Fight! by emgeal

Based on Click to view
Artist emgeal [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 1

Fight!

Postby emgeal » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:27 am

Part boredom, part a desire to practice highlighting and such. If anyone wants to use the designs just message me please. They aren't fursona's or anything. Just random color suggestions from friends.

Critique or Comments encouraged.
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fight!

Postby Gezza » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:12 am

How do you do the doubling thingy?? You know make 2 of them?
I am an adult player.
My Howrse Account
Gezza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Fight!

Postby emgeal » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:37 am

Doubling them is actually really easy, it's moving them around that gets to be hard.

Here's what I do.

First I copy the signature into a new layer. I do this because when I move the images around sometimes the signature would actually be removed from the picture or flipped (as is the case with this one). However it can cause problems if you forget to "show" it at the end (as seen with my ying yang picture which may or may not remain up).

Step 1: Use the select tool (the box made out of dash marks) to select the artist's signature. Click somewhere to the top left and drag to the bottom right, make sure that the entire signature is in the box. If you mess up just click again.

Step 2: Press the Ctrl key and the C key simultaneously (Ctrl +C) to copy the signature.

Step 3: Ctrl + V to paste it in a new layer.

Note: Steps 2 and 3 can also be accomplished via the Edit tab at the top.

Step 4: Rename the layer "Signature" and click the circle to the side. This hides that layer, but since the original image is identical you will see no difference.

Step 5: Repeat step 1 and 2 instead selecting the portion of the image you want flipped (in this case the entire image, but you could just flip a tail, or a wing).

Step 6: Paste this TWICE.

Step 7: “Hide” the first layer by clicking the circle so that it is white and rename it “original” this way if you mess up you can return to what you started with instead of having to start all the way over.

Step 8: Figure out about where you want to put the different layers in the image. This is important because once you move them off of the canvas it deletes that portion of the image. If I had decided to shift the dog on the left farther into the picture I would have had to start at the beginning if I had already dropped it there.

Step 9: Put both layers to multiply. This means that they are see through (kinda, I’m still not positive how this works, but it allows you to color under the shading).

Step 10: For this image I just flipped one layer horizontally (Under the effects tab).

Step 11: Move the images around as you see fit.

Step 12: If there is overlapping decide what should be on top (which of the tails for example) and erase the lines from the other tail.

Step 13: Color. (I used around 11 layers for this image. One for each color, both sets of lines, the signature, and the background.)

Step 14 : Replace the signature and make sure it can be read.
ImageImageImageImage

Complete Collection Achieved on 12/21/2011! (Pets and items)
emgeal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me