Anyone remember Schitz? by icarusAbstracted

Based on Click to view
Artist icarusAbstracted [gallery]
Time spent 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Anyone remember Schitz?

Postby icarusAbstracted » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:28 pm

My uber upity, slightly psychotic, mentally unstable raccoon with blinding colouration? (AKA, this THING)
Well, this is him.
Hesh all new and shiny!
I've been meaning on updating him for ages. And well, I hurt my back by falling on a dictionary, took a few too many painkillers, and somehow ended up on the floor chewing on my laptop with a DA page open about redesigned characters.
I figure it was a sign.
I am too lazy, tired and sore to actually draw him, but I needed to give him a good ref for the time being.

SO! Now I will explain his extreme change.
Well, as you can see, his design took a hard left from Wacky-Ville and banked right off the cliff to Semi-Realistic City.
Basically, his design it nothing the same. There is really nothing I kept, except that he's a raccoon. As a small tribute to his former design, he has a faded rainbow across his spine. It's from dried paint, by the way. See, it has an explanation. (it's a very fine powder by now (been there a while(he doesn't bathe much)) and it's rubbed into his skin and fur, hence the faded look)
You can also see, very faintly, on his thigh, a little anarchy symbol. It's on his skin. I don't know how it got there. Maybe he burned himself or something, I don't know. It's three AM, I'll work out details later.
So, for accessories, I was trying to figure out something that would work to show his mental issues. (Schizophrenia, from which he got his name, ADHD or ADD, some other random junk I'll fill in when I remember.) So I decided to go with a hospital band. It's corner is a little messed up and slobbery (hard to see in this picture, but I tried) because he's been chewing on it.
Then his old necklace. Well, I tried drawing it on, and it sucked. I couldn't get it to look right. So now it's on his leg. best I can explain it is he had a breakdown, went to a home for a while, and they had to take it away from him. He broke out, and just managed to grab it with his foot.
(Oh, this would be a good time to mention, he now has the ability to switch between quad and anthro-esque form at will. Well, not really at will since he's bug nuts, he kind of just changes randomly. Sometimes he can control it, other times he will just suddenly be really big, or really small. He's not that dependable.)
Oh and his eye colour has changes. I meant it to be dark blue but I can barely see right now so I am really not sure what it looks like. I will fix it up later.

Alright. I think that's all I need to cover. Working on his sister Psych the hyena now. (if your going to ask how a Hyena and a Raccoon can be siblings, they were born human, and both ate some magic berries that turned them into the creature they most loved (no, I just made that up. It will get explained some time though... I think...))
Hvae a nice night/day/afternoon.
╭───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╮
icky they/them or xey/xem adult

old player trying to be more active tons of old rares to trade
╰───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╯
icarusAbstracted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Anyone remember Schitz?

Postby Everett. » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:13 pm

Wow! Great job!
quitting woo
Everett.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoketi. » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Wow. You can draw beautiful raccoons. They look so much more realistic than mine. And since my fursona's a raccoon...sigh.
I love the necklace too. <3
zoketi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icarusAbstracted » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 pm

[color#963963]Thankies fuzzy buddeh. Lols. Glad you like.
And zoketi, Oh no, I didn't draw it! I can't draw nearly this well. (contrary to what fuzzyipod will tell you) I just coloured it. I am much too lazy to draw at the moment.
Thankies though. I appreciate the comment.[/color][/color]
icky they/them or xey/xem adult

old player trying to be more active tons of old rares to trade
╰───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ───── ⋅⋅⋅ ★ ⋅⋅⋅ ───── ⋅ ✩ ⋅ ─────╯
icarusAbstracted

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zoketi. » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:02 pm

Haha lol, didn't see that. x3 Still intriguing character!
zoketi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby icarusAbstracted » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:19 pm

Thankies! XD