strife, but his grin seemed to fade into something serious. “Hmm, seems he has more interest in you than most. Usually he doesn’t haunt people in their sleep. Not unless they’re hard to catch, so to speak.”

“What do you mean?” I hissed through my teeth, holding Ronove close to me, and rubbing his back softly with my paw.

“What he means is, Sivaas wants your Souls, and once he gets a hold, there is no chance of getting it back.” Zwei seemed to talk sadly, like she had seen it happen. I didn’t press on the matter.

“Then we need to find one of his Proxies. He could be wanting us to go to him.” I said, trying to keep a level head and not rush into danger. I looked back to Strife. “Do you know if he has one?”

“Don’t think he does. I mean, he is always alone, being the God of Death and all.” He sighed. “Though, I can offer my help if you want to summon Sunvaar.” I opened my mouth to question him, but he continued before I got the chance. “Yeah, and I sort of guessed. Not just anyone willing goes looking for Sivaas.”

I sighed. He was right. I would have to be more careful with whom I tell about our cause, what we were looking for. "Yes, well, it would simply be enough for you to show us where he dwells." I said calmly.
          Zwei seemed to be annoyed at this point. "Now I could have told you that," he huffed. "There is just one small issue." She said, almost pointedly at me. "I myself am not strong enough to face Sivaas. And I doubt that even with you and Strife, we would not be anywhere near strong enough."

I growled. "I thought you were going to help us!" I didn't notice Ronove, too angry to. I could feel him shifting, and I knew he was awake, but Zwei spoke up before I had time to calm myself.

"I never said I could beat him. I may be old and powerful, but Sivaas is the oldest living Demon." She spoke in such a sour tone, her tail growling at me. I stepped away and turned, checking on Ronove. He blinked up at me sleepily, and frowned.

"Why are you fighting with Zwei?" He asked quietly. Strife seemed more attentive, tuftless tail shifting behind him. He sent a warning glare his way.

"It is nothing to worry about." I hummed to him quietly. He offered the hint of a smile, and I nuzzled him carefully, placing him on the ground. He wobbled ever so slightly before stretching, a few bones popping quietly. Strife moved closer, brushing his fringe away from his eyes. He offered Ronove a smile.

"Hmm, hey there." He said, keeping down on all fours. "I'm Strife." He seemed happy to talk to Ronove, but it was hard to tell why. Ronove moved back towards me, hiding behind my tail quietly, peering at Stride. Zwei came up beside me, and nudged me with her shoulder as she passed.

"We must keep moving." She said, almost in a hushed tone. I nodded, and looked at Strife. He seemed to get the idea, and stood. He would lead the way, since this seeme to be his home. Even so, he seemed to know where he was going, and I would rather take that over nothing.

So, we continued on, slowly, but surely. Ronove often switched from walking by himself, to sitting on my back, prefered it to being held in my arms. I didn't really mind, though I made sure to steer him away from Zwei, or from heading too close to Strife. I didn't quite trust them. Zwei, she had seemed fine, but the constant look from her tail made me uneasy. But Strife, he was another story altogether. He seemed to always be looking at Ronove. He didn't try to talk to him, but his stare... I felt that Ronove would be better to stay away from him.

Ronove seemed to feel the same, but he was curious. He wanted to ask questions. But, of course, he knew better. He was raised to know better. After all, he was of Nobility. I offered a sigh, and Ronove looked up at me, sneezing.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, stepping closer to me. I paused in my walking, and he climbed onto my back. I made sure he was steady before walking on. "You seem scared... Stolas..." He said into my ear.

"I am." I answered simply, flicking my ears forward. I looked around. The ash had seemed to get more dense, and what little bits of grass that had been growing were now gone. It seemed that nothing could have been able to live her... well, except Strife, but that was still a mystery to everyone. "I am very scared. But don't worry. I will protect you, as I always do."

I could feel his a frown, almost. He clicked his tongue. "Then... how did this happen?" He asked. It was my turn to frown, and I was thankful he couldn't see it. "Why are we dead?" He almost hissed. If I hadn't been so focused on walking, i would have been more surprised with his tone, but in all truth, it was fair that he was angry.

I knew there was no real answer I could give him at this point. "I... I don't remember." I answered after a moment of thought. He didn't seem pleased, but didn't question me further. For the next half hour, I had been thankful of the silence. But, eventually, it had became an uneasy silcne. A thick, dark fog had slowly emerged and I could feel something dark and sinister ebbing into my mind. I knew it was Sivaas. He was trying to get to me. He wanted me to turn on Zwei. As my eyes glanced to her, I could tell she didn't hear him. Strife was a few paces ahead of me, humming as he walked. I glanced to his feet. Small dark scorch marks were left where he walked. I tilted my head, and rubbed my eyes.

"Killing me softly..." Strife hummed softly. "With his words... singing the last of his word..." My ears felt heavy, and I blinked again. Zwei looked to me, and moved closer. She seemed to understand what was happened before I did. "Killing me softly..." Strife looked back to us, eyes lined with red as he grinned was a crazed look. "With his song..." My legs gave out, and Ronove fell to the ashy floor with me.

Strife seemed to chuckle, and Zwei reared back form him, her eyes flashing. "What did you do?" She hissed, her tail offering a growl.

A stone formed in my stomach, like a pit. It kept trying to sink, causing pain. I looked around, there was a large shadow. It seemed to have been following us. A dark sinister chuckle came. "My my, seem you came to me, instead." I knew who it was. My eyes darted to Strife. His eyes had lost their red glow and he had fallen to the ash, green fire dancing along his fur.

"What did you do?!" I roared in anger, trying to push myself back up. Zwei was standing by, watching carefully. Ronove was squirming, and I could only hope it wasn't in pain. I had caused him enough of it.

Sivaas tilted his head almost in a taunting manner. "What? You thought it would be easy? I know what you want." He said. "But, I implore you, please do try." He offered. I grit my teeth and Zwei stepped forward. Sivaas' head turned to her. "Ah, and you. Little Zwei..." He purred darkly. "Do not think that you can take me." She seemed to step back, lips twitching in a growl.

My eyes watered at the pit in my stomach grew. I clawed at the ground as Sivaas walked up to Ronove. Sivaas' long fingers curled around him, and picked him up as if he were nothing. "Now you... you are interesting..." He hummed. My tail thumped the ground as Sivaas opened his mouth. A dark aura started to pour out and everything started to blur.

"Stolas! H-Help me!" Ronove screeched, clawing at Sivaas' hand helplessly. I growled, and pushed myself up, but as a flash seemed to appear out of nowhere, it shielded myself. Fire burst from Strife, crawling along the ground swiftly like a snake chasing its prey. It weaved around rocks, and got to Sivaas, snaking up the arm he was using to support himself. His maw closed and he dropped Ronove to the ground. The small Viscets body hit the ground harshly, and I managed to get ot my feet, launching at the God. He moved easily, but not quick enough. My claw scraped his hind leg.

He turned back to us, dark lifeless eyes staring at me. "I will be back. You can't stop a God, mortal." He purred, body disappearing into the smokey ash. I turned back to Ronove. Zwei was already tending to him thankfully. I glanced to Strife, he was sitting up, rubbing the back of his head.

"What was that?!" I asked, moving towards him. He looked to me and blinked.

"Oh... well, I guess I should actually tell the truth." He chuckled nervously. My tail thumped the ground and I grabbed his ear, dragging him away from Ronove and closer to the side Zwei was on.

"Talk." I hissed, teeth clenched together. He seemed at loss for a moment, opening his mouth for a moment. I raised a brow, my eyes narrowing.

He cleared his throat. "Well, for starters... I can create fire. Although, mine is green. It's sort of a defect, I believe. Had it since I was born. I can make it when my fur rubs against something, or if I click my teeth." I sighed and looked over his fur. It was shorter than normal, not by much, but it was noticeable. "It can also act up when danger is around, but it'll only burn what I want it to."

"That is a rare trait from one of the far Lands." I said harshly. "Are you from Altair?" I questioned. He nodded and I sighed. "I am also from Altair, as is Ronove." He seemed surprised, if only for a moment. He rubbed his left eye, and stood up properly, stretching.

"Hold out your paw." He drawled. I looked at it. My claws. There were small flecks of black. I grimaced for a moment before realizing what it was. Blood. Sivaas' blood. I looked up to him. "Yeah, you got him. But I'm sure he meant it to happen."

[ Word Count : 4,138 ]
Last edited by VAALRAVN on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 12 times in total.
    xxxx( // for it is when we fall we learn whether we can fly ) ( not here much )
VAALRAVN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1341 - Partner Competition

Postby Lioashu » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 am

mark
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1331 - Partner Competition

Postby Dream_Land » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:43 am

-
Last edited by Dream_Land on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dream_Land

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pterolykus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:26 pm

mark
Last edited by Pterolykus on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it. *-Rafiki*
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. *-Les Brown*
Every adventure requires a first step. *-Cheshire Cat*

Please say that I referred you ^^ TY

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Pterolykus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mango marmalade,, » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:02 pm

Partnering with •Ash Wolf•.
Username- Zumizoom
Partners Forum - boop boop
Name - :3
Gender - Male
IMPRESS ME!
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hail. » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:18 am

This will be extended to Monday, April 10th!! This will be the only extension!
(formerly howlingtothestars)

ImagexImagexImage

┌─────────────┐
coding My Characters
DA Art Sales Amarogs
Cinderclan Avatar

└─────────────┘
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
┌─────────────┐
Back to college!
Heya! You can call me Howl, I'll
respond to both c:

└─────────────┘
Hail.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:25 am

xxxxx
        NAME :: Khandura
        NICKNAME :: Dura, kid

PARTNER :: _Alex_
        LOUD TRUTH :: Khandura has always hated the silence. Even as a child, he longed to make noise but he was never able to. He was forced to be as the world wanted him to be. As he grew older, Khandura began to listen and it is through this that he found his loud truth. Khandura's loud truth is that he doesn't always have to be a solo act. Though he enjoys the spotlite, he finds that with a friend by his side, he can finally enjoy being lost in his music. This has a major impact in the way Dura acts as his entire belief of what the truth should be crashed down on him. And all it took was meeting Abdeil.
        xxxxx

-- PROLOGUE --
        For a long time, he was silent. Khandura never really had a voice to speak with. Growing up, his parents rarely brought attention to him, often leaving him to do his own thing. Although, he had many restrictions. He could not leave, could not speak, and, most importantly, he could not express himself. He was a pawn to their game, a political piece meant only to boost their family status. He was silent. Until one day, as a young viscling, he heard it. A melody carried by the winds that seemed to resonate with his very being. A song meant just for him that echoed straight into his soul. Dura had no clue where it came from but he followed it. Venturing away from the order and silence of his home, Dura wandered through the garden and stopped before an old storage shed, hidden by hedges and overgrowth. There he could feel it best. Pushing his way into the dusty old room, Dura glanced around before his gaze fell upon something he could have never imagined to be in a place such as this. Resting against the farthest wall, a cello case sat waiting in anticipation for him to step forward… and he did just that. He gingerly lifted the lid and opened up to see the simple wooden instrument, seemingly unchanged by the ways of time. It still showed every small scratch and dent in its surface, showing the wear given by it’s previous owner. Yet, the black stained wood it was formed from gave such a unique elegance that Dura found he could not lift his gaze. Lifting a single hand to it, he hovered above the strings for a moment before, with nothing more than a simple movement, he played his first note.

Ever since that day, Dura has found his individuality. With the negative reaction he received when he brought the instrument to his home, he made a decision. Packing his only suitcase with the bare minimum required for survival, Khandura left his home, seeking someplace where he was free to do as he please. Hoping to find someplace to play to his heart's content. Longing for someone to understand the escape that was music.
        spacer here
        -- INTRO --
        An ordinary tune. That’s what they called it. Breathing deeply with frustration, Khandura gently placed his cello into its resting place, ignoring the taunting laughter from those behind him. Huffing with anger, he turned from what he decided was, ‘the most idiotic lot of fools who wouldn’t even know true music if Bach were to be standing before them.’ Storming from the stage, he ignored the crew trying to stop his march. “Oh dear, Mr. Khandura, please! That was a lovely performance! Please do not let those fools dissuade you!” He heard his boss cry. Pivoting on his hind foot, he met those desperate eyes with his own rage filled orbs. “You speak of them as if they are fools, but the only thing foolish is this rubbish you have me play! Nothing your writers create will ever meet up to my skill! I’m finished! Find some other gullible young idiot to mold to your will.” Throwing open the stage door, he stepped out into the alley, reveling in the sunlight and slamming the door on those who tried to follow him.

“What a lovely performance, he says.” Khandura echoed mockingly as he pushed open the door to his apartment. “That foolish old bag of bones. Those people knew nothing of music. The only thing they came seeking was a good chuckle and a laugh, easily provided by the crew.” Snorting he entered the main room and flicked the lights on. “Those backwater idiots.” He mumbled, letting out a breath as he took in his home. It wasn’t anything too fancy, that was for sure. It was simply the necessities, a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living area all filled with only the bare minimum of furnishings and decor. He didn’t plan to stay for long after all. As soon as he gathered enough money, Dura was heading for the spotlight. Setting his case beside the door, he meandered into his kitchen, reaching for the cup of coffee he left this morning. Lifting the mug to his lips, he took a sip of the bitter drink. “A bit cold but still good.” He spoke breathily, sighing with content as he took a moment to refresh. A sound from his living room caused his hair to rise with surprise and the peaceful aura to flee. Whirling to face the intruder, he winced at the harsh red light. Blinking several times to focus his vision, he growled at the figure he saw. Standing nonchalantly in the middle of his living area was a child, one who held an air of superiority. Feeling his surprise fade away, he quickly replaced it with a threat, feeling his chest rumble with a deep growl.

“Who are you? What are you doing here?” Khandura snarled at the child, ignoring the prickling of unease that caused his stance to shift nervously. His anger grew at the amusement the other seemed to show. It was if this were all some simple game to the other. But no, for Dura what this child had done was unforgivable. This was his sanctuary and he would not allow this child to toy with him in his house. “Me? I’m a demon. One whose name would mean nothing to you. And I’m here to steal your soul.” Steal his soul? What hogwash! This… this insolent child had the audacity to call himself a demon, a creature only spoken of in myth and is obviously not in existence, and to threaten his soul?! Just who did this brat think he is?! As if he could believe such rubbish! Rolling his eyes with disbelief at the child's words, he felt his body quiver with suppressed rage. “And I’m the easter bunny.” though the line was meant to be humorous, no laughs following his remark. Instead, the tension remained. “Tell me the truth, or else.” If the child knew what was best for him, then he would speak now. If not… Dura was only a step from his landline and he could easily call upon the law to lock up this misguided child.

“Or else what?” The ‘demon’ responded, “There exists not a single method of torture that could compare to the hell’s i’ve lived through.” Oh he wants to talk about that?! Try working with a director such as his previous one! Then you can speak of the hells you’ve seen! He allowed the child to continue his monologue for just a bit longer but quickly felt his anger rise again. “...I know mortals like you. Silly little things that believe not in demons and witches and magic and more. Nothing I say will be able to sway your mind.” Was this child calling him stupid?! Only the foolish believe in such outlandish tales such as witches and wizards! Magic has no evidence! No solid proof of it’s existence! And until someone brings proof of such a thing, He will continue to follow the only thing that does have proof. Unlike this magic that the child believes in, Dura knows that science holds more fact to it than demons ever will. “You dare to mock me!” Khandura roared, teeth snapping at the end of his words. This child, it was as if he was capable of driving Khandura to the very ends of his ropes. Infuriating him so, just by his superiority and smirk. “I should rip your throat out and see how you fare then you insolent child.” Yes, that would do. No more fun and games, or so he thought. “Another day perhaps. When i’m in a mood to entertain the petty threats of foolish mortals.” Dura has had enough. He hated this… this humiliation! In his own home much less! No more idle threats and banter! He wanted this child out and he wanted it now. And that stupid smirk… he wanted to rip it from the smaller one. He roared with fury and took a threatening step forward only to stop at the child's next words.

“Today I came to make a deal with you. They say your the best cello player on earth. A title that has belonged to myself for centuries. I say we play a piece each. The best musician wins. And if i win, I get your soul.” He froze at this. Feeling his rage give way to curiosity, Dura hummed with consideration. Though this child has invaded his home, he couldn’t deny that he was pondering the challenge. After all, he loves a good competition and it shouldn’t be all that difficult to put the insolent brat back in his place. Although, if he were to be offering his ‘soul’ to the child, shouldn’t he be getting something in return? He snorted at the thought and decided to express his concern to the other. Maybe he could use this to his advantage. “What would I get from the deal?” he asked. As if expecting his question, the child responded swiftly. “Anything you wish for.” Raising an eyebrow, he smirked at the idea. Anything, huh? This kid certainly drove a hard bargain. Perhaps, he could request something of the boys. Something he wouldn’t want to give up. Then perhaps the child would back out before he had to suffer the humiliation that was sure to come. Focusing, Dura searched for something that the other seemed to hold dear and his grin widened when he spotted just the thing. “Your pendant then.” The mortal replied, pointing to the gold and ruby piece hanging from the demon’s throat. “I want that if you lose.” Surely he wouldn’t want to part with such a valuable piece. And if he chose to continue, well let’s just say Dura found the piece to be quite fashionable and fitting to his tastes. He observed with no small amount of pride the hesitance shown by the other. “Very well then.” The words seemed forced, but his face remained confident.

Khandura did not know what must have been in that coffee but what he did know was that this child has somehow found a way to summon a cello from random plates of gold and some plasma force of particles. He found his brain to be almost stuttering at the sight yet refused to show his astonishment to the stranger. Instead, he closed his eyes and awaited the music his opponent was to play. It was a dark piece. Solomn and empty. He quickly became absorbed into the melody, barely recognising and yet focusing completely as the other parts began to play. He could decipher it all, the piano, the vocals, he absorbed it and picked apart each piece. As the final note echoed, he steeled his face. He would not give his opponent the satisfaction of seeing how deeply involved he had become. His opponent was good, that much he could admit. Yet, Khandura knew he was better. Emotionless, he stepped towards his case and quickly lifted it from it’s bed. Still tuned perfectly from his previous performance that day, he situated it into a familiar stance. It was as if he were welcoming an old friend. Just as every time he plays, he could feel the resonance of the strings beneath his fingertips. He could hear the music before it played. He knew what he had to play and he could feel his soul seemed to tremble in time as he played the first note. He swayed slightly to the piece, his hands moving as if they weren't his own. He followed the music within his heart, the unfinished song echoing the hardships he’s faced within his own life. And just like that, it was finished. The finale came like a final breath and lingered in the air like the first winter chill.

He lifted his head, a smug look etching into his features as he took in the bitterness of the other. He gracefully caught the pendant that was thrown his way, feeling a hum from within himself as he held it in his grasp. The child had accepted defeat and had done so in a more mature manner than the musician had expected. Admiring his new piece of jewelry, Dura grinned as he laced it around his neck. “So much for an all powerful demon.” He said with a smirk.

spacer here
        -- CONFLICT --
        The days continued on after Khandura’s victory. He continued his performances, traveling and living the life he had always dreamed of as a child. He was free to do as he pleased when it pleased him and that made him quite content in the following days. Still, the appearance of that stranger never seemed to leave him. At first, he had thought it to be merely a dream. Only the pendant around his neck proved to him that it was not. After pondering nonstop for many days and many headaches, the musician decided to ponder no more and simply allowed the occurrence to roll off his back. Instead, he focused on what he did best, his music. That is, until he noticed them. He had performed late one night, signing autographs for his fans afterwards, leaving the streets empty and leaving him to his thoughts. He didn’t hear it at first but once he did, the sound of another's footsteps allowed the beginnings of paranoia to seep into his own daily routine. He began to be more observant, always watching. He began to notice that he was always being followed, and one day he made the mistake of acknowledging his stalkers.

His breath was heavy in his chest as he fled from his pursuers. The footsteps of the trio behind him echoed even louder, barely heard over his heartbeat in his own ears. He needed to escape and he needed to do it quickly. Adrenaline raced through his veins as he begged whatever deity there may be to come to his aid. “Please…” he panted as he turned down another alley only to come face to face with a brick wall. “Oh no. Please. Nonononono…” he chanted desperately as he looked for any escape. His breath came in short gasps by this point and he was trembling with fear. His pulse seemed to quicken as the steps drew nearer. “Who are you?! What do you want with me?!” He had a moment of slight desavous as the trio continued to advance. This time however, he was rather certain he couldn’t escape by playing his cello. “We having been watching you, and now we know.” One female stood ahead of all the others. “You have fallen from your holy path and made ties with a demon. We can not allow you to continue down this path of impurity any longer.” At these words, they slowly began forward and Dura continued until his back was against the wall. “A-A demon?! I-But demons d-don’t exist!” They ignored his words and, before he could release another syllable, he was under attack. He was never trained to fight. Through his childhood, the only thing he was taught was what fork to eat dinner with and through his travels he had never needed such a skill. Now he found himself greatly regretting the fact that he never entered a gym. His opponents were merciless, moving swiftly and without hesitance. They beat him and bruised him until he was nothing more than a whimpering mess, huddling against the wall in an effort to find some sort of stability. That was when the leader stepped forward, grabbing him around the neck, she flew him against the wall causing his world to go black.

When he returned to consciousness, the stranger was there. He struggled to focus but once he did, he jerked his head up and quickly regretted it. His mind was a jumbled mess and it seemed that every muscle was sore. Suddenly he had to shut his eyes as everything became a bright blur before him. When he found he could focus again, he gasped in horror at the destruction before him. His eyes wide and horrified, he felt fear grip his very being as the child, no… demon turned to face him, eyes still crazed with battle.

“P-please don’t k-kill me.” Khandura stuttered, eyeing the demon’s bloody claws with open apprehension. How easily they could tear through him, leaving him nothing more than chopped sushi before the beast. “That would be counter productive.” The demon snorted, a spark of pride rushing through his veins. He had made the mortal so fearful. It was only right. “If I wanted you dead I would have let those hunters kill you themselves.” The hunters… the hunters that were now nothing but a mass of bones and blood at his feet. Oh god. He felt like he was going to be sick. “You killed them.” he stated, scrambling to his feet, trembling at the realization. “You killed them. You really killed them. Oh god they’re dead.” “Very very dead.” Oh god. He just helped murder three people. He could be arrested. Or put to death. He didn’t even try to stop. He just witnessed the murder of three people. He practically murdered them himself. But they were going to murder him. They almost did murder him. Until… wait a second. “But how did you even get here? You weren’t and then you were.” he knew he was rambling but at this point he was just so sick and so scared that he didn’t even care. “And you had fire blazing from your paws. Fire. Black fire. That’s not possible. It’s not. Science doesn’t work that way.” He continued to ramble, volume decreasing until his words were inaudible. “What are you?” he finally asked, turning to the demon. “You said once you’re a demon but that can’t be true. Or is it?”

The demon laughed, sending chills down Dura’s spine as he hunkered down into an even more submissive position than he was in before. “I’ve already told you i’m a demon. It’s not your fault if you didn’t take me seriously mortal.” He felt like being sick. He made a deal with a demon. Good thing he didn’t believe in the afterlife… or maybe he should start believing in that too. Khandura had no clue what to believe in anymore. “As for how I got here. It’s simple. You almost died. I let the pendant pull me here. Let’s just say it’s not in my best interests to let the holder of my soul die. It’s never much fun.”

“Holder of your soul?” Not the soul talk again, but how could he be the holder of the demons soul? The only one whose soul was on the line was me. Oh god. I bet my soul with a demon. Please tell me this is all a dream. “What do you mean? That makes no sense. You can’t own someone’s soul. If souls are even a thing that exist. You’re speaking nonsense.” “I mean you own my soul!” he snarled out, voice ringing loudly in the small alley. Dura flinched away but his curiosity kept him grounded to his position. “You chose my pendant as your prize to our deal. The pendant that happens to contain my soul Khandura. Are you really that daft?” “What! No! Why would you even bargain your soul in the first place? You should have said no when I asked for the pendant! Or offered something else.” The words fell quickly from Khandura’s mouth. He certainly was quite the hypocrite though. After all, he had no trouble betting his soul away.“Or better yet! Maybe not bargain for souls at all. Why did you even challenge me in the first place. I’m obviously no threat to you.”

“It’s not as simple as you make it out to be.” The demon bit back. Khandura growled to himself. His fear did not ease but he could feel the complications of this all overloading his mind and foretelling a massive headache in the future. “I was making a deal for your soul. A deal such as that is not one to be taken lightly. There are rules one has to follow. And one such rule is you offer them anything in return. Including your own soul.” Well there are rules for a lot of things but heck, Dura decided that one just wasn’t worth the risk. “And I wanted your soul because I’m behind! I’m supposed to collect a set amount of souls and I can’t do that when no one listens to my music! All because some mortal hotshot has decided to proclaim himself the best cello player in existence. A fact that is true it seems but nonetheless harmful. So i’m sorry, next time i’ll just rip your throat out and leave you laying in your own blood rather than merely stealing your soul!” Oh god. He made him angry. Desperately grasping for a peaceful escape from this situation, Khandura tried to reason with the other.

"Look, it's obvious that neither of us want to be in this situation but we are.” Khandura replied, obviously trying to take a step back before the actually attacked him. “All I want to do is play my music and to have people listen. All you want are souls. Isn't there some way we can both get what we want without any... throat ripping involved?” The demon was silent, staring at the other with bared teeth as he ran through his options. Khandura stayed silent, hoping that a compromise could be found. “I suppose. It won’t be easy but it can be done.”

A deep breath of relief excited him, causing his legs to give out beneath him and gravity to pull him onto his rump. Still, he shook as the tension eased slightly. “Okay good. That’s good. Great even.” the mortal said, clearly relieved. “Now can we get out of here? All this blood is starting to be unsettling.” He had tried his best to ignore the sight, but with so much of it surrounding him it seemed his evasion wasn’t very effective. He glared at the demons amusement to his discomfort. “Very well.” With that, he jumped with surprise as the demon came nearer, grasping onto him. It was at that moment that Khandura realized he was about to become more familiar with this… magic… His stomach gave a sudden lurch at the thought and his pupils shrunk as he felt the magic pull at him. Oh dear. Just what has he gotten himself into this time.

spacer here
        -- INTERLUDE --
        “I just realized, I don’t know your name.”
        “Oh really?”
        “Yeah. It’s unsettling. Like I know you know my name. Even if you don’t use it often. But I don’t know yours. And I feel like that’s something I should know? Especially since I’m your master.”
        “You’re not my master kid. You own me. There’s a difference. One you’ll be sure to remember if you like all your limbs attached to your body.”
        “Sorry! I’m sorry! Please don’t cut off any of my limbs. I like them attached to my body.”
        “Good.”
        ….
        “It’s Abdiel.”
        “What’s Abdiel?”
        “My name. My name is Abdiel.”

“Do you think you could stop calling me kid? Last time I checked that roll belonged to you.”
        “What in hell makes you think i'm younger than you?”
        “Because visclings are smaller and walk on all fours?”
        “I'm a demon kid. The only reason i don't grow is because my mortal body was killed when I was still a child.”
        “So you're older than me?”
        “I'm over 750 years old. Think about it.”

“It’s amazing how many more people show up to hear my play now that I can boast that i’m better than the devil.”
        “Shut it will you.”
        “Why? Don’t care for the truth.”
        “Not in this case. And besides, i’m not even the devil.”
        “That’s not what I recall you saying when I first met you.”
        “I said I was a demon kid. I never claimed to be the devil. I don’t have a death sentence.”
        “You mean demons and devils aren’t the same thing.”
        “No. There’s only one devil. Tyramet. Our king. And trust me when I say you’d rather die 60 time over than meet him in the flesh.”
        “You don’t”
        “Not at all.”

“So you’re a demon?”
        “Yes you fool! Pay more attention the first time.”

“Okay that’s it! I’m teaching you how to fight.”
        “What?”
        “I am going to teach you how to fight.”
        “But why? I don’t need to fight. You handle all the fighting just fine.”
        “I’m getting sick and tired of having to kill each and every demon hunter that is after us. And since they’re after both of us, you can do your share of keeping us from getting killed. Unless you’d rather I let them kill you?”
        “No thank you! I like living. I guess I’ll learn to fight.”
        “Good. Now grab that knife and get over here.”
        “Yessir”
        “Other knife.”
        “Sorry.”

“You’re getting better at playing that piece kid.”
        “Really?”
        “You heard me the first time.”
        “I’m actually doubting if what I heard was correct though. You don’t give out compliments. It’s not a part of your dark and brooding personality.”
        “Would you rather I rip out your vocal cords.”
        “Ah there we go. That’s the demon I know.”
        “Can it. Or else I’ll drop you off in hell.”
        “Love you too gramps”

“And with the souls that we collected from today’s show, that puts our total at 66.”
        “Perfect. Master will be pleased when we deliver them.”
        “Who is this master your always referring to? I’ve heard you mention him a ton but I know nothing about him.”
        …..
        “I mean you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to but i’m really getting curious.”
        “His name is Kieran. He’s not technically a demon really. He’s more of a dark mage. A necromancer if we want to be exact. It’s rumored that at one point, he was Tyramet’s left hand. But no one knows for certain. What we do know is he’s mated to Ahriman, the devil’s firstborn. And that he is definitely not one to be trifled with.”
        “He sounds….terrifying.”
        “Oh he is. You’ll see that when we meet up with him tomorrow.”
        “What do you mean ‘when we meet up with him.’ There’s no way I’m meeting a necromancer who is married to a literal devil.”
        “Too bad kid. That’s what you signed up for when you agreed to help me collect souls.”
        “That’s it. Kill me now. Please.”
        “That can be arranged.”

spacer here
        -- CONFLICT --
        It wasn’t just any ordinary day, no. Khandura was ecstatic. On this day, he had just performed before his largest audience ever, his demonic companion with him by his side. He walked with more confidence and satisfaction in himself than he had ever imagined he could have. He had finally achieved it all. Or at least, that’s what it felt like. He was stronger, smarter, and, most importantly, he was never going to be alone ever again. He had abdiel by his side, a demon who over time has become even closer a friend than his lonely old cello. On this day, after such a wonderful performance and the feeling of Abdeil’s magic still lingering in his memory, he felt his body tingling with energy. Turning to his companion, Dura bounced as he walked, feeling as giddy as a child in a candy store. “Abdiel, do we really need to return straight home? Couldn’t we do some exploring?” He asked the other, swishing his tail playfully behind him. The demon seemed hesitant, causing a frown to fall on the others face. “Oh come on, Abdiel, just a short walk. If not then you’ll be stuck with me and all this energy until the next performance.” Urging the other to give in, Dura cheered internally when the other gained a resigned look. “Fine,” Abdiel growled, scowling deeply as he spoke. “But we can’t be long.” Khandura’s face broke out into a bright grin and he cheered as he dumped his cello in the door of their apartment and raced to the street. In his hurry, he missed the small fond smile on the demon's face as he watched the other go.

Khandura slowed as he stepped in the street, allowing the demon to catch up. He observed how his friend kept a close eye on their surroundings, awaiting the inevitable attack that was soon to come. Feeling rather optimistic, Khandura shrugged to himself and spoke, hoping to allow Abdiel to relax. “Perhaps we won’t come across any hunters today. Wouldn’t that be nice.” Closing his eyes, he smiled at the soft breeze against his face. He froze when he felt Abdiel stop beside him. Feeling tension rise in the air, Dura opened his eyes and quickly fell into the battle stance that Abdiel had taught him. He quickly saw why the demon had gone on the defensive. Sighing at his ability to attract trouble, he fell into step beside his friend. “Just one day,” he muttered to himself. “That’s all I ask for. One day where none of these ‘ followers of Ugin’ try to kill us.” He was long past his days of feeling shaken by such battles. They had become merely a routine, normally as a sign of when the pair needed to travel to the next town. Quite frankly, Khandura was sick of it. Yet, if this was the price for a friend such as Abdiel, then so be it. Letting loose a snarl, he charged towards the hunter, feeling as strong as the magic Abdiel was building beside him. He never expected to come face to face with a real challenge. When he realized his mistake, it was far too late.

This hunter was different for the rest. Panting heavily, Khandura decided this quickly. He watched in astonishment as Abdiel was simply pushed to the side once more, thrown into the rubble, and braced himself for the attack which was soon to come. Come it did. He cried out as teeth latched into his skin, kicking and struggling to escape his captor. A familiar form leapt through his vision, latching onto the hunter in hopes to free him. That’s when reality seemed to crash into the young viscets mind. This was it. They had finally met their match. Never had the pair imagined that their deaths would come from the swift claws of one of Ugin’s followers. “Abdiel!” He cried out, seeing the demon thrown into a wall before he faced their attacker with a snarl. Her eyes simply narrowed as she attacked again. That was when he felt it. That familiar echo from within himself, one which in the past led him to his cello. A feeling that came over him each time he stepped on stage and one he hadn’t needed to feel since he came across his friend. It was a sense of certainty and as he looked into Abdeil’s desperate eyes as the other raced towards him. Khandura knew this was the end. In this realization, a tired smile found it’s place on his face as the hunter began her final attack. Suddenly, his whole world was left in pain, causing a broken scream to escape him. Choking on his agony, Dura fell to the stone ground, gasping as he struggled to hang on to what little consciousness he had. His vision narrowed and black spots began invading his sight. Unknowing of his surroundings, the viscet focused on the only thing he could. The struggle to pull air into his lungs and the pain he felt as his life force left him.
        It seemed like years before he felt a familiar presence beside him. Forcing his eyes open with what little energy he had left, Khandura smiled at his friend, trying and failing to lift his head off the cold ground in an effort to comfort his partner. “A-ab-d…” he choked, his voice harsh and broken. “Shut it kid. I don’t want to hear it.” The demon snarled, obvious frustration and grief showing on his features. “S-so -rry, g-rr a-m-pss…” He knew he was fading fast but he had to reassure the other. He simply couldn’t leave it like this, there was still something he had to do. Gathering the last of his courage and determination, Dura weakly latched onto the pendant that sat before him and pushed it before the speechless demon before him. “D-Dura…” Abdiel spoke, shock ceasing any movements. “M-fr-a-ai-d yo-ll a-ave t-to go s-solo A-ab…” A harsh cough interrupted him and he found his strength had finally left him. His hand dropped before him as his breath began to slow. With a final heave, he felt emptiness.

spacer here
        -- OUTRO --
        Khandura had never believed in such things as the afterlife. Even after his time spent with demons he couldn’t find himself expecting something after death. That’s why it was quite a surprise to feel numbness. Nothing but silence and blackness surrounded him, and it was in these moment of confusion that Dura watched his life flash before him. He could see it then, his parents and him at the dinner table. One on each end of the room and him in the middle, all eating in silence. He remembers the day he finally broke the pattern, the day he began to write his own song. That day in which he wandered from his sanctuary to find his future, resting in the case of a cello. He sees the day he ran away, packing all his belongings into a single leather case and never looking back again. He follows the steps he made of his life, growing up on the streets, stealing to survive, playing music with his case opened before him, learning and growing until it felt as if he couldn’t learn any more. It was in those days, he recalled, that he finally managed to make a name for himself. A name which brought before him the greatest change of all. How ignorant he know seems when he looks back on his doubt. Abdeil could have killed him then. Stolen his life at the first semblance of doubt and was Dura ever thankful he didn’t. Smiling he welcomed these memories with open arms. Abdeil showing up in his apartment, scaring the daylights out of him. Him mocking the other and the day he first witnessed Abdeil’s strength. The training, the battles, the music… He was happier in those days than he had ever been in his life. And suddenly, all the darkness that surrounded him seemed a lot less darker. Wait, it was getting lighter. Feeling a pulling sensation within himself, Dura allowed himself to fall into unconsciousness once more.

As he awoke, the first thing Khandura noticed was his heartbeat. He could hear it. Quickly gasping, he strove for oxygen that moments ago it felt like he had been denied. Trembling, he looked to his hands, finding them covered in blood. His blood might he add. Shaking his head in disbelief he gasped when he saw Abdeil’s face. “Khandura.” The other spoke before pulling him him into a tight embrace that Dura greedily accepted, burying his head into the others hold. Grasping tightly to the smaller, confusion clouded his thoughts as he listened to the other. “I’m sorry. It’s my fault you died. I should have gotten us out when I had the chance.” That idiot. Of course he’d blame himself for something like this. Decided to save that conversation for later, Khandura quickly questioned him. “I was dead. Now i’m not. How Abdiel? I know you can’t heal.” He spoke with curiosity and concern, fearing that his companion had sacrificed something dear. “I made a deal with my master. It brought you back to life, but your,” Freezing, Khandura gasped. He knew those deals and they always had a cost. He waited to hear his with bated breath. “You’re a demon now kid. You’re one of us.”

Last edited by cyberdragon725 on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up
✃ plz send help
✁ Make adopts
✃ Update that toyhouse
✃ Do your gosh darn homework
✃ Stop failing college
✃ HMU if you need a toyhouse code
✃ Anxious as heck, but I'm still here so there's that
✃ Comissions are open, feel free to pm me

━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━x
My Website - TH - DA - The Tribe
cyberdragon725

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bettalong » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:33 pm

Username- Bettalong
Partners Forum - grifforik
Name - Zarathax
Gender - Male
Zarathax, is to say the least, a viscet that
very few would ever wish to encounter.. Or at least,
was. Once a violent, cruel-hearted bully who would listen
to no reason, the once terrible viscet had come to the realization
that he needed to change after a life time of furiously fighting and
shooing others away. It was when he met Sassi that he learned to set
aside his violent nature in order to take up responsibility.
In this way, he quickly learned that life was not all about
"GET OFF  MY TERRITORY OR I'LL BITE YER FACE OFF!!!" Though he
cannot shake his incredibly gruff, intimidating voice or his headstrong,
hotheaded and proud nature, the viscet had changed significantly and learned
to enjoy the simplicities of life- be it the droplets falling from a leaf after
rain or the fresh scent of petrichor. Sassi had unknowingly given him the
ability to see the world in a different light, the ability to care for another,
the ability to.. Collapse from exhaustion after trouble!

Art & banner by grifforik !

: : : History : : :
History... It's like the life of someone contained in the form of a book. Mine? I'm afraid my childhood ain't worth much, save for the school kids who would treat me like their king, obey my every word.. My ma and pa weren't the best- I'm sure they "loved me", but their own lives were perhaps too busy and treacherous to care for me. Never embraced, never spoke the words "I love you" to my face, but they took care of my needs, nonetheless. I felt like an outsider going to school 'n seeing all the kiddos hug their ma's or pa's before runnin' off to school. I grew up fruitfully in the 'Wild' west, still. The area was bare, sandy, lifeless. The constant heat drained the life out of anything foolish enough to stand around in the daylight for too long. My childhood, a boring memory, I will not talk about - for there is nothing of value to share, and there is nothing memorable to remember but the timeless days of innocence. The teenager days, however, now THAT'S the juicy stuff.

By the time I'd reached my preteen years, my ma and pa had "mysteriously" disappeared, though I minded it not so much. They were always gone anyway, right? I'd guessed they got lost in the unpredictable desert, but that was no true concern of mine. Whether they came back or not at this point mattered not, I knew the basics of how to live and had rightfully beat down the weak around town where my reputation earned me nothing but a fearful respect. "Truly, why should the weak be allowed to live? They chow down upon food, use up useful resources, but cannot fight!" Yes, that is what I thought then. The town was flooded with weaklings, and they would all do as I said when I passed. Wanted a shot o' rum? Wanted some rope? Wanted um' to get outta my way? They'd give it all, do it all. It was not enough though, no. There is the saying that "this town ain't big enough for the two of us", but I'd say that the town wasn't big enough for me alone. I saw the same viscets, day after day, the same fearful eyes, nothing would change, and that bored me to no extent. I wanted change, and the only way for that would be to venture from the dried up trash town o' weaklings.

I'd turned officially 15 the day I'd set out from the waste land, with nothing but a cloak to shield myself from the furious sands. Perhaps it was unwise of me to go without food or water, but I would have rather experienced adventure than stay in that pathetic town. The days were scorching hot, burning my feet, and the nights were contrastingly frigid; though it provided a perfect environment to refresh, seek and strike down prey, and rest. I hadn't an idea where I was really trying to go; that frightened me. But I continued, and had good hopes that I could find another town. True enough, it was not long before I did indeed find another town; just as weak as the first, if I recall correct!! The town's residents knew not how to respond in the blink of an eye to a kick to the face, nor did they know how to fight back when pinned down! I am incredibly confident to say that hunting scorpions was a harder task than knocking a some gosh dang domino of a viscet! It was the same as the first town; weak, unable, and at my mercy. But somehow, I wasn't disappointed or angry that I switched from my town to one so similar in community. In fact, I was glad. It was a twisted sense of gladness, "insanity" some unkind folk liked to call it. I preferred the idea that they were simply inferior to me, "Zarath the Wicked", as the folk would nickname me. I cared not, and knockin' down these folk wasn't enough either! I set out again after a short stay of a month, likely to the folks' joy, I bet.

Word spreads quick, I guess. I hadn't thought much about that, but then again, did I really care? No. I did not. Everywhere I walked was my land, my territory. Everywhere I walked, eyes would fearfully stare. Everywhere I walked, my existence demanded respect!! On my travels, the sand appeared to solidify gradually as I moved forward - the green of plants showed more frequently, and I could make out what seemed like travelers in the distance. I grinned a twisted grin, I remember. I wanted to go meet these travelers. Yes.. Meet. I ran up ahead towards the figures who soon stopped in their tracks and turned to run when they'd realized that I, Zarathax, the hostile figure decided to run directly their way.. Or mayhaps it was my glistening teeth that gave my intentions away. Perhaps. Hmm.. I would admit that they were talented runners, I'll give you that, but not a match for the legs that carried me all the way across the desert, that defended me against the worst wildlife mishaps in my childhood, that allowed me to knock down my foes as if they were nothing! I caught up to the two meek travelers who were smaller than I anticipated; I struck at them with my jaws and thrusted them to the coarse ground. I could see the fear burn in their eyes as they pleaded that I spare their lives. Ah yes, I remember that vividly.. Almost fondly-- Ahh but.. Oh, nevermind.. I did not murder them; I wished to see their sorry faces another day. I'd knock um' down another day, again, again, an' again..

Ah, the monster people would take me for; I didn't care! Why should I..? I visited the town ahead, the same as always. I moved on, I discovered another town not far ahead, and it was all the same. Was the world really full of pathetic pushovers? Or was I just truly too great for them!? I loved it. My life was complex I thought - I thought I was successful, none dared to oppose me, and respect followed me everywhere I went. As long as I was in the midst of others, I could eat all I wanted, I could laugh all I wanted, I could strike others down as I wanted. Every town I visited already knew my name, "Zarathax, the terrible! Zarathax, the wicked! Zarathax, the bully!"
Excuse my silence, but the names are just silly memories now. I eventually decided to settle in a busy city-like hotspot; you see every sort of individual in those areas. Big 'n scary, small 'n weak, nobodies, somebodies... Yeah yeah. Y'get it. Few knew my name or my reputation in this lively spot. This city... It offered me something greater than I thought; thrill, adventure! In the midst of the night, I would take down the biggest- the smallest of foes, all while hiding from "authoritative" groups I prefer to call "popo's". This was my life, the life of a criminal one would say. Few knew my name in this spacious city, it was simply "keep out of the dark! Nasty folk lurk there..!"
Eat, drink, sleep, strike, and hunt others down. It was all I wanted; the feeling of doing something so bad.. So.. Wicked.. With the twist of thrill in avoiding being held down or held back. It felt so good to be bad..
That was me.
That was my life.

: : : A Change of Fate : : :
It was a cold night; the wind howled and the lights in every building were off. Not a soul was in sight; none were outside. It could've been a perfect night to sneak up on someone and ruin their life really- but not one soul was out. Not one. So instead, I sat at the empty bench within the town square. It was deathly quiet.
Was I really a someone that I LIKED?
Was I really big and strong for hurting others?
What was I gaining?
It was then that I felt like I was having what others like to call an "existential crisis", I suppose. Nothing moved within sight, and nothing made noise, and so there was only the train of thought that would stop by to evaluate me. I did not stop once, to think about how much I really liked me. Yes, I am strong, and I am big! I am cunning and magnificent, a sight to behold!... But in the end, would I really be living correctly? Attacking passerby, eating and sleeping, watching the fear, hearing the plea for mercy, and not once stopping to live in a permanent home... With.... Nobody...
Was that really me? Zarathax...?
Is that how I'll always live? Care for nobody, and nobody caring for me?
It was late, now, and the bench was not as comfy as I originally made it out to be. I stood up almost hesitantly and left the rusted iron bench to itself. I was always active at night, however, so it was no time to sleep, of course not! I would explore the land around this happy little city to kill some time, and mayhaps I'd find myself something worth looking at for the night.

I aimlessly walked around the grassy, yet partly sandy land around the city. There was nothing of interest, really, except for more grass here than there - or the other way around. I sighed, unimpressed and disappointed; until I saw something in the distance that looked like someone really was outside during this quiet night. There was a gleaming red tiny flame spitting into the air from afar, and I foolishly walked right into what probably was a trap.

I got close, and I noticed nobody around the flame despite it vibrantly continuing its life. I sat on what finally looked like soil rather than sand, and I observed this fire. It was alive, and angry. It was alone, like me, until its very end.. It was an uncomfortable feeling, but the fire was warm, and I decided I would lazily settle back here as the moon started to disappear gradually. My eyes closed, and I dosed off into dream world.

"Zaza? Is that you? What happened to you? Where's the little boy I knew? The little boy who knew how to smile?!"
"I was disappointed already in you, Zaz- No, Zarathax. You never cared for us, and you simply abandoned the thought of us to your insensitive little-!
"What are you doing? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? STOP THAT RIGHT NOW, THAT'S NOT FUNNY ZARA, PLEASE STOP!
STOP!
I SAID ST-"
I woke up, almost teary-eyed. Guilt. I snarled at the thought, I must've been out of my mind last night. What was I thinking, being all soft and weak like that? The sun was shining bright, and I should've been sleeping now rather than last night. I heard the noise of chatter, and curious, I stood up, shook myself, and looked around. Not for much.

There were four, immense viscets staring me down, and the fire behind me had long since died. My external self told me that I could beat these wimps down one by one without breaking a sweat, but deep down, my internal self squeaked in fear. They were immense, and I'd not seen any like them before.
"Lookie here who's 'wake! Din't have to wait so long, did we ye impatient-"
"I just wanted ta git to it as soon as we got back! Thas all!"
I was stunned in place, but I bared my teeth at the lot and my claws were ready for fighting. I growled a low, ominous growl, and the wind rushed through the bushes and trees.
"Awww lookie at you!! So fierce, haha!! I like that!"
"I'll frickin' tear your throat out you-!" I shouted before being struck from behind in my blind spot; the unbearable mental pain of surprise..
"Listen here 'tearyerthroatout', me and m'gang found the ultimate jackpot. Y'see that towerin' buildin' over there far far from 'ere? Yeah? Itsa jackpot a'ight! Takea wild guess who's gon help us withhat!" The leader of the gang laughed mockingly at me. It was disgusting, and I'd not respond to that.
"Ol' man in there, he's hidin' um' diamonds and gold I heard. It ain't a myth, no, the ol' man's too rich! He's got some to spare to us kind folk, ain't that right?!"
The rest of his gang howled and barked in approval. I was high and mighty, I would fight anyone on the street, but stealing?! I was no burglar. I laughed instead, I was confused; I hadn't a clue as to how to react to the ridiculous order, but I laughed a confused laugh.
"Me? Do your dirty work for you?! What are you, lazy?! I'll rip you to shreds if you think you can make me do th-"
The eyes of the gang were striking, intimidating, looking into my very soul.
"LISTEN HERE YE FILTHY ANIMAL, WE'RE JUS TOO DANG BUSY TO GIT TO THAT, A'IGHT?! YE USELESS SCRAP OF SAD GARBAGE!! YER GON DO THAT FUR US, OR WE'LL SMITE YE WHERE YE ARE!!"
"YOU'VE GOT THE WRONG GUY, IDIOT!!"
I could hear the brush rustle violently, and I expected the worst from my response.

"You let him go! I know, you know that being a bully is wrong, or you wouldn’t have been scared when I yelled at you just now. Now you let him go and go home and ask your mamas for forgiveness! For shame on all of you, picking on this male when there’s four of you and only one of him! That’s being a bully all right, and I don’t think your mama and da would appreciate that their babies are turning into bully’s. Now you let him go and apologize this instant!” 
A part of me shuddered on the inside. Not only was I truly terrified that there was anybody else in this scene to witness me at my weakest point, but the train of thought I'd had was coming back to me. Mama and da.. Mine cared not about how I did. They cared not about my future, and that my life choices brought me down to here. Having to get my hide saved by the diversion of a kid. A part of me wanted to break down into sorrow as my common sense for life flew back into my mind; I was uncared for, and I cared for nobody. Was I really to lead such a tragic life? Would.. Could I fix this..? The monster... The wicked viscet I had become..

The four viscets exploded with laughter; it made me feel nauseous. The leader of the group turned around to reach for extra rope to tie the kid up, but it was just enough time. Enough time to break through the poorly done knots and.. Humiliatingly have to flee! In a surge of power, I kicked down the first of the brutes so as to send the rest falling over like skyscrapers felling each other. I sprinted, I threw the kid onto my back hastily without thought; I fled. It was my turn to run, and heck did I run at least! I ran, and I did not stop until everything was clear out of my sight. Ahead of me was only a soft grassy undergrowth, and behind me was a place I would never return to. I exhaled forcefully in a way that felt like I would die from exhaustion. I glared at the kid who slid off my back. All I could hear her do was shout and complain while I ran; I had not a clue as to what that ungrateful kid even said.
“Um… you’re welcome!” She folded her arms across her chest and glared back.
“You want me, to thank you?” I almost laughed- I did not wish to, but why the heck would she say 'you're welcome'! I was the one who saved her, I was certain of it. This kid certainly had guts!
“Well… yes. I did just save you after all. Those were bullies and I hope they learned their lesson. They need their mamas to give them a whoopin’ because that is not nice at all.”
“Look kid, I don’t know what you think you were doing back there, but I saved you. After they stopped laughing they would have tied you up too. They were going to make me help them rob some rich guy, or destroy me, and I shudder to think how they could have used you to get to the guy instead.” 
I was done. I was exhausted, and this kid was intent upon her own silly perspective. 
“Well, you are safe now,” The kid patted my paw which I rested upon my leg. I couldn't deny that I was safe, but it enraged me to know that I needed to be the one being safe at all.  

“Why are you all alone kid?” I questioned abruptly so as to change the humiliating subject. It was unlike any child to be seen without their parents, and though my eyes darted around in hopes of seeing a mother or father looking for their kid, I knew that'd be impossible with the distance apart.

“I’m searching for my parents.”
I scooted under the shady tree of which towered us. The grass beneath cushioned my tired feet. The sun would bother me no more.

“All alone? How come no one's with you now?” I asked, my voice faltering.
“Because I don’t know anyone, and I can’t remember anything, just waking up next to the river soaked and cold. And someone helped me get warm and sent me to the first town to see if anyone knew my parents. But… nope. And no one wants to talk to me either,” She sank back across from me, pulled her backpack close to her face, and looked ready to cry. The kid's body shook with what looked like an immense effort to resist crying. I had no idea what to do - no clue how to make her feel better. I had seen terror and fear all too well within my life, but this form of sorrow looked new. I frowned, my ears twitched, and I waited for the kid to settle down. The silence only continued as the child buried her face deeper into her backpack, and I learned that I was wasting time.

“Hey, don’t cry kid.” I suddenly spoke, forcing the words from my chords. I never knew what it was to have true motherly or fatherly love, but I knew it was probably a very strong feeling.. Something I was never given. I grit my teeth at the thought. Maybe I could've been a better... A better viscet..??? I thought about it silently for a bit. I awkwardly placed my paw on the child's shoulder, as a weak attempt to reassure her it would be okay. Within what seemed like an instant, she threw herself into my arms and let her tears run free. The hairs on my neck rose in surprise. A... Hug? What.. what was this? It was a weird feeling, an odd one. It was warm, and it was like a pat on the shoulder, but.. Greater. A feeling tugged at my heart, a feeling like I actually cared for once. I almost had no idea how to react.

“My name is Za… Zaza, which is easier for you to say than my real name, what’s your name, kid?” I despised the nickname Zaza, a name only spoken during my childhood, but it was simpler, and kinder sounding for a child to say, and it would have to do. The kid pulled away, wiping her eyes.
“Sassi. My name is Sassi and I’m all alone,” Sassi whispered with a voice like she was ready to cry again. 'Alone'... A feeling I knew all too well...  The intensity of my eyes softened as my mindset strayed from the events of 'being saved'. I relaxed. I asked Sassi if she needed help; I tried with great difficulty to speak kindly, but my voice came out harsh as nails. Despite that, she responded that she indeed did. It was that moment that I decided, no matter the cost - be it a lengthy journey or losing my own wicked soul, I would bring Sassi back to what made her truly whole. What she loved. Family.

I tried to deny the idea that I was living wrongly all this time, but I could not resist that. I was weak. Stupid. The day I met Sassi, the change of my life, the change of my wickedness... The light that showed me that life is too precious to waste being furiously angry at... I decided I would think of her as a sister though she likely doesn't know that..! Daring, warm, and bold... That is Sassi. The true family I never had.
(Though I still saved her and myself from those thugs! I refuse to think anything else, because I know it is a fact.)

Last edited by Bettalong on Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me