Based on Click to view
Artist Schneemaehne [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
20 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Wind-chased Mind

Postby Schneemaehne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:48 am

Contest entry^^

I sadly don't know a lot about the midnight breed-books, but I surely had a lot of fun while drawing. A lot of thinking went into the design, I just realized at the very end, that you will probably have a story and a meaning for her already written down. Anyways, if you're interested in my own thoughts I will gladly add them (they should explain parts of the design as well).
I thought of the meaning of the name "Elisa" (meaning "the promise") as a strong, but heavy companion. I imagined her as a really strong, but deep down kind-hearted person, appearing stray and maybe weird for the simple observer. But deep down she has a fiercefull heart and is stron enough to share the burdens that come along with Tegans ability of transmitting other beings pain into himself, leaving them healed and himself in agony. (At least that's what my wild-running mind imagined.) Her ability is bound to the everchanging air, terrifying strong in one moment and gentle an soft in the next.

Okay, I should stop my babbling and just send this...

Hope you like it, Bucherwurm^^

EDIT:
Things I thought about while drawing/ ideas of the design:
- I soon got the thoight that Tegan isn't her first mate; she once had another one, maybe even some offspring - they sadly died in battle (? Not sure if this is happening in the books, but like I know this genre there's some battling in the vampire-world, too^^)
- she spent the following years more or less alone, in a minute of agony she even tried to scrath out the symbol on her backleg with her fangs - she stopped after a few tries, but the scars remain, now a symbol of her sad past
- she has a close connection with birds and other creatures of the air - they actually helped her and piece by piece she went back into her old life as a strong member of the community
- the others are still a little reserved in her presence, she has the reputation of being easily to provoke and rather moody
- Tegan unique ability to share others pain slowly created a strong band between the two of them
- her amulet is from unknown origin, but she'll seen seldomly without it
- the white feathers are from a Crane
(check out it's symbolic meaning, those animals are awesome^^)
Last edited by Schneemaehne on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wind-chased Mind

Postby Buecherwurm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:52 am

"Like" is nicht der richtige ausdruck dafür. Dieses Design ist super mega genial!! und da ich nicht vorhabe mich bis auf den namen an die orlage zuhalten freue ich mihc sehr über deine gedanken und ideen zu dem charakter.
Buecherwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:11 am

Danke sehr^^ Habe mein Geschwätz dann auch einmal dazugeschrieben. Ist natürlich keine Vorgabe, schließlich ist es dein Character. Aber meistens kommen einem beim Zeichnen ja Ideen und vielleicht kannst du ja den ein oder anderen Ideen-Schnipsel für Elisa gebrauchen^^
My DeviantArt
Avatar and signature sketch made by myself, no stealing or Princess Stabbity will get you.
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buecherwurm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:20 am

okay langsam machst du mir angst. Im Buch hatte Elisa wirklich schon einen Mann und einen Sohn, der Mann starb (keine ahnung wieso) und ihr Sohn verfiel dem Blutrausch und wurde getötet. Also kann man das eigentlich sogar alles lassen. Den rest muss ihc mir erst übersetzten xD
Buecherwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:26 am

*lach* Ganz ehrlich? Diese ganzen Vampirreihen sind nicht wirklich kreativ^^ Kennst du eines, kennst du alle^^
(Zumindest was die Figuren angeht - die verwitwerte Heldin, den starken Vampir mit der schlimmen Vergangenheit, der dann aber dank irgendeiner Frau nett und freundlich wird, der Außenseiter, der irgendwie durch Zufall ein kommt und den dann trotzdem alle mögen und so weiter^^)
(Im Notfall übersetze ich es dir schnell)
My DeviantArt
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buecherwurm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:29 am

nein schon übersetzt^^ und mir gefällts ziemlich gut.

Ich muss leider wiedersprechen. Midnight Breed ist die Beste Vampirreihe die ich kenne^^ und Tegan und Elise sind ja nur ein Päärchen. Und wenn Tegan nett und freundlich is fress ich nen besenstiel xD
Buecherwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:42 am

*lach* Danke sehr^^

Ich weiß nicht, ich habe hauptsächlich die Black-Dagger-Reihe gelesen^^ Und ein paar mehr ähnliche Bücher, mal waren's Vampire, mal Magier, mal Gestaltwandler - irgendwo wiederholte sich das alles^^
My DeviantArt
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buecherwurm » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:04 am

drum les ich keine weiteren bücher in diese richtung damit ichs mir nicht ruiniere nur kelley armstrong les ich z urzeit aber das is ja eh ned nur das^^
Buecherwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schneemaehne » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:14 am

Ja, das hätte ich vielleicht auch so machen sollen^^
My DeviantArt
Schneemaehne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vestra » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:57 am

This is sweet!! :D

Vestra