Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Butterfly Contest by Molybdenum

Artist Molybdenum [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Butterfly Contest

Postby Molybdenum » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:00 pm

I'm very sorry. :oops: I'm ending the contest prematurely.

There are multiple wing options, and if we move on to another prize I will probably add more antennae and wing options (it would be a bit unfair if I edited it halfway through a contest).

The Prize:
Image]
((Items are just for fun and not included))

What You Need To Know:
~Unlike a traditional contest, I won't be using any of the designs, so feel free to draw your fursona or an OC as a butterfly if you so choose. Such drawings will still be in the competition and will still have a chance of winning (:
~You may edit the lines a little, draw a background, use the picture anywhere else on CS and/or remove the leaf. You must use the lineart, however.
~Please do not use in your own contests, or draw something other than a butterfly as the subject of the picture
~Take your time coloring in the lines; there is not a lock alpha layer but if you really need it you may use the example layer as one
~WIP's are alright if you must, but if you leave it as a WIP for too long I will post reminding you to complete it before the end of the contest.

If you have a question, please feel free to ask (:
Last edited by Molybdenum on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Molybdenum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Butterfly Contest

Postby Molybdenum » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:56 pm

~~Bump~~
Last edited by Molybdenum on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Molybdenum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mysterygoat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:06 am

I made an entry I hope it's okay.
mysterygoat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Molybdenum » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:57 pm

Wow, what a great first entry! It's going to be really tough to beat!
Molybdenum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Leurai » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:30 pm

Unless you would like this competition moved to the Art Competitions board, you may not allow entrants to draw their own butterfly, they must use your lines.
Leurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mysterygoat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:22 pm

I'm a little annoyed the competition rules were changed after I posted my entry. This competition had been up for a while and the rules were only changed after I had finished my entry. I'm not too familiar with what rules competitions should have since i'm a new member and have never run my own contest, so my own ignorance could be blamed too, but I'll redo my entry regardless.

I believe my entry is posted in the the intermediate oekaki (not quite sure how it got there), if you move it over to competition entries I'll redo the entry following the revised rule set.
mysterygoat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Molybdenum » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:53 am

I am so so sorry, I honestly did read the rules; I have no idea how I missed that :oops: I feel really horrible. I thought that as long as I provided the lineart as an option, it was OK. Once again, I'm really sorry.

I think I'm just going to end the contest, honestly. Ultima, your entry was incredible and I'm sorry that the rules had to be changed. I've actually had a very similar thing happen to me (someone used lines without the origional owner's permission, and i didn't find out until after my entry) which makes me feel ten times worse about it :( So I'm sending the prize to you in a trade.
Molybdenum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mysterygoat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 am

I'll PM you ^.^
mysterygoat