Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Genetics Adopts by flyteck

Artist flyteck [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
33 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Genetics Adopts

Postby flyteck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Welcome!

to

Genetics Adopts!

My Treedog, Tucker, my Plainsog, Violet, my Skydog, Jay, and my Seadog, chilling c:.

Not Accepting Artists.

Form:
Code: Select all
Username:
Gallery:
Other Art:
Experience Anywhere?:
How Often Will You be On?:

Support Us!
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=973269][IMG]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z377/copycat123_WI/genetics.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Kovu + Kiara made us a RP c:

What are they?

Seadogs:
Physical:
Seadogs are a new hybrid species. They are dogs with fish genetics inserted into there own. Not all seadogs look the same, but all have three main characteritics:
~ Leg and Back Fins
~ Long, Finned Tails
~ Webbed Paws
Most also have scales covering their front legs and stomachs. The fins on their front legs can be spread apart. They can dislocate their shoulders, which click into the "swimming joint", an abnormal, extra socket just underneath the ordinary one. It allows full circular motion, and thus, swimming. The seadog will use it's legs like fins, paddling with them at their sides. Combined with their powerful tail, they can gracefully swim into the deepest water. Seadogs have extra eyelids as well. These are used to clean debris from their eyes as they swim. Their eyes are immune to the stinging normally caused by salt water. Seadogs tend to be beagle - mastiff sized, although some can be larger.

Patterns/Markings:
Seadogs are always dark in colour, and normally are natural tones. They also almost always have perky ears and solid-coloured pelts. Sometimes, slightly lighter colours will appear, but nothing lighter than middle-brown accept for albino (extremely rare). Patterns, like spots, can occur, but stripes are very rare.

Social:
Seadogs use their long back fins to communicate, moving them up or down in different signals. They communicate with varying barks and yips, and are also able to use echolocation. Marks made with the seadog's large hind claws on the banks around water are ways of showing that they were there. Each seadog has a unique set of grooves on the edges of their claws, almost like fingerprints. Seadogs also have excellent night vision, as they need to be able to see in deep water.

Dietary:
Seadogs mainly eat fish, but can also be fed wet dog food and chicken. They will not eat other poultry though.

Industries:
Seadogs can be used for fishing. They can be trained to hunt specific breeds of fish, or to only catch a certain size. They can also be used to help drowning people.

Skydogs:

Physical:
Skydogs are dogs crossed with birds. They have a fairly independent nature, but are still loving and freindly companions. Skydogs are often very cheeky, and enjoy picking people up at random or stealing things and hiding them in trees/on buildings. However, with a firm hand, Skydogs can be trained to behave themselves. Most skydogs look about the same in form, and always have wings and bird like tails, although some rare mutations can occur. They are generally greyhound - golden retriever sized.

Patterns/Markings:
Some Skydogs have feathered crests upon their heads, or even have bird like feet, but mainly, they only have wings and bird tails. Skydogs also tend to only come in light colours, and are very rarely even dark brown. They have varyingly patterned wings, but they always match some sort of birds, frequently ones in the jay species or song birds. They normally have solid pelts, although sometimes will have patterns similar to that of the bird their wings match. They also rarely are dark, with the acceptation of crow/raven skydogs, which have a small chance of being darker.

Social:
Skydogs communicate through chirps, barks, and yips. Some Skydogs can "sing", normally with specific bird voices, although some have a singing voice somewhere between a warble and a howl. These songs are used to find mates, or merley to express pleasure. Some can pick up on sounds like fire alarms, laughter, and other things like that. They will not inly mimic them, but use them at appropriate times.

Dietary:
Skydogs eat fruit, small mammals, and dog food. Some also like to eat seeds, but others refuse.

Industries:
Skydogs can be used for arial searches, and can also be used to replace falcons at airports by scaring away birds.

Plainsdogs:

Physical:
Plainsdogs are a cross between cheetahs and dogs. All plainsdogs are very lean and lanky, with long tails that end in longer fur. On these lines, they look very cheetah like. Normal plainsdogs also have longer snouts then cheetahs, matching their dog counterparts. Also, they tend to be about the size of a great dane - german shepherd. All plainsdogs have an excellent sense of direction.

Patterns/Markings:
Plainsdogs will frequently have spots, although it isn't abnormal to see one without. They always have the set of bands at the end of the tails, but may lose the ones on their ears. They come in every colour imaginable, but no bright colours (ex. Red, Neon Green, etc). If they are bright (red), they will be subdued (mahogany). Some plainsdogs also inherit markings from the canine side.

Social:
Plainsdogs communicate through yips, barks, and "Mha"s (the sounds cheetahs make). The use their long tails to communicate silently. Most plainsdogs also show affection by licking & rubbing their head against their owner. Some plainsdogs find it funny to run up beside cars of random people, although this habit is very dangerous and should be broken immediately.

Dietary:
Plainsdogs like to eat wild game, birds, and really, most meat. They will eat both dog and cat food, but only the wet varieties.

Industries:
Plainsdogs are used in racing, but can also be used for pulling of carts and "mail" (for short-distance, personal mailing only).

Treedogs:

Physical:
Treedogs are a cross between a gecko and a dog. Treedogs are short legged, rather like corgis or dachshunds. They all have the fat tail of a gecko and sticky, and finely haired paw pads that allow them to scale almost every surface. Their pelts come in many colours, but mainly are subdued colours, not neon. Some treedogs also have spots. All treedogs are about the size of a corgi, although some can be much smaller, down to chihuahua sized.

Social:
Treedogs have a "corgi" bark, only yelping and yipping in higher pitches. Some people may find the bark annoying, so check before adopting. Treedogs make hissing sounds to show aggression, and will spread out their stance and hold their backs high to look bigger. Personalities range from playful to grouchy, and may change over the growth period from pup to adult. They are also very moody.

Dietary:
Treedogs prefer to eat fruit and insects, but will also eat normal dog food. They, however, dislike meat.

Industries:
Tropical fruit picking and studying of wild, tree dwelling species (cameras attached to them)
Last edited by flyteck on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:30 am, edited 11 times in total.
⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁⤁
echjhmhehcghfghfgghhImage

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden
I'm still on here, but I don't post much.
Feel free to message me if you'd like to
chat! Check my DA for commissions c;

✯ Check out my Webcomic!✯
flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Seadog and Skydog Adopts!

Postby flyteck » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:34 pm

Adopting:

Customs:

Customs are open so order now!

To get a custom, fill out the form bellow:
Username:
What Species?:
Ref/Colours (follow breed standards):
Name:
Artist (send payment to them):
Payment:
Anything Else?:

My Slots:
1) All closed
2)
3)
4)
5)

C H A L K's Slots:
1)
2)
3)

Normal Customs of Any Species Cost: One uncommon (at least 8 months old, if you are new, pm me) or any rare.
Accessories will cost you one CS item each, or an uncommon/common for 5.

Note: You cannot request customs that completley disagree with the breed standards.

Premades:

Premades will hopefully be up fairly often. Most will be story/art, but some might be first come first serve, so make sure to check them out when you see them. Here's the premade form:
Username:
Pet Name:
Story (If Applicable):
Art (If Applicable):

Breeding:

You can now breed your dogs! No inter-specie mixes yet. If they are ever released, you will need to pay an arm and a leg for them!
Accessories will not be added to pups, but if you draw them, add whatever you like. Patterning and colouring, as well as mutations, will be passed down. In the case of a multi-specie cross, the mutations may cross and create new species!

I am currently working on several lines for breedings. This will not be where breedings are done. Link to breeding centre: Clicky!

You can now post.
Last edited by flyteck on Sun May 27, 2012 12:34 am, edited 23 times in total.

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden

flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iHolli » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:05 pm

{omg these are so cute! You're taking custom orders, correct?}
Username: .:Holliwood:.
What Species? Seadog
Ref/Colours (follow breed standards): The fur is black, the fins/tail/scaled parts are light sky blue, and the eyes are brown C:
Accesories: How about a pink collar?
Payment: Sending C:
Anything Else?: I'll definitely be keeping this in mind! Are you looking for artists atm?

.Holli.
iHolli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:32 am

.:Holliwood:. wrote:
{omg these are so cute! You're taking custom orders, correct?}
Username: .:Holliwood:.
What Species? Seadog
Ref/Colours (follow breed standards): The fur is black, the fins/tail/scaled parts are light sky blue, and the eyes are brown C:
Accesories: How about a pink collar?
Payment: Sending C:
Anything Else?: I'll definitely be keeping this in mind! Are you looking for artists atm?

.Holli.

Kk! If this takes off, I will need some artists. I will keep you in mind!

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden

flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Destrie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:32 am

Can i ask what the skydogs look like?
aka Des | She/Her | USA
[Toyhouse] | [deviantArt]
[Join me on Furry-Paws]
Inactive, but still here~

[Avatar by Nok]
[Sig Art by me]
Destrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:44 am

horse_lover0726 wrote:Can i ask what the skydogs look like?

They have wings and a tail like a birds. They only come in light colours. I am making a premade soon.

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden

flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Destrie » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:00 am

Kay, I was just curious : ) I may get one...
aka Des | She/Her | USA
[Toyhouse] | [deviantArt]
[Join me on Furry-Paws]
Inactive, but still here~

[Avatar by Nok]
[Sig Art by me]
Destrie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .Fubuki Shirou. » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 am

Username
xXxɴλર૮أᏕᏕأᏕϻϝϕϝxXx
What Species?
Seadog.
Ref/Colours (follow breed standards)
Click.
For the fins; they can be dark purple. =3
Accesories
A dark green bowtie if you can do one. ^^;
Payment
I have a rare and a uncommon on your wishlist I'm willing to give. =3
Anything Else?
I D'aaawed. They're. So. Cute. <3 8D

"I'm ɴ ᴏ ᴛ perfect

I can't help ᴀ ɴ ʏ ᴏ ɴ ᴇ"

it wears a ᴅ ɪ s ǫ U ɪ s ᴇ
a ғ ᴀ ɪ ɴ T surprise
though I can see its
Y ᴇ ʟ ʟ ᴏ ᴡ eyes
a rising
ғ ᴇ A ʀ
tells me it's ɴ ᴇ A ʀ
and I'm about to be ᴄ ᴏ ɴ S U ᴍ ᴇ ᴅ
now it's ɢ ᴏ T me
and I do not like this
ᴘ A ɪ ɴ
you ᴋ ɴ ᴏ ᴡ I like to go
for
ғ A ᴍ ɪ ʟ ɪ A ʀ feelings
༽‎

"I have to be ᴘ ᴇ ʀ ғ ᴇ ᴄ ᴛ

or there's no ᴘ ᴏ ɪ ɴ ᴛ in
me ʙ ᴇ ɪ ɴ ɢ here

perfection is ᴇ ᴠ ᴇ ʀ ʏ ᴛ ʜ ɪ ɴ ɢ"
.Fubuki Shirou.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby flyteck » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:58 am

xXxɴλર૮أᏕᏕأᏕϻϝϕϝxXx wrote:
Username
xXxɴλર૮أᏕᏕأᏕϻϝϕϝxXx
What Species?
Seadog.
Ref/Colours (follow breed standards)
Click.
For the fins; they can be dark purple. =3
Accesories
A dark green bowtie if you can do one. ^^;
Payment
I have a rare and a uncommon on your wishlist I'm willing to give. =3
Anything Else?
I D'aaawed. They're. So. Cute. <3 8D

Ok! You can pay with the rare or the uncommon, I don't need both. 83 Will do ASAP.

Deviantart [most active]
toyhou.se
Lioden

flyteck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tacocat. » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:23 am

Username: Cats Eat Pie
What Species? Seadogs
Ref/Colours (follow breed standards): The tail and scales should be dark blue, and all fins should be a bit light, but close to the blue. It's body should be sea green and it should be speckled with the blue from the fins. It's eyes shoul be brown.
Accesories: N/A
Payment: Sending
Anything Else?: Thanks
tacocat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me